About Salesforce Essentials

SalesforceIQ is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution suitable for small to medium-sized businesses across a variety of industries. Key features include sales automation and a customer interaction...

3.9
4.1
3.9

Browse Salesforce Essentials Reviews

Jason

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

Great helpdesk and customer communication option

Pros

Way better option for customer support than just a basic email account. Really nice options for setting up a support site

Cons

Really poor live chat option. No customer website traffic integration. This ultimately caused our move to Intercom

Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

Just right for small business

Being a small business we need a CRM that won't break the bank. We need to keep every customer we have, so the customer experience is paramount. We need to get as much information out of every sale and customer interaction as we can, and we need to accelerate sales. Salesforce essentials has done all of this for us.
There are things that I would improve.

Pros

Salesforce Essentials is more affordable than standard Salesforce and still has what I need in a CRM. I get work done faster, sell faster, and make our customer experience amazing. I set up a customized self service portal and set particular concerns or questions to be sent to a specific person. This means that if for example a customer asks if a garmet can be altered, they're directed to our seamstress instead of directed to me and then transfered to our seamstress.
Salesforce essentials records and tracks my calls and emails meaning I no longer have to. I have gained more information about leads, where they come from and why they choose us.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to find the data I'm looking for. It's not easy to find or get invoices. Customer care wasn't very helpful although I did try to make contact during a very busy time of day. I was still disappointed..
This is the essentials version of Salesforce so obviously the features aren't as robust.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Essentials

Salesforce was actually recommended by a customer who was also a small business owner. She showed me her Salesforce setup and immediately wanted to switch. After browsing plans I decided the essentials version was right for us!

Vtiger CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Essentials

I already had my mind set on Salesforce essentials but I wanted to compare it with other options. Salesforce essentials had the right ratio of features and price.
Chance

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Do Not Assume Anything

The best advice that I can give to a company considering purchasing Salesforce's Desk.com is to document every single expectation and need regarding a CRM tool. Do not assume any functionality exists, regardless of how simple and standard that functionality may seem. There are definitely features and functionalities that the average person might expect any modern system to offer which it does not.

Examples:
List Views - Cannot sort by most fields, cannot add custom fields to list views, and cannot modify the number of records per page
Reporting - Cannot modify fields displayed in a report, cannot edit criteria for metrics, and cannot include custom fields in reports aside from picklists, and cannot export more than 2500 records at a time
Email - Does not include standard modern emailing functions such as underlining, highlighting, modifying font color, or pasting images/tables

Also, while some more complex workflows and automation can be built in Salesforce to update fields which are then passed back to Desk via Desk Connect (native sync between Desk and Salesforce), I strongly recommend against relying on Desk Connect for any business processes. Desk Connect can and has been turned off by Desk.com for all customers without first ensuring this is okay with the customer, interrupting daily business on a large scale. It is also extremely easy to break or surpass its capabilities of Desk Connect to the point that any modification, regardless of size, made to your Salesforce org must be communicated to Desk to ensure that Desk Connect will continue to function as expected.

If you are a small-scale organization/team with very basic case tracking and reporting requirements capable, Desk may very well be the answer for you. But you still better be prepared with extensive documentation of all requirements and expectations for a tool like Desk, no matter how small or obvious they may be.

Pros

Simple UI
Simple workflow building and management

Cons

Extremely limited in its capabilities
Desk Support reps are not thorough when reading emails
ETA's on fixes/patches pushed back for months

Top Salesforce Essentials Alternatives

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

BNTouch Mortgage CRM

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Pablo

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Undoubtedly the best CRM

My experience with SalesForce has been the best throughout several years. Best to deploy and to have better results

Pros

However it can be complex for beginners, it is definitely the best CRM in terms of analytics, reports, organization of data, migrations, etc

Cons

As mentioned before, the interphase for a beginner isn't the most friendly. However, it doesn't mean it is hard to use. It is just more robust

Patrick

Reviewed on 31/7/2022

Salesforce as a Database

As it is a massive and comprehensive product, I don't need such an overwhelming software. Overall, it didn't meet my company's needs, but if a company has tech department, this could be a fantastic product.

Pros

I like that the product has the ability to be completely customized to one's needs.

Cons

As it can be an expensive and time consuming set-up, it was not necessary for me to have such a customizable software. There was very little customer service and it was overseas. It took too much of my time and the only way to get customer service is to hire a third party vendor to help with all aspects of the software.

Kenneth
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 27/3/2022

Using Salesforce is incredibly easy for my team

This was an awesome experience and an essential for an organization hoping to more readily attract and hold clients on the web

Pros

I truly like how Salesforce is the most incredible in its industry and offers extraordinary CRM programming. It is ideally suited for connecting with potential clients in view of their past interest in the organization as well as what they would require to remain drawn in and retained. I love the manner in which you can modify it and it mechanizes each thing so extraordinary from messages to calls its incredible.

Cons

When first starting to use Salesforce, it can seem overwhelming. The pages feel extremely crowded when you don't know where to look for something because there is an abundance of information. Salesforce becomes easier to use with more experience, yet for new clients there may be a learning curve.

Odoo and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Essentials

Once you find your way around the platform it is the best overall option on the market
Rex
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 14/8/2021

Works Great! Increases our Closing Percentage by 20%

So far its been very good. We also use other modules from Salesforce. After demoing about 4 packages, we went with Salesforce. Knowing that they are the primary leader in CRM, helped in that decision, as most of our other applications have APIs to intergrate with.

Pros

The integration with all of our other systems and software.

Cons

The setup is a little tricky when using other software with Salesforce. It really helps to have good support from any other vendors products you want to integrate with Salesforce. Examples being Quickbooks, ShipRush, Verizon Connect, etc. We have many departments and different software in each. So being sure you have API support is critical.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Essentials

The ability to integrate with our current applications and phone system.
Ernest
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

Ridiculously Expensive

I stopped using because I could never understand how to fully set up the system. Salesforce referred a 3rd party developer to set up system, they wanted $28,000 to set up system. Kinda shady.

Pros

Nice interface, lots of features. I never understood the system enough to offer more Pros.

Cons

Only for Mid-Large - Large Business. Salesforce is not for small business, because it is cost prohibitive. Salesforce nickel and dimes for everything, including an unethical override for their CPQ billing. I am stuck in a contract and still paying for Essentials. However, it was much more economical to use another CRM/Subscription Management System and pay Salesforce until my contact is over.

Brittney
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/3/2018

This is a great tool for organizing your sales funnel.

Pros

Time management and organization are the top reasons to use this software. Being able to include information on new prospects and clients is very helpful and it's easy to add to do items. The sales funnel process is user friendly and easy for other employees to view.

Cons

It can be hard to create clear expectations between management and employees on what information or processes should be done. With so many options of where to save information it can look like information is missing if you don't look in the right place. Processes should be put in place by each organization to clarify how to use the software.

Sharilee

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

Task List

We have enjoyed SalesForce for the task list. Everything else we are still working on being able to use.

Pros

We mostly use it for the task list. We still have a LOT to figure out.

Cons

Learning curve is wild. I also wish it would integrate with my business email instead of requiring a gmail account

Sheikh

Reviewed on 24/7/2021

Truly Market Leading crm

Pros

I have been using Salesforce for many years. I think the most amazing part of this tool is how customizable it Is as per clients needs. Moreover all these cusomized fields are available in reporting!

Cons

User based security is not available in essential. I wish it was so that we could enroll more users.

Kelly
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

Best Database for Sales Funnel Management

We use Salesforce in order to keep track of all leads, opportunites, converted clients at all steps of the sales funnel and store all contact information. If you want to reconnect with a lead that dried up 6 months ago, you have all the information and can do that as well as see where things were last left off with them. It is the ultimate sales database.

Pros

Salesforce is great for keeping track of leads, opportunities, tasks, contacts, and more. It is the best way to keep track of info, documents, phone calls, etc for these people/businesses at any stage of the sales funnel. Due to its detailed nature, it makes it easy to categorize these things and also create weekly reports for updates. I am looking forward to taking some of the free Salesforce courses just so I can take advantage of some of the functions that I still don't even know how to use for their full benefits.

Cons

Salesforce can be overwhelming when first starting to use it. There is a lot of information everywhere and the pages feel very "busy" when you aren't sure where to find something. The more you use Salesforce, the easier this gets, but for new users there can be a learning period.

Shannon
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2/7/2021

A decent program

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Very self explanatory. It will not allow you to do something your not suppose to do. Basically a guideline throughout the program

Cons

There are some work arounds that should be updated by now. That makes for a longer process

Mayank

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Reduce your dependency on spreadsheets

We require a CRM solution to track our customer data and enable sales intelligence. This tool does that perfectly. Pipeline management is a key task in Real Estate and this tool helps to achieve that in a great way.

Pros

There is a reason why this is the number 1 CRM solution in the world. It provides a unified view of your sales details and is mapped with the CRM for quick updates and reports.

Cons

Role Hierarchy & Permission sets are difficult to understand and multiple roles assigning can be difficult.

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Gets the job done, feels 2nd rate.

Pros

Desk has been getting things done for us. We've got teams, we can pass tickets easily, tags help to connect disparate tickets.

Cons

The search/filtering is broken (and has been for as long as I've used the software), it works at about 98% accuracy. You can't really rely on a search of 'all tickets assigned to X' to find every ticket, or "all resolved tickets in X department", and etc. Frustrating when reporting or setting up custom views and such. Similar in frustration created, is the limitations around what fields you can search/sort by. It's always a pet-peeve of mine to see software limit these things.

Dwight
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/7/2021

Excellent tool for day to day account management

Great tool for any account manager to have success

Pros

I really love the way the CRM is set up to keep you organized as you are doing account management/reporting. I would probably say my favorite feature is the reporting.

Cons

Honestly, i would say none. What I will say I do like the lighting experience as opposed to the classic set up.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 26/5/2018

It is easy to use and quick to understand

It has helped me find users and assist customers

Pros

I like how it makes finding information around different users and files easy, also it has helped me organize my work better

Cons

it has too much updates and it changes how it looks, this way, once it updates it is hard to understand how to use it

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/8/2021

Salesforce a Powerful CRM Tool

Salesforce allows our whole business to be connected. Salespeople out in the field are able to quickly access customer information, and that can be tied all the way to special design tasks in engineering meant to address a particular customer need.

Pros

The best part of Salesforce is how you can easily organize and report on various metrics. The whole system was designed to keep track of every transaction.

Cons

My biggest issue with Salesforce is that it is so big. It feels like it can do so much more than we ask it to, and it sometimes seems like overkill for our application.

Jose
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Reviewing salesforce essentials

Good, but again only used helpdesk part of it.

Pros

Very easy to use the help desk ticket system.

Cons

Not sure about rest of the software but only used help desk ticketing.

Lester

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Very helpful and friendly software, the interaction between customer and the company is great.

When you have an interaction with the Client you receive an email, that help you a lot because your answer to the client at the same time they sent you the message

Pros

The way it use the the replies to the customers it's amazing, it is clear and the actions are correct. You have your inbox when you have the interaction with the client.

Philip

Reviewed on 14/3/2018

Amazingly robust product. However, need to have significant technological knowhow to implement...

Pros

Amazingly robust product. Can do almost anything we could imagine. The best program I have found for managing sales.

Cons

However, not the most intuitive system. Need professional technological know-how to implement properly.

Pablo
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

Best CRM

It is the best tool to have a clear vision of Leads, prospects, contacts and opportunities. It is my daily-basis right-hand

Pros

Salesforce is the most complete CRM, easy to use and very practical.

Cons

Reports are very complete and efficient, however, they could be quite more user-friendly

Jillian
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 7/5/2021

An Essential Software for All Your CRM Needs

It was a fantastic experience and an essential for a company looking to better engage and retain customers on digital platforms.

Pros

I really like how Salesforce is the best in its industry and offers great CRM software. It is perfect for reaching out to potential clients based on their past interest in the company as well as what they might need in order to stay engaged and retained.

Cons

I did not like the price tag associated with this product. Although it is highly effective, I feel that there are other products out there to track customer engagement and sales solutions.

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Everything you need to get started

Pros

Pretty much all the software you need to get started with your business.

Cons

After you exceed the user limit, all the features will cost a lot.

Kelly
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/5/2021

Not for me

Not very good. I gave up.

Pros

The promise of its reputation. I didn’t expect so much difficulty with using it.

Cons

I’m not new to CRMs but I had so much trouble trying to customize it for my needs. Customer service wasn’t very helpful. I was disappointed.