Dialpad Reviews

About Dialpad

Dialpad is an AI-powered cloud communication platform and business phone system that provides organizations with the latest in VoIP telephony technology to keep teams connected and productive. The platform comprises three...

4.2
4.2
4.1

Browse Dialpad Reviews

Rick
Rick

Reviewed on 16/7/2022

DialPad has been a great service for our business

Our experience has been excellent. We have really had nothing negative ever happen with it and I've shared it with tons of people. It's probably my current favorite phone service we use and we have a few, always looking for the next best thing.

Pros

Love the mobile app and the ability to make and receive calls over cellular and WiFi. We've been using it for years and it's been rock solid.

Cons

The only con is that they don't have a free version any longer. I tell anyone who asks about it and we love it but we were lucky enough to such an early adopter we got in on the "free for small businesses" deal way back when they first launched.

TJ

This is the next step in IP phones - Perfect for working from home

This has been one of the best decisions our IT team has made. We tested the other cloud phone providers, with none providing the fully featured, simple and reliable system as Dialpad.
Adding users, configuring phone trees, configuring main lines, adding fax, everything is simple, fast, and intuitive in their system.
With integration into Hubspot, which we already used as our CRM, our management has even more insight into their sales team's performance.
Our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Our ability to have users work from home and have 100% full phone access cannot be overstated. This is probably the biggest takeaway anyone should take from reading this. Absolutely no disruption in our ability to call or make calls when switching our entire office to working from home.

Pros

Deployment cannot get any more simple. Set up the user in the web interface, put in 4 digit activation code on phone. Done.
Work from home - SIMPLE. With Office 365 integration, users simply use their email and pass to sign into Dialpad from their personal cell phone, personal computer, work computer, anywhere.
Just moved offices, our phone system was the only system that required no extra setup. Just plug in at the new location, and everyone is working like normal.
Simple and intuitive. Reliable, priced perfectly, full of features.

Cons

I used to have cons with the limited abilities admins had over users' settings like call forwarding (for example, if an employee is sick and forgot to set her calls to forward to someone else). This has been fixed recently, and at this point I cannot think of any con.

Amber
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/7/2018

Cheaper than most, but you get what you pay for..

I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this point. We have had the system for 9 months and I am ready to go back to regular desk phones and a local phone/internet company.

Pros

I love the features and they are easy to change and update. Being able to get rid of desk phones and give every employee their own direct line number is great ( for the employees who need one) Transferring calls is easy and I like the feature that it asks you if you would like to "ask" the person if they want to take the call or not. I love that it keeps track of phone calls, times, and send monthly reports regarding all calls ( dropped calls, missed, minutes used etc.) Being able to easily transfer calls to an employees cell phone is useful.

Cons

It starts to get a little pricey the most employees you have. The "Fees" attached to the price are outrageous! These fees are described as : "Federal Universal Service Fund" , "Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee", "State and Local taxes" , and "Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery" ( the compliance and administrative cost recover is the highest fee and I have no idea what it means or what it is for). I know we have to pay taxes, but when we had our old phone system ( through a local utility company) we didn't pay these fee's? Using Dialpad has tripled our office phone cost, and that's before you buy the needed headsets for use.
You have to add each and every employee that ever needs to use the phone and there is a monthly cost added to your bill ( cost plus fees), I have 3 employees who rarely ever use the phone for work, and I have had to add them as full users. There is no way to have a "main" phone or line that multiple employees can use to make or receive calls. It is not cost effective because I have had to add those three employees to the system, just so they can make a few phone calls per year.
There is a very big delay when you have calls forwarded to your cell phone.
When we chose Dialpad we chose it because of the features and price, the price looks good at first, but as you add employees and all the fee's it's extremely high.
Above and beyond any of these things, the customer service is very lacking. It is the worst customer service I have ever received from anyone. You cannot make a call to customer service, you can only use email. The "help" or response is not automatic, so if you are experiencing issues with the system ( which happens more than I think is acceptable for a business phone system) you have to wait sometimes 1-2 days to get a response or help. They did offer to "upgrade" us to a premier account, which just costs even more money. If you have a premier account you can have a phone number to call and actually speak with someone in customer service. We have had many issues with dropped calls, callers not being able to hear us, fuzziness in calls etc. These things are no big deal if they happen rarely, but they are fairly regular. When customer service does get back to you, they are incredibly rude and not very helpful, and it's usually 3-4 back and forth emails before a resolution is given or the issue is fixed.

Top Dialpad Alternatives

Jonelle
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

Dialpad is Dialing into a Positive Review!!!

It is fantastic that even our agents who are new to the software adapt quickly and can navigate easily. Dialpad has made our campaign deliver a higher level of service. The whole team appreciates being able to call out from the mobile app.

Pros

If you are in the Call center industry and looking for a simple yet multifunctional call app then look no further Dialpad is the right fit for you. It has all the features you need Call recording, call monitoring, call history, and texting, the list goes on.

Cons

Its a bit on the expensive side but you do get your monies worth.

Tamesha
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

I Love It!

Efficiency is the right word to sum it up with DialPad. Dialpad has brought Efficiency with my business. I'm able to connect with my clients right from the start. DialPad allows me to prepare to take a call by sending a notification to my device or desktop. I'm ready for every call.

Pros

I love how DialPad offers all of the contacts information right there all at one time. You can check and see the last email, text, appointment. Also, you can view tips to use in you conversation.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons for Dialpad. The only thing, I may say is when there time for an update, my app starts to disconnect a bit when receiving calls/text messages. Other than that, I use DialPad on a daily basis all day long. It's the first thing I bring up on my computer and on my cell phone when I'm on the go. I never miss a call or a message. It's the life of my business.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

I made the switch because the software worked but I still had to use other applications to help with the call. Such as previous notes and emails. I could not figure out how to separate my contacts and I did not feel efficient. I'm glad I made the switch. I feel more confident using DialPad.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

Initially the color of the company drew my intention. During the trial, I saw how functional Dialpad was. The application was easy to use, I like the way that I was guided to use the product as a new user. I was able to get set up in about 15 mintues. I was able to link my email, setup my phone settings, and import all of my contacts instantly. As the weeks went by, I realized that DialPad was a special tool that made my business thrive more vibrantly.
Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 21/4/2023

Not as Advertised- Hidden Fees, No Ability to Cancel, Incorrect Pricing Information on Website

DialPad is a scam. There are numerous hidden fees that are charged to your credit card without any warning, and there are other sections of their website that have posted fees which are not disclosed in their "All Features" pricing page. You cannot cancel without speaking to a representative, and conveniently, they don't have any reps available. The trial period is not a "free trial period". There are no refunds whatsoever. If you port your number to them, you must pay in advance and any payments are non-refundable. The voice transcription is very poor at detecting words. The transcripts were gibberish most of the time. The desktop app does not allow you to hang up your call. The feature to send voicemail transcripts to a different email does not work. It just sends everything to your admin account email, even after marking other emails as primary. They did not port over text messaging from my previous provider, only voice calls. Dialpad is the worst internet phone company I have seen. They look good on their website, but their actual product and service are terrible.

Pros

The product worked for incoming and outbound phone calls. I was able to customize my caller ID for outbound calls which is difficult to control with web-based telephone services in Canada.

Cons

The pricing on their website is misleading. There were numerous hidden fees and my phones would not function for my business until I paid these unexpected costs. When I canceled within the 14-day trial period, they refused to refund my annual fee. Their website pricing information shows an option to "see all features" and that page even has fine print at the bottom. However, they don't tell you that in addition to that fine print, there is A SEPARATE SECTION of pricing information that shows other hidden fees that they charge to your account. I paid a $60+ regulatory fee. This was not advertised. When I ported my existing 1-800 number over to them, they would not allow me to receive incoming calls until I purchased "credits". Despite not indicating this cost in their "All Features" page, I learned that you need to pay .02 cents for each minute of incoming calls for 1-800 numbers. I had to buy credits in order to get my business back online, and was actually charged .03 cents per minute afterwards. I immediately ported my number back to my former provider. In total, I spent 11 days with DialPad, which was supposedly within their 14-day trial period. What they don't tell you is that there are no refunds, even if you cancel during the "trial". When I tried to cancel, their internal chat system would not connect me to an agent, saying that no one was available to cancel my account. I had no issues getting a sales rep though. This product is a scam.

Talkroute

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

I thought I would get better service. I returned after 11 days.

Talkroute
Mai

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

State of the ART Phone System!

It provided us with the ability to text and send pictures from any of our users. It is also nice to know that when we experience power outages, we can still use the mobile app to make and receive phone calls.

Pros

I like the call recording features where it records incoming and outgoing alot. It also has the ability for you to be able to see who, what, and when user that communicated with the callers. The communication for the mobile app matches with what is on the desktop and brower app. So if any of our team ever calls in sick, we can still see who spoke to the caller last.

Cons

I do wish there were more permission settings to add a user (employee) in the field and only allow them to make outgoing or incoming phone calls. Also, I think pricing should be less for a user who is out in the field who only needs limited functions.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

These different programs and systems were limited in there features and functionalities. Very basic.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

The user interface was easy to use. The pricing was within our budget. The live chat feature for support makes it easy to ask for help.
Joseph
  • Industry: Warehousing

Very easy to use!

Pros

The cross-platform compatibility and ease of use. If I've missed a call and/or have a voice mail from my wired connection I can review and listen from any mobile device using the Dialpad app. Also the voice-to-text feature is convenient for those times that you don't have the option to listen to a voice mail.

Cons

I am happy with this product. If I could change only one thing it would be the voice-to-text feature regarding voice mail messages. The accuracy could be improved some, but this feature on most voice-to-text services are about the same for accuracy.

Ian
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 30/7/2020

Great interface but could improve integrations

It is a great tool for handling calls and texts, but the lack of integrations may end up becoming a dealbreaker as we consolidate and streamline our tools if we can find something that will better integrate with Front.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and easy to learn. Great feed of recorded calls and texts to see communication history with contacts.

Cons

Number one biggest issue is that text messages cannot integrate into Front to be handled there. Better Front integration for that specifically and in general would be a game changer for us. Would be great if names would update in Dialpad for the contact center from the Hubspot integration as well. Finally, it also often defaults to personal contacts over contact center contacts, which can make team collaboration more difficult.

RingCentral Contact Center

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Grasshopper's features were not up to large team collaboration.

Grasshopper

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

The startup discount was a big factor for us.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/4/2022

Great functionality and Price point for a small business

I've had it for so long, I can't remember how long. That means it's constantly used and part of my toolbox.

Pros

A number available for voice and texting

Cons

Needs to improve handoff reliability between devices

More functionality and reliability

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

Just a matter of preference and supporting a growing company
Milan

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

Dialpad Review

Overall, the experience with Dialpad is quite positive. We came from another in house VOIP solution, and knowing that you always have someone ready to help you , gives you peace of mind. It does what its supposed to do, and the majority of the time it does it well!

Pros

One of the best features Dialpad has to offer is the ability to integrate with other services. Single sign on makes accessing Dialpad a breeze, and with GSuite requires one less password for myself, and all of our users. We all have so many passwords that we need some form of software to maintain them all! Interaction with other users through Gsuite, Salesforce, and many others also show up in the main interface allowing users to quickly go back to files, or conversations they recently had with other users. Unified communications is big in today's world and Dialpad handles it quite well. There is a decent variety of equipment that you can use with Dialpad, but it also allows us to completely remove the desk phone which is a nice touch, especially considering the types of work envoironments we have where users can chose where they would like to work. Last but not least, and at the core of its functionality the basic phone system. While allowing users to transfer calls amongst people, you are also able to transfer between devices, which means that, when your 1-2 meeting runs long, you can move your call to a mobile device if you need to get going. Overall the system is quite robust, and provides all the functionality one could ask for!

Cons

Its hard to list many cons, as we have only ever experienced a few, but here they are. Not all bluetooth, or wireless headsets play well with Dialpad. We have had to switch the headsets that a handful of our users depend on. That being said, once you have found one that works well, there are no problems. One other problem that we have encoutered is dropped calls, or unresponsive application. Most of the time, a simple restart of the application, or computer will resolve these issues, but they are still issues. Last but not least, the frequent updates. While it is good to continuously provide important updates, it feels like there is one every week, and not all users are comfortable with making these changes.

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

Cloud-Based Office Phones Increase Productivity

Pros

I admit I was somewhat hesitant for our office to move from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based one. After using Dialpad for nearly a year, I honestly can't remember why I had hesitations in the first place! This system makes my work communication simple and efficient. I'm in and out of the office all the time, so it's been great to be able to answer work calls wherever I am. Our staff uses the messaging function to interact with each other on team projects. I love the fact that you can easily look over your call history list and edit call information to the name of the caller -- I don't have the need to scribble phone messages on paper anymore because it's all conveniently on the app! In addition to receiving voicemails on your phone, you can get emails including them too, so if you need to pass the message on to a co-worker, it's just a simple email forward away. Another awesome feature is the call data. You can track how many people are calling your organization during a specific time period, what percentage of those calls are getting answered, and who in your organization is making the most calls, along with much more data. These metrics can be used in a variety of ways to make your staff more efficient and engaged.

The interface is easy-to-use and understand. Once you have the app on your device and configured appropriately, it's nearly problem-free. It makes me more accessible to our clients and helps keep our team on the same page -- what's not to love?

Cons

The number one issue you will need to get used to using this product is the slight delay that happens from when you speak your words to when they are actually heard. This results in a lot of accidental talking over your caller, but once you use the product for a while, you will get the hang of it.

You can set up the app to use wifi or your calling plan. If you use your calling plan (which you must when you are away from a wireless router), you can get calls with bad connection or even drop a call. If you do have an issue during your call, you have the ability to give the call a one to five star ranking. If you rank the call low, you can add details about the problem, and then support will take a look and try to address the problem if possible. So there are issues, but I think the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

Promising service BUT...

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

Pros

In fairness to the "But/Cons" that I will mention, this is the second business that I've used Dialpad for. I've loved the flexibility of the service! Apps for all big platforms, and it has been fairly reliable for VOIP. I love their call recording and uberconference is decent although it would be SO helpful to be able to share videos better.

Cons

There are some features that a business would expect to have. The ability to delete a license or to migrate a user... or to view messages from an employee. Why wouldn't an admin have access to this? THis is a business service not for personal calls!!! I had a huge issue with an user threatening to sue & harm me and was contacting my clients and badmouthing my business. Dialpad said that I would need a court order to view those communications!!! WHAT? I'm paying for the service! It's MY account!

I had a desperate need to see what damage that he was causing and Dialpad wasn't there for me and likely won't be there for you either! Also, they would take a full day to respond to a support message allowing him to do further damage as I waited and waited. I could delete him, but then all messages/evidence would have been lost. I practically begged Dialpad to call me and they said that my plan didn't include phone support. I would have thought that Dialpad hearing that their service was being used to threaten people would have caused Dialpad to take greater measures to help their customer. Even when they tried to help they caused technical glitches and delays that allowed the user to delete almost all of his messages to hide his behavior so I still have little idea what kind of damage the he caused to me. When the account was finally assigned to a new user I asked to speak to a manager and the never heard back from my requests. Serious flaws here!!!

Marlon
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 18/4/2022

Perfect for Business Startups

8/10 overall, some issues with connections and common bugs on both desktop & android app. BUT!! I have tried Dialpad main alternatives RingCentral, Nextiva, GrassHopper and several other; Dialpad it's a must have if you don't want to use your every day mobile phone, if you are looking for privacy and a good resting, this is a must have; none other company offers SMS via VoIP, they said they do, but none have solve my problem. I have paid thousands of dollars just to come again to Dialpad.

Pros

Free SMS, all systems compatibility, most call center won't notice you are calling from a VoIP, if you live outside the US & Canada, there's no better software to handle your business.

Cons

It takes some time to connect, you may need to try several attempts to connect a call or even restart the app.

Nextiva

SMS over the Internet

Grasshopper, RingCentral MVP and Nextiva

SMS over the Internet
Yoann

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

False advertising, beware.

Pros

Their promises. They advertise that their software works.

Cons

They say they do google contact syncing, but it only works for direct lines. If you are a team, this won't work for people that call your main number. You will only see the regular caller id for that number.

The WIFI to Carrier switching doesn't work well, and you can't disable it.

Support is very soso. There is no centralized place to see open tickets, so you are bombarded with emails, because they are really intaking specialists that ask you to do all the work, and then send you unrelated articles, after about 20 exchanges and 2 weeks.

JustCall

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Because of the promises dialpad had.

more enterprise driven.
Nina

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Great option for VOIP, sometimes unreliable.

Overall good experience. Sometimes unreliable. Ended up switching to google voice due to the cheaper price and the reliability issues we had.

Pros

Easy to use with a desk phone and cellphone. Call routing easy to change and update. Many features for call routing during business hours and non business hours. Liked that I could set a different voicemail for different times of the day and for vacation or out of office time.

Cons

Sometimes unreliable where it would ring on the desktop only and not the desk phone, and vice versa. Sometimes calls did not go to my cellphone and it would come in as a voicemail. Happened about 10% of the time so it was often enough to be an issue.

Price and features.
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Quality VOIP system with learning curve

Overall, Dialpad has been an excellent VOIP solution that has allowed my organizations mobile workforce to continue connecting with our team and volunteers without being shackled to a desk phone. During the COVID-19 lockdowns, this furthermore allowed us to easily transition from working in the office to working from home, without disrupting our overall workflow.

Pros

Dialpad offers a number of comprehensive features that will suit most growing businesses needs, most important of which is the ability to take work calls from a personal cellphone. The product is easy to manage and configure, with good call quality (given you have decent internet) and even a cell-fallback feature provided you don't.

Cons

Dialpad's backend configuration is a little messy, making it difficult for people not heavily invested in learning the platform to configure basic settings (for instance, the call routing setting is hidden in a menu labelled "Business Hours"). For someone who did not help setup the platform and has little experience with managing VOIP offerings, it can be quite daunting figuring out the settings and understanding what many of the terms mean. Dialpad also has a few noticeable bugs; including a complete inability to handle longer MMS messages. It receives pictures and videos just fine, but should someone send you a longer text it starts breaking the texts into smaller chunks, and delivers the different chunks in a random order - making it nearly impossible to read through the original message.

Jeff

Reviewed on 28/6/2022

New Dialpad Sell Pro / Salesforce User

Overall good so far but it’s early. Call quality and downtime will be my priority in reviewing next years annual contract.

Pros

The sales process was straight forward. If your a firm, like most, and want to look under the hood for development projects they are flexible. Provided us with the permissions to set up a sandbox in sales for and give it a go.

Cons

The support ended after the contract was signed. Company needs to bridge sales and support to continue to grow with mid-enterprise clients. Hard time reaching my guy after we signed, prior to that we talked a few times a day.

That said, I reached customer service for a request and they solved my issue immediately. A+

RingCentral Video

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Call center and IVR functionality.

Avaya Cloud Office

Advanced features.
Richard
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 27/1/2021

Dialpad is a great office assistant

Being able to answer each call live has helped serve our customers better. Many of our customers appreciate being able to reach someone each time they call.

Overall, Dialpad has helped us with our professional image and given us peace of mind that we do not have to worry about the app not working.

Pros

Dialpad helps us to always be in a position to live answer every call. The way we can have calls be routed to multiple people is a huge asset. If one of us is busy someone else in the office can answer the call. Another item we enjoy about the app is there are multiple features that will allow you to customize the app to your needs.

Cons

The main downside for us is occasionally our internet will be spotty and render the application unusable. That being said the "Failover" feature will route calls to my cell phone in that kind of event.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Modern Office Phone

Pros

Dialpad Talk provides a solution known as "Voice Intelligence," which provides AI-powered transcripts and call summaries that highlight action items and points of emphasis. The live sentiment analysis allows me to remind myself of the strengths and weaknesses in our previous calls with a quick glance.

Cons

The software can be a bit confusing to learn when first using it, but you get used to it.

Grasshopper
Denese Kyle

Reviewed on 26/1/2023

Dialpad - modern communication

Overall experience was superb - it is very modern. We make our communication through our workstation (desktop, laptop), we can have it installed in our mobile phones and make calls. I am from the Philippines but I can easily use it and call our clients from the US. As someone whose english is not her first language, I really appreciate the live transcription and option to replay/review call for recording and taking notes!

Pros

In a product, I always look for its accessibility and I'm glad we have Dialpad. I can easily work on my computer station, use it in a browser or the software application, I also have it on my phone and that feature allows me to be more flexible and available to my company. I also love that we are able to receive data/analytics report from Dialpad on my email and we see who are our top agents and we also have an option to export data. I also love the live transcription!!

Cons

Perhaps when we had issues with our call routing - I was kind of confused on how they are set up. I would like more options and variability added to call routing but so far it is currently working well for us.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

Dialpad a great alternative to legacy phone system for your business

Dialpad has been great for our small business. Less expense then traditional land line. Also, easy to use with desktop application.

Pros

Dialpad has been easy to use and we have not had issues resulting in lost calls. You can load the program and make calls from any computer or mobile phone.

Cons

The thing that I have to deal with from time to time is selecting the speaker. This is more of a user issue but it would nice to be able to better select the input I would like to use.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

From good to bad and the ransom techniques they use

Terrible support, borderline mafia style sales techniques, terms changing constantly even if you are a customer paying over 50K a year or more... terrible company built of top of twilio.

Pros

At the beginning, years ago, we went all in with this. we thought it was refreshing good solution compared to all the other players.

Cons

They will hold you ransom once you use them at scale. They will force you to pay for licenses you do not need, misrepresent contracts and make it as difficult as possible to get out of their grip. The software absolutely will let you down. Do not use for anything that requires reliable communication in your company.

Mike
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 21/8/2020

Easy to use, deploy and manage

Dialpad talk gives us calls and texting in one platform. Before we would have to use two different solutions and now we can do it all in the same place.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up a call center, make edits, and create agents. Teams can manage their own call centers etc without the need to wait for someone else's help.

Coaching Center is also a great tool for the sales training teams to use to help the sales agents

Cons

I wish there was a little more indepth integration with CRM's (salesforce for example) to do data dips into the database and route calls based on how that information is found. It would also be helpful if their voice intelligence solution had a way to block out sensitive information in calls (credit card numbers for example).

Zach
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 24/7/2020

Works great for most things, but integrations...

Pros

Ease of use, maintenance, feature set, and integration capability sets Dialpad apart. The mobile app is great compared to most other providers as well.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce and Chrome needs some attention as it doesn't always work as desired.

Twilio

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

Text messages won the bid