Katana Cloud Inventory Reviews

About Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana's Cloud Inventory Platform gives you live insights into sales, purchasing, and production to maintain optimal inventory levels in real time. Easily manage incoming orders from all your sales channels and issue purchase...

4.2
4.7

Browse Katana Cloud Inventory Reviews

Joshua
Joshua
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

The best for small manufacturing

Pros

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable.

Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Cons

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Cin7 Core and Odoo

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

ease of use and training of users

Cin7 Core

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Replied 2/6/2020
Klaus
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 21/8/2020

First Impression KATANA - perfect fit for smaller companies which do not need a complex...

For our requirements, set-up and company size the best we could find and test!
We will manage inventory/warehouse with 5000+ items, handle products with ingredients & operations, edit quotes, generate sales orders and mark received orders as shipped for automated invoice generation in Quickbooks. The cloud-based concept and the reduced complexity combined with an intuitivbe operatzion makes this SW easy to install and to work with if you have a team in different geographic locatioopns (as we have).
Set-up of KATANA is absolutely simple, mostl yself-explanatory and can be done by any "power-user" without need of (expensive) external ERP-consultants.

Pros

Handling of inventory, items, products, ingredients, sales orders - all this is handled in a very efficient, clear and easy to use way. Makes the difference compared to many alternative MRP-/ERP-systems.
Connector to QuickBooks with automatic trigger for invoices in QB once the products are marked as shipped in KATANA.
Connector to Shopify for on-line sale of spare parts.
100% helpful and open minded customer service - very helpful in helping to understand all features and finding the best workflow for specific situations.

Cons

There are some functions/features which need improvement, e.g. the customization of documents such as Quotations so every company can generate a set of individual template to serve different areas (machines, spare parts, service,..). 3-5 custom fields for Quotes/Sales Orders/Products would be helpful. Althoug KATANA is intended to be a MRP-system it would be helpful to integrate SERVICE-articles (not only MAKE or BUY articles). This would allow to add a possible service portion to a spare parts quote.
Dedicated Delivery Notes (with partial shipments) would be a great feature.

Dynamics 365 and Sage 100

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Due to a downsizing in manufacturing we decided to look for a faster, more flexible, less complicated MRP-system which is cloud-based and would have good and propven interfaces to a standard accounting SW and to an on-line shop (spare parts).

Dynamics 365 and Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Simplicity with at the same time well covered basic features, ease of use, intuitive, cloud-based.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you! Glad you are getting value out of Katana.

Oscar
Oscar
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 14/3/2024

The MRP now with less functionality that costs more!

horrible and I would never ever want to be in business with them again, they only see you as money bags.

Pros

It worked for what I was expecting, it kept track of the items I needed to produce custom embroidered items. It was able to track when I needed to re buy items from my suppliers.

Cons

Where do you even start. I will start with the biggest issue they have. The price.
When I started the cost was around 60aud a month. Then they bumped me up to 400aud a month without any communication, then they bumped me up to $1400 aud a month without any communication.

When confronted with the problem with the pricing, and the illegal practices that they were acting under, they told me it was my fault because I was using API pulls. Which I was not doing. They realised that they were charging me incorrectly, and would "refund me the difference" and I am yet to see the refund. They would have never bothered to address this if I didn't bring it up to them, they would have happily charged me 2333% more than my original subscription without batting an eyelid.

How can a company honestly think that it is okay to charge 2000% more and remove functionality?

Customer service will only meet you at 2am Australian time (useless)

Oh, and they have a 1 month notice cancellation fee for a month to month subscription (illegal) so if you sign up for a month, expect to pay for two. Like a gym, except you didn't sign anything so they can't do that. but they will.

This company is greedy and it will fail if they keep this way. Do not look at reviews from further than two months ago, as that katana is long gone. Read all reviews from recently and you will see very cleary how this greedy corperate company has failed their customers.

Avoid at all costs, get a better mrp software or even a spreadsheet.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Hey Oscar,

I appreciate your review and understand your concerns regarding our pricing.
Your insights are valuable as we continuously improve our services. The decision to change our subscription offerings was made after careful consideration and necessary to continue to deliver excellent service and product/feature development to our customers.
We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively improving our communication processes to ensure transparency in future changes. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're committed to resolving any outstanding issues promptly, as we have done so in your case via continued Success Team engagement.
We believe we have done everything reasonably within our power to resolve your issues. If you feel there is anything more you would like to discuss, we are always available via our Support Chat or you can reach out to your Success Manager via email or schedule meeting.
Thanks for your feedback!

All the best,
Christopher @ Katana

Replied 27/3/2024

Top Katana Cloud Inventory Alternatives

Brandon
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 9/2/2020

Perfect for where we're at right now

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Pros

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Cons

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback!

Replied 13/2/2020
Elle

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Cannot recommend this app enough

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

Pros

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

Cons

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the support!

Replied 2/6/2020
Jonathan

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

A critical piece of our business that we can't live without

I love it. I've had great interactions with everyone on the team, and I can tell they want to help me succeed. Thanks Katana!

Pros

Great value, probably the only affordable cloud solution on the market

Cons

It's a great piece of software for data entry. Not so great when it comes to using that data to run your business. No dashboards or views that provide insights. They've solved for this by integrating with Easy-Insight and Stocktrim. Now that those are in place, I'm completely satisfied.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thanks for your review Jonathan, happy to hear Katana saves you the time and effort compared to Airtable!

Replied 2/8/2022

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Very Useful

The overall experience has been excellent so far. Katana has helped us transition away from using spreadsheets to track our manufacturing operations and really professionalise our processes. It's an integral part of our everyday operations.

Pros

Katana has multiple features which have very useful in improving our manufacturing processes. The ability to create recipes for each product has been a huge help for us as we have quite a lot of raw materials in each finished product.

The Shop Floor app has been brilliant for us to track production/assembly time more accurately. This has been a great help in pinpointing an accurate cost per unit.

Cons

The only aspect that hasn't met our expectations so far has been the batch tracking feature. This is an excellent feature and one that would be so helpful for us. However, we need it to work automatically with our Shopify orders and at the moment sales orders can only be attributed to particular batches if you fulfil them on the Katana dashboard. We need this to happen automatically when our Shopify orders are fulfilled.

Cin7 Core

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana was much more suited to our needs in terms of the receipt creation features for each product. The interface was also much simpler than the alternative products we considered.
Dennis

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

Exactly What Our Growing Business Needed.

So far, we are really liking hoe easy it was to setup and get running. The inventory management has improved the flow and processes in our company for the better.

Pros

Ease of use, support, inventory management features, able to create builds/recipes for products (BOM), ability to upload data using Excel, integration with Quickbooks Online

Cons

Cost, certain features do not make sense in the implementation.

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and the features. And it looks good.
Samantha

Highly Recommend!

We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

Easy Implementation
Customer Service
Reorder Options

Cons

I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

Quoc Viet
Quoc Viet
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

The simplest mrp system.

We can easy to get COGS, quickly in make decision for make or buy.
Implement is simple and quickly .

Pros

Clear process: Order fulfillment, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Inventory Control.

Cons

Don't have kitting BOM (Combo product).
Format of Currency is bad, it's difficult to read.

ERPNext

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Easy, simple and focus on MRP.

Odoo

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Simple and Very focus, easy to connect with Shopify and Quickbook.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

Promised so much delivered far short of what we hoped

Disappointed. They are pretending this software is the best thing since sliced bread and its more like a stale baguette.

Pros

It works on a basic level for stock management and also bills of materials.

Cons

It fails to have any sort of calender or gantt chart. It also fails terribly with time planning/recording of how long a task can take. For example you can't even put into the system that you start your working day at half past the hour only full hours are allowed. Further to the time planning side you can not block out time for holidays or meetings. Making this software useless to plan your time and give acreate lead times to customers.

MRPeasy

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

In the middle of the switch but it seams to offer far more options and cross capability.

Odoo

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving on the points of time planning and will be ready with better capabilities in the coming months already.

Replied 9/3/2022
Zach
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Smooth Operator

It has been great, highly recommend for small to medium business. Very user friendly!

Pros

Katana has made our day to day business so much more fluid and stress free. It was easy to build out the product lines, upload product sku's and flip the switch on going live. Game changer!

Cons

On the production schedule front, hoping that the software will eventually lump all the tasks together, I have multiple consumers that order the same item, each order is its own line item instead of being lumped into a group, so our production team needs to scrub the tasks before production starts as to make sure they capture each item, as to not create redunancy in work.

Jason
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 6/7/2021

Love the functionality!

Pros

This software is very user friendly compared to some other, more detailed programs.

Cons

I had some issue with the conversions during the product builds, so I am not sure if you could have multiple conversions for a product.

Lauren

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Love it!

We LOVE this app! We had to work out some kinks the in the beginning based on our needs but Katana's representatives were very helpful and we got it all figured out.

Pros

It's helped us streamline inventory management, manufacturing orders and inventory orders. Highly recommend!

Cons

It was a significantly more money than what we were paying with our old system but the extra money has been so worth it for us.

Denis
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Best MRP/inventory manager for small business

Overall, I'm very happy with Katana. Even though I run a small business and the price is relatively high for me, it's still well worth it.

Adding new orders is quick and simple, but more importantly, I can instantly see if I have all the required resources at hand. Even if I have a few dozen pending orders, their coloured chart makes it so easy to quickly see if there are any issues.

Pros

Very easy to use without cluttered interface. This was my biggest selling point when comparing Katana to other similar products. Everything is so well organised and easy to glance over, while still offering nearly everything that I need for myself.

I also like that any changes in the inventory are immediately reflected in open orders. This is true for everything that I've used so far; as soon as I make a change in one area, it instantly reflects in all others as well.

Cons

I'm missing one feature, but it's more due to the specific nature of my business. It would be great if I could organize my inventory not just by total combined weight, but broken down into individual units as well.

For example, if my order requires 500g of plastic in one piece, but I have two separate pieces of 250g each, Katana will show that I have enough resources, even though I can't fill my order since I need one unbroken piece.

I've already got in touch with their support about this and they've said my request was put on their wish list, so I'm fairly confident it will eventually get implemented.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for choosing Katana!

Replied 13/1/2021
Maureen

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

Katana boosted our confidence as new business owners!

Great! Service has been very helpful, and we’ve been able to do everything we need to do. Looking forward to seeing Katana grow and deploy more functions!

Pros

Inventory and order management systems were relatively new to us when we started with our company. We evaluated and tested several web-based tools and Katana was by far the most user friendly. The interface is clean and initiative, which helped us to get up and running quickly and confidently.

Cons

There are some features and reporting that we would like to have that haven’t been rolled out yet (particularly around customer information) and we spent time tinkering around and then ultimately asking customer support about it. They have been very helpful and we are waiting for the enhancements.

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and interface
Kyle

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Great MRP tool, some flaws but very responsive and receptive customer service and dev team

Great MRP for small manufacturers. I find that Katana saves a lot of time and makes it easy to track inventory. Saves me many "counting" trips to different locations.

Pros

Super easy to use, pricing is more clear and streamlined than when we started. Support is great; not always the quickest but 1-2 days usually gets us a thorough and well covered answer to our questions. You can send them suggestions and they will tally in to their dev schedule. Saves a lot of time and nice to be able to access it from any computer.

Cons

There currently (2020) is no option to add fixed costs to POs. This makes tracking cost of inventory a little tougher. I also cannot edit PO templates. Having these features would make cost tracking and insurance claims easier. There is also no support for contractor per unit manufacturing but a simple way to get around this would be to set contractor tasks and payment by the hour and make each unit take 1 hour to finish. This does though make it difficult to track time if you need to track how long production will take. Fortunately we have a good idea of how long something will take without the help of Katana.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your feedback and glad to see you are getting value from Katana. We have also noted down your suggestions.

Michaela
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Manufacturing superstar

We went over many manufacturing software, but Katana is the best so far.

Pros

- easiness of navigation and implementation
- support
- the colour coding

Cons

- not sure how to upload documents
- not being able to add multiple sale and purchase accounts
- not being able to ship partial sale orders

Fishbowl

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

too hard to navigate/ implement/ support etc

JobBOSS²

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

overall feel and easiness of allocation
Jeff
Jeff
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!

I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for

1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes)
2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers)
3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.)

Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients.

I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

Pros

Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell.
Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from.
Connects to Shopify and updates automatically.
Amazing customer support.

Cons

It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you!

Jason
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 16/3/2022

A lot of bang for the buck!

We were able to implement Katana as our central point for our entire software stack. Each piece of software gets its orders and data from Katana. Normally, I would be hesitant to put any of the software that small business sees on a daily basis into this important position. I had no issue putting Katana into this position.

Pros

This software has a fantastic feel to make working in it incredibly efficient. As a person that works with software/web design/development, I can appreciate the attention paid to this incredibly complex platform.

Cons

There isn't much we don't like. Most of the small things are already in the development cycle and they include small things like being able to customize Katana a bit more for our specific needs. Column order, custom fields, field mapping of API connections, etc.

Elias

Reviewed on 20/12/2020

Simple but Effective Inventory Management

We've saved countless manhours on tracking inventory. It also makes purchasing decisions a lot easier, with the ability to know at a glance how much of each product you need to buy.

Pros

PROS:

- really easy to use, great interface

- support is responsive, although we didn't have much need for support thanks to a very thorough and detailed knowledge base

- reasonably priced compared to other inventory management systems

- good integrations with Shopify, Quickbooks, etc

- it made inventory tracking a lot easier for us as a manufacturer. The manhours saved on doing Excel updates to inventory would definitely cost more if you run complex operations

Cons

CONS:

- Integration with Quickbooks is a little iffy if you don't login to Quickbooks beforehand

- It doesn't have a multicurrency feature for purchase orders (when you buy inventory in a currency different from your main currency)

- It's not easy to account for freight costs in the costs of buying raw materials

- You can't work in 2 browser tabs without paying for 2 users, this can be a little frustrating

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the valuable feedback! Some of your suggestions are already in our roadmap for 2021. Glad to see you are saving time and resources with Katana!

Kyle
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

Pros

The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

Cons

There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Replied 9/9/2019
Mary Ellen

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

It's a good start

Pros

We like having the ability to make manufacture orders so everyone involved can see what's been planned and when it's due. The ability to prioritize orders is very helpful for assigning inventory.

Cons

Identifying products that are ready to ship on each order is cumbersome. Our customer service team has to click individually into each order to see if any items are ready to ship. There's no way to easily flip to the next order. You have to close that window & click on the next order. It would be nice if you could at least toggle between orders within an order window. We'd also love to see some kind of drop down or hover-over feature that would quickly show you if partial shipments are available.

Gaz
Gaz

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to...

I can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.

Pros

It answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.

Cons

Where there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you Gaz for all the support!

Replied 9/9/2019
Erik
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

MKUltra Corporation

Invaluable to the maker+vendor. No more guessing, no more surprises when material stock runs out or inventory levels are low - Katana is the second set of eyes I didn't know I needed. Worth every minute of setup, this app has not only saved my business money and time - it has saved my business, period.

Pros

Integrates flawlessly with my Shopify store and makes managing materials and stock levels incredibly easy once everything is setup. The ability to prioritize jobs based on different criteria and rearrange them on the fly if necessary is critical for my business and Katana handles this with ease.

Cons

Setup was a chore BUT that is really more of a good thing, because there is a LOT of data that people might not take into account when initially considering software like this. If you want to use it properly, each and every little detail needs to be accounted for and when you have hundreds of SKUs like me, it can seem like a mountain. Climb it, you'll be glad you did.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 3/6/2020