Housecall Pro Reviews

About Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro is a cloud-based field service management app for service professionals to automate workflows and streamline technician dispatch. This solution includes a native mobile app and complementary web portal and serves a...

Browse Housecall Pro Reviews

2,789 of 2,789 reviews
Jonathon
Jonathon

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros & Cons about Housecall Pro

My overall experience is GREAT! I've used two other software platforms and HCP by far is more superior!!

Pros

1. Reporting

2. User Friendly

3. With the integrated CC processing my techs are receiving 30% higher amount in tips.

4. It actually works in the field.

Cons

1. My industry doesn't have the correct work flow.

2. Not blocking time out while in the process of booking a job.

3. Refreshing the screen to ensure the schedule is the same. We have a pretty fluid schedule being Junk Removal.

Workiz

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Jobber was Glitchy and support wasn't that good. Vonigo was to rigid and complicated, my teams always had to call into the office to so they didn't waste the customers time getting payment or scheduling another appt.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

House call pro has marketing software built in! HCP has review software built in! HCP has a cc processor that accepts tips! Workiz didn't have any of those!!!!! Lastly I want'ed a U.S.A. based company who is local and were both in San Diego County!
Trish
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 17/2/2023

I am obsessed!

We came running back to HCP after using another software for a year. Our breaking point with that software was the price book being outrageously difficult to utilize. With the new DOE changes for 2023, ALL hvac major equipment has been changed and we needed to do update that accordingly. The price book in HCP is smart, helpful, calculated, and still very easy to figure out and utilize.

Pros

We used HCP for years when we decided to move to another software. After a year on that other software, we came RUNNING back to HCP for many reasons. The biggest reasons? Ease of use, amazing features, customer service, and price points.

Cons

Auto pricing for Maintenance Plan Agreements. It is technically there but having it more in depth would be great. Example: Our Gold Level get $0 service call fee-10% off materials-$50 off new system. HCP provides that 10% off though so still an absolutely amazing feature!

Response from Housecall Pro

WOW! Love to see it! Thanks for the review! Curious to learn more about the issues with the service agreements, feel free to shoot me an email via [email protected] so we can help!

Replied 23/2/2023
karen

Reviewed on 17/6/2022

What were they thinking?!?

Used to be a big supporter. Now feel betrayed. This experience is moving me to look for other solutions. Moving will be a giant expense in time and training and data movement....but i have to work with partners i can trust and believe in. HCP is no longer that partner...I can see that now. Very disappointed. If you plan to grow to more than 5 employees - this is not the solution for you based on their current predatory pricing plan.

Pros

Good product- does what it is supposed to do. You can schedule jobs, invoice customers, and develop a nice database of what you did with each customer. It has limitations and its share of glitches Support is mediocre but it is available. I've been a fan for a long time and have brought a number of businesses over to use their software. No more though.

Cons

If you grow from 5 to 6 employees watch out - its time to move to another software provider in my opinion. The pricing plan allows up to 5 employees for 1 set price. Keep in mind one of those 5 employees is your office staff so you really only get 4 field techs. If you add the 6th employee your HCP monthly price more than doubles the entire cost of the plan. There is now no longer a way to add 1 employee to their mid-tier plan - you have to move to the high tier plan. You can purchase 2 of the mid tier plans for less than the price of their high tier plan - this is just so ill-conceived! Last year we were able to add 1 additional employee for just a set fee per employee which was very reasonable. WHen that employee quit we were back down to 5...so were unaware that in June 2022 they made this change wiping out the ability to add an incremental employee without having to jump to the next tier. I am gobsmacked by how wrong of move this was on their part. The whole point of this software is helping you to grow your business - but apparently as soon as you do grow boy do they punish you for it!

Additionally their search function for the "pricebook" leaves a lot to be desired. If you type in a keyword like "flange" and you have multiple items with that keyword in the description you expect all of the items with that keyword to appear. It doesn't. Only some do. No rhyme or reason to it.

Uploading photos from field is dodgy and slow. Reports availble are not reliable or accurate

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied 21/6/2022

Top Housecall Pro Alternatives

Isaac
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 16/4/2024

The Consolidated Payment Solution.

Housecall Pro has elaborate invoicing solution for companies.

Pros

Housecall Pro has incredible billing procedures that maintains accountability.

Cons

Housecall Pro is ideal and fruitful in managing payments.

Rosemary

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

HouseCall Pro

Pros

I love that I can do almost everything with this software. It has helped our company grow and I love that we are able to grow with HouseCall Pro.

Cons

I would really like to have inventory management available and I do not like working with Stripe for the payment processing. I am however, glad that they are starting to allow payroll though.

FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Because HouseCall Pro has more features available that I needed to be able to utilize such as maintenance plans and GPS tracking.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

The Price, the ease of use, and features.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Rosemary, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied 10/11/2022
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

Don’t choose a premium cloud solution for scheduling and invoicing without giving Housecall a...

Great support both technically and from a corporate level with live events they add value as a user of the product and as a business manager/owner. Tremendous commitment to support the “pros” that make up their customer base

Pros

Ease of use, but full featured, strong mobile app as well as desktop. Integration with Quickbooks online version Also google maps integration and GPS. Online book from our website directly to the software works well.

Cons

Lack of ability to have tech to accept the jobs through the app since we work with independent contractors who can refuse jobs they don’t want. Also there does not seem to be a way for customers to choose the crew they want when booking online

Kevin
Kevin

Reviewed on 31/1/2021

Great value for most small businesses

It has been great!

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. I have had no issues implementing it in my day to day operations.

Cons

I would like to be able to make changes directly from the reporting screen (update tags, add/delete info, etc)

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

For daily service companies

It did get me thinking about how I do my books now which I use a software and I also log a general ledger by hand.

Pros

It keeps track of each project on a daily basis, My business is setup to where we could be on the same job for 1 week or 2 months , this software is best for daily services businesses.

Cons

That it did keep daily track of your operations, financial and cost of expenses including materials and labor efficiency.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Builder trend was to expensive and definitely not in my budget but also it was for bigger companies

Buildertrend
Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

I LOVE USING HOUSECALL PRO IN OUR HOME SERVICE BUSINESS

HOUSECALL PRO HAS STREAMLINED MY INVOICING, CUSTOMER DATA STORAGE, CUSTOMER INTERACTION, AND MUCH MORE. THE SOFTWARE IS CONTINUALLY GETTING BETTER AND THE CUSTOMER SUPORT INTERACTION IS ABOVE AVERAGE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH HOUSECALL PRO!!

Pros

FUNCTIONALITY, TECH SUPPORT, AND VALUE VS PRICE

Cons

IT IS ONLY USABLE WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION FOR INVOICEING. I WOULD ALSO LIKE A VERSION THAT WORKS IN THE FIELD WHERE INTERNET IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Orville Davis,
Orville Davis,
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 6/3/2021

Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries

I love Housecall Pro

Pros

I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

Cons

A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

Workiz

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

The sales team was very informative and not pressuring.
Christina

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

Common Sense Approach to Managing your Clients and Employees!

Sometimes, using multiple software applications, to try and get one job done can be frustrating. Not so with HouseCall Pro. The customer service over chat is so quick and easy, as well as the "tips and troubleshooting" search -- any problems I am having are usually "self-generated." LOL!

Pros

This has got to be the easiest "learning curve" I have ever experienced. Coming from a completely different industry, to manage the office here was a bit daunting. BUT - HouseCall Pro made it much easier.
a) Customers: Easy to set up customers in system, note their special preferences, create "tags" to track for where they heard about us, and contact them via emails or texts. Each account has the Zillow pic and profile of each of our customers - providing a wealth of information to us before we even arrive to service their home.
b) Employees: Love the "personal touch" of adding the photos of our team - Our customers can see who is arriving - and - with the notification system, they know when they will be there. TimeTracker makes payroll a snap, and allows employees the flexibility to check in and out while out in the field thru the app - not tied to a punch clock or computer in the office.
c) Scheduling: Easy to use, nice 'color-coding' features for each employee, with options to notify your customer of changes or not. Quickly able to schedule on the fly, thru the phone app. Can look day, week or month with a quick tab change.
d) Invoicing: LOVE it --- the team can enter in all their details, which would normally have to be transcribed from paper notes, on the Work Orders thru the phone app. Nice presentation to the customers, with immediate email invoice available, the minute the job is done and paid for. AND it flows to QuickBooks!

Cons

Creating "work arounds" for creating multiple sub-accounts for a main client. Sometimes, there needs to be a three layer deep ability to categorize a customer. Example: Parent Company (Main Customer), which has multiple condominium complexes (Sub Accounts of Main Customer)- each one having its own name/ billing account, and then, the need to create sub accounts for each Condo Complex (a Sub Sub Account) - for each individual Unit (for service address)

Kathryn

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Makes my job so much easier!

Before Housecall Pro, my previous employer had stacks of paper invoices she was trying to collect on and manually texting out service calls to each of her in-field technicians EVERY DAY.
I was hired specifically to help implement an easier way to operate her small but growing HVAC company.

I started research on the different software available and even trialed two before I came across Housecall Pro. One week after implementing and training our technicians we saw a significant improvement in communication between staff and customers as well as collecting on invoices.

I was so pleased with Housecall Pro I recommended it to a family member who also has an HVAC company out of Phoenix. I now work remotely for him and cannot be more thrilled that I am again working with Housecall Pro.

Thank you for such awesome customer service and a great overall product. This software was perfect for the small service-based business's I have had the pleasure to work with.

Pros

With my main responsibility being dispatching service calls and administrative work, Housecall Pro makes it so easy to have all of the information in one place. You are able to see the status of service calls and invoice homeowners directly from the app. Another great feature of Housecall Pro is offering direct communication with customers and employees via text from the app. The convenience of an online dispatching system is that information can be accessed and updated in real-time so that everyone has accurate information at all times.

Customer service agents are available via chat during business hours and provide solutions to problems that you have within minutes which is also very helpful and reassuring when you have questions.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about Housecall Pro. Housecall Pro will continue to offer an excellent product, while actively improving their site and adding new features on a regular basis.

Service Fusion

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Testing for the best product to fit the company's needs and size.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

It was easier, affordable, and offers the most for your money.
Nathan

Reviewed on 22/3/2020

Very good quality software for extremely reasonable price.

A most pleasant surprise that I never planned on having. Now it's hard to imagine not having it for a tool. Progressive changes and additions evolve the software frequently. But user interaction is fairly simple to learn. The capabilities to help with a companies growth and customer experience are immense and always getting better.

Pros

A software service I just stumbled upon through a distributors app. Had no plan to sign up at all. I wanted the free gift for completion of a demo. It has helped in ways that I never thought would be a need for my business. My clients appreciate the messaging/reminder of services plus real time updates to arrival. All paperless invoicing saves on overhead. Highly professional looking invoices that provide my customers an itemized description of their service. Customers open an invoice and click the pay link or can pay by credit card reader with standard rates or lower. Easily links to quickbooks. And then automated thank you emails with requests for reviews.

Cons

I find it difficult to link my reviews across all platforms available to my customers. Having nearly 100 reviews with a perfect 5 star rating and well written reviews about my services provided, if new potential customers can't see them across other platforms is somewhat useless.

Procore

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Less expensive and seemed geared more towards HVAC with some pre packaged industry specific templates.
Derek

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

HVAC business

Pros

It's relatively easy to use. I can schedule an estimate, then convert it to a job once approved, send the invoice and even take payments through the website/app

Cons

The online scheduling option seems like it could be a good feature, but our company doesn't use it much and the times we have used it, the emails just got lost or customers selected the wrong responses which led to confusion.
Scheduling a job that takes multiple days is also a bit of a nuisance. We switched from Jobber, and they were so easy to schedule a multiple day job.

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Jobber was lacking some features that HCP had. Jobber also had some good features that HCP does not. In the end, the pros outweighed the cons and we made the switch.

Jobber

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Derek, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied 10/11/2022
Joshua
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 5/6/2020

Housecall Pro in the HVAC field

From customer service, integration and ease of use this product can't be beat

Pros

The scheduling feature alone makes our daily operation extremely efficient, couple that with the customer notification system and you have a full office in the palm of your hand!

Cons

We haven't found anything yet! The system is very easy to use!

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

We were looking to go digital and paperless. We are a small company and were looking for an edge to set us apart from other companies in our area who use traditional service tickets and office personnel for scheduling and record keeping. This program reduces our need for office time and keeps everyone informed with what is going on during our day and gets us into the field faster than traditional methods.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Cost, ease of use, available add on options and integration with quick books.
Julie

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

My HCP experience

HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.

Pros

I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal.

Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

Cons

The times on the schedule page, need to somehow be highlighted or the top of the hour bolded. It is really difficult to schedule an appointment on the week view for Friday, because the time is in the far left margin.

I would love to have the ability to make comments on the time card section. That way when I need to make a change to an employee's time card, I can also note why the change was made.

The way that the credit card payments integrate with quickbooks is frustrating, as I have to go to each transaction and manually change where it posts the payment. I would like to have the ability to designate where the payment goes. In addition, it would be nice to change the QB display name on HCP ourselves, instead of talking with customer support. One more thing, can payments affecting more than one invoice be posted as one payment, versus each individual invoice. This would make processing deposits so much easier.

Barry
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

House call review

Pros

App use experience is phenomenal. I have written estimates In a time crunch in the driveway of the customers house b4 a sales meeting. While not ideal, the ability to have something for my client rather than nothing is all the difference. Only Houscall makes this possible.

Cons

Housecall over all gets 5 stars , no question about it. The only reason I gave 4 stars is some areas is because I am seeing the potential of the product and would like to see house call achieve that potential.
Web based use is definitely not the same experience as the app. Pages bog, cursors lag, and it takes time to write proposals and navigate.
While the organization of the web based platform is truly superior, the navigation is not.
I choose to log on the web based platform because of the clarity and organizational benefits but I often find myself frustrated, losing unsaved pages or saying “ common”.
With that said there is nothing that even comes close to what housecall offers me so take that criticism in perspective to the the truly awesomeness of house call as a whole.
I would like to add that house call software engineers have come up with some great ideas! Ideas I never knew I needed but now can not go with out.
Features such as street view and home value in the customers page is very helpful. Other helpful features SA colab with employees and sales updates, employee tracking and credit card processing on site are In app features I have been introduced to that I can’t live with out. These features may not seem like the back bone of your business head on but i can tell you in hindsight they all add up and contribute to your over all competitive edge.

Brian

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Housecall Pro Getting Better With Age.

We are a small HVAC service and install company. Using Housecall Pro has been a positive experience. It has greatly improved scheduling for both customers and employees. A/R has been a very positive aspect. Integration with QB has made the accounting side of the business cleaner with less conflict. We are now beginning to use the service contract feature. HCP support always respond in a timely fashion and are always seeking to improve.

Pros

Seamless integration with Quickbooks is the most important feature. Once we learned to categorize where we wanted charges to show in QB such as "Labor" or "Material & Supplies" then reconciliation became easy. Software is easy to navigate and customize. Scheduling service for our customers is a major feature and increases customer confidence. Our A/R has improved dramatically. More of our customers use the pay online feature and the ability to accept cc payments is a huge plus. Admin settings allow to set cc minimum payments and employee access through mobile app.

Cons

Would love have an attachment icon in customer history window indicating service calls that have attached photos or documents uploaded without having to open each one individually. I would also like to have the ability to record customer equipment Model & Serial #'s and connect services to particular equipment. Example: Customer has (5) individual air con systems. Enter Model & Serial #'s, and name systems. Then all future service at that site can be attached to a particular piece of equipment with the ability to run a report. Options for "Summer" & "Winter" maintenance to run reports for recurring future would also be on my wish list.

Reviewed on 28/1/2020

Missing Key Features. Look Elsewhere.

Don't pull the trigger yet. It doesn't do what you will need and want it to. Keep searching for better options.

This does the job that quickbooks doesn't... scheduling, but this software could be so much better if the software developers actually ran a service business and used this in front of customers. I'm sure that by the 5th time they had to type their contact info into the body of an email before they sent an invoice, they would add the functionality to be able to customize the default. If they had to go through every day and send out their payment reminders, they would add automatic functionality (like Quickbooks did).

My overall impression and experience is that they made their software, now they are going to sell it. Now that they've sold it, they are gonna raise the price (253% if I want to continue be able to send "on my way" messages). Sure, they have done some bug fixes, but they have pretty much stopped adding features and functionality to the software.

Pros

The best thing about Housecall Pro is the invoice that the customers see. It is clean, easy to read, and makes online payment easy. Payment can be made directly from the invoice and there is no need for the customer to open a web portal or log in to view and pay invoices. The mobile app dashboard is great for getting to the job... one tap to send an "on my way" message and another tap to open up google maps. easy.

Cons

The invoicing features (or lack thereof) are infuriating!

1. When you are creating invoices, you can't edit the default email message to have it save your preferences. You have to type out or copy and paste your custom text EVERY INVOICE YOU SEND. I would like to send a nice "thank you for using my services", "refer us", "call with questions" message with all my invoices, but it is a huge pain in the butt and takes too long to do it EVERY TIME!

2. If most of your customers are net 30, there are no automatic payment reminders or Payment Past Due notices. you have to do all of that manually. Since the software doesn't allow for custom email templates, each reminder you send has to be typed out manually or copied and pasted from a Word Doc.

3. The invoices are lacking different areas to add important information and instead rely on a general "Notes" text box at the bottom for Purchase Order numbers, billing disclaimers, and job notes. It gets busy fast.

4. The software and app are generally "clunky" to use. The interface requires a lot of full page loads vs drop down or pop-up fields in order to create a new customer and invoice so it takes twice the time it should, especially with a spotty data connection.

5. There is not a true CRM (customer relationship management) functionality. You can create email marketing campaigns, but it won't remind you customer's birthdays, or when someone has hit a loyalty program milestone, or let you auto-schedule calls or texts.

Scott

Reviewed on 6/5/2020

Pro user

Before joining house call Pro I had just purchased 500 invoices for over $100 and I've only used since then maybe 12:00 house call Pro makes it easier with invoicing scheduling the pricing when booking job is very difficult because your categories are too long so when you look at the price list on your phone for example it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for I really believe this is your number one problem on your house call Pro at if you could fix this as well as the Rolodex problem for example when a customer calls in it shows house call Pro customer but then you look them up on the Rolodex and hit the search hourglass they do not come up so what's the use even having it I have gotten lucky before was able to do it by scrolling down a little bit but it's just doesn't make sense I would spend a little money and get some programmers and fix both of those problems it's very important that you abbreviate carpet is CPT uppercase C or all uppercase and in clean until there's more room to the right of that to put the title of what the item is in the price list I don't mean to jump around a little bit but I just got off work and I'm trying to wind down.

Pros

Scheduling jobs. But there are several problems with scheduling jobs that I mention later in this review please pay attention it could help your business a great deal I know from experience in the past dealing with other marketing companies such as Angie's List what they have done wrong the information provided here is priceless I have a degree in marketing please listen to what I have to say I think you all have great positive attitude and I really appreciate who you are but I really believe there's some issues that you need to fix at a low cost compared to the amount of money that house call Pro will lose in the future please consider everything in this review that I have to say and I promise you will be number one in this industry because already you show that you care by having the pros the people that really take this seriously go to your company meetings that is very intelligent but please read what I have to say here thank you!

Cons

I think this app needs some work for example existing customers is almost impossible to locate but you know they're in the Rolodex for one house called does have it right by showing that it's a previous customer but how do you look that person up in the Rolodex it's virtually impossible I get lucky every now and then but I've given up. The other problem is I paid $50 for a credit cards swiping product but it doesn't work and I don't quite get the text messages but if house call Pro had a live person I could figure out a lot more but it doesn't seem to exist I was at one time in contact with an [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and then they drop the ball I have nobody to talk to and another thing is when you do talk to people you should make it to where you are automatically emailed for a customer a representative review so then your representatives do a better job and try their best for example Angie's List represented always had a chip on their shoulders even though they were review company they never reviewed themselves I've watched them go from nine hundred million dollars almost a billion dollars down to five hundred million dollars and sold out with a Icee at 550 million dollars all because nobody would listen to their business partner Scott Watkins. I have a lot of entrepreneurial ideas and place I am soon retiring from carpet cleaning and I will be a multi-millionaire it would be in the best of of interest of house call Pro to listen to my advice I have a degree in marketing.

Dereck

Reviewed on 24/7/2020

Great addition to our small business.

1. Able to stay more organized.
2. Able to send out estimates faster.
3. Able to locate customers accounts faster.

Pros

1. Automated text within the app.
2. Start and finish times within the app.
3. Seems like there is always something new to learn and include in to your system. Excited to implement the new apps and features in the future.
4. Responses from the customer service chat are excellent and helpful.
5. Review toggle.
6. Pro Talks and take a lot of time to help make our business successful.
7. I like that every step or change that you make to accounts is documented.
8. The app dashboard snap shot of things happening or that has happened is great.

Cons

1. The way the notification stays active when a customer sends you a video message.
2. Sometimes the customers address when clicked within the app does not load properly on the maps you have chosen. Seems to work intermittently.
3. When texting a customer using the HCP provided number within the app and you click outside of the message box it does not allow you to come back in and click and move around the message box. Some instances if you wait to long the message disappears. We have gone to texting ourselves and then copying and pasting.
4. It would be helpful to have a reminder on the dashboard to snail mail invoices when a client doesn't have an email.
5. You cannot copy and paste from a text messaging portion within the app. i.e. Follow up to a previous text.
6. In order to search a phone number or customer on the desktop browser, I have to click within the customer tab. Wish there was a search bar within each tab on the dashboard.
7. Wish there was a way to toggle the reviews within the app with administrator access not tech access. Sometimes when turning on and off the reviews on your smart phone it opens the app automatically when safari is clicked unless you delete the cookies.
8. A follow up button with an automated email in a customers account, on the estimate page would be helpful, showing the follow up date and time and maybe does not allow you after so many attempts.

Alyssa
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Incompetence is Damaging my Business

We inherited the use of this software from someone whose business we purchased. It looked promising and we decided to transition, which took MONTHS, and involved multiple issues with importing existing customers, even after several attempts to manually adapt our reports to line up with their templates, ultimately ending with a patchy, subpar work-around. This ended up being the approach repeatedly in the following years. We reluctantly renewed for one more year because of the hassle of yet another transition, and I can certainly say it has proved to be a mistake and regret.

Pros

When it works, it works well and there are minimal issues. "When it works" is not acceptable.

Cons

The support team has only ever responded to issues with inconvenient manual work-arounds. Their customer import doesn't work so I have to send the report to an email and they upload it on their end and can't guarantee how long it will take or how my notes and other fields will import. There is no option to add custom fields to jobs or accounts. There have been several bugs and issues that go days unacknowledged and then take days to fix, meanwhile interrupting the flow of my business and causing errors for my customers. The last 2 days there have been 15-30 minute waits just to get a reply to a chat for support.

Arpan
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 6/5/2023

Complete Home Maintenance and Repair Solutions with Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro is an all-in-one business management platform designed to streamline the operations of home service businesses. Its web-based app and mobile companion app make it easy for technicians to communicate with customers, access customer information, and create detailed estimates, invoices, and job schedules. One of the standout features of Housecall Pro is its user-friendly interface for both technicians and customers, with digital signature capabilities for faster processing. The interactive timeline feature allows businesses to easily access past job records and customer profiles, while automated payment processing reduces errors and saves time. The automatic syncing between the mobile and web applications ensures technicians stay organized, even without access to a computer in the field. Housecall Pro is an ideal solution for small, growing businesses seeking to manage their operations more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Housecall Pro is an excellent all-in-one software for small business owners and service providers. It provides a wide range of features that make running a service business easier than ever before. All the essential tools come together to make scheduling, invoicing, payments, customer management and more as easy as possible. The app has been designed with ease of use in mind and it’s intuitive user interface allows users to get up to speed quickly. Housecall Pro is an impressive tool that can help streamline any service-based business. Highly recommended!

Cons

Users can easily look up past job records during subsequent visits or follow up conversations through an interactive timeline feature within each customer profile.

Response from Housecall Pro

Wow thanks for this review! Really glad to hear that we are aiding in streamlining your business!!! If there is any other feedback or support needed, don't hesitate to reach out to me via [email protected]. Thanks again and have a great day!

Replied 11/5/2023
Mike

Reviewed on 18/10/2016

Almost There

I am a painting and drywall contractor in the Indianapolis area and have looked at about a dozen different programs to help me run my business. The first thing I can say, is that it seems that no perfect program exists, since most are either too generic (difficult to tailor to my industry) or too cumbersome. I actually "used", as in, not really, Builder Trend for a period of time, but found it to be way more than I really needed. Method CRM was another, but it seemed too difficult to master. Several of my coleages in the industry are using estimating software, in addition to Basecamp, Pipeline Deals and other things.

Since I am a one man operation, I have to do everything from sales to production to marketing to billing, so time is at a premium for me and I needed a solution that was easy enough to learn. I also needed a program that would synch with my Quickbooks online (another imperfect program, but its what I know) and allow me to function in the field. I eventually stumbled upon HouseCall Pro and was impressed enough to give it a shot.

Right from the start, I found it easy to learn. In fact, I signed up, had my personalized tutorial and three hours later was writing my first estimate in the field on it. I will highlight the pros and cons in the fields below, but I can say that this is a company that is constantly improving its product. I get the sense that they want to be able to provide a one stop program. I say that because I have had conversations with one of their specialists and he was asking me what else would I like to see them doing to improve. They have a chat bubble online (at your desktop only) that is available most hours and they connect quickly with helpful answers.

My biggest beef with this program is that they are spending a lot of time building new features into the program when I think they should be tweaking existing features. For example, there is an auto responder email feature that you can set up for as many emails as you like, but they have not included an option to include hyperlinks in the emails. I am sending out a survey form and also a review request form, in which I have created the links, but the customer is forced to copy and paste in order to access these. Unfortunately, I am getting zero responses because a hyperlink would be easier.

All in all, I think HouseCall Pro is on the right track, but they have a way to go before they can live up to their true potential.

Pros

QBO synchronization, ease of use, ability to do estimates and invoices in the field. Tags allow tracking of specific items (similar to classes) like lead type and services provided. GPS to track employees and picture of house from Google maps shows on customer page. Auto responder feature, postcard program that is cost efficient. Great customer service, responsive. Online booking of jobs for customers. Ability to take credit cards. Mobile program lets customers know when you are on the way to their home. You can set up employees/techs and have their picture sent to the customer before they arrive at a job.

Cons

I have found issues with duplication of invoicing; there seems to be no recognition of multiple invoicing for a single estimate. No hyperlink option for the auto responder email program. Credit card option cannot be turned off on a mobile device, must be done on desktop version when invoicing. There is no job costing function. At $199.00 per month, I feel that this program can do so much more.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

Meh

It has always been MEH.....But after today I am heavily looking at getting far far FARRRR AWAY from this company!!!!! They have no care or concerns for their customers, or providing a functioning product.

Pros

Its okay, but definately not great. They spend alot of time upgrading features that have little use, meanwhile leaving important features with critical issues unresolved. (like automatic late fees, and changing customers name in invoice if you accidentally have the wrong one in field).

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!! Absolutely the worst! If you like to hire companies that will treat you like a human being this isnt it. We had to close our bank account after being hacked, and open another one for our protection. (According to the bank). I realized I had no number for housecall pro and could not call them. I could not update my account, resulting in loss of customers since they would not be able to pay by credit card since we couldnt easily manage connecting our new account. The lady who called was unbelieveably rude! when I told her that I lost customers because we couldnt bill them because of their system issues, she said "well thats your perception"....ummmm,,, no, reality. And she was obviously 20 with a righteous attitude who feels that she is above all else. Just disgusting attitude. It made me realize that I could not believe I have paid and supported this company who fails to properly train employees in customer service.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at the address provided. Thank you again.

Replied 23/8/2022