CallHippo Reviews

About CallHippo

CallHippo is a cloud-based call center solution that helps mid to large size businesses with workflow automation and virtual telephony. The platform enables users to give detailed analysis to customers through call recordings....

4.1

Browse CallHippo Reviews

Eric
Eric

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Great Customer Support by CallHippo Team | [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was helping me today and he ROCKS! Any time I have needed questions answered, the support team has been extremely helpful.

Pros

Once you learn to use it, it is very easy and robust. It does more than what we need it to do, and the price is great.

Cons

Our agency sets up many accounts for our clients. Sometimes the anti-fraud department flags our new accounts. Our clients pay their CallHippo bill directly so we have many accounts rather than just one.

Regardless, the new account openings are resolved quickly.

CallRail

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

Pricing and support

CallRail
Karl

Reviewed on 16/2/2024

Telephony service

Pros

Ease of use and quality of service. Excellent support

Cons

Unscheduled outages. Technical issues that are not planned

Erica

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

CallHippo Sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone

It is extremely expensive but when I was looking at them I was told they were cheaper than Just call which is NOT the case. I spend more money on Calls per month than I did with Just Call (Just Call was a much better option all around compared to CallHippo).. and you can find a phone software like ConneXio that doesn't charge per call and they are way cheaper per person and so far much better quality (never had an issue with ConneXio). CallHippo charged me for 10 employees for the year and after 2 months we went down to 5 and they would not give me a refund, they gave me 6 months more on my contract "free" they said. With all the issues we have been having with the system lately I asked them to compensate me again and they extended me another 6 months "Free".... I don't want to be with them any longer. They Suck. I want to cut ties and go but they won't budge and let me out of the contract. And for the record, it is NOT FREE... their calls are so expensive that I end up paying them $60 a month on top of what I paid per person just for calling credits. I don't want to give them another dime.

Pros

I don't. It always has issues. We are a call center and I don't have time for issues.

Cons

It is connected to my CRM but it doesn't log the recordings into the CRM at all. You have to hunt for them on their website. It always has an issue, can't call out, drops calls, dialer does not work to push extensions when the call goes through... etc...

Response from CallHippo

Hi Erica,

Really apologize for the inconvenience.

Replied 6/12/2022

Top CallHippo Alternatives

Reviewed on 10/2/2024

Callhippo is very easy to use and has a good quality for inbound and outbound calls.

I am happy I chose CallHippo. I never encountered any problems using it.

Pros

The quality of the phone system and it is very easy to use. It is very user-friendly.

Cons

It is still not complete. I hope they add more features that would be functional to most companies.

Murugan

Reviewed on 8/3/2024

Wonderful Experience

Pros

Structure of CallHippo which is very easy/simple to understand ... Great Customer Support

Cons

Nothing as of now as my experience is really great/amazing and going pretty well for now

Somesh
Somesh

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

READ & ASK Before Make a Purchase of the Service

- Try Skype for Business with call number their support is brilliant.

Pros

- You can get a different service with better support 'skype for business'.

Cons

- Discuss your Use Case with the support team before making the purchase.
- Support doesn't even understand your use case properly due to lack of knowledge.
- They will try to sell you the product no matter what so, please get all the response over email as proof of refund.
- You don't receive SMS for verification. So, the service doesn't work.
- You don't receive calls for verification from Google Voices, Gmail, Google Adwords, Upwork.
- Again make sure ask before you make the final purchase because they don't wanna refund wanna your money
- Also, their automation mailer will disturb you even if you are on a call with them.

Response from CallHippo

Hi Somesh, we are trying to find you in our data tools to solve your concerns but could not find you. Can you please send us a mail at [email protected] with CC to [email protected]

hidekazu
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE

The level of service is always top. Everyone I deal with is always so helpful and friendly.

Pros

Customer service is always stellar. Today [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful and super friendly through out our process. I reached great results with him.

Cons

So far my experience has been very positive and I am unable to think of any cons.

Blake

Reviewed on 28/2/2024

QUALITY WITH SPEED

Pros

Support Staff was very helpful and guided me to fix integration with PipeDrive CRM
Very fast response time in order to get me team ready and live

Cons

Problem with Intergration but was fix by your strong support team.

Rehab

Reviewed on 17/3/2024

perfect experience

Pros

every thing is good the voice is clear .

Marvin
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 22/3/2024

Callhippo Review

Pros

Easy enough to use with different systems.

Cons

A lot of things are missing from the website.

Jeff

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

More than meets the eye...

Great integration with HubSpot, and the click-to-dial feature from within HubSpot has pretty much solved the issue of needing to shrink the dialpad.

Pros

The product is very easy to use - only took a few minutes to set everything up and I continue to find helpful features...the dashboard is similar to that of a full CRM and has quite a few stats and features for tracking call volume, etc.
The product has a great integration feature and once my dialer was fully integrated with HubSpot, it had a great effect on my overall productivity and cut down quite a bit on my time spent between calls...no need to go back and forth to the dialpad!

Cons

The only two features which require improvement are: 1. The voicemail setup requires me to create a recording using separate software, and then upload it to CH
2. It would be nice to be able to minimize the dialpad in order to hover over pages and see phone numbers which I am manually keying in without having to switch back and forth between the page i am reading and the dialpad 'page'...

Aaron
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Thank you so much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], phenomenal Customer Service!

Incredible rate, quality, customer support, everyone goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that their customers are well taken care of and it is something that is noticible from the very first moment you sign on with a customer service rep. As someone who works in I.T. and handles situations like these on a daily basis I can appreciate just how much work goes into the service they provide to their customers, and this speaks volumes. The time I spent with my customer service rep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] there were many moments where the conversation could have ended with my issue left unresolved, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was patient and strategically helped me find a solution to the issue I was having. Individuals like this are a HUGE asset to a company, and with individuals like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the team I have no doubt that the future is very bright for CallHippo.

Pros

Provides all the features that would need and then some. There are lots of services to choose from but no matter which service you choose having reliable customer service is critical to making it all work.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the robot voice for the voicemail technology could probably be upgraded. But they also allow you to upload your own pre-recorded audio file which works perfectly for me so it wasn't really an issue at all.

SHAHRAM

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Running it like a scam

Terrible. Scam artists in their sales and customer success teams.

Pros

Easy of deployment and average cost compared to others

Cons

After more than a year of using them and dealing with sporadic technical issues, finance let me know callhippo had made some significant charges to our credit cards used for monthly payments. We called them to see why. This is what they told us and I have them in email too as we pressed more: "We had made a mistake in your pricing a year ago and this is what we have to charge you now to make up for it!" Essentially that is their way of increasing the price on you. And then also had gone ahead and moved us from monthly plan to an annual plan without our permisson. I have an email from their sales team when we bought that our prices was x dollars and it would "never" change. When we asked them to reconcile these, the palyed games for 3 months and did not respond to repeated requests to give us an answer or refund. The support has been nothing short of scam! I am incredibly disappointed how they treat their long-term customers. Stay away from this product unless you are fine working with charalttans.

joseph
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 3/1/2023

call hipo review

overall experience i like the service and its efficiency since i started using i have seen some more new features coming up and better service so i think with time you will be the best.

Pros

firstly i like the numbering system and the whole arrangements with the auto answering voices and forwarding calls this is the feature i like most and your customer service is also good i like customer service so efficient and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was supportive just helped now

Cons

mostly keeps disturbing on mobile keeps logging me out and i cant receive real time calls as well and if some calling i cant call back using the same number or any number i can choose. And then could atleast hold customers number for some period if havnt renewed sometimes the people are ill or some banking issues you shouldnt remove the numbers quickly

Sam

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Terrible Customer Service and AWFUL Call Quality

Overall a terrible experience and we shall be actively turning other business owners we know away from using this system.We are also disputing the payment as we have not received the services we were expecting

Pros

Has plenty of features, HOWEVER, these are all a waste of time when the call quality of the system is absolutely terrible.

Cons

The call quality is awful. People on the other end of the line couldn't hear me or make out what I was saying. They tried to make out it was my Internet connection which is a terrible excuse as I have super fast broadband, and after using a new system (Go High Level) I have had no issues at all.Their customer service is terrible also. I signed up and paid for a mid tier plan right away as we wanted to use the power dialer feature on the system. After making numerous calls and test calls on the same day of sign up, it was clear that the quality was terrible and we contacted the support team right away to cancel the account and refund the payment we had literally just made.1 week later we still haven't received anything, and after chasing them we have been told they don't offer refunds.The system is not fit for purpose and you should avoid Call Hippo entirely.

Response from CallHippo

Hi Sam, Really apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a mail at [email protected] and cc [email protected], we will look into this concern to resolve it on priority.

Replied 9/1/2023
Sripathi

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Feedback

Pros

Integration with Hubspot, Reports, Overall the service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] the account manager for us is very cooperative and is available whenever we call him. I would like to give him 5/5 rating for his support.

Cons

Call drops, Call Quality Issue, connectivity issue.

Carlos
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

Great for my team!

I've had a great experience. The software is very easy to use and it covers all the basics functionality.

Pros

Being able to have different departments online at the same time. Also, the pricing is really good for what you get.

Cons

I just hope that internal transfers was part of the regular plan, seems something so basic for the service.

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Price
Rohit
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Fantastic Customer Support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Before getting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I was in touch with few of the guys before. They were good but not as supportive as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gets to that extra level to help the customer and ensures that all the queries get resolved. Despite of the fact he is suffering from Covid -19 he was up on his toes to meet and greet my queries.

I think customer service like him help us in proving good reviews. One suggestion to his reporting manager. If you any clients which are dissatisfied with you services let them talk to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I am sure he will have 90 % retention rate for them .

Regards
Rohit
Coo

Pros

This software is very user friendly and the customer support team especially getting assisted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] He is very helpful and soft spoken and takes every query very patiently. I think all the customers should be handled by him . Even though he was suffering from Covid-19 he was very supportive.

Keep it up!

Cons

No Demerits .

Everything is fine . I think this is the best app.

Amielia
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Disgusting customer service and will not give a refund even though I proved their sales lied.

Horrible.

I asked for a refund on the 1st of May and it is now the 11th and they still keep going in circles. They will not put me through to a manager and all they do is say "sorry for the inconvenience" which is clearly automated and just a general reply - goes to show how much they have these problems.

Pros

Nothing. Sales lied to me and they would not send me the entire transcript for the conversation where the salesman told me incoming calls would not be charged unless we transferred the calls.
We ensured we were on a plan that included this. They then charged us additional. The next person then told me that we are charged per minute for all calls and I was told the wrong thing by the sales person.

I eventually proved I was correct after many hours and told them I wanted a refund. They tried to keep me as a customer and I told them no.
This amount of minutes they deducted was close to 15 but I was the only person who had trialed this number and I did not ever answer. I left 1 voice mail to see how it works. All up, including the time it took to connect, I would have spent between 2 - 3 minutes trialing this system.

I will be using RingCentral now because I have used it with another client and they are better in every way. They may cost slightly more but trust me pay the extra!!!

Cons

The customer service and sales are ridiculous.

Response from CallHippo

Hi, we are trying to find you in our data tools to solve your concerns but could not find you. Can you please send us a mail at [email protected] with CC to [email protected]

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Customer service? Hahaha - you're kidding, right?

I hope they go under - the world doesn't need another crumby business.

Pros

None particularly. The app was a good idea but riddled with issues.

Cons

Lousy, lousy. LOUSY customer service. Over a day with a non-working phone number and no support. What a joke....

Artin
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

Great features, well worth the money!

Good experience. They have great customer service that is eager to help. Eventhough they seem to be located in India, it in no way lowers the value of their offering.

Pros

It has what you need for a phone number. Speedy set up, then you can forward the new number to your personal or office number. We've included a voice mail as well so all calls are greeted with a professional message while the line is being redirected. in the past tried 2 other services that did not work and this is the best by far. Been using it for almost 1 year. The phone app is really handy as you can call from the app.

Cons

Nothing much. all is good and can't think of anything, except that for some countries they don't have phone numbers. But guess that's not something not to like - it's just that their service does not include it.
If they can have phone numbers for most countries in the world that would be better

Jagpreet
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Help with call forwarding issue

I can easily take calls in any country when travelling. It make it easier to contact with my customers. I love the customer service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided today with call forwarding issue. It shows the support team care for the each and every customer.

Pros

It's one of the best software for call forwarding out there. I love that I can answer call on web dialer and on the app and on the go over the forwarder number.

Cons

App should have more options in side to change few more setting.

Eduardo

Reviewed on 27/1/2021

Great service

great support team always helpful.

Pros

Easy of use, setup and support they are always willing to help

Cons

it hangs ocasionally and it needs better voices for recordings.

Matthew
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 24/8/2020

Does everything I need

Overall it has been very positive. Call quality is fantastic, easy to setup and make changes as required. It does offer a lot of featers in the silver plan that would be additional addons with other companies which makes it a great choice.

Pros

I like how easy it is to setup. Hassle free activation, simple to add additional lines, employees etc. Has all the features anyone could want.

Cons

It is now a little expensive for me after covid the AUD dropped so conversions now make it more expensive than local companies unfortunately.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/8/2018

Call Hippo --best way to Manage calls

Pros

It helps a lot to maintain call details and helps us to Manage to whom we have to call and whom we have called.it basically work on VoIP and its inbuilt tool helps to find out the details of the callers.It automatically provides the Time Zone while making a call to avoid dilemma of the Time Zone.Its web version and App version remains in sync with each other.We can add on our ads/voice messages while we are offline or we are not available.

Cons

I have been using this from the last dew years , i hadnt find any Dislike ,but sometime due to slow internet the lags can be easily seen between with the Communicators