About Vonage Business Communications

Vonage Business Solutions is a cloud-based communications solution suitable for small and midsize companies. The solution offers a business phone system that enables businesses to connect their VoIP phone system to internet-enable...

3.9

Shawn
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

Simplify Business with a Simple Business VoIP Phone System

Pros

Easy to implement.
Easy to manage.
Works great, no hitches, glitches, misses.
Perfect for a Small or Medium Business.
Great value for the money; translate: very inexpensive.
Make your small business come across as a big business.
Smartphone App works great too.

Cons

There are MANY 3rd Party Apps that claim to be integrated with Vonage. We didn't have the best of luck using them, to be honest, but they weren't too business critical, so it didn't bother us too much; but it still would be nice to make ZohoCRM or Connectwise work integratedly.

Hadi
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 11/6/2022

Vonage review

It has been average. The only bad side is SMS integration and support to it.

Pros

It is very easy to use, good interface and easy to be integrated with other tools. The UI/UX is great. Especially when it comes to texting.

Cons

Product support. We wanted support for texting and it has been a horrible experience. They have Neximo for the SMS integration and support and the support experience has been horrible. They don't answer the calls or respond timely.

alejandra
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

vonage is a tool we use daily as part as the way we contact and call our customers

it been a great tool to manage and control calls

Pros

easy to use and great feature to know the volume of calls

Cons

sometimes calls get dropped or have a poor quality

Top Vonage Business Communications Alternatives

Amar
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Complicated software

Pros

Helps small businesses manage their communications

Cons

It not user friendly with a lot of glitch

Thomas
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

That is such a rel ief bondage was the first for VOIP

My overall experience with Vonage was okay but unaffordable. I hope they are able to integrate more with third party apps in the future and I might consider trying them again

Pros

Their call monitoring, call routing and voicemail features were absolutely amazing.

Cons

The biggest con was the price it kept growing and growing to a point where we had to switch over to a new provider. They were also missing a lot of integration with third party applications

Dialpad and Nextiva
Mirza

Reviewed on 5/4/2022

It's quite good - from a perspective of tester using a custom-conferencing Vonage based app

It helps in the rapid development of a certain type of app, like VoIP, so you don't have to re-invent the wheel and spend a lot of valuable development time.

Pros

What I like the most are the API docs and the previews of the available implementations - you can use a demo conferencing app to have video and audio calls.

Cons

There are occasional issues that are very hard to debug, especially in terms of audio quality drops - I hope you add more detailed logging for this in the future.

Infobip and Twilio

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

The docs and the pricing were the major reasons.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Vonage Business (Simple Signal) Service & Support

Overall experience was good, their Account Manger went above and beyond, their support was good, their service was okay.

Pros

Vonage's GUI is relatively intuitive to make basic changes. There are various roles provided that allow different levels of access to make configuration adjustments with the Trunk, DID's, Auto Attendants, forwarding, etc.

Cons

There were some tools inside of the Vonage Portal that required multiple places to be updated or there were multiple ways to update a setting, and it made difficult to report on customer configurations.

Twilio

Reasons for Choosing Vonage Business Communications

Provided more functionality

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

Pricing was a major factor to why we chose Simple Signal (Vonage).
Alicia
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 19/6/2020

Clunky and poor support

It worked OK but it wasn't great. I switched away and probably would not return.

Pros

It's a VOIP call service and usually works with decent connection. It had a feature that automatically sent timed billing for calls to my client billing software, which is why I switched to Vonage in the first place.

Cons

The portal is clunky and confusing. Fax is even worse. Often the sync features did not work as advertised. My employees had a lot of trouble working with the software and customer support was extremely poor from a knowledge standpoint.

Sahil

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Vonage review

Overall it has been an amazing experience.

Pros

The thing I like most about Vonage is the quality of services it provides. Voice quality is also excellent. The range of features such as call recording, voicemails & text messages is also impressive. It is also easily accessible on smartphones.

Cons

Sometimes text messages do not open. We have to log out & log in again to open text messages but it happens occasionally.

Marina
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Helpful, but could be better

Pros

Easy way to manage calls for a nonprofit.

Cons

I wish you could copy and paste longer chunks of text at a time.

Sean
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Vonage Customer Service Complaints

I would like a manager to contact me from Vonage.

I recently set up services with Vonage rep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Our account number is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I am disgusted with the service I am getting from the Vonage rep. I spent a great deal of time comparing Vonage to Nextiva and decided to go with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] assured us he “would not disappear after the sale” as we needed him to help us with a few things getting started. We have called, and text him, numerous times since the completion of our sale. There has been zero follow up from him. However, he had no problem contacting 3,4,5 times a day leading up to the sale. This lack of services runs rampant in our country and I’m sick of it.

I have reached out to Vonage 6+ times since. Every single time, I am on hold for 20+ minutes and get nowhere. I’ve emailed them 3 times and keep getting emails directing me to more numbers that have me on hold again for 10+ minutes...resulting in again...sending me somewhere else.

Vonage is a frustrating company with disgusting customer service. It’s highly recommended you do you homework and choose a competitor. Vonage will not be seamless...waste of time & money.

Sean, President & CEO
Capital Adventures, Inc

Pros

I didn’t like it. I liked hearing all the promises, by the second our payment was taken service is non-existent.

Cons

Customer Services/functionality has been horrible!

Nextiva

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

The salesperson [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made a list of promises that sold me. The second he received card information, he has disappeared. Horrible character.
Robin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 31/1/2020

Vonage Business works very well for our company

Our overall experience has been great. This is our second year using the Vonage business package and we are very happy.

Pros

We like the ease of adding new lines, adding branch phone, so many reasons we like the company and products. We are a three branch company with drivers all over the place. We can easily transfer calls to our techs on the road, just as if there were in the office. We also like the spam feature, were we can see most calls registered as spam, allowing us to not answer these irritating spam calls. In times when we need to call customer support, Vonage team members are very knowledgeable and helpful. Lastly, we save money with this company, great price for an extra great product and customer service!

Cons

We cannot pick up a call anywhere in the office by parking the call, we must transfer it.

Saral

Reviewed on 18/5/2017

One of the best service provider for VOIP services

Vonage Business Solutions is one of the reputed service providers for VOIP requirements, there is a vast array of plans and services to choose from, as per an individual's requirements. Now Vonage may be used from Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Phablets or smartphones too via mobile app. The customer support is efficient and hence one may not be stuck with an issue for too long. There is transparency in service and charges due to monthly pay-as-you-go business model. I will recommend using Vonage Business Solutions for all these reasons.

Pros

Budget VOIP calling plans worldwide. Easy pay-as-you-go business model. Robust Infrastructure, quick and customer friendly customer support. Versatility to use it with various softphones/hardphones. Good Call Quality, Business Reports Functionality, User-friendly UI. One of the oldest brands among VOIP service providers.

Cons

Vonage should offer more functionality with standard plans. I wish call recording feature was standard for a user, without incurring extra charge every month. Not many cons which I may think of at the moment. I also faced some trouble with their Vonage Business Desktop softphone, after which I switched to X-lite, which runs lag free with Vonage Business Solutions.

Greg
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

Vonage - my view

I have to say . . in the last year, the support has improved tremendously. I think there was a time when mergers and new employees seemed out of touch with the customer but not now. I have been more than pleased with my experience with Vonage lately . . especially call in support. They really do try and figure it out if you have an issue. Nice to see the difference lately! :)

Pros

Software if very easy to use. My overall experience has been good with the software. Pretty self explanatory when it comes to overall review. Drop down selections and menu boxes are easy to understand.

Cons

Found the online phone function or app a little cumbersome. Still a few bugs to work out. I have tried a couple of times and it eventually will be the right route to go with business and functions. I am a little old school . . like the phone on my desk and answer it like a normal. So maybe its the old dog new trick thing . . . I just will keep trying and hopefully it will be just right soon.

Eric
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

Great UCaaS solution

Compared to other providers I found that Vonage offered the most bang for your buck. Their solution and support has been solid and I find the user portal to be user friendly.

Pros

The mobility app is a life changer since you can now make and take calls from anywhere in the world and the person calling in would think you are in the office.

Cons

For smaller customers you are pushed towards using the instant chat as it is not easy to call in for support.

RingCentral MVP

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

VOIP Phone System Great for Traveling or Working Remotely

We have been utilizing their service for over 6 six years and it's a really good value for your money considering everything that you get. If you're looking for ways to reduce costs, switch to VOIP with Vonage Business so you don't have to keep buying expensive desktop phones and headsets.

Pros

I like the ease of not having a physical phone that can be a hassle when traveling. We use this in our customer service call center and it allows multiple users to log into a queue and manage calls accordingly. It handles call recordings as well which is great for quality control.

Cons

Their system goes down every now and then, outages that has costs us a few customers. We then have to revert to your mobile phones to make outbound calls which is very inconvenient.

Dan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 21/5/2021

Vonage for a Small Business, Remote Workers

Our company uses Vonage daily. We are all remote workers, and we can make/answer calls either at our computers or have calls forwarded to our cell phones. This feature is amazing. Voicemail is also accessed via phone or computer. Overall sound quality is excellent.

Pros

The setup is quite easy, adding users and additional extensions is very easy on the Dashboard. There are lots of features to customize the virtual receptionist and the flow of calls (forwarding, voicemail, how many rings, etc.)

Cons

You are locked in for a year once you setup and pay for an extension. Calls can be a bit laggy (a delay will occur) when calling from my cellphone, but through the computer I don't notice it happening very often. There are lots of other features, but some are add-ons for more money.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 22/5/2019

Great VOIP product with great administrative software

The service works excellent and is a great price. The account administration software is easy to understand and use. THey have made updates to make even easier to use and I like it.

Pros

The account administration software is very intuitive and easy to understand. I can do most anything with my account in this software and the changes happen as soon as I hit save

Cons

In the past they have had glitches where my saved recorded voicemail greetings have been lost and I have to re-record them. I wish it would notify you automatically when the message changes so I would know before a customer lets me know.

Nithya

Reviewed on 28/2/2020

Great App and Best Customer service!

As a small business we had the advantage of using features that Vonage provided such as a mobile app and advanced business features, like call transfer and conference calling. In fact, the help and support provided by Vonage during times of trouble through email and phone support was good.

Pros

Vonage is a great telecoms business and their calling services gives alternatives to both private calling plans and universal telephone plans for our business. This notable assistance gives plans intended to small company entrepreneurs and has very cheap unlimited calls. Their plans are accessible for low, reasonable rates.

Cons

There is nothing major to report, but sometimes, the call quality has been quite low or intermittent.

Amy
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

Game changer for my business

Pros

I used to carry two cell phones - one personal and one business. Then I got vonage and now I can answer (or not) business calls from my personal cell. I can also send a patient a quick text if I’m not available to my scheduling webpage. Pro tip: if you have an iPad, you can create keyboard “text replacements” in settings and with a couple of click, you can generate responses to customer calls or texts when you are away from the office.

Cons

Now cons so far. Every once in a blue moon the app will kick me out and want to me renter my password which I can never remember but that’s not their fault!

Guillermo
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 27/3/2018

VoIP

Voice quality is adequate.

Pros

The web dashboard is really comprehensive, you can control almost every aspect of the service. If required, advanced features like call queues can be added to the service.

Cons

Reliability has not been their strong point, with outages that have lasted for hours. There is an online health check site for the service where admins can check status of the Vonage cloud. Price points are not among the cheapest.

Khushboo

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

VBC- Review

It is a fantastic offering for small businesses. It contains a number of helpful features that are excellent for our company needs. It is significantly more dependable for our communication needs than other similar software that is available.
Despite the fact that we adore Vonage, it can occasionally be difficult and time-consuming to call customer care.

Pros

It is very simple to use as it provides support to various things like calls, SMS, and even voice recording. Mobile and desktop apps for Vonage are easy to use. It can connect up to three phones to a single extension and that is the best feature as we don't have to call individually.

Cons

It is bit slow and sometimes has a lot of backend issues which takes a bit to get resolved.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Vonage, your all in one communications app

Pros

Vonage business is great in giving one of the best VOIP and Messaging solution to businesses. Very easy set up, affordable rates and best of all one of the most eye pleasing ui's to date. Flexibility is also one of it's biggest strengths, allowing users to use it on mobile and web.

Cons

There is really nothing not to like about this software at the moment.

Reviewed on 2/4/2019

Vonage is a top communication performer!

We are closer to having a unified communication tool. The sales team is able to communicate multiple ways to the prospects and customers. Especially having the ability to send text messages!

Pros

I like that Vonage is very user friendly, easy to install and update. Having the ability to send SMS,text message is a great feature.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much static or poor call quality. Or the calls will not connect or drop mid call. Not sure if this is due to a bug or internet connection. My organization is currently using 5G internet.

Jean
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

Vonage - have your customers call you anywhere they are

The price is great for the calling plans, for the US, it includes a 1000 minutes to all U.S. locations.

Pros

Very good call quality anywhere in the world, excellent customer support and easy interface to configure.

Cons

The Software is not easy to configure if you decide to use an open source solution such as Asterisk. I requires good knowledge for it to get it working 100%.