About Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Bullhorn provides cloud-based CRM solutions for relationship-driven businesses. The solution offers automated data capture and customer insight technology to help companies win customers and keep them engaged. Bullhorn’s CRM...

3.7
4.1

Browse Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

1,026 of 1,026 reviews
Jesica
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Great for recruiters

This platform turned out to be really handy for candidate recruiting. Users should pay special attention to the report functions, as they are really helpful in recruiting. For people who like everything individually organized and neat, it’s a lifesaver.

Pros

- A truly simplistic layout
- Seamless integration of all data from different sources to one complete Bullhorn database.
- Efficient tasklist and search
- Managing client and talent leads has become much easier
- A real time saver
- Contact list is searchable and easy to navigate
An extremely useful service for integrating databases (e.g. client and sales, recruiting data etc). Bullhorn is one of the best CRM’s I have worked with. Simple, clean visuals, intuitive functions, good integration features. Allows synchronization with other programs and tools.
- Customizable, with lots of functions
- Compatible with tons of other software

Cons

- Some problems with user interface, like popups
- Refreshing posts is sometimes delayed, especially if they are close in time
- Small window sizes, requires lots of scrolling action
- Speed – data transmission could be much faster
- Needs a lot of updating and administration (which is honestly the problem of all CRM sofrware)
- Keeps old data which you have to delete manually, or it will interfere with current priorities

Stacey

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Great ATS, the best one I have used as a Recruiter

Bullhorn ATS is overall a great tool for our recruiting team and we enjoy using it. It integrates well with a lot of the other tools we use to improve the candidate experience including Herefish, LinkedIn, TextUs, etc. Wish customer support was a bit stronger with stronger, long-lasting solutions, but overall we like it.

Pros

Integrates with a lot of other software we use like TextUs, Herefish, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Jobs, etc. We also like that it has a lot of capability and functionality, more than other ATS's I have used. It also has a fairly easy to use interface and a lot of training materials, which makes it easy to onboard new recruiters on to our team.

Cons

Customer Support is very unhelpful when we try to add new functionality, suggest Bullhorn updates, or if we have a system issue. We have not been impressed with their problem-solving or timely support.

Marissa

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

Sourcing Specialist Review

Pros

The ease of navigation throughout the platform.

Cons

Would love to have the ability to mass import files - specifically candidate resumes.

Top Bullhorn ATS & CRM Alternatives

Chuck

Reviewed on 10/2/2017

Bullhorn review

I'm a former MaxHire advocate, user, trainer, etc. Love the platform. So this is kind of like a Chevy fanatic reviewing a Ford :-)

Pros

Very clean interface. No over-crowding. Mostly intuitive to use. Love that it's not an installed client on a machine and is cloud based. I like how you can immediately edit some field values on records while viewing them in list format. Love the reporting features and functionality. Hands down 1 of the best here that I've seen.

Cons

uploading data by .csv...if some data on the spreadsheet is a dupe in BH, it will tell you that x# of the uploads were duplicate. Okay - great. But then, that x# of dupes don't get displayed in my list. So then I have saved the new uploads into a tearsheet, sort the tearsheet A-Z and then open my spreadsheet to cross reference who the missing x#s are to then go find them individually in BH and add to the tearsheet. In MaxHire - which Bullhorn OWNS - I get an option to add the dupes to the list. BRILLIANT!

Activities tab in a person record - I think by default always shows (0). But once you click it, you can then see placements, interviews, appointments, tasks, etc. This makes it really challenging to quickly search for those who have any of those activities.

The Bullhorn Accelerator browser extension rarely works. How many times do I have to continue logging in to use it? Same for the Outlook add-in.

Set up - I'm really disappointed that Bullhorn doesn't take the additional time on initial configuration to work with new clients on setting up (or at least notifying the client of these things) email integration with Outlook or Gmail. This should be a default practice by Bullhorn. I've now been at 2 companies on Bullhorn who didn't even have this setup and didn't even know the possibility existed. Bullhorn should be making these recommendations - they are called best practices - or making these things set up defaults. I know the user has to work with their domain host/email host.

Tearsheets - brilliant idea - but to me, a tearsheet is my call list. I put people in a tearsheet per my planning for the next day. You open the tearsheet and you have to open each record to get to the phone number to be able to call them. This is an epic fail. Tearsheet lists don't even display the binoculars for a profile quick view. That would help. Tearsheets don't allow you to manipulate the fields being displayed on the tearsheet (to display contact info). This is a big fail.
It was only after months of frustration that we opened a ticket about this to learn that we have to open the tearsheet through contact or candidate fields to then get access to what makes a tearsheet beneficial in the first place. Totally frustrating.

Calendar - EPIC FAIL - Bullhorn doesn't have a calendar. I live in Bullhorn, but have to use my Google Calendar or Outlook calendar to see what my day looks like? Again - you guys OWN MaxHire. Another great feature for Bullhorn to make happen. And if I book appointments for people on my team with a client or candidate (and I won't be attending), I don't even see the event at all because I didn't invite myself to get the message to my inbox to then accept my own invitation. Come on - that's frustrating. How can I see when to follow up or get a reminder to follow up if it doesn't exist on my calendar.

Glane

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

More placements plus potential clients

I only knew recently that you can simply drop a downloaded PDF from a LinkedIn profile of a candidate into Bullhorn and it auto-populates the fields which makes the work faster.

Pros

I like that you can put as much information in Bullhorn about the candidate, my favourite feature would be adding notes and you can notify your manager of whatever changes you made by tagging them to internal recipients. It makes the job easier and faster.

Cons

Sometimes, Bullhorn gets laggy, it takes time to load. And sometimes I would receive an error message after clicking the 'save' button. Had to clear the cached or reset my laptop to refresh the software.

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Bullhorn ATS - Is just the best

I recommend Bullhorn to many of our staffing clientele, I always go back to all the features Bullhorn provides, all of the integrations we use (Indeed/LinkedIn) to name a few. The ease of use is a big one for us and it just works so well with our business!

Pros

Bullhorn is so user friendly first off! When i train new employees on the use and flow of Bullhorn I have never had an issue with them not understanding. There are so many training videos that show step by step instructions on how to move throughout Bullhorn that are so helpful!

Cons

There are sometimes latency issues, but this seems to get fixed quite fast! Other than that, we typically do not have many issues within Bullhorn that are worth complaining about.

PCRecruiter

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Bullhorn won in all categories for our business plan, and we are very happy with our decision.

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Easy to use and very intuitive

Really great - fantastic support team

Pros

Its easy to set up and use and has a user friendly interface

Cons

No built in reporting function as standard

itris

Reasons for Choosing Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Other system was outdated and not giving us anything back

Voyager Infinity

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Nicer user interface and ability to integrate with other software
Megan

Reviewed on 11/7/2020

Disappointed - All Talk & No Follow Through

I rarely leave poor reviews. However; I was so thoroughly taken in with a software I want to share my experience for future potential users.

The customer service is great from the tech team- they get in touch with you quickly. However; I was often finding work arounds myself, or being advised work arounds instead of having issues resolved (example- The DPA/Non DPA issue- an excel spreadsheet can do this, yet a CRM cannot?)

I was debited on the incorrect date & then when I requested they refund until the due date, I was re-debited again on the correct date. The communication was poor- their billing team are based in the US and there was no acknowledgement of the mistake. My initial consultant chased them down for me, and advised me of their error. Lucky.

The product was oversold. For example; I was advised their 'merge docs' feature would allow me to bull data directly from the 'Overview', 'Work Histories' which later proved to be false.

Finally, when I requested to end my contract & transfer my data (I advised a specific date I needed it, when my CRM would be ready) they advised it would take 15 business days & I was to put no further data in my system during that 15 days, and then gave me my data after 3. I now have no CRM for 4 weeks.

It's just a complete lack of regard, or care about individual customers once you've signed. There is no continuity of care & it's extremely disappointing for me as a customer, & their sales team who did a great job in the beginning.

Pros

- The ability to hashtag consultants, client contacts & candidates
- The appearance is user friendly
- The ability to customise individual views at the consultant level
- The availability of training online
- The ability to customise yourself without the help of the team.

Cons

- It's old & clunky with attempts to modernise its appearance & features.
- The search uses boolean so consultants require training to know how to search, build lists & find candidates & contacts. EG, you write 'Bob' into search, & it won't appear but you'll add an asterisk & it will appear. If you had 'Bob Jane' in the first name, it also won't appear.
- The filters don't work correctly. EG, we have 'DPA' & 'Non DPA' - BH did not have the ability to differentiate between the two using the filter, because they both said 'DPA'. We had to either change the terminology (which is industry standard in the medical field) or use the advanced search rather than the filters.
- The updating of the custom fields is clunky & not intuitive. Adding in multiple job types was limited to 3 (i.e. salary, contract & temp - we have additional types)and each one required individual customizing (fair) which the played havoc if it didn't match up to the master file which overrode the other 3. EG, ALL custom fields were required on the master, and then you'll match up each in the individual job type as required. You'd then just include what was required in the individual job type.
- The migration from our old CRM was poor. One Example- We ended up with thousands of files that were 'New South Wales' which got turned into 'New South Western Australiales. We were refused assistance in fixing this
- It's slow to load
- Clear your cache daily- or things will break
- No ability to add locations.

Salesforce Sales Cloud, Vincere and JobAdder

Reasons for Choosing Bullhorn ATS & CRM

I needed a full ATS, and SalesForce was too expensive to customise to work for me.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

The sales rep was on point, the price was reasonable and it appeared to check all the boxes to grow my business.
Scott

Reviewed on 5/7/2022

Good Platform

This is a good platform that is trying to continuously improve its product to keep up with the evolving industry.

Pros

The product is easy to use and navigate from the start. There are some good reports generated once you figure out the "behind the scenes".

Cons

During my time there were a few acquisitions by Bullhorn that were meant to help with automation. The roll-out of the new tools was slow and clunky.

Esther

Reviewed on 22/3/2018

I have been using Bullhorn for over 10 years not a great fit for a small firm.

Pros

Cloud based software.
User friendly for new recruiters.
Great for parsing resumes.
Ability to view open jobs and submissions.

Cons

Bullhorn is pricey and does not build their software with small business in mind. Candidate searching takes some time to learn. There was many more pros in the past now those pros come with negatives. Over the past few years it has been difficult to manage. Do your homework before implementing. As you increase and build business it becomes costly and time consuming to try a different software. Look at reviews from recruiters and administrators. Software should be functional for the recruiter and manageable for the administators.

Karrah

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand!

I have been using Bullhorn for almost a year now - our company has been with the software for at least 5 years and they are doing everything right. At the beginning of this year my organization decided to add Sense Messaging as another way of engaging with our clientele (best decision we've made). These two pieces of software are connected on my platform and have benefited PMC together and on their own too. When we text our clientele through Sense Messaging it automatically is in the database system allowing PMC to keep track of all of the important conversations with our candidates for reference. Bullhorn has solved many business problems with its simplicity also by simply with its ability to communicate with us. The software provides all the information we need to communicate in our industry. Bullhorn has allowed PMC to keep up to date with our clients' needs in positions and our candidates interests and success to meet their goals. Bullhorn is a computer software program progressing with the times of recruitment.

Pros

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand - well both of my hands technically - click the mouse with my right hand and type with my left hand when need be. Bullhorn is easy to use, easy to read, it's organizational, it gives you the ability to edit and delete incorrect notations and through contact with Bullhorn's Support Services we've been able to have the software edited for an addition of information that has helped us understand our consumers better to meet their needs. What is most loved about Bullhorn on my end as a Front Desk Agent is having the ability to create and edit templates. I am on the phone from 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday speaking to candidates and clients. Through all this beautiful chaos I am also transferring our customers to our recruiters, payroll admins, and directors. With the opportunity to build and create templates, I have been able to color code, have the message set up, ready to go, and tag my coworkers for knowledge all within a matter of seconds whilst assisting someone else at the same time. There is not a perfect experience to dedicate knowledge here as I successfully complete this task every time. Could not ask for a better resourceful and system.

Cons

Every perfect piece of software comes with its defects. No person is perfect and nothing they create is perfect either. Bullhorn is stubborn in the category of taking extra steps. When I receive resumes via email, I can simply parse them in no strings attached. However, if I try to parse a resume that has been sent via fax, the option is not there. As a user, one must add the candidate, save the candidate and then go back and merge if the candidate is already on file. A lot of baby steps but doable when need to be done. When candidates apply through our website, Bullhorn is outstanding and automatically merges the file into our system. Sometimes if the candidate is already in our system, Bullhorn merges the two files together and sometimes the software does not which creates confusion for our notetaking and reach outs. Thankfully knowing this, I am always 100% on the lookout for those doppelganger files and ready to merge them to create less confusion for my coworkers and our clientele.

Darshan

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Excellent Recruitment Platform

Collaboration between many other teams which is used in hiring process is a lot easier using Bullhorn. It helps us to keep each and everything track in a timely manner. Mass Emailing is the effective feature where you can send emails to many candidates whom we are exactly looking at without a candidate knowing them that it's a mass email because the mail looks as if you have sent the mail personally.

Pros

User friendly complexity is reduced a lot compared to the old version of software. It has an option to save the visa status of the candidate. Tracking candidates and updating their status if they are available in the market or not is easy. Using it couple of time makes you an expert in it. Picks up the exact candidates which we are looking for based on the key skills which we have used. It has an option to leave notes which helps other users in the same company to know in the candidate is interested or if any others have reached the same candidate. Each user has his own dashboard to check the number of submission done and the interviews. total number of candidate on boarded. Its lot worth than what we are paying . Loading time is less which helps us to reach many candidates with short duration of time. All the mails sent to the candidate is saved in the history which is more helpful. You can find the candidates profile by just making a search be his address or name or by his contact number.

Cons

if the resume is in the PDF format then this cannot be downloaded in the DOCX format. When we are facing an issue we don’t have a source to gain knowledge about it only the training of this software is given at particular time. I see that there is a bit delay in the customer service response. When we open three to four new tab and open new jobs in each and refresh the highlighting part will be interchanged.

Richard
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Comprehensive Design

Bullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more.

Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws.

With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating client and sales data, as well as candidate data. With Bullhorn, the integration was seamless. All of the data was easily uploaded into our established Bullhorn database and we experienced no downtime.

As a Staffing Agency, our entire organization uses Bullhorn CRM. Bullhorn is our main recruiting tool allowing us to easily manage sales leads, candidate leads, and all levels of the staffing process. It effectively addresses the time issue; this tool saves us a great deal of time by organizing each of our processes in a general tab format.

Pros

Organization - The layout of the Bullhorn interface is simple. This makes training new users easy and makes working in bullhorn stress-free.

Detail - Bullhorn allows us to enter and retrieve a great amount of detail within records. This allows for accurate reporting and follow-up.

Customization - Bullhorn is very customizable. We can easily add components and fields to the interface within each function of the CRM.

Cons

User Interface - Though highly customizable, the windows and popups can be quirky. The sizes of windows for example can sometimes be to small for the data contained and require a great deal of scrolling to navigate through.

Email Capability - Bullhorn would be better with a full service email suite which included all of the functions of MS Outlook for example.

Data speed - We all want to work faster. Bullhorn can sometimes be a bit sluggish with the transmission of data.

Brian
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 1/3/2017

Excellent ATS System

Bullhorn is an excellent ATS system for recruiters, allowing for tracking of candidates and requirements through the entire hiring cycle. Bullhorn even allows for the ease of Resource Management with the ability to keep track of when projects are scheduled to end. The User Interface is very user friendly and intuitive. Configuring Bullhorn for the look and feel I want is also very simple. The functionality to be able to track emails to and from both candidates and hiring managers is a fantastic tool which helps in looking at history, both for future hires from hiring managers as well as to see interactions with candidates and employees in the past.

Pros

Excellent user interface with the ability to have various tabs on candidates so that different parts of the organization can see what they need.
Tracking of emails with both Candidates/Employees as well as Hiring Managers/Client Contacts
History is kept of progress through each job
Candidates can be in the process for several jobs at once
Search is very easy to find candidates in the database that match the job. It is also very simple to search for past jobs that may be similar to see candidates that had previously been successful.

Wendy

Reviewed on 2/10/2017

Bullhorn helps to bring standardization and simplicity to the recruitment process

Bullhorn becomes part of the fabric of your organization and definitely not something that you could live without.

Pros

Bullhorn helps to streamline the recruitment process by allowing your jobs, candidates and placements to all be in one place at your fingertips. You can create a simplified workflow on each entity so you can see what has been done, what stage the record is at and helps to keep your process on track. The reporting is easy to use and allows for follow up with your team members.

The list views are very easy to train and once you understand one, you can navigate easily through the system. Training becomes easy because the tool has a standardized look and feel.

Cons

There are a few areas within the application that you do not have the ability to configure. If these area had configuration ability it would be great. The overall application has tons of customization and configuration ability but those few small areas that don't really should be inline with all the other areas.

Venugopal
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/8/2018

Connect to Bullhorn and Get to the next level of CRM

Pros

It is one of the best CRM I have ever seen in my life. In today’s Business-to-Business (B2B), the communication isn’t limited to 1 on 1 conversation, it is now converted from one team to another team. So we are unable to record all the conversation, that’s why a concept had been aroused in form of Bullhorn so that we are able to record all the important information during conversations. It is very easy to use and is very efficient in its working. Variety of functions can be found here, mainly for searching and sorting information and for reporting data as well. The reason why I said it be one of the best it is just because it offers best customer service in the industry as well as get updates in every month. Here, you can post jobs easily and can set reminders. Lots of customization is also available here.

Cons

Even though it is a great software, if it provides more flexibility on a mobile device then it would have been great. Another tremendous problem is that it is very costly i.e. not affordable for everyone even if one wishes. That’s the only thing in which it lags the most!! However, Timeouts in times of active workings is quite cumbersome, so that should also be improved. Moreover, it causes a lot of glitches like will throw you out if parsing or updating of resumes is not done properly. It also has some difficulties and issues regarding tracking multiple branches, reporting due to tracking issues and many more.

Steve

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

There's better alternatives especially for the $$$

Not impressed - good product, mediocre customer service yet one of the most expensive choices.

Pros

Did a decent job in all aspects but never a great job.
Product-wise it was decent to good
FAR better than Tempworks in functionality
A true CRM/ATS with modern-day capabilities - as most of the top 20 ATS's have

Cons

Customer service was lacking during presale, implementation, and during our migration
No help with "best practices" therefore they rely on their customer base to figure things out for themselves versus acting as professional advisors
Their initial salesmen were extremely "high pressure sales oriented" NOT focused on clients needs, wanted to close the deal
Ease of use is lacking therefore employees are reluctant to embrace it.

Wendy

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Bullhorn CRM- Quick and Easy to Configure and Use

Easy to get your teams up to date and configure.

Pros

If you are already using Bullhorn as the ATS, it is easy to get your users up to speed on the CRM as it is the same look and feel. The users are familiar with the features and easily able to navigate through the Leads and Opportunity process. The email tracking is great as it allows others to have the same information on the lead without having to speak to the lead owner.

The opportunities component allows to track longer term prospects and projects that could come to fruition in the future. It is an easy way to track and keep up to date on task and activities that need to be done a future date and time.

Cons

It would be great if you could take a lead and convert into a Job instead of creating an opportunity and converting to a job. This is if you use within the staffing industry.

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Would be lost without it...

Pros

Bullhorn has helped us streamline considerably. It tracks everything from texts to emails by user and candidate/client.

Cons

There are so many features that are "so close" but not quite there yet. I do believe they will get there but it takes longer than anticipated for improvements to be implemented.

Richard

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Comprehensive Design

Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws.

Pros

The integration. We are able to integrate third-party software into our platform which allows us to work from one tool. We save time and money as a result.

Cons

With so many features, the user interface can become cumbersome and imperfect.

Rebecca

Reviewed on 25/1/2017

Bullhorn's Features Stand Out Among Other Options

I have been using Bullhorn for almost one year and am overall very pleased with the features and functionality of this software. I have changed roles at my company, from a recruiter position to a sales role, and have found that both interfaces are easy to use and easy for new members to learn quickly. We rely on Bullhorn very heavily at my company for data integrity and compliance, and rarely have any issues with it.

Pros

In my role as an account manager/sales position at a recruiting company, I am responsible for setting up many in-person meetings with our clients. Bullhorn is capable of sending meeting/calendar invites to clients through the software, which makes it easy to run reports on my activity levels. I rely heavily on the "tasks" feature within Bullhorn to send me reminders and have found that I reference my notes within the tool very often as time goes by and I have trouble remembering little details about my clients.

Cons

I don't like how Bullhorn automatically uploads all of my emails between my client and myself to their profiles in Bullhorn. I'm not sure if this is something that was set up by my company or if it is a standard feature of Bullhorn, but I will sometimes send emails from my personal address to avoid them being accessible to everyone in the company.

Cathy

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Bullhorn

I have been using Bullhorn for many years and my experience always have been wonderful. There has been a few times it went down but we fixed quickly. There are a lot of functions to know and learn but it does everything and can do anything you need to be successful.

Pros

I like Bullhorn for many reasons. The ease in using it; the amount of different thing you can use it for; the technical support is great and retrieving reports are easy to get.

Cons

The least thing I like about BH is when it goes down; it does get fixed quickly tho. There is not much else I can say as it does the job very well for me.

Alex
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

Very positive - Adaptive Globaliation

I am not part of the decision team for internal software but from what I can see, we have a very happy partnership in place.

Pros

Easy to use, great tool in general. Best recruitment platform on the market.

Cons

stop logging me out after 30 minutes of use.

Jarit

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

Give 60 days cancellation notice before your contract ends or it will renew.

Pros

It's simple. I used this ATS/CRM at a previous company, so I stuck with it. You don't have to have a separate software like salesforce for the client mgmt.

Cons

Sometimes you have to login multiple times with your password. I don't have this problem with Wells Fargo or any other online passwords. Just bullhorn.

Sometimes the automatic resume parsing icon doesn't work.

It can be a little expensive for a basic account. One hundred a month is more then I pay for a premium Linkedin account.

Tasks could me more streamlined to include fewer clicks to edit the date/time/etc.

I got suckered into another year because of their 60 day cancellation requirement. If you don't notify them 60 days before your contract is up, your contract will automatically renew.

Brian
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 1/5/2017

A Cadillac ATS.

Not only happy, but impressed, with this ATS.

Pros

Customer service has proved to be one of the main reasons I continue to be so happy with the Bullhorn product. I've spoken with numerous individuals for tech support and, while never having talked with the same person twice, have always enjoyed really great support - and even received ideas on thinking outside the box on how to utilize the ATS to best suit my specific needs.
I'm also a big fan of the marketplace. Bullhorn, in my opinion, is teamed with some great partners which just strengthens its ease of access.
I also like the periodic updates and videos that highlight changes to the interface or new features.
There's a great ease of use that comes with this ATS and the customization is unlike any I've seen before.

Cons

Price wise it's more on the expensive side, but I'm happy to pay the amount given what I receive in return.