CallHippo Reviews

About CallHippo

CallHippo is a cloud-based call center solution that helps mid to large size businesses with workflow automation and virtual telephony. The platform enables users to give detailed analysis to customers through call recordings....

4.1

Browse CallHippo Reviews

Eric
Eric

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Great Customer Support by CallHippo Team | [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was helping me today and he ROCKS! Any time I have needed questions answered, the support team has been extremely helpful.

Pros

Once you learn to use it, it is very easy and robust. It does more than what we need it to do, and the price is great.

Cons

Our agency sets up many accounts for our clients. Sometimes the anti-fraud department flags our new accounts. Our clients pay their CallHippo bill directly so we have many accounts rather than just one.

Regardless, the new account openings are resolved quickly.

CallRail

Pricing and support

CallRail
Peter Ian
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 8/11/2023

Feedback

Whenever I have questions about the product, it's reassuring to know that the chat support team is consistently available. It feels as if they are accessible around the clock, 24/7.

Pros

I have the capability to record our conversation, and if needed, I can also invite Customer Support to join us in real-time via Zoom for immediate assistance.

Cons

I'm looking forward to the return of the monthly subscription option for purchasing a single line.

Reviewed on 28/3/2022

Worst Technical Experience Coupled with Customer Service that Goes in Circles

My overall experience has been terrible. Terrible customer support, its like the agents never have access to information in your system, they take you through the same trouble shooting time and time again and don't appear to realise how their own system works. I.e., they could not advise me that I should use forced call tagging if I cannot add call tags after a call as a way to overcome that problem. It sounds like a small thing but it is constant and leads to a very poor user experience.

Pros

Integrates with other features, good transcription of calls, high quality transcriptions.

Cons

Customer service was so TERRRIBLE, you go around and around in circles. They say they will cancel a feature then don't do it, then if you ask for a refund for the service you cancelled and they confirmed had been cancelled they will take you round in circles again. They

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

They stopped supporting outbound calls from Australia. They were great.

CallTrackingMetrics

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

It seemed a bit cheaper, but its not.

Response from CallHippo

Hi,

Really sorry for your experience. As we cannot see your details, (the review being anonymous), and we are not able to reach out to you to get it sorted.

If you can send us an email at [email protected] with reference to this review we will get your complain escalated internally and try correct the experience you had with us.

Replied 4/4/2022

Top CallHippo Alternatives

Esitere
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 18/3/2024

Callhippo

Good experience in general. The calls are loud and clear despite the bad internet connection.

Pros

It's easy to use and self explanatory. It's really affordable. Inbound calls are smooth and do not bounce back

Cons

I can't send messages and sometimes switching to another number can take time

Nilesh

Reviewed on 2/2/2024

First time customer - Great experience

It has been great to be honest. I have tried this for the first time. I have used softwares such as Vonage and ringcentral in the past which were also good. But callhippo's support function just wowed me. I mean they are always available to answer questions and solve issues in a heartbeat.

Pros

The ease of set up, the quality of calls, recordings to go back and monitor what's working and what's not. Best part is the support function - Always available and solves issues in a heartbeat.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Although would like a discount🤑

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Better fit for our business considering the number of users, functionalities required etc.
Somesh
Somesh

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

READ & ASK Before Make a Purchase of the Service

- Try Skype for Business with call number their support is brilliant.

Pros

- You can get a different service with better support 'skype for business'.

Cons

- Discuss your Use Case with the support team before making the purchase.
- Support doesn't even understand your use case properly due to lack of knowledge.
- They will try to sell you the product no matter what so, please get all the response over email as proof of refund.
- You don't receive SMS for verification. So, the service doesn't work.
- You don't receive calls for verification from Google Voices, Gmail, Google Adwords, Upwork.
- Again make sure ask before you make the final purchase because they don't wanna refund wanna your money
- Also, their automation mailer will disturb you even if you are on a call with them.

Response from CallHippo

Hi Somesh, we are trying to find you in our data tools to solve your concerns but could not find you. Can you please send us a mail at [email protected] with CC to [email protected]

Replied 10/5/2021
Bilal

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

One of the best Dialer

Overall its a wonderful experience having call hippo as a primary dialer for a call center but still you guys need to work on after sales services.

Pros

Call Hippo provides the best prices in VoIP

Cons

Customer service is too slow, Like they reply so late

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

Aircall customer was so bad, that they don't reply you in a weeks

Shajeeth
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 5/12/2023

Excellent customer Support

Pros

What stood out most about CallHippo VOIP was its user-friendly interface, providing seamless call management. The extensive feature set, including call recording and analytics, enhanced communication efficiency. The affordability, scalability, and responsive customer support further solidified CallHippo as our preferred VOIP solution

Cons

I couldn't find anything negative about the system

8x8 Work

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

CallHippo stood out among alternatives due to its intuitive interface, robust features like call recording and analytics, competitive pricing, and responsive customer support. The seamless integration with our workflow and scalability made it the ideal choice for our communication needs.
Ian

Reviewed on 10/2/2024

Callhippo is very easy to use and has a good quality for inbound and outbound calls.

I am happy I chose CallHippo. I never encountered any problems using it.

Pros

The quality of the phone system and it is very easy to use. It is very user-friendly.

Cons

It is still not complete. I hope they add more features that would be functional to most companies.

Hadar
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/4/2024

First day of use in the CallHippo

This is a good platform overall, easy to use and easy to set up and ARPITA was very helpful

Pros

It is very easy to see messages in a phone-like presentation

Cons

The pricing system is very confusing, I had to reach out to your support for this matter, and my suggestion is to create a pricing simulator for this matter.

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Customer Service Excellence

Their sales team was very effective and ALL of their support infrastructure is incredibly responsive. I always have direct and swift access to a LIVE person by messenger directly on their website who respond within seconds. Chat logs remain if you're using the same browser for continuity, and the customer service representatives treat you as if they truly value your business. They are very courteous, professional, and work hard to alleviate issues. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were amongst the most professional and accommodating group of support representatives I've worked with.

Pros

The software is feature rich with a PC app, phone app, dual channel switch options for improved network connectivity, address book, SMS, and many switchboard options.

Cons

The quality of the product is less than expected; calls are dropped, SMS texting isn't always able to send, and the PC app is very buggy.

Poonam

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Amazing customer support and call quality!

Overall a nice experience! like the features, clarity on dashboard(after your customer services helped me understand it better) and of course value for money!

Pros

That we always someone to reach out to, in case of a query! need to follow those long procedures to get to the customer service dept. Someone new like me, might have questions and queries in the initial phase! And I highly appreciate CallHippo customer service!

Cons

I would say you should come up with options where one can sign up, without having a GSuit account or with email IDs like Gmail.com, yahoo.com! As I believe an entrepreneur, or a freelancer, might not have access or availability of official email Id! Hence they are left with no choice than not to use your service!!

Brent
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Great

Pros

I would like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for helping me during the set up phase.

Both very helpful people.

Cons

Nothing yet. It's too early to say what the cons are.

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

Because Twilio are making it too hard to set up a new number for my clients.

Selina

Reviewed on 8/5/2020

CallHippo is great!

Great! Customer support is immediate which is a huge plus in my book. And the software is user-friendly.

Pros

It's easy to use. This is my first time using software with advanced functionality. I was nervous, but the learning curve was not as steep as I thought it would be. I am slowly onboarding my team. One was able to get started right away with no experience using this platform

Cons

This has nothing to do with the software itself but I wish there were readily available training videos that I can provide my team.

Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

I needed a robust system for my sales and client support team.

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

It came highly recommended and the Call Recording function was included in my package.
Shirley
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Phone didn't work for most of the month. Don't bother with this one.

When your core service doesn't work, why am I even a customer.

Pros

Signing up and paying was super easy. That's about it - Everything else was horrible. Other VoIPs are so much more competent.

Cons

Phone number didn't work for most of the first month even though I did all the paperwork and even got a "good to go!" from customer service on the very first day. I requested cancellation and then was auto-charged for the second month anyway. Horrible customer service. Expect a ton of back and forth with incompetent, lying idiots.

Dialpad

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

I shouldn't have. Dialpad was 100% better. Should've noticed the red flags from these reviews!
Carlos
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

Jinty

At the begining is frustrating that they share the FAQs witohut doing some proving questions, I know that it might save time on some scenarios but as Admins or Managers we already read all the faqs before asking for help so in this case didn´t save time, bur Jintu was super helpfull and was with me untill the problem was fixed!

Pros

Easy to use and the support team is very usefull if they don´t have a feature they built it for you and that is just great

Cons

Reporting could be easier to download, as well the desing is bad, as the UX, as well they should integrate de dialer on the dashboard and avoid having 2 taps open to monitor and work

Price and expecting more features

Toky

Price and expecting more features
Ivy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Good investment

Exceptional!

Pros

It is super easy to navigate, no need to have deep training for newly onboarded employees. Good customer support, kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for always assisting us in terms of support.

Cons

None so far, they already resolved my raised issue before about the compatibility of browsers.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

Cautiously Optimistic

Cautiously Optimistic!

Pros

After an initial poor experience with one of the support staff the
manager stepped in. Kudos to following through on numerous awkward
first starts. Despite one after another issues that came up they
finally persevered and I have a functional product to try out for the
next year. We will see how the relationship goes after I've had some
time to use.

Cons

Some of the functionality is clear other parts are not so. The company
could do themselves a favor by clearly documenting the capabilities AND
LIMITATIONS so that the prospective customer knows what they are. The
company could also do themselves a favor by reviewing their website and
removing obvious typographical, grammatical and outright silliness from
their website (i.e, there is no Boston County in California). The lack
of paying attention to detail in the web pages was evident in similar
problems that occurred getting the software to work. I feel like I was
the first customer that ever used the product from South Africa.

Response from CallHippo

Hi David, we are happy that you are staying with us. Now that you understand that South Africa local number requires local address proof to activate. There are certain guidelines set by the carriers with respect to virtual phone numbers activation and we have to abide by those to avoid any abuse. We don¿t need any personal information nor, we bill our customers for unused services. We are a legitimately registered US company. We would appreciate if you can re-evaluate the feedback.

Replied 7/12/2018
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 2/6/2017

Perfect phone assistant for small businesses

When you're running a small business, your biggest problem is to divide tasks and to manage calls coming to a single line. The situation here was going out of control, and we had no idea whom to call, or whom to assign a call. CallHippo just fit in the gap and solved all of our problems at once. We set it up in few hours, and it has been making us happy ever since.

The line will not always be perfect, and there can be few dropped calls from time to time, but I really think you shouldn't worry about it as you have the perfect customer service on hand to help you deal with the issue. They're pretty quick to fix your problem, even if you're using the lowest plan or you're a new user.

Pros

There is absolutely no confusion concerning the price, you get the set and the features you paid for. In fact, they are pretty straightforward in every sense, providing awesome service whenever necessary. I use it to set availability and to keep track of who has been called, and my favorite thing about it is that I'm not paying per user. It has been a faithful assistant for 6 months now, and the experience is nothing but wonderful.

kasra
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Great product, can't say the same about customer service

Well, as I mentioned, the product was great, but customer service was not. We used the product for 6-8 months within the first year. Afterward, our business closed, and we had no further use. We had paid upfront for a year; we didn't bother asking for a refund for the remaining months.

Comes [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we get an email that our subscription has been renewed (on a Sunday) again for an entire amount of $1440. 2 minutes after the email came through, we replied, letting them know of the situation and if they can please cancel and issue a refund.

So far, they have denied the refund and offered a 50% refund instead. This is certainly wrong, in my opinion, given the circumstances. Due to callhippos predatory practice, we won't be returning in the future; sad to say this as the software was good. However, given our experience, we rather not risk potential sour encounters in the future.

Pros

The software itself was actually great, we used it for 6-8 months, and it did very well.

Cons

They did have some bugs, not show-stoppers, but they were annoying. It took a decent amount of time to get them sorted out, which I think is in some ways normal for any start-up. They did, however, fix it.

Ece
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 18/5/2023

Super Supportive Customer Service and Easy Integrations!

Pros

easy panel management, fast customer support, integration options.

Cons

Prompt and effective customer support is crucial for any service provider. Users often consider the responsiveness and helpfulness of the CallHippo support team when assessing the overall experience.Users may assess the app based on the range of features it offers and whether they align with their business requirements. This includes call management features, integration capabilities with other tools, ease of use, and customization options.

Margots
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

Charges your card randomly

Not good, not recommended

Pros

It works enough to get by but nothing special

Cons

Billing and customer service is horrible. They just charge your card randomly for whatever amount the choose. When pointed out about an error it is supposedly fixed for couple months before surfacing again later stating "are missed to collect by system error"

Customer service is incompetent. They try to brand as US company but they are all Indians with that mentality of BS

I would wast time and your energy with these guys....just headache

Response from CallHippo

Hi Margots,
Really apologize for the inconvenience
Can you please send us a mail at to [email protected] and cc to [email protected], we will look into your concern to resolve the issue.

Replied 14/6/2021
Francisco

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

Great customer service

Overall we have a good experience with CallHippo. The customer support is efficient and quick.

Pros

I simply use Call Hippo for a small e-commerce operation and it does the job perfectly. It is simple to use, affordable and a great way to have a phone number on our ecommerce store that is always ready to receive calls and take voicemail. If anything comes up, their customer support is very quick to respond and also very helpful and troubleshooting the problem (thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT]).

Cons

Since I don't use it everyday I have not deep dived into all the features of the technology, so I have an elementary understanding of it. The flaw I can name is that I unexpectedly stopped being notified by email of a few phone calls the number was receiving. However, with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT], the problem was fixed quickly.

Santosh

Reviewed on 19/10/2023

The best cloud calling solution software

Pros

The ease of use with this is beyond exceptional. The kind of support and the TAT is something to talk about. The best software we have invested in.

Cons

There is actually nothing that we do not like about the CallHippo.

Venkatesh

Reviewed on 7/10/2023

Review on CH

Excellent applications for every business need.

Pros

User-friendly application. More accurate & quality of voice.

Cons

Easy to use and has a greater number of features as well. It fulfills all business needs accurately.