About Miro

Miro is a cloud-based collaboration tool for small to midsize businesses. The solution features a digital whiteboard that can be used for research, ideation, building customer journeys and user story maps, wireframing and a range...

Browse Miro Reviews

Shelly
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

With Miro, you can create organization charts quickly and easily

I have had a great experience with this software. It has been a great tool for me and my organization. We use it to set weekly goals, to turn our ideas into small steps, and for so many other things.

Pros

With Miro, you can create organizational charts, mind maps, and other planning tasks. It is simple to use, and the user interface is appealing. You'll get amazing pre-made templates with Miro.

Cons

Miro has greatly increased the effectiveness of my work, especially when I have to use it to schedule my entire day. Miro is my go-to program for creating organizational charts, therefore I use it without thinking.

Hampus

Reviewed on 15/9/2022

Incredibly smooth digital collaboration tool

Easy to get going with, easy to use, and a rather fun experience.

Pros

The ease of use and freedom inside the app, "at the board", is great.

Cons

The only potential issue is when you need more people to join the board, then more licenses are needed and it becomes rather expensive.

Denise

Reviewed on 3/6/2022

Excellent experience in collaborative work

For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Top Miro Alternatives

Reviewed on 18/9/2022

Great board system for collaborating

We've used this product for a number of different things from mood boards and mind mapping to project work. What previously we would have done with a large wall and sticky notes we can do online, across countries and create a permanent record in miro.

Pros

There are a number of predesigned templates that make this easy to use for those not familiar with this type of product

There are a number of integrations that can be used, including importing web pages etc.

Cons

It's a very small snark, but when adding text to the sticky notes, it can render strangely.

Lucidchart

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Company were already using this and wanted to stay with miro
Robert

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Excellent platform to design workflows, brainstorm ideas and create flowcharts!

Overall I have had an excellent user experience. I highly recommend Miro to all students and workers who need to brainstorm, create process flows and flowcharts.

Pros

It is very easy to use, and it has a lot of good features. Importing templates and images is easy. Creating workflows is super easy since the software assists the user.

Cons

There is nothing that i do not like about it

Ciara

Reviewed on 31/8/2022

I couldn't work without Miro

Pros

Miro is indispensable for our company. We use it to whiteboard, brainstorm, collaborate, and store templates/documents. I love the ease of use and the features miro has. Zoom recently started their whiteboard feature but it has nothing on Miro. I can use miro templates to have quick setups before meetings which is a huge plus. I can also share my screen and use miro while on a call. We get compliments all of the time on our Miro process, we wouldn't be where we are today without miro.

Cons

I wish we could upload all file types, right now it's limited to a certain set of files.

Aslihan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Great Tool for Collaboration

It has been great so far.

Pros

It's a multifunctional tool that I use in many aspects of my life, including teaching at the university, visualization for my research projects, brainstorming, conducting online workshops, etc. What I like about it the most is that it is very easy to use and makes online collaboration quite fun.

Cons

Some tools in Miro (i.e. sticky notes, shapes, etc.) are a bit limiting in terms of design; for example, there are few options in fonts or colors. It's not a huge problem, but it makes me feel limited a little bit.

Kate

Reviewed on 27/8/2022

Must-Have Virtual Whiteboarding Software

It's how we map out all our most important documentation.

Pros

It makes it so easy for our team to map out everything from strategy docs to wireframes to brainstorms. It's fantastic for collaboration and has so many different ways to visually map out your thoughts.

Cons

The product itself is pretty wonderful. Nothing I dislike about it.

Emelda

Reviewed on 12/9/2022

Easy Collaboration Tool

Overall a great tool, very accessible on mobile.

Pros

It was very simple to find my way around the tool. The learning curve is not steep. It is accessible on mobile and you can quickly make some edits on the go

Cons

The mobile version is not easy to pan and navigate

Melissa

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Kelly M

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Excellent multipurpose software with functional features

An array of tools and templates for specialized purposes make it simple to get started, and it's simple to find what you're looking for when you do. A fantastic user experience on every device, regardless of operating system, is ensured by being platform agnostic. It has allowed us to hold more successful seminars without depending on countless physical post-it notes, and to cooperate effectively while having a remote team and customer base.

Pros

Any product designer, UX designer, UI designer, or member of a remote design team should have a copy of Miro on hand. It's a great tool for design thinking, brainstorming, and whiteboarding. Their great templates will also assist any novice get started and hold fruitful meetings.

Cons

For freelancers on a tight budget, Miro might be prohibitively expensive. For established agencies, though, this is ideal. Even though a voting tool was recently added to the product, a wider range of interactive elements would help us better engage audiences and create better workshop experiences.

Ricardo

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Our tool of choice for visual collaboration - a must have in education and training

Miro is awesome. We have been using it to demonstrate different concepts in online workshops to co-workers and also to share knowledge with our K-12 students. The level of interaction and engagement is the cornerstone of a product that enables you and your team to work cohesively and share ideas in a visual manner.

Pros

Here we are in love with Miro: It is easy to use, has a wide arrange of tools to convey ideas and has plenty of templates for specific purposes. Being platform agnostic warrants a great experience across devices and operating systems. The tools to collaborate make it an indispensable app for teachers and trainers.

We are quite pleased with the fact that the Support team (Miro Academy) is always organizing training events to cover the basics and also advanced tools. The Miroverse community is also very helpful and we all get to share templates and tools with the rest of the users.

Cons

Not a con, but something that may annoy some people is that the text tool is a bit limited. From the selection of typefaces to the inability to format specific parts of the text, the tool feels lacking.

Another factor to consider (not a con, per see) is that Miro is better used when you have an idea of what is it that you want from it and you organize your content accordingly. The fact that this has an infinite canvas lends to chaos if you do not plan ahead.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 17/12/2021

Visual thinking board

I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

Pros

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

Cons

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Mural

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Generally, at some point I get annoyed at some missing feature, or I find myself reproducing a template from the Miro community.

MindMeister, Mindomo and Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I was lucky to get an educational licence as a PhD Candidate, which made the choice trivia.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do.

I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Kenneth

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Tracing paper and pen in a virtual environment

With remote working, collaborating on complex design related problems became much more difficult. Screen sharing with snapping images and marking up was a quick fix, however this was slow and a 1-way communication.

MIRO solved all of this and became the virtual equivalent of rolling out tracing paper and having a handful of people developing the design simultaneously.

I think that it would be useful to enhance the sketching experience further. If there could be a virtual tracing paper with variable opacity to contain (group) a series of sketches similar to a frame this would be useful. This is currently possible with multiple objects but it becomes unwieldy. This would also allow the development of a simple layer system.

Partial deletion of a hand drawn line would be really helpful.
(I have in mind some of the user-experience of the Procreate sketching iPad app)

Pros

I found MIRO intuitive with no training necessary. You can invite collaborators effortlessly with only browser access required. This has been transformational for me during remote working.

Cons

When boards become large, the download process can be a little slow and it sometimes trips up with downloading the content that is currently in the viewer's screen. This can easily be resolved by archiving and starting a new board.

Perhaps an option of local caching some content could be useful.

Ronald
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 3/8/2021

Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!

I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO.

Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool.

I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works.

oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros

The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons

The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Andoni
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage.

It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas.

It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace.

I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand.

Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile.

Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork.

In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas.
I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro.

Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture.
I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference.

It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Milanote, Canva and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

Trello, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)
Satya

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Bluescape and Ziflow

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 11/5/2021

My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach

Pros

I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to.

The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place.

Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it.

In particular, there are two features I like about Miro.

Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few.

You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too.

Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic!

Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas.

The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Veljko

Reviewed on 21/4/2020

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting...

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to.
The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool.
Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc.
What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Anthony

Reviewed on 29/10/2016

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution.

For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards.

For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

Jakub

Reviewed on 8/3/2022

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Milanote

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Featureset and user interface.

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.
Syamir

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Flexible digital whiteboard

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Sohaib
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

Simply the best whiteboard software available

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard.

Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place.

Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.