About Articulate 360

Articulate 360 is the #1 creator platform for workplace learning. Creators save time with 1,000+ pre-built courses, lessons, and templates; an easy-to-use review tool; and live and on-demand online training. Businesses save money...

Browse Articulate 360 Reviews

Mari

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Best authoring tool

I started by using Captivate and was not happy with the results. I found that the training I created and articulate looks more professional and was much easier to author.

Pros

Articulate has a suite of products that will serve any training needs. For a quick training with interactive elements, RISE is what you will need. For a more complex robust training, STORYLINE is best suited. Assets are robust and very numerous.

Cons

The price point is a little high for an individual license. That being said, if that is the only drawback, it is very well worth the price.

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Still my favorite authoring tool - powerful, modern & easy to get ideas/suplort

I chose Storyline as our primary authoring tool at my previous company. The templates and straightforward approach to creating interactivity with layers with trigger was really a joy to develop with.

Pros

My favorite feature of storyline is the fact that it only been around 6-8 years. All of the examples, just-in-time support and troubleshooting you search for online are applicable to the current version (360) and can be implemented. Their online community is best in class.

Cons

As a freelancer, when work is light in for my elearning business (I also work FT and do webdev work) - the subscription price Of Storyline 360 is too much. I wish I could pay for a month only.

Jim
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 9/2/2017

I see a lot of 5 star reviews but not a lot of 5 star reasons

It seems quite obvious that many of these reviews are written by administrators justifying their software purchase decision or individuals who don't actually understand what causes individuals to retain content. Having a slide deck with a screen recording, audio, and questions (drag & drop, multi choice, etc) was groundbreaking 9 years ago when I first saw them. Now it's expected in a training software. This software has the category simulations listed, but this doesn't do simulations unless you have programmed your own javascript page and inserted it into the articulate. (I can do that in a powerpoint just as easy) A 5 star software should have actual simulations where the learner can make mistakes navigating systems and see the consequences of the wrong choice. It's difficult to make them, but when they are made can communicate what tens of slides won't accomplish, no matter how many assessments and matching exercises you have, because the skill being demonstrated isn't what is being actually tested for with the questions, the questions will demonstrate the learner could memorize, but nothing in the questions shows they know how to apply the content in context of a scenario. How many managers get emails with attachments from unknown sources which they open? Yes, they took an assessment that they knew the information, but without practical application the material fell on ears that could regurgitate the responses but could not apply the process. News flash, it's still an issue, and the power points and articulate screen grabs will come until real simulations show the real world and how to avoid the pitfalls.

Pros

Not much

Cons

It is not much of an authoring platform with most features available in the most basic LMS.

Top Articulate 360 Alternatives

Gerhard

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

E-Learning Course Authoring - Quick‘n‘Easy

In general the use of Articulate 360 makes our live so easy when it comes to course authoring. We can build courses within hours, they Look great and on top of that are also responsive designed, so we can roll them out on any device.

Pros

Mostly we are using Articulate Rise because it is so easy to use and the courses look great. Rise can be used by almost everybody without any IT- or Design-knowledge.It‘s great that you can integrate interactive elements in form of drag and drop.For more complex courses Articulate storyline gives us the chance to fullfill almost every wish of our clients.You can export the courses in the most used elearning standards like SCORM or TinCan which is the base for importing in common LMS.

Cons

I can‘t find any negative on this tool.It would be great to have the possibility to save personalized templates, but I think this is planned for the future.

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

eLearning Design made easy

Easy to use, great support forum, fast cloud based development in Rise

Pros

This subscription makes it so easy to develop amazing eLearning courses. From quick cloud based courses in Rise, to more elaborate course development in Storyline. It does not get easier.

Cons

As always, the subscription cost could be lower not thankfully it is not outrageous. I wish they would get rid of Quizmaker already.

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

We purchased both but Articulate is so much better and more stable!

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Amazing software that begs you to make interactive HTML5 courses

I am able to make interactive HTML5 courses that play without issues on mobile devices

Pros

I like that there are regular updates and support with the subscription model. The multi state object interface is so much better than captivate’s.

Cons

It is very pricey for a freelancer and the publishing options can be confusing for packaging your course correctly for Captivate Prime LMS

Rameez

Reviewed on 12/6/2019

A modern, clean and refined take on a publishing tool.

We switched from Captivate to Storyline and 360. I enjoy it alot more as it feels and looks more modern. The content they provide is above par and well worth it as it all comes together amazingly even when you switch them up. I would just like to see more timing options. Other than that I highly recommend this product.

Pros

My pros are:

1. Easy to understand and user friendly
2. Much smoother when playing back content
3. Allows for the addition of templates which can be downloaded at any time
4. Intergeates well with other software such as a LMS when using published files

Cons

I would like to see the option to allow more audio to be added. For example, if I have two images on the slide, I would like to be able to attach an audio file to either image and not just have one audio file. I would also like to see more timing options.

Emre

Reviewed on 11/9/2019

Great software for great learning experiences

Creating interactive learning: branching scenarios, drag and drop interactions, creating the feel of interacting with an environment (e.g. office in an onboarding program)

Pros

Storyline is easy to use. It enables you to make interactive learning fast. Interface that resembles Powerpoint will help new users feel welcome.

Cons

Small/medium sized businesses that have less frequent needs for e-learning may not have the budget for an on-going subscription. I'd like it if the price point was lower.

• Industry: Military

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

Must have for instructional design

Rise is great for rapid authoring. Review is critical for internal and external stakeholders and SMEs to review development. Storyline is my go-to for course authoring with Rise and Review as necessary companions.

Pros

Very active user community to get ideas and solve issues. Built in photos, icons are so useful.

Cons

The expense is higher than other elearning authoring tools.

Camtasia and Adobe Learning Manager

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

The integration of Review 360 is a motivating factor because reviewers without an account can make comments on content.
Low
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

Switched over from iSpring

Good, no issue. Community forum was helpful. Video tutorials are helpful.

Pros

Rise was very intuitive to use.

Neat interface.

The features allow the course to be interactive and engages with users.

Rise integrates with Storyline.

Cons

Rise can be a bit more customised (e.g. font type, layout, course structure, block format).

Quite costly.

Rachel

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Best e-learning tool

I use this took daily. It is amazing and constantly improving. The e-learning heroes community is phenomenal when it comes to needing anything.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Great features. And the studio of tools is phenomenal

Cons

The price is definitely not the best for a small organization but you definitely do get a lot of benefits

Reasons for Choosing Articulate 360

More features that suited our organization needs

Alexander

Reviewed on 19/4/2021

Great suite of tools for enterprise level eLearning development

Pros

What I really like is how the suite of programs in 360 supports varying levels of user expertise and needs. In particular, I love the new platform Rise for it's extremely intuitive interface and clean design. This is a great tool for non instructional designers or for those just getting into ID. Additionally, I appreciate the infinite flexibility and complexity that is offered by Storyline. For someone with years of expertise, Storyline can help you design just about any type of learning you are trying to implement.

Cons

While I like some of the newer tools like Replay and Peek I have found them to be a bit buggy.

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

Articulate had more product offerings in it's suite and a more intuitive UI.
Rebecca

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Takes Your Teaching to the Next Level

I started using this to develop an online course that met federal and state standards and would connect with my students. I had the option to choose pricey versions of a course through 3rd party vendors. I invested the time in learning this software and saved my program about $18,000 a year. I now use it in lots of small ways too, your imagination is the only limit.

Pros

It's easy to jump in and start creating content since much of the layout is similar to Powerpoint. I love that you have a lot of control on how the user interacts with the program. And there is always more to learn and do. Additionally, the help and community forums run by Articulate are unmatched in the field. There is always help when you get stuck.

Cons

This is a complex program and it will take time to learn all of the little nuances. You have to invest a lot of time troubleshoot errors in complex files, there isn't anything that finds issues for you.

Adobe Learning Manager

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

The features in Articulate seemed to be a better match for my intended process and outcome.
Bruno

Reviewed on 18/2/2022

Best e-learning software

Best e-learning software i have work with

Pros

Ease of use, very complete, good support, vast library, continuous updates, several Scorm formats, simple and organized programming interface, 360 image.

Cons

Breaks when use many triggers (especially on Objects interseptions), still not well prepared for gamification, some bugs (minor things, all softwares have), not content responsive (although it's window responsive), few effects.

iSpring Suite, Camtasia, Adobe Learning Manager and Lectora

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

Firstly because powerpoint compatible, but later found out many other advantages - ease of use, very complete, vast library.
Tracy

Reviewed on 12/4/2017

All you need to develop quality elearning experiences

Articulate 360 is an incredible collection of tools for the elearning developer and designer. Starting with Studio - users can quickly and easly create courses from materials already develop or start from scratch. Interactions are ready for you to import and use to get your course completed in a flash.

Storyline is more robust for developers. Anything I can dream I can usually design. From simple click-continue, to robust scenario branching. The option to include various types of trigger operations and variables leaves the possibilities to create engaging interactions endless.

The Content Library is there when I need it for gorgeous template designs. They are simple and clean, yet have some animations built in to catch the eye. I've used the templates available from design set and have mixed and match layouts as needed. Beyond that there are also a wide variety of characters, both photographic and illustrated, that can be included. I use less of these because of the nature of my work and that they don't really represent our staff look, but I have used a few. There is also thousands of images and icons that can be used. I accessed the icons more than images as these don't always meet my particular need as well in a health care setting.

The Review feature has been a wonderful addition to my tool set. Before I was having users email me or fill out a template to edit projects. Now I just upload it to Review, send it out and users can let me know slide-by-slide what needs correcting. Reviewers can also see each other's comments so the need to filter through repetative comments cuts my editing time as well. I do wish there was an annotation feature included, but perhaps in an upcoming version this will be included.

Replay I use quite often to screen capture and record. I love the option to edit the video as needed and add in titles where I need as well.

Rise is not an element I have yet been able to use within my LMS set up, but I have create a few test courses and seen some amazing projects within the community.

Really happy I went with Articulate 360.

Pros

Please see my overall review.
Ease of use and familiar interface.
Saves my progress
Review feature has been an amazing addition.
New trigger options add for so many more design interactions to be created.
Great addition to the number of characters and poses available.
Collection of templates ready for me to use and mix-match as needed has cut some development time.

Cons

See my overall review.
Characters' expressions are still a little too "over the top"
Characters and images don't necessarily match my work environment so I need to use sparingly.
Rise doesn't work well in my IE work environment, but I believe it is more an LMS issue than anything. Looking forward to finding a way to use it though.

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

The best option for now, but lots of room for improvement

Overall, I am happy with the product, but it's mainly because there doesn't seem to be a better option at the moment. If they could apply more resources to these products to fix bugs and add features, I think they'd have something no other tool could even touch. But it seems like updates to 360 tools is not something they take seriously.

Pros

Articulate Rise is currently my favorite tool for simple web based training development. Very easy to build beautiful and responsive courses that flow well and are easy to navigate. Great interactive elements that work well on any device, and overall a very nice tool for simple elearning courses.

Cons

Support and frequency of updates are just horrible. I've never worked with a product that was so poorly supported and so painfully slow to receive product updates and new features. Manny very basic feature requests that have been submitted on multiple tools within the 360 suite by hundreds of users have been "in development" for over 4 years. In the 3 years I've used the toolset, bug fixes and feature updates have been so infrequent, they're almost non-existent.

Rob
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Great software to create e-learning modules

Great software to create e-learning but to bad about some limitations.

Pros

I use this software to create e-learning modules for my students. I like the ease of use and the simple way things work. It is possible to create very complex modules and a beginner or someone not making a living from it; it can be used. Of course, you need other software/services to distribute the modules. The modules contain tests, audio, video, written text, and interactivity. I like the fact that it is offline because I can use it anywhere (often I do not have fast internet when traveling). Also, paying for the perpetual software in one go is a relief because paying a monthly fee is eventually much more expensive.

Cons

The inability to batch convert projects is a real bummer. You have to open each project file one by one and convert it. I do not understand why this has not been implemented yet. Another thing I do not like is the restrictions regarding tests. Tests can only contain 400 questions. It does seem enough, but in our school, we often have larger batches of questions of which randomly are selected a number of questions. The final problem is that support is generally not very helpful, and you need to figure out a lot by yourself. That is based on two experiences; however, both were quite bad.

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Articulate 360 shows promise to be a game changer.

Upgrading to Articulate 360 has been very exciting, it's nice to have access to all of Articulate's existing software, plus two new screencasting and four new web-based tools. The latest version of Storyline brings new features and enhancements that really help to take my projects to the next level; perhaps the best feature being the new responsive player.

Out of the new web-based tools, Review and Content Library have been the most exciting additions to my development toolbox. The review helps me to share projects with testers, SMEs, and Stakeholders in a way that consolidates the feedback process while giving me the ability to see exactly what the reviewer saw when they left their comment(s), no more guessing what was meant by a vague piece of feedback on a spreadsheet. The Content Library shows a lot of promise as new characters and media assets are added and do not require additional licensing or attribution. I'm hopeful that it'll help reduce the need for 3rd party stock media websites, which can get quite costly in a short period of time.

The only downside is the current subscription plan, one size fits all at a single annual price point. I don't really use Studio or Replay, so having them included in the bundle doesn't really benefit me but increases the cost. I'd love to see Articulate offer other tiers, or the ability to customize the bundle of software for my team to maximize ROI.

Pros

I like the new features that have been added to the existing tools, but the addition of the web-based tools is really what makes Articulate 360 shine. The opportunity to collaborate with the Review tool alone made the upgrade to Articulate 360 worthwhile. The rest is just the cherry on top of the cake.

Cons

Single, one-size fits all model for the subscription plan.

Ezzy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Articulate 360 - Easy to Use

Overall, Articulate 360 has been a pretty great product that is helping us reach our eLearning goals.

Pros

Articulate 360 feels like PowerPoint in its user interface and is very intuitive and easy to use. You can put together very smart-looking eLearning very quickly. There is a lot of common functionality built in so you don't have to build from the ground up every time like you do with Adobe Captivate. There's also a very large library of imaging which helps when you need to build quickly. The online support community for Articulate can't be beat. They are there to not only help when you have a problem, but they encourage you to grow as a designer.

Cons

I feel like there are hot keys missing. I wish there was a hotkey to add a text entry field or a hot spot. I also want to be able to move items around the screen one pixel at a time with my mouse rather than having to use CNTRL and SHIFT. The interface feels a lot like PowerPoint to me so while it's easy to use, it's not really very interesting visually, which can matter when you are trying to explain to an executive or stakeholder that building eLearning is a lot more complicated than just building in PowerPoint. The triggers are also a little confusing.

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

I have SL2 and love how interactive I can make my courses. I have been using it for three...

Mainly information on ID best practices and some "how tos" from their blog and community. It can be really engaging and fun to create a course using SL2. I like their templates as they are easy to customize. However, now there is SL3 and 360, so getting help or templates for SL2 are few and far between.

Pros

The free templates are amazing. I love their community site that is up-to-date on LD trends and challenges. Everyone that has taken one of my courses on SL2 likes how fun and engaging they can be. I can add all types of file formats, different types of quizzes, interaction, and multimedia.

Cons

I never seem to feel like an expert as some of the functions/interactions are hard to create. I went to a two day training on SL2 and it didn't teach me enough as I am still trying to figure out variables and how they work. Sometimes the E-Learning Heroes take days to get back to me if I have an issue and don't always explain in detail how to correct the issue.

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Great Tool for Developing Interactive Learning Experiences

Before I used Storyline for eLearning development I used Authorware and then Flash. With Authorware and Flash I felt I could do anything I wanted to do! With Storyline, there are some constraints, but development is much quicker than with Flash. I still don't like it as well as Authorware, but Storyline is growing on me after 2.5 years of use.

Pros

Very good tutorials for beginning users, triggers allow for some programming without actually writing code, easy to quickly develop branching scenarios and highly interactive training modules, nice features such as markers for optional information and simple video and sound editing (minimal but still handy). Another pro is the huge community of users and the forum (hosted and moderated by Articulate).

Cons

Can be buggy. Triggers allow for some programming, but there is no equivalent to arrays, which can be frustrating.

Reviewed on 14/5/2018

An extremely intuitive and easy-to-use authoring tool

This is a great all-around authoring tool which can be used by both beginners for quick solutions and also experts to create high-quality learning experiences.

Pros

Storyline is one of the easiest and most intuitive rapid authoring tools on the market. Not only is it easy to use, it also has a large support network in the form of the e-learning heroes site which provides the solution to your issues and answers to your questions from a supportive community.

Due to its intuitive design, it is easy to pick up and can be then used to create both simple and complex activity courses.

Cons

The main con is that you do need to have the latest version of Storyline to really benefit as the support from Storyline 2 has ended which means that anything created on those versions will have issues with browsers as they evolve.

Ryan

Reviewed on 29/12/2016

Articulate Unifies the Product Line and Blows Me Away.... Again.

I've been using Storyline 2 for the past two years, and have been one of its most loyal fans. So, needless to say, when Articulate 360 was announced, I had high expectations. I expected iterative improvements, but instead, experienced a massive, sweeping upgrade across the entire product line.

The improvements to Storyline, including the addition of new interactive elements, and access to a robust content library would have gotten me excited about upgrading. But the addition of Rise, Review, Peek, and Prezo to the suite make this a no-brainer.

You get to keep everything you love about the products you know how to use and get to work within a familiar interface. But to add to that, you also get access to new types of content creation and review tools that have drastically sped up my workflow over the last few weeks. This really is a game-changer for me, even though I didn't know that the game could be changed again!

Pros

Articulate Review blows me away. Reviewing content with project stakeholders and clients has always been a major pain point for me, and with Dropbox ending its Public Folder support in 2017, Review has come in at just the right moment.

The Content library will save me hundreds of dollars a year in content licensing fees, and Rise makes it easy for me to quickly create new types of content.

Publishing in HTML5 and previewing how content will look on multiple device types is amazing.

Cons

I don't really use Articulate Studio 360, so I think it would be nice to offer customers a small discount if they wanted to leave that feature off. But then again, at the current price point, I'm not going to complain.

Melissa

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Articulate 360

I really love being able to preview what my course will look like on a mobile device, and the fact that I don't have to manually redisgn a layout to be mobile friendly, since the software moves the menu for me.

I like the new asset library, and being able to access it right from Storyline 360.
I haven't had a chance to use the review tool yet, but am really excited about it! No more having to make tempshare links!

Rise is also a nice tool for simple courses - I really like the ease of use, and it speeds up development time. Having the ability to use the blocks as placeholders helps me visually structure my content before I even have to put "content" in.

I wish we had the ability to center text and pictures in Rise, and maybe change sections of font, or underline sections of font.

Michaela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 7/11/2021

Articulate 360 for eLearning

Pros

The thing I like the most is how easy it is to use, it’s very similar to PPT when you’re first getting started and you can create basics. At that point, the sky is the limit on Articulate as far as expanding your skills and creating extensive interactivity. Articulate 360 includes a package deal of so many different products.

Cons

I think Rise has some limitations I’m hoping to be addressed in the future I.e. developing templates and being able to share your product across your team. It would be nice if I didn’t have to share each of my elearnings built in rise with everyone in my department if they need to access in the future.