About MYR POS

MYR POS is a cloud-based point of sale solution and was created specifically for the quick-serve and fast-casual restaurant segments. Customers typically include coffee shops, salad bars, pizza stands, ice cream shops, food...

4.2

Browse MYR POS Reviews

Maori

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Great Experience

This POS allowed us to centralize all the information in put it all in a cloud that is accessible from many devices. This has allowed our company to work more effectively and improve the customer experience by reducing the processing time of the orders. Would highly recommend!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to install and set up. Our employees understand how to use it very easily and emphasize that it reduced the line up time we had with our previous system. It looks very sleek because it is just an iPad and paying terminals, which allows to have more counter-top space. The customer service is very personalized, always willing to develop to help our needs. In addition, the reports are all online and we can manage all of our restaurant locations under one dashboard.

Cons

no cons so far. Every challenge we had was right away addressed by their customer service and we managed to find solutions that were tailored to our needs.

Veloce

Reasons for Choosing MYR POS

It did not match our company needs and customer service was very poor.

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Better customer service, the pricing was at a great value compare to the offered features and not a lot of expensive hardware to buy.
Laura

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

Great product!

Overall, I changed from Cluster to MYR and we are all satisfied. We get lots of new features that is adapted to our business and we get wowed by our clients all the time. When everything works

Pros

Very simple, super easy to use and to setup.

Cons

Service and updates. For some reason, I have problems at every update… And one thing that frustrated me the most is at the beginning I had to do my own setup. I am no expert in technology and felt pretty dumb asking so many questions to make sure I am doing everything properly. Service could be better, I know the boys are doing their best… when I am able to get a hold of them it’s 5 stars. They are patient and take their time to help. (Aka [SENSITIVE CONTENT])

Gabriel

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Some bugs in the beginning

Pros

The back office is really convenient, has great reports and easy to use.

Cons

Had some bugs in the beginning (not that many) but that were really inconvenient for the work flow. Those problems took many months to get fixed.

Reasons for Choosing MYR POS

Needed extra POS and wanted a more up to date system.

Veloce

The price.

Top MYR POS Alternatives

Ty

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

Great Decision

This was great with all the reports available that my accountant had access to. It took a lot of time and effort out of the equation and made it easier when tax season was around. Overall it helped to determine what was selling best and how better to manage my business

Pros

The ease of implementation was really important since I started the business by myself and needed something that was going to be very user friendly. Also the layout was very functional and helped to make check out and taking orders very easy.

Cons

There were some issues with keeping orders open and adding items - however this bug was fixed through an update

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

The overall customer experience. The sales person also had a cafe and shared a lot of great knowledge with me which really made me feel like more than just a sale
Darren

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

Solid way to run your cafe business !

Pros

Working with Koomi was one of the most important decisions we could have ever made for our cafe. Their software is so easy to use and it is so customizable. It's a breeze in rushes and new staff catch on in minutes. Seriously. Working the till/POS has never been so fast in serving customers quickly and accurately, and Koomi is the difference. Their support team is the best I've ever seen and highly recommend them.

Cons

Nothing much, actually. It's been such a positive experience from the start.

Square Point of Sale and Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Super informative demo and very conscientious team committed to handholding us thru the entire process, every step of the way. They kept all their promises, and then some!
Jean-Jacques

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Easy, fast and good value for money

From the beginning, a full satisfied experience. Demonstration of the software, implementation of the solution et using since 3 years, including calls to technical support.

Pros

Easy to use, to set up, to learn for employees and low expensive

Cons

Constant evolution of the software adapting to technical constraints as restaurants caracteristics

Maitre'D

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Hardware (iPad) les expensive, software more easy to use for a small business
Martin

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come!

It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Pros

Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine).

This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want.

I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Cons

No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

Gabriel

Reviewed on 17/9/2018

Easy to use, perfect for coffe shops

Very good experience in general.

Pros

Koomi is so easy to use. I usually change my settings and prices at home with my phone. The fact it's an app on a tablet is also super nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, the app has problem connecting with my wifi (sometimes it might be connections problem) but it seems I'm not the only one having those issues.

Response from Koomi

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your feedback !

Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV?

Jean-Jacques

Reviewed on 18/9/2018

Koomi is good for me

Koomi M is excellent with my bakery’s products. Adding or deleting products is easy.

Pros

Simple, efficient. No waste of time using koomi. Reports are clear and useable for accounting

Cons

Network management. Airport behind my routeur seems to be the origin of network problems

Response from Koomi

Hi Jean Jacques,

Etienne

Reviewed on 17/9/2018

Good ppa EAST to use

When we have to train staff it is very Fast for them to understand

Pros

Very easy to configure and use. Now
Works with square

Cons

Connection with mev is sometimes lost but I Think it is a mev issue not koomi

Response from Koomi

Hi Etienne,

Rick

Reviewed on 2/6/2022

Great POS Provider

Pros

The product is very easy to use and has great functionality. The team at MYR is extremely helpful and always willing to help.

Cons

Would like to see this in the app store as well as sometime it is hard to get guests to download to their device.

Maude

Reviewed on 13/9/2018

Restaurant Candide's review

We are able to have a total control over all of the items and so over the payment of every client that comes dine at Candide. We can change items daily and it only takes a minute. We are also able compile our data every day of every week with all of the reports available.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly to prepare bills as for all of the management of items and all of the reports available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when we switch from an app to the other and come back to koomi pos. The connection also fails a few times a night when we are not directly next to the router.

Francois

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Easy tomise

We received great support from Koomi and are able to customize the menu and reports.

Pros

Easy to install and use. Clear menu choices and multiple available reports

Cons

Inability to intergrate gift cards without the use of a third party

Jean-Philippe
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Easy, simple, good value

Overall, great software, easy to use, simple for the staff!

Pros

Easy to set up with admin log in, easy to use for my staff

Cons

To connect all the POS with the iPad, printer and clover, you absolutely need customer service to assist you.
No option to add lock screen with multiple user, only one code for the boss and that's it unlike Maitre D where the staff have to put their code before punching the order.

Clover

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Simple and cheap for my business
Nikola

Reviewed on 13/9/2018

Great system great staff

Pros

I like how easy the system is to use and the ability to add or delete items from my cellephone or any other device.

Cons

Honestly I don’t see any cons. When I have had issues it was not the system that was at fault.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

Great Local POS

It's very easy to use and very practical when your menu changes often.

Pros

that you can easily change your infos/items in the app

Cons

The layout of the app could be more organic. It's hard to see all the items when you check out to make sure you got the order right you need to recheck each item one by one instead of having a one slide resume.

Sam

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

We experienced a couple of technical issues but tech support is there. T
Wedid have times that we're critical an fee had to do everything's by hand. It got rectified the next day but I guess that's the price to pay when everything is online.

Pros

Easy to use. Good. Takes less spaces since it's an iPad.

Cons

No features for groups reservation to add service fee extras.

Response from Koomi

Hello Sam,

We do have an offline mode. If you would like to know how it works, please do call support and we will be happy to assist you!

Replied 19/11/2018
Sumbul

Reviewed on 25/7/2021

New users

Easy to use and train staff
Very happy!

Pros

Easy to setup
Easy to implement
Easy to add/modify/delete entries

Cons

Would like to see sale of total items somewhere on the pos and not just in the application

Square Point of Sale

Price Customer service
Martin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

Great software for a coffee shop

Great experience so far.

Pros

I like the fact that this software was tailored specifically to coffee shops. They understand my business and make the system very user friendly.

Cons

I haven’t really found a feature I dislike it or anything essential missing.

Marie

Reviewed on 18/3/2019

Koomi for everybody

Pros

As we are not a restaurant, I could not speak about certain features which we don't need, but Koomi is very easy to use and can be useful for every kind of shop.

Cons

Support and tips could be more detailed on the website.

Cristiana

Reviewed on 3/6/2022

Paul’s Pretzel

Overall good experience for a small business

Pros

Easy to use, easy to implement and vert straightforward training to use software

Cons

Very small company, not many transactions

Qishen
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 28/8/2020

Pros

In general, Koomi is very easy to operate and get used to.

Cons

Reporting system sometimes can be confusing.

Reviewed on 19/2/2019

Easy to use , works well , and fast!

We use Koomi because we need to use the MEV system and we like the Sqaure app for its speed and ease of use. Koomi has allowed us to do this seamlessly.

It’s fast and easy to use , if you have questions the support team is there to answer.

Pros

User friendly , works fast. Since starting with Koomi we haven’t encountered any problems so far , it’s been a smooth transition. I would recommend.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind because it is doing the job that it’s supposed to do.

Mathieu

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Most efficient POS software

Pros

Easy-to-use, especially in the restaurant industry where the employee turnover, is high, the system needs to be simple to use and this is what Koomi offers. Plus the opportunity to have a dedicated mobile app for my coffee shop is a huge must.

Cons

There are some leak of integrations but the team is really pushing integration with various software on the market.

Marie

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Koomi POS review

It’s been great soo far. Some glitches on daily use that still have to be worked out and need to contact customer support.

Pros

Ease of set up. Great communication with customer care.

Cons

Not in person training (telephone training)