About iSpring Suite

iSpring Suite is a robust authoring toolkit designed for creating eLearning content. It is integrated into PowerPoint, so the interface is extremely user friendly. In the familiar PowerPoint environment, you can create e-courses,...

4.9

Browse iSpring Suite Reviews

1,465 of 1,465 reviews
Nathan
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Interactive PowerPoints

As I described in the Pros section, we use this software as a way for our customers to learn about us and we about them. It give them something to do while they sit waiting to meet with someone. We get compliments on the system all the time.

Pros

This software makes it really easy to create interactive PowerPoint presentations. We use it in our lobby to welcome guests, combining digital signage with an opportunity for guests to learn more about our company and for us to learn more about them. We can pull in live web pages to display (like a weather report), show success stories about our mission, and allow visitors to navigate to different areas of our programs and services. Very cool.

Cons

It occasionally crashes. I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue, whether it's this software or a driver or the OS. But every few days I come to work and the the program is frozen or has stopped running. Sometimes it's PowerPoint, other times it's iSpring. Strange, as it will work fine for several days in a row and it never happens when someone is using it, which is good.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Nathan,
Thank you greatly for sharing your success story about using iSpring ;) Very cool!
If any questions come up, please send them directly to [email protected] One of our specialists will be happy to assist!

Replied 18/12/2018
Mitch
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Great for eLearning Content Development

Easy to use. Good choice of features. Clearly they are dedicated to creating a quality product.

Pros

Thoughtful features nicely integrated into PowerPoint to enhance content for courseware.

Cons

Expensive, especially for a subscription. They should have a simpler, much-less-expensive version that can be used by non-devs to record audio into the PPT. Else a floating license that can be easily switched between computers with no limit to the amount of re-licensing.

Adobe Captivate

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Much easier to use than Captivate, much larger feature set than Presenter. Excellent support.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Mitch,
Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly ;)
Hope it keeps serving you well!

Replied 28/11/2019
Gabrielle
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Great Software

Pros

This product is user friendly and the tech support is very responsive and helpful. My team uses this software to convert our presentations to an HTML format that we can use for our other platforms. It's very easy to use.

Cons

I can't say that there is anything I dislike about this software. Our use of the software is very minimal, but is necessary for us to upload our content on other platforms.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Gabrielle, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. Also, we hold weekly webinar series where we share iSpring tips and tricks and help easily get started with eLearning: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/webinars Maybe this information can help you use our authoring tool for more cases :)

Replied 23/1/2023

Top iSpring Suite Alternatives

Eileen

Reviewed on 13/1/2020

Buyer Beware

Because I cannot get any support from them unless I subscribe to their latest version for nearly the full price of the software, I have to give them one star. No support = no customer service. No customer service = bad policy.

Pros

The options offered for engagement and interest level.

Cons

If you do not repurchase this software yearly via their maintenance program, you get no support. No chat, no email, no online knowledgebase. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am. To me, that is unethical. A company that does not support all versions of its software does not deserve to be in business. I checked my copy of Articulate 360, and they provided support to Articulate 13 released in, you guessed it, 2013. My version of iSpring is less than 2 years old. I'll be converting all of my elearning lessons to Articulate360 BECAUSE of their amazing support.

Adobe Captivate

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

iSpring ran better on our LMS, but now that there is no support, we will switch to Articulate 360 which supports ALL versions of its software, and it is over 10 years old.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Eileen,
Thank you so much for your detailed review of iSpring products and service. We appreciate your taking the time to submit it here on Capterra.
As per your Cons, let me please note that for those who do not wish to continue with the Maintenance plan, we have a vast collection of helpful resources available online, such as video tutorials, help docs, articles, webinars, FAQs: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support. We also have social media pages where anybody can ask our community any question about iSpring.
Those who do have maintenance plan, however, get immediate support via chat, phone as well as 24/7 email assistance.
Hope that helps!

Replied 6/2/2020
Bello

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

All in one software for creating online learning content

Pros

I like ispring suite because it is very easy to use, no coding skill required if you know how to use Microsoft PowerPoint then you Can use it. Another intresting thing is that you Can find video tutorials on YouTube and the customer support is Always ready to help.

Cons

Eventhough it is an Amazing software, recent update makes us learn some technicalities from scratch and large projects Can take a Long Time to convert to HTML5

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Bello, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly. As per your Cons, could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case. Thank you! Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 21/11/2022
Norm
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 16/1/2023

Wonderful Product

Moved from using Captivate to iSpring. Will most likely be training another instructor in my organization on iSpring and purchasing another version. Am also considering iSpring Learn and Market. Thinking about it anyway.

Pros

Integrates well with PowerPoint and allows us to convert existing PowerPoint classes into eLearning or videos quite easily.

Cons

Occasionally, my files crash and I have to reopen them. However, I never lose anything I was working on.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Norm, Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it. We are happy to have you on board and hope that you keep enjoying working with the product! As per your cons, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue. Could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

Replied 25/1/2023
Greg

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

iSpring - an amazing e-learning program for developers

Product: First class. Support: First class.

Pros

Caters for all my needs as an educational e-learning developer.

Cons

None. iSpring Suite has all the features that I require.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Greg, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. Also, you are more than welcome to join iSpring Community Forum where eLearning specialists from all over the world connect, share their experience and eLearning tricks, participate in competitions, and more: https://community.ispringsolutions.com Keep up the great work!

Replied 13/1/2023
Scott
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 27/1/2023

iSpring Course authoring

I use iSpring to create training for my company. The software is very intuitive and easy to figure out; support is quick when I needed it. I highly recommend it.

Pros

This software works great for turning a powerpoint presentation into a SCORM course. The quiz editor and the ability to change the course layout (template) are great. It does a lot of other things too, but SCORM is where I focused. iSpring offers good value for the money, even though there is so much of the product that I don't use.

Cons

It took a few minutes to find the right spot to enter my new license key. Everything else worked right and very intuitively.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. Also, you are more than welcome to join iSpring Community Forum where eLearning specialists from all over the world connect, share their experience and eLearning tricks, participate in competitions, and more: https://community.ispringsolutions.com

Replied 31/1/2023
Sherry
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 29/1/2023

The best thing about iSpring is their customer support

It has helped us automate a process so that everyone that needs to be updated can participate. Certainly more easily than sending out flashdrives that might or might not work on the users system.

Pros

The product is not always super intuitive if you don't create these online trainings for a living, but the CSR is always available and helpful to get you thru the things you might forget or don't know. This allows us to focus more on the presentation quality knowing it will be impactful in the iSpring platform.

Cons

Sometimes the features are hard to understand what makes something do what it does.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Sherry, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it tons. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution. As per your cons, could you please get back to me with a little more details on what exactly was hard to understand? Thanks a lot and keep up the great work! :)

Replied 31/1/2023
Audrey
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

Amazing Product!

Pros

Very useful product and the support staff was very helpful!

Cons

The drag and drop feature does not allow you to drag it to a background imageThe quiz/survey doesn't allow you to add multiple questions on one page unless it is to enter your information . It would be more visually appealing if the platform allowed this feature.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Audrey, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We very much appreciate it. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. We sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness in helping us improve our products. Keep up the great work!

Replied 16/1/2023
Annie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

iSpring promises and delivers - Tech support is so responsive & patient

Awesomeness. I already forgot the difficulties setting up. Because when I reached out at 3 am to "see" if someone would actually respond...they actually did!!! Tech support guy [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was on point. 5 out of 5 stars for him. Patient, professional, I'm not giving up till you get in attitude, and to my question of can you stay on the chat w/me till I'm in, no snide remark, but rather "I'm here w/you". Thanks a million!

Pros

Integration with my business visions and processes was seamless. The product is easy to use. I only had a little difficulty getting ispring suite and ispring space all coordinated and set up.

Cons

I only had a little difficulty getting ispring suite and ispring space all coordinated and set up. I would have preferred for someone to go in remotely and do it and then explain it to me. I kind of fell into a circular reference and was confused. But maybe I just didn't follow directions well with the initial emails...

Moodle LMS

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Your webinars, your webpage, everthing that I read that came from you guys was not only informative it was already teaching me and showing me how I could make my course awesome with your product. Also displaying features such as the Dialog simulation, interaction, varied quiz choices, easy upload to YouTube and screen recording + video recording over the PP that could be imported...a-ma-zing! (Plus the ISpring Market--wow!!)

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Annie,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution.

As per your Cons, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue. Could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 29/3/2022
Brad
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Lower Initial Learning hurdle compared to other options

Their support both in sales and technical support is great. You immediately hear back from someone who knows all about their product which I've been impressed by.

Pros

Uses the familiar PowerPoint interface and structure, making it easy to quickly generate content. Allows for recorded narration with second view of recorded presenter and set animation timings. Good flexibility with quizzes to make them look professional and not take a long time to generate. Custom behavior for pass/fail conditions. Their support is excellent and the maintenance package is a no brainer at least for the first year while you get started. That being said, I have renewed it for the 2 years (so far) that I have used it since they roll out helpful and thoughtful updates. I also appreciate that they offer a non-profit and educational rate which was the deciding factor for our office.

Cons

iSpring is not as flexible as other options like captivate since you are working within the framework of PowerPoint. I'm happy to make that concession because it makes it easier to learn and use existing presentations from lectures and seminars. I wish it was better integrated with working from MS OneDrive as well. Their exporting functionality can be clunky for when you want to move things around.

Adobe Captivate and Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

PowerPoint platform for easy learning curve and non-profit organization discount option.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Brad,
Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback about iSpring products and service! We are happy that you are happy with it! :) Keep up the great work. And please if you have any questions, send them directly to [email protected]

Replied 6/11/2019
Ashok

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Awesome tool for Instructional Designers

Easy to work in collaborative environment with Knowledge Experts and Q.C. Dept. who does not have idea of ID concepts and technicality.

Pros

Knowledge experts can provide content in PowerPoint. No hassles of importing PowerPoint into another software. Look and feel is not lost. Collaboration is easy , Knowledge experts and Q.C. Department can work on the same PPT source file instead of working on a copy.

Cons

Nothing much but a few add-on's like animation timeline, layers and basic triggers would make the product still more awesome.

Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Output Quality, No need to import the slide decks. collaborative environment

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Ashok,
Thanks you so much for sharing your positive feedback about using iSpring :) We very much appreciate it and hope that it keeps serving you well!
As per your Cons, please forward them to [email protected] One of our managers will be happy to look into them.

Replied 11/11/2019
Clark
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 31/3/2017

Possibly the best software choice for course and content authors

I've been using iSpring Suite for 3 years now. As with a lot of my software purchases, my interest in this tool was spurred by frustration with the previous tools I had used. Previous software in this category had consistently fallen short in very significant ways. Even 3 years ago, iSpring Suite remedied all those issues for me; but not content to rest on their laurels, they have actively and substantially improved their product over and over again. I can't remember the last time I needed to fire up Captivate or Storyline. iSpring has replaced them at a fraction of the cost.

This suite is a bundle of useful tools centered around an application that lets you turn existing PowerPoint presentations into web AND mobile friendly eLearning solutions that communicate with LMSs incorporating the well documented SCORM and AICC standards, iSpring's own LMS or as is often the case for me, a hand-rolled custom solution.

Audio and Video synchronization with slides, one of the most tedious parts of this work, is made effortless by iSpring's thoughtful and robust interface. Animations implemented in PowerPoint are duplicated and rendered seamlessly in the final product. Quiz creation is a snap. Player customization is easy. Everything you need is here. As a web developer for over 20 years, I could do a lot of this work from scratch; but only at great cost in time and other resources. iSpring frees me up to focus on the jobs that really require those skills. My clients are consistently impressed with the output.

One final word on the subject: iSpring is so well done, I have rarely had need of their support for anything; but on the two occasions in 3 years that I have had an inquiry - their responses have been prompt, courteous, professional and most importantly, effective. iSpring really engages with their users in a meaningful way to continually improve existing features, add new requested features and make my life as a content creator and developer better. I give this software and the company behind it my highest recommendation.

Pros

Ease of use, focus and quality of features, fair pricing and outstanding customer support and engagement.

Cons

Template storage and reuse could be better. Versioning would be a great next step.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi, Clark!
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing review on iSpring! We greatly appreciate it and are sure that your experience will be more than useful to anyone in need of an e-Learning solution.
Should you have any questions, please send them to [email protected] We will be more than happy to help!

Replied 4/4/2017
Burt
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 2/3/2020

Can not live without ISpring

Amazing

Pros

This is the most amazing help mate to produce stunning presentations with a "WOW Factor" that keeps the audience attentive and eyes wide open.

PowerPoint by itself is boring, dull and quite frankly worthless unless you have ISpring attached too it.

Before I purchased this add-in, I found or should I say heard a lot of snoring in our audience.

Now with ISpring, all eyes and ears are alive and clapping. I like to take the credit for this but the credit should go to the ISpring add-in.

Thank you so much and by the way, I have never had such great and immediate support as I get from ISpring. Support is important to our company as we are fast-paced.

I needed additional activation on a crashed desktop with a reinstall and within 5 minutes [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at 2:27 AM had me up and running post-haste.

If only the Microsoft and Adobe support was like ISpring, the world would be a much easy place to complete project.

Cons

There is not a thing missing that I can think of. ISpring does it all.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Burt,
Thank YOU so much for such kind words about iSpring products and service...This means the world to us!
What else can we say, we'll try to keep that bar high for all the iSpringers out there! :)
And you, please keep creating better content for all the learners!

Replied 11/3/2020
Mario

Reviewed on 29/6/2016

Wonderful communication with a "click"

We have adopted iSpring since 2007 (then the brand was "FlashSpring Pro"), after a thorough comparative analysis with authoring tools available. We are always attentive to developments in other products (including open source and online services), but every year we reaffirm that we are using the best available on the market; iSpring Suite.

Pros

1) Ease of use, even for the production of didactic presentations with very complicated scripts and instructional designs.

2) Flexibility to "pack" the same interactive audiovisual object for all types of devices and operating environments with "1 click".

3) The high quality standard is achieved for multimedia presentations considering that we can very suitably adjust the settings of images, videos, audio and effects.

4) The excellent service and quick response technical support team. It's wonderful people with great human qualities and strong technical knowledge.

5) Has a fair selling price. In addition, iSpringsolutions provides reasonable discounts for upgrades to new versions.

6) We use iSpring Suite fun in our daily work. It's fun to build serious and delicate objects of learning and interactive communication presentations in the field of higher education, professional development of leaders of private enterprises, and training for technicians governmental organizations.

Cons

"The bee flies because she does not know you can not fly" (morphology and design contradicts all principles of aerodynamics); likewise, iSpring Suite is so powerful that many times we bring our computers to extreme limits of performance developed very complicated presentations ... The problem is not iSpringsolutions; the problem is our irrational claim that 1Gb :) is the same as 1 byte.

Smile (believe it or not) we did not find points against the level of development that has come iSprinsolutions with iSpring Suite and see that they have reached an very high fence to overcome.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Mario,
THANK YOU for sharing your wonderful, detailed and sincere feedback about iSpring! We are very grateful to have you with us for these years and appreciate a chance to get that kind of feedback from you!
Keep up you amazing work! Our support team is likewise amazed by you!

Replied 30/6/2016

Reviewed on 9/8/2019

iSpring: The most Robust eLearning Tool

We absolutely love iSpring. Because it's PowerPoint based, our SMEs immediately feel comfortable helping us generate content. It has wonderful interactions we can add to the course to keep our learners engaged, narration is a breeze to edit and add. Any PPT animations carry over to the published course. It's awesome!

Pros

What I love most about iSpring Quite is how robust it is. There is an option for every scenario when it comes to deployment. Whether it's quiz grading/scoring, complete/incomplete, SCORM versions, allowing the learning to skip around or required to view sequentially, there is an option for everything! The ability to customize the GUI to match any corporate branding standards is very nice. Finally, the HTML5 deployment method allows for a single publish that will work on PC, Mac, any mobile device, tablets, etc.

Cons

Because the tool is so robust, there are options everywhere. While they are group well according to what you're working on, sometimes, it's difficult to find a one tick box that does a very specific thing. I would also like to see more collaboration tools. We have a specific preset of branding standards and options that we like to use, but we are a team of three. So, getting all three developers to use the exact same settings can be cumbersome.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello,
Thank you for your detailed review of iSpring Suite :) We are happy to hear that iSpring made it to become your solution. Hope it keeps serving you well!
As per your Cons, could you please forward them to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be happy to look into them!

Replied 13/8/2019
Jonathan

Reviewed on 13/4/2018

Ease of Use combined with Excellent Customer Service and Available Workshops made this a fit...

It helped us move our training programs forward. As content developers AND trainers, the iSpring Suite really made things a lot easier for us. We were also new to the concept of interactive content development, so we were thrilled to witness that iSpring was extremely easy to learn and start using. We feel there is much more for us to do with it, which is why we are looking forward to acquiring Version 9 soon.

Pros

Ease of Use - The fact that iSpring Suite integrates directly into Power Point makes life so much easier for us.

Excellent for New Trainers or Content Developers - The ease of use made this purchase an excellent decision for us. Our company's training department was founded only 4 years ago. After the first few years we wanted to step it up a notch by developing interactive modules that would help us diversify the way we deliver content. iSpring made this possible and very easy. Not only is the software extremely easy to understand, iSpring also offers regular workshops to its users that help any new content developer master the Suite and strengthen their ability to create interactive modules that stand out.

Excellent Customer Service - Very quick to respond to any questions and the staff is very friendly. They are also very receptive to feedback and look to make improvements to their product often based on such.

SCORM Compliant - Convert all of the content created with the Suite into a SCORM Compliant packages for your LMS. The SCORM export supports Flash & HTML5. You also have the ability to adjust the export quality of the media in your module. Lastly, iSpring modules can also be viewed via mobile & offline using their iOS or Android app. Reporting works flawlessly.

Quiz Maker is Amazing - It has all the essentials you need + more. I got to play around with Version's 9 Quiz Maker also and already witnessed many improvements from aesthetics to performance.

Cons

Version 8's Module Player for Exported E-Modules didn't always behave the same way as the Power Point presentation would on its own. Various media items or features in Power Point, such as Gif Images, overlapping audio files, or "exciting" animations/transitions, although supported, would at times behave differently in the Suite's Module Player (used for LMS Delivery) vs. the Power Point itself.

Version 8 Quiz Maker's Document Recovery never worked for us (if there was even one). The quiz maker doesn't have an "auto-save" feature. Sometimes if you imported any extraneous media file the quiz maker would crash making us lose our progress from the last manual save. We eventually got in the habit of saving frequently, as anyone should, but a revamped document recovery feature would be helpful.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Jonathan,
Thanks SO MUCH for such a detailed review of iSpring products and services. We are absolutely sure it will be super useful to anyone looking for an eLearning solution.
Keep it up! :)

Replied 16/4/2018
Jesse

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Great product! + horrible sales techniques for after purchase upgrade subscriptions :(

The product itself works very well, is easy to navigate, and tech support is excellent for your first year. If you don't expect to need tech support much after using the product - BEWARE!

Pros

This product offered us an affordable, easy to use tool to convert powerpoint lectures and audio files into formats best suited for offering our online courses. It has worked very well and produces high quality HTML5 files that render well across all devices. Initially, they also had excellent customer support during the sales/trial period and during the one -year of tech support included. more on that later...

Cons

At the end of our first year of use, the tech support that was included with the software expired. That was no problem at first as we knew how to use the software and it was working great. However, when we went to use the software after the IT expiration, iSpring was gone from our toolbar. We were prompted to purchase a ridiculously expensive subscription for ongoing tech support. The smallest plan given was substantially higher than the great price we got on a LIFETIME licenses. When I wrote customer support to find out how to continue using the product and why it had disappeared since I purchased LIFETIME licenses, they repeatedly told me they couldn't answer my question since I had not purchased the extended tech support plan. "What?! I purchased LIFETIME licenses, I don't need tech support, I need your product to continue working as it has." Eventually after much frustration, someone told me I had to reload the software with my license key. Seriously bad sales strategy.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Jesse,
As per your Cons, let me please note that whenever a customer contacts us regarding any installation matters we assist with no exceptions. As far as I can see you received a response with detailed instructions on resolving the matter via email on the same date you've contacted iSpring Support. Clients with active maintenance plan, however, get immediate help via our online chat. Maybe that's what got you confused.
For those who do not wish to continue with the Maintenance plan, we have a vast collection of helpful resources available online, such as video tutorials, help docs, articles, webinars, FAQs: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support. We also have social media pages where anybody can ask our community any question about iSpring.
Hope that helps!

Replied 6/2/2020
Shane
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Full Set of Features to Create Custom Online Courses

We have found iSpring to be very helpful in our goals to provide professional training tools to our dealer members. It is our goal to eventually have about 20 educational courses available for them to use whenever they need them. So far, the feedback from our members has been very positive, so we look forward to continuing our use of the iSpring software.

Pros

It was easy to setup an iSpring account for our association. Though we only have a few employees, we represent a much larger collection of individual member companies. We are using iSpring to help those member companies hire and train their new employees for sales and service positions. There are plenty of features available in iSpring to help us draft, edit and publish professional looking online courses with animation, audio and testing functions, plus options for custom reports, completion certificates. If you are familiar with PowerPoint, you should have no problem at all with mastering the iSpring suite.

Cons

Sadly, there have been an ongoing list of things that makes iSpring buggy at times. Some are just things we needed that were not already part of the original solution (like setting up multiple organization admins for each of our member companies), or things we experienced as we began using it more often (like audio capture that was inconsistent in quality). Most of these things were solved with some software fixes by the iSpring support team, while for others, we were given temporary workarounds that sufficed. There are still a number of open issues pending resolution in forthcoming updates, but I expect that the iSpring team is working on them based on the priority level across all their customers.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Shane,
Thank so very much for publishing your detailed review about iSpring products (I assumed that you use iSpring LMS as well, please correct me if I am wrong) and service :)
Also I'd like to thank you on behalf of the whole iSpring team for helping us to make our products even better by submitting your feature requests!
Keep up the great work and hope that iSpring keeps serving you well as well !

Replied 27/3/2020
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 15/10/2016

iSpring Quizmaker 8

I have had the wonderful opportunity to download iSpring Quizmaker 8 as a trial version and will submit that it is, hands down, the most powerful, feature-rich, and user friendly platform that I have ever used. I have used many different quiz making software programs and enjoy this one the most with respect to the features that come with the software, the delivery of the quizzes, and the ease of use. I had a few questions for customer support, which I find to be very professional and patient with me as I learn the many features of the program. Their response time to the requests that I submit are always within 24 hours of receipt. I especially like the fact that customer support welcomes feedback about their products to help them continually improve their current five-star product. I can't think of many new features that you would need to create a dynamic and engaging quiz. You have the ability to make your quizzes very fancy by uploading unlimited images, audio, video, and animations to keep the quiz taker entertained throughout your quiz. You can make your quizzes as simple or as fancy as you would like. I also like the fact that your quiztakers are able to take your quizzes as many times as they want, you can upload as many questions as you want, you can embed as many images, video, and media into your questions that you want, for one low license fee. Many testing programs require annual subscriptions, but that is not the case for Quizmaker 8. In terms of value, you are getting a feature packed program for a very fair price. I will guarantee the publisher of your quizzes will enjoy a very user friendly interface to create questions quickly (very quickly - very user friendly) and effectively and your quiz takers will enjoy a completely different testing experience when using this software. It is very engaging. This program has a multitude of different question types so whatever type of questions you are planning, this software has you covered. You are probably in the market for a new quiz creating software package. Look no further. I spent three weeks continually researching quiz creating software and I finally found the diamond in the rough. This is the one you need! This is a great company who is very responsive to any questions you may have, highly professional and pleasant to work with, and is eager to earn your business. Highly recommended!! Five stars in all categories!!

Pros

The multitude of features, ease of use, engaging experience, no limits, and fair price.

Cons

None

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello, Mark!
Thank you greatly for sharing your sincere opinion with the capterra community! We are sure it will be useful to anyone who is in need of a quiz making tool.
Hope iSpring keeps serving you well ;)

Replied 17/10/2016
Professor IML
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/3/2018

I have used iSpring products for many years; Suite 8, the latest, is the most powerful so far.

Pros

It harneses all the power of Powerpoint, the output is much smaller than the original Powerpoint and publication in HTML5 makes it available on almost any platform, including iThings which cannot run Flash.
I use iSpring Suite 8 to make presentations of historical material, particularly of early printed books.
Separately, my organisation - to which I introduced iSpring some years ago - uses it to publish audio-visual educational material for physicians on the web for the benefit of doctors in many countries in addition to UK and to publish the slides and audio of presentations given to our History of Medicine Group.
For my own work I extend the use of some features beyond their original purpose; for example, I use the 'Outline' tabs to provide a simple search engine for some documents. I also use iSpring Flip as a means of producing galleries of images with thumbnails for navigation. This, published in HTML5, has replaced an earlier image gallery that I wrote in Flash.
The software is very easy to use at a simple level but is also capable of supporting considerable sophistication in using animation.
I have had to seek technical support on a number of occasions and have always had prompt and helpful responses - even on the rare occasions when a solution has not been found- I empasise these are rare, usually the problems have been solved.

Cons

I have very few complaints! I would like one or two additional features - more sophisticated text search in presentations and a search facility for the flipbooks.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Dear Professor IML,
We'd like to thank you greatly for posting this detailed and kind review about iSpring tools and services here on Capterra. We appreciate it a lot and hope that iSpring keeps serving you well! Keep it up :)
As per the feature requests, please send them directly to [email protected]

Replied 6/4/2018
Enza

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

my experience

Pros

manage narration
ease of use
integration with powepoint

Cons

In QuizMaker, is there no way to customise the result slides?
i.e. i can customise the 2 available (quiz passed and quiz failed) but i can't add another slide layers?
For example, if I wanted to return a result when 100% has been reached, another result if 70% has been reached and yet another if the minimum score has not been reached.

Interaction - graphical problem:
1.I insert several hotspots and in each one I insert an image which I see as large in the development phase, but which becomes tiny at runtime. Is there no way to determine the size? Even if you put in "appearance", "picture position" = "fit to slide".
2.Is there any way to create an interaction where you just associate audio with no graphics? Or have the background colourless?

Articulate 360

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

ISpring is more 'free and democratic', easier to use because it starts with powerpoint.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi,

Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it.

It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution.

Keep up the great work!

Replied 17/12/2021

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

Green Light for Launch

Pros

I find the interface clean and easy to use. Integration with PowerPoint is, well, on point and make for quick authoring. Software updates prove to be consequential as well. The inclusion of a in-app screen reader/VO is a perfect add-on for my clients' needs and I can't wait to deploy that feature in version 2.0 of our content.

Cons

I've noticed some issues that I'd like to see resolved. For example, I find it annoying that the presentation (PowerPoint) is locked while editing quizzes and interactions. Copying reusable content from the slide to the interaction, quiz, or simulation would be immensely helpful. I've also found some minor DB-related issues with values not saving on the Marketplace app. It's a small problem to resolve from a technical perspective, but bewildering to a non-initiated user who's relying on these tools to run a business.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Mark,

It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly.

Keep up the great work!

Replied 27/6/2021
Russell
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

This tool has expanded our capabilities and saved us time.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Because of the PowerPoint interface, I already knew most of the controls.
When I wasn't sure of the controls, there were detailed videos showing me how to achieve the task at hand. Anytime the video wasn't enough help, iSpring's knowledgeable support staff was there to help.

Cons

I could not find a way to get closed captioning to work on videos that I uploaded. I am hopeful that this will be in an upgrade soon. iSpring's app does not offer screen recording functions on mobile devices. With many app interfaces being used in workplaces this would be a great benefit to my business.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Russell,
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on iSpring products and service! We very much appreciate it =) Keep up the great work!
Also thanks a lot for your feature requests. I will forward them to our Product Development team. If you think of anything else, please send a message to [email protected]

Replied 12/8/2019