About BlueJeans

BlueJeans is a cloud-based video conferencing solution that helps mid to large size businesses with text chat, content sharing, multiple participants and meeting recording. Blue Jeans delivers services through products including...

Browse BlueJeans Reviews

Erick K.

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

BJ for demanding videoconferences.

In conclusion, BJ has remarkable virtues, but the price is a bit high, I do not consider this the best option for small groups. And in my personal experience, I prefer Bluejeans for long sessions with a large number of participants; it definitely measures up.

Pros

The aspects I like the most about BlueJeans are the audio quality and the collaboration tools; the audio is one of the best experiences in video conferencing, plus it has extra features such as background noise suppression, automatic voice leveling of participants and spatial audio adjustments. In terms of group collaboration tools; it has great annotation tools... Like the presentation mode, dynamism of the shared content to be able to expand it, access to applications, live broadcasts, work sessions, whiteboard, among others. It stands out by far compared to other software.

Cons

The intuitiveness of the interface is not the best, I think it needs an update.
The connectivity problems have improved considerably, but still occur from time to time. The prices that Bluejeans handles for business demand, are not the most affordable in the market.

Ishrat J.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

Sessions in BlueJeans Meetings can be began as a simple click

one of the best cloud-based video conferencing platform that enables enterprises to host video meetings with ease.

Pros

With Dolby Voice positional audio, dynamic sound leveling, and background noise suppression, I'll be able to hear everyone clearly.
By clicking a button, I can add a video or audio call to any Google, Microsoft Outlook, Robin, or FreeBusy calendar invite without entering a PIN, conference ID, or password.
I can attend or lead meetings from anywhere you have an internet connection using your choice compatible device.
Whether in the office or on the go, employees may quickly host or join meetings using straightforward desktop or mobile software. They can also use a supported browser without downloading any additional software or add-ons.
I can share my screen with others during the meeting to encourage participation.

Cons

Despite the fact that I can exchange films between participants, BlueJeans does not allow me to send simple files or documents.
Some long-time users have claimed that the content isn't always recorded in its entirety, with parts missing.
In comparison to its competitors, BlueJeans has a greater latency rate.

Zoom Meetings and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to BlueJeans

Through live video conferencing, BlueJeans aims to break through the technical boundaries that exist between applications, computers, and conference room systems, allowing people to engage and work more efficiently.
Horacio G.

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

Not worth it

A previous employer switched from Webex to Blue Jeans because it was supposedly cheaper but we had so many issues with it that we ended up going back to Webex after a few months: constant audio issues, meetings disconnecting for no reason. It wasn't reliable at all.

Pros

As far as I know, it was cheaper than Webex and other alternatives

Cons

Audio constantly breaking up
Meetings disconnecting randomly sometimes

Top BlueJeans Alternatives

Jaclyn B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 4/2/2022

Great option for large organizations

Great option to have in our suite of programs for virtual meetings, interviews, and presentations.

Pros

Great for large organizations looking for an affordable virtual meeting software option. Works great across our large university.

Cons

Functionality could be more intuitive, user experience and design could also be improved

Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Switching to BlueJeans

We chose both in the end, but used BJ first and still use it when needed.
Surya P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 30/4/2022

Bluejeans Review

We have been using Bluejeans since the lockdown started and companies gave us WFH. It is simply a brilliant tool for daily meetings, and connecting with your teams and we have seen this product improvement in the last 2 and half years. They just have to check with their recent updates which cause a few problems which I have mentioned in Cons.

Pros

Easy and user-friendly video conferencing and online meeting software. We can share our screen where it has multiple options like sharing a particular app(for privacy) or sharing a full screen. Doesn't require software or application on the other side, they can easily join with web browsers as well. We can record the meeting as well if it is required.

Cons

After the recent updates in Bluejeans, there are some seriously lagging and syncing issues. Even if a person already left the meeting, he/she will still showing in the meeting for the next couple of minutes. If they joined user name will not be shown up to you for a few minutes so you will have no clue who is speaking from the next side.

Reviewed on 22/5/2022

Good videoconferencing tool

Pros

It feels straight to the point: simple yet effective

Cons

I had a little difficulty trying to set up a virtual background during calls

Webex, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet

Zoom Meetings
Salma J.

Reviewed on 6/4/2022

A pure class,popular and leading tool for video conferencing and online meeting.

Ability to communicate and collaborate with my colleagues and clients.
Instant messaging.

Pros

Ease to make HD video and high quality audio calls.
I can quickly join secure and productive online meeting sessions with others.
Instant screen sharing feature is amazing.

Cons

Meeting break-off as a result of poor internet connectivity can be annoying.

Esther T.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 14/5/2022

It has good collaboration functions.

HD image and audio quality is unbeatable, easy to use, flexibility to log in, Smart Features for meetings, but, some connectivity glitches... I simply recommend to try the free trial period.

Pros

Bluejeans is very easy to use, I can quickly log in from any browser (from Chrome to Safari) and we each have a private room in the cloud; scheduling meetings is intuitive, and best of all, I was able to link Bluejeans to my Google Calendar. Screen sharing is one of the functions that we use the most, with BJ we don't have to go from one platform to another, or make more installations because the service offered to share desktop or applications is quite good.

Cons

It has a trial period, but no free version. Most videoconferencing software has at least a basic free version, with no pressure and more time to analyze whether or not you should switch to a business plan. And since it is a paid service, connectivity issues should be almost non-existent. Otherwise, I would give it a 10 out of 10.

Arthur G.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Sophisticated and quite reliable.

We make videoconferences between large and small groups, taking advantage of the breakout rooms; it adapts to the different needs and the purpose of each session. I can say that it has worked excellent.

Pros

I can take part in the meetings at any time and place, Bluejeans is very easy to use, besides using the software on my computer, I have it installed on my cell phone, which is practical. The security of the calls, the video and audio quality, the functions available in real time for each videoconference, have made BJ an indispensable tool for our internal and external communication.
*The audio settings are also one of the best features of this software.

Cons

The only uncool part of BJ is the demanding bandwidth consumption.

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Doctor Bluejeans

Was a good product but with covid others caught up fast and we felt they were better.

Pros

Was easy to set up through the web interface
Used with our Huawei Video equipment as well
Multiply users without issues

Cons

Setup to IP server required some skills
When we started using BlueJeans virtual meetings weren't always stable

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

Good overall, always room for improvement

We use bluejeans for intensivied contact between HQ and our operating companies globally. Also in larger countries, sales teams use it for sales calls.

Pros

Bluejeans nicely (and stable) integrates with outlook (incl O365). Scheduling calls is as any other with the plugin

Although development on features was relatively slow from a user perspective, the last year Bluejeans caught up with newcomers by adding loads of new features, making it a true competitor (again)

Admin features are really nice, including command center (extra cost), giving the right insights in users, meetings and trends

And last but not least, it can connect anything to a meeting (apps, dialin call, roomsystem h323, even other platforms)

Cons

Video and audio seem more out of sync than with other solutions. Requires more bandwidth in comparisson (although not an issue in these days)
The background image option is causing high cpu usage (could be improved, but only causing the fan to blow harder)

On admin side: more reporting on users and sync between user mngt and command center usage reports would be nice (for example show historic meetings of all users vs users currently holding an account). Also time dimensions not always export properly to excel

Webex

Reasons for Switching to BlueJeans

Mostly our complex requirements for desiring to connect virtually any device (including h323, telephone, cisco telepresence etc) in one call
Stéfano B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

Great tool for companies with teams in different locations

Bluejeans is suitable for every enterprise meeting with teams in different places. It makes easy to connect, to talk through audio and text, also share video showing the team and sharing the screens, enabling the user to select specifically what he wants to share and hide everything else, which is very important for privacy and especially in a work environment. Inside the Company it offers integrated interface with Outlook for example which makes it even easier to operate, and the access for people from outside the company is also simple, making it a great option if you're talking with outside teams, suppliers, and others.

Pros

Easy to set up calls and have access links available for users from both inside and outside of the company. You can also share the screen for presentation, making it possible to share only one app and hiding the others (for privacy) or selecting which screens you want to share (if using multiple screens). Meeting recording is also available and is a valuable function for important and long meetings, to review the meeting minutes taken for future reports.

Cons

Connection sometimes lags when having too many attendants - for example, over 15-20; If BlueJeans could offer any mic filter software that would be great, sometimes people that connect have terrible mics that can every noise that's around and makes the meeting a lousy experience. Of course, the equipment can be changed, but a function to have a better noise filter within the software would be excellent; Easier connection for people outside the company, which don't have the app installed. Sometimes it is confusing for suppliers that are not used to the app and have to connect.

• Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Are All VideoConference Systems Alike?

We've been using BlueJeans for three years or so now and have seen the product improve and found it essential to handling remote work conversations and for bringing in our international team for all-staff meetings. It's difficult to pinpoint the cause when there are issues: lag and sometimes ill-synching with audio/video can have many causes throughout a network throughout the world so I won't put that on BlueJeans. It's a rock solid piece of software.

Pros

Screensharing and the ability to annotate on screen are really good features. The desktop and mobile apps are relatively simple, elegant in design, and don't suffer the feature bloat that many other vid conf systems suffer.

Cons

I honestly hear "Welcome to BlueJeans" so many times a day that I just find myself wearying of the voice. :-)

Zoom Meetings and Slack

GoTo Meeting

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Bluejeans offers great audio and video quality in a Web Conferencing environment

Bluejeans is a solid web conferencing product which offers excellent audio and video quality. Once they work through the issues with performance in the software, it will be far superior to others in the marketplace.

Pros

Bluejeans has a very easy interface to use as well as superior dolby sound in comparison to other products.

Cons

The client software has a heavy interface which takes quite a bit of time to install. It alsodoes not run as fast as competitors such as Zoom or Cisco Webex.

Webex, Zoom Meetings and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing BlueJeans

The superior sound and excellent video quality make a big difference when hosting meetings.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to BlueJeans

The superior audio and video are second to none.
Nolan H.

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

BlueJeans Review

As I mentioned, I'm WFH permanently now, and having a software like BlueJeans is a must within my organization. We use the Microsoft Suite for a lot of applications, including Outlook, and BlueJeans is linkable to Outlook which makes scheduling meetings and adding them to your meeting invites super easy. I hop onto regular meeting, client conferences and one on one training all the time and using BlueJeans has been a great addition to making my workday more streamlined.

Pros

Since going to remote work, it's imperative to my day-to-day that within my organization we have reliable video-conferencing software., and Bluejeans is a very popular service. My favourite aspect of Bluejeans is how simple it is to record a meeting or presentation so it can be shared with others, or referenced back by others if it's a training or instructional demonstration. The recorded videos all live in a simple to use interface in my Bluejeans profile.

Cons

BlueJeans seems to have more connectivity issues than other similar video conferencing software programs. The audio is especially susceptible to turning robotic or glitching out.

Parsival N.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 26/5/2021

Bluejeans is an excellent application for videoconferencing

I wear bluejeans every day and at big events, giving support to users where I work, the application is excellent, we have the option to record videoconferences and that makes it a lot easier.
The application has integration with Outlook, making invitations to meetings even easier.

Pros

Ease of use, both in user support and in use, excellent quality in video calls.

I highly recommend BlueJeans, I have been using it for over 3 years and I like it a lot.

it is possible to use on computers, videoconferencing devices, cell phones and telephones, it has many benefits in its use.

Cons

The App will disconnect after 30 minutes if the moderator does not enter and that makes it a bit difficult, as I need to connect the meetings 1 hour before the moderator enters,

I believe it is a good point to work with this limitation.

Zoom Video Webinars

price, quality and safety
Tami S.

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Bluejeans

I hop onto a Bluejeans call every single morning at 9am, so using it has become like second nature to me. Within my org we use a few different video applications but BlueJeans is the most widespread.

Pros

I like how it's easy to sync BlueJeans up with my outlook calendar, and I REALLY like how simple it is to record a meeting so you can go back and review, and share the recording with others.

Cons

I feel like in comparison to similar software BlueJeans tends to freeze more often, and have connectivity issues with audio (people sounding like robots). I also do not like how when I blur my background it makes everything else on my laptop move so slow, I seriously can't do anything when in a meeting with a blurred background.

William V.

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

BlueJeans - a great tool for your audio meetings

BlueJenas has helped a lot in my day - to - day business development and brainstorming with my team. A very useful app and tool to have and use, as it will bring you benefits for sure.

Pros

BlueJeans was mostly used by me when it comes to audio meetings and audio conference calls with my team. The fact that the quality of connection is perfectly clear and stable is what makes this tool so good and usable. The data transfer is fast and reliable and the app itself is easy to use and simple.

Cons

As much as it is good for audio conferencing, video side is not my favorite. It glitches sometimes, the image quality is not the greatest and these are the things that should be worked on as the app develops. Again, it is an amazing tool and helps a lot but it has space to improve.

Christi B.

Reviewed on 5/7/2018

Hands Down Best Video Communications Software

It is easy to host and join meetings with employees in other offices or that work remotely. It's also easy for me to join meetings when I am working remotely. This is super beneficial that just because I am out of the office I don't have to miss an important meeting.

Pros

Easy to use, always reliable, clear sound and pictures! I love that this integrates with Google Calendar and we can add a Blue Jeans link to a meeting invite when creating it. The technology of this software is super impressive. We hold meetings all the time with several offices and people around the world at the exact same time and there is little to no delay in their responses. It is also very convenient to be able to copy and paste the link to another employee to click on and join within a matter of seconds without any hassle of them having to log into an account, etc.

Cons

There is not anything that I don't like about this software. I only have a suggestion. It would be great if a large message could pop up on the screen or a voice could remind those that are remoting in to mute their phones or mics when they first enter the meeting. There have been several occasions where the meeting is already in full swing and someone joins later and we can hear them driving, eating, texting, etc and have to request they mute themselves. Their microphones need to be muted the moment they join the meeting so there isn't any interruption.

Paul W.

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

What I Didn't Expect.

Great experience and easy implementation. It is fairly priced and has packages that fit any sized business. I would highly suggest for companies that have offices across long distances.

Pros

We have 21 warehouses across the company with 150 full-time salaried employees we need to stay connected to. I knew this would help with collaboration but what I didn't foresee was the since of connectivity it creates amongst teams that do no work in close proximity together. All in all, it was one of the best decisions we have made bringing on this technology.

Cons

The equipment needed for in-office video conferencing isn't cheap, but it is of great quality. We have had ours for over a year now and have had no issue. However, you don't have to have the equipment, just a computer or cell phone to get the benefits the system provides.

Highfive and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Switching to BlueJeans

Pricing and recommendations from other businesses.
Nour A.

Reviewed on 2/3/2022

Easy-to-use and convenient app for remote meetings.

In my opinion, BlueJeans is the best option for anyone who wants to make use of capabilities like live sharing and video conferencing that aren't available in the same quality in other similar applications.

Pros

BlueJeans is a great online meeting and interviewing platform. Easy to use, with high-quality broadcast technology, you can increase productivity with high-profile meetings and audio recordings; It efficiently simplifies the management of meetings with live meeting controls, notifications, and analytics. With one click, we may join the meetings regardless of the type of equipment of the subscribers. Accepting invitations is simple with your own user interface that provides all the necessary information. As a result of using BlueJeans, I have been able to participate in many conferences, lectures, and meetings that I did not expect to attend. Great job defending our company from malicious attacks and building trust with everyone present.

Cons

There aren't any drawbacks to using BlueJeans because it does its job well and has an intuitive user interface that's easy to learn and understand.

Soorya A.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/5/2021

Best for enterprises with connected rooms and conference rooms

Overall very good integrated solution for automating the conference room bookings, meetings, video meetings and sharing.

The quality of video, audio and sound system is extremely dependable.

However since these require long term investment and the benefits and profit will be realized over a period of time so one has to be careful in their long-term investment plan and realizations.

Pros

We had all our 5 floor building conference rooms connected via bluejeans connected room solution. We have also have had few virtual meeting accounts for business and sales teams.

It was easy smooth solution for automating all conference and meeting room requirements, booking meetings was easy and flexible and automated work.

But post corona, where most of the company is remote. This was an over head cost.

The quality of voice, video and flexibility is amazing.

Cons

With most members being remote post-corona world, the conference room solution serves little purpose for the company.

We have moved away and entire company now runs mostly on MS Teams. We still have accounts for our business and sales teams.

Edin E.

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

BlueJeans will impress you

This software, or tool, has been one of the best that I have used regarding working from home or having presentations online. However, as it is not the most popular app out there and it does not come pre - installed on devices that are most commonly used, it has that barrier that people need to step over in order to be able to unlock its full potential.

Pros

BlueJeans is one of the tools that I have used over time for webinars, online communication, private and business chats and discussions. It has served its purpose very well, and has always been a stable, safe and secure way of doing things. The simplicity of the app is what makes it very usable and good as it does not take too much time to set up and start, and yet makes you look professional.

Cons

The fact that it is not so much popular, and that you need to explain to your friends or business partners what it is and how it works before you can actually connect with them. If it is used for a business meeting, the majority of people in your meeting will have to set it up beforehand as they have never used it before.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

Great Choice for all remote meeting and conferences

My overall experience is too good. I usually conduct offshore interviews using bluejeans platform. The only thing i have to share weith the candidate is the auto generated link in email. :)

Pros

Our company is using BlueJeans Primarily for meetings with our offshore vendors. We use it for demonstration purposes where we have to present a demo or our vendor has to showcase their product. We have a small mid-size company with few collogues at remote areas from all function, IT, HR etc. We prefer using Bluejeans instead of other phone apps.

Cons

One small issue I would like to highlight is the audio feedback from speakers back to microphone. I think bluejeans does not handle voice of presenter heard back to him from remote microphone which causes issues and we manually have to keep the mic and speaker piece at distance.

Kate D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/7/2020

Always BlueJeans for better work efficiency

It is excellent tool to have online video calling. It is very user-friendly and easy to use tool. It is only because of BlueJeans that I am able to work outside the office. It has made easy to travel around the world and I get log in through anywhere anytime.

Pros

I personally have to be on excessive travels, due to the nature of my job, it was very difficult for me to get along with other team members, without having a real time, face to face experience. Now I am using BlueJeans and I have overcome this distancing issue. It is excellent tool for conducting online meetings.

Cons

I have been using BlueJeans for years and getting great services from this online meeting application. While using this tool I face some problems while sharing screen with other participants, otherwise I have nothing to say in dislikes.