Notion Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Notion

Notion is a digital workspace that lets small to large businesses streamline and manage notes, tasks, projects, records, calendar and more. Key features include portfolio tracker, designer templates, database management,...

Browse Notion Reviews

2,153 of 2,154 reviews
Cagri
Cagri
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 7/7/2023

Managed the Transitioning to Notion and It Improved Our Productivity

Notion helped us centralize project management, documentation, and knowledge base into a single place. Now we have a strong way of doing things and documenting the knowledge across teams.

Pros

Customizable databases and different views make it pretty easy to manage resources and documents. The new "projects" feature was something I had been looking forward to for months, and finally, we have it.

Cons

Some team members find it a bit difficult to start with. Getting the whole team to adapt using Notion took a while.

Confluence and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion already had project management features. We moved all the projects from Asana to Notion and ended our Asana subscription.

Asana

Intuitive User Interface and customizable features

Reviewed on 22/3/2024

Notion is my new default workspace

Pros

I like that notion has all the pros of a spreadsheet plus all the pros of a word doc. It can be simple or flexible. It's clean, easy to read, and doesn't waste a lot of user time on formatting when content is king.

Cons

The spreadsheet formulas are clunkier than excel/sheets, but everything else is superior.

Asana
Christopher
Christopher
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 26/4/2023

Possibly the most popular knowledge management tool, but privacy concerns

Notion is quite powerful and very popular tool. But perhaps one can easily get too lost in configuring and templating their spaces instead of just using the core function of documentation. I'm no longer using it because of privacy issues.

Pros

One of the strengths of Notion is its flexibility. Users can create databases, tables, and lists with ease, and customize them with different views, filters, and sorting options. The platform also allows for rich media embedding, so users can add images, videos, and files to their notes and pages. It has a very generous education discount for both students and teachers.

Cons

While Notion is highly customizable, this can also be a weakness for some users. The platform's flexibility means that users need to spend a considerable amount of time setting up and configuring their workspace to meet their needs, which can be time-consuming and distracting.There are also privacy concerns. I remember a few reddit threads where users requested for support and they were surprised how easy it was for them to access their workspace after giving verbal/textual permission.Performance is also an issue. Complex or large workspaces can be extremely slow.

Obsidian, Nuclino and Slite

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion was the most popular and quite possibly has the most features. But I'm no longer using it because of privacy concerns.

Top Notion Alternatives

Bob

Reviewed on 1/2/2024

The Most Flexible and Delightful Tool I Ever Found

I love Notion. Period. It's the beating heart of my business.

Pros

It's like a lego set. You can can build anything you need. You can get everything out of your head and into a completely custom system. You can start simple and build as you learn. From day one as a note taking app. Day two for tasks and before you know if you've build a full blown business management suite.

Cons

My only downside is that any system can fall into chaos. As a creative I can go overboard and build too much complexity. Take it from Bob - stay simple. You'll thank me. Just because you can build anything does not mean you should.

Stefania

Reviewed on 9/2/2024

The more versatile tool for your needs

As I said before, I would recommend Notion to everyone, whether you are running a business or you just want to be more organized, Notion is the tool you're looking for. It's complete and you can do pretty much everything that you need to organize your life or your business

Pros

The best thing about Notion is that you can customize pretty much everything, you can have a minimal planner or use a lot of images in your workspace. You can easy set up different databases to track whatever you want, like tasks, projects or goals. Lately they also released the Calendar App which is super cool because you can see all of your events that you create in Notion but it also synchronizes with you Google Calendar so you have everything is one place.

Cons

Sometimes I find it difficult to use more complex tools, like the "formula" property in databases. That's because the functions aren't really explained in the App, you have to search them on Google and find some guide but 'till now I always found everything I needed. I would like it to be a little bit more direct. maybe with little descriptions in-app.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 19/2/2024

A perfect fit if you're willing to learn.

Pros

Notion is a sandbox in the project management department. It can fit perfectly into any workflow and makes it incredibly easy share this in and outside of your team. If you're team is looking for a quick solution, Notion is always a fit.

Cons

The Text Editor, when compared to more mature software like Google Docs, still lags behind a bit. I would characterize Notion more as a place where content ends up, rather than where it is initially written down.

monday.com and Asana
Ashley
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 5/2/2024

Organized? No? Get Notion!

Overall Notion is a great app for getting organized and storing your files. However, if you are wanting to share it this might not be the best app for sharing. I really used the recipe tab a lot while doing whole30 and it was great that I could put in the link to the recipe and everything else I wanted from it, even the picture. Using the free version just for yourself is definitely the way to go for getting organized.

Pros

Notion is a great platform that is cloud base and can be accessed from anywhere! Your phone, computer, ipad, it is on the go with you. If you are a person that struggles with organization or just love to be organized this app is for you! It comes with preloaded templates to help you get started if you are sure what information you want to put in it. The templates are also customizable. This is my favorite feature as it is nice to have a base to start with but then change it to give me all the information that I want to see.

Cons

This is not the most user friendly app if you are not good with technology. It takes some time to get used to and how to navigate it. Building new templates also took me a little bit to figure out. I found it was easier to modify a current template than starting again. Also, I don't like the way the way the free account is set up and I looked at upgrading because of this but decided not to due to price. I tried to add a user under me to see what I was adding as I wanted it to be a shared "House" folder. Once they were signed up they could see the folder but nothing in it. Making the comment section of it pointless if I am the only one to comment on it. After finding this out I tried to upgrade thinking this is the problem. However, for me to upgrade it would have been about $100 for the year, but since I had my husband on there to see the folder it was charging me 2 subscription fees making it $200! That is not worth it in my book for how we are using it as a family.

• Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/3/2024

Powerful Organization Tool

Notion is a very powerful tool that offers a lot for someone who needs help with organizing life/work. It's very modern and responsive for anyone who's looking into trying a new alternative to the usual and boring task/project management tools.

Pros

I enjoyed the multiplicity ofoptions and how much you can customize Notion to your needs. It's very powerful with lot of options and possibilities, with automation and nice looking layout(s).

Cons

With great power comes a bit of overwhelming. Notion offers so many options and possibilities that it can be overwhelming at first. First time users might be a bit intimidated or hit by the blank page syndrome before being able to find the proper balance that fits their needs.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Notion is the best project management app for all the organizers out there!

Pros

The way it has multiple views of the same page is very helpful.

Cons

It could provide more templates for free

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 5/2/2024

A useful tool

Overall, this is an application that I use daily and I'm happy to have found something that actually works for me.

Pros

I like how this app simplifies the multitude of tasks that I have going on each day. I tend to get overwhelmed when I try to manage all the clients I'm supporting without this app. This app has helped me become more efficient.

Cons

There are many features and I still do not entirely understand each one.

Megan
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/4/2020

Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything

I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros

You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons

There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

Milanote and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Because it was cheaper and there is other things I can do using Notion that evernote doesn't offer, evernote is more to save webpages and make notes for me but Notion has a range of other features.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Because it has so many options and templates. I like the layout. I still use some of the other tools but I don't really need to when I have notion.
Sven

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Allrounder

All in all, Notion is top of the game when it comes to customization. No longer do you have to take an off-the-shelf software and adapt to it. With Notion, everything adapts to your needs and stays always customizable. A must for any user looking for freedom and structure at the same time when it comes to organizing your thoughts, life, project and products.

Pros

There‘s not much Notion can‘t seem to do. You can easily adjust it entirely to your liking - however, there is a pretty steep learning curve. Once you got it, though, the sky is your limit. Create as many pages as you‘d like, nest them within each other, shake up your hierarchy and even link databases onto other sites. The creative freedom concerning the hierarchy of your pages is phenomenal.

Cons

Lots of time spent getting to know Notion‘s myriad of options which results in a lot of studying early on and in a pretty steep learning curve. Luckily, there are tons of useful resources and learning videos including templates you can use and customize to your liking.
I really wish it had a better stylus/pen integration for quick and easy hand-written notes.

GoodNotes, Evernote Teams and Notability

Reasons for Choosing Notion

OneNote - especially the Class Notebook - is great for teaching when you want to provide a clear set of hierarchy to your team or students. But using it for my personal organisation just never worked for me. It was too rigid with its narrow Section Group > Section > Page > Sub-page limitation. With Notion, I can simply nest as many pages within each other as I please - which is a game changer for me.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Because it‘s cross-platform and unbelievably flexible.
Alberto Nahum

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

A tool so versatile that it will adapt to your needs

Since I discovered Notion almost two years ago, it has become an essential tool for me. As it integrates such a vast number of options, I can use it to take notes, draft articles, brainstorm new ideas, plan each course week, and keep track of expenses... My workflow has improved because it allows me to have very different aspects of my work within the same environment. I don't need to switch from one app to another because Notion includes several I usually use.

Pros

My favorite thing from Notion has to do with its flexibility. I use it mainly to draft essays, blog posts, and articles. It's easier for me than any word processing software because Notion allows me --beyond being a multiplatform app-- to reorganize both my text and my files very smoothly. The heaps of templates available are also a great deal. For example, I use one template weekly to keep track of certain incomes and spending. I have also used templates to plan my classes for one semester or sketch a future book's ideas. I also use it as a note-taking app for every meeting.

Cons

I am pretty happy about it, and I have not used several features that look interesting. The only real problem I have had so far is its dependency upon connection. There is no offline mode. So, eight or ten months ago Notion system was down, and I could not access my drafts for half a day.

Dennis

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

A vital tool

The initial learning curve* is sooooooo worth it; I now manage just about everything through Notion. For me, it's the '2nd brain' that the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
bang on about (and with good reason) - I'm more organised, more productive and less stressed.

*Only to use it more extensively; if you just want an Evernote or OneNote alternative, it's as easy as they are)

Pros

Enables me to record, note and plan things in whatever way works best at the time, and then find it again, instantly!

Cons

As a new user, it takes a little planning to maximise some of its benefits; I needed to rethink the structure behind many things that had previously existed purely as notes.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

The database structure of Notion meant I could stop having to record the same things in multiple places.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

More comprehensive and more flexible in other products we could link it to.
Layne

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Great tool for a company wiki (policies and procedures documentation, meeting notes, etc.)

I use Notion as a company wiki to share documentation, instructions, policies and procedures with everyone on my 52-person globally distributed team. It's where new team members go to find and work through their orientation checklists. It's where admins go to work through their onboarding checklists when a new person joins the team. And it's where every team member goes every day to read the extensive instruction manuals they use to do their jobs. It's very easy to create and share beautiful and clear content with Notion.

Pros

I love how easy to use it is for content creators and readers alike. You can integrate all kinds of things: images, videos, html, databases, simple tables, etc. There are also lots of different types of heading (three sizes, with or without drop-down toggles to collapse them), which means the documents in our company wiki are very easy to navigate. I love using synced blocks when a rule or procedure is mentioned in more than one place—if you update one block, all of the others sync too so your documentation won't accidentally go out of date.

Cons

I had to try really hard to think of one, honestly! I guess I wish there was an easy-to-find user management page. The only way I know how to manage permissions is to use the small window that pops up when you click "Share" in the upper right hand corner of any Notion page. It takes fair amount of scrolling or a fair number of clicks to find someone on my 50+ person team and change or remove their permissions when I need to.

Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion

My last company used Confluence instead of Notion. I like Notion better!

Confluence

Reasons for Switching to Notion

My COO chose it because it has a lot of traction with other teams we respect.
Ngha
Ngha

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

My second brain, Now I can remember all I learn thanks to notion

The program known as Notion has a very high degree of adaptability. Because of their databases, which allow for a variety of displays, including calendar, Kanban, table, and list formats. It was quite easy to understand and enjoyable to use, in my opinion. It is entirely comprehensible to me how this might take the place of something like Google Docs and serve as a hub for your team. The very thought of it is astounding. My life is going to be lot simpler from now on. If only I had this concept while I was in school, I would be an encyclopedia right now.

Pros

The way notion links up and create connections between your knowledge is spectacular, you would think you are using a relational database management software. It is easily customization and also has powerful functions that you can use to extend its capability. Notion has a great community who have developed templates for almost anything conceivable and most of these templates are for free.
Another thing is the seamless integration with the mobile app, its like you are actually working on the same device

Cons

Notion has limited fonts and styling. The most painful part of notion is the inability to set recurrent tasks in notion, it is a pain, you have to buy addons to be able to achieve this

Hasan

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

versatile and powerful tool to help you organize your docs, and manage your tasks

I find it to be a very versatile and powerful tool that has greatly improved my ability to organize and manage my work. The clean interface, availability on multiple platforms, and the variety of integrations with other tools and services make it a pleasure to use.In many ways, I consider it to be the new Google Drive, but with more flexibility and customization options. I would definitely recommend Notion to anyone looking for a better way to organize and manage their work.

Pros

It is highly customizable and can be used for a wide range of purposes, including project management, note taking, and task tracking. I also like it because it's easy to use and has a clean and intuitive interface. Additionally, it is available on the web, mobile and desktop.

Cons

I found it hard to use Notion on iPads and with Apple Pencils. While it's very intuitive on laptop, it's doesn't feel the same on an iPad when using a pencil.

Sekharendu

Reviewed on 23/3/2023

Amazing! Simplified Database Management

Exceptional. Life Saving. Notion actually helped me organise all my research and workflow integrated.

Pros

Simple interface with database backend, makes it customisable to be used for any form of management.So useful to have web based interface and database table structure, with customisable frontend database display, with link to share, with templates to duplicate all in one.

Cons

Formatting text has limitation, cannot increase or decrease font sizes in the body.Also cannot customise the heading/subheading etc.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Microsoft OneNote also does similar stuff, helping to organise notes etc and Evernote as well has advanced formatting as well.But ease of database in the backend, makes me choose Notion to the rest.

Microsoft OneNote and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Onenote doesn't have any excel integration, like for search, filter etc
Anastasia

Reviewed on 25/9/2023

Notion - best tool for keeping track of things in your work and personal life

As a scrum master, I use Notion for backlog refinement and project management - it's always open on one of my screens. We customised it to our needs and manage multiple teamspaces with their own projects and tasks within one platform. I also use Notion in my personal projects and casual note-taking and can't imagine my life without it.

Pros

I like the versatility and flexibility of Notion. It can be customised endlessly to create a workspace that works best for you. We were able to create a perfect system for task and project that suits our needs. I also like that I can add tasks and different resources to my Favourites, and they appear in the sidebar, so I'm able to easily fetch what I need. It's also easy to track any changes and comments in the Updates tab, so you don't miss if someone left a comment or assigned something to you. Another small but fantastic feature is being able to insert code and choose the formatting for it. We're a software-heavy company, so storing and sharing pieces of code is essential.

Cons

It's hard to find points that I don't like, but perhaps the different views and layouts could be made more intuitive. Sometimes it can take a while to figure out the best way to organise data.

Serge
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 9/11/2023

Notion help organise chaos

My overall experience with Notion has been transformative. It's a digital Swiss Army knife for task management—complex yet precise, and endlessly adaptable. Once past the initial learning phase, it feels like an extension of one's cognitive process, neatly organizing thoughts, tasks, and projects. Despite some minor drawbacks, Notion has been a cornerstone tool for personal organization and team collaboration.

Pros

What I liked most about Notion is its unparalleled customization capabilities. It empowers you to build a personal or professional workspace tailored precisely to your needs. The blend of databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars, and reminders all in one cohesive interface streamlines task management and promotes productivity. The collaborative features and real-time updates enhance team synergy, making it an invaluable tool for collective project management.

Cons

What I liked least about Notion can be its steep learning curve for new users. The very flexibility that makes it powerful can also be overwhelming at first, and it may take time to fully leverage its capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

The flexibility of Notion has been a game-changer. Unlike Evernote Teams, Notion's modular approach allows me to create a tailored workspace that adapts to our team's evolving needs. The ability to integrate databases, task management, and documentation in one platform, with granular control over permissions and views, has simplified our workflows significantly. Moreover, the price point of Notion, offering a robust free tier and competitively priced paid plans, provides excellent value.
Eshaan

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Best Life OS there is

It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well.
I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion.
Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

Dropbox Paper
Ziad
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

"Notion makes the transition from unpolished notes to polished documents quick and efficient!"

Overall and crucially, Notion makes it simple for team members who identify as "non-technical" to participate from various departments. It hasn't caused a stir way other "unintuitive" gadgets with a steep learning curve have.The backup option is comforting; it's not something you consider before you sign up, but you'll need it later if your data is even tangentially important to you.Support has typically been quite beneficial to me and my numerous questions throughout the years. Sometimes they'll confuse things by requesting extra information on a simple, obvious issue, but I know they're only doing it to find out more. Right, it's better to err on the side of overcommunication:

Pros

I was introduced to Notion by a coworker, and ever since I edited that tiny seedling of a first page, I've used it frequently, grown, and even produced the literary equivalent of several novels in it. It has combined aspects I've used in other programmes and improved on them greatly.In the past, I used to become annoyed at how badly my formatting was messed up by Google Docs, Zendesk, and other services. I could essentially clear up the debris by copying and pasting it into Notion. Additionally, a page supports live editing, thus there is no separate "publish" phase! (If necessary, you can always perform a "staging/test" on a different page.) Additionally, it's very simple to target shares or make pages public.Project management for task tracking (through card columns), thorough user documentation (and the process of translating it from internal external consumption), and concept presentation are some of the business uses of Notion that I have. At home, my wife and I also used it to draught and revise our wedding vows, document items in need of repair, and other things. In other words, there were moments when I was interacting with another tool before going — "Why, Notion is capable of that already! Use Notion only!" Keeping track of my musical productions with Notion is one of my favourite uses. I serialize them with annotations so I can see what's almost finished, what has to be delivered, and what I might just be messing about with.

Cons

I wish we could add more bespoke styling. I'm not talking insane custom colours, but solid background colours and text with precise RGB values would make a huge impact with matching branding. Though having everything integrated seems really basic, I am aware that there are third-party applications that seek to cover these demands and things like custom domain names.Additionally, as of my most recent check, there was no way to view the original IFRAMES code, which seems incredibly cumbersome because it requires me to store that code elsewhere (perhaps in a separate Notion page) or risk it being obscured. Anyone using widgets with special embed parameters, such as those from Bandcamp and SoundCloud, should be aware of this.But overall, Notion has been fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

The All-in-One Tool for Organizing and Managing Your Work and Life

Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and versatile tool that can help users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. Its flexibility, collaboration features, and wide range of integrations make it a great choice for anyone looking to increase productivity and get a better handle on their information.

Pros

Notion is a versatile and powerful productivity tool that allows users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. It offers a wide range of features, including notes, tasks, wikis, and databases, that can be combined and customized to suit each user's specific needs.One of the key benefits of using Notion is its flexibility. It allows users to create custom pages, databases, and templates that can be used to organize and manage various types of information, such as notes, tasks, projects, and even personal information like finances. The wide range of features and ability to customize the layout to your needs make it a great tool for both personal and professional use.Another benefit of Notion is its collaboration features. It allows multiple users to access and edit the same page and database, making it easy for teams to work together on projects and shared information. Additionally, it has a feature called "Share" which lets user share a read-only version of pages or databases with people outside of your organization.Notion also integrates with a wide range of other apps and services, such as Google Drive, Trello, Slack, and Evernote, that allows to import and export data seamlessly. It also has a feature called "Integration" which can connect to other apps to bring data into Notion, such as fetching data from a website, or a RSS feed, or even taking screenshots.

Cons

Nothing as of now as it has helped with so many easy features to use.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/5/2023

My virtual diary of three years

I first started using Notion about seven months into the COVID pandemic. During that time, I could not express my thoughts comfortably to others, let alone feel heard by them, whether it be my family, friends, or even strangers in y virtual communities. Notion became my private space (albeit maybe FBI agents are reading this right now or they have read my entries within the past few years, but it's whatever, tbh) -- the point is, Notion was a space for me to express my thoughts without judgment from anyone. I could type out all my ideas freely, organize them, and it became my therapy. It helped me a lot with self-reflection and awareness -- it was healing. It became a part of pretty much a daily routine for me. With the AI feature, I feel that Notion has become even more therapeutic because of its ability to elaborate on my present and past journal entries. Sometimes Notion AI will summarize my entries for me in the third person and add a little positive spin or a resolution to a thought that I never came to on my own before, and it can sometimes be mind-blowing. Using AI to create stories, songs, poems, etc., from the context of my journal entries is also really fun. Notion AI is able to create art from my experiences without me doing too much. I've enjoyed Notion overall, and it has been a perfect space for me to stimulate and execute my thought process and independent self-expression. I also utilized Notion to help me stay organized in university, and now beyond.

Pros

I love Notion's organizational features that make it easy to sort out my ideas in a way that makes sense visually, e.g., drag-able blocks, toggle blocks, different heading styles, font colors, different table views for dated journal entries, etc. Adding onto that - since I've been using Notion to journal my thoughts for the past three years, I've enjoyed utilizing the search feature to compare my personal journal entries across those years. Pinpointing the exact life phases that I was in precisely 365 days ago and 730 days ago makes me feel like I'm mentally time-traveling.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would strongly dislike. I have not had any significant problems with Notion, although sometimes, on the mobile app, it would take a while for my entries to load because I have so many. Another thing I've run into within the mobile app is that when searching for specific keywords in entries within particular timeframes, I cannot go back and view a result upon viewing a different result. My place in the results gets lost, but all I have to do is scroll or re-apply my filters/timeframe/re-enter the keywords I had. Again, it's not a huge issue, and usually, my alternative is to utilize the search feature on the browser instead. Aside from that, I hope that someday the AI feature will become more commonly used and integrated within Notion's free components. I guess another thing lastly that I know many others have wanted is offline accessibility for Notion, although I'm rarely in a situation that calls for it. If I am, my alternative to that is just typing in my generic notes app, and copying and pasting it into Notion later on.

Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 14/7/2023

All-in-one

Fantastic experience overall and has made many of our business processes much leaner.

Pros

Notion can be used in almost any way you want. It's a note-taking, project-planning, task completing superstar and should probably be part of your software stack. We run most of our company through Notion and have no intention of moving to anything else for the foreseeable future.

Cons

It takes a short while to get up to speed with what Notion can do and that can be tricky for new starters.

Trello, Basecamp, Wrike and Asana