About Sortly

Sortly Pro is a cloud-based inventory management solution that caters to small and midsize businesses across various industries. Key features include activity tracking, location tracking, inventory management, barcoding and audit...

4.1
4.1

Browse Sortly Reviews

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Great for small business inventory

We have an enormous amount of holiday inventory that we needed to keep track of with pictures. We use Sortly to help us keep track of what we use each season, which assists us greatly in purchasing of new product for the following season. It also helped immensely to track what items we had sold out of, so we were never in an oversold situation with our customers.

Pros

Having both the desktop and mobile versions was great. Easy to use, very intuitive and self-explanatory. Allows you to make it as complex or as simple as you need it to be.

Cons

Some small glitches, but those were easily fixed with updates.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Perfect for Camera Equipment

Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros

What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons

A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it.

I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

Brianna

Reviewed on 10/8/2021

Absolutely no customer service

Pros

Pictures. Would be relatively easy to use with Pugh all the glitches

Cons

Have had nothing but problems with this program. It is very simple programming errors that they seem not to care about or address at all. Every time we have had issues, we try to call, but there is no number they just make you email. However I receive a response saying they will get back to us and then never respond from there. We are basically just communicating with a computer system with no human interaction.

Problems we have: (1) website doesn’t communicate with app and is severely delayed. (2) Items don’t update when you edit them. For instance, I change a quantity on an item, press save, and it doesn’t update. Have to do that about ten times or more for it to register. Causes major problems. (3) when you move like items back into a folder, they don’t merge. So if you have 2 of the same item, move one over to a stage, and then move it back, it duplicates the item instead of merging back with the original.

OVERALL LOTS OF PROBLEM AND ABSOLUTELY NO HELP ON BEHALF OF SORTLY. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BASIC INVENTORY SYSTEM WITH LOTS OF GLITCHES, THIS IS FOR YOU!

Top Sortly Alternatives

Asset Performer

EZOfficeInventory

Robert

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed.

I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Pros

I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed.
I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Cons

I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have.

It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort.

I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action.

It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

Reviewed on 19/1/2019

Great product for what we need

Great experience. Easy to setup, print labels, tag, and track. We know who has what, when. I have recommended this to others as well.

Pros

Being able to asset track our equipment. We know who has what or what they have checked out quickly and easily.

Cons

I do wish they had the ability to attach multiple assets to a single user without have to set it on each item.

Kevin
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

Easy to use for basic inventory needs

Overall Sortly has solved some of our problems with inventory management but to implement it on a wider scale it would be impossible to use as is.

Pros

Ease of use, simple to add and delete inventory.

Cons

Not being able to sort part numbers within the app. I wish there was a text only option to scan through inventory items easily without having screen real estate taken up by product pictures.

The general layout of information, part number, lot number, etc should be editable. Especially the order in which it appears on the app.

Labeling needs some help. Being able to set a specific QR code per item and reprint that specific one would be a really nice feature for inventory management.

Being able to use a standard label printer to make labels vs using a sheet and standard printer. Or make your own thermal printer to use Sortly branded labels with the app!

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

Totally loving this for our company.

We are able to keep track of all of our inventory & what items are sent out to what locations as well as keep track of what is coming and going within each exact room. We are so happy that we can import from spreadsheet the information on other locations so that we can keep track on them as stock arrives without granting access to those workers to our inventory software.

Pros

Customize-able in almost every aspect. Totally tailored to us.

Cons

Originally it was not available on Android, but now that it is, we have it on the cell phone too. :)

Gregory

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

very easy and intuitive at the same time.

Pros

this software is easy and quick when dealing with inventory. I like how everything is set up and ease of finding my folders and subfolders. I also like how you can use the excel import to also add the items.

Cons

wat I lease like is if I use a desk top/laptop, adjusting inventory is a little bit different than if I were to use my smart phone. using a laptop I can not adjust the qty of items I want to move it moves all of them; compared to the smart phone it gives me the opportunity to enter my amount that I want to move. also I wish there was a way to adjust the inventory with the excel import. it makes it a lot easier when dealing with large amounts inventory. I wish the excel import would allow to merge the items together instead of making a whole new item. it would be nice if the excel import could also minus the inventory.

Brandon

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

it works well, syncing can be an issue at times but overall good product

Pros

easy to use. simple scan codes for inventory tracking. Can use it across all my devices, iphone, iPad, and Mac to always be up to date.

Cons

syncing can sometimes be an issue. obviously with an inventory tracker a difference of even one can make a difference. it has got better, especially after going to the pro version.

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 21/1/2019

Great system that has really helped our business

We have a wide inventory with multiple uses. Sortly has helped us consolidate information in one convenient location and given us the opportunity to see all aspects of our inventory under one 'roof.' The check-in/check-out process is quick and easy for anyone on our team and even though we don't use some of the tools that it offers, as our business grows it is nice to know that we have a system that can accommodate our diverse needs.

Pros

The software is user friendly, offers a lot of practical functions, and offers the exact needs for our business. Using it has kept us more organized, more efficient, and has saved us time and money.

Cons

The one feature that I would like to see added is the ability to move items in bulk based on a custom number, not the entire inventory.

Kiley
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

SAIL Loan Closet

The Customer Service has been immensely helpful to us in understanding how the app can be used to best suit the needs of our specific Loan Closet project. We had been doing things in a roundabout way and the Customer Service team was quick and kind to point out a better way to use the app.

Pros

Super fast and easy to inventory new items due to how intuitive the set up is. It has been very easy to teach other people in our office how to use the system! We can also see the exportable CSV files being a favorite feature for monthly/yearly reports in the months to come.

Cons

Twice we lost several entries/data due to updates or system errors. We were unable to recover that data which was frustrating.

Jonnathan
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/1/2019

Great service with friendly UI

IT's great, they are very helpful via email. The ipHone app is great, and so is the web app. Very responsive, and newbie friendly.

Pros

I love the friendly UI, it is really easy to use.

Cons

There's some missing inventory features that are missing, but I am sure will be added in the future.

Austin

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

Great for keeping stock of our warehouse

Pros

simple to use and a great UX we had everything set up in a day for an entire warehouse.

Cons

not an easy way to deduct items from the total count without recounting and just changing the number

Jason
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 4/5/2019

Great Standalone System for Internal Inventory

We are using this product to track and organize a couple hundred different consumable items. This helps us to maintain a minimum inventory, and be alerted when items run low. Our usages is very dependent on the current workload and project requirements, so some parts may sit for a while, but then get used up quickly on short notice.

Pros

Cost is very affordable compared to other products available. Flexibility to be smartphone and cloud based makes it accessible. Easy to setup and maintain.

Cons

Not easy to download/change/upload entire database.

Anthony

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

great user interface. Intuitive, and great customer services

Pros

I like how it is user friendly, and an excellent organizational tool. I love that I can customize it to my organization. And I think the mobile app is excellent.

Cons

I wish there were better search options, and I wish I could capture items directly from the internet and add them to the software (like Pinterest's website browser button). Additionally, I feel like the visual graphics could be improved

Deven
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 21/1/2019

A great product

Pros

- ease of uploading pictures and adding instant tags for future reference
- Being able to create instant presentations to forward to clients. Great for speeding up sales process

Cons

- the software is missing an option for filtering items through multiple tags. Right now, we can select a single tag for filtering. More needs to be done on this front.

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Works great for simple inventory tracking.

100% tracking of our inventory with barcode scanning from cell phone and cost/price separation.

Pros

I like that this supports multi device use, barcode scanning from cell phone and price/cost separation.

Cons

sometimes inventory can give a false number or not fully updated information about a product on a different device than scanned and input from.

Xavier

Reviewed on 20/1/2019

Sortly Pro - Mobile Rehab

We have completely overhauled and streamlined our inventory/asset management processes with Sortly.. we have no complaints and will continue to utilize Sortly Pro going forward

Pros

Ease of use, simple functionality, strong and versatile capabilities

Cons

Tracking history/review of movement among folders

Carolina

Reviewed on 16/2/2022

Does what it needs to but isnt the best

Pros

Sortly was pretty user friendly and helped us with organizing our inventory. It allowed for pictures and barcodes which was useful for similar products.

Cons

The barcode scanner was only available on the phone which we did not want our employees using during work hours.

Alex

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Overall great. Wish there was a better way of entering inventory faster.

Pros

Love the UX and the feature set. Also love the mobile app. Overall a great product that is easy to use across a team.

Cons

Wish it had more integrations. For example, an integration with UPS or Fedex to automatically enter packages that arrive.

Dan
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/7/2018

Very well made - Great for basic and flexible inventory needs.

Pros

This software works extremely well, the structure of it is brilliant. I love how it integrates with dropbox and creates a filing hierchy.

Cons

I don't like that they introduced the pro, and started charging, but they need to make money some how :)

Anthony

REAL DEAL VALUE INVENTORY

Pros

LOVE how simply it is and the cost isn't a huge burden!

Cons

Nothing, this great! Can't find any complaints!

Justin

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Sortly has been a great help to our small garden.

It's the only software I know of that logs the inventory in such a user friendly fashion.

Pros

I like that it makes our inventory easy to search as it looks for any word within the description or title. I also like how simple it is to add photos.

Cons

The price tag seems a little high. The annual jump is a lot considering there are not many differences between the two. We needed additional logins and printed reports, otherwise, we would have stayed with Plus.

Kelsey
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Adoption is key.

increasing visibility of sample inventory to outside sales team. we've not fully implemented yet, so we're still waiting to see what kind of difference it makes.

Pros

It's digital and trackable. We have multiple outside sales people who need access to sample inventory and may or may not be in the office to view what is on hand, so it allows them to see what as been checked out and who has the sample currently. Our previous system consisted of a paper sign out list that people didn't really use.

Cons

each user has to have individual accounts. it's taking a long time to get all of our inventory loaded into the app. Internally, we're working on adoption of new technology, and getting people to use it consistently, but that's not based on the app

Justin

Reviewed on 2/8/2021

Keep Track of Construction Inventory

Pros

Sortly makes it easy to track inventory so you know what is on hand at all times.

Cons

Printing the labels for the inventory could be more intuitive, there is a way to print multiple labels on one sheet but it is somewhat difficult to discover.