About HoneyBook

HoneyBook is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution designed for small businesses. The solution helps users manage business processes from inquiry through to invoicing. HoneyBook lets users manage projects,...

Browse HoneyBook Reviews

Michelle simmons -. Michelle simmons -.

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

The BEST investment for my business

Love love LOVE HoneyBook! I've been using it for several years now, and can't imagine using anything else instead. And their customer service is QUICK and helpful for the few times I haven't been able to figure out how to do something.

Pros

It keeps my business organized and on track! From digital contracts and invoicing, custom brochures and questionnaires, to email tracking and a simple way to see what step I'm at with each project, HoneyBook keeps me on track.

Cons

The worst part about it is getting started, but even THAT is pretty simple with their "concierge service" where you can send them your current forms and they'll digitize them for you!

Penny L. Penny L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Best choice I made for my business yet

Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

Pros

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

Cons

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

17hats

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The pricing at the time was really affordable to get into. I did the one time purchase instead of a monthly fee. They were super helpful and explained they would put all my company details in for me as well as add my email templates and my collection pricing for invoicing. They did this and it was a breeze to answer right into. Also, they have their mobile app so I can reply, invoice and book clients on the go from the convenience of my phone.
Jennifer A. Jennifer A.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Love Honeybook!!

Customer service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The program helps me manage all of my couples' needs efficiently and with ease from the first contact to follow up after their wedding ceremony.

Pros

Honeybook provides many tutorials to help you get the most out of the program. Setting it up is fairly simple and worth the effort for the ease of use in managing your clients and how much time you save when using the features such as email and contract templates and task management. I love having everything about my couples in one place - the contract, tasks, payments, all messages and any notes. Plus, I can see the details at a glance and love the ability to integrate my own pictures so my clients and I can all see the beautiful eye catching graphics of my choosing.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I thought I liked my old program a few years ago, but when it went defunct and I had to change, I was so grateful I was forced into an upgrade. I did not know what I was missing. This program simplified the management of my business beyond what I thought was possible.

Top HoneyBook Alternatives

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks Online

Javier C. Javier C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 25/4/2020

Makes your Creative business Look 👀 and run like a champ!

I was able to put different packages together with pricing that reflects the complexity of the events, such as weddings or corporate events that require more interaction with the client's for planing and venue walk-thru’s which will require more of my time to finalize the bookkeeping side of things simpler. Less complicated events are priced lower allowing me to book more events based on The amount of time I spend with the client versus actually the work that needs to be done giving me more time being creative and last time running the business.

Pros

I have been with HoneyBook since it’s inception, I was fortunate enough to be one of the founding fathers. In the beginning, what attracted me about the platform was the ability to focus on getting my clients booked quickly by keeping everything in one spot through the iOS app or web-based interface and it has been relatively easy for them to use as well. They were already an amazing company with an outstanding product, and with each update they release, they continue to exceed my expectations and help me run my business on the go by making the complicated tasks seem quick and easy. BEST INVESTMENT EVER!! Thank you so much for bringing me and my entertainment company to the 21st century!!!

Cons

Definitely Would like to see a review questionnaire or rating system with an HTML generator plugin that could be used to post on my website or google ad. Updated training videos for the new features.

Jessica B. Jessica B.

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

HoneyBook is a lifesaver!

I love HoneyBook because it's easy to use and if I can't figure something out, I can easily ask! The customer service and care is golden!

Pros

I love the brochures and proposals features. It makes things SO easy for me and my clients! I also love that I can use HoneyBook for project specific emails, so I have everything in one place!

Cons

It's not really a con, but I don't use the community aspect of the platform. I'm sure it's amazing too though. 😄

Rae H. Rae H.

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

Best CRM!

Honeybook has given me the confidence to run my business like a boss. When I send clients proposal, contacts and invoices I look and feel professional. The user interface is clean, easy to use and navigate.

Pros

I really like how well thought out everything is. Honeybook meets my business needs on multiple levels. It's given my business the structure that it needed. My business looks good every step of the way with custom brochures, questionnaire and well drafted contracts. I started using Honeybook at the start of the pandemic and was amazed at the customer service. Honeybook stepped in to provide it's community with webinars and resources on how each business could navigate the pandemic. They went above and beyond and for that I am grateful.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Honeybook

Marian M. Marian M.

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

I couldn't live without HoneyBook

I use Honeybook to communicate with my clients from day1, I use it to send proposals, service brochures, drafts of projects, invoices. I use it as my overall project management system to make sure I'm on top of everything and I use it manage my expenses.

Pros

HoneyBook saves me mountains of time by organizing all of my projects in one place, and allowing me to to track every detail of each project in an organized and easy way. This was the only system I could find that would allow me to communicate with clients, send proposals, attachments, contracts (that can be signed!), collect payments, track tasks and project phases, and manage all of my expenses in the same place. It's so intuitive and the HoneyBook team is incredibly available and helpful.

Cons

The ONLY things I dislike about the software are very minor. I wish that I could customize the project phases more, I wish that I had a live stop/start time tracking feature, I wish that I could customize the wording of my payment reminders, I wish that I could send an invoice from a proposal without duplicating the payment in the project (clients ask for that for their records), and I wish there was an iPad app.

Laura S. Laura S.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/4/2018

Excellent platform for making my design business both faster and look more professional with...

I got my life back and my business is doing better than ever!

Pros

So I was stuck spending tons of time neglecting friends and family trying to make ends meet with my freelance design business. One day I said enough is enough so I went out and tried a lot of all-in-one software products for people like me.

I tried out 17hats. It was buggy and missing some key features. I tried Dubsado and their platform was minimal and just didn't "flow" with my creative business style.

After a couple other platforms, I gave HoneyBook a try as a friend said they loved it and wow did it fit like a glove. It took a little time to get it fully ready to mesh with my business, but this is the real deal. I get paid faster, clients are signing up for more and more projects and having a one stop shop to run my business versus going between a bunch of free products like spreadsheets, email, invoicing ... I def recommend this to anyone looking to take their creative business to the next level.

Cons

no cons really, only thing I could have done was sign up for this sooner and really focus on spending the 2-3 hours getting my business plugged into HoneyBook as soon as possible

David L. David L.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

I wish I had this two years ago!

Before using HoneyBook, I had so much trouble trying to keep track of multiple projects that were at different points in our process. That, mixed with the issue of trying to go back and forth scheduling with clients, plus the back and forth of getting contracts signed and chasing payments was a nightmare. Now, I finally have a system that keeps that all in one place, and allows me to give a streamlined, seamless experience for my clients. Honestly, it's helped me feel more confident about the rates we charge for the services we offer, and that's worth its weight in gold for me.

Pros

Being able to send a single document to a client that lets them view an invoice, sign a contract, and pay electronically all in one place is insanely helpful at keeping up the forward momentum with projects, and keeping things as simple as possible for my clients.

Cons

I run a video business, but we don't shoot weddings or events in the same way that regular videographers do, so being able to remove some of the "wedding-oriented" settings would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker (i.e. "budget, guests").

Trello

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I'd heard good things about HoneyBook from another business owner in my network, and I liked how intuitive it seemed from YouTube videos I'd watched and from my time using it in the free trial.
Justine R. Justine R.

Reviewed on 8/5/2021

Amazing program!

Pros

I love how it organized my business for me and has streamlined so many of my tasks. Having my inquiries go right into honeybook from my contact form, forming a client profile and I can send invoices and contracts right away and keep notes on each project is amazing. Being able to access it through an app on my phone is also amazing!

Cons

It did take a bit to figure out how to use it and get it set up! But totally worth it!

17hats

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Easier to use, more options, visually more appealing
Jeneve D. Jeneve D.

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

My Clients LOVE Honeybook!

Oh my gosh, Honeybook has made my life SO much easier. As a freelancer, it is easy to drop the ball when you are only one person with multiple clients and projects. I love that there is a separate task list for each project that only I can see.

The client portal makes me look so hi-tech to my clients and they love it!

From the moment I paid for Honeybook, the support team made me feel a part of the family. They are super helpful, and the live orientations and video tutorials are beyond helpful. Most of all, I love how the tools in Honeybook inspire me to sell well, and more often--like the contact form, the brochure feature, and the email templates. Overall, a great platform.

Pros

The invoicing and contract system. I love that my clients can sign contracts digitally just by opening a link in their email. The interface is perfect, too. Friendly, but not too 'bubbly', so you still feel like a professional ;)

Cons

Honeybook has a ways to go with the calendar feature, like inviting clients to events and scheduling meetings. But of all the things Honeybook has to offer, this doesn't ruin the experience for me.

Amy F. Amy F.

Reviewed on 16/7/2021

Honeybook keeps my business running!

I love it, honestly. I was very easy to learn to use after struggling with a CRM that was so technical and overwhelming. I was able to quickly set up contact forms and a system for onboarding my clients.

Pros

I love the automation of Honeybook. I can set the workflows to operate when I am not at my desk. My clients can easily book a time with me and and invoicing is easy! I love having all my systems on one Platform.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the delay in the payment to my bank. Also, I can't figure out how to get an attachment to go in a workflow email?

Haley W. Haley W.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 19/9/2020

Great for small business owners (of 1)

Overall, this software has been the best investment for my small design company of one! HB customer service is stellar, and I can only imagine that it will continue improving.

Pros

I like how integrated HoneyBook is. There's a scheduler that integrates with Google Cal, a Chrome extension you can add to Gmail, and it connects with the contact form on my website.

The templates are SO helpful and also connect with one another for internal integration within the HB platform. When you send a client a pricing brochure, they can click what they'd like to invest in, then you can turn it into a proposal and a contract in one. They can review their project services, payment plan (set up auto pay - YAY), and legal agreement.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a bit more customization within the templates for brochure layouts to stay on brand with fonts and better, more custom image blocks.

Janessa H. Janessa H.

Reviewed on 27/2/2021

Get HoneyBook! You will NOT regret it!!!!

My overall experience was very good. I would highly recommend this software to anyone and everyone, big or small businesses!

Pros

I love how I am able to keep track of all my clients and every single thing I have sent to them!

Cons

I honestly haven’t come across any issues yet! I love everything about HoneyBook!

Shannon C. Shannon C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Our Best Investment

HoneyBook is the single most profitable tool we have implemented in our business. The automated processes have save us so much time and made us much more profitable. Also, customer support is always so helpful!

Pros

We loved how this software streamlined our business by creating automated processes to give us more time to work on our actual work. It made us 10x more profitable!

Cons

In the beginning, it did not have many options to make the software look on brand from a client’s perspective or much flexibility and changing the design of brochures and templates. As a creative business it is important for our pieces to look custom designed, even down to our contract. This has improved significantly over the years!

Paola P. Paola P.

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Selling creative services is all about visuals!

The ease of having everything in one place and the clean look of its client view.

Pros

This is a stunningly beautiful tool for creatives. What I like the most is that it helps make it easy for the client to understand the value of my services, as it helps a lot with the perception they have of me. People tend to think our line of work is something they can do themselves or have done for less or free... Up until they realize everything that's behind the services we offer, and that they can rest assured they'll get a quality (photography coverage, in my case). So when they first get a beautiful honeybook quote, I have a head start already.

Everything I used to cover with my previous studio management tool is there: calendar view, online contracts, reports, etc. The quickbooks integration was the make or break for me, and I'm glad I went with this tool because it makes it SO much easier every year.

The team collaboration aspect of it also is a fave of mine. Since I'm using this, I've quit 3 different apps/tools and now everything happens in honeybook. If that's not powerful and helpful, then I don't know what is!

Cons

The only thing missing would be user levels so that I can give specific access to other members of my team. I use the team collaboration for many things now, but it would be more helpful to have restricted access instead.

I kicked one star only because this is no longer such a necessary feature for me, but I still find it useful for users at large.

Beverley T. Beverley T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Missing the one crucial piece for an all in one business system

The customer service and sales rep I dealt with were really great. They totally understood my situation and I didn't feel pressured into subscribing when they knew how important the Company Name field was for my business. Everything about Honeybook is great and I would subscribe in a heartbeat if they added that field!

Pros

I loved the availability to add visuals to almost everything created in Honeybook. It really helped reflect my brand to clients and potential clients. The dashboard is intuitive and not confusing, everything is where it should be!

Cons

My one gripe about Honeybook, and the reason why I never ended up subscribing is that they are missing an essential field on the client information side. There is NO place to put the client's Business/Company Name. I work with individuals at businesses, but when it comes to invoicing or bringing up their information in Honeybook, I was unable to invoice the client under their Business Name. Instead I had to invoice them by their name, which is a huge blocker as I'm not invoicing an individual I'm invoicing the Company they work for. This was such a critical field and working with their customer service and sales rep, it had been requested in the past by others but never implemented. It just blew my mind how everything about Honeybook can be amazing but they don't have a field for Company Name!

Eleanor R. Eleanor R.

Reviewed on 16/2/2020

Excellent tool to manage postpartum doula clients

Pros

I love that it is so comprehensive!! Everything from automatic inquiry entry and questionnaire from my business website, to invoicing and payment processing!

Cons

Some things I would love to see added at some point: ability to add some custom information to client invoice receipts. Also, a link for clients to schedule meetings or shifts based on the availability that I enter into my calendar

Response from HoneyBook

Hi Eleanor, Thanks for your feedback! We wanted to follow up to let you know our new Scheduling feature is live (in case you didn't hear about it already). This will help your clients schedule sessions based on the availability you've set. To learn more check out this article (https://intercom.help/honeybook-5891e2a409ff/en/articles/3712730-video-tutorial-creating-new-session-types).

Replied 12/3/2020
Bree T. Bree T.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Couldn’t Run my Business without it!

Amazing! It genuinely doesn’t get any better than Honeybook!

Pros

Everything! Every piece of Honeybook helps me interact effectively with my clients, stay organized, and create a seamless, quality experience for each client. Their customer service team cares and goes the extra mile to not only help you in any way they can, but they truly consider ways to improve and make their customers’ lives easier. It helps me save time and stress, and I have no idea how I would run my business without it. It has changed my life and given me my life back, and I cannot recommend Honeybook enough.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. It’s flawless, and every time they come up with something new, it’s something I never knew I needed. There’s nothing to not like!

Shanna S. Shanna S.

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

I'm finally Organized

It's just been wonderful! Once I sat down and spent the time to set everything up the way it suited my business, I couldn't be more happy. I am still working on tweaking it to suit my needs, but the ease of use and all the features are really incredible. I think my favorite part is that I can track my income and expenses as well as send contracts and collects payment and email clients all in one place. After researching and doing trials on other products, Honeybook was definitely the right choice as I can do everything I need for my photography business in one place instead of hopping around to different programs to get what I need.

Pros

I love that I can get my contracts signed ahead of time and easily collect a booking retainer. Now my clients can pay online and it goes straight to my account. My first client loved how easy it was to sign the contract and pay. The email automation is also a great feature. I am a small one man show, but hope to grow my business so my focus was on the business side of things this year and this was definitely a step in the right direction.

Cons

It's a little tough to maneuver when you are just getting started and don't have brochures and pricing options/packages established that they can set up for you, but the customer service has been great and there are a lot of tutorials to walk you through.

Katelyn F. Katelyn F.

Reviewed on 13/5/2019

Love it!

I love how Honeybook makes building my business to be so seamless. Any time that I have a question or concern, Honeybook responds right away! Their support team is immediate and so helpful.

Pros

I really love having everything in one place! Brochures, questionnaires, timelines, contracts, payment plans, etc. It sends both myself and my clients reminders to open docs or make their payments. Overall, it helps keep me organized & looking professional to current and incoming clients. I love Honeybook!

Cons

I think that there needs to be an out of office feature. I never want clients to think I'm ignoring them. That is the one thing that I think would make a HUGE difference. I have already suggested this to Honeybook many times, so I hope they introduce this feature soon.

Crystal W. Crystal W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/5/2020

Entrepreneurs! Need an easy to use CRM interface? HoneyBook is the move

Overall, I highly recommend HoneyBook to those looking for a 1 stop CRM solution. It allows customization, integration, and helps me book MUCH faster, with a more polished presentation.

Pros

-Simple, Clean and Customizable interface
- Can be used for multiple product/service offerings
-It works for multiple industries and business types ( Consulting, personal services, creative services, even products/retail

Cons

There are still some developments in the works:
-the HoneyBook app needs more functionality for folks on the go
-calendar syncing is not always accurate (depending on the service you use)-
-hoping the add text response soon *fingers crossed*

Keap and todo.vu

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

It offered the set of software solutions that I needed at the price that worked for me
Heather W. Heather W.

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Love Honey Books

It’s been a great experience. I have saved a lot, and I will continue to use it in the future.

Pros

Honey books has been a life saver is so many ways. It has given me the ability to spend less on items that I would have otherwise spent full price on. Whether that be for my own personal office or for my children’s bedrooms. It very in genius about easy to use.

Cons

There really isn’t much that I don’t like about it. Some stores are not currently with honey books and that would be my only true complaint!

Michelle T. Michelle T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Learning more as I use Honeybook

Pros

I love how Honeybook has contracts and scheduled payments for my clients. The automation is wonderful. I am a one-woman business and I need all the help I can get. Honeybook does some of the work for me and I am sure as I learn more, it will benefit me even further.

Cons

Navigating the software takes some time to learn but honestly as does any product. I am still not using Honeybook to it's fullest potential.

Bethany B. Bethany B.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

A very straightforward CRM

Pros

I loved that I felt that I could instantly understand HoneyBook's interface. HoneyBook's team clearly puts time into prioritizing visual appeal and customer understanding, and that makes the software appealing to use. I particularly loved that I could set up and implement a contract, invoice, and payment workflow in just a few hours with minimal stress.

Cons

The price! HoneyBook is more expensive than competitors and periodically hints at future price increases. The current price is workable, but anything more expensive would be unaffordable for my small business.