About CallHippo

CallHippo is a cloud-based call center solution that helps mid to large size businesses with workflow automation and virtual telephony. The platform enables users to give detailed analysis to customers through call recordings....

4.1
4.2

Browse CallHippo Reviews

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

CallHippo

The overall experience has been pretty good.
The services work well, I had no problems that disturbed my clients, customer support has been brilliant in helping too and the telephone services at the price level are quite good, which will help immensely in the annual expenses.

Pros

-The customer support team is excellent. They are very responsive and help me resolve my problems.
-The prices are afordable: comparable or better than others Virtual Phone Services.
-Provides great services for international calling ! Makes international calls alot more easy and less expensive.
-It is easy to use.
-It has a simple UI which greatly facilitates the domain of the service.

Cons

I had some problems trying to register even with a business email I could not create a new account and
the first time I used the service it crushed 2 times and keep logging me out of my account.
But i called the support team and they helped me resolve the problem.

Amit
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

Excellent Sales and Support Team, But could use a few more features and integrations.

Overall I am more satisfied here than, dial pad, phone.com and cloud.io.
Even Zendesk support wasn't that great and don't even get me started on Zoom phone setup. What a nightmare compared to yours.

You guys are onto something, don't lose your excellent support and sales strategy.

Pros

Ease of use, and how quickly I could implement my setup.
Moreover the quick and friendly sales and support team.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Support were just wonderful people to work with.

Cons

It would have been great if we can implement a team chat plugging for my website right through here like it is with zoom and zendesk, but for now, I think you have some room to grow on your product interface development and integration to implement for the future, which is pivotal for your company.

RingCentral MVP, Zoom Phone and Nextiva

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

Lack of support and quick response from their customer service team. these days I don't have time to wait for someone to call me back the next day on a ticket or even 2 hours from now. Times have changed and I don't think they realize this.

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Your support, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] quick response and willingness to explain everything over a quick screen share was enough for me to get started with this solutions. and Today, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] quick responses and answers were enough for me to know that I will stick around for a bit longer. :) Happy Customer today.
Katrina
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 8/2/2023

[sensitive content hidden] Saved my day

Great

Pros

Customer Support was patient, [sensitive content hidden] SAVED MY DAY. He was vey patient

Cons

some of the reporting are not showing but so far its good

Top CallHippo Alternatives

Prayaga

Reviewed on 3/2/2023

Good Beginners App

Good

Pros

Its extremely user friendly and allows easily to call internationally with a good internet connection

Cons

Call overlaps, Automatic shutting down many times, Selection does not work many times.

Carlos
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

Jinty

At the begining is frustrating that they share the FAQs witohut doing some proving questions, I know that it might save time on some scenarios but as Admins or Managers we already read all the faqs before asking for help so in this case didn´t save time, bur Jintu was super helpfull and was with me untill the problem was fixed!

Pros

Easy to use and the support team is very usefull if they don´t have a feature they built it for you and that is just great

Cons

Reporting could be easier to download, as well the desing is bad, as the UX, as well they should integrate de dialer on the dashboard and avoid having 2 taps open to monitor and work

Twilio

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 21/8/2022

Very good voip.

good customer service

Pros

I dont have mobile service at my location, so this allows me to have an australian mobile number and use it over starlink internet service.

Cons

the app is a bit clunky and the web app is too. cant make calls if i include the 0 in prefix in a number. eg +6104020 must be +614020

Milthon

Reviewed on 18/6/2018

Great tool for small business that want to look more professional

Friendly platfomr, intergration with my CRM and great price

Pros

I like the tool because it is easy to use, it allows me to be connected to my telephone exchange from the country or place that I am, which allows me to speak with my clients easily, safely and clearly.

Very good connection, audio quality and customer service

Cons

The technical support I feel that sometimes they do not know well what they are doing, they take a little time to give answers to the tickets and the transfer of calls stinks!

Bardan
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/3/2023

Pros

Customer Support team is very helpful in sorting out the issue. [sensitive content hidden] did everything that needs to be done to make it work. Thanks, [sensitive content hidden]

Cons

Balance is getting deducted from account even if the call is not forwarded to my mobile network.

Ankit
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 21/2/2023

Great

Its Good

Pros

CRM, Customer suport , Service of CS. Like [sensitive content hidden] they all are Perfect people who helped me alot

Cons

Not user friendly, Expensive, There should be no charge for atleast inbound or you guys can give fix minutes

Eloisa
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 10/2/2023

Rate/ Feedback for [sensitive content hidden]

Your Support assistant [sensitive content hidden] is very helpful. Thank you

Pros

It is very easy to use. thank you and your support agent is very helpful.

Cons

None so far. thank you so much for call hippo

Holly

Reviewed on 27/6/2019

Great basic outbound calling software, perfect for smaller companies

Overall I am quite satisfied with CallHippo. It has provided the functionality we needed and it was easy to set up and to train staff on.

Pros

Call Hippo doesn't require any downloading to your computer, you work from the website or you can download the app if you want to use your mobile. It has predictive dialler capabilities but also allows users to make one off calls via a keypad, that is a very handy feature. Ability to sign up month to month and add credit as you need is also useful when you are a smaller organisation or starting out with a new service and do not yet know your annual requirements.

Cons

The reporting capabilities are limited and quite basic. I would definitely like to be able to dig a bit deeper into some of the metrics but the program doesn't allow that and you need to do a bit of the work yourself once you have downloaded the excel spreadsheet. The reporting needs more filtering options and a bit more detail.

Aircall

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

CrazyCall doesn't have the ability to make individual calls. Although not the most efficient way to call multiple people, we needed this functionality as well and CrazyCall was unable to provide this.

Channels

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

It was a simple platform with an easy to understand pricing structure. I just wanted something basic with no hidden costs. CallHippo was the most transparent and simply explained.
Jeff

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

More than meets the eye...

Great integration with HubSpot, and the click-to-dial feature from within HubSpot has pretty much solved the issue of needing to shrink the dialpad.

Pros

The product is very easy to use - only took a few minutes to set everything up and I continue to find helpful features...the dashboard is similar to that of a full CRM and has quite a few stats and features for tracking call volume, etc.
The product has a great integration feature and once my dialer was fully integrated with HubSpot, it had a great effect on my overall productivity and cut down quite a bit on my time spent between calls...no need to go back and forth to the dialpad!

Cons

The only two features which require improvement are: 1. The voicemail setup requires me to create a recording using separate software, and then upload it to CH
2. It would be nice to be able to minimize the dialpad in order to hover over pages and see phone numbers which I am manually keying in without having to switch back and forth between the page i am reading and the dialpad 'page'...

Poonam

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Amazing customer support and call quality!

Overall a nice experience! like the features, clarity on dashboard(after your customer services helped me understand it better) and of course value for money!

Pros

That we always someone to reach out to, in case of a query! need to follow those long procedures to get to the customer service dept. Someone new like me, might have questions and queries in the initial phase! And I highly appreciate CallHippo customer service!

Cons

I would say you should come up with options where one can sign up, without having a GSuit account or with email IDs like Gmail.com, yahoo.com! As I believe an entrepreneur, or a freelancer, might not have access or availability of official email Id! Hence they are left with no choice than not to use your service!!

Selina

Reviewed on 8/5/2020

CallHippo is great!

Great! Customer support is immediate which is a huge plus in my book. And the software is user-friendly.

Pros

It's easy to use. This is my first time using software with advanced functionality. I was nervous, but the learning curve was not as steep as I thought it would be. I am slowly onboarding my team. One was able to get started right away with no experience using this platform

Cons

This has nothing to do with the software itself but I wish there were readily available training videos that I can provide my team.

Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

I needed a robust system for my sales and client support team.

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

It came highly recommended and the Call Recording function was included in my package.
Shirley
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Phone didn't work for most of the month. Don't bother with this one.

When your core service doesn't work, why am I even a customer.

Pros

Signing up and paying was super easy. That's about it - Everything else was horrible. Other VoIPs are so much more competent.

Cons

Phone number didn't work for most of the first month even though I did all the paperwork and even got a "good to go!" from customer service on the very first day. I requested cancellation and then was auto-charged for the second month anyway. Horrible customer service. Expect a ton of back and forth with incompetent, lying idiots.

Dialpad

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

I shouldn't have. Dialpad was 100% better. Should've noticed the red flags from these reviews!
Aaron
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Thank you so much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], phenomenal Customer Service!

Incredible rate, quality, customer support, everyone goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that their customers are well taken care of and it is something that is noticible from the very first moment you sign on with a customer service rep. As someone who works in I.T. and handles situations like these on a daily basis I can appreciate just how much work goes into the service they provide to their customers, and this speaks volumes. The time I spent with my customer service rep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] there were many moments where the conversation could have ended with my issue left unresolved, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was patient and strategically helped me find a solution to the issue I was having. Individuals like this are a HUGE asset to a company, and with individuals like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the team I have no doubt that the future is very bright for CallHippo.

Pros

Provides all the features that would need and then some. There are lots of services to choose from but no matter which service you choose having reliable customer service is critical to making it all work.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the robot voice for the voicemail technology could probably be upgraded. But they also allow you to upload your own pre-recorded audio file which works perfectly for me so it wasn't really an issue at all.

SHAHRAM

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Running it like a scam

Terrible. Scam artists in their sales and customer success teams.

Pros

Easy of deployment and average cost compared to others

Cons

After more than a year of using them and dealing with sporadic technical issues, finance let me know callhippo had made some significant charges to our credit cards used for monthly payments. We called them to see why. This is what they told us and I have them in email too as we pressed more: "We had made a mistake in your pricing a year ago and this is what we have to charge you now to make up for it!" Essentially that is their way of increasing the price on you. And then also had gone ahead and moved us from monthly plan to an annual plan without our permisson. I have an email from their sales team when we bought that our prices was x dollars and it would "never" change. When we asked them to reconcile these, the palyed games for 3 months and did not respond to repeated requests to give us an answer or refund. The support has been nothing short of scam! I am incredibly disappointed how they treat their long-term customers. Stay away from this product unless you are fine working with charalttans.

Ivy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Good investment

Exceptional!

Pros

It is super easy to navigate, no need to have deep training for newly onboarded employees. Good customer support, kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for always assisting us in terms of support.

Cons

None so far, they already resolved my raised issue before about the compatibility of browsers.

Sripathi

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Feedback

Pros

Integration with Hubspot, Reports, Overall the service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] the account manager for us is very cooperative and is available whenever we call him. I would like to give him 5/5 rating for his support.

Cons

Call drops, Call Quality Issue, connectivity issue.

Carlos
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

Great for my team!

I've had a great experience. The software is very easy to use and it covers all the basics functionality.

Pros

Being able to have different departments online at the same time. Also, the pricing is really good for what you get.

Cons

I just hope that internal transfers was part of the regular plan, seems something so basic for the service.

Google Voice

Price
Nancy
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 1/11/2022

New User, Happy So Far

I am able to record my calls now, and although I chose to purchase a new CRM along with it, I can also integrate and log those calls to clients accordingly. Overall, I'm happy with the system. I will specifically name two reps that helped me with my transition and navigation of the system, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Both were very patient with me and quick to respond to my inquiries. I even gave Vishali's email to a colleague and she helped him quickly, too. Customer service is very important, and I really like that I'm able to reach out to them directly if necessary.

Pros

My industry now requires calls to be recorded and retained for 10 years, so I had to find a program that would work but was also affordable. This seems like it will work very well for me, now and hopefully, in the future.

Cons

There are a lot of features that I do not use and I find it a little overwhelming when I open the page, but I'm still learning the system. I think the differences in the 2 call systems choices to purchase, Pro or Ultmate, could be explained a little better, especially pertaining to Call System, which I did not need. I almost purchased the wrong plan and only discovered it by accident because I asked a question.

Intulse

Price
Ian

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Customer service? Hahaha - you're kidding, right?

I hope they go under - the world doesn't need another crumby business.

Pros

None particularly. The app was a good idea but riddled with issues.

Cons

Lousy, lousy. LOUSY customer service. Over a day with a non-working phone number and no support. What a joke....

Response from CallHippo

Hi, we are trying to find you in our data tools to solve your concerns but could not find you. Can you please send us a mail at [email protected] with CC to [email protected]

Replied 10/5/2021
Devin

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Stay away and stick to an Australian carrie like Telstra or Optus.

the worst. we moved from call hippo to optus due to the poor service and constant fighting over billing which was never resolved.

optus required call hippo to port our number over which didn't happen for over 3 months until we threatened to go to the media. they extorted us for as much as possible and now are letting the public know how this company operates.

Pros

Nothing. these guys are cowboys and wont be sustainable if they dont look after their customers.

Cons

These guys call offering upgrades and increase in prices all the time but when you have a billing issue you can never get in touch with any one.

Response from CallHippo

Hi Devin, we are trying to find you in our data tools to solve your concerns but could not find you. Can you please send us a mail at [email protected] with CC to [email protected]

Replied 10/5/2021
Matthew
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 24/8/2020

Does everything I need

Overall it has been very positive. Call quality is fantastic, easy to setup and make changes as required. It does offer a lot of featers in the silver plan that would be additional addons with other companies which makes it a great choice.

Pros

I like how easy it is to setup. Hassle free activation, simple to add additional lines, employees etc. Has all the features anyone could want.

Cons

It is now a little expensive for me after covid the AUD dropped so conversions now make it more expensive than local companies unfortunately.

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Excellent Service

Excellent

Pros

The software is great but really its the service that makes the difference. We rely a lot of software but equally important is the service from real people in real time.

Cons

Nothing to think of at this time but thanks for asking