Trainual Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Trainual

Trainual is a cloud-based learning management system. The solution serves various industry verticals and allows organizations to automate training and onboarding process. It helps in organizing training modules in a centralized...

4.7
4.7

Browse Trainual Reviews

🍁 Cortney
🍁 Cortney

Reviewed on 14/2/2022

The Thing You Didn't Know You Needed!

We absolutely love Trainual: as a company, a team, and a product. It has become the foundation of our company and the place that we are working so hard to get all of the information. As we build this plane while flying it, we appreciate how easy it is to write down what we are doing so it is easier next time. Prior to Trainual, sometimes I felt like MacGruber holding things together with a paperclip and a gum wrapper based on my memory or other team member's institutional knowledge and now we can capture it all, sometimes in the moment. We plan to be using Trainual indefinitely.

Pros

There are many things that I like the most about this software that have to do with features, but I think the features would not be useful if the platform wasn't designed with a foundation of a solid understanding of how small businesses function and scale. So, to start with, I love the philosophy and approach of Trainual as a company and the team as humans. Trickling down from there, the platform is designed that way - it is clear it is flexibly designed, but kept intuitive, and thoughtfully updated with feature requests that have the greatest impact across their users. The organization of the content makes it easy to jump right in to get something created along with the template gallery helping to streamline it all.

Cons

I have two suggestions that are specific to how we use the platform, and I have submitted these are requests so I know they are in the hopper: 1) make the directory accessible through the mobile app. Often times when we hire new people, that is what we want them to be able to access and they are doing everything from their phones before they are in our workplace. 2) update the time stamping to track each time a subject/topic/step is completed for each employee. More Specifically, when you have to provide documentation to the department of labor for unemployment claims they may request evidence of the days/times that you asked someone to complete and then review a policy. In trainual, only the reviewed date is saved so you lose the evidence of the initial completion date. We have been in this pickle twice, and I would like to not to have to track all completions and reassignments outside of Trainual for compliance reasons.

Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 15/3/2023

Great tool for Team Training

The data may be quickly sorted and searched. Having everything set up ahead of time will make it much simpler to locate the specific concepts you need to grasp afterwards. It's also helpful to be able to monitor your own and your staff's training development.

Pros

Onboarding Time is saved and efficiency is increased as our staff receives continuous training and development thanks to our efforts. Simple interface! The addition of Loom is fantastic. Loom also offers excellent onboarding training materials.

Cons

One potential drawback is that training doesn't make extensive use of gaming techniques, which appear to be crucial in retaining today's workforce.

Response from Trainual

Hey Courtney! ���� We're so glad to hear training makes Onboarding and documentation simple & efficient. We'll share your gamification feedback with the team. Thank you for sharing your review. ����

Replied 17/3/2023
Erica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

Difficult to Use

My time with trainual was a waste of money and time and never quite got usage from it. Almost $1k later, I ended up cancelling the subscription and have ZERO to show for it.

Pros

In theory, it makes the process of onboarding and training easy and efficient.

Cons

The set up process, even with already having the documentation is burdensome and the flow of how to use the software is confusing. There is no real start and finish or defined, or even suggested, workflow. There are tons of integrations, but no suggestions really as to how to best use them or under what circumstances these things would be useful. It is also incredibly expensive to say that it is ongoing expense that will forever need to be paid for the life of your business. Theres no tapering off or build up. It has to be implemented immediately in order to show it's value and does not account for the set up process.

Google Cloud Operations Suite

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

It's already included in my usage account and by simply creating a table of contents, I can get essentially the same functionality that I was supposed to with Trainual.

Response from Trainual

Hi Erica - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're sorry to hear that the platform didn't meet your expectations, and we appreciate all of your feedback on how we can improve. We're always adding ways to make implementation much easier for our customers, and we're continously adding new content for this. If you ever would like to come back and try us out, let us know and we'll be happy to set you up with resources that'll make implementation much easier. But regardless, we wish the best of luck to you and your business going forward. Thank you for giving us a try!

Top Trainual Alternatives

Chelcey

Reviewed on 15/5/2024

Company Content That's Easy, Fun, and Powerful

Pros

The platform is extremely user friendly and engaging. Writing procedures for a company usually takes a ton of time and energy and isn't "fun" but with this platform, I actually want to come back and keep working. The AI features for general policies makes creating content SO easy and the support from the Trainual staff is above par.

Cons

I don't have a single dislike at the moment, and that's really saying something!!

Whale

Response from Trainual

Wow, we're absolutely stoked to hear your feedback! It's incredible that you're finding Trainual not just powerful, but actually fun to use. We totally get that creating company procedures can be a drag, so we're over the moon that our platform has you excited to keep working on it.
Your shout-out to our AI features and support team has us grinning from ear to ear. We're all about making your life easier and it sounds like we're hitting the mark!
The fact that you don't have a single dislike? That's incredible to hear! We're always pushing to improve, so if anything ever pops up, don't hesitate to let us know.
Thanks for this awesome review - you've made our day! Thanks for being part of Trainual!

Replied 4/7/2024
Ryan

Reviewed on 13/3/2023

Scope Training

Trainual is great for new hires. I like the different ways to create and organize content.

Pros

I like the ability to segment training modules/lessons and dictate the order at which the user goes through them.

Cons

I would like the user permissions to be a little more flexible. I have some team leads that need to be able to monitor new users as they go through the training, but I do not want to give them access to edit content.I would also like a better way to add an mp4. Maybe I'm just not doing it the right way, but currently, I am putting in text like "Training Video 1" and attaching a URL to the video. It would be nice to imbed the mp4 just like a YouTube video.

Response from Trainual

Hey Ryan! Thank you for the feedback. We'll be rolling out some permission enhancements real soon - so stay tuned for that. I'll also share your video file feedback with the team. Appreciate your time here and thanks again!

Replied 23/3/2023
Renee
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 29/7/2023

Great platform for nonprofits and businesses alike.

So far Trainual has been exactly what we needed for our org. The training and onboarding was probably one of the selling pieces for us. We were in the trial phase and [sensitive content hidden] got on multiple calls with us to help us think through the best way to utilize the platform.

Pros

We like the fact that we can keep all of our training, handbooks, and processes in one place for the whole team to train on and then references later. We can also update in real-time.

Cons

There are some pieces that aren’t customizable that I would love to change. We have teams that have more robust training that need their steps broken down a bit more and it can get cumbersome with the current layout.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

We needed one place to put everything

Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Price, ease of use and what we needed to do.
Trinity
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 11/7/2023

You need Trainual

I would recommend Trainual to anyone who has a process that impacts others. Whether in a non-profit, business, or community setting.

Pros

Trainual has been incredible for documenting all things you think you will just remember. And better yet keep it organized for those who come after us within a company

Cons

The one thing I will say - for a small company, starting can be tricky. Trainual has been designed for companies of all sizes and there were some kinks to work out for a company as small as ours.

Workplace from Meta and Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Trainual had all elements that were missing from other platforms.

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Trainual was easy to use and had lots of help and resources

Response from Trainual

Thanks for sharing, Trinity. I love how you're thinking of those who will come along after you. That says a lot about you as a person and I admire that! We pride ourselves on helping small businesses and have tons of resources you can access. Please do not hesitate to reach out. From process templates to coaching support - we've got you!

Replied 15/8/2023
Deniece
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 13/3/2023

Loving it!

Once I got it set-up/implemented, it's easier than ever to create SOPs for our various teams. The new Chrome extensions have just made it all 10 times better!

Pros

The support is top-notch! The system is very intuitive for the end-user. Admins and users both love it.

Cons

Set-up can be a beast, but they do offer one-on-one support, migration services and a multitude of user guides, videos and training.

Process Street

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

The price was better, the customer support was unmatched and loved the integrations and ability to set permissions on folders and subfolders.

Response from Trainual

Hey Deneice! ���� We're so glad to hear you love Trainual. We'll share this awesome news with our Support team. Thank you for sharing your review. ����

Replied 15/3/2023
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 1/8/2023

Clinical Trial Lifesaver

Pros

What I like most about Trainual is that we are able to utilize it across a vast platform within our clinical trial. With decentralized trials, we rely on the ease of technology. This platform has given us a strong tool to keep up with study-specific and site-specific training in one place. This tool is easy to pull reports from if needed for FDA visits.

Cons

I have not come across a feature that I do not care for as of now. I will update if I do.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Ease of use and the personalized feel from the platform itself to training, and getting help from the Trainual team.
Jean

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Trainual is a great option

Pros

Creating and managing process is very simples in trainual. Having a specific tool for traning give a more "serious/important" feeling about the content, special for remote teams.

Cons

The search engine could be better. Sometimes it's not so good to find the right content.

Response from Trainual

Hi Jean! Thank you so much for leaving us this awesome review :) We're super stoked to hear that it's been useful for you as you create and manage your processes.

And we appreciate you sharing your feedback on the search functionality! We're working on updating that functionality, so stay tuned for some improvements to come soon!

If you have any other feedback, always feel free to reach out!

Thank you so much again for being such an awesome part of our community and for working with us!

Trezlynn
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 11/5/2023

Great Resource for Training

The biggest business problem solved with using Trainual is outdated processes and procedures being used and "passed around" due to hard copies being saved. These hard copies would sometimes have hand written notes by team members of when the processes changes, but would be hard to follow. With Trainual, we are able to keep everything up to date quickly.

Pros

Trainual's ease of searching and editing as an administrator is one of my favorite features. To be able to search for any subject, topic, test, etc. and find all associated trainings and topics with that field is amazing. This is a time saver when trying to help my team.Being able to edit an existing topic and training and have it instantly available to my team is another key feature when our processes change. This has helped with any outdated information that a team member could have had with hardcopies of training material.

Cons

In some instances, if a member does not have the proper access, they are unable to see all available topics when they search. It takes an administrator to search and assign the topic or show the team member the material.It can be time consuming to get everything in to Trainual, at first. Once everything is documented, though, it is easier to keep updated.

Response from Trainual

Hey, Trezlynn! Thanks so much for sharing your review. So awesome to hear that you're keeping those Payroll processes alive and well... well documented and up to date, that is! Your team is lucky to have a manager that cares about their success in this way.

Super awesome news - we just released an update a few weeks ago that enables content to be searchable and access to be requested without the need to perform this manually for your employees. Head to the Account settings page and toggle on the option to "Publish content libraries." Be sure you've toggled on the options to share the Company and Policies pages with your team, too! Then they can search and request access on their own.

Additionally, you can use the AI tool in Trainual to write a rough draft of your processes to save a ton of time! Keep an open mind to what is possible with the AI tool - it knows more than you might think!

Thanks again for being a champion of Trainual!

Kelly

Reviewed on 16/5/2023

Intuitive Platform for Process Creation

Pros

My favorite thing about Trainual is how easy they make the content creation process. The platform is super intuitive, so even without much background information/training on the platform, a new user can log in and generate a process or policy with ease (and make them look good too!) They are incorporating more AI integration as well so I expect the process could get even easier.If you do need help, the Trainual help & training center is really thorough and covers the platform itself, how to make awesome processes/policies and anything else you might need. The team is responsive by chat as well anytime I ever had a question or wanted to request a feature.

Cons

Just a couple features that I think could be helpful: A clear way to prioritize assigned content on the general user's "Desk"/homepage, as well as different options for the "look" of the homepage in general. If a user is assigned a lot of content, each subject assigned takes up a lot of space on the screen.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for sharing your awesome feedback, Kelly! It's great to hear how easy the content creation process has been for you and how intuitive the platform is for new users. The addition of AI integration is just getting started - many more exciting updates coming in this space!

Regarding your suggestions, a clear way to prioritize assigned content on the user's "Desk" and different options for the homepage's appearance are definitely on our radar. More to come soon!

Thanks for this thoughtful review. Always here to support you!

Sonja
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 27/5/2022

Online business GLUE!

Excellent experience overall. It is the back bone of policies, training and reference for our company.

Pros

This has enabled all employees to have access to training, reference and libraries of company resources. It makes onboarding and training quick, easy and less stressful.

Cons

The sections could use some flexibility for customizing for our company reference areas. SOP's vs. Policies vs. Training vs. Documentation. It gets confusing where to put all of the stuff. I also don't even know much about some of the features in the Trainual from this survey. Finally, if you want to become an absolute invaluable resource that we can NEVER live without, then assign a rep that we can work with to maximize and assess usage and direct us on how to manage, organize and leverage the tool. I would pay extra for a year or two of support/success service with an assigned rep that gets to know my business.

Response from Trainual

Hi Sonja! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this awesome review of Trainual :) We're so excited to hear that it's made accessing training and reference material so much easier for you and your team!

And thank you for your feedback on content organization customization and for getting a rep for your account. I have great news for both of these for you, though!

On the content organization customization side, you can actually rename the "Company", "Policies", and "Processes" sections to any names that make more sense for your business. To do that, go to "Account Settings" from the top navigation, and then scroll down to "Custom Terminology". From there, you'll be able to rename the Trainual terminology to anything you'd like.

In regards to having your own representative, for Scale accounts that are over 50 users, we do assign those customers with a dedicated rep that is there to help you get set up for success.

Hope that helps! Thank you again for everything!

Lori
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 15/8/2023

Great tool for growing companies

Pros

I cannot recommend Trainual enough. As a company, we started using Trainual when we were around 50 employees. Two years later, the size has doubled. Having our processes documented neatly in one place has been invaluable and has made the process of onboarding and training new hires seamless. In addition to using it for new hires, it's a useful tool for seasoned employees to refer to when a question regarding a process arises. (The search bar is great!) Trainual holds the online copy of our Employee Handbook, meeting notes for different departments, SOPs, and much more. We appreciate the public share feature, which allows you to share a subject via a link with those who do not have a Trainual account.

Cons

A feature that was requested by one of our team members is an audio version of Trainual for those who are dyslexic.

Cindy
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 22/5/2023

Trainual Review

Trainual has helped our team with being able to find answers to processes quickly. Everything is at your fingertips and just a search away!

Pros

I have to say I love Trainual. It is easy to use, was easy to learn being a new user. The help feature, How-to's, and pro tips is a great resource for knowledge. The Trainual support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

The card view! Card view vs outline view - Feel that all users should have the option for the outline view to help organize trainings and search for trainings easily.

Response from Trainual

Hey Cindy! Thank you so much for the kind words! We're really glad that you love Trainual. Our support team is always here to help (and love you right back), so don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Keep up the great work and stay tuned for major updates coming to Search! 🚀

Raegan
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 31/8/2020

Trainual Review

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Replied 17/9/2020
Alan
Alan

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Trainual Is Straightforward, Practical, and Smooth

Trainual is really easy to use for both admins and users. I love that we can all reference the same materials very easily, and everyone knows what training they have yet to complete at a glance.

Pros

Honestly, I like how modern it looks the most. Previously, our company used Zoho and it had a lot of features, but it didn't look smooth. When you're trying to learn something new, you need as few distractions as possible. With Trainual's polished look, you're able to focus. On the administrator side, you can create everything you need without any training. Just take a moment to plan out your training, and you'll be alright.

Cons

The only gripe I have is the assessments. Zoho had a lot of options for the question types, and in Trainual I was hoping for the same. I adapted many of the questions that I migrated over, so it's okay, but having different question types helps break up the monotony. We have to ask a lot of questions in certain training modules, so this really helped, but this technical limitation hasn't actually held us back in practice. We continue to love Trainual.

George
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

Highly Recommend

Thus far it has been a welcomed addition to our training program. Wil Pagod has been there every step of the way to help me navigate when I've had questions.

Pros

As a training coordinator it gives me flexibility. It does not replace face to face training. But is an addition to the training program. It allows members to complete training on their time and gives us the ability to easily update said training.

Cons

The initial roll out was a little confusing for members who aren't computer literate. But it didn't take much training to get them up to speed.

Response from Trainual

Hi George - Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review of Trainual :) We're beyond pumped to hear that the platform has been a huge help in the way you train employees. And we're really glad to hear we had everything you need to be successful. That made our day hearing that!

Appreciate you a ton for being a part of our community, and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Shania
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Trainual is great!!

Trainual is overall a wonderful company, there customer service is generally very quick and usually always helpful :)

Pros

It is not hard to learn how to use, it is fun to create training programs. There are many things you can do with this software.

Cons

Some of the embedding features are hard to understand and can be complicated if you are not tech friendly. It can be slightly hard to grasp how the courses can be set up, Such as understanding subject, topic, steps and how they work together.

Response from Trainual

Hi Shania - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We're really happy to hear that you're having fun with it and that you've found it useful. Plus, your awesome words about our company totally made our day! As always, our support team is here to help wherever you need it, so always feel free to reach out if there's anything we can do to make your experience better! Looking forward to continuing to work with you :)

Replied 12/4/2021
Dior
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

Exactly what we were looking for!

It's been great! Super easy to set up and literally used every day.

Pros

Passing knowledge onto our customers is of the utmost importance to us, thus our team members need to be provided with quick access while they're working live to access these situations with quality solutions. Having Trainual open and accessible during the work day is key to achieving that!

Cons

I honestly cannot say a bad thing about Trainual. My only point of improvement would be to allow for a directory that does not need to be accessed teamwide for its creation.

Response from Trainual

Hi Dior! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this awesome review of Trainual. We're super excited that you are enjoying the product and that it has been a game changer for having your team access your company's information!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the directory within the application. We passed that feedback on to our Product Team so they are aware. In the meantime, you can have your team members in the app hidden from the directory when you first invite them into the platform. That may be a good workaround if you don't want certain people to be seen in there. If you do have any other feedback or if there's anything else we can do to help, always feel free to reach out.

Thank you so much again for being an awesome customer! We're super stoked to continue to work with you.

Replied 16/8/2022
Eizabeth
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

A Remote Workspace Game-Changer

Overall, our company would not have experienced the fast-paced growth we have today without the Trainual platform. The ease of use and practicality has increased our efficiency and quality of work from new hires.

Pros

As a remote company, Trainual provides a one-stop platform for all training material. I like that I can add written materials, videos, and images/documents to create a cohesive and user-friendly training resource. Using Trainual allows our company to keep training consistent and gets our new hires trained much more quickly. Instead of pulling a team member for one-on-one training for the basics, we can get them started on Trainual, then transition to on-the-job training much more effectively.

Cons

There are certain features that would make assigning tasks more efficient but with the proactive updates, I expect Trainual will come up with a solution soon enough. I would like to see where I can create profiles with the subjects needed for each role, then assign users to the role instead of assign each individual subject.

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 12/5/2023

Crucial to taking your business to the next level

Improves my training process, it makes a huge difference. Employees have a very good idea on what to do before they even start their first day on the job

Pros

its great for documenting SOP's so that new staff have a step by step process on how to complete a task. No more micromanaging each new recruit, this will save you thousands of dollars in wages. Trainees are a liability and not productive until they're trained up correctly. Trainual will get them there much faster.

Cons

Sometimes completing our core values test can glitch. New employees can lose everything they've written and have to start again.

Response from Trainual

Hey Michael! Saving you thousands of dollars is a pretty rad testimony, my friend. So glad Trainual allows you to level up your new hire experience. And I've shared the test bug with product as well. Thank you for your review!

Taylor

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Makes on-boarding new team members easy for small business

Bring a small business, each team member wears many hats. Our business is also, thankfully, BOOMING so the need to add team members and keep up with a fast paced business is really difficult.

Once all of our policies and procedures were on Trainual, and it did not take long to format and upload, an on-boarding process that would take me away a work day for me (the Director of Operations) was as easy as having the new hire in my office with an iPad learning while I worked.

Also, sending out memos to team members and tracking them down to sign was eliminated because of the easy to edit and upload software. Our SOP has never been so up-to-date!

Pros

I really enjoy how this software has made updating standard operating procedures so simple. Whenever something is edited it sends a notification out to the team and I just need to give them a due date, this way I know that all information is available to everyone.

Cons

I wish I did not have to pay for the premium membership to do screen recording. Our business pays for Zoom so we just do screen recording through there, but uploading videos are also a process as you need to pay for a account or upload to YouTube to manage videos.

Response from Trainual

Hi Taylor! Thank you so much for leaving such great words about Trainual. We are very excited to hear that we have helped make SOPs more accessible, and that training is becoming more efficient. If you have any other feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied 23/11/2020
Kevin

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

Very happy long time customer

Trainual helps us to on board and train our new agents affect effectively and efficiently. Because of the software we are able to do this very easily. I’ve lost count of how many man hours this software has saved us

Pros

I like the Learning paths and the ease of use of the system overall.

Cons

None that come to mind that I like least.

Response from Trainual

Hi Kevin! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review and for being a long time customer of ours! We're super stoked to hear that you've been happy with Trainual over our time together, and we think you're pretty rad, too :)

Looking forward to continuing to work with you, and thank you for being a part of our awesome community!

Tonya
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Training made SIMPLE!

Overall, trainual has been a lifesaver for me and my team. By using trainual as our training platform we are able to ramp up more new team members at one time and keep our open forums to high-level reviews of the material. This saves my trainers and supervisors hours of hand holding which in turn allows them to focus on their other daily tasks.

Pros

The use and navigation of the Trainual platform is simple and clear. My trainers are easily able to create new subjects within minutes. Also, having the ability to move entire sections from one subject to another makes life so much better. It would never work if we had to copy/paste and delete. We also love the reporting in Trainual. We can monitor our new trainees' progression and identify areas for improvement at a glance.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like about trainual. It would be nice if we could choose our own color scheme to match that of our company.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Tonya - Glad we were able to simplify your process!

Replied 22/5/2019