About USATestprep

USATestprep is a tool that is designed for test preparation to help support teachers in classrooms by providing personalized learning and curriculum resources for K-12 schools. The features include custom assessments, instructiona...

4.7
4.7
4.8

Browse USATestprep Reviews

Doris

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

Excellent and Fun Software for Test Practice!

Simply an excellent experience overall.

Pros

My 6th graders love practicing their skills on USA Test Prep! They are challenged by some questions but the hints help them and they love that part! They are so ready for the testing in the spring that they tell me how easy the Milestones is for them. The students tell me that the best part of USA TEST PREP is that the questions use the same wording as Milestones, so they get used to the wording and know what to do when they see it. Overall an EXCELLENT product!

Cons

If I had to find something that I don't like, and this is being picky, every once in a great while there is a question with a word that the kids don't know. It's never a word that's vital to the question yet not knowing it causes the kids to stop, get a little off track with the math, and try to figure out the word. I am trying to remember an example but cannot....

Jacqueline

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

USATestprep allows me the. opportunity to gather real time data to differentiate my instruction...

Pros

I like the fact that student get immediate feedback. It allows me to which elements they are weak in. I am able to assign different assignments to students in the same class.

Cons

I do not like the following:
- unable to share assignments with teachers from other schools
- unable to time assignments
- students are able to copy and paste questions in web bowser

Response from USATestprep

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for your review! The only type of assessment that can be shared among schools is a district-level benchmark, which is typically managed by a district administrator. As far as sharing all other assignment types, those can only be shared among teachers at the same school. However, I¿ll be happy to pass along your suggestion.

Every student result shows the start and end time, along with the elapsed time so that you can quickly see how long it took for the student to complete the assignment. As far as a timer option goes, that is something our development team has considered adding to benchmarks only.

Unfortunately, this is a potential downside to anytime a student is working on the internet. Our programmers are planning to block copy and paste functionality in certain areas of the site, such as vocabulary and short answer terms. Since free response questions are teacher-graded, we leave those answers up to your discretion whether they seem valid.

Replied 2/8/2017
Bonnie
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Basic Test Prep

With so many test prep programs available, USATestprep would not be my first choice. It is extremely basic and my students were not motivated to use it. But, the basic nature could be a positive in certain circumstances. Using it with easily distracted students (some programs have TOO much going on) could be beneficial.

Pros

The teacher feedback tools are useful for finding out where your students stand on various concepts.

Cons

I did not like the read aloud feature. It is very robotic and math expressions are read strangely.

Response from USATestprep

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for your review. We take all teacher feedback seriously. I will pass on your comments regarding the read aloud feature to our product development team.

One other thought - we're wondering if you're using all the resources on the site? We offer a wide array of robust services. If you'd like a 1;1 online demo with one of our customer success managers to review what's available, we'd love to hear from you!

Replied 2/8/2019

Top USATestprep Alternatives

Yolanda

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

USATestPrep is an exceptional tool for teachers to utilize in the enrichment of daily lessons.

Easy data analysis with ease of teacher training. This product definitely improves standardized testing scores and student test stamina. As a daily lesson enhancement tool, this software is top notch.

Pros

I like having the ability to differentiate instruction and testing utilizing this software. I served as the administrator for my school and creating professional development opportunities was a breeze as the teachers were able to effectively use the software in their classrooms. As well being able to troubleshoot problems was easy. Students found that the activities were engaging and not overly time consuming. The test data was displayed in such a way that analyzing was made simple whether the teacher is a first year or a veteran.

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons for this software. I have utilized it and administered it in three different schools and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Kelly

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Great for differentiation in classrooms!

I have enjoyed using USAtestprep in my classroom, I will continue to use it as long as we have it here at my school.

Pros

I like that the curriculum is rigorous and straight to the point. My students can work on targeted areas of weakness and strength so that I can give them work that they need. Each student can have a login and not worry about being singled out for needing to work on a lower area.

The tests are also awesome for setting of assessments that are preparing them for the end of the year.

Cons

When the website crashes, it throws the routine off. It doesn't happen often, but it sometimes has caused problems.

Response from USATestprep

Hi Kelly -- Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. (We know how busy teachers are!) It means a lot to us to hear how our product is working for students and you've obviously got a strong grip on one of the best features - personalized learning for students. Thanks again, and we hope you have a great school year!

Replied 30/8/2019
Amy

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

USA Test Prep makes differentiation easy!

I have been able to prepare students for standardized tests, raising scores significantly. I can also document how students are progressing on individual standards using differention.

Pros

USA Test Prep allows me to help my students based on the standards. I can assign practice, tasks, games, or tests based on class weaknesses or individual weaknesses. It automatically tracks how each student is progressing on each standard. This saves me a ton of time!
Their customer service goes above and beyond. They not only answer a question but go the extra step to give you suggestions if it is an issue they cannot fix.

Cons

Occasionally there are not enough questions for a standard (but if I email them to ask for more, they work on it!)

Dorothy

Reviewed on 10/8/2017

As I've learned more about the features in USAtestprep, I have been able to individualize !!!

It is a resource that provides individualized practice of their specific areas of need. Students can see their results, the correct answers, practice specific skills they need to improve, they can practice those skills in a variety of ways, they can choose the skills they want to work on, they can access from any place they can get internet, they can follow their progress, and we can work together, using their data to talk about their needs. I love this program.

Pros

Being able to individualize to each student's specific needs. The ability to use for both formative and summative evaluations. The games feature that has the students working hard on skills to be able to play a short game. Earning tokens for games by working harder on their practices.

Cons

Hard to really think of any. As I've expressed my concerns, USAtestprep has been on top of accommodating my classroom needs. Not having workshops offered on weekends. I would like longer ones on weekends. The 1/2 day one I attended was too packed. I'd like more time to use the program as we're going over the things. And, I'd like to have the workshop on days I don't have to be out of the classroom - summer or weekend.

Carol

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

UTP: the Equalizer

UTP has provided our educators with a new level of confidence and engagement in meetings and in their classroom. No longer is one teacher standing alone in the data room. All teachers are able to access their data in real-time and provide feedback and assistance to the end user which is the learner.

Pros

When I go through a day and teachers that I work with feel good about assessment and assessment results it is a very good day. UTP has leveled the field in public education. Now all teachers can easily generate reports, disseminate data, collaborate in a meaningful way in PLC’s that can truly be data driven.

Cons

Would like more questions and standards alignment in a few areas

Dianne

Reviewed on 10/8/2017

My students use USATestP daily to review, reinforce, and extend the learning that goes on in...

Improved test scores. Better conversations in the classroom. More engagement from my students. Easier communication with parents.

Pros

I love that the questions can be ordered by DOK, Standard, or domain. The different set ups allow me to differentiate in my class based on lexile and development. I can also create assignments that check for learning at the element, standard, and domain level.

Cons

I dislike that a printed quiz can only be 30 questions. Many of my students (live in rural area) don't have internet connection at home. So I print out the questions for them to complete at home. It's aggravating to have to print 3 different tests in order to ensure the students have access to all the questions.

Patricia

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

Having used USA Test Prep in multiple settings, it is a very user-friendly and worthwhile...

Students have individual needs met.

Pros

I love the fact that remediation can be created off of benchmarks. It's user friendly on that aspect. The times I have "issues" or wishes with it, I can contact customer service and often their response is that they are working on it or they will forward it to the development team. Some suggestions I have made in the past have been implemented.

Cons

The gradebook is cumbersome. Remediation doesn't fit easily in it. I wish remediation could come off of more than just the benchmarks.

Response from USATestprep

Patricia,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree about the Gradebook. The Gradebook is on our list of features to improve. Remediation can also be assigned from the Progress Report by clicking on a dot.

Melissa

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Boost your test scores with rigorous practice.

I have had to contact support a couple of times and they are always wonderful at helping.

Pros

I use this in my classroom as well as with my personal children who are home-schooled. I have been using USA Test Prep for 5 years and consider it a required tool for my teaching. It allows me to assign students assignments that are individualized for their learning and makes grading very easy.

Cons

It does not allow for Spanish speaking students who are just learning English. As a home school parent it is too costly since I have to buy one subject at a time.

Richard

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

Aligned with Florida standards, sophisticated activities with interactive videos.

My students are able to master the standards because of continuous PRACTICE that the software allowed. Students love the drag and drop activities not to mention the games. My students benefited academically.

Pros

Readily available videos, able to differentiate course work/activities/assignments for students, ability to group students, platform is form clear/user-friendly and it gives teachers options.

Cons

Not too many cons but here goes... Reports are not always clear and some activities/assignments are not iPad friendly.

Response from USATestprep

Richard, Thank you for writing us a nice review.

Kelly

SCCA Loves USATestPrep

Pros

We love USATP at our school. We actually use the program for all of our unit tests and for our benchmarks. We use the Green Dot Challenge for our test corrections. Our students know how to sign in and practice on their own. We are actually using USATP school-wide for all of benchmarks this year. CUstomer Service is always willing to help me, even when I call them with crazy questions.

Cons

I wish there was curriculum for K-2 grade.

Shane

Science teacher for 6 years, Instructional Technology Facilitator for 1+ years

- increased student test scores
- better grasp on where my students were strong/weak
- extra practice for my students
- new ways of teaching material

Pros

USATP is a powerful tool for educators in all disciplines. My favorite features are:
- ability to build folders with assignments based on student abilities
- an on-going "report card" being created on students, so you know their strengths and weaknesses
- games - my students enjoy playing the games in their freetime
- rigorous questions that are standards-based and in line with state standardized tests
- the ability to assign various types of performance tasks requiring all sorts of thinking/skills
- ability to give badges, which encourage student engagement

Response from USATestprep

Shane,
Thank you for reviewing USATestprep. We appreciate you.

Karen

Reviewed on 10/8/2017

Great to use as a pretest tool and the final test. Easy for students to use. LOTS of topic...

Pros

The customer service is great. It puts the responsibility back on the kids for practice and shows them their progress and how then can practice the material.

Cons

It takes a while to look at everything. There is a lot of material and a nice variety of options. If you are not comfortable with a computer it may take you a while to figure out how this software could work best for you.

Response from USATestprep

Karen, Thank you for your review. We now offer free training webinars and paid in-person training to help you and your colleagues master USATestprep.

Replied 10/8/2017
Allison

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

It has helped my 8th grade students grow!

Overall, I LOVE using USA test prep in my classes. When introduced carefully to students and monitored frequently, it helps students to grow in my class.

Pros

I liked that USA test prep gave my students practice that was rigorous and closely aligned with state standards.

Cons

The USA test prep site can be overwhelming at first. However, the free webinars and in-person trainings make a huge difference.

Response from USATestprep

Allison -- thank you for the kind review. We are actively looking at ways to help our teachers understand all the resources available to them on our platform without, as you say, feeling overwhelmed. We're getting there! However, we agree the trainings make a huge difference. Thanks, again!

Replied 8/8/2019
Shari

Reviewed on 9/8/2019

Well Worth the Money

I use it almost daily to help kids with the learning experience. I love it!

Pros

This program is vital to our study of American History and state testing.

Cons

The questions need to be updated yearly after the Texas STAAR test is released.

Rebecca

Reviewed on 31/7/2017

USATestPrep has made me excited about using data & assessments again.

Pros

USATestPrep makes assessments quick & easy. In a matter of minutes I am able to determine my students' strengths & weaknesses. This program allows me to assign lessons based on those areas of weakness which means I'm intervening in a matter of minutes. RTI & remediation concerns have been eliminated with the ease of use this program allows.

Cons

USATestPrep is truly a unique program offering quick, formative assessments & immediate access to student data. The only drawback I've experienced so far is that some standards need more questions/practice available.

Response from USATestprep

Rebecca, Thanks for your kind feedback.

Keisha

Excellent Product

I love this platform. It has a lot resources to help teachers in all subjects.

Pros

USA testprep is an excellent product. It is a very helpful tool for planning and assessing students.

Cons

It does not provide lessons or PowerPoint for the standards.

Donald

Reviewed on 7/8/2017

This is my go-to testing and test preparation platform. There is none better!

Students are better prepared for state-wide standardized testing. Also used for in-class testing in classes that do not have state

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and has all of my current standards pre-loaded. Additionally, the data is automatically extracted after testing so that I may review the data and determine what changes to my teaching/delivery I need to make. Creating, sharing, and editing tests is extremely simple and the test banks are vast. Extremely easy to use and extremely thorough!

Cons

I do not have any cons from my perspective. This is everything I wish from an on-line testing software platform.

Tabitha

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

Specific common core lessons and practice, great tool for End of Year testing practice and...

Standardized test preparation and practice. Real time grading. Review suggestions, Class games

Pros

USATP is user friendly and kid friendly! The activities are fun and engaging but also informative. Users are able to see their progress in real time and USATP has a feature to show what needs review.

Cons

Some of the questions for the tests are confusing in their wording. I would like to be able to write my own.

Response from USATestprep

Tabitha,

Thank you for your kind review. Within USATestprep, you are able to write and add your own questions for benchmarks. If you find a question that is confusing, please submit a feedback and our team will review the question.

Amy

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

I have loved the customer support with USA Test prep, but we use the data differently.

Great data to pull, looking forward to see the updated Michigan Science standards and how the more interactive performance tasks align with NGSS.

Pros

I like the ease of use to build benchmark tests and also assign students their weakest areas to work on.

Cons

The ability to pull data to compare how students are progressing and growing and what I need to help students work (spreadsheets to pull and use to group students and move them to the next level).

Response from USATestprep

Hi Amy, Thanks for your kind review. Have you tried using our Progress Reports to monitor student progress by standard? You can export some of this data too.

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

This is one of the best remediation AND enrichment tools I have ever used.

The making of individual learning guides, the remediation possibilities that are tailored to the individual students, the countless questions in the test bank and the ability to make my own assessments.

Pros

I like the tiered testing, the constructed responses, while my students like the games. Students can also be remediated with an individual plan which differentiates their learning.

Cons

I have no complaints about USA Test Prep. I beg my principal to renew it every year. I also encorage my colleagues to make the most use of it because it is so effective.

Nic

Review for Coosa High School English Department

Overall, USATestPrep has been a great tool to use in the classroom. The students benefit from it, and it helps teachers with preparing for our End of Course exams. I will continue to use this program as long as my school will allow me. It is a huge benefit to the way I run my classroom.

Pros

This software is teacher-friendly. The data that it provides has single-handedly helped me in differentiating instructions for my students.

Cons

Sometimes the questions repeat too often within assignments or assessments.

Leslie

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

Easy, Love, User Friendly, the kids LOVE it!

I love the short videos and questions to help make connections with the content. I love the performance tasks that allow the kids to actually take part in the question and answer.

Pros

We love that this is the closest thing to the actual state test they will take and it truly helps to prepare them with the performance tasks!

Cons

Each teacher needs to be able to add a new student (in case of transfer) into the system. Otherwise we may have to wait several days for someone else to do it.

Response from USATestprep

Leslie,

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 2/8/2017