About Yelp Guest Manager

Yelp Guest Manager helps restaurants manage all of their front-of-house operations across the entire dining experience through one fully integrated solution — by bringing together Yelp Waitlist, Reservations, Kiosk, Takeout,...

Browse Yelp Guest Manager Reviews

Harsh

Reviewed on 28/7/2021

Great website to check restaurant's review and book

As I mention to my friends, looking for a restaurant, go check them on Yelp and you can easily decide whether to go or not.

Pros

It has most reviews about any restaurant. It becomes "one place to book a restaurant" website where you can order, pay, check review, view photos, get the directions and even message the restaurant. What else do you need when you are hungry and don't have to browse different websites.

Cons

Sometimes I feel disappointed when Yelp doesn't allow to place order as they don't have tie-up with the website.

weiss

Reviewed on 13/7/2022

Easy review on Yelp

I am thrilled with the Yelp Guest Manager, It has brought us so much business and I do not know what we would do without it. From start to finish it is a great system and we are very pleased with it.

Pros

I like that my reviews speak for themselves. I love that people can upload pictures of their meals and photos of the restaurant. It makes potential clients comfortable like they have been there before.

Cons

Sometimes the wait time are a little inaccurate so we have guests that come in without reservations and then they get upset at the wait time they are told.

Omar
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Do not use it for advertisement, it is great as free service only

Great as free service, and the worst platform for the worth of dollar for advertisment.

Pros

As a user Yelp is good and helpful, even though we have some reviews which are not reliable.

Cons

I did got an offer to do paid advertisment using the Yelp business platform. It was my worst experience ever. The sales person gave me very good statistics about my business and other business for the paid ads. They pushed me to sign a contract with them for 6 months with a minimum amount ( i cant remember exactly). When i started, i found that the avarage click payment is much higher than expected. Then when I requested to cancel the contract, they requested me to pay a penelty fees. This shocked me, and I found my self that I have to continue with them. I did continue but I was totally unhappay and I told them this is cheating. After 6 months of paid ads, I didnt recieve any valuable leads from yelp. I told them I dont want to deal with your company any more. And after that I am recieving sales calls once or twice every week!!! I told them I dont want to deal with you, and the calls are still going till today, more than two years.

Top Yelp Guest Manager Alternatives

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Patrick

Reviewed on 14/1/2020

Easiest Restaurant Reservation Software

Overall, I think this is one of the best online reservation softwares available.

Pros

I absolutely love Yelp Reservations because it allows you to read reviews about a restaurant before making a reservation.

Cons

The one thing that I don't like is that sometimes you can get a reservation for a specific time by calling the restaurant directly even though it may not be listed on this software as available.

Jasmine
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

THE best app there is!

Overall I like this app a lot, other than not being able to change your orders that it, I still love the app and I still recommend using it.

Pros

I love this app and it is going to be a round forever this is the quickest and most efficient app ever I love it. I can see this app being around for a very long time

Cons

The least thing that I like about this app is that When you want to reorder or change your order to your food you might have to cancel and reorder. you cant make changes once it is been sent out

Ramin
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Easy to use, does what it needs to do- on the site anyway, may as well use it.

It's an easy tool. I would even advise Yelp to extend it towards gyms and healthclubs something similar to a classpass model where people can just sign up for a class through Yelp.

Pros

It's simple and since we're on Yelp trying to determine where to go, what to eat it's a great tool to just take care of the reservation while we're on the page instead of going to opentable.com. There's not a lot more to rave about, it just does what it needs to do!

Cons

I cannot think of anything I would dislike. I've used it a handful of times and so far the restaurants seem to have a handle on it. I would actually use this more often if restaurants utilized the services more but I would imagine it costs money to do so.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 9/4/2019

As good a way as any to make a dinner reservation - dare I say a better way?!

Yelp Reservations is an awesome and needed innovation. I have used it with success many times, and I'll continue to use it :)

Pros

You can make reservations on the same app that you use to find new restaurants, or to find restaurants in an unfamiliar place, meaning you don't have to go find that restaurant's website to book, find hours, etc, or open another app like Open Table or Tock!

Cuts out extra steps, makes things easier, super valuable for the traveller, the recent transplant, or the simply hangry!

Cons

Yep does a lot, but it does SO much that sometimes the feature you want/need is difficult to find. Busy interface, plus the fact the the restaurants don't necessarily check or correct the content of their Yelp page means sometimes things don't work out like you expected. But Yelp does a good job of being accurate most of the time!

ANDREW
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 20/4/2020

Great for reservations.

I wish I knew before I could reserve our table on the app instead of having to call in each time. It was definitely a time saver and lessened our worries about getting to the restaurant on time and getting seated.

Pros

It was great for planning ahead and making reservations at a sushi restaurant my wife and I enjoy. They even have a policy that you need to check in on yelp on an ipad in the restaurant so it's nice to save time doing it beforehand.

Cons

I don't have any major complaints at the moment.

Kitan

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

Convenient

Pros

This application was convenient and easy to use, way easier than having to call the restaurant and be on hold for however long especially on a busy day. It saves a lot of time. It's also great because of its connection with the main yelp application, so if you were looking for somewhere to eat, you could find that on yelp and make an easy reservation on this application

Cons

Some featues function differently between the pc and ipad software

Pavel
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

Great program

Was easy to get reservations for dine in

Pros

Great product and easy do used! Little expensive for small restaurant

Cons

Easy to integrate with the restaurant and easy to used

Tami

Reviewed on 22/6/2021

Yelp For Restaurants

I work parttime for a catering company on weekends as a general organizational/admin type assistance, and managing our yelp page is part of the gig. This last year has been hard so having an online presence where customers can share how much they've enjoyed our service has been crucial in keeping the business afloat. I really appreciate how yelp pivoted at the beginning of 2020 to show that we offer take out / curbside pickup options and has a way to send inquiries directly to our inbox, along with all of our other contact info.

Pros

I like how easy this software makes it for small, locale businesses to promote themselves to their customer base. You have everything all at a glance, your contact info, hours of operation, details regarding the type of servicing we provide. When Covid hit, the interface was updated to reflect that we offer delivery, take & curbside pickup to the very top of the page (impossible to miss) which has been so crucial to keep business afloat in these weird times when you have to think of out of the box ways to keep customers engaged. I also love that customers are able to post images of their meals! As a catering company we often create brand new menus for each event so having a huge photo assortment of what we can do is amazing!

Cons

One of the biggest features of Yelp for Restaurants is customers leave feedback on their experience. Typically people will write reviews if they had an amazing experience or if they had a terrible one. I iwsh there was an option to filter out reviews for things like "I called them and they didn't answer their phone - 2 stars" because that's not reflective of the service itself, and we don't have a way to determine if they called outside of business hours. Luckily you have the ability to respond back to commenters.

Shari
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

YELP HELPS! Dine with Confidence!

Overall, my experience with Yelp for Restaurants has been satisfactory!

Pros

What I like/love most about Yelp is its ability for customers to view good AND bad reviews of restaurants, along with pictures to get a better vibe of the venue and its food. You’re able to see the menu, prices, and find out insiders from reviews that you probably would not have found out anywhere else online (ie. coat check price, forced gratuity, extra cost for entering, etc.) I always always alwaaaays use Yelp before I visit a restaurant so that I am dining with confidence; no worries about the food, atmosphere and surprise costs! Also, sometimes restaurants have deals through Yelp too!

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about Yelp’s software! If I had to just throw in something for the cons section, it could be to maybe REQUIRE restaurants to specify any hidden costs, entry costs, price changes and forced gratuity that customers usually only discover from reading reviews! Also, for the restaurant to upload a high-quality picture of their menu and force them to update it every 6 months, as their menus are always changing and it’s disappointing for customers to expect a menu item to be there when they arrive, only to realize the menu changed.

Reviewed on 23/3/2018

Perfect for our 200+ seat restaurant

Pros

I liked that Yelp Reservations made it easy to mark/manage/update a very large restaurant floor plan in realtime. In addition, people could make online reservations easily without fuss, and there were lots of options to customize reservation making and restaurant pacing.

Cons

I did not like that the functionality was slightly different between the main laptop used and the iPads. Some buttons functioned differently, some with less of the same options.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

Yelp reservations has been great

Yelp reservations has been straight forward and helpful when trying to get reservations for a lot of restaurants that do not have the capability.

Pros

Yelp and Yelp Reservations have been great. It makes reservations easy and convenient as the information is all in one place.

Cons

Can be a little clunky on mobile but otherwise, there isn't a whole lot to dislike about the software.

• Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

Super cool option to save you time

This is overall such a great resource for the average consumer! A must try for you during your next free time!

Pros

Yelp has always been a great resource for me to figure out more about the places around me and especially in regards to food options. Now this yelp reservations is an awesome tool for you to get ahead of the game and plan out your day and evening effectively to save you time and maximize your fun! Use it quick and easily with the app!

Cons

The app did have a few glitches at first, but recently it has really been on par. It’s honestly at about the same level as other options out there, but I think more people using it and putting out reviews could really help point them in the right direction.

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Pretty Standard and Easy Reservations App

Pros

I have always loved Yelp for reviews. Any time I try somewhere new, I always head to Yelp first. Having an app that allows me to make a reservation on the spot when I see something I like is super convenient, especially when planning dinners while traveling. I like that reservations, pictures, and reviews are all in one place.

Cons

The app versus the online version work a little differently so when you get used to one way on the phone you have to hunt for the function on the desktop. Not a huge complaint! Also, sometimes when I am searching for a certain location, the restaurants that come up are way outside of this location.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

Need Help? Use Yelp!

All in all, Yelp is an amazing app that has made finding good restaurants easy.

Pros

Yelp is a super useful and efficient app that helps you find just what you are looking for. It allows users access to consumer reviews, photos, restaurant menus, fast booking (online reservations), pre-assigned table/seating, current wait times, and much more- to ensure that customers find the right restaurant every time regardless of the occasion.

Cons

Yelp Reservations sends you an email confirmation once you have made an online reservation, but does not allow you to digitally track your reservation, which can often make you feel uneasy (wondering if the restaurant received your request or if particular timeslot is even available).

Olivia
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

All in one place...

10/10 recommend. It's super easy to use, and you have everything you need all in one place. My favorite part is looking up the menu before I book.

Pros

Yelp reservations goes beyond just making a reservation. Not only do I use Yelp Reservations to make a reservation, but I also get to look at reviews, the menu, photos... I even sometimes get specials from restaurants like free chips and queso if I "checked in". Very easy to use, and I get benefits.

Cons

Not every restaurant is on Yelp Reservations, which makes it hard when you want to book a certain place.

jamison
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

I use this when I don't want to wait. It cuts down time when you are busy and on the go. ...

Very easy to use, Its quick and fast, and you review and decide if you want to go the establishment or not. Can be used from any device.

Pros

This is easy to use. In a fast busy environment this tool is convenient. I use this mostly on the weekends or when we have lunch meetings. This has saved me time. You walk in and in most cases directed to your table. The reviews are nice and links of the establishment. You can put this on any device.

Cons

Some establishments don't honor this application. Hopefully in the future establishments will get on the right track.

Kenneth
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 26/1/2019

Yelp Helps!

I used Yelp Reservations at a very trendy restaurant that just opened in the area. The lobby was crowded and wait times were ridiculous. We were seated immediately and had a fine meal.

Pros

I enjoy using and reading the reviews on Yelp when considering going to a new restaurant. Each review gives you an idea of how good a place can be. If I decide to attend a restaurant I enjoy the idea of quickly making reservations via Yelp. The process is easy and I never had a problem using this service. I appreciate that I can go to a crowded restaurant and be seated quickly knowing the reservation will be honored.

Cons

I really don't have a problem with this software!

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Helpful app for reservations

I do like Yelp reservations but for the cost I think that the app interface should be much better.

Pros

I like the simplicity of this app and that I am able to customize the tables to mimic what my restaurant floor looks like - makes reservations easier to manage

Cons

I do not like the interface of this for mobile devices. I use two iPads to manage reservations and they will not sync with each other. One will show a table Is available and the other app will not update and show the same.

Ryuta

Reviewed on 12/3/2018

Easy reservation app

Pros

Good when you need to make reservations online. HIt also has reminder systems by email and text messages.

Cons

If you are the one who is getting the reservation through this app, there will be a lot of no shows. Should have some penalty to users who do not show up without canceling.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 20/1/2020

Extremely convenient and useful to skip long waits!

Overall, my experience with Yelp Reservations has been amazingly positive. I would recommend its use to anyone who hates wasting time waiting!

Pros

Ever since my friend showed me how to use Yelp Reservations, if it is available at the restaurant I am going to, I will use it. It enables you to check the wait times at the restaurant and check-in ahead of time, saving you a lot of time waiting at the actual restaurant. I have had multiple experiences where I would check-in early, receive my wait time, get to the crowded restaurant, and get ushered in before all the people who had gotten there before me. It's amazing!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software. It has saved me tons of time waiting at restaurants.

Madeline

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

As a restaurant employee this is terrible

It's a pain.

Pros

- you can text guests when their table is ready
- easy to look up reviews as a customer

Cons

As a host, this software is absolutely terrible. It is SO slow and LAGS!!!!! When moving tables around it doesn't know (I assume this is a software formula) to move a reservation to an open table so things can get overlapped EASILY and you have to MANUALLY move it. It is SOO unnecessary and time-consuming. Open table and switch a reservation when you move stuff automatically and is so much better. When a customer replies to an automated text and they write "stop" yelp will just cancel the reservation even if they don't reply with "3"

Joshua

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

Make Reservations at Your Favorite Restaurants

I've never had any issues with them. The benefits are being able to get a reservation at the time you want at your favorite restaurants. I wish more restaurants used this platform.

Pros

I like that I can make a reservation at my favorite restaurants anytime I want. Especially on the weekends when some of the places are extremely busy. It makes it very easy to make sure I get a table and don't have to wait for a chance to sit down. It is an extremely useful tool. I really prefer it to some of the other competition.

Cons

I wish it were a tad bit more interactive where I could actually talk to the business. But other than that this is completely a good platform.