About Waystar

Waystar is a cloud-based revenue cycle management platform for healthcare systems. The solution is used by organizations of all sizes to manage administrative and clinical functions. Key features include insurance verification,...

Browse Waystar Reviews

Cyrena A. Cyrena A.

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Using Navicure for the 1st time was fairly easy.

Easier way to find the reason of the rejected and denied claims daily.

Pros

Navicure is absolutely great for daily reporting! There are various reports that can be review such as the daily productivity, rejection and denial type on your claims. You can work them by the denied reason, insurance company or the dates of service.

Cons

Some of the rejections reason/descriptions are not that clear and sometimes will need the help from customer service to determine the best way to fix however here is short wait time to get assistance. The rejection also sometime duplicate in more than on category but when one is completed it does remove it's self from the other categories as well.

Carrie R. Carrie R.

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

Choose Another Company...much better options out there than Waystar

I haven’t been happy with the service when they were NAvicure or Waystar.

Pros

I didn’t feel that their software was very useful.

Cons

The company is costly. There clearinghouse isn’t very effective with all insurances. I had to manually bill some insurances since their clearing house couldn’t do it. They charge you extra to find out about denials. When you have issues, you can’t reach customer service well. There customer service isn’t good with getting back to you. When you leave their service, they require 90 notice to get there money. When you give notice on April 24, they cancel you on 7/30 to get as much money as they can. By the way, my renewal date was June 1, but they still made me go to 7/30 to pay them. When asked to talk to a supervisor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Customer Relations kept telling me that I had to pay up to 7/30 or could pay all 90 days fees now to be done on 4/30. I asked 3 times for a supervisor and didn’t hear from anyone. They just want money and don’t care about their customers.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing Waystar

Cost effective; telehealth; easy to use; great customer service

SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Waystar

It seemed ok at the time.
Carmen M. Carmen M.

Reviewed on 25/2/2021

Waystar After a Year...

Major benefits include: ease of use for end users: billers and financial counselors. Support & training during conversions.

Pros

Our Company has been converting our electronic billing vendor to Waystar from a large competitor in this space. Our initial rollout of hospitals began over a year ago. The conversions have been successful thus far. Our frontline users report an easier user experience and our core registrations/billing/collections system interfaces nicely with the Waystar product. We use Waystar for IN-Institution and in some cases PF-Professional electronic claims submissions & follow-up, ERAs, and Patient Payments. So far, the customer service has been better vs. prior vendor.

Cons

There are some Waystar system enhancements our conversion team has asked for which are being reviewed/addressed.

Top Waystar Alternatives

Elana H. Elana H.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Waystar has helped to bundle processes into one solution. Ins verification, Claims, and patient statements are all in one system.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Offers several different functions for the providers office that allows us to streamline processes.

Cons

Every time I log in to the system, I have to agree to terms of use. There should be an option to agree to this in the beginning and not have to do every time.

Thierry J. Thierry J.

Reviewed on 25/4/2018

Zirmed provides excellent revenue cycle management, it is easy to use and responsive

Pros

For my company, this product offers revenue cycle management and auto insurance verification. Contracting with Zirmed has allowed the organization to speed up their verification process and provide visits to patients faster.

Cons

As with every service, the software is not infallible. Quite unfortunately so, since it is an accurate product. Where it fails is with insurances that are not verified or for those that do not reach the clearing house, the insurance processor has to revert to a manual process to verify eligibility.

Jenny B. Jenny B.

Reviewed on 19/9/2017

From sales to accounting to support, all the employees have honored the 3 ring rule. Everyone...

Expense! Although I do experience the value of your product and services as positive. I really think Symphony should be the standard application for users. There is so much more to help a biller get their work done and information available at their finder tips!

Pros

I especially like Perform Reporting for the fee schedules and payments. The graphs and drill down gives us many options to choose from. Claims appeal process is swift and the pre-written appeal letters really help a lot. It is a time saver to correct the claims in Navicure. I only have to change my claim status in ECW. Now that we are on Symphony I have more choices to look over and use. We are able to look at the ERA denials as well which has been very helpful. More information and drill downs.

Valerie L. Valerie L.

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

Waystar Customer Service

Poor...I am looking to change clearing houses. Which says a lot as changing clearing houses is not the easiest thing to do

Pros

Waystar's Dashboard is easy to use and basic clearinghouse function is good.

Cons

Customer service is poor. When Navicure was purchased and became part of the Waystar product line, service was excellent. They were helpful, knowledgeable and you felt it was well work your money. Now it has become a self service vending machine that provides little assistance unless you spend considerable time on the phone. I have not had a correct invoice from Waystar for 18 months, the enrollment people do not follow up with the portion they need to do for enrollments unless you are constantly emailing and my main "pet peeve" is when you start a new provider, even if you call and set them up as part time, the first claim will automatically trigger them to full time and you must constantly stay on top to make sure you are not over charged. If you deactivate a provider license and a single old claim comes through, Waystar's policy is to IMMEDIATLEY ACTIVATE TO FULL TIME STATUS. This is for a single claim. They are absolutely not interested in customer service.

Denise N. Denise N.

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Waystar is amazing!

Overall we're very happy with the software and would recommend.

Pros

The process of selecting claims to bill and seeing what you've already submitted is easy and the ability to correct claims on the spot is such a time saver. We are able to see payments in about 7 days which is helping our practice stay financially stable

Cons

Some of the graphs are difficult to use but I didn't go through the entire training on that so that is on me.

Jennifer K. Jennifer K.

Reviewed on 26/9/2018

Great EDI Product!

We have been using multiple modules of the product since 2010. We have reviewed and tested many other competing products over the years, that promise the same functionality for a lower price, but when it comes down to it none can compare!

Pros

Easy to use, and Track your Data, for Electronic Claim Submission, Remits and Patient Payments.

Cons

it is somewhat difficult to report on data for multiple locations at one time.

Angela M. Angela M.

Reviewed on 25/9/2017

excellent customer service and knowledgeable reps

We are a start up business, and when I got hired the system was already in use, this is a new system so I am stilling learning it , but use it mostly for see checks, and submit claims, and work rejections

Pros

One stop shop, can submit claims, see checks, see claim errors, resubmit claims, still learning system, but customer service is always available to assist with any issues or questions which is greatly appreciated

Cons

going back and forth to different applications within the systems screens without having to log off, or timing out too soon, also if claims are worked, you should be able to color code so that you will know those claims have been worked and will know which ones need to be worked

Nicolle T. Nicolle T.

Reviewed on 19/9/2017

Have been a satisfied customer since 2007 and remain that way today!

Pros

Easy to use software. Great graphics. Fast responses. Great customer service. Great product. We look forward to many more years of partnership. Have not had any negative software or customer service issues. Navicure is always responsive in acknowledging concerns. Great product.

Malik G. Malik G.

Reviewed on 25/9/2017

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use. I am able to track easily all claims sent and also it helps in knowing the denial reason and assists to a great extent in knowing how to correct a denied claim.

Cons

Sometimes not satisfied with the response from the customer support. But Customer support still get a 4 star.

Mary B. Mary B.

Reviewed on 18/9/2017

We transferred from another clearinghouse to Navicure and the transfer was seamless.

Ease of reviewing reports and denied claims

Pros

The ease of use is great. I can review denied claims easily and correct right there. As Billing Manager I am able to see all biller's claims whereas they can see just theirs.

Cons

Some of the EOBs do not auto post correctly so we find we are manually posting those, but otherwise most do autopost correctly.

Altrina T. Altrina T.

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Waystar

Pros

I love the dashboard, and rejected claim dashboard. I can make corrects and resubmit claims directly through waystar. it shows all the history. we can verify most insurances including medicare on waystar.

Cons

it take to long to receive the same/similar information back from medciare. other programs that I have used in the past the information comes back instantly. I don't think I have ever been able to get he information in under 5 minutes on waystar. also there has been many time the same/similar function was not working. I also wish there was a way to get the payments run in waystart to post automatically into our system and we need more auto options.

Lenner M. Lenner M.

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Reports

Pros

I use the product mostly for the monthly reports, it is really nice to be able to drill into the claims

Cons

I don't like that it do not link to our current emr

Mai S. Mai S.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Poor customer support

We switched our EMR system and when asked to port our account no one seems to have any quick resolution. We are going on the second month unable to bill and access our account. Customer service will promise to call and don't. And when you answer their questions of preference to your account nothing is done until you call again. And no one can help you except for the first person that started the case. And it's a complete run around of no one being able to communicate. They instruct you to do something and then another person says you can't do it. Then tells you they need sales to call you back to get it set up and no one calls. Just a simple answer of how much and what is needed to port your account will be like building a house from scratch! Maybe they've gotten too big that they've hired techs and customer service that are not trained in their own product.

Pros

comprehensive payer list and easy function

Cons

extremely poor and slow customer service.

Lauren R. Lauren R.

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Not very user friendly

Transition from Zirmed has been alright, definitely think it could be more user friendly.

Pros

I do like that the claims go through a rejection process prior to being submitted to the insurance company.

Cons

The rejection messages given are extremely confusing. Very hard to figure out how to fix the actual problem.

Nathan W. Nathan W.

Reviewed on 24/1/2018

Navicure has been an excellent partner in revenue cycle management

Pros

Navicure has been an excellent partner in revenue cycle management. It's ease of use and intuitiveness is first rate.

Sherry S. Sherry S.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Waystar Review

Pros

I like the dashboard, it is easy to use.

Cons

Although the dashboard is easy to use, it takes awhile to figure it out.

Elizabeth J. Elizabeth J.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

ZirMed claims

I find that ZirMed is on top of billing regulations. Claims are easy to correct. Adding insurance is a bit tricky as it removes information which has to be re-entered.

Reviewed on 28/2/2018

Great, easy way to see front-end rejections and access transmitted claims.

Pros

Separates each client by system and shows individually and total rejected claims. Can see claims of all statuses at any point in time.

Cons

So many e-mails about every little thing and multiple each day. Really easy to cancel claims even if the problem was not fixed.

Doug C. Doug C.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 13/6/2018

This provides a solution for your medical warehouse billing

Great way to simplify claims processing.

Pros

If you are a large practice, this program can save you time and money by simplifying the claims processing for you.

Cons

If you are not a large practice, this may not be the best choice. I have been on paper forms for quite a while and it is difficult to change.

Altrina T. Altrina T.

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Waystar/Zirmed

Pros

what I like most about waystar/zirmed is the ability to perform most of the functions I need with one program, I can verify most of the insurances we use including medicare and getting same/similar information from medicare. i love the rejected claims dashboard and how I can sort to be able to notice trends. they show the claim rejected by waystar/zirmed and claims rejected by the payer. patient payments are easy to use to make payments and have the ability to email a receipt immediately for a payment you took. but what I like most about the patient payments is the ability to set up an autopay this can be done with ca credit card or through a bank account. there are so many great functions with this I cannot possibly write them all down. a new function that was added when they switched from Zirmed to Waystar was the homepage. it allows you to set a homepage so now when log in it takes me the remit tab where I can see payments. we use waystar as our clearinghouse and submit and receive claims, remits electronically and can autopost payments from waystar to our billing software which cuts down on time if we would have to manually post.

Cons

I would like to them to add a way to have an open-ended autopay. if we have a patient on oxgyen and it rents forever we still have to put in a total amount so at some point it will stop.

Brenda H. Brenda H.

Reviewed on 31/5/2020

Great product for a great value

We started with Zirmed and transitioned to Waystar. It was flawless. It's easy to use. The value is excellent. They have a huge list of insurances OR you can have them send a paper claim. We were working with an older (outdated, frankly) practice management software and Waystar worked with us so we could still upload claims. Editing rejected claims is very easy. There are also Premium products you can buy if you would like to streamline your RCM such as code look up and insurance verification.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Their customer service has always been very responsive.

Cons

Medicare Secondary billing is clumsy. (Not a Con but) there are several features we don't need/use. They clutter up the dashboard.

Dorota L. Dorota L.

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Great resource

Overall Waystar has been invaluable to our company. It's a one stop shop for us for claims and payments.

Pros

This product is contracted with most insurance companies to submit Professional or Institutional claims all in one place. And, it also provides electronic remittances. Product is very easy to use and customer service is always there to help. We only use the product for claims submissions, remittances and patient billing. We don't use it for eligibility checks.

Cons

I don't like that we sometimes have to wait months for customer service to come up with a resolution for any claims issues we have. And, sometimes it takes weeks for a customer service representative to work on our cases. We also wished to would give us more details on patient eligibility, but they don't and so we don't use it for that.