About Copper

Copper is an easy-to-use CRM for small and medium-sized businesses that need a better way to manage leads & grow customer relationships. If you don't have time for data entry, tedious admin tasks, or overly complex tools, Copper...

4.1
4.1

Browse Copper Reviews

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Great CRM for Gmail users

Pros

It works as a plug-in for Gmail. That sounds odd at first, but it actually works great assuming most of your sales activity happens by email - because you can add contacts, companies and opportunities (and access all email history with those contacts) with just a few clicks.

Cons

The sidebar takes up too much space when working on a laptop with a small screen (so I turn it off).

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Recommendation of a friend.

Trello

Gmail integration

Response from Copper

Love this feedback, Andrew. Really helpful for us as we continue to evolve the product. Thanks!

Replied 3/3/2020
Jaimee

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Copper

Copper has cut down dramatically on administration data entry try which allows for our staff to communicate with our prospects more frequently, which in return is bringing in more business for the company.

Pros

Copper has helped our company tremendously in regarding to time spent updating our CRM systems. We use to have to add all emails to the system, Copper automatically adds all the emails which has cut down on our administration time dramatically. It will also pull contact information for the internet, which also helps cut down time so the time can be spent elsewhere. Another favorite feature is being able to view the contact file in gmail when an email from that specific person comes in.

Cons

We wish that when adding notes into copper, there was more flexibility in regards to changing the color of the font or being able to highlight something within the note. Also, sometimes we have an individual in the system with more than one company but Copper doesn't allow you to add duplicate emails to multiple files.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

If you have ever used ACT, you will understand why.

Act!

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the feedback, Jaimee!

Replied 26/2/2020
Denese Kyle

Reviewed on 16/2/2023

Using Copper as a Real Estate EA

Awesome!

Pros

I like that we can access the software via mobile device and easily navigate. We have an option to customize contact type, details or information as needed. We can filter our leads and track them in a pipeline. We even have an option to export our data and easily track them in a sheet. The UI is very friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Setting up drip campaigns, sequence emails can be quite difficult for beginners. At first, the integrations confused me but the customer support representatives are very attentive and helpful.

Zoho CRM, Pipedrive and HubSpot CRM

Top Copper Alternatives

Greg

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Too Glitchy and Poor Support.

Let me be clear, this product has great potential, and is almost good enough. But after multiple bad experiences with support, and an apparently stagnated development calendar, and very serious glitches, I suggest people stay away for a few years till this software can grow up a little.

Pros

What I like is the idea. This should be a great software. But the key features it lacks and the DISMAL support team make it not worth the money.

Cons

1. Support is terrible. They use zendesk for their support and the people reading the support tickets seem to struggle with helping. Here are a few examples:

a: We changed our domain name. All we needed to do was update our usernames to have the new domain on them. THEY COULD NOT DO THIS. I had to request this change - literally just updating our email addresses - 3 TIMES before somebody finally said it could be done. The first two people just said that it was impossible. The third person said it was do-able but it required adding additional users, and deleting old users, which unassigned all the work.

Is it that hard to update a database?

b. When one user made changes to the opportunity stages, we lost several opportunities even though the software claimed that opportunities would just be moved to adjacent stages. What's the point of sales software that loses track of opportunities?? When I reached out to support they said: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to recover any deleted records in your account if this is already been accidentally or intentionally deleted by someone. [in other words, this is all your fault, not ours] We recommend exporting your opportunities/records weekly so you have a fresh back up when you need." Again, what's the point of using your software if we are supposed to keep the data on our side and normal use of your software causes it to break? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

2. Reporting is totally sales focused and doesn't help at all with regular task and project management. There is no way to see which team members are doing their work, or to generate reports on average time spent on tasks. Some valuable KPI data is not available in the sales related reports, either. Like how about we get a report to show the average time to close a lead? There is so much valuable data that we simply can't access.

3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design.

Dulce
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

Amazing CRM!

Overall very happy with this software. Didn’t need any training at all as it’s very intuitive and easy to work with.

Pros

It is very user friendly, loads quickly and can be used on the go. I love that there’s an app that works smoothly on my iPhone and iPad. This makes us super easy to work on the go or to be able to access info when away from the office. I also love the copper extension that allows me to see if my clients have opened up our emails (it lists each date and time it was opened)

Cons

The only issue I have is that the Copper extension (not the software itself) sometimes marks an email as being read if I open it to link it to an opportunity. Not a big deal, I can usually rule out the “read” notification right after the email was sent because I know it was me. Any other reads are ones our customers triggered when they opened the email.
I also wish that the mobile app allowed you to view the customers numbers without having to select the “phone” or “call” option.

Robert
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

Not the standard CRM / Project Tracking

We use Copper to manager our existing customers. We do not add new customers often, just account management really. We also use it to track commercial projects. It's two completely different uses. We use Opportunities as commercial projects. It would be nice if People/Companies could be segmented as different types with different visible fields. We group a lot of fields and have to toggle open/close based on the type of person being entered.

Pros

Our company uses the Google Suite of apps so integration with our current setup was extremely easy. We had a single implementation person assigned to our account and she was extremely helpful and responsive. Also the customization options were very useful.

Cons

The canned reports were not useful to us. We had to build our own through Google Analytics. However the Copper team have recently been upgrading their reports, with the ability to create custom reports now. It's much better.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Copper

The integration with Google is what sold it to us.
Richard

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Copper CRM is Way Better than other CRM software I've tried -- and I've tried many.

With me now using Copper CRM, I've found that I can make about 20% more connections during a day because the software is so logically laid out and easy to use. It keeps all the information I need right where it would logically be located. So Copper has saved me time and made me more productive -- and it surprised me.

Pros

Copper is well designed, and very easy to use. It is logical and well laid out. I've tested 7 other products before Copper and they all were too cumbersome and hard to run.

Cons

I don't like having to retype the same address information into the program for a "Person" who I am Adding to a Company that already has that address information in it. There should be a pop-up that asks "Use same address as "Company Name?"

Allison

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Copper - CRM

Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish.
You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

Ramiro

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Operations Coordinator Opinion

We had a very good experience but we quit using it because of the price. It was too much for our needs. Though the features were amazing to have.

Pros

The integration with gmail is great. In our company we use google accounts, so using Copper extension; the CRM automatically update your contacts with the emails you send. It is very easy to maintain the leads updated.

Cons

The pricing was quite expensive. The basic plan is not good enough so you need at least the mid tier plan which may be expensive if you don't want to expend too much money. Sometimes they have discounts but they only last a few months.

Eric

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

Fabulous CRM product for Gmail users

Easy to trial product. Sales support team was very helpful. Not too pushy.
Software has exceed my expectations.

Pros

Easy to set up and use, great UI. The tight integration with Gmail is really the killer feature for us.

Cons

If you accidentally delete records they cannot be recovered. Not good if you accidentally delete all your contacts and have not done a manual back up ..

bob
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

Extremely Limited

Tried PW for my insurance biz. It was a total waste of time. It took 20+ hours to set up for my business and did very little to help organize contacts/meetings/notes as I required. Also needed to be able to filter/search for data.

Overall, it lacked customization.

Wanted to add custom fields like birthdates. This proved impossible, as the date field required input via pop up calendar, so you'd have to click through every month to get back to January 1 1965. I talked to their support people for a total of 3 hours and the conclusion of it all was "the software can't do that and we're not going to implement that unless a ton of people ask for it." That should have been a red flag because it just got worse.

Importing data is super annoying. If you have a google sheet you want to import, you have to download it as a CSV then re-upload it, and hope the fields match up. It also adds a bunch of tags to crap that makes a huge data mess you end up wasting hours to fix.

The dashboard is a total waste of space. There is no useful information. The People section is basically a glorified Excel spread sheet. When you export your data it grabs the fields, but leaves all of the activity notes behind, so you cannot back those

Custom filters are another massive failure. If you want to filter by X but exclude everyone who already has Y, it's impossible. I think an undergrad designed this system because it lacks advanced features severely.

If you want to set up a daily to-do queue, forget it. You might as well use paper checklist or a spreadsheet.

Another major problem is that it will pull info out of your google contacts and if you check the box for Sync with Contacts, it will completely destroy your hardwork in contacts. It deletes data out of fields, such as addresses and phone numbers. You have to pay for another software called Pieworks to fix that, but it's also terrible. A simple basic feature that should be included is not, and you have to pay yet another monthly sub for something really stupid that should be there.

It has an app for android, and it was convenient when out of the office. You can pull up the contact and if you just had a meeting with them, dictate the notes into logging a meeting. If you need to call them, just tap their phone number, and at the end of the call PW is already logging your call, just enter the notes about topics of discussion. However, the app needs improvement in terms of the dashboard, such as calendar and to do list like a call queue or other service tasks.

You have to submit tickets for every little thing. It's extremely annoying and waste of your time.

I decided to cancel this, pulled all of my data out of PW and set it up in a spreadsheet. PW is barely more than a spreadsheet with a pretty interface. It's not worth the money. You might as well use something free -- or spend the money and get a real CRM with all the features you really need.
They will not let you cancel. There is no place to remove your billing information or cancel your plan. You have to submit a ticket and hope they answer it, but more likely, they'll ignore it because they are a greedy company that ignores the requests users make on their website for changes.

They claim they are the CRM google uses, but that's not true. This is a very immature piece of software that cannot handle a serious business with specialized needs. They may have partnered with

Pros

Interface is OK but needs improvement. The app was convenient, but needs a better dashboard.

Cons

High cost, lack of customization and features. Have to submit tickets for any help. Lack of training videos.

Marc-Antoine
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 16/8/2021

Copper is a great tool for sales, contacts and tasks management

Copper is defenitely a very powerful tool when it comes down to sales and task management. It is easy and instinctive to use!

Pros

As a booking agent and as an artist manager, the 2 things that I enjoy the most with Copper are the Task Manager and the Contact List features.

It goes without saying that the contact list manager is a very powerful tool. It is easy to use: whether you just want to browse through the contacts, uplaod/add new clients or even if you need to find a "needle in a haystack". All the filters that you can apply in a research are super helpful!

The task Manager is also one of the main feature that I use on a daily basis. I find it super easy and convinient to set up remainders and follow ups. It is also very useful when it comes down to dedicate tasks to colleagues (without having to talk to them, because you can be very clear using the "details" section).

Cons

I think probably the biggest issue I have with Copper is that we are all francophones at Doze Agency. Because the version of the software we are using is in English, we sometimes have problems with some "list management". We sometimes have to use some special caracters in French (for exemple: "é", "è", "à", etc.). Maybe a French version of the software is not an option, but a cool feature would be that the software could associate special caracters like "é" to the letter "e" or a caracter like "à" to the letter "a". I know it may sound strange to some, and I don't know to what extent there are other french speaking users of the software, but it would defenitely be a great plus!

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 13/8/2021

Copper for Small Business

I like Copper, it is easy to use and integrated with Gmail. Cloud base allows use any place in the world. Accounts and analysts (people who do nothing but watch what I do) love looking at my copper but hate putting information in system.

Pros

1. Organizes leads, people, and anything for sales.
2. sends reminder emails about presentation or phone call.
3. cloud based, can be done anywhere
4. Task managment
5. easy input with enough infomration on clients. Sometimes find info on leads online.

Cons

1. Can't same attachments for emails.
2. Does not integrate with LinkedIn (App for LinkedIn mixing is terrible).
3. Not enough time to use because focoused on other things for small busines.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

IT person at company wanted to switch.

QuickBooks Time
Drew
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Company was growing and needed a better CRM

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Gmail integration and cost.

Response from Copper

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Replied 19/9/2019
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work.

Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Josh

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

A great CRM for a small to mid-sized company

Copper has been a great experience overall. Their Customer Success Managers are the most helpful, prompt and friendly people whenever there's a hiccup with Copper. The price per user is a bit expensive

Pros

What I like most about Copper is its built-in connectivity to all things Google. Auto-logging calendared events, easily adding files to records from our Google Drive, using the Copper add-on to easily push data out to Google Sheets and then Google Data Studio...it's great.

Cons

I believe Copper needs to focus on tightening up existing features before rolling out new features to compete with other platforms. There's a delicate balance between building new things and maintaining what already exists and I feel that sometimes their focus is too dedicated towards building new.

Connor
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 2/7/2020

Flexiable and Easy to Use

We've been able to create multiple ticketeing systems and pipelines to track ROI on new promotions and programs.

Pros

The flexibility the software offers through customization and its automated workflows make both your job as an admin, and your everyday user's lives so much easier. It's also so incredibly easy to learn even on the higher technical end it isn't challenging.

Cons

A number of the support articles are very outdated, especially in regards to the various integrations you can make, but reaching out to support usually fixes this.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

The old program was just not cutting it. It wasn't mobile-friendly or as customizable as Copper.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Customization, ease of use, and price
Maria

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

Not that Great

This is sold as limiting data entry, and it does a little. Maybe more once we get very familiar and are not trying to back track so that we can just use one system and not two while we get the other set up. I have to say that the OnBoarding that they provide is very good, and I like that they are able to provide that. I think some of the pitfalls are simply because it is web hosted and that comes with its own assortment of issues.

Pros

I like that I (theoretically) can see emails that were sent to a client even if I was not included, it makes it more helpful when I am trying to find information, or figure out what the status of a client is. The automated tasks are useful if you do them right.

Cons

It is constantly syncing and if you are a fast typer it will delete what you have written while it was syncing sometimes. That is incredibly frustrating. It's also not a totally intuitive system, it is obviously still in its early stages and therefore a little clunky. Also, if you are not an admin you have basically no power to add things that you might need in a sort of random situation. I have to go to my admin all the time to add things that I need, and maybe it is only for one client, but I need that field or option or automated task and I am not allowed to add it myself. You are unable to view more than one client in the small side bar of an "opportunity", and you are unable to see their names when just looking at the opportunity. Also the terms that they use are very salesy, and not very customizable or people oriented. The customization of how you view things also seems very limited. I like being able to view all my contacts by last name, that isn't really easily possible with this. It's just an adjustment but it would be a lot better for me if it was not something that I had to adjust to. It is web hosted so if you are not somewhere with wifi or data you can't access anything.

• Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

OK but Deceptive Contract/Billing Terms

Overall experience was OK until we needed more robust marketing automation, which Copper just couldn't do. Our biggest issue was with their deceptive and poorly worded TOS. They try to require you to cancel 30 days IN ADVANCE of the renewal date, but send no notification of that at that point, nor do the poorly written terms clearly state that. We attempted to cancel prior to the renewal date and were told it was too late. Find me another SaaS product that attempts to require 30-day advance notice of cancellation. Extremely poor customer service in this respect. They are not to be trusted and we would never recommend Copper to anyone.

Pros

The GMail integration provided an effective way to manage and track interactions

Cons

There is virtually not internal reporting functionality or ability to drill down within the available reports to understand what's happening.

Pipedrive

GMail Integration
Jonathan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

Small business owner review of Copper/Prosperworks after using it one year

In general we like it. It does the basics, database of people and companies with contact info, notes, email tracking, bulk email sending. As I said we don't use the sales bits or the pipeline functionality (pipelines are tasks made up of a series of steps which can be assigned). We just use it as a basic CRM. It works with Google Contacts, GMail and Calendar so you become a Google baby. You do have to pay for G Suite, it allows you to use your own domain and emails which is fine. We looked at a lot of CRMs (both free and expensive) and found this worked very well for the price. They still lack a few odd little things though, no birthdays (although you can do that through Google Contacts + Calendar) and it default sort people by their first names. We upgraded to the medium version so we could add lots of user columns to people. Two thumbs up.

Pros

Relatively inexpensive.
Straight forward to use.
Customer support is excellent.
It has extensions to a good pool of add-ons.
It uses pre-existing things like Google Calendar rather than re-inventing them.

Cons

It sits on Google's G Suite so you have to buy that also.
It has extensions to things you have to pay for (versus free ones).
Has some quirks (below).
Has a lot of sales stuff (projections, staff etc) we do not need.

Julia

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

Loved my experience

Copper was easy to use and get started with. Customer service was not good. Lots of minor feature additions would've made a big impact, but we also didn't get much support so many we just weren't optimizing the product.

Pros

Copper was easy to use and get started with. It was great having it as a way to manage accounts and coordinate across my team and major step up from our previous tool.

Mehdi

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Cooper aka Prosperworks is Love

Im using it daily for 10-12h, if they would improve their mobile version and implement a dark mode, so that i don’t get blind i would be gassed.

Pros

Without Copper i would be loosing so much hair, that i would be bald of the amount of stress consumption i get to account all my Leads & Opportunities.

Cons

nothing

Response from Copper

Preventing Mehdi from hair loss since 2017.

Looking to keep it that way for you for years to come!

Replied 21/2/2020
Nicco

Reviewed on 2/2/2022

Daily Copper user

Great very user friendly. Love the phone all and also the integration with mail chimp

Pros

I love that I can integrate with google and a lot of other 3rd part apps.
Also having the cell phone app is key

Cons

I have not run into a lot of issues using copper

Zoho CRM

not integrable with he new 3rd parry apps we started to use and the cost

pricing and functions
Robert

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Great for Google Integration

Good, when I have asked for "support" they have gotten back to me quickly.

Pros

If Google is your email service then Copper is the best CRM System.

Cons

Tagging cross contacts. I have investors and borrowers, and the ability to take what my investor says on the file and cross it over to the borrower's file would be nine.

Cost at the time
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 7/3/2021

Not your best option

Below average, I honestly see very little value in the product and it doesn't scale well with a business at all.

Pros

At the entry-level it is fairly affordable and had decent basic functionality. If a single user or small team has limited knowledge or need for in-depth information and dashboards it provides insight into just the essentials.

Cons

As you start to need a few users/seats, Copper quickly becomes about the same cost as a more powerful CRM like HubSpot, which provides a good free version as a starting point.
The functionality is very limited and doesn't provide much use beyond sales, meaning that extra logins for leadership to view and not use are not included so you would have to add additional paid seats or share credentials. This typically results in asking questions instead of a quick login and review of key metrics.
The reporting and dashboard view is also quite limited and you have to keep upgrading plans to access what should be standard features. This is what now puts you at a price point the same as HubSpot but you're left with a sub-par CRM and no cross-over or cross-functionality in the platform with marketing/service