Copper Reviews

About Copper

Copper is an easy-to-use CRM for small and medium-sized businesses that need a better way to manage leads & grow customer relationships. If you don't have time for data entry, tedious admin tasks, or overly complex tools, Copper...

4.1
4.1

Browse Copper Reviews

Alirio Rubén
Alirio Rubén

Reviewed on 14/7/2018

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.

Pros

Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department.

It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool.

Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the solution presented by this software, to the point of not having found ourselves before anything we want to do and can not do it in the tool.

Although it is intuitive, it can be a bit confusing to use in the first few changes. Then, everything flows with a lot of precision and speed. The main reason for this situation is the large number of options and configurations that can be made in Prosperwork.

Robert
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

Not the standard CRM / Project Tracking

We use Copper to manager our existing customers. We do not add new customers often, just account management really. We also use it to track commercial projects. It's two completely different uses. We use Opportunities as commercial projects. It would be nice if People/Companies could be segmented as different types with different visible fields. We group a lot of fields and have to toggle open/close based on the type of person being entered.

Pros

Our company uses the Google Suite of apps so integration with our current setup was extremely easy. We had a single implementation person assigned to our account and she was extremely helpful and responsive. Also the customization options were very useful.

Cons

The canned reports were not useful to us. We had to build our own through Google Analytics. However the Copper team have recently been upgrading their reports, with the ability to create custom reports now. It's much better.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Copper

The integration with Google is what sold it to us.
Bronwyn

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Copper Has Failed

A CRM is a great thing, but Copper has not delivered! The software is unreliable, the customer service has fallen short. What we were promised is not what we have received. It is too bad, because I love a lot of the features.

Pros

It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Good customization. Phone App. Copper integrates with all things Google.

Cons

The Software isn't solid!
In a matter of 6 weeks the CRM has had 2 major malfunctions, called "bugs" according to Copper support staff.
1)People Records Malfunction - I am the admin of this software and the person responsible for uploading 28 years of Legacy Data (all of our customer records). In attempting to update some of the outdated contact info changing phone numbers and addresses, emails etc. which I populated into Copper from various spreadsheets, work order lists, Quick Book records, and email contact lists. The "People" records began to malfunction; phone numbers literally began jumping around. Example, I would open someone's customer's record and another customers number would populate, I would end up calling the wrong customer. Copper engineers have been "working" on this for a month, still no fix.
2.) Opportunity Pipeline Malfunction - Imports are mapping to the wrong Pipeline. I have hundreds of business opportunity records, Google sheet based spreadsheets, that I am attempting to import (bulk) thousands of cells of data to the CRM, despite properly mapping the import (correct methods on my part) this crucial business information imports to the wrong pipeline & tons of data is lost in the process. This is huge, if you can't import and map your customers spreadsheet records (bulk) you have to hand enter each record. What should take 5 mins will take days/weeks/months! This has been going on for over a week now, and no one at Copper seems to care.

Response from Copper

Thank you for the honest review, Bronwyn. This is beyond helpful and we'll be taking your feedback to the team and look into improving where we were unable to provide a stellar user experience for you.

Replied 19/9/2019

Top Copper Alternatives

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 12/8/2021

I really like Copper

For us it all hinges on Opportunity tracking - which we modified into a "start-to-finish/inquiry-to-money-collected" tracker. We don't use the project management or task management.

Pros

The Google integration and drag and drop pipelines/stages are what sold me. It didn't take long to learn and start modifying it for our activity/information needs. The mobile version is more than adequate and the whole UI is well done.

Like all good software, I'm sure there are features and shortcuts we don't use enough, but basically, it is more than suited for what we use it for; Customer information and job process tracking.

Cons

These cost more money - via upgrade; Mailchimp integration, adding many custom fields, and better than limited reporting. We run the Basic version.

Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

It was the best UI, Google integrated, flexible one of what we looked at.
Allison

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Copper - CRM

Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish.
You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

Sam
Sam
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

Basic CRM, looking for automated workflows, look elsewhere!

Copper is our CRM and is only used for our sales team. Our products are a mobile app and website that generate leads that go into Copper in which our sales team is able to qualify and view all communication with prospects and move them along the appropriate pipeline.

One of the main problems that Copper solves for us is integrating with Slack and their mobile app to update us real-time of new leads. Also, a nice feature of Copper is their integration with G Suite (since Copper is a Google Product), that keeps track of all communication with each prospect.

From a more technical perspective, Copper has a quite robust API that allows us to connect our mobile app attribution platform, Slack, PostgresSQL, and chatbot Intercom.

Pros

One of the main benefits of Copper is real-time reports. We are able to breakdown won and lost revenue amongst our sales team and also account for projected sales revenue based on the opportunities in the pipeline and the expected close rate of those opportunities.

Copper has automated actions that allow us to move prospects through pipelines effectively. We set automated reminders and tasks for opportunities based on their pipeline and stage within the pipeline. These reminders and tasks are also emailed and sent as a push notification to each respective lead owner.Copper has automated actions that allow us to move prospects through pipelines effectively. We set automated reminders and tasks for opportunities based on their pipeline and stage within the pipeline. These reminders and tasks are also emailed and sent as a push notification to each respective lead owner.

We are a big fan of the Copper newsletters. They provide a clear roadmap of what to expect from them from a product development standpoint and what to expect next. Their emails are easy to digest, and optimized for mobile. Also, they ask for user input that has been integrated into their roadmap.

Cons

While Copper has a quite robust API, they do not have any webhook receiver URLs. In order to effectively communicate data between Copper and another platform is through a paid Zapier account or Tray.io.

Automated actions are nice, but the work flow automations are extremely limited. We are not able to send users automated emails, push notifications when they enter a new stage of a pipeline.

More direct integrations with messaging services - transactional + marketing email services, push notification platforms, chat services.

ActiveCampaign, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

I didn't have much authorization in the selection of Copper, however, I have looked into switching costs and leaving Copper due to their limited workflow automations. Hubspot and Salesforce look more robust and integrated with our other marketing tools. We are too sunk in with Copper into Slack, our backend, and current sales process to switch over and learn again. As a result, we have decided to stick with Copper and wait anxiously for their new product updates.
Richard

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Copper CRM is Way Better than other CRM software I've tried -- and I've tried many.

With me now using Copper CRM, I've found that I can make about 20% more connections during a day because the software is so logically laid out and easy to use. It keeps all the information I need right where it would logically be located. So Copper has saved me time and made me more productive -- and it surprised me.

Pros

Copper is well designed, and very easy to use. It is logical and well laid out. I've tested 7 other products before Copper and they all were too cumbersome and hard to run.

Cons

I don't like having to retype the same address information into the program for a "Person" who I am Adding to a Company that already has that address information in it. There should be a pop-up that asks "Use same address as "Company Name?"

Madeline

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

A lifesaver for small companies!

I highly recommend Copper to companies who are looking to spend less time organizing touchpoints and more time doing the actual work at hand. Copper makes customer tracking and communications simple and has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

- Couldn't be easier to implement (went live same day)
- Automatically gathers contact information for quick reference and reporting
- Easy-to-design email templates, scheduling, pipeline creation

Cons

- Logging in sometimes takes a few tries
- Chrome extension sometimes does not automatically login (deters use)
- More clear-cut pipeline design for product adoption (could be more customizability for business needs)

Response from Copper

Loving all the gold stars, Madeline! Thank you for the feedback.

Replied 26/2/2020
Kayla
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

Simple, Powerful Start-up CRM

We use copper as a CRM tool, a pipelining tool for fundraising, an ATS (applicant tracking system) for hiring, and a task management system for customer support.

Pros

Copper is a fantastic CRM for startups leveraging Gmail that want seamless integration and an intuitive UI. Pricing is affordable in early plans, enabling startups to leverage Copper in their earliest days.

Cons

The brand needs a revamp – there are so many muted color, bland CRM tools. Copper *feels* like a fresher experience, and I wish their brand matched that new feeling.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Seamless integration, accessible price, reliable product.
Terry
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 2/2/2022

easy to use, decent value

Good. The support is good. I havent taken enough time to really understand how to maximize it.

Pros

Easy to get started. Easy to import. Easy to learn with good documentation.

Cons

Not being able to have an attachment to a group email. No SMS tracking. Appointment reminders are email. There has to be a better way. It is pretty expensive when you add in the cost of gSuite, per seat.

Janna
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Mailchimp was really just my email list and I couldn't use it as a proper CRM to keep track of leads and projects, etc.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Syncing to gmail automatically.
Phil
  • Industry: Food Production

Sales for Organic Maple Syrup

Great tool for the price and for a team.

Pros

A very essential tool, pretty easy to use for Sales CRM.

Cons

Lots of features are not needed for the basic sale of a grocery product.
Would like to link a People of a Company to be the Companies Primary Contact. so there is only one entry for that in the Company.
Wish saved files could be viewed and not just downloaded.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Insightly

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Copper (Prosperworks) is much better.

Results

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Better team integration. Better Gmail intergration.
Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

OK product. TERRIBLE customer service. DECEPTIVE cancellation policy

OK product. Terrible company to do business with. Avoid.

Pros

Attractive, easy to use, with good G-Suite integration.

Cons

Labyrinthian cancellation process with UI designed to lead users as far away from a successful cancellation as possible. No confirmations of cancellation in UI or emailed. No user viewable record of cancellation.

I was billed for 10 months after I thought I cancelled. When I tried to login after noticing the charges, I was unable to even after attempting to reset my password (No user exists).

I explained the situation to customer service and they reset my account and told me they weren't able to discuss refunds for the past 10 months until I processed another cancellation on my reset account.

I did so and was billed AGAIN two days later. When I contact customer service, they said that per their policy, not only was that charge valid, but that I would be charged AGAIN next month before charges stopped. When I asked about a refund for the past 10 months, they said that I should have cancelled and when I said that I did, they said prove it. I told them that their system does not generate cancellation emails and they said that per company policy, they would provide no refunds without proof of cancellation. PROOF THAT DOESNT EXIST BECAUSE THERE IS NO RECORD OF CANCELLATION EMAILED TO YOU OR AVAILABLE IN THE APP.

Response from Copper

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. As a result of your feedback here and on other sites, and as a result of similar feedback from others, we have taken significant steps to improve as follows:

1. We hired a new VP of Customer Success, who took this problem on immediately.
2. He instituted 3 additional renewal email reminders: 90 days, 45 days, and 30 days before renewal
3. If the email reminder bounces due to account ownership changes, we assign the case to a Success Manager to track down the current owner to ensure the renewal notices are delivered
4. We adjust the renewal period not to start until we have confirmation that the account owner has been notified.
5. We rewrote our terms of service to make our policies more clear
6. We worked with support to provide clearer instructions on how to cancel an account.
7. We increased our support staff by 50% to make it easier for customers to get in touch.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Replied 12/7/2021
Roger
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Congrats Copper! You are now officially the worst customer service!!! Great job being a...

I have emailed and used the customer service bot on the website over 20 times since July to ask a basic question. Copper refuses to answer my question.

It is not humanly possible for a human to be as rude and stupid as the bot that never answers my question!!!

In my 30 years in business Copper by far has the worst customer service on the planet!!! Even worse than Pac Bell had back in the 1990’s and it was not possible to have customer service as dumb as theirs until Copper came along!!!!

Pros

Google Integration is what I liked the most!
I used to love proper works then it became Copper.

Taking away customer service is a major Blunder!!!!

Don't do business with copper unless you have plenty of time to waste hours of your life and cost you and your business tons of money in wasted production time.........

Cons

Which dumb-ass executive wakes up one day and takes away customer service!!!

Are you that ignorant that you believe your bot works????

Response from Copper

Hi Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear you've had this frustrating experience, and will review our processes to ensure they deliver better support for our customers. I've shared your information with the customer support team and they will reach out directly to hopefully resolve this issue.

Wishing you all the best,
Melanie at Copper

Replied 6/1/2023
Drew
Drew
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Company was growing and needed a better CRM

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Gmail integration and cost.

Response from Copper

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Replied 19/9/2019
Robyn

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

Prosperworks CRM

There was confusion from the beginning as to who my main point of contact was to get started. I had an initial person, then interacted with two others. None were able to assist with questions about merging my domain name email with my gmail account. The CRM software specifically caters to gmail users. That was fine as I had set up my domain name email to send/receive via my gmail account. None of the support persons were able to advise or confirm if Prosperworks would still work with my domain email via gmail. I was instructed by one of them that I would need to also subscribe to the paid Google for Business service. From the onset I was asked and confirmed I was only interested in the level. As I'm a new agent in Real Estate, and I would be the sole user, I did not need, nor could afford the bells and whistles. One of the key selling points was the ability to track and see when my emails were opened. At no point in my various conversations with 3 different consultants was I told that this feature was only available at the price point. It was only after I had installed the software and inquired about the missing feature that I was told I wasn't eligible. Also, the ongoing question about the integration of my domain name email address was never satisfied. After playing around with the app, importing contacts and setting up both my gmail and domain name email in the app during the free trial period, I discovered that I would need to pay for an additional account for the "second email" even though it was me the same person. My take-away was that I would need to pay for each additional subscriber. When compared to others like Hub Spot, this is simply a bad deal. At no point during the onboarding process was this explained until I was ready to confirm payment/my own personal email issues. I was told a supervisor who would be more knowledgable would be in touch. It was around a week later I heard from a supervisor. By then I had moved on. I informed her that I had discovered HubSpot and would be using that as my CRM moving forward. HubSpot is free and also comes with the feature to track opened emails. The supervisor told me that HubSpot was NOT a CRM. It is. So, in the end I would not recommend Prosperworks. It seems this app is too new and the support team is lacking in knowledge. At the basic level of it's not worth it when compared to others that offer the majority of the same features for free.

Pros

useful if you use gmail exclusively.

Cons

lack of knowledgable support team.
too expensive when compared to other CRMs

Andrea
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Everything I need for success in one platform

At first the learning curve with Copper CRM was difficult especially since I had been trained in other softwares. The video tutorials were a great help! At this time and after the learning curve I am very happy with my overall experience with Copper. I use it daily and enjoy how I can personalize the features to suit my sales and relationship management needs.

Pros

There are a few features in which I like most about the Copper CRM software. Firstly, the opportunities pipeline feature. This is a great tool in following the journey of prospective members and new members. When moving throughout stages of the platform intergrations allow for tasks to be automated with intergrations to Gmail. Which leads me to my next favourite feature which is the Gmail intergration and Zapier intergrations. This allows for my workflow to become much easier, built-in interaction tracking, and more. The email templates are a huge plus too!

Cons

It was previously the dashboard, but the recent upgrade which allows for a customizable dashboard is a wonderful added value.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Intergrations, automations, and price.
Duane
Duane

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

This is the best CRM for a small business I have ever used

Pros

Ease of use, Flexibility, Multi Businesses can be operated from the same database. This system is easy to customize and automate. I like that it can be automated to other programs I use using Zapier or direct links to the software through API. It is also most useful because it integrates well with Gmail. Training team members is easy and straightforward. Their support tools make bring new people onto the system effortless. Each channel of sales can have it's own steps process to complete a sale. You can do reports by each Channel.

Cons

Support tickets take too long to process. Rather than just provide an answer to your request, the system contacts you to make sure you still have the question open and then you must refresh the ticket. Seems to be a glitch in their Zhen Dest process. Because I am in China doing some work, I find this most irritating. I cannot seem to get them to fix this problem. I wrote a letter to the president of the company after he wrote me wanting to know my opinion of the system but he never answered. The company is growing quickly and that is good but sometimes it also causes delays in getting the little things fixed. Over all though, I give the company a 5 start rating for effort, design, support and usefulness.

Lauren

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

It doesn't get easier to enter your contacts into a CRM than Prosperworks

Pros

We all live in our inboxes these days, right? This is where the greatness of Prosperworks comes in. All you have to do is roll over the email address of a contact in your Gmail (using the Prosperworks Chrome extension) and with one click, you can add a contact to your database. *Bye* data entry! It's also very intuitive as it automatically asks once you've added someone to your contacts whether you want to create an opportunity or task reminder for that person to ensure that you are monetizing your lead gen and staying on top of potential clients. The system also looks at who you've been in contact with recently and asks if you want to add them to your database. Again, with just one click, you're growing your database regularly. Mass upload of contacts is simple and easy, as is exporting contacts. There are a lot of automation options available such as Mailchimp and virtually anything else that is available to connect on Zapier. Email templates with mergtags are easy to set up. Lots of customization options across the board.

Cons

It doesn't manage duplicates at all, which can be a bit of a drag. Email templates cannot include attachments or HTML. It's easy to lose your place when going down the list of contacts as the page has a tendency to refresh and start at the top as you navigate between contacts and sections. Reminders have limited options for when they are triggered.

david
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

i wish i never paid for this product

this is a half done crm
they are good at selling but support is terrible

Pros

it works well with gmail, that is about all

Cons

set up help- non existent
customer support- chat only, they take a long time to respond
no way to communicate with team through copper
they suggested we set up a slack account, but then did not know how to integrate
this is just a shitty crm

Response from Copper

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We have a few suggested ways you can communicate with your team within Copper:

1. Our Slack integration
2. @ mentions

While we don't have a live chat you can use in Copper, we have found those two options can be very helpful.

We'd love to hear more of your feedback and have reached out to you directly if you're open to chatting more.

Replied 20/2/2020
Basil
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Exceptional! I tried every major platform (plus a few minor ones) over a year and chose...

Most importantly, this platform has dramatically increased our ability to effectively and easily pursue sales leads longer and better than we were able to do previously. This has translated into more sales. Sales is what it's all about.

Pros

Most platforms are either too simplistic or WAY too complicated (think SalesForce). Prosperworks is lives in the Goldilocks zone of "just right". We are a medium size company that cannot afford a full time CRM engineer, so perhaps my decision would be different under these circumstances. But I have had nothing but a great experience with using ProsperWorks. Also, it's highly intuitive and the architecture is designed such that you do not have to click through things to get to other things. From nearly any point in the platform you can create entries or access the information you need. This saves a lot of time over the course of the day.

Cons

My complaints are small and business-specific. The issues I have are unique to our business model. The good thing is that the engineers at PW have been able to create customized programming and workarounds to solve most of our problems.

Julia

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

Loved my experience

Copper was easy to use and get started with. Customer service was not good. Lots of minor feature additions would've made a big impact, but we also didn't get much support so many we just weren't optimizing the product.

Pros

Copper was easy to use and get started with. It was great having it as a way to manage accounts and coordinate across my team and major step up from our previous tool.

Andrea
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Copper is a great tool for the office.

We love Copper and use it daily. Great CRM program.

Pros

We like the ease of use for this program as we are sales reps and need to have names for all our customers along with tracking emails and notes. We also have the apps on phones for those out in the field.

Cons

I only really wish there was a way to easily merge contacts.

Zoho CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

easier platform for what we needed it to do.
Nicco

Reviewed on 2/2/2022

Daily Copper user

Great very user friendly. Love the phone all and also the integration with mail chimp

Pros

I love that I can integrate with google and a lot of other 3rd part apps.
Also having the cell phone app is key

Cons

I have not run into a lot of issues using copper

Zoho CRM

not integrable with he new 3rd parry apps we started to use and the cost

pricing and functions
Max

Reviewed on 4/2/2022

Great CRM and very easy to use

Overall very happy with it. Need to make sure to use it to its full capacity.
Price per user is a bit high I would say but would recommend to everyone I speak too.

Pros

The ease of use and the seamless integration with Gmail.

Cons

I think the calendar function in combination with tasks can be improved a little with maybe colours and stuf, but maybe its already possible though, im not very technical so other than that not much!
I wanted to say send documents with the email but you actually did upgrade that so im happy!

Salesforce Sales Cloud