Nifty Reviews

About Nifty

Nifty is a new-wave project management tool that reduces project development cycles and improves team productivity by combining all of the important features of project management into one software. The end result is milestone-dri...

4.7

Browse Nifty Reviews

Mheljon
Mheljon

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!

I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros

Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons

The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Pricing. Nifty even offered a lifetime deal which is beyond a good deal.

Wrike

Pricing
Amanda F
Amanda F

Reviewed on 13/7/2023

Great for keeping all projects in order

I think it's great that there are checkpoints along the way. It's a visible reminder that I need to prioritize catching up on older tasks rather than adding more to my list right away. It reminded me a lot of Asana. I appreciate the timer so much since it allows me to keep track of my progress.

Pros

I was skeptical about trying Nifty because I had such a hard time settling on a task organizer that actually worked for me. Still, it outperforms every other task manager I’ve tried. It's easy to use, remembers everything I need to do, and sends me the most effective reminders of any app I've tried.

Cons

It doesn't appear that tasks may be linked easily with one another. There are some similarities to Asana, but there are also significant differences, such as the inability to assign the same task to more than one board or project.

Alex
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

Looked greener, but totally failing

Basically, terrible. The customer support was helpful at first, and now they just kind of leave our issues hanging and close the ticket. I've asked for a refund, as we would really like to leave the platform, but we cannot get one. We're stuck, and that's about it.

Pros

The top-down task view was great at first, and exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

After signing up, we found that with a lot of tasks, Nifty bogs down and has to take a lot of time to load things. Moving things around is sluggish and painful. The top-down task view doesn't add new projects as you add them - you have to go back and readd them to the filter.

There are a lot of terrible quirks, like the ios app, like the sidebar disappearing and such. On PC, the sidebar constantly reloads, and kicks you off the page. There are no notifications for DMs on the platform, so you can't go back through your daily messages unless you sign up for email notifications, and even then if you accidentally checked it there's no way to reset it.

Adding people to teams is easy enough for the administrator, but people won't see notifications in the chat until they initially click on it. The task does not automatically notify the next person on the list even if there's a dependency. The only way to get it to notify someone is through the kanan.

DM windows are too small and unnoticeable. The UI for the my calendar is terrible, since filters from my tasks or even all tasks can affect it. We have to constantly check if filters have been set up right.

The tasks list by tag number by default instead of the way you arrange them in the list, making it easy to miss deadlines. You have to sort the list by deadline every time you enter a particular project, and when you have 50+ projects, it's just inane.

Nifty does not offer refunds.

Top Nifty Alternatives

Adam
Adam

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Fast and helpful PM tool for business needs

All in all, I quite enjoy working inside Nifty and using it for almost all of my business projects and tasks.

Pros

For me the most important are:
- time tracking feature for each task, which allows us to track exact time needed to complete certain processes
- internal chat - which is helping us communicate without email,
- kanban and list view - which are essential,
- also swimlane and calendar views - are great additions
- Nifty docs - which allow creating internal documents
- ability to import Gdrive docs and sheets - and to work with them inside Nifty
- nice looking dark mode

Cons

What I'd like to see /or have improved in Nifty:
- improved subtasks - ability to create sub-subtasks
- more dependency options - only basic is available - "if A isn't completed, block B"
- more reminder options - utilizing email and SMS
- Nifty lacks the ability to drag the screen left and right with left mouse button by clicking anywhere (you have to click on the narrow bottom bar and drag your screen this way which isn't v. convenient)

Tayshiro
Tayshiro
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 24/6/2020

Simple enough and complex enough

Nifty helped me to view my projects as projects needs to be, but also is a run and gun tool. You can just open and start populating it as a trello board.

Pros

You can open and start managing your projects. Their support is fast and attentive. Google Docs/Sheets integration in incredible. It’s simple and quality-oriented. Not too many bells and whistles.

Cons

It’s not perfect yet. Since I started using it in January, the tool got more robust, but it still lacks some features as some ordering and filtering, but their support is already aware of it so I believe these won’t be a issue in a couple of months anymore!

Trello , Ora , Asana and Notion

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Too many bells and whistles from other PM tools slow down my tasks. Nifty has enough without Lacking features.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Nifty has a great UI/UX and it’s simple enough yet complex enough
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 6/6/2020

Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps

Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros

These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far:

* High level of control with project management but simple interface
* Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars
* Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators
* Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams
* Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons

Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Trello was the initial trail blazer but then they lagged behind in features and UX. Nifty combines most/all essential project management tools in one place.

Trello
Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 21/8/2023

The best project management and task tracking tool

As a project management tool, Nifty ranks among the best I've used. And it makes teamwork simpler than with any other tool out there. Monitoring how long it takes to complete individual jobs is another useful performance management tool.

Pros

When it comes to the complexity of coordinating many projects, Nifty is taking the easy way out. It's great to see that they've integrated useful features from a variety of platforms while keeping the user interface (UI) straightforward.

Cons

We were not given the option to record voice notes, which would have been helpful in communicating the assignment to the rest of the team.

Chandan
Chandan

Reviewed on 23/2/2023

Probably the best project management tools I have used in past few years!

I have used tools like trello and clickup! But Nifty is like an all-rounder. It's very simplified for all type of users and is very very helpful.

Pros

1. Blazing fast2. Desktop and mobile app3. Usability4. UI5. Great features6. Simplicity7. Real-time notifiation

Cons

No default task reminders. Other than that, I thinks it's very useful and compact.

Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Usability and pricing of the product.

Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Nifty has more features in lesser pricing point
Stephen
Stephen

Reviewed on 5/7/2023

Full-featured project management tool

I started to use it for my agency career 2 years ago. Till now, I still like it. There are some bugs so that a few modules might not work sometimes. I regard it as an investment though many features are still not polished or delivered.The mobile app is also beautiful but lacks many features. It can be switched to multiple languages, but the translation is not very good.

Pros

- Fancy UI with night mode and easy to navigate- Project and task management- Custom fields support

Cons

- The form module isn't included in the Business plan, then I have to spend more to get it.- Search is not virtually available across all components.

ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

It's full-featured and had a lifetime deal at that time and I like the UI.
Sean
Sean

Reviewed on 21/2/2023

Great product and always working on new features to make it better.

It's been great and the support has been amazing. I keep using it knowing more features will come and that you listen to your users.

Pros

The options and how you can change settings per project.

Cons

My biggest issue is partially my fault but also could be something I'm missing. One thing that would make the Kaban layout perfect would be to auto move tasks. If it's "In PRogress" and I check the box, have it automatically move to "In Review" and notify anyone that needs to review it. Instead I have to manually move it over and it never gets checked. I keep NOT using it because I want it to keep moving down the pipline.I keep ending up using note taking apps as thats a huge part of how I work. If there was a way to intergrate with craft.do and even have my note be attatched to different parts that would be great.

Agni

Reviewed on 28/6/2020

Very easy to use but powerful

We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools.
Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros

This is what our team liked about it
1. Easy leaning curve
2. Chat feature within the system.
3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group
4. The design is great.
5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom)
6.integration with Github.
7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion.
8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons

These are few of things we didnt like
1. No integartion with Gitlab yet.
2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy.
3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's
4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow..
5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Ora , monday.com and ClickUp

Design and Chat feature

Freedcamp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

better pricing , nice design and easy to implement.
Nhien

Reviewed on 21/2/2023

The BEST Project Management Tool; I actually use it!

For me, it houses everything in one place that I regularly reference, so my notes, my links, accounts, reminders, tasks, schedules, everything is all in here so I don't have to go to multiple places to handle client work.

Pros

I like the usability; it's very user friendly and my clients love how simple it is.I have used a few other project management software, but Nifty is by far my favorite. All of the features and functions pulled into one place.There are a few features that Nifty does not have like a Gantt chart, but I haven't used that feature in other software often nor have I relied on it, so so far, it's been wonderful for me. I've used it more often than I did my pro Asana account. Sometimes, having too many options leaves you not wanting to use the software at all, so I love the simplicity of Nifty. With that being said, there are still a lot more options and features that can be utilized - for those who use them - I just don't need anything incredible robust for my use.It's also really helpful for my clients to be able to assign tasks and see how far along we're coming 🤗

Cons

So far, I don't have any cons from Nifty

SuiteDash

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

I got a fantastic deal on AppSumo

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

I had to come back to Nifty. I actually originally purchased it about 2 and a half years ago during an AppSumo sale and back then, it wasn't as fluid as it is now.When I started using it several months ago, something just clicked, to be honest.
Cheryl
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/2/2023

Nifty is my best investment

My overall experience has been very positive. The few times that I've had any questions, the support team has been very responsive.

Pros

I love having the ability to communicate with my clients and staff all in one application. It's also easy for me to keep track of the various projects and notes.

Cons

I wish there was a ready-to-use CRM template that I can use. I think there's a blog posts that tells us how to use Nifty as a CRM, but I haven't had the time to sit there and get it done. So for now, I'm keeping things in a spreadsheet which isn't ideal.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

I didn't like the meeting feature (video was really slow), and projects were kind of cumbersome to handle.

Basecamp and Podio

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

At first, because it was a lifetime deal from Appsumo, but after working with it I purchased more codes and upgraded because it's the best system for me and my business.
Christopher

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used

We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros

Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows.

This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons

There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

I really enjoy nifty

I really like nifty, and we use it every day

Pros

It has (mostly) everything we need to get the job done

Cons

It could be easier for guest (our clients) to use. More customization for what the guest can see (get rid of overview take them straight to their project). Slow dev cycle - features take forever to get released.

monday.com

Pricing

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

price, and was hopeful that nifty would release features more quickly
Kevin

A Solid Choice for Project Management

I've been using Nifty for a couple years and keep adopting more features and integrating them into my project and planning workflows.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and learn quickly. You can use the basic features or customize as needed for your particular workflow. You can view tasks and project in multiple views - from basic tasks lists to calendars to gantt charts.

Cons

Enter manual time is a bit cumbersome...takes 3-4 clicks.

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Value - the cost was more palatable to comparable products. The gantt chart feature was easier to use than others at the time I was evaluating.
Micheal

Reviewed on 21/2/2023

Great bang for buck, fairly mature project management tool. Highly recommended!

Overall a good experience and I definitely recommend it. 👍

Pros

Simple and easy to use for basic project and task management.

Cons

Unclear help documentation and mediocre customer support. Some features aren't as mature as you expect them to be while others—like task reminders—are missing entirely.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Value. Teamwork is very expensive and Nifty meets 80% of Teamwork's capabilities at a fraction of the cost.

Teamwork.com

Value
Francis

Reviewed on 19/2/2022

One of the best scheduling tools for project management: Nifty

I turned on MFA for accessing Nifty account. I used Google Authenticator as the MFA app. When I changed the iPhone from iPhone 12 to iPhone 13 ProMax, the data was transferred from iPhone 12 to iPhone 13 ProMax successfully. Unfortunately, the data in the Google Authenticator, which includes the NiftyPM credential, cannot be recovered. Therefore, I ask Nifty for help. Your Nifty staff immediately caught my problems and report to engineers to see if the MFA can be reset. Well, although the waiting time is long, the problem finally got solved happily.

Pros

Nifty is one of the most sophisticated platforms which can be used for group collaboration. Online essential activities of projects can be effectively delivered, monitored, and control in Nifty. Nifty's progress bar is fantastic. The project members would be able to communicate instantly. The UX and UI designs of the platform are incredibly amazing. When any users faced any difficulties, the Nifty team always offered the communication channel for us so as to reach Nifty staff for any quick help.

Cons

Nifty has done an excellent job in developing the software tools. Not much thing to complaint here. What I dislike is that there is not online tutorials or documentations (even no user manual). With the manual, it helped the efficiency of the delivering the projects. I have to spend time and effort to learn how the Nifty works. I have a group of undergraduates and postgraduates who would like to try Nifty. Any training materials, or video samples (not the youtube), can be sold or gave to the Nifty Fan like myself. Anyway, offering the tools or add-on for reporting functions will be great.

Sofwane
Sofwane

Reviewed on 9/6/2023

Revolutionizing Project Management

My overall experience with Nifty has been extremely positive. The platform offers a comprehensive set of features that address various aspects of project management, making it a reliable and efficient tool for teams. From the moment I started exploring Nifty, I was impressed by its user-friendly interface, which made navigation and task management a breeze. The intuitive design allowed me to quickly grasp the platform's functionalities and start using it effectively.One of the highlights of my experience was Nifty's emphasis on collaboration. The seamless integration of collaboration tools and the ability to leave comments, tag team members, and share files within the project workspace greatly enhanced communication and teamwork. Real-time updates and notifications kept everyone informed, ensuring that tasks were completed efficiently and project progress was transparent.Nifty's project planning and scheduling capabilities were also commendable. The intuitive drag-and-drop interface and the ability to set task dependencies made it easy to create and manage projects effectively. The Gantt chart view provided a visual representation of project timelines and task dependencies, enabling better resource allocation and project planning.Additionally, Nifty's integration with other popular tools added immense value to my experience. The ability to connect with applications like Google Drive and Slack streamlined workflows and eliminated the need to switch between multiple platf

Pros

One of the aspects I liked most about Nifty is its seamless collaboration features. The platform provides a range of tools that facilitate effective communication and teamwork within project teams. The ability to leave comments, tag team members, and share files directly within the project workspace creates a collaborative environment where ideas can be exchanged, feedback can be provided, and project-related discussions can take place in a centralized location. This promotes transparency, enhances productivity, and ensures that everyone is on the same page. The real-time updates and notifications further contribute to efficient collaboration, keeping team members informed about task assignments, changes, and completions. Overall, Nifty's dedication to fostering collaboration and streamlining teamwork stood out as a notable strength of the platform.

Cons

While Nifty impressed me with its comprehensive features, there was one aspect that I found could be improved. The platform's mobile application experience was not as robust as its web version. While the web interface provided a seamless and user-friendly experience, the mobile app felt slightly limited in terms of functionality and responsiveness. Some features that were easily accessible on the web platform were not as intuitive or readily available on the mobile app. Enhancing the mobile app's functionality and ensuring a smoother user experience would greatly benefit users who rely on mobile devices for project management on the go. Despite this minor drawback, the overall performance and capabilities of Nifty remained highly commendable.

• Industry: Online Media

Great project management software

Pros

I've been using Nifty for several months now, and it has quickly become my go-to project management tool. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and use even for those who are not familiar with project management software.One of the things I love about Nifty is the ability to manage projects, tasks, and team communication all in one place. The team chat feature is particularly helpful for keeping everyone in the loop, and the comments section on each task allows for easy collaboration and feedback.Another great feature of Nifty is the ability to track project progress through the use of milestones and the project overview page. This helps keep me on track and ensures that nothing falls through the cracks.Additionally, Nifty integrates with a number of other tools, such as Google Drive, which makes it even more versatile and useful for my workflow.

Cons

While Nifty is a great project management app, there are a few drawbacks to consider. Here are a couple:Limited customization: While the interface of Nifty is easy to navigate and use, there is limited customization available for users. This can be a drawback for teams or individuals who have specific needs or preferences when it comes to organizing their tasks and projects.Pricing structure: Nifty's pricing structure can be a bit steep, especially for small businesses or individuals who may not need all of the features offered in the higher tiers. The free plan is quite limited in terms of the number of projects and users allowed, so it may not be suitable for larger teams or those with more complex workflows.

Yann
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/5/2021

A solid project management tool with a lot of room for team communication

Pros

I originally had known about Nifty before I finally purchased access to through an AppSumo deal months ago.

The one thing that has really impressed me is that it's a combination of two tools: a platform for project management and one for team communication.

Before signing up for Nifty, I had used quite many different project management tools and none and this unique mix. Sure, in other platforms you can communicate through comments in a task but sometimes you need more room to communicate with other members of your team, both in group and one on one.

Nifty does that: one the one side it lets you manage your projects, on the other it facilitates team communication.

This is huge because it turns Nifty into a sort of online hub for many aspects of your business.

Cons

While it's true that Nifty can replace several tools one may be using, it's a bit more of a pricey option compared to other project management tools (which may even come with a free tier).

Sure, the tool comes with a 14-day free trial but I think that, in order to really see its full potential, a user might need to use Nifty for more than just a couple of weeks before being "sold" on waiting to spend almost $40/month for its lowest pricing level.

It goes without saying that this is a company decision but I think that it's something that might potentially drive away users who would end up liking Nifty but just don't give it a chance.

Reviewed on 22/2/2023

Great product

I've used many communication and project management tools and Nifty has all of the features we need, many of the features we want and has been so nice to have it bundled into a single app.

Pros

It checks all of the boxes for what we need in a single application.

Cons

The mobile app can be finicky when trying to read messages in projects and in groups. Sometimes I have to restart the app to continue to read group messages.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Better features for the cost

Hive

Price for features
Amod
Amod
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 8/3/2023

NiftyPM is a fantastic project management software

Pros

It's very easy to use, very intuitive UI. We have been using it since the last 2 years and have been following their development and growth since then, the team works hard and keeps adding useful, practical features every few months. We'll keep using this as it's very flexible to manage all kinds of projects.

Cons

Sometimes, some integrations break (for e.g. JIRA). However, the team has been proactive, and they fix it in a few days. One more con is sub-tasks need more options. And my final gripe is lack of integrations, it needs to talk with a lot of other services FULLY. For e.g. even though they say they have an integration with Slack, there's no way to customize what updates I get in Slack (I want updates when a task is marked as DONE for example, that's not possible).

Jira , Basecamp and Asana

Reviewed on 21/2/2023

👨‍💻 NIFTY to one tool to rule them all!

It is a delight! our team has been onboarded and using the app like a charm!

Pros

When I stumbled upon NIFTY, it was a young startup that had done a lot of great work in encompassing all the major needed features in a simple-to-use interface! The Swimlane view is a time saver!

Cons

Currently, there are minor cons: 1. The app is growing fast, so the support is limited2. releasing new features is not as fast as one would anticipate, but nothing majorly blocking!

Trello , Teamwork Desk , ClickUp and Asana

Teamwork Desk
Rafał

Nifty is super slick!

I am very happy with Nifty and I will keep using it. I recommend you try it!

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and superfast. Nifty has got a local client if you want to make the work even faster. There are frequent updates that make me believe in the service even more.

Cons

I would like to see the calendar event description in the calendar view when I sync it with my Google Calendar. I would also like a more detailed information about what changes have been made in the updates.