Buddy Punch Reviews

About Buddy Punch

Buddy Punch is a cloud-based time clock solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. Key features include overtime calculating, GPS tracking, PTO accrual, time card approval and job costing. Buddy Punch enables employees to...

4.7

Browse Buddy Punch Reviews

Katrina
Katrina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Great time keeping app

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

Pros

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

Cons

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Replied 24/1/2019
Aaron

Reviewed on 24/4/2024

Best Punch System!

Pros

Ease of use, easy to make corrections.

Cons

I honestly don't have any con's, its wonderful system

Response from Buddy Punch

Aaron, we're thrilled to hear you think Buddy Punch is the best! Thank you for highlighting its ease of use and simplicity in making corrections. We're glad it's all working wonderfully for you!

Replied 26/4/2024
Danielle

Reviewed on 22/2/2024

Easy to use and gets the job done

Using buddy punch has been very easy to use and does 90% of what we were looking for.

Pros

Ease of use and user friendly for everyone.

Cons

Would be nice to have a feature that can email you the timesheets weekly one a certain day in nice format like on buddy punch not in excel spread sheet where you have to make sure to autofit the columns to see all the info.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your feedback, Danielle. It's great to know that Buddy Punch's ease of use and remote clock-in features are serving your team well. We understand the importance of having timesheets easily accessible by email in a user-friendly format and are exploring improvements based on your suggestion. We aim to cover that last 10% and fully meet your needs :)

Replied 26/2/2024

Top Buddy Punch Alternatives

Courtney
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

Buddy Punch Review

Started using Buddy Punch in November of 2022 when I was Hired at Swift. I honestly like being able to login this way, see my entire week laid out in front of me- I just really like the ease of tracking my hours on Buddy Punch.

Pros

I enjoy being able to clock in & out of my account with ease, easily fix any mistakes if I forget to clock out & make a note of it, etc.

Cons

Everytime I login it always asks me for permission to use my camera. I do NOT like this & don't understand why it asks me this every. single. time I login. Very annoying.

Response from Buddy Punch

It's great to know that Buddy Punch is working well for you in tracking your hours. Should the camera permission prompt continue to be a concern, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team, Courtney. We're here to help and make sure your experience is hassle-free. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Replied 30/1/2024
Ron

Reviewed on 1/4/2024

So Easy to Use!

Pros

Ease of use and accuracy for both time and PTO

Cons

I did not like the name at first but now I am used to it.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks, Ron! We're thrilled that the ease and accuracy of Buddy Punch have made a positive difference in managing your time and PTO. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Replied 2/4/2024
Whitney
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

Shallow Water

Pros

I like how quick and easy it is to use from the office and at home

Cons

Can't adjust time and have to write notes

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for sharing, Whitney! We're pleased to know Buddy Punch has been quick and easy for your use across different locations. Just a reminder, you do have the ability to adjust time entries directly in the system. If you're unsure how to do this or need any help, please contact our support team. We're committed to ensuring your experience is as smooth as possible!

Replied 23/4/2024
Tessa
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 25/4/2024

Great system

Overall I enjoy using the system it has been a great contribution to our company

Pros

The ease of putting in employee schedules

Cons

I don't like that you have to submit your time each week

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you, Tessa! It's wonderful to know you find putting in employee schedules easy and that Buddy Punch has positively impacted your organization. We appreciate your thoughts on the time submission process and are always looking for ways to improve.

Replied 26/4/2024
Mohamed

Reviewed on 7/5/2024

Amazing time tracking App

Pros

ease and cheap which all team member can use without any problem

Cons

nothing is remarkable everything is great

Response from Buddy Punch

It's great to hear that you and your team find our time tracking app amazing, easy to use, and cost-effective, Mohamed! We're delighted everything is working smoothly for you. If there's ever anything we can do to make your experience even better, please let us know.

Replied 9/5/2024
Irene

Reviewed on 3/5/2024

BuddyPunch - easy for timekeeping

I've enjoyed using Buddy Punch on a daily basis for timekeeping. It is easy to use and was easy to learn when we started using it.

Pros

Ease of use for daily timekeeping purposes

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like.

Response from Buddy Punch

It’s fantastic to hear how well Buddy Punch is working for your daily timekeeping needs, Irene! We’re thrilled that you find it easy to use and learn. Thanks for letting us know, and remember, we're here if you ever need any support!

Replied 7/5/2024
cristian
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 5/4/2024

our employees love it!

Pros

very affordable, easy for employees to learn, cuts out grey areas in time sheets

Cons

so far very happy haven't had any situations come up that would make us doubt the product

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks, Cristian! Glad to know Buddy Punch is a hit with your employees and that it's making time tracking clearer and more straightforward. Your happiness with our product is what we strive for!

Replied 8/4/2024
Wendy
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

Helpful and Useful

We have only been using this software since 1-1-2022 and for the most part it have been very useful for everything that I have need it to do for me. If we need help or have a question [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been able to reach out to our contact person and they have been very helpful.

Pros

I can see at any point and time when an employee punchedin or out daily, payroll period, monthly total hours etc.

Cons

I really wish under reports that I can pull a report such as when did each employee start working for the company. To be able to pull a report showing each employee with other HIS reporting information that is used for various information

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

Out dated and we were using a couple different systems to do what we can with Buddy Punch. Your software was very user friendly and easy to learn and set up.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

we looked at 4 other systems as well. I have personally worked with ADP Workforce(would not work for our needs), WorkDay (not user friendly), ADP could not track driver and other projects that we were looking for. You gave the option of several ways of tracking our field employees if need be such and satellite per stop, per driver etc.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Wendy, it is great to hear that you're finding us helpful and useful. We appreciate the 10 out of 10 rating and your business!

Replied 29/9/2022
Albert
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

HR Management Software Business should implement

The overall experience using Buddy Punch within our business has been positive and we are glad that we chose it as a software. We would recommend business to try it as it is also reasonable to any business in terms of its cost.

Pros

This software has led our business to reduce a lot of costs when it comes to human resources management, payroll and time tracking. We implemented this software into our business as our employees exceeded 8 as we were finding it difficult to keep track of time, work, payroll, etc. This software has really helped us in this regard and we also saved a lot of time.

Cons

The only small issues faced were that sometimes the software was a bit slow and the screen gets stuck but otherwise we are quite pleased.

Deputy

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

A business partner recommended us Buddy Punch as he used to use it in another business and it was working quite efficiently for them so we decided to go for it.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Albert, we appreciate the review and the recommendation! It is great to hear that we're helping your business save time.

Replied 29/11/2022
Cathie
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

Buddy Punch is the BEST!

Our experience has been phenomenal.

Pros

I like the fact that the support staff is very willing to try to accommodate requests that we have.

Cons

I would like it if we could put Exempt employees on the system, just to track PTO.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Cathie for the review and kind words! We always try to help with support, even if we don't offer a feature we try to find a way to accomplish what you are looking to do. In regards to employees just tracking time off, they can do that too - there isn't a requirement to track time. We'll reach out with more details, thanks again!

Replied 3/11/2020
CHRISTINA
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/7/2021

Buddy Punch Review

Pros

Ease of use and online accessibility. Easily to use reports.

Cons

Time Card Approval is a little redundant and repetitive.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Christina for your review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. Our time card approval feature is an optional one, it can be turned off it not needed. Thanks again!

Replied 27/7/2021
CONNIE
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Buddy Punch Review

I had used other more expensive systems at previous employers and Buddy Punch has be more than sufficient for our size of business. It is easy to run the reports- PTO, location of services, and the geofence. My favorite time in option was the facial recognition- the main problem with it was if someone had a beard and then shaved it or got a major change in hair styles we had to take their picture again.

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to set up and use. Once staff is set up in Buddy Punch they are able to manage their time cards with min assistance. We have used the facial recognition and the scan code- The facial recognition works the most consistently. It is pretty self explanatory for staff to be able to put in PTO for approval and add notes if they need a time adjustment because they forgot to time in or out. There are several reports we use including the location worked, pto, and the location of timing in or out. We had staff that would time in or out from their car on their phone when they were to time in and out on the computer. We were able to monitor that and reinstruct the staff.

Cons

When an employee needs to be removed from the active payroll it takes a few weeks for the persons name to be moved to the inactive list. We tried using the QR codes for timing in and out but the staff would forget their card, the computer would not recognize the card or if their was a poor light, it would be difficult to get it read.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Connie for the review! It is great to hear that you're utilizing many of our features including Facial Recognition and that you're finding us easy to use! Also in regards to the inactive employees, you are not charged for inactive users but you'll still see a time card for them in case they had any time worked for the pay period or if you wanted to add any manually. Them having a time card doesn't affect their inactive status. Thanks again for the review and your business, we appreciate it!

Replied 23/12/2020
Mia

Reviewed on 25/3/2020

Easy and simple to use

This program does exactly what i want it do. I needed a simple time keeping app where i could customize things to suit each employee and I found it. They haven't had any issues minus forgetting to clock in or out but those are easy fixes.
If i have any questions i just use the messaging center and someone is always quick to respond and they have always been able to solve the problem or clarify something i may not Have understood.

Pros

The ability to control what employees are able todo like adding time that was forgotten some employees require an approval so i am able to confirm they're where bouts prior to approval. Its very easy for me to go in and add or fix employees time.
I also like that i can turn the gps tracker on and off.
I like the ability to track where employees are Because prior to this app we had an employee who was being dishonest about where they were and it cost is money when it came to billing customer.

Cons

Wish i could print all the time sheets for the employees at once instead of having to individually print each employees time card from excel.
Its a Minor inconvenience but ot would save time

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Mia for the review! It is great to hear you are making use of our GPS and time editing features. We do have a report that can batch all time cards together in PDF format called our Employee Detail report. I will reach out to you. Thanks again!

Replied 26/3/2020
Kate

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Absolutely stellar customer support, works exactly as advertised

Pros

The Customer Support team is super responsive, thorough, and effective. Their support software allows for much quicker response times than you could get on the phone. Their team is knowledgeable about my organization and the way that we use the platform - I have received many helpful suggestions to how we can best leverage the BuddyPunch platform in our sometimes complicated organizational structure. We have had very few issues, but have always received immediate resolutions when anything has come up. The software is straightforward and well-run, and was easily understood by our team of 55+ non-technical staff of all ages. I appreciate that new releases are well-tested before they are launched and free of bugs - the BuddyPunch team does a great job of maintaining the integrity of the application while continuing to add more value to the software frequently. We have had consistent experiences on the web version as well as iOS and Android apps for the life of our subscription.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in reporting outside of the confines of the predefined reports.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you so much for the review Kate. I'm glad that we're providing an easy to use solution and that you find our support quick and knowledgeable! I'm glad that you're also taking advantage of our smartphone apps and I appreciate your comments about a bug free experience. We do our best to thoroughly test everything we release. Also thanks for the feedback on our reports, we are looking to add additional reporting options in the future. Also if needed we do have an API that can be used to integrate with. Thanks again!

Replied 21/11/2017
Mike

Reviewed on 10/9/2016

How good is buddypunch?

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood.

Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs.

Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button.

They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time.
Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site.

There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.

Pros

Good design

Intuitive

Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Cons

People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Replied 12/9/2016
Domanic
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Buddy Punch Review

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Pros

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Cons

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Replied 10/10/2019
Rafael
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/8/2016

Payroll Time Savior

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

Pros

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Cons

None

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Replied 9/8/2016
Alex
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 19/4/2023

Simply the BEST in the industry -

Pros

Buddy Punch is incredibly user friendly, easy to navigate, and has all the right tools and more for every day on-site or remote operations. Their customer support is second to NONE - always super responsive and knowledgeable while providing BEYOND this world stellar customer service. Regardless of industry - Buddy Punch is a great and reliable tool to improve efficiency and productivity.

Cons

The mobile experience could benefit from adding features only available on the browser and there are some reporting metrics that are missing but these are all minor items as the platform is very incredibly solid overall.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Alex for the review and kind words about our support team. We really do try to make it best in class and we're happy to hear that it shows! We appreciate your business!

Replied 20/4/2023
Rhonda

Reviewed on 18/1/2024

The Champion of Employee Time Tracking

Pros

Buddy Punch is super easy to use, and has all the features one would need to have an efficient time tracking system. The customer service is top tier, and the reps are incredibly knowledgeable. Not only is Buddy Punch easy to use, but it is affordable, even for a small business. I've recommended Buddy Punch to others, and they love it. Glad I found them.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I have come across since using Buddy Punch.

Response from Buddy Punch

We're absolutely delighted to know that Buddy Punch has been super easy to use and efficient for your time tracking needs, Rhonda. Your kind words about our customer service and the affordability for small businesses are greatly appreciated. It's wonderful to hear about your recommendations and the positive feedback from others. Thank you for being such a strong advocate for Buddy Punch!

Replied 19/1/2024
Josh
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Lopez Electric Time Clock

Pros

We mainly use BuddyPunch for time clock feature and use the GPS feature to track where our employees clock in and out since they do so at a remote site. The feature is accurate and is easy to use on our employees phones. If there are any issues it is easy for the administrator to log in and correct them.

Cons

There's not much bad to say about the software. We are a small company and we do not integrate BuddyPunch with our payroll, so the only thing that is an issue is trying to print out the timecards without cutting off some of the clock in time's.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Josh for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS feature and that your employees are finding us easy to use. If you ever need any help with report formatting please let us know, we are happy to take a look. We appreciate your business!

Replied 25/1/2023
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 2/10/2023

Employee Scheduling

Besides being easy to use, the buddy Punch team is knowledgeable and can answer any question you might have about the software.

Pros

Easy to use. Many of my employees are students with ever changing schedules. Buddy Punch is easy to use and change schedules weekly or even daily as things come up. BP tracks the time the employee is logged in so I don't have to.

Cons

No cons. It does everything I need in scheduling and time tracking.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you David for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our scheduling feature and that everyone on your team is finding us easy to use. We appreciate your business!

Replied 4/10/2023
Kenia
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 24/9/2018

Super Convenient

Overall buddy punch is the best time clock system we have had. Very easy to use and has everything you need.

Pros

I love that when you sign in from the computer you see your time on the right and the option to clock in/ out on the left. Basically everything you need right away. I don't have admin access but I know they are able to easily fix your time if you miss a punch along with other features to keep it simple.

Cons

I don't like that everything is clock in/out. In the past we have had it where it summarizes the day and you can tell how many total hours for that day. and at any time that you log in you can see what the total time is for when you last clocked in/out. i.e when we clock out for lunch we like to check and see how much time we have until getting back to work. or when we arrive late I like to know how much more time I need to make the 8 hours for the day.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks Kenia for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us convenient, easy to use, and everything is right where you need it. Thanks for the feedback as well, you can currently see shift and daily totals right from the Time Card, but we'll look to add in current shift totals as well. Thanks again.

Replied 25/9/2018