BuildingConnected Reviews

About BuildingConnected

BuildingConnected provides the largest crowd-sourced network in commercial construction, empowering builders to save time and increase accuracy with efficient bids. Help general contractors and owners find the right subcontractors...

Browse BuildingConnected Reviews

Hayden
Hayden

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

A Must-Have for Professionals

Since using PowerPoint, I have noticed a significant change and the way I am viewed within my organization. My peers and superiors have both noticed how confident I am while conducting quality presentations, and for that I have PowerPoint to thank.

Pros

I love that PowerPoint has several options when it comes to slide design. Presentations can be very bland, so adding a design that's aesthetically pleasing is extremely helpful when I'm trying to grab the attention of my peers and superiors.

Cons

I have not had any bad experiences with PowerPoint.

Odae

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Building Connected Rocks

Love it makes my life easier

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to manage large amounts of information with ease. The projects run threw Building Connected are streamlined and increase productivity overall.

Cons

Not having the ability to edit contacts information in our data base with out having the user to log in and confirm the edits some times our subs are not tech savy enough to log in.

Procore and iSqFt for General Contractors

Reasons for Choosing BuildingConnected

Procore is slow and cumbersome.

Procore

Reasons for Switching to BuildingConnected

Ease of use and it is quicker at processing information!
Tony

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Not in love with this

Pros

I like how this software is widely used with General Contractors. it makes it easy to download plans, specs, and upload quotes.

Cons

I do not like how it automatically will start invites from all GC's in your state. Each time I try to unsubscribe to a GC nothing happens.

Top BuildingConnected Alternatives

jeff

Reviewed on 31/8/2020

Day to Day with BuildingConnected

Awesome!

Pros

The leveling section is such a time saver. We can look at everything one screen, make adjustments and go with a final number on bid day seamlessly. A real time saver.

A great tool to show owners and clients that we have done our homework and selected the lowest most qualified bidder

Cons

Be sure you have a strong network and a strong network connection. As the day wears on it can be slow down at bit

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

Building Connected has increased our business

We started using BC in 2018 and more than doubled our revenue the following year. Add BC was a large contributor to that success.

Pros

Easiest and best way we have found to send and track bid invitations to a targeted recipient.

Cons

There are no enough key work options in the bid package to cover all of the bid I need.

iSqFt for General Contractors

Reasons for Switching to BuildingConnected

We still use the other product. They are good for mass invites but BC is better for targeting and tracking bidders.
Akasha

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

So easy to use!

Pros

I like how user friendly it is. I also really like that each user controls their account but if I notice it's not up to date, I can make a suggestion. Crowd sharing is brilliant!

Cons

I would like to make comments for a particular company which can only be seen internally but without actually rating them. Right now, to make a comment, you have to rate them from 1-5 stars. But sometimes I need a comment about the contacts at a company, etc.

Ian

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

User Friendly Software

Pros

easy to use, user friendly, simple, the bid-form section is awesome!!

Cons

would be great if they had an RFI section to use like Procore has.

Payal

Reviewed on 24/12/2019

Definitely recommend it

Being able to access subcontractor information, the bids, bid levelling - all of the tools make the bidding process much smoother and in one place.

Pros

The ease of finding all the bidding information in one place and user-friendliness of the website makes this a very helpful tool for bidding process.

Cons

The directory functionality needs some work.

Hailey
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 8/9/2023

Crucial for Bid Management

My experience using building connected has overall been a good one, i'll continue using for as long as i'm able!

Pros

I like that we are able to look up any project and see if we are bidding or if we are declining, Makes it easy to manage. I like that we can store all correspondences in each project folder so we know what's going on at all times.

Cons

I havnt ran into any issues so there is nothing to dislike

Brittany
Brittany

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Great Construction Resource

Overall I will continue to use the software as it is a very reliable source.

Pros

I get receive 30% of my bid invites through Building Connected. Very organized. Nice layout. Definitely a recommended source.

Cons

The bid form is a bid to much others I have been on I put on the amount the scope and then drop my estimate in. With this software its a draw out process.

Rosa

Reviewed on 27/8/2020

Excellent Platform to use for reaching out to Subcontractors

We can view how many times a sub we have reached out to for bidding has provided us with proposals, declined or accepted our invitations, the ease of being able to see a subs prequalification status, and just the overall information BC provides us from bid leveling to the use of PlanGrid, TradeTapp, Box, etc.

Pros

Since I utilize BC on a daily basis, I truly enjoy the ease of creating projects, building bid packages, sending out notifications to all at once or individually, how you can make notes in BC about your conversations with different subs, add tags, add favorites, how things are time stamped and dated, how we can sync the files to Box, add subs for projects we have already published; all in all, it is an extremely easy program to work with.

Cons

The only drawback for me is the fact that we are not able to change any information for a subcontractor, for example, when I know that someone's email address is incorrect, I am not able to change it, we have to "Suggest an Edit" and type in what needs to be amended. However, we do not receive any notifications indicating that the "suggestions" we put through have been changed, accordingly.

Luke

Ron Wright Inc

Team members can decide on what to bid without meeting at the same time.

Pros

The organization of the bid list by due date is great. It's important sometimes to search an archived project. Huge time saver having a dedicated email auto populating the bid list and auto populating some of the project information. The bid form notification of being read is great to have reassurance that the proposal was received. The comment section is great for notes to other team members.

Cons

The planhub invites not auto populating client information is frustrating. The split screen on the bid board is useful or needed, split screen with limited views of both screens. One screen with all the info would be more useful. When you need more info you open the project. The right hand screen is not used.

PlanHub and iSqFt for General Contractors

Reasons for Switching to BuildingConnected

Better fit for a Subcontractor.
Sitlalic

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Building Connected Review

I've been using building connected for two years and its been great. It is very easy to use not only for the estimating team but also for our subcontractors. If the project if awarded to our company we then invite the project management team to the project. They download all the bid forms submitted to an excel document that is later used during scoping meetings.

Pros

Communication with subcontractors is very easy
Can add notes
Very easy to upload bid forms and scope description
Easy to see who has submitted bids and identify low bidder immediately
Easy to download bid form for additional scoping

Cons

One of the things I like the least about the software is that when we have to send bid invites to only specific subcontractors we have to go through the entire list and uncheck the ones we don't want to invite. This can be a little time consuming when we have to delete 20 or more subcontractors from our work package. The only other thing that could be improved is better identification of union vs non-union subcontractors.

Obada

Reviewed on 11/4/2022

The best tool can make our bids more competitive.

Building Connected provided us with the opportunity to network with organizations we may not have otherwise encountered, allowing us to increase the competitiveness of our bids.

Pros

For a quote on a task, take advantage of BuildingConnected's unique feature that allows you to collaborate with different office locations within the same company profile to acquire an estimate. It's also extremely simple to operate. You can invite existing building connect companies to participate, as well as invite new trades. Changes to the tender package can be made quickly and easily without having to email each contractor individually.

Cons

In areas where the BuildingConnected can readily perform magnificently, there aren't many dislikes, and we haven't had any issues with it yet, which is encouraging.

Morgan

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

We Choose to Build with Building Connected!

We use the integration with Building Connected to Procore, which simplifies the process of turning a bid into a contract or purchase order. If you use both or one of these systems, we definitely recommend using them as a pair.

Pros

The ability to track and store all of our bids in one place. We can run reports and review previous bids for estimating new projects, pre-qualify our subcontractors with a customized questionnaire, and store templates for bid contact lists separated by cost code/bid package and organized by locations, type of project, category, or really anything we need!

Cons

We cannot edit the sub's contact information, and companies are not the best at keeping emails and company information up to date in the system. If the company is not in the system, then we can add them with email, but can't store any of their company info (name, address, etc).

KIm

Reviewed on 27/8/2020

REVIEW

since we dont have any real support, its like paying for the support needed, tracking subs is a huge advantage in getting coverage.

Pros

FINDING SUBS THROUGH THE SEARCH IS GREAT, THAT IS HALF THE BATTLE, IF THERE NOT IN THERE, ONE YOU PUT IN COMPANY EMAIL, IF THERE RECOGNIZED ALL THE INFO SHOW UP. Notes for each subs, add people, who viewed documents, is really nice,

Cons

When i have a sublist, converting to excel is great but, i want the option to list, by category, bid, viewed , undecided, not bidding, it prints the entire list, that is annoying.
THe other item need fixing, is for sub to view plans and documents easier, it is difficult when they think they have to sign up and they dont need to. i get a fair amount of calls about that.

Jenelle

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

Building Connected is a great tool for our company!

BuildingConnected has been a good organization tool. It diminishes duplication of efforts and gives us a good calendaring tool. It has also been a good marketing tool for one of our newer PMs building her clientele. She looks for bidding opportunities on our dashboard. This software has also given us an easy tool for follow up.

Pros

Finding out if there are multiple GCs bidding an opportunity...this has given us the visibility to send our numbers out to companies we may have otherwise missed. We have also decreased duplication of efforts in our office. We can see when other PMs may already be working on an opportunity.

Cons

I don't believe you can see if there are other GCs bidding an opportunity unless you accept an invitation.

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

Bid Invitations are a breeze!

Pros

This software platform is intuitive and easy to use. The public contractor database is already populated with most people we work with, adding other contacts is easy as inputting an email address!

Communicating with every invited bidder or just a subset with follow up information is just as easy.

Cons

We've submitted a couple suggested enhancements, the Building Connected team is always willing to listen to feedback and improve the platform.

Alejandro

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

If you bid commercial flooring projects this is indispensable

I have always liked and used it in the companies I have worked for and this software has improved with the times, with significant developments.

Pros

The fact that you can see many of the bids available throughout the USA and the pertinent Builders

Cons

I can't say that I dislike this software. I only am curious about the availability of my info that could be used without my knowledge if I used their bid function?

Courtney

GC Use

Overall we find BC to be extremely efficient for our company. We use it daily, bidding 4-5 jobs weekly.

Pros

We utilize the search feature a lot when searching for new sub-contractors to work with, especially in specialty trades we don't often use. I find Building Connected's interface to be extremely user friendly.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Building Connected is the inability to delete bid packages on your own. Right now you have to reach out to support for them to delete it. I will say they are quick to respond, I just wish I could do it and save the time.

Al
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

Bid Management

Time saving and reduction on number of emails to bid coordinator.

Pros

The bid management software is very easy to use across multiple users and makes it easy to assign jobs and have multiple viewers of documents and quotes while still assigning the project to one person. This has cut down on the emails cluttering my inbox and if very effective and time-saving.

Cons

I think some of the data capturing and statistics functions need to be improved, at least we have not found reports that are as useful to us in the construction business where we don't always hear results on our bids right away.

Bryan

Reviewed on 31/8/2020

Building Connected is Unmatched

The experience has been excellent and without frustration, in addition, the building connected staff is extremely attentive to all needs and does not hesitate to solve issues immediately.

Pros

Highly recommend Building Connected for its intuitive ease of use and the simple integration into a construction company's arsenal of estimating software.

Cons

Minor adjustments regarding the process and meaning of non disclosure agreements has to be carefully monitored.

Ryan

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

Tender Invites for the 20th Century

Overall, Building Connected is still the best option I have looked at. There are a few minor tweaks that would make the software by far the best on the market

Pros

Ease of inviting trades
Bid leveling software
Visibility through company and colleges
Easy to create teams

Cons

Confusion on updating contact info
Adding trades from database is time consuming
Adding trades by the slider still requires manual correction

Linda

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

Well Organized and easy to manage

We are able to keep all our Projects up for Bid together and it helps that all employees invited to BC can use, store and keep notes so others can see.

Pros

Everything is put together for easy use. There is places to write company notes endless storage space for documents and Plans. Easy to delete and replace employees or outside vendors. Love that we can keep track of analytics. Bids can be sent straight from building connected.

Cons

I don't like that jobs get doubled up, and you can't group 2 different groups together .

Dustin

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

Please get rid of Side Panel or make its use optional

It is convenient that with building connected all elements of pre construction are under one platform aside from detail material and labor takeoffs.

Pros

Prior to the side panel additional it was the most efficient way for me to track all aspects of pre construction with the least amount of time. The ability to assign projects to employees, the ability to submit proposals and track them from a single platform.

Cons

Currently I would with out a doubt say Side Panel.