About Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro is a cloud-based field service management app for service professionals to automate workflows and streamline technician dispatch. This solution includes a native mobile app and complementary web portal and serves a...

Browse Housecall Pro Reviews

2,540 of 2,541 reviews
Chad P. Chad P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 30/7/2021

Love this software

Love it. Used it before and got my new employer to use it because how great it is.

Pros

Had almost all the features of much more expensive products I have used in the past.

Cons

Wish it showed side by side pricing of discounts to show savings on a line by line basis, rather than just at the bottom.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Started me own company and ran for a year and a half. Closed it due to a move. But previous to that, used Service Titan with an old job. Liked it, but way to expensive. So I tried HCP and loved it. Now convinced my new boss to use it because how great it is.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Price and featured. I had wants and needs. This had all the needs and most of the wants
Tonya M. Tonya M.

Reviewed on 20/4/2020

An important appendage of our growing company

As we are going I find that Housecall pro is growing with our company. Just when I think that we might have outgrown the features poof there they are. It's like they are reading our minds! I enjoy the ease of communicating with the customers and follow up with postcards.

Pros

The equipment tracking feature for each customer has simplified life both for the inside staff and the techs. Now that we have the service agreement options, the tech's have an easier time tracking the details of the services. It has helped with our inside sales to be more consistent with customers' maintenance and generating more income.

Cons

As we are going and figuring out our growing pains, I have come to realize that it would great to have a system to track inventory as our techs use it with each customer in live time. This type of feature would help with repurchasing and tracking lost inventory.

Titan GPS

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

I choose Housecall Pro due to the ease of the system. I have older people that were not comfortable running electronically and this seemed to be rather simple for them to learn. On the flip side, it's advanced enough for our staff to utilize it with Quickbooks online, emailing proposals and tracking invoices.
James S. James S.

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Great, I am where I am today mainly because of their system, I wouldn't have been able to manage things like I do today without them.

Pros

I love how its evolved over the past 2 years, it has grown as I have. Their team is on point and very intuitive to its customer's needs. I started using the software for the simple reason someone had reached out to me to help them build one, and after a few months of using their software I realized how difficult it would be to do along with my business, I even at one point looked at leaving and did so. I thought I found the answer to my problem with Fusion something, I started to pay them and continued using HCP until I felt comfortable with the new system and rolling it out with my team. After about 2 months I realized they were not on the same level or page as HCP. like I said I never stopped using them luckily, it would have costed me more time and more money if I had. They have been amazing for 2 years and plan on sticking with them as long as they plan on taking my money. They have an amazing Facebook group that has helped me in many situations amazing Pros from all over with wonderful insight.

Cons

they will make mistakes as we all do, no one is perfect. I've made so many in the short time I've been in business and I'm not dealing with the volume of people as they do. So I try to keep that in mind when one does come up. Their team really is amazing, I can't say anything bad about them.

Top Housecall Pro Alternatives

Chase C. Chase C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Great Software for Residential Service

HCP handles a lot of my business for me. It even has online booking features.

Pros

Many things. I like the payment options I can give to clients, the calendar sync, estimates, postcard integration, support systems etc.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to load on the customer's end so they think it’s not working. I think it’s just because it’s encrypted though.

Launch27

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Because Launch 27 was very confusing for me and to the customers. You almost have to program it out. HCP is much simpler to use and customers prefer it. I ran both systems to test them out.

Launch27

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Response from Housecall Pro

Thanks for the loyalty and 5-star review, Chase! And glad to hear you are taking advantage of online booking. Did you know that more than 1/3 of homeowners want to book service appointments online? Great that you are not missing these important folks.

Replied 26/12/2019
Kathryn S. Kathryn S.

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Makes my job so much easier!

Before Housecall Pro, my previous employer had stacks of paper invoices she was trying to collect on and manually texting out service calls to each of her in-field technicians EVERY DAY.
I was hired specifically to help implement an easier way to operate her small but growing HVAC company.

I started research on the different software available and even trialed two before I came across Housecall Pro. One week after implementing and training our technicians we saw a significant improvement in communication between staff and customers as well as collecting on invoices.

I was so pleased with Housecall Pro I recommended it to a family member who also has an HVAC company out of Phoenix. I now work remotely for him and cannot be more thrilled that I am again working with Housecall Pro.

Thank you for such awesome customer service and a great overall product. This software was perfect for the small service-based business's I have had the pleasure to work with.

Pros

With my main responsibility being dispatching service calls and administrative work, Housecall Pro makes it so easy to have all of the information in one place. You are able to see the status of service calls and invoice homeowners directly from the app. Another great feature of Housecall Pro is offering direct communication with customers and employees via text from the app. The convenience of an online dispatching system is that information can be accessed and updated in real-time so that everyone has accurate information at all times.

Customer service agents are available via chat during business hours and provide solutions to problems that you have within minutes which is also very helpful and reassuring when you have questions.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about Housecall Pro. Housecall Pro will continue to offer an excellent product, while actively improving their site and adding new features on a regular basis.

Service Fusion

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Testing for the best product to fit the company's needs and size.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

It was easier, affordable, and offers the most for your money.
Denise H. Denise H.

Reviewed on 16/8/2018

HOUSE CALL PRO

I like HouseCall Pro very much on the desk top version and would definitely recommend the program to others. I would not recommend the mobile version at this point only because of the issues I have stated. I hope that in time the mobile version will catch up to the desk top version for the ADMIN to be able to conduct business whether in the field or in the office.

Pros

I like the way house call works on the desk top. It is quick and easy for me to do all my daily tasks as it pertains to each individual project I have going on. It is pretty easy to navigate through. The system allows me to keep all projects organize even if we have to go back out on more then one occasion.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to search on the desk top version for a particle project. It would make it quicker and simpler to have a "1" step process to look up any project by address or contractor name. Too many steps and difficult right now to find what I am looking for.

The mobile version needs to be simpler for the ADMIN to be able to use. If I am away from the office I can only see my projects, not ALL. I need to be able to see all as the ADMIN in order to conduct business when I am away from my desk and office. Our business requires putting in the home owner address which is not the contractor's address on file. When I try to schedule a job in the field on the mobile version I can never put in the address of the home owner which is where I need my employee to go.(NOT THE CONTRACTOR OFFICE) I have to always put it in the notes and take an extra step to tell the employee address is in the notes instead of where it should be. This makes it very difficult to work with and dispatch my employee to the correct address.

Grant S. Grant S.

Reviewed on 8/12/2015

The absolute best software platform for small service businesses.

Pros

I own and operate a small plumbing company in San Diego and I have been searching for a product like housecall for years. Yes there are competitive products on the market and I've tried them all. The main problem for the other products was the disconnect or lack of care for the user's (me) feedback. I would find an issue with the software that prevented me from running my business the way I needed to and when I voiced my issue, the response was vague at best but usually nonexistent. My experience with housecall has been the exact opposite. EVERY time I have had an issue or needed help, they have been IMMEDIATELY responsive in helping me to resolve an issue and even develop their product further to improve all aspects.

Years ago when we transitioned from the old carbon triplicate paper invoices to electronic means, I had to use a different kind of software for each business task i.e. invoicing, scheduling, dispatching, processing credit card payments, taking photo records for completed jobs, sending appointment reminders and thank you notes, etc.

Now, I have ONE software platform that I use for EVERYTHING! HOUSECALL! It does everything I need it to do. It's made my life and business run more efficiently than ever before and the best part is that they're constantly improving it! Almost every week there is added functionality, fine-tuning and improvement on an already fantastic product.

If you have a small service company, you would be mistaken to look elsewhere for your field management software. Simply stated... Housecall does it best!

Cons

It's difficult to come up with anything negative about a product that have benefitted my company in such a massive way. All I can say is that it's a bummer that Apple forces app developers to go through such a difficult process to get app updates released, because it slows down the process. Housecall is constantly updating and adding new functionality to the web and mobile applications.

Ben W. Ben W.

Possibly the best CRM

I have been very happy with my experience since implementing Housecall Pro. I would like to see a few more features, but it has been ever evolving so I’m sure I will see those in the near future.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation. Features that are offered to compliment it.

Cons

Could use a few more options. It is easy to use from a phone but I would like pictures attached to the price list items to make it easier to navigate on the phone .

Service Fusion

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Better functionality and larger platform.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Service Fusion was overly complicated to onboard. I didn’t have 40+ hrs I could dedicate just to implementing a new crm.
Dennis H. Dennis H.

Reviewed on 6/3/2019

Cost effective

The system has enabled me to manage the techs schedule and time keeping. Setting up appointments is fairy easy but I have to assign every tech to all jobs because they can't see other jobs other than one's scheduled to them.

Pros

The product is priced right for a small business.

Cons

There isn't a phone number to call for support or issues. When I have an issue sometimes I would like to talk to a live person instead of instant message. It would be a lot easier to explain some issues than try and type it out when I'm unsure of what I'm trying to say and some of my issues have taken a couple days to resolve or just answer a question I have because I don't always have time to wait for a response.
It would be nice to have a good better best estimate presentation when presenting potential customers with a proposal. It would also be nice to sell a customer a reoccurring maintenance agreement from the mobile app instead of logging in to web-site to set up payment. My service techs who will sell the product can't set it from the app on their phone, they have to call me to set it up and most of the time it's after the tech leaves the customers house before it is set up. When we get busy I know some will fall through the cracks.
I would like the techs to be able to view the entire work schedule instead of just the jobs they are assigned from the mobile app. I have to assign all techs to every job so they can see what's going on for the day, this makes the customer seem everyone is showing up instead of just the tech assigned to the job. I'm a small business and the techs take each job as they finish the one they are on. It's hard to schedule each job to a specific tech because they often finish a lot earlier or later than anticipated.

Damion P. Damion P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

House Call is Great! But some very critical elements are not being implemented

Pros

Scheduling, invoicing, and accounting is Very easy to use. Ability to TAG customers and Tag Jobs is awesome!

Cons

> Some very important features are not being updated like the Post Card campaigns. We send Christmas post cards out every year and the feature is lacking is some very critical ways and hasn't been updated since I signed up in 2016. I've pointed out these flaws to HCP each time I use the feature and still have not seen any improved implementation. Very frustrating and time consuming to get the post cards to the right clients and exlude the ones you don't want. It really just needs some major improvement

> The customization of the Customer heading for invoices/ Estimates needs to be more flexible so you can Have a Customer Name & Job Name, Customer address and job address (different scenarios). This is an essential feature that is missing unless you do some drastic custom editing just to get it the way you want which takes alot of playing around just to get right, then you have to switch everything back when your done.

> They charge extra to have an essential feature that allows you to send reminders to maintenance customers.

> HCP Doesn't allow you to save customized Email headings when you send invoices and estimates, so you have to save templates on your computer and copy and paste them each time. The default heading is very simple and crude: "Hi JOHN DOE, Attached please find estimate #5555 from "John Doe Cleaning" Thank you.

Jeremy S. Jeremy S.

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

Wow Your Customers!

It gives my customers a great service experience to help separate me from the heard. They love the constant communications and updates instead left wondering if someone is actually coming or not. The find comfort in seeing a photo of the service tech who is arriving and when, the full invoice, attached photos, payment and notes of the service all sent to their email saving paper. It allows any of us to look up customer service records after hours instead of making them wait until normal business hours for answers.

Pros

Easy set up
Customer satisfaction
Customization
Communication
Calendar
Photos
Time tracking

Cons

Most of what I didn't like has been addressed and added like segments on jobs from the app. There still are a few small things I would like to see improved. When I notify customer support the ideas are welcomed and most of the time I am informed that it is being worked on and eventually see it as an update. As long as Housecall Pro keeps listening to their customers and continue to make improvements they will remain the best customer service app on the market.

Service Fusion, Jobber and Wintac

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

As I hired employees I needed a way to schedule and invoice customers separate from my accounting.

Recommendation Features and value
Addie F. Addie F.

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

Great software and support at a great value.

We have seen an incredible increase in reviews since using HCP. We really like that they automate so many features for you. Their online support is phenomenal, it seems like they really are looking out for your business. I appreciate their extra online meet ups and groups.

Pros

Time tracking for employees is made easy through clocking in and out on the app. Time entries are easy to edit and update should the need be. Recurring service agreements have been a great feature to help grow the service side of our company.

Cons

I wish that service agreements could be accessed via app.

mHelpDesk
Andrew B. Andrew B.

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Easiest way to take your business to the Next Level!

Love it. Great software and always on top of their game!

Pros

Its intuitive, easy to use, and the support is excellent.

Cons

None. Updates continue to roll out and the team at House Call Pro is always soliciting recommendations and advice to make the software better.

Workiz

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Abundance of features and totality of program.

Invoice2go

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Better experience with customer sales/support
Terrell M. Terrell M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

Worth The Money

With Housecall Pro I like the fact that I don;t have to come to my office at the end of the day and do entries into Quick Books. The software does this in the field when you click the finish button.

Furthermore, I like the fact that customers know when i'm on the way after I click the on my way button.

Pros

Housecall Pro is definitely worth the money we spend for this software. The software is constantly being improved with new features. If you are looking for a CRM that integrates with Quick Books look no further.

This software has saved me time which is very important to me.

Cons

Although the software is amazing to use I must say the only thing I dislike is chatting into a Blue Chat Bubble for assistance versus getting someone on the phone and doing a screen share or just being able to hear a voice

Verizon Connect

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

I didn't look a long time and so glad I didn't.
Venita H. Venita H.

Reviewed on 15/2/2018

Over all a very good experience

We are able to eliminate the paper invoices and show when the tech arrived and finished if needed. This helps in a lot of areas. It also has helped us to see which invoices have not been received and /or paid as the case may be. Having a signature that we can email with the invoice is so helpful!

Pros

I do like being able to set up a schedule and change it when needed. It is good to have the knowledge of where the technician is if needed.
I like being able to see who has not paid and when.
Being able to see when the job was started, finished, changes made and submission to client is a big help.
The ability to capture a signature is one of our favorite features.
It is very easy to use once you have mastered the basics. There are a few things that were challenging to discover how to do it and needed some explanations.
Over all it is a really great program.

Cons

We have had a few problems learning the software. Most of the support staff and very good and extremely helpful. There are a couple that need further training or something. The easiest thing is to wait and then contact them later. Sometimes you need to ask for someone in particular. If I am working on the app late at night or after hours then I will need to wait but that has worked out so far.
I hope that maybe they will be able to program it to be able to add segments to a recurring job. I have a job that always takes at least 3-5 days. That means it needs to have segments and that of course means I can't make it recurring every 2 months.
We had a little trouble switching over to a different phone but we got it worked out and now everything is fine.

Robert M. Robert M.

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Great Service.

My company and I are very satisfied with the overall efficiency this service provides for us. To overcome our one issue on the cons list, I got all of our management staff Ipads to be able to continue to work effortlessly in the field.

Pros

Products are very user friendly. Operates with quick books very efficiently. Service allows us to streamline our lead management into estimates, into booked worked to jobs. With the backing of quickbooks, we are able to seamlessly overturn all of our work through one service and have it automatically updated into our accounting. Drag and drop features for scheduling make managing teams and projects fast and efficient.

Cons

Mobil app feels miles behind the web browser. When it comes to my management team trying to schedule or update work on the move, the app does not feel nearly as smooth or seamless as the web browser and attempting to use the web browser version on a phone is also not an easy process.

BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Buildertrend felt like a product that was specifically used for General Contractors. There were just to many unnecessary features that did not apply to my business. HouseCallPro has the same benefits of what we needed in an app while also remaining user friendly. One of the biggest differences that i felt was being able to easily manage up to 30-40 clients in a single schedule and adjust and change the schedule every day as the day went on.
Melissa A. Melissa A.

Reviewed on 20/7/2020

Going digital

House call pro has helped us become paperless which has been especially helpful during Covid-19.

Pros

Sharing, scheduling and dispatching all happen seamlessly through House Call Pro. Payments are also easily processed and interfacing with QuickBooks is a breeze. Customer service reps are always available and helpful.

Cons

I’d like to be able to search for customers by address or phone number and not just by name. A search database option would be helpful. Also, some of the features such as selecting the scheduled time or updating a profile take more steps than they need to and. Could be more stream lined in the future. Also, the ability to schedule tentative jobs with temporary invoices with an option where a customer could click to confirm would be helpful. Additionally company notes to techs is at the bottom and not easily seen. It would be nice if it was moved up or there was an alert at the top of the page. Also, last two invoices detailed and listed below Job or an option to hover over customer history and quick view option would be a faster option in checking past prices. My customer has to wait for me to toggle back and forth when researching what we did before and previous pricing. Tooo slow.

Scott P. Scott P.

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Simple and User Friendly

It "closes the loop" -- It allows our entire workflow to work seamlessly from the first contact the the "thank you" email. I no longer have to go behind all our service calls to complete them, send invoices or add material. The field tech can complete everything and take payment and the customer loves the experience of receiving the appointment reminders and especially the "on the way" texts.

Pros

I love that I can send estimates, approve estimates, schedule, bill, and send follow up reminders all from one seamless app. The support is second to none and the community of professionals they have built is a great, positive resource!

Cons

Nothing -- I love it and it has been tone of the prime movers in the growth of our small business

Desiree Q. Desiree Q.

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

The Best Bang for Your Buck!

I LOVE this company and for our business it works great! If we ever need anything, all we have to do is ask and if enough users vote on it, they find a way to make it work for us.

Pros

When looking for a software to use for our business I wanted something that was a ‘One stop shop’ for my technicians. With HouseCall Pro we are able to schedule, talk to our clients, invoice, collect payments and receive reviews all from one spot. I can also track my employees and have them clock in and clock out. HouseCall Pro is constantly evolving and becoming better and better by implementing new features and joining forces with other companies such as Gusto and QuickBooks to make work seamless.

Cons

I guess the only thing that I would like better would be a couple additional fields added to the customer profiles and maybe the ability to personal outgoing emails. These are things that I have yet to ask for so it may be in the works already.

ServiceTitan and Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro offered great services and the price point is within my budget.
Abby C. Abby C.

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Great Help!

Great company and all employees are super helpful and nice! They respond quickly even in the evenings and weekends when there is a major issue!

Pros

This product has saved me a lot of time! I used to manually send out reminders and invoices to all customers but HouseCall has let me be with family more but doing all of this for me! Also love that the team members can click directly on the job and it brings up directions straight to the job site!

Cons

I always hate change but it is always for the better once I get the hang of it. The changes are really just upgrades!

Monster TMS, ZenMaid and Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Overall fit what we needed more ! We have been with HouseCall since the beginning and don’t plan on ever switching to another product.
David M. David M.

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

HousecallPro - Great for Startups

Housecall Pro has tremendous customer service. However, as they have grown, the responsiveness and problem-solving approach has taken on a more transactional nature, whereas before the service and support was much more engaged in understanding your issues and focused on problem resolution. Have had a couple of issues come up that would have been solved by HCP in a minute previously, and now I get the "have the customer do this" or "you need to do that" or "we won't be doing any additional work on this issue" or "you will need to be prioritized behind everything else" responses. Does not fly for mission-critical breakages (i.e. emailing estimates, invoices and receipts to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] email extension customers).

Pros

Ease of use and easy to learn. The notifications are a game changer.

Cons

Ability to query the customer database for factors such as date of last service, within the app, and manage reminders/estimate follow-ups for true CRM/Sales platform capabilities. The platform also has some inflexibility for industries other than HVAC.

Elizabeth B. Elizabeth B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Best Office Software

Scheduling, payments being received at the time of the sale.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to setup. Loved that my techs could see the customers home so as they wouldn't install ac in the wrong house.

Cons

Loved it all. The only thing on an estimate being sent to the customer from the office. I forget to un check notify customer. They think i am on my way to their home and I am only sending a estimate.

Intuit Field Service Management

The price point

Response from Housecall Pro

Thanks for your loyalty and the great 5-star review, Elizabeth! Glad you are enjoying the ease of use and value of our payments product! We are constantly making improvements to the platform and launching new features. Looking forward to providing you with even more value in 2020!

Replied 26/12/2019
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

For daily service companies

It did get me thinking about how I do my books now which I use a software and I also log a general ledger by hand.

Pros

It keeps track of each project on a daily basis, My business is setup to where we could be on the same job for 1 week or 2 months , this software is best for daily services businesses.

Cons

That it did keep daily track of your operations, financial and cost of expenses including materials and labor efficiency.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Builder trend was to expensive and definitely not in my budget but also it was for bigger companies

BuilderTREND
Christopher N. Christopher N.

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Cheaper than alternatives with more features.

Overall, I really like the HCP. Always adding cool new features, which allow me to remove services I'm paying for elsewhere.

Pros

It had everything I was looking for in software for my HVAC and Appliance company. Pricewise, this was a no-brainer. Other unnamed software either didn't want to work with my small company size or wanted to charge me 1k plus a month.

Cons

Most of the features I'd like to see would be to implement desktop options to the mobile platform. I'm a working owner, and there are somethings I have to do in the field with the software such as cancelling calls, and I'm only given a delete option.

Dwayne H. Dwayne H.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

Leveling The Playing Field For Service Business

Seamless...

Pros

The HCP Platform is leveling the playing feild in operation, lead generation and AI for small businesses. I love how everything I need to operate, market and scale my business is automated.

My favorite functions are subscription (service agreement) , AI review request and email marketing.

Why subscription function? It help provide me a predictable and steady stream of income. Also give me the advantage of upselling to subscribers. Lowers my marketing cost.

Why AI Review ? Dont have to pay other companies to get automatic reviews requests. HCP do not for me for a low price it's almost feel like it's free

Email marketing- I use to automatically retargeting past clients. And appointment reminder Their AI platform works in the background so I can focus on creating relationships with clients. More customers relationships equals more revenue for my business.

Cons

I hate that they do not offer white labeling.