About Copper

Copper is an easy-to-use CRM for small and medium-sized businesses that need a better way to manage leads & grow customer relationships. If you don't have time for data entry, tedious admin tasks, or overly complex tools, Copper...

4.1
4.1

Browse Copper Reviews

Scott G.

Reviewed on 1/7/2020

The CRM for sales team on Gsuite

I've used a lot of CRMs, from Salesforce to Pipedrive. Copper is hands down the best. Easy to use, easy for the team to adopt but still very powerful under the hood.

Pros

Automated data entry. Pre-populates a lot of my contacts data so adding new leads is a simple point and click.
The gmail integration is amazing. I can get a clear picture of my entire relationship from where I work - gmail.
Im really starting loving the workflow automations and cool calculated fields I can make now.

Cons

I'd like to see a better native integration with an email automation software

Pipedrive, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper

I kept losing track of my conversations and follow up actions.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Salesforce clunky, very expensive and the team hated it. As a small business we didn't use 30% of it. Pipedrive was ok, but very simple and seemed to suit a very small team. It lacked multiple pipelines and didnt have the integration to Gsuite that Copper provided. Hubspot free was very simple and the full paid version of hubspot was super expensive. I didn't need the marketing features at all. Copper also had a better user experience and gsuite integration.
Michael C.

Reviewed on 2/2/2022

The ONLY Fully-Integrated CRM Solution for Google Workspace

Our small business has been a Copper client for the last 2-3 years and we have been incredibly happy with the Copper CRM product and the team that supports it. As our business grows, so do our CRM needs.

Copper has been able to fulfill each of these needs as they arise, often from regular updates on their product roadmap. It's almost like Copper has been "inside our head" and developed exactly what we needed prior to us asking.

@TeamCopper - Great job listening to your clients in the community and actually developing your product to suit our needs. This is what encouraged us to sign a 5-year agreement with you!

Pros

Full functionality within Google Workspace plug-in (Gmail, Calendar). Ability to pull a list view of Opportunities, Leads, etc and update individual records without leaving the screen (HUGE time-saver).

Cons

Import function needs work in the area of duplicate management and add/ overwrite tags. Third-party integration with Zapier makes this seamless but can add unnecessary expenses.

Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Eat your heart out, Salesforce. Copper just packed your lunch! If you are looking for a robust CRM/ lead management/ marketing suite that has all the lipstick but WITHOUT the Dev cost of Salesforce et al, then you need to try Copper. We did. And we couldn't be happier. Just try it. You won't regret it.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Copper was the robust, affordable solution to our growing CRM needs. Without the Dev cost.

Reviewed on 2/6/2022

Awesome tool for startups!

Pros

I like the fact that it was user-friendly and helped me to ramp up our sales operations fast.

Cons

Maybe the fact that their lead gen capabilities were not so good.

Top Copper Alternatives

Bob J.

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

Extremely Limited

Tried PW for my insurance biz. It was a total waste of time. It took 20+ hours to set up for my business and did very little to help organize contacts/meetings/notes as I required. Also needed to be able to filter/search for data.

Overall, it lacked customization.

Wanted to add custom fields like birthdates. This proved impossible, as the date field required input via pop up calendar, so you'd have to click through every month to get back to January 1 1965. I talked to their support people for a total of 3 hours and the conclusion of it all was "the software can't do that and we're not going to implement that unless a ton of people ask for it." That should have been a red flag because it just got worse.

Importing data is super annoying. If you have a google sheet you want to import, you have to download it as a CSV then re-upload it, and hope the fields match up. It also adds a bunch of tags to crap that makes a huge data mess you end up wasting hours to fix.

The dashboard is a total waste of space. There is no useful information. The People section is basically a glorified Excel spread sheet. When you export your data it grabs the fields, but leaves all of the activity notes behind, so you cannot back those

Custom filters are another massive failure. If you want to filter by X but exclude everyone who already has Y, it's impossible. I think an undergrad designed this system because it lacks advanced features severely.

If you want to set up a daily to-do queue, forget it. You might as well use paper checklist or a spreadsheet.

Another major problem is that it will pull info out of your google contacts and if you check the box for Sync with Contacts, it will completely destroy your hardwork in contacts. It deletes data out of fields, such as addresses and phone numbers. You have to pay for another software called Pieworks to fix that, but it's also terrible. A simple basic feature that should be included is not, and you have to pay yet another monthly sub for something really stupid that should be there.

It has an app for android, and it was convenient when out of the office. You can pull up the contact and if you just had a meeting with them, dictate the notes into logging a meeting. If you need to call them, just tap their phone number, and at the end of the call PW is already logging your call, just enter the notes about topics of discussion. However, the app needs improvement in terms of the dashboard, such as calendar and to do list like a call queue or other service tasks.

You have to submit tickets for every little thing. It's extremely annoying and waste of your time.

I decided to cancel this, pulled all of my data out of PW and set it up in a spreadsheet. PW is barely more than a spreadsheet with a pretty interface. It's not worth the money. You might as well use something free -- or spend the money and get a real CRM with all the features you really need.
They will not let you cancel. There is no place to remove your billing information or cancel your plan. You have to submit a ticket and hope they answer it, but more likely, they'll ignore it because they are a greedy company that ignores the requests users make on their website for changes.

They claim they are the CRM google uses, but that's not true. This is a very immature piece of software that cannot handle a serious business with specialized needs. They may have partnered with

Pros

Interface is OK but needs improvement. The app was convenient, but needs a better dashboard.

Cons

High cost, lack of customization and features. Have to submit tickets for any help. Lack of training videos.

Patrick M.

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

Great product for new client prospecting

Pros

Copper is easy to sync with Gmail and email notifies the user when tasks are due.

Cons

The software works great while working within the Google Suite but if you are operating on a different platform it is restrictive.

Robert B.

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

Not the standard CRM / Project Tracking

We use Copper to manager our existing customers. We do not add new customers often, just account management really. We also use it to track commercial projects. It's two completely different uses. We use Opportunities as commercial projects. It would be nice if People/Companies could be segmented as different types with different visible fields. We group a lot of fields and have to toggle open/close based on the type of person being entered.

Pros

Our company uses the Google Suite of apps so integration with our current setup was extremely easy. We had a single implementation person assigned to our account and she was extremely helpful and responsive. Also the customization options were very useful.

Cons

The canned reports were not useful to us. We had to build our own through Google Analytics. However the Copper team have recently been upgrading their reports, with the ability to create custom reports now. It's much better.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

The integration with Google is what sold it to us.
Artem R.

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

Good, well-balanced small business CRM

Pros

Copper is feature-rich and did everything we wanted it to do to manage sales at a relatively large website.

We used Copper to manage leads, convert them to opportunities, track payments, and fulfill our clients' orders.

We also set up integrations with Slack and Google Forms, which made it much easier for clients to reach out and for us to track progress and discuss projects in a single tool (Slack).

Cons

Pricing could be more competitive, but compared to Salesforce, it's probably not bad at all.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Price and simplicity, given how capable it still was for our needs.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 20/10/2019

Cool Copper

I set up all of my meetings and have all of my business and many of my personal contacts set up in Copper.

Pros

Copper tracks activity well and ability to make it a custom application for my use is helpful. I also like that it integrates with Gmail our company's email platform.

Cons

A bit expensive. No ability to attach files to emails sent within the system. Files can be attached if using Gmail.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Its ability to integrate with Google products.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the review! As for the con you've listed, we do have a feature on the horizon that will address that concern and positively impact Copper users in a big way.

Replied 22/10/2019
M. woodrow J.

Reviewed on 23/8/2021

Keep it Simple Stupid

Pros

Simple
Integrates with Email
Minimalistic yet still feature heavy
Provides actionable sales process data

Cons

Which it dealt with duplication a little bit better

Insightly and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Copper

We still use monday.com for project management but it just wasnt the right tool for a sales CRM

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Simplicity of use and customization.
Eric V.

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

Fabulous CRM product for Gmail users

Easy to trial product. Sales support team was very helpful. Not too pushy.
Software has exceed my expectations.

Pros

Easy to set up and use, great UI. The tight integration with Gmail is really the killer feature for us.

Cons

If you accidentally delete records they cannot be recovered. Not good if you accidentally delete all your contacts and have not done a manual back up ..

Marc-antoine B.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 16/8/2021

Copper is a great tool for sales, contacts and tasks management

Copper is defenitely a very powerful tool when it comes down to sales and task management. It is easy and instinctive to use!

Pros

As a booking agent and as an artist manager, the 2 things that I enjoy the most with Copper are the Task Manager and the Contact List features.

It goes without saying that the contact list manager is a very powerful tool. It is easy to use: whether you just want to browse through the contacts, uplaod/add new clients or even if you need to find a "needle in a haystack". All the filters that you can apply in a research are super helpful!

The task Manager is also one of the main feature that I use on a daily basis. I find it super easy and convinient to set up remainders and follow ups. It is also very useful when it comes down to dedicate tasks to colleagues (without having to talk to them, because you can be very clear using the "details" section).

Cons

I think probably the biggest issue I have with Copper is that we are all francophones at Doze Agency. Because the version of the software we are using is in English, we sometimes have problems with some "list management". We sometimes have to use some special caracters in French (for exemple: "é", "è", "à", etc.). Maybe a French version of the software is not an option, but a cool feature would be that the software could associate special caracters like "é" to the letter "e" or a caracter like "à" to the letter "a". I know it may sound strange to some, and I don't know to what extent there are other french speaking users of the software, but it would defenitely be a great plus!

Janna W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Mailchimp was really just my email list and I couldn't use it as a proper CRM to keep track of leads and projects, etc.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Syncing to gmail automatically.
Jaimee I.

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Copper

Copper has cut down dramatically on administration data entry try which allows for our staff to communicate with our prospects more frequently, which in return is bringing in more business for the company.

Pros

Copper has helped our company tremendously in regarding to time spent updating our CRM systems. We use to have to add all emails to the system, Copper automatically adds all the emails which has cut down on our administration time dramatically. It will also pull contact information for the internet, which also helps cut down time so the time can be spent elsewhere. Another favorite feature is being able to view the contact file in gmail when an email from that specific person comes in.

Cons

We wish that when adding notes into copper, there was more flexibility in regards to changing the color of the font or being able to highlight something within the note. Also, sometimes we have an individual in the system with more than one company but Copper doesn't allow you to add duplicate emails to multiple files.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

If you have ever used ACT, you will understand why.

Act!

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the feedback, Jaimee!

Replied 26/2/2020
Jacqueline C.

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

Intuitive, Inclusive & Scalable

Wonderful! The customer service is AMAZING and overall we have converted so much more closed business as a result of effective lead and pipeline management within our company.

Pros

The ability to manage leads, manage pipelines, and store data, along with the ability to automate lead management.

Cons

the lack of ability to integrate with other softwares, the lack of commission management features, and the lack of ability to specifically disburse leads automatically based on tracked conversion rates

BoomTown, HubSpot CRM and TOP PRODUCER

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Contactually really only kept you nurturing leads but didn't incorporate pipeline management along with transaction and data management effectively.

Contactually

Reasons for Switching to Copper

The amount of features and intuitive layout of the program was easily the most scalable as we grow, and the best value monetarily as well!

Response from Copper

Solid feedback that we'll be sharing with our team. Thank you, Jacqueline!

Replied 3/3/2020
Dulce L.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

Amazing CRM!

Overall very happy with this software. Didn’t need any training at all as it’s very intuitive and easy to work with.

Pros

It is very user friendly, loads quickly and can be used on the go. I love that there’s an app that works smoothly on my iPhone and iPad. This makes us super easy to work on the go or to be able to access info when away from the office. I also love the copper extension that allows me to see if my clients have opened up our emails (it lists each date and time it was opened)

Cons

The only issue I have is that the Copper extension (not the software itself) sometimes marks an email as being read if I open it to link it to an opportunity. Not a big deal, I can usually rule out the “read” notification right after the email was sent because I know it was me. Any other reads are ones our customers triggered when they opened the email.
I also wish that the mobile app allowed you to view the customers numbers without having to select the “phone” or “call” option.

Mark B.

Reviewed on 12/8/2018

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Pros

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite.

I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution.

I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

Michael B.

Reviewed on 13/8/2021

Copper for Small Business

I like Copper, it is easy to use and integrated with Gmail. Cloud base allows use any place in the world. Accounts and analysts (people who do nothing but watch what I do) love looking at my copper but hate putting information in system.

Pros

1. Organizes leads, people, and anything for sales.
2. sends reminder emails about presentation or phone call.
3. cloud based, can be done anywhere
4. Task managment
5. easy input with enough infomration on clients. Sometimes find info on leads online.

Cons

1. Can't same attachments for emails.
2. Does not integrate with LinkedIn (App for LinkedIn mixing is terrible).
3. Not enough time to use because focoused on other things for small busines.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

IT person at company wanted to switch.

QuickBooks Time
Drew B.

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Company was growing and needed a better CRM

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Gmail integration and cost.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Replied 19/9/2019
Phil S.
  • Industry: Food Production

Sales for Organic Maple Syrup

Great tool for the price and for a team.

Pros

A very essential tool, pretty easy to use for Sales CRM.

Cons

Lots of features are not needed for the basic sale of a grocery product.
Would like to link a People of a Company to be the Companies Primary Contact. so there is only one entry for that in the Company.
Wish saved files could be viewed and not just downloaded.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Insightly

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Copper (Prosperworks) is much better.

Results CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Better team integration. Better Gmail intergration.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work.

Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Reviewed on 12/8/2021

I really like Copper

For us it all hinges on Opportunity tracking - which we modified into a "start-to-finish/inquiry-to-money-collected" tracker. We don't use the project management or task management.

Pros

The Google integration and drag and drop pipelines/stages are what sold me. It didn't take long to learn and start modifying it for our activity/information needs. The mobile version is more than adequate and the whole UI is well done.

Like all good software, I'm sure there are features and shortcuts we don't use enough, but basically, it is more than suited for what we use it for; Customer information and job process tracking.

Cons

These cost more money - via upgrade; Mailchimp integration, adding many custom fields, and better than limited reporting. We run the Basic version.

Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

It was the best UI, Google integrated, flexible one of what we looked at.
Allison M.

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Copper - CRM

Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish.
You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

John R.

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Basic CRM

Overall experience was good until I knew I was paying more for less.

Pros

At that time I was looking for a CRM that integrates with G Suite at that time called Google Apps. This was the second CRM I tried.

Cons

You have to play a lof more for the better features that actually completes the CRM. After checking out other companies I realized after using it for more than a year that the CRM is lacking in features.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

I stop using Office 365 and switched to Google Apps.

Andrea S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Everything I need for success in one platform

At first the learning curve with Copper CRM was difficult especially since I had been trained in other softwares. The video tutorials were a great help! At this time and after the learning curve I am very happy with my overall experience with Copper. I use it daily and enjoy how I can personalize the features to suit my sales and relationship management needs.

Pros

There are a few features in which I like most about the Copper CRM software. Firstly, the opportunities pipeline feature. This is a great tool in following the journey of prospective members and new members. When moving throughout stages of the platform intergrations allow for tasks to be automated with intergrations to Gmail. Which leads me to my next favourite feature which is the Gmail intergration and Zapier intergrations. This allows for my workflow to become much easier, built-in interaction tracking, and more. The email templates are a huge plus too!

Cons

It was previously the dashboard, but the recent upgrade which allows for a customizable dashboard is a wonderful added value.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Intergrations, automations, and price.
Richard H.

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Copper CRM is Way Better than other CRM software I've tried -- and I've tried many.

With me now using Copper CRM, I've found that I can make about 20% more connections during a day because the software is so logically laid out and easy to use. It keeps all the information I need right where it would logically be located. So Copper has saved me time and made me more productive -- and it surprised me.

Pros

Copper is well designed, and very easy to use. It is logical and well laid out. I've tested 7 other products before Copper and they all were too cumbersome and hard to run.

Cons

I don't like having to retype the same address information into the program for a "Person" who I am Adding to a Company that already has that address information in it. There should be a pop-up that asks "Use same address as "Company Name?"