FloQast Reviews

About FloQast

FloQast, a provider of accounting workflow automation software created by accountants for accountants, delivers an Accounting Operations Platform that enables organizations to operationalize accounting excellence. Trusted by more...

4.8
4.7
4.8

Browse FloQast Reviews

Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 4/8/2023

Great tool for visibility and review

FloQast uses CSMs to keep in touch with the customers and keep customers up to date. The support team is extrememly responsive and can help you work through any changes you want to make.

Pros

Overall platform helps for overall visibility into reconciliation issues globally and drives uniform use for accounts and reconciliation methods. We also rely on the auto features to highlight unexpected general ledger accounts changes and errors in journal entries.

Cons

We don't have many cons. We are excited that FloQast is developing tools to help expand the use.

Price and configurability
nicholas
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 5/10/2023

Increase viability and efficiency with FloQast

FloQast has been an amazing experience. The integration and rollout of the product was truly easy and the FloQast support team was second to none. FloQast has made close more efficient and more visible which has allowed our company to close faster and focus on process improvements.

Pros

The integration of FloQast with our ERP system was seamless. FloQast is a simple and ease to use product which helps with rolling out the product to the business and adoption of users. The product has helped give visibility into the close process at each operation business unit and helped us gain more efficiencies in the close process. Additionally by utilizing the perm file - we are able to how desktop procedures and other important information in one place that helps with onboarding new employees/retaining knowledge.

Cons

The Compliance function i believe needs to be built out more. While this is a new product with FloQast and constantly being improved, AuditBoard is currently a solution that is better for a public company's needs/

Reasons for Switching to FloQast

The ease of use and cost.

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Floqast allowed us to efficiently implement a month end close process making review easier

Better insight into our month end close for timeliness and accuracy.

Pros

The pros are ease of use and modification. The website is intuitive to use and has good visuals. The ability to link to our existing process allowed for easy implementation and instruction to our staff. The customer support has also been great with short response times for almost any issue. The FQ team have regularly reached out regarding additional items that could be added to the platform as well.

Cons

One of the cons we have run into is our use of OneDrive but some of our connectivity issues are not attributed to Floqast specifically. The biggest downside for our use of the system has been the inability to separate reviewer and preparer from having something due. If the preparer has not completed the task it is still shown as open for the reviewer. This also affects analytics as a reviewer can't control the timeliness of the preparer in some cases.

Top FloQast Alternatives

Emma

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Floqast helps me stay organized and stick to close and reporting deadlines

It has been massively helpful for me, particularly when it comes to close. Prior to using Floqast I was using a checklist on Excel, and now I'm not sure what I would do without FQ.

Pros

Floqast is very easy to use and is visually quite simple. I love that it shows a screenshot of due dates and how far along tasks are so I can tell just from a glance how close I am to finishing close, or other projects. I can put my weekly to-do tasks in as well so nothing slips through the cracks. The weekly to-do lists that are emailed out are also very helpful in deciding what my week is going to look like and where my focus should be.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about Floqast. It can sometimes take a few minutes for the Trial Balance totals to update, but it's nothing outrageous.

Nick
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 15/6/2023

Great application for early stage startup to mature public company

Chef's kiss!

Pros

I love the ease of use, customization, and scalability. FloQast is a must-have tool to optimize your MEC processes. When I joined my last company, we had ~300 reconciliations and only ~150 checklist items. At the end of our close optimization sprint, we had over 600 checklist steps. The increased documentation allowed us to improve consistency and efficiency, and allowed us to facilitate team changes (both planned and unplanned).

Cons

Last time I checked, the bank rec automation tool wasn't fully integrated with our banking system and ERP, which didn't allow us to maximize the efficiency of the tool.

Sleek UI and UX
Cristina
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 5/10/2023

Floqast is an excellent platform to help streamline the close process

I would choose Floqast time and time over. I've been at other companies that have not adopted a central close platform and it makes a huge difference in knowing the status of close and who/what needs most attention to push close to the finish line. The Floqast team is always responsive and open to critique and you can tell they really adore their product and care about making it better by constantly producing value added features for its end user.

Pros

Floqast allows your whole month end process to be viewed within one easy to use website that syncs with the some of the biggest ERP systems. We can get real time updates with a click of a button which allows us to be in the know when it matters most. Long gone are the days of emailing for approvals and forcing even more items into your work inbox. Floqast can easily communicate in Slack and other communication apps to alert you immediately of items needing your attention. The auto rec recon functionality also carries the ability to replace cumbersome excel recons. Overall it's a fantastic, affordable, and cutting edge product that I would recommend to any size accounting/finance team.

Cons

Floqast is still in the improvement stage of some of their features which are a bit more time consuming then they could be. The uploading of account recons require you to go into folders, remember which folder your rec is in, and scroll to upload. This could be improved by just allowing a recon to attach directly on the recon tab of Floqast. Another area that could be improved is auto rec sync with ERP systems because it picks up any new additions in your GL but will not remove any items you may have removed/reclassed out of that specific GL account. With numerous hands in one account, this causes some headaches not knowing when items are removed and remain unmatched in the recon.

Jenna
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 14/6/2023

I would 100% Reccomend

We keep a lot of our records in here and give our auditors access to these checklist items, so this has saved us a lot of time storage space for our documents!

Pros

I like the Re-mind feature the most, if any reconciliations need to be taken care of on a timely basis it will make sure that I get reminded that this item is still pending for the day. I use Floqast every day and its made a huge difference in my department's productivity.

Cons

We are currently not using the auto rec because my department heads are concerned that items will be missed if using the auto rec feature. Looking into it, it gives you the option to accept the pairs or decline pairs so it would be of great use to us, this is what I like least, the fact that we are not using Floqast to its full potential.

Dimuthu
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

FloQast review

FloQast provides a great dashboard view of your close status and it will allow us to manage the close in an efficient way within the prescribed deadline

Pros

FloQast is a great period management software, and it provides greater visibility into our month-end close progress. FloQast functionality allows us to track reconciliation and checklist items separately

Cons

Honestly, there is not much shortfall to mention here but it would be great to have an option to link supporting docs (stored in a cloud base) that are relevant to the reconciliations

Aneta

Reviewed on 5/7/2023

Favorite Month-End Close Tool

Pros

FloQast makes it easy to stay on track with our month end close. It is connected to our accounting software and makes reviewing reconciliations seamless. It it also super helpful in making sure we are on track, meeting our deadlines and when needed identify blockers or delays. Overall the interface is very user friendly and it is my favorite month-end collaboration tool ever (have tried two other ones but this is by far the most user friendly one).

Cons

One thing that can definitively improve is Slack integration. Would love to see slack reminders for reconciliations that are due but have not been signed off yet, currently the feature is only available for checklist items.

Movindya

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Pros

Easier for Finance and accounting department to work together efficiently during the close process. Automates various aspects of the financial close process, reducing the need for manual, time-consuming tasks and potentially minimizing errors.

Cons

Nothing specifically to mention here for my scope of work in Floquast

Stephanie

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Incredibly helpful!

We've really cleaned up our books, quickened our close, and kept cleaner records now that we have an easy way to roll documents along from month to month. We used to use a shared Excel checklist to keep our organization streamlined during the month-end close process, and now we have this great and handy tool to check off in a much easier way. It used to take our boss an hour or more to get all of our end-balances in a list to start the Reconciliation process, and that's an hour of her time back that she now has due to the roll-forward features of FloQast.

Pros

I like the Reconciliation and Checklist functions the best, which is essentially the entire platform, so overall, this system works great and is incredibly helpful for our month-end processes. Their support team is excellent in responding to questions and concerns, and for once, a company actually has a useful "FAQ" section.

Cons

Nothing, I would seriously recommend this to any accounting team. Maybe the only thing that bugs me is the speediness of the Refresh button, but that's very minor in the grand scheme of things. Plus, they have been very responsive in any suggestions or critiques we have of small feature improvements, and many of them have already been fixed in the few months our team has been using this software.

Stacey
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 11/7/2023

Great Tool for Optimizing Close Process

FloQast has the best employees, they are the most responsive and helpful staff I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

Pros

Integrating FloQast was super easy and the team bought in right away. Tracking monthly reconciliations is a high priority so being able to assign individuals and get visibility to completeness is critical.

Cons

I can't think of one thing that I dislike about FloQast!

Janet

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

First time user of the software

Pros

Ease of use. Great resource during a close because at other places (heavily dependent on an calendar in Excel), it can be difficult to assess what parts of the close are complete without constant follow-up. Sometimes messages can missed or mis-understood. Floqast eliminates the confusion.

Cons

Enhancements to Floqast Reminders (ie dates to be set whenever and however often)

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 21/7/2023

FloQast Is Awesome!

Pros

Ease of use and intuitiveness. Also i really love that everything stays together I don't have to go hunting for backup documentation.

Cons

I do not have anything to add here as I have not been using the system long enough to find any issues yet.

Sonja
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

FloQast - can't imagine the monthly close without it!

We have been very happy with FloQast, it has helped us reduce time off of our close and not miss any reconciliations or close tasks.

Pros

Helps our team stay organized and on schedule with our close deadlines. I really like the Flux Analysis as helps us dig into potential errors with coding of bills and shows variances in a clear and concise format.

Cons

The weekly task feature, it doesn't seem to work like I want it to

Connie
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

FloQast is a well-designed software that utilizes up-to-date technology

The support and implementation staff at FloQast is top notch. They are accountants that speak the same language and the really go above and beyond to answer questions and provide support.

Pros

The element I like most about FloQast is the visibility it provides to a manager or controller in the status of multiple entities in a consolidated close process. It links to the accounting system and general ledger and allows review, all in place.

I was part of the implementation of FloQast and it was easy and intuitive to use. By using software tags, the utility is unlimited. I have worked in accounting for many years, attempting to link data from multiple systems. I can say that FloQast does honestly does this.

Cons

Because the software is powerful and user-defined, if you don't have a clear objective to your use of FloQast, your users can get lost in its functions.

Dani
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Reduced our close time by half!

Pros

I appreciate the checklist and work-flow allowing for a quicker close. Each staff member understands what they are responsible for and is notified when variances or changes in balances occur. It has allowed us to maintain more organization and close much quicker than in the past.

Cons

The refresh and loading times can often be very long. There is also glitches often. I wish there was also an app option!

• Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

Great for global teams!

We started as a small team of me and two others, where I was doing the main account recs. We were not able to reconcile all the balance sheet accounts and the month-end close process was loose. Implementing Floqast forced us to put together a formal close checklist and allowed me to easily assign tasks to the others on the team and hold them accountable. We're now a team of six people in two countries and the visibility of Floqast across entities allows me to know exactly where we are in the close process and at what step we're running into issues.

Pros

I love the ease of use and ability to quickly add new users and entities. The user interface is well thought out and allows users to quickly learn the software.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Floqast.

Nikhil
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 6/11/2017

Good tool to keep track

Pros

Keeps track of checklist and outstanding items, keeps updating changes in accounting software, highlights imbalances.

Cons

Desire for more - I would like to use the tool more on the analytics and enhanced review. Keen to see what new features keep coming in

Sunny
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

An very useful tool that we rely on

Pros

The Check list has been very useful, it is what we rely on to complete our financial close month after month. FloQast helps us manage workflows, properly allocate tasks among team members, and monitor progress. It is simple to use and easy to modify. We are happy with the system.

Cons

For someone assigned as a "Preparer" for some tasks, and as a "Reviewer" for other tasks, it would be nice to have the ability to filter the Check list just as a preparer or just as a reviewer.

Claude
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

An upgrade to our month end process

Pretty good, support was awesome and online trainings are really well done

Pros

Balance sheet reconciliation with GL Linked is a must for our organizations.

Cons

Flux analysis is not linked yet with Business Central

Faaria

Reviewed on 1/5/2017

FloQast is a user friendly tool that has helped us organize and control our close process.

Pros

The customer support team is fantastic- very helpful and the response time is instantaneous. The tool is also pretty user friendly and intuitive to use, this has allowed minimal downtime when adding new users and cut down on training time.

Cons

We experienced some minor road bumps with google syncing up on a delay but that was resolved. We look forward to all the updates and additional functionalities the developers are making.

Cathy
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Effective and Efficient

Pros

I love the visibility FloQast offers to our closing process. The interactive dashboard is a great snapshot with filters, making it efficient and effective for viewing progress, and navigating to specific task for review and sign off.

Cons

I honestly have not encountered a con with FloQast!

Patrick

Reviewed on 5/7/2022

Excellent software to manage B/S recons and M/E close

Floqast helps with SOX, month-end organization, and reduces the impact of employee turnover.

Pros

* We had Floqast add the "Reconciling Items" field to the B/S Recon screen to see at a glance what issues are open in the Balance Sheet.
* Quick Filters in the B/S Recon screen make it easy to move between views
* Internal auditors can depend on the Checklist and B/S Reconciliations for SOX

Cons

Floqast has a great opportunity to train or reinforce with their new (and existing) users what a B/S recon is.
Most companies I've worked at used data dumps.
Force users to describe each account and add instructions for reconciliation.

Tracy
Tracy
  • Industry: Nanotechnology

Reviewed on 19/8/2021

Tracking is so easy with FloQast!

This was extremely easy to use. My supervisor could customize on the fly, and add or edit tasks as needed. I was not available for the initial release and training, and still found it very end-user friendly. I now use FloQast extensively and am working with my supervisor to add more to the program.

Pros

I am an Individual Contributor. Having FloQast track my tasks and deadlines makes it so much easier! Getting email for due dates and past due tasks keeps me focused on my priorities.

Cons

The only suggestion I would have, is that multiple tasks due on the same day are not in the order I need them to be. My tasks build, so task D cannot be completed until A, B and C are complete.