ClockShark Reviews

About ClockShark

ClockShark is a cloud-based time tracking system that helps businesses in the construction and field service industries to manage their mobile workforces. Features include time and attendance tracking, employee scheduling,...

4.8

Browse ClockShark Reviews

1,897 of 1,897 reviews
Destyny
Destyny

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

We love ClockShark

I love ClockShark. We actually had ClockShark in 2019 and left for ADP in 2020… then came back 3 months later because nothing compares to ClockShark.

Pros

I love the customizable tasks, it allows me to run reports based upon locations. This helps us control costs

Cons

Wish it could accommodate different time zones. Use have two separate accounts since were in multiple time zones

Buffy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 7/8/2022

Second time Customer for a Reason!!

I had worked for another similar company and implemented the program there, upon starting with this new company I thought it was worth using again because my experience with ClockShark the first time was amazing. Customer service is unparalleled, if I get stuck I send a message and within minutes someone helps me!! They've even sent me videos explaining how to do things!

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the on-screen format make it less overwhelming than other software I've tried.
It is easy to present to employees and overall very user friendly.
The people that provide service are incredibly helpful and super friendly to me!! There is also no hard sell for anything, I'm hoping to grow the company and when I'm ready for the premium level I know it will be an easy switch but no one has ever tried to convince me I needed more than I have.

Cons

I would like there to be perhaps, a server for picture and video attachments as my techs like this feature the best, being able to upload information this way so that they have it for the future as well as the rest of the team to view. You can attach pictures but the videos have given us a bit of issue and the size of the file allowed is a bit restrictive.

Housecall Pro and ServiceTitan

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

HouseCall pro was #1 very expensive but it was also way overkill for what our needs were. We are a small company that does invoicing and bookkeeping through QB and I couldn't justify the price. Not to mention, after I cancelled they kept billing me hundreds of dollars and it was a challenge to get it back. Customer service not their #1 priority I guess! After this experience I didn't even want to take a chance with ServiceTitan so opted out after the sales call.
Jeremiah

Reviewed on 16/2/2022

Good for 1 job per day work sites, user friendly

User friendly for many things especially adding new jobs to the clock, but as I mentioned before, only good for one job per day shops. And, the base cost per month is put this at a rate much higher than similar programs, especially for small shops.

Pros

Easy to add jobs to the time clock. Job roster is easy to look over with "Hours worked" and "Hours Budgeted" readily available, no having running reports to bill customers.

Cons

Cannot edit employees while they are clocked in the system. Other programs will allow me to fix errors during the day, such as clocked into the wrong job in the morning or missed clocking in when they started working. Editing during the day while the error is fresh allows me to get a head start on payroll and being sure employees are paid for the work they do and that time is billed to the proper job. Base monthly costs put this program at a higher monthly cost than similar programs.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Jeremiah! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review, we truly appreciate it. The ability to edit an employee's time while they are clocked in is an excellent suggestion that I would be happy to pass along to our Product Development team. If you have any other ideas on how ClockShark can be improved, please submit them here: http://ideas.clockshark.com/

As for the cost of the monthly base fee, it goes to the following:
-5-star rated customer support when you need it
-Account implementation and maintenance
-Continuing tutorials and training
-Ongoing software updates and improvements
-And Unlimited data storage

If you have any further questions or comments, we'd be happy to hear them!

Replied 18/2/2022

Top ClockShark Alternatives

Alessandro
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 20/3/2024

Excellent Job Management Option

The entire job costing from the software brings a production that is resourceful and reliable.

Pros

ClockShark has a valuable option for cost estimation, and this increases productivity.

Cons

The inclusion of AI in managing expenses has made the application flawless.

Melinda
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 4/3/2022

I LOVE ClockShark!!!

Overall I've had a great experience from the start. I found ClockShark online when searching for a timekeeping platform and I researched several. ClockShark seemed like it had every feature I was looking for. When I reached out I was immediately called by a representative that was super sweet and informative. I loved even more that I was able to do a FREE TRIAL! I got to test it out for real, with my employees, and just as I expected we all loved it. So, I knew I had to look no further. You're guided by your own personal team member who's there by your side every step of the way that you can reach out to directly for support and they even randomly check in on you. I was able to do a screen share meeting once where they literally walked me through the site and physically showed me how to do things. It was great!
Plus, the website itself has very short, easy videos that you can watch and even have your employees watch to learn how to navigate the site. That is SO GREAT! The fact that they're short and sweet is very appealing because let's be honest, no employee wants to sit and watch a 30-minute video on how to use some new platform their boss is integrating into their daily routine.

Pros

I run a small business that is quickly growing, I handle everything myself from scheduling to payroll. It was becoming such an overwhelming job to keep track of every aspect of my business daily. ClockShark has taken such a weight off my shoulders! Not only does it have literally everything you can ever need to run a company efficiently, but it is also super user friendly!

Cons

Honestly, from using it so much I've found little things here and there that can be tweaked to make certain features even more user friendly, but for the most part, it's right on the money! I haven't come across a feature yet that I haven't liked at all.

Ronny

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

If you have anything more than 5 employees, you need ClockShark.

If you're going to ClockShark from a manual timesheet method, you don't realize how much you can truly save by going to ClockShark. Our favorite part of ClockShark is their team. They are VERY awesome to work with - You have NO idea how important they are to us not just from a technical standpoint, but from the standpoint of making our lives easier all around. They have yet to cease to amaze us in their customer service skills, down-to-earth attitudes, and technical skills. [insert Wayne and Garth bowing and saying "we're not worthy! we're not worthy"]

Pros

We've had other systems in the past. While they were great, ClockShark was the most affordable with the most features and support. Their team has never let us down. Additionally, they made the setup effortless.

Cons

The billing of ClockShark is just a little bit confusing when you're adding/removing employees from the system within a given year. It would me nice to show which users were added/removed when showing changes in billing. The use and need of an email address from each employee is limiting whereas if we needed to hire contract workers and log their hours, they would need to have an email address for logging in. This makes it difficult if you have the same person working for two companies using ClockShark.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Primarily looking for DCMA compliance, but also looking for a cheaper alternative to Tsheets.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

The amount of features for the affordable costs, along with the DCMA compliance and the sales and support. It was an all-around win-win situation honestly.
Molly

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

Great product

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

Pros

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

Cons

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

TSheets was not working back then on a mobile app and it was too complicated for our technicians.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We liked the fact that ClockShark would would seamlessly with QuickBooks and we did not need to change our software completely. It was also the right price point for us with the number of employees we had at the time.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Molly!

Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 28/7/2020
Jessica

Reviewed on 14/4/2020

Awesome Product for the Construction Industry

Overall I fee this product is wonderful! It has almost everything that we need for what we do in the Excavation, Demolition & Underground Utilities portion of the Construction industry that we are in. I looked and A LOT of different time keeping products and even used the free trials on a few... I am so happy that I ended up choosing this product in the end!

Pros

I like that this product was easy to set-up and my employees (who have had trouble with other timecard apps in the past) find it very easy to use and understand. I really like all of the customizations that I can do and the reports really help me see where my employee's time is being spent in greater detail. I love all of the different reports that can be accessed. This product definitely has great value for the money! It is exactly what we needed for our construction crews!!

Cons

Trying to figure out which report does what can be a little confusing. I think the better report descriptions and maybe a quick example to look at before choosing/downloading would be beneficial. While there is gps or geolocating, I would find it very useful to have the employees be able to clock in under one job, but have it notify me if they employee clocked in outside of that location for specific job tasks. For example, if I have an employee clocked in under job "A" as "driving" out the job, I know they are outside of the boundaries, however, when the switch tasks to "Laborer" I want to know if they are within a specific radius/boundary for that same job "A". Especially since my employees get paid significantly different between the two tasks... I would like to automatically be notified if they are where they say they are supposed to be for that task.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you LOVE that you can customize your reports and how easy it is to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 18/5/2020

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Almost perfect for a simple all in one solution

Pros

Easy to use. Clean and simple user interface. Reliable. Have not experienced server downtown whereas we have often with other apps. Employee schedule is very useful especially with being able to see the roster in the Y-axis and the week's days in the X-axis. Customer support is very helpful and fast at responding. Customer support really makes this company/software stand out.

Cons

Better project management features. For example, gantt charts, to-do lists, and template building. Managing job sites is also very difficult past a couple dozen. It would be amazing to bulk edit e.g. select multiple job sites and edit details such as Client information or group them together under a category/group/folder.

Connecteam and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

For simplicity. Team working in the field already had familiarity with clocking time on the mobile app.
Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2/4/2023

"Revolutionize Your Employee Time tracking with ClockShark Software:A Game-Changer for Your...

In my experience with ClockShark, it has proven to be a popular and efficient time-tracking software for companies that employ remote or mobile workers. The platform is equipped with a wide range of features such as clock-in and out, scheduling, time tracking, and project management tools that are very useful for managers. Additionally, ClockShark can be easily integrated with popular payroll and accounting software like QuickBooks, ADP, and Gusto. Users have reported a positive experience with the user-friendly interface, video tutorials, and knowledge base. However, some users have had challenges with the mobile app's GPS tracking and syncing data. The software also lacks invoicing capabilities, which may be an issue for some businesses. Despite these limitations, ClockShark remains a widely used and effective time-tracking software.

Pros

I can attest to the numerous impactful features that make it a popular choice. The mobile time tracking feature is particularly useful, allowing employees to track their time on the go using their mobile devices. I also appreciate the real-time reporting feature, which enables managers to access up-to-date information on employee time and attendance. Additionally, the vacation/leave tracking feature helps me manage employee time off requests and ensures adequate staffing.What I find most impressive are the product's user-friendly interface and straightforward navigation. ClockShark also provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful representatives available to assist with any questions or issues.Integration with existing business processes can vary depending on organizational needs. Nevertheless, ClockShark offers several integrations with popular software platforms like QuickBooks and ADP, which helps to streamline workflows and reduce data entry time.Overall, ClockShark is a comprehensive and dependable time-tracking solution that caters to businesses of all sizes.

Cons

In my experience, some common issues with ClockShark include difficulty with the mobile app, especially when it comes to GPS tracking and syncing data. The integration process can also be challenging, particularly with custom data mappings. Moreover, some users have reported that the software lacks invoicing capabilities, which can be a disadvantage for some businesses.

Jesus

Reviewed on 17/8/2022

So simple that its actually complicated

Overall it is well balanced and easy to use. Just be ready for some confusion when you start implementing it into the field.

Pros

The software is super easy to use and user-friendly, especially with the new Spanish language update.
Viewing reports is also very simple and well laid out.

Cons

It seems to be so simplistic that it's complicated for someone who has never used it before. Functions such as changing job tasks and clocking out are very easy to perform, but since they are so simple, many of our workers get confused about how to do them. The ease of use also limits the application in its functionality because of its simplicity.

Addie

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Robust time tracking software with lots of extra features

I am glad we switched to ClockShark. Their customer service is really responsive and you don't sit on hold for hours. They have a suggestion box for features users are interested in. Overall my experience has been great and when I hear other folks are looking for a time tracking solution I always recommend ClockShark.

Pros

This software ticked all the boxes I was looking for: time tracking with GPS location, GPS tracking while clocked in, a mobile app, crew clock-in, and kiosk ability, a web dashboard that's admin-friendly and easy to use, and the ability for me to reset passwords & fix access in-house instead of having to have my employee contact customer service on their own to do it. We don't even use all of the features of our pretty basic subscription so even at this very budget-friendly price point we have room to grow to before we'd even need to upgrade. I've heard about and looked at all of the project management features and tools and I'm excited to someday use those to their fullest potential enough to need to upgrade.

Cons

I wish I could duplicate time entries for some workers from week to week or day to day. For instance, I have one worker for who I enter things manually and it would be really handy to be able to make a time entry on Monday, save it and then duplicate it but change the date to Tuesday. I would also really like to mark or save the reports I run most frequently with my preferred settings/customizations. Also, a Spanish version of the software would be great.

geoeges
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 16/2/2023

SharkClock : A practical and fun application for shark lovers

ClockShark is an excellent tool for time management. The user interface is simple and easy to use, making it easy for employees to record their time. The software is also very reliable and provides accurate employee time data, which is very useful for overtime management, payroll and project management. In addition, advanced features such as geolocation and team scheduling allow for better resource management and communication. Finally, ClockShark's customer support is excellent and responds quickly to requests for assistance. I highly recommend ClockShark to any company looking to optimize time management.

Pros

HorlogeRequin is an online project management tool that has several advantages for users, including:Ease of use: HorlogeRequin is easy to use, even for people who do not have technical knowledge of project management. The user interface is intuitive and clear, making it easy to plan, organize and track projects.Collaboration features: ClockRequin allows team members to work together in real time, share files, communicate and track project progress. This facilitates collaboration and allows for more efficient teamwork.Project Tracking: ClockRequin offers powerful project tracking features that allow you to track deadlines, tasks, budgets and resources. This helps identify potential problems and ensure that the project is progressing as planned.Flexibility: ClockRequin is flexible and can be used for different types of projects, whether they are simple or complex. It can also be used by teams of different sizes and in different industries.Customer support: HorlogeRequin offers quality customer support, with a team of professionals dedicated to helping users solve problems and answer their questions.

Cons

ClockShark is a time tracking application for businesses that has significant benefits for managing work time, but it can also have some drawbacks for users. Here are some of the potential disadvantages of ClockShark:User interface: some users may find ClockShark's user interface a bit difficult to use and not very intuitive.Feature limitations: ClockShark may not be suitable for all businesses, especially those with advanced time and payroll needs.Cost: ClockShark's cost can be high for small businesses or freelancers who need basic time tracking functionality.Internet Dependency: Because ClockShark is a cloud-based application, users depend on a stable Internet connection to access the application and record their time, which can be problematic in some situations.

Donna

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Frustration with time & attendance for a small business

I use Clock Shark's time & attendance software for our hourly & salaried employees in the office & field (not commissioned sales personnel). My search for finding this software was a result of being frustrated from an administrative standpoint of dealing with the paper timesheet for many years. No matter what changes I would implement to make procedures more stream-lined, it was difficult to get the results I wanted. Over the course of several years, I had researched and found many time & attendance software systems which would accommodate our needs. However, the costs for the software and maintenance were not feasible for a company our size - small. In 2015 I finally found Clock Shark that met my criteria - affordable, intuitive for the end user, receive timesheets on time to meet payroll, and job-costed correctly 98% of the time. I also discovered that the bonus of this software app was it integrated with Quickbooks payroll and has the capability to GPS track. After a few weeks of test runs with the app last October, I implemented the software on Jan 1 of this year. While there were some minor hiccups at the transition to this new system (mostly user errors), overall it performed well and eliminated most of my administrative frustrations dealing with the timesheet. The by-product of transitioning to this system was that it held everyone accountable and lowered our payroll costs. Since implementing the software, it has made my life easier for payroll and job costing purposes. The other unseen benefit is the ability to check on where your employees are or what they are working on while you are out of the office anywhere in the world that has internet service. It proved to work well when I traveled to Europe this summer. Even though we have a good staff and trust them, I was curious to see what would happen while I was out of town. I quit looking after a few days when I realized everyone was being held accountable to the time & attendance software. And even if I never did look, I had the ability to look at the time clock punch entries at a later time if something was questionable. I'm getting close to a year of using this software app, and overall it has taken away a lot of frustration I was experiencing with timesheets. I've been very happy with Clock Shark overall.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, job cost tracking

Leslie

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

Straightforward time clock software with easy-to-use app

Saves us money and streamlined our timesheet process, plus integrates with our accounting/payroll software for more specificity in job costing.

Pros

It integrates with Quickbooks! It saves us a lot of staff hours to not have to manually enter time on each employee each week. This is especially true since we have to tie nearly all staff hours directly to the customer and job they were working on, which often is multiple jobs per employee per day. The app is easy to use, so our crew leaders are able to make sure their crew clocks in and out on the job, even when they're on the go and running from one job to another.

Cons

It took a little while to get everything set up just right so that ClockShark would work with all of our other systems and processes, but customer service was helpful and responsive through the process. Once we got it set up right, it's been smooth sailing. Definitely saves us money overall and helps us keep job costing reports accurate since all staff hours can be tied directly to the job they were working on.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Leslie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! Glad to hear everything is going so well, and that you're saving time and money using automated time tracking w/ QuickBooks!

We'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Customer Success team. They'll appreciate your shout out, and of course, they're always happy to help if you need them. :)

Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Leslie! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Replied 17/4/2018
Keiko

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

Pro Co Painting - ClockShark Review

AMAZING! The software is incredible and so is their customer support. If there is ever any new features, questions or changes a team member from ClockShark is readily available to describe and help. The software is reliable, user friendly and affordable. We love ClockShark and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a scheduling or time tracking software.

Pros

Our favourite part about the software is the scheduling app and time tracking. We use it for all of our employees to ensure they know their schedules, where their job sites and that they get paid properly.

Cons

ClockShark is continuously improving, there is nothing I dislike about ClockShark.

VeriClock

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Need of a better scheduling app

Overall product offerings

Response from ClockShark

Hi Keiko!

Thank you so much for the glowing 5-star review! I'm happy to know the scheduling, timetracking and customer support have been so helpful. It's always a pleasure seeing your name in these reviews, it means we're doing something right. Thank you for your continued support, we appreciate you and your company to the max!

Replied 11/11/2020
Cliff
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

Time Cards to Digital

The CONS mentioned above are mostly inconveniences, therefore our overall experience has been positive and that I foresee continuing to use the ClockShark system moving forward.

Pros

Who's working and immediate recognition of hours completed is Great! The ability for me to visit Vendors, Suppliers or Customers and still know what staff has arrived and when they arrived is extremely helpful.

Our weekly time sheet tabulation has been reduced by several hours. We also have some employees that are hired from a Temp Agency and ClockShark has simplified our weekly reporting to them.

Cons

Transitioning from the traditional time card system into ClockShark was a little more challenging that originally anticipated, but after a month of utilization our Staff are adopting and adapting.

It would be nice to have the flexibility to rename some activities, such as "Lunch" versus "Break". Our 30 minute lunch breaks are unpaid, while our 10 minute morning and afternoon breaks are paid. Staff inadvertently selects the wrong one which causes downstream work for Admin personnel.

We've chosen not to utilize the "Mobile" function as all of our hourly employees must report to the plant. It would be nice to deactivate the "Clock In" and "Clock Out" feature, but they do appreciate the ability to see schedules and other features.

I'm still unsure about ClockShark's billing. Our hourly staff turnover is relatively high and getting charged for a month of services for a person who left after three days seems costly. I've yet to contact ClockShark but in the past they have been very good to work with, so I'm hopeful there is a workaround that I'm not aware of as of yet.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Cliff!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! I'm happy to hear that the Who's working now page is helpful and we're saving you more time to dedicate to your business!

That is great feedback and I would be happy to let our product team know of your suggestions! If you run into any issues please reach out to Support at 1-800-828-0689 (or chat/email in) and we can help smooth over any inconveniences you run into! Thank you again for your review!

Replied 10/12/2020
Haley

Reviewed on 16/8/2018

Love it!

I love Clockshark. They are always on top of their customer service and I feel cared for and valued as a customer any time I come to them with any questions or concerns whatsoever. I have never seen this level of customer support from any other company, which only reinforces our decision to go with them in the first place! It was exactly what we needed and were looking for!

Pros

I love this software because it consolidates the time/payroll keeping process. It simplifies something that can get really overwhelming and helps us to keep a closer eye on what jobs to bill for labor! It's awesome. We love it.

Cons

The only thing about it is the phone app - I would like to see some upgrades to the app! It looks different on the Boss's phone and both of our employees phones too. For younger folks who grew up in the technological world it seems simple, but for someone who did not it can get confusing. I would just like to see the phone app streamlined a little bit!

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Haley! I'm kind of a numbers nerd, and I counted that you used the word "love" 4x in your review. We LOVE to hear that! So glad to know that ClockShark keeps things from getting overwhelming, and allows you to better track hours and keep billing accurate. We work hard so that you will love ClockShark, and we're mega glad that you do.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the mobile app. Our development team is sprucing up the experience in the app, so you should see some streamlined features soon that make using it even easier. :)

We're really thrilled to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Haley! I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation to the Customer Success team. Never be shy about reaching out to them with questions, or if you just want to talk to the friendliest sharks in the world.

Have a great weekend, Haley!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Replied 17/8/2018
Andrei

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

Not bad, could be better

We're just discovering the possibilities the software has to offer. Using it for merely one month just to have some control on our window fitters whereabouts and labour hours.
We're now trying to see if we can use the reports feature to help us make lists with the notes (including pictures) about various issues encountered on sites or job completion reports (also with pictures included) - we wouldn't like to use a different software for this. We used one in the past but it didn't have the timesheet feature. Hope we can use the Shark for both operations.

Pros

Can see where our window fitters are working during the play day.

Cons

The tracking (play button) is randomly active for random workers, so it is hard to approve some timesheets because they might clock in or out in different places than the actual building site where they are supposed to do it. So they can cheat on working hours and get away with it. :P

Response from ClockShark

Hi Andrei!

I appreciate the thorough and positive review! Happy to hear you're able to track your guys on the field better now.

For the GPSTrak icon-- I would definately reach out to the Support team! This is typically a very simple settings fix. You can chat in, email or give them a call at 1-800-828-0689.

The two week trial tends to be enough time for most of our customers, however if you think you need more time when in your trial, we can connect you to your onboarding specialist and they can demo the product based off your companies needs to show you the features you might find most useful. We also don't mind extending the trial in special cases :) Feel free to reach us anytime-- we're here to help!

Replied 5/10/2020
Tara

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Good Construction Time Clock, easy to use with great customer support.

Everyone can clock in/out from their own phones and since there is GPS you can see exactly where they are when they do to prevent fraud. This software makes it easier than using traditional time clocks or paper since employees are always going to different job sites with construction.

Pros

I like the app and how easy it is to use for all employees. They are always making updates and now you can link. ClockShark to QuickBooks. The customer support is great, it's very easy to start an online chat and get help. I think it is easy for most people to learn and the admin features are not complicated either. The price is also lower than most that I have researched!

Cons

The app does not run as well on older phones, it used to sometimes have issues allowing employees to clock in or out that had phones that were more than a few years old.

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Tara! Thanks for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! We're really happy to hear that ClockShark is easy to use for your team, and that the QuickBooks integration has been helpful too! We're always adding new features, so we'll keep you updated on those!

Glad to have you on board the ClockShark team, Tara! If you ever have any questions, suggestions, or you just want to chat with sociable sharks, feel free to reach out! Have an excellent week!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Replied 10/8/2018
Justin

Reviewed on 1/1/2018

Clockshark has taken the paper waste and time out of our payroll and streamlined the whole...

Easy hours and job tracking for the whole company. Billing has been streamlined and insurance needs are easy to assess. Payroll is now easy to verify and check periodically. This software has also greatly increased our flexibility as employees can go straight to the job site and clock in on their device.

Pros

Being able to track each employee digitally is huge, but the biggest issue for our company is the accountibility to track each hour to a specific job which in turn saves us thousands annually in insurance costs. With ClockShark we are able to track who worked what job and when, which allows us to only pay insurance premiums when we actually use and need it versus being charged for the year in the most expensive bracket they can put us in.

Cons

Not being able to turn off the GPS tracking from the administrative side of it. The GPS tracking function is helpful at times, but if always left on it drains the device battery nearly instantly. To circumvent this, every one of our employees must go into their settings and specifically disable the GPS for it on their phones. Our less than tech savey employees have struggled with this.

Response from ClockShark

Hey there, Justin :)

By George, that's great to hear that using ClockShark has resulted in instant savings and accountability for your company. You might be one of our first customers who's shared the impact using ClockShark has had on insurance payments. Saving thousands annually: how fantastic! Keep us in the loop on all good things you keep noticing.

And that's a great observation about the GPS. In each employee's profile in ClockShark, you can disable the requirement for GPS Trak and GPS Location Services, but employees should also disable it in their device. Where to do that in a device isn't always readily clear, so if any of your employees need help finding that, feel free to let us know. Our customer success team is always ready to help. :)

Payroll, billing, hours-tracking: thanks for sharing all the things ClockShark has helped out with, Justin. Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team. Have an excellent rest of you day!

Replied 23/1/2018
Kaity

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Wonderful!

Pros

This software is so easy to use! Trying to implement a new 'time sheet' process with sub contractors and employees can be incredibly difficult when they're used to doing something completely different. ClockShark has been a dream to implement and use. It has made my job processing payroll a hundred times easier. The schedule feature has made running our jobs smooth and easy to follow. We are really enjoying using the software!

Cons

The only issue we have had is miscommunications with support due to being charged for each 'employee'. Now that we understand completely all is well. We use sub contractors for the majority of our jobs, they do not use this software, but because we love the scheduling feature we had to enter each of our subs as an employee to be able to utilize them on the schedule- but only for our records. That was an issue for us, being charged for people to NOT use the software. However- it makes everything easier to be able to use the scheduling function that it is worth paying to be able to input our subs into the schedule.

QuickBooks Time and Buildertrend

Response from ClockShark

Hi Kaity,

Thank you for the review! So glad to hear that ClockShark has made your job easier and you are enjoying the many features we have to offer. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 29/6/2020
Don
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

ClockSharp offers outstanding results and benefits for our company

Since we began with ClockShark we have realized improved employee performance and reduced lost employee time. We use the program to monitor time on task to improve billing and invoicing for services

Pros

ClockShark is very easy to use and makes training new employees simple. We appreciate the fact out employees have multiple options to access the program in office and in the field. We also are highly impressed with the customer services ClockShark offers us. Their staff are highly skilled and provide immediate service when we have needed technical information and assistance with the program.

Cons

Honestly, we have very little to say negatively about ClockShark and their service. We have used other software to manage our employee timesheets and we have been highly satisfied with their program and services over others we used in the past. We doubt we will make any changes in the future.

Kelly

Reviewed on 9/2/2022

Kelly Strunk

The benefits that I have seen so far would be that we can export info from quickbooks to clockshark to keepsus organizated and on task

Pros

I have little knowledge in using clockshark with our company, but from what i have noticed it is very easy to navigate through and it helps keep all of our projects and employees on task for what needs to be accomplished

Cons

I haven't found anything I dislike I just wish I was more knowledgeable with the software to use this product at its full potential

Alana
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

Great software for running a business!

So far our experience with ClockShark has been great and we are continuing to grow and learn with the software. We are very new at using ClockShark but so far it has saved me a lot of time in regards to calculating payroll hours and tracking employee clock in and out times. The schedule also works great for us as we have multiple employees working at multiple warehouses. Overall it's been a great experience and customer service with ClockShark is always on point. Their team members are helpful and quick to answer any issues. I love the chat option available on ClockShark, you get immediate responses instead of having to call or email someone. (Great feature!)

Pros

This software is very easy to use and adjust to. It didn't take much time at all to get all of our employees set up with the ClockShark app and so far it has been a great experience and saving us lots of time with tracking employee hours.

Cons

Sometimes I notice the app will glitch a bit. For example, when I check to see Who's working now option under the app, it does not always show me the employees at their location even though they clocked in on time. I have tried syncing and then checking again, but same issue. When logged onto ClockShark on my desktop computer, I have no issues at all. Overall the app works great.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Alana,

Thanks for the review! Happy to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use, and has saved you lots of time. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 5/6/2020