ClubWorx Reviews

4.7

4.7
Visit Website

About ClubWorx

Clubworx is a cloud-based member management solution for studios, gyms and martial arts schools. Clubworx gives you the tools you need to reduce time spent on daily admin tasks by automating payments, bookings and communication...

4.2
4.8

Browse ClubWorx Reviews

Jim

Reviewed on 22/5/2019

We are Happier with Clubworx than our previous software

We have been happy with the software and responsiveness of customer support. I can and would recommend this to other facilities and owners.

Pros

Client scheduling thru the member portal has been seamless.

ClubWorx have been very responsive to our requests and issues. It has given us more flexibility with scheduling, variability on individual days of the week, scaling our small and large group sessions. Keeping our members accountable has been improved with attendance reports and session tracking.
The 4 week billing cycle has helped increase our annual income verses monthly billing
One of the biggest improvements has been the number of touch points we can create with our clients thru the built in texting and email capabilities as well as the automation of those features.

Cons

It was a little clunky setting up the schedule blocks for our Small Group Personal Training sessions, but it was a small price to pay for all the other options we picked up from the software

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to ClubWorx

Price. Customer Service. Options available with the software

Response from ClubWorx

Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're really happy to hear that Clubworx has had such a positive impact on your business.

We are constantly working to improve everything we do and we appreciate your honest feedback.

We're looking forward to supporting you!

Ian.

Replied 23/5/2019
Nabil

Streamlining Operations

As the owner of a martial arts academy, finding the right tools to manage day-to-day operations while ensuring a positive experience for both staff and students can be quite challenging. Clubworx software has proven to be a game-changer in how we run our academy, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Pros

User-Friendly Interface: The software is easy to navigate, making it accessible to varying levels of tech-savviness.

Effective Communication: Built-in tools for email and SMS allow easy communication with members, keeping them informed and engaged.

Cons

Cost: Depending on the size of the academy and the specific needs, the subscription cost might be a consideration, especially for smaller or newly established academies.

One-size-fits-all Approach: Although customizable to an extent, some academies might find the features too generic if they have unique operational practices or specialized needs.

Response from ClubWorx

Thank you Nabil, for your positive and considered review of Clubworx. Our team work really hard to constantly improve and they will really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for using Clubworx.

Replied 15/5/2024
Jodie
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

Terrible System

Terrible

Pros

Nothing No Customer Service they are based out of the country

Cons

They are based out of Australia and have no customer service available

Top ClubWorx Alternatives

Martin

Clubworx works for us!

The people at Clubworx are working to make the product better all the time. They listen to feedback and are always looking for ways to make their product appeal to more people

Pros

As a martial arts school, Clubworx provides everything we need to manage our client database. It's not just CRM software, it includes billing, invoicing, managing gradings, schedule, events, and even email and SMS systems. It's all that we need and more.

Cons

There is not much that I can say I don't like about Clubworx.

Response from ClubWorx

What a great review. Thank you!! It's great to hear that Clubworx is meeting all your needs at your martial arts school. It’s our goal to continuously improve and provide the best service possible. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we’re excited to keep evolving with you. I'll pass your comments onto the team.

Barry

Barry from SSMT

We have been using CWX for 5+ years. Customer service, improvements and feature releases are spot on.

Pros

Simple to use - allows easy roll out to new users

Cons

Lack of financial reports, used eg for forecasting

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Barry, thank you for your 5 star reviews. I'm glad you find it easy to use. Clubworx also has some really powerful reporting tools. Please contact me if needed but I'll ask our awesome support team to reach out to you and give you some training on the reports function. Thank you for being with us for 2 years.

Replied 21/5/2024
Amber

Daily user for Martial Arts School

Pretty good, Ive been using it for over 7 years with 3 different member data bases. Its great to use, easy, easy to fix any mistakes, great customer service, a little expensive for growing business but worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, all student information in one place, payments handled and tracked each week, ease of communication with all students at once. Good customer service

Cons

Limit on text messages, a little expensive.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Amber - Thank you for your review! It's great to hear how Clubworx has streamlined managing your martial arts school over the years. We appreciate your feedback on the text message limits and pricing. I'll have someone reach out to you as there should not be any limits on SMS. However we're always exploring ways to provide even more value. I'll pass your comments onto our team, and we’re thrilled to continue evolving with you!

Philip

Great customer management system

Excellent software that meets a majority of our requirement for a martial arts studio

Pros

E2E flow from prospect to member management
Automated payment processing via Ezidebit
Easy payment reconciliation (good if integrated to Xero)
Martial arts module works well

Cons

Subscription pricing
Additional cost for SMS sent
More support required during initial setup

Response from ClubWorx

Thank you for your positive review and valuable feedback! We like to think we have great setup support. I'm sorry if we didn't deliver. I'll have someone contact you and check in with anything we didn't cover.

We are constantly reviewing our pricing for transparency and value and try to be one of the most cost effective in the market. If you need more help please reach out to us directly!

Replied 21/5/2024
Nakia

Reviewed on 13/5/2024

Highly recommended for gyms!

Great experience, I recommend the product frequently

Pros

Covers all the needs and easy to use, always improving

Cons

Calendar functions could be better for multi view and functions and online bookings could be cleaned

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks for your positive review Nakia. its great you find CBW easy to use and we do try to always be improving. We have improvements with the calendar in the Development plan, so lets hope you like Clubworx even more soon.

Replied 15/5/2024
SUSANA

Reviewed on 13/5/2024

EXCELENT TOOL

I HAVE BEEN USING CLUBWORX SINCE 2016 AND ITS CRUCIAL FOR RUNNING MY BUSINESS . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TOOL

Pros

EASY TO USE, GREAT TOOL FOR DAILY MANAGEMENT OF MY MARTIAL ARTS STUDIO, ALWAYS IMPLEMENTING NEW FEATURES.

Cons

THERE ARE SOME LIMITATIONS BUT THE TEAM IS ALWAYS LISTENING TO THE FEEDBACK AND ADDING THINGS TO MAKE THE SOFTWARE BETTER

Response from ClubWorx

Thank you for your excellent review and for your loyalty since 2016! We’re thrilled to hear how crucial Clubworx has been in managing your martial arts studio. The team will love to hear this. We look forward to supporting your business’s success for many more years!

Kim

Clubworx is unbeatable!

Clubworx helped this new business start l, get paid by members, and look professional. I could not have done it without their quick help!

Pros

Ease of use and customer support when needed.

Cons

The ability to email/text members is now unattainable for me. And members should be able to cancel their Unlimited Monthly Membership and update their credit cards on their own.

ZiChuan

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

Very good!

Clubworx has really helped to keep track of my members (who's attending, who's not, who's ready for grading etc) and organise and collect payments. Most importantly the team have been great to work with and they are constantly improving the product

Pros

Member/prospect management
Grading management
Automations - emails, processes
Finally has a member app! (has/had a mobile website which worked fine when I started out but as my club grew I found an app made more sense)
Australian based support who are generally very good
Responsive to product ideas/suggestions/feedback
CEO is very in touch with the product and customer feedback
Zapier integration

Cons

Reporting function is good but higher level analytics/insights is still a work in progress

Zen Planner and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to ClubWorx

had the right combination of features, scalability and price point (this was 5 years ago so features in clubworx and other platforms has changed since then, but I'm often scanning the market and Clubworx is still holding up well)
Aidan
Aidan

Reviewed on 1/9/2018

Great Service & Software!

Overall, I have had a great experience with ClubWorx, as they have supported our business from earlier days up until present, and we have grown together.

Whenever you have a problem, they are more than happy to help with 1-1 support and doing video calls to assist with any issues we've had, or help us use the software to its best potential.

I want to especially thank support team, who have been of great service to us since we started with ClubWorx, thank you!

Pros

- Easy to use interface
- Intuitive
- Great Customer Support - They really care about their customers, and take our feedback into consideration when implementing new features

Cons

- A few features which could be present such as integration with GoCardless, but they are working on this

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for your feedback. We are super happy to hear how you are enjoying using Clubworx and getting lots of value from the system. Your success and growth is so important to us.

Stay tuned for the Gocardless integration!

We look forward to continuing to support you into the future!

Emily.

Replied 2/10/2018
Rowan

Reviewed on 23/8/2018

Martial Arts Gym Use

After only using the Clubworx software for 3 months I am happy with the results so far. Being able to quickly and easily track and contact members has made the gym management smoother allowing me to spend more time on the mats and not behind the desk. The use of electronic waivers has reduced the amount of paper at the gym.

Pros

I like the ability to track a students progress to help improve student retention. The use of waivers has been handy in reducing paper forms and having to file them correctly. Also the Integration with Ezidebit has made receiving payments a lot easier for me. Being able to manage my gym from anywhere on my phone has been brilliant.

Cons

It is a bit hard to get you head around but the staff and always helpful and responsive. I am a martial artist not a Tech guy so their patience is muchly appreciated. There are so many features so customizing it to suit your gym is important. I'm sure there are many features I am not fully utilizing at the moment.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Rowan,

We really appreciate the feedback and love you are enjoying using Clubworx and getting results.

Let's keep working together to make sure you are fully utilising the system!

Looking forward to continuing to support you and your business into the future.

Replied 24/8/2018
Denise

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Bbodysmart

There are still somethings that I can’t do but overall I am very happy with the service I receive

Pros

Good around and easy to use once you know how

Cons

I am not great with technology would like some you tube videos but when you as for help it has always been helpful

Jess

Reviewed on 20/9/2016

Smooth transition

The customer support has been awesome. Emily has been proactive about engaging with solutions rather than simply selling the features. What was also a key turning point in the decision was understanding the development roadmap - what features were going to be released and when which gave us a better understanding of what we had to do in the interim to make the transition smomother

Pros

user friendly experience
waivers signed online
integration with stripe (coming)

Cons

scheduling classes a bit manual
cannot copy across a standard week
waivers cannot be copied or duplicated - to be created from scratch for each one
cannot hide trainers and allocate their time behind the scenes

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks Jess. We really appreciate the feedback and happy to hear that your experience has been so positive. We're happy if you're happy :)

That's right - Clubworx is currently working on releasing our latest Stripe integration with waivers, and plan to have this available by the end of the year for all of our customers!

Replied 20/9/2016

Reviewed on 29/1/2017

Clubworx is the best IT business decision I've made.

Easy to use, functional and keeps my business open 24/7. I'm very impressed with the back up and support I've received. Every question answered simply, accurately and quickly. I highly recommend Clubworx for other yoga studios.

Pros

Support. Ease of use.

Cons

Haven't found any yet after 6 weeks of use.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi John,

Thank you for your review and we are SO happy to hear that you are enjoying Clubworx! There are lots of new features and enhancements that are scheduled for the next few months, so we hope that you will get even more value for your business in the future.

And remember your feedback is important, so do reach out if you have any questions or suggestions as you continue to use Clubworx.

The Clubworx Team.

Replied 29/1/2017
Den
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 26/8/2016

Love the support and help in transisiton

Emily was very helpful so far in the transition , what we see with the software is a clean and simple look that our clients could like

Pros

Very easy to use and clean

Cons

Templates need more ability to be customized for clients use
App for smartphone make it easier than web based but not a big issue
no place for discounts or promo codes

Response from ClubWorx

Den, thanks for the great feedback. It is great to have you join us and we are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the software and your customer support. Remember to keep sending feedback as you continue to use Clubworx, this is critical for us to continue to build better features that support your business in the future.

Replied 27/8/2016
Benjamin

Reviewed on 5/6/2015

The software is easy to use. The value is exceptional.

Pro's: Right from the get go everything seems to flow with setup. Laid out very orderly and simply. Everything you need, not much you don't. Perfect for someone wanting to direct new clients too. Looks professional and best part is is it's web based. Customer service, ESPECIALLY Emily and Dave, are kind and helpful... They respond quickly, usually within minutes, sometimes hours, but what can you expect for forty a month? Overall, well worth the money.
Cons: There are some minor errors that still haven't been resolved. Like the menu button at the top right corner of the website. It should just be removed. Also not all of the main background picture shows when on the website via mobile phone, but I don't think it's meant to be used exclusively on a mobile device, but nbd anyway. O, and members cannot pay for services online on their own.

Brandon

Reviewed on 29/12/2015

We at Relentless Strength and Performance have been extremely satisfied thus far.

Clubworx is extremely simple and easy to use making it perfect for our business. The only con we've experienced thus far (which is also a pro) is that there are constant updates to the software that can become confusing at some points. The customer service, however, has been top notch in dealing with these issues as well as others as we familiarize ourselves with the system.

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks Brandon,

We really appreciate the review! We take your point about our updates. We are working on balancing the need to give you access to modern tools to help grow your business and minimising the impact these updates have on your business!

Kind Regards & Happy New Year from
The Clubworx Product Team!

Replied 3/1/2016
Juliana

Reviewed on 15/7/2015

Having Great experience!

I'm moving from other software because they were charging too much, and the software wasn't offering the much i was paying . I'm very impressive with the attention they give.
The software is really easy to use and add a member. What was a big deal for me after some bad experiences with the trial on others software.

Congratulations for a great job you are doing.

Response from ClubWorx

Hi Juliana - really appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us and we know you'll love using your streamlined, automatic payments through Clubworx as well!

Replied 21/7/2015
Renee

Reviewed on 19/7/2015

Simple and easy to use

I work in a studio and also run outdoor sessions. Club worx has been a great program for my business. It is so simple to start using. Emily is fantastic and helpful. I love how customisable the system is and the reporting is great. I'm going to start building my website in club worx soon.

I would like the system to link with xero. Hopefully that can help soon.

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks Renee! And yes we do have plans to integrate with Xero in the future, so we'll keep you posted on that :)

Replied 19/7/2015
Justin

Reviewed on 15/1/2016

Very good

Really great customer service, second to none. Always available via chat which is good. Although, I don't like to get the pop ups with questions from ya folks. Lol. Sometimes ok, but not as often as you do. Recommend that you let me reach out to you.

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks Justin! Great to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us. Thanks for the feedback on the messaging - we'll be taking that on board.

Replied 18/1/2016
Laura

Reviewed on 11/9/2015

Simple & Painfree

The help and support we have received from the staff at Clubworx has been the most positive in my last 10 years of working with software providers.

Response from ClubWorx

Thanks for taking the time to review Clubworx Laura. We love supporting the Phoenix team & look forward to being your preferred service provider for the next 10 years!

Replied 11/9/2015

Reviewed on 3/6/2015

Tried a few other software options for my boxing studio but they were all too confusing for my...

Pros
Easy to get started and use
I can always contact someone right from my clubworx account
Easy bookings and payments
Cheapest option I looked at

Cons
No problems so far, everything I've raised has been explained clubworx

Amanda

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Overall good pick

I am happy with the software and the functions. It is definitely intuitive. Customer service, nice people and very helpful, but sometimes a long delay for a chat session.