About Trainual

Trainual is a cloud-based learning management system. The solution serves various industry verticals and allows organizations to automate training and onboarding process. It helps in organizing training modules in a centralized...

4.7
4.7
4.8

Browse Trainual Reviews

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

So far so good!

Our team has given us really good feedback about Trainual, and it makes a great first impression on new team members.

Pros

It's simple, pretty, and functional. No real complaints.

Cons

There are some nitpicky features and functions that I wish were available or that don't work quite the way I'd want them to. The search functionality gets on my nerves sometimes as it seems to load exactly the search result I'm looking for immediately but then a second later SEVERAL results load and the one I actually want (that's most relevant) jumps further down the list. If you are a speedy clicker and try to click it before the rest of the search results load (like me), it will take you to something completely different as the rest of the results will load right as you click. I do like that it *has* search functionality and when we have had to make wide-sweeping changes it is really nice to be able to hit the enter key and see not just results in whatever category you're in but in every aspect of your company. We have used other comparable software in the past and have never had true search functionality like this before.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for the great feedback, Sarah! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team.

Replied 19/10/2018
Wade
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

The answer to what I was looking for

Overall it has been great. It is easy to use and figure out and it is helping me go deep in systemizing my business.

Pros

We have high turnover and being able to make initial training part of the hiring process have helped us weed out applicants who are not serious. It also provides a great way to get people to complete training before being eligible for raises and promotions. I like how I can track the progress of my team, and quiz them to ensure comprehension, as well as the different media I can implement to help drive home certain points.

Cons

The pricing model that does not include all of the features unless you pay the premium right off the bat. It takes a long time to get all of the systems into Trainual, and I am not able to release it right away to my team so I didnt want to pay the premium if they were not going to be able to access the features right away. I will probably upgrade to the premium later on and revamp my lessons, but I am a bit conflicted about having my team go through re-training at that point just to see some flashy new features that I would have liked to implement at the beginning.

Teachable and Google Drive

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Because of the ability to track and quiz applicants and team members and make a more user friendly portal for them.

Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

It seemed to be the best fit for our company and it was recommended by moving companies in another market that use it.

Response from Trainual

Hi Wade! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear that Trainual has helped to make your training process more efficient and you've been able to systemize your business with it! And thanks for your feedback on our different plans. The good news is that if you do upgrade, you won't have to make your team go through their training again (unless you'd like them to). Everyone's completion percentage will remain the same when you upgrade. If you do have additonal questions about upgrading or anything else, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

Replied 9/4/2021
Erica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

Difficult to Use

My time with trainual was a waste of money and time and never quite got usage from it. Almost $1k later, I ended up cancelling the subscription and have ZERO to show for it.

Pros

In theory, it makes the process of onboarding and training easy and efficient.

Cons

The set up process, even with already having the documentation is burdensome and the flow of how to use the software is confusing. There is no real start and finish or defined, or even suggested, workflow. There are tons of integrations, but no suggestions really as to how to best use them or under what circumstances these things would be useful. It is also incredibly expensive to say that it is ongoing expense that will forever need to be paid for the life of your business. Theres no tapering off or build up. It has to be implemented immediately in order to show it's value and does not account for the set up process.

Google Cloud Operations Suite

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

It's already included in my usage account and by simply creating a table of contents, I can get essentially the same functionality that I was supposed to with Trainual.

Response from Trainual

Hi Erica - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're sorry to hear that the platform didn't meet your expectations, and we appreciate all of your feedback on how we can improve. We're always adding ways to make implementation much easier for our customers, and we're continously adding new content for this. If you ever would like to come back and try us out, let us know and we'll be happy to set you up with resources that'll make implementation much easier. But regardless, we wish the best of luck to you and your business going forward. Thank you for giving us a try!

Replied 16/6/2022

Top Trainual Alternatives

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Just what our company needed!

Overall, Trainual is something that every company needs, big or small. It's important to have a process where you can train your employees and then test them to see if they understood what they just learned. Trainual helps you do that with ease and helps your whole team get up to speed at the same time.

Pros

Trainual allows you to easily create a way for your employees to learn of a new subject and then they can take a test to get tested on their knowledge of the subject after going through the training materials. For our large company, it allowed us to get our employees certified, so that we felt confident that they knew the new information on the new product we were rolling out.

Cons

There are no cons that I have been able to find.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to help get your team up to speed!

Replied 21/5/2019
Stephanie J.

Reviewed on 9/8/2021

Amazing Service

It's been effective in keeping all info gathered in one location and making it easily accessible & easy to train new people.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and stay organized and help others get trained.

Cons

I wish there was a search bar that when a keyword was input, it would show exactly where in the modules that keyword shows up in a list. That would be super helpful in updating old information once it's not relevant rather than having to go through all modules to see where information may be outdated.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

We also use Basecamp, but are hoping to ease out of it eventually.
Stephanie
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Excellent Product to help Organize information and small businesses

It's been a great tool and time saver.

Pros

How it organizes information easily and tracks whether users have gone through material.

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up a billboard with information we can put info into so that we could easily have access without clicks into things that we can see at all times.

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback. We'll be sure to pass along your comments about a Bulletin/Billboard feature have you experimented with Forums? That might do the trick! Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Replied 19/11/2020
Maggie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Best Decision we have made this year!

Using Trainual we are able to organize the content with have and share it consistently with our associates
at all properties.

Pros

Trainual is simple, user-friendly and fits our business needs perfectly. We are in the process of switching over from training our teams inconsistently to organizing and standardizing our processes with Trainual and we couldn't be more pleased with the product and service.

Cons

We need more "getting started" support - starting with a blank platform is a bit overwhelming.

ADP TotalSource and Crosschq

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Ease of use; quick, personalized customer service; beautiful platform design; app designed specifically for training associates

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Maggie! Our L&D Lead will be happy to help you with onboarding. Just email [email protected] with any questions.?

Replied 3/6/2019
Mehdi

Reviewed on 24/8/2020

Get trained remotely with Trainual

just amazing

Pros

Easy to use even if you are not familiar with it

Cons

how tow create multitabs

SugarCRM and Front

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Way easier than the above, you get what you looking for just with a few clicks

Response from Trainual

Hi Mehdi! Thanks so much for your Trainual review! We're so happy that it's been easy to use, and we hope it's been impactful to your team. Please let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us! We're always here and happy to help.

Barbara

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

Great! I am older and less tech savvy then many of my colleagues but find Trainual easy to comprehend and use

Pros

I found that you can easily make corrections, adjustments and complete changes to my documents, allowing them to grow with company.

Cons

I sometimes need to access areas that are restricted to me. I request access, but the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is slow to respond (that's not your fault).

Ethan
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Great product

Great product very happy

Pros

Love that we are able to contain all important training materials both internal and client-specific procedures in one easy to use platform

Cons

The search function could be improved. Like if I searched for a specific procedure for a hypothetical client named "Red" the search function will more than likely return values for other procedures that have the word "red" somewhere in the procedure. The first results should be based on of trainual name not what is contained within the body/text of each trainual. Causes lots of issues for us as our company name is Longs Peak. The word "peak" is commonly used in the investment industry both as a way to describe the market and also is used in a lot of different firm names.

Response from Trainual

Hi Ethan! Thank you so much for leaving us a review :) We think you're also pretty great, and we're excited to hear that Trainual has been super easy for you to use!

And thank you so much for sharing your feedback about the search functionality. We're currently working on improvements to how results are pulled via search within Trainual, so stay tuned on some exciting updates!

If you ever have any other feedback or need anything from us, always feel free to reach out. We appreciate you a ton and we're so excited to continue to work with you!

Replied 16/6/2022
Raegan
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 31/8/2020

Trainual Review

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Kathryn

Reviewed on 24/8/2020

Positive Experience

Overall my experience with Trainual has been positive and made policy and procedure writing a little easier and even fun!

Pros

Trainual has been great for getting us organized and having all our policies in one location. Assigning subjects and ease of use for employees has been really helpful.

Cons

I would like a signature page option for the agreements and handbook acknowledgement receipts.

Response from Trainual

Hi Kathryn! Thank you for the thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. We definitely understand your need for a signature option, and we'll be sure to let our Product Team know. We appreciate your continued support! Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us!

Matt

Reviewed on 13/5/2020

Game Changing Training

Trainual has been the most valuable addition we've made to our franchise network in the past year. I recommend it often.

Pros

The Trainual platform is easy to use and has allowed us to scale our growth that would have been impossible with traditional training systems.

Cons

We need better testing and certification options. The testing isn't robust enough. Users need certifications to show they've achieved a certain level. This is important for motivation. It seems like an easy add that would add a lot of value. We're currently looking for testing and certification solutions from 3rd parties, but Trainual should be able to provide them quite easily.

Response from Trainual

Hey Matt, we're super pleased to hear we've helped you scale and grow your employees! I've actually gone through and added a feature request for certificates based on completion rate. We'll send over an update as soon as this becomes available.

Replied 3/6/2020
Malyn
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Great must-have tool with room to grow

Overall, I love Trainual's software and who they are as a company. They have a good product. Although it may be missing some things, those are things they are working on. They provide great resources for business owners and managers. I love the videos, webinars, articles, whatever it is that they put out there. It is always GOLD! And not to mention, very relevant.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. They come out continuously with updates that help the ease of use, I think. I like the option of incorporating tests/quizzes. It's easy to add in different media formats as well.

Cons

Trainual has great bones and structure. They are constantly evolving and implementing improvements which I appreciate, however, I do wish for a more complex or more functions in the testing/quizzes and a way to organize topics into Categories or Folders (which I know is something they are working on).

Response from Trainual

Hi Malyn! Thanks for sharing your Trainual experience with us. We appreciate your feedback about adding more complex functions to the test feature, and rest assured it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that you're enjoying the software so far and we truly appreciate your kind words. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional feedback or questions - we'd love to hear from you.

Replied 4/12/2020
Taylor

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Makes on-boarding new team members easy for small business

Bring a small business, each team member wears many hats. Our business is also, thankfully, BOOMING so the need to add team members and keep up with a fast paced business is really difficult.

Once all of our policies and procedures were on Trainual, and it did not take long to format and upload, an on-boarding process that would take me away a work day for me (the Director of Operations) was as easy as having the new hire in my office with an iPad learning while I worked.

Also, sending out memos to team members and tracking them down to sign was eliminated because of the easy to edit and upload software. Our SOP has never been so up-to-date!

Pros

I really enjoy how this software has made updating standard operating procedures so simple. Whenever something is edited it sends a notification out to the team and I just need to give them a due date, this way I know that all information is available to everyone.

Cons

I wish I did not have to pay for the premium membership to do screen recording. Our business pays for Zoom so we just do screen recording through there, but uploading videos are also a process as you need to pay for a account or upload to YouTube to manage videos.

Response from Trainual

Hi Taylor! Thank you so much for leaving such great words about Trainual. We are very excited to hear that we have helped make SOPs more accessible, and that training is becoming more efficient. If you have any other feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied 23/11/2020
Matt
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 14/2/2022

A great resource

Pros

Trainual offers all of the major features that we desired in a knowledge base/LMS resource. Beyond that, their team continues to actively engage with users to gather feedback and make their product better aligned with our needs. Our team uses this on a daily basis and I expect it to become more and more central to the way we operate our business.

Cons

Any time you invest hundreds of hours developing content within a framework that you do not control, that is always a little concerning. Response time to needs/bugs and the possibility of future pricing changes could become challenges. At the moment, support has met expectations and we are happy with the product and service.

Raul
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 14/9/2022

Useful Training/Knowledge Base Program

Trainual has been a very useful tool in creating both a source of information as well as an easy and interactive training program for onboarding new employees.

Pros

I love how easy it is to understand and learn to use. The staff that helped set up the software with us was very in depth and helped us understand how to best use this software to its full capacity. It also has useful reports that have greatly made progress tracking a breeze.

Cons

There is a completion report that shows your progress vs the whole company's progress that sometimes shows a near completion on the material assigned to you even though it shows all the material you are assigned to as complete. It is very minor.

Deveri

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Trainual Review

Trainual is a great platform for the value. The reason the system did not work for us for our training content was due to the lack of reporting capabilities.

Pros

It was very easy to create/implement content for the site. The ability to use the system mobile is great as well.

Cons

The reporting leaves a bit to be desired (not very robust functionality). There is also no back-up system for content that may be accidentally deleted (it is lost for good). The levels of access could also be improved; it would be helpful for some to view answers in the system without having to go to each individual user to look up this information.

Renee

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Trainual Review

Its a great overall training program for all of our staff to access. It makes it easier for us to hand over this program to new staff and for them to work their way through each module we make. Its a great system that we love using!

Pros

I like how easy the program is to use. It makes learning quick & efficient for all of our staff. It's also set out really well where we can pick subjects we need help with & get a step-by-step instruction guide. It's extremely helpful!

Cons

Nothing noted at this stage. Everything is very easy and straight forward.

Response from Trainual

Hi Renee! We can't thank you enough for the kind words. We are so excited to hear that you are loving Trainual and we'll be here to help out every step of the way.

Replied 3/6/2020
Jonathan
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Trainual - Great to Have!

We have absolutely loved Trainual. The start of this year, we completely revamped our training program and with the support of Trainual software and their team, it has been a real game changer for us. We highly recommend this company and program to anyone and appreciate the continued support.

Pros

Easy to use and establish a whole training program for our entire team. Love that we can assign certain topics to team members, but also that they can go in and also request permission to other training we have built into the system.

Cons

The few instances where we have had recommendations and brought up to the Trainual team, they have been able to help us with a solution or have shown us how future versions of the software will address.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for the review, Jonathan! We are so happy to hear Trainual has been a game changer for your team! Stay tuned for more exciting things to come in 2019 :)

Replied 16/10/2018
Oleg

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

All-in-one platform for processes documenting

It was not easy to find a service to write down all the processes to delegate and share them. To organize company's wiki.

Pros

Roles management and access levels, course/position tracks, useful templates.

Cons

UX and ease to use may be improved. But they are adding more features regularly.

Google Docs and Notion

Response from Trainual

Hi Oleg! Thank you for sharing your Trainual review. We appreciate your feedback about UX and hope to continue improving your experience. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback for us! We would always love to hear from you.

Benjamin

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Excellent and efficient training solution.

Trainual is well executed in its layout, using mostly common and current web standards. It loads fast, is mobile friendly, and simple from both creator and user experience. I was up and running almost immediately and worked through the how-to guide as I went. Moving processes into training modules helps heightens the awareness that all company processes need to be documented, trainable, and scalable. Rollout to users has been easy and feedback has been great.

Pros

Trainual is a well executed and easy to use solution for moving training onto the cloud. My favorite aspect about using the software is how it trains content creators think more about their work processes, which increases efficiency and scalability.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. For future improvements I would like to see a dark mode, which would help with users who check into content late at night. On mobile, the topic steps stay at the top of the screening the actual step contents require scrolling below the steps list - this UI section could be improved.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Benjamin! You can submit suggestions (like your night mode one) at trainual.com/ideas!

Replied 21/5/2019
Zachary
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Excellent product for building out your companies training program

its great we do enjoy using it and its really helped us a lot

Pros

Very easy to use and track progress. Also very easy to add and move subjects and sections from various courses to other courses. in other words easy to build and easy to reorganize when needed as changes in the company occur.

Cons

sometimes difficult in the way things are laid out, wouldnt mind if it were a bit more intuitive on the home screen for reps to navigate through

Response from Trainual

Hi Zachary, thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that the platform has been helpful to your business! We appreciate your feedback about usability and will be sure to note it for our Product Team. Please let us know if you have any other feedback or questions!

Replied 25/11/2020
Rhonda

Reviewed on 15/3/2021

Trainual Enabled our Agency to Systemize our Processes

My team and I are enjoying using trainual. Highly recommend!

Pros

I love the ease of use in setting up subjects, topics, and steps and adding users to subjects. It has changed the way our agency systemizes our processes and trains our team.

Cons

I would love the ability to tag subjects so users can sort by tags.

Response from Trainual

Hi Rhonda! Thanks so much for your amazing review. We're happy to hear that Trainual has been easy to use, and that it's helped to systemize your processes! And we appreciate the feedback on subject tagging. We're working on ways to improve our subject organization, so stay tuned for that! If you have any questions, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help.

Replied 9/4/2021
Renea

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Excellent Learning Tool!

Pros

This tool is excellent for training employees whether you have 1 or 1000 team members. I love that you can always refer back to a section if you forget how to do something.

Cons

Not all modules in the software apply to every team member, I wish there was a way to omit modules that certain employee types didn't need.

Response from Trainual

Hi Renea - thank you so much for leaving us an awesome review! We're so happy to hear that Trainual has leveled up your employee training experience. And we appreciate your feedback on omitting modules. One way to make specific modules invisible for employees who don't need the training is to go into the Admin view of a subject, click the three dots on the top right of the screen, and then toggle the "Available in Library?" option off. That way, only the employees you grant access to use that module will be able to see it in their library. Here is a picture to reference where the toggle is located: https://imgur.com/a/0GSrJxk. If you need anything else from us, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Replied 12/4/2021