Mailbird Reviews

About Mailbird

Mailbird is an email marketing tool that helps businesses of all sizes manage multiple accounts and enhance workforce productivity. It is a Windows-based solution that enables users to sync and centralize emails and contacts from...

4.2

Browse Mailbird Reviews

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/8/2021

All my email in one place

I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

Pros

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

Cons

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

Stacy
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 15/9/2019

Inbox zero!

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Pros

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Cons

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Outlook has been around a long time, and it's not a bad email program, if you are only using it for one email address, but if you have multiple email addresses, like myself and my team, then it quickly became a hassle.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Honestly, the unified inbox was a huge selling point, but the customization options also helped me decide. Mailbird also has several useful integrations available, which allows us to not only stay on top of our emails, but also our social media accounts and more!
Elias
Elias

Reviewed on 6/11/2023

Not a Mailbird Lifetime Deal - Be Aware!

In conclusion, although I appreciate the improvements in Mailbird 3, the unanticipated additional cost has left me feeling disappointed and disillusioned with the brand. I hope Mailbird addresses this issue and considers its loyal customers who invested in the previous lifetime deal.

Pros

As a user of Mailbird 2, I was genuinely excited when I purchased the lifetime deal. The promise of a one-time payment for continuous access to their excellent app was a deal I couldn't pass up. Mailbird 2 has been my reliable companion, streamlining my email management with its intuitive interface and robust features.

However, my enthusiasm has been dampened by the latest development. The introduction of Mailbird 3, undeniably a more advanced and promising version, has come with an unexpected twist. The lifetime deal that I had happily invested in for Mailbird 2 no longer applies to this new upgrade.

Cons

Having to pay again for Mailbird 3 feels like a betrayal of the trust I put in the "lifetime" deal for Mailbird 2. The term "lifetime" implies a long-term commitment, which I assumed would include subsequent versions of the software. However, it appears this is not the case.

While I understand that the development and maintenance of new software require resources and hence, costs, it's disappointing to face another payment request after purchasing what was marketed as a lifetime deal.

Top Mailbird Alternatives

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 16/2/2023

Very happy I made the switch from Hey

I haven't been using it for too long but I like it way more than Outlook and think paying once for a lifetime license to the client is a great model that's not too common nowadays.

Pros

The ability to consolidate all of my email addresses AND calendars in a single email client with both, powerful integrations AND the ability to make it barebones enough so that it can be a tool for focusing is fabulous.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything bad to say about it for disciplined people. If you're not disciplined, you might have some problems because you can integrate basically any messaging platform with the client and that could end up causing an unlimited amount of distractions.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

I only used Outlook for my Exchange accounts and Hey for my Hey account but they didn't quite satisfy me. Searching for alternatives online I found that Mailbird was focused on productivity and had several features that the other two didn't so I have it a try and found it much, much better.

Microsoft Outlook and Hey

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

I've used Thunderbird in the past and find that the interface is very outdated.
Jeremy
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

Pros

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

Cons

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Juanita
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 9/3/2024

Lifetime Licence, lasted less than 10 months

Shocking, bad, not good, got ripped off big time, help non existent

Pros

Easy to read and set up, able to display emails in the order that is best suited to you.

Cons

Search function totally useless, settings function useless, unable to transfer any of the email data away from mailbird, you have to pay for a third party app to fulfill this when you want to leave. Getting hold of anyone for help on anything impossible, unless you wish to purchase, they are very quick to jump on that one.

Response from Mailbird

Hi Juanita,

We're naturally sorry for the disappointment caused - however I can see that we have replied to each and every one of the support requests which you created:

- Ticket #496706 (created yesterday).
- Ticket #489238 (created Jan. 6th 2024).
- Ticket 462518 (created Apr. 11th 2023).
- Ticket #462013 (created Apr. 6th 2023, which you rated positively).

You stated that our customers must pay for a third-party app - this is incorrect, since we have built a tool to export data for free. More information can be found here: https://support.getmailbird.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013591887-How-to-Use-Mailbird-Export-Tools

While we are sorry that we could not implement the search functions that you requested, we did acknowledge your feature request and provided you with prompt replies. We receive countless feature requests for all sorts of improvements and functionalities, and we do our very best to prioritise new features or improvements based on the level of interest they receive.

Replied 12/3/2024
Azizur
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 9/6/2023

The email client MailBird is very simple to use.

It's easy to customize MailBird. I have the ability to alter both the client's appearance and how it functions.

Pros

I can handle several email accounts from one location using MailBird, a desktop email client. It works with both Windows and macOS.I can complete tasks quickly because to the clear and simple UI and the abundance of keyboard shortcuts.

Cons

Only Mac OS X and Windows support MailBird. No mobile app exists.Occasionally, MailBird can be sluggish, especially if I have a large number of accounts and messages.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Outdated functions and an antiquated user interface.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Users who want an economical, feature-rich, and user-friendly email client might choose MailBird.
Roman
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

Bailbird for manage multiple accounts

Good app, and good value for money. Still has some features to be improved

Pros

It does a great job of managing multiple accounts. I use it for my work and my private account and it is very helpful to see both of them in one app. Especially it works well in calendar add-on. Another important thing to note is the variety of add-ons like messengers or task-managing apps

Cons

The functionality of filters is a bit low. When switching accounts in add-on apps, it doesn't permit opening two or more accounts simultaneously. Sometimes the calendar app doesn't refresh automatically and customer support didn't help with it

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 14/9/2022

Amazing Software for Email Sending

It's very good experience.

Pros

I found this software very interesting and helpful for email marketing and management. I send my daily office mails by mailbird to my all clients.

Cons

There's none of the existing features which i dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Because I'm looking for new features. And this software has lack of new and extra ordinary features.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Because it has more features. It works properly for my daily routine work.
Wendy
Wendy

Reviewed on 14/7/2018

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my...

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Pros

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Cons

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Gerald
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 20/6/2022

Ongoing problem connecting to our ISP's imap server when trying to send emails. DOVECOT...

Bad, we own 6 or more seats of the business version and this is happening on all the seats. We are experts at removing email account from Mailbird and re installing them to the point that I have memorized at least 4 of our emails passwords which are 12+ characters in length with many strange characters.

Pros

Easy to use and when it works it is great sad thing is that there is a problem sending emails and we are told it is our ISP who uses DOVECOT. This does not make sense as we then subscribed to smtp2go which is a totally different systema and we have the same ongoing issue. We have sent 20 or more .log files as this is what support require and each and every response has stated that we must change the connections to 1 and set the download to manual not auomatic. I have 10+ copies of the exact same canned response which ofcourse does nothing to resolve the problem. Compose email, click send and a day later it is still sitting in the drafts folder. GRRRR

Cons

The fact that there appears to be an inherent problem with the SMTP portion of this program, been like this since day one and the company is doing absolutely nothing to resolve this problem. The only way to get these stuck emails to send is to press Ctrl+Shift, click on hamburger menu, then click on debug, the program restarts and then when it reloads the email sends, of course the .log file most probably shows nothing is awry because now the email is sending..

Natesh
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 17/2/2023

Natesh Feedback on mailbird

Simply wonderful

Pros

Integration with other applications like WhatsApp, google docs and google sheets

Cons

You can have tables to compose emails and also you cannot select multiple emails to forward to people and export all emails to archive. They should have pst export or archive feature.

Postbox

Outlook is useless

Microsoft Outlook

I have purchased both
brad
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Support VERY BAD

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer.

I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention.
I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!)
I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful.

Regards, Brad

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Ridwan
Ridwan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 25/1/2022

Most beautiful email client with popular software integration

Overall I am a Fan of Mailbird. It delivers what it is supposed to deliver beautifully. I would recommend anyone to get Mailbird. You will love it when you will be able to handle multiple tools from a single place.

Pros

Mailbird is my favorite mail client from the time they were just starting up. They show all your emails from a nice and clean layout. I also like their skins so much. Mailbird gave me no trouble when I connected it with my office mail whereas Outlook 16 needed a lot of troubleshooting with the app password. Moreover, I could access my Whatsapp, Google Drive, Trello board all from the same place.

Cons

Sometimes I miss a note-taking feature in Mailbird. Another thing I miss is a web panel to check my emails. I need to check mail from my office but as I have a single license and don't want to install Mailbird on my office computer (It has my sensitive login info) A web panel could have helped.

Josemaria
Josemaria

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

Finally, a great email app with best form and function for Windows

Beauty will save the world. My philosophy is that if it's not beautiful and functional, I/people will not use it. Mailbird is great in terms of aesthetics and email app functionality. It just looks great, easy to use, and works!

Some advanced features (filtering, search) may be a bit wanting. But for my daily use, it feels just like Gmail as it should be (on a beautiful platform).

Pros

It is a thing of beauty. Form meets function. It is much better than other Windows email apps, and I've tried a ton already (Thunderbird, Outlook, MS Mail...). It kind of reminds me of Spark mail which I use with my Mac.

Keyboard shortcuts is the same with Gmail (by default) which made it easy for me to transition from browser based gmail to Mailbird.

The Snooze function is also one of my favorites. It helps me achieve Zero-Inbox without worrying about the emails "I don't need to attend to right now but need to be reminded of some other time."

Support team is very quick to respond and are indeed helpful. Even before I got my Mailbird Pro, they have been very responsive.

Cons

For more advanced email enthusiasts, it might disappoint that it currently does not have the ability to set up filters, or messaging rules. (Maybe you can set this up with gmail beforehand?)

The search can also be made more powerful. Right now it can't search and/or sort by date.

Stan
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

Great..., when it works.

The benefits are running mltiple accounts on one platform. THe inability to get the level of attention to resolve such a critical issue is not acceptable. I am shopping for a replacement and would NOT RECOMMEND them if you rely on your email as much as I do.

Pros

The ability to manage multiple accounts in a single Inbox.

Cons

Their support is horrible. Beginning the third week of plsatitudes and apologies, but NO FIX to a basic, fundamental requirement to sync my calendar. THis is all I get: "I have thoroughly investigated the log.log files that you have provided and it seems for some reason Mailbird cannot establish synchronisation with your calendar and we have SQL errors registered there.

I have forwarded your support request to our development team who will investigate this further and work on a fix. I understand how frustrating this is not to be able to use your calendar within Mailbird, and I would like to apologise for all the trouble and inconvenience caused. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible, hopefully, this will not take long."

Bill
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

A solid email client

Overall, mailbird is a great product that I am proud to use daily.

Pros

I like a unified email account that consolidates all my Gmail accounts in one place. I like the integration with Evernote and Facebook helps my productivity. I love the search function which is fast and accurate.

Cons

For filters, it would be advantageous to be able to screen for partial strings in a domain name to be able to delete it from the inbox. Currently, I have spam coming to me from different variations of @xxxxxxxxxxxxxxfacebookmailcom. I would like to be able to set up filter ANY emails coming from the facebookmail.com domain

Eli

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Mailbird is demanding payment from Lifetime Business License purchasers

Mailbird is eliminating support for 2.x for Lifetime Business Licenses and demanding payment if you want to use beyond 2024

Pros

Mailbird is now charging to update despite selling lifetime business licenses. Fraudulent practices

Cons

Charging for updates after selling Lifetime Business Licenses.

Oleg

Reviewed on 27/5/2019

Great Outlook alternative

When we started our way to go away from Microsoft, the first step was to find alternatives to MS Office, it was easy to find replacement for Word and Excel, but for Outlook it was really hard to find an alternative. Mailbird became almost a perfect replacement, and even beaten Outlook in Gmail integration and Unified inbox.
Waiting a Linux version to continue our moving to Microsoft-free office.

Pros

- Unified inbox
- Support for Gmail/GApps labels
- Quick seach even in really big mailboxes (search in six mailboxes with total size 50+GB takes not more then 5 seconds)
- Affordable price

Cons

- No Linux version (one of apps, that still holds me on Windows)
- Search sometimes inaccurate, no complex search syntax
- Unable to create multiple signatures on the same mailbox (e.g. for me it's useful to have Russian and English signature on my bussiness mailbox at the same time)

Stewart
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

If it all worked it would be fantastic

A waste of many man hours, I am exhausted trying to debug, write mail bird tickets , running outlook so I have access to contacts and trying to keep up with my daily workflow. I will certainly be moving on to another vendor when I have the spare time.

Pros

All the features are exactly what I wanted as a busy support business. We have Facebook and Whats app integration and a unified inbox so all inbound mails can be monitored in realtime

Cons

The bugs with office 365 really killed it for us. We work on a fast but expensive Vsat and having been asked 3 times to reload a 20Gig plus mail file is annoying. The system upgraded to Auth2.0 and now I get my emails in bursts every few hours as there are authentication issues. Since then my hundreds of contacts are not there, every day there is an increment about 5 or 10 contacts from the server and I am now up to 80 contacts.
As I use contacts for everything this is very disappointing as I have to leave Outlook open !
I was less than complimentary about this on my support ticket and I have only got automated replies for the last 2 weeks. NOT impressed with the support or the office 365 reliability. The rest is very good. Unfortunately we are a 365 business so its a non starter for us and getting cut of from support for being uncomplimentary when we are a paying customer is unprofessional to say the least.
Be warned, Mailbird needs hugs.

Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 10/6/2022

Is it the best e-mail client ever? It comes pretty close.

Pros

The software is very lightweight on system resources, is quick and easy to setup and offer a simple interface that is clean and easy to navigate. Supporting multiple e-mail accounts and types of account out of the box is excellent and it really allows you to have a single pane view of all your mailboxes in one place.

Cons

I least liked the fact that the Microsoft Exchange connection is only available in the Business/Pro edition, whilst it used to be that mailboxes running on Exchange were normally only ever a business option there are more and more hosting companies offering Office 365/Exchange mailboxes as part of their email solution.

Mike
Mike

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Needs Unified Calendar and .ics support

Great for mail, kind of crappy calendar experience.

Pros

It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app.

Cons

Won't open .ics files so need to use another program for a calendar. Also does not have a native calendar so needs to plug in to Google Calendar but it's per account and not unified.

Bryan
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 27/5/2019

Helpful for managing Work and Personal

Very positive experience, especially as I need to juggle work and personal.

Find it a nice desktop alternative and has handy tools.

Money well spent!

Pros

Very handy customisation features. Intuitive interface, simple and tidy layout for a smaller laptop.

Lovely integration with select key applications (WhatsApp, Google Calendar) keep me on task and away from my phone during work.

Cons

The calendar integration could be better. It would be nice to have additional integration beyond a web portal.

A mobile app would be nice - other apps are especially dominant there.

Downloads from email attachments could be a bit better too. Like choosing folder etc.

Brandon

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

MailBird is a serious contender for best email app

Overall I'm able to use Mailbird for all my email accounts and combine everything into one email app which is great. No more switching back and forth to multiple different apps.

Pros

Mailbird is a great full featured email app that works smoothly on my Windows 10 computer. It's replaced all other mail apps (including Microsoft Outlook). It has a wide variety of settings for customization. I can add emails from all accounts very easily and it works flawlessly.

Cons

I do have a difficult time adding POP3 and IMAP accounts at times. It's unclear why at this point so I'd like to see an easier way to add those types of email accounts.

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

One of the best in market email platforms

Very impressed with the software - great value for money with lots of useful and brilliant features. A good email client with features similar to Microsoft Outlook and that can support multiple email accounts.

Pros

If you like Microsoft Outlook but you use another email client like GMail then you'll love this. It provides you with the features that make Microsoft Outlook great and adds additional functionality on top of that. Highly customisable as well - one of the best email platforms I have used! If you buy the Pro version as well it's really good value for money and you can buy a lifetime licence for a one off fee.

Cons

It offers a free version but the free version has advertisements and less functionality than the pro version. Although to be fair, the functionality you get in the pro version isn't a big improvement and some might not find it worth the money. The main benefit in my opinion is getting rid of the advertisments.