About QuickBooks eCommerce

QuickBooks Commerce is a powerful cloud-based inventory and order management software for modern online businesses. Seamless integration across all major e-commerce platforms ensures that product listings, orders, and data stay...

Browse QuickBooks eCommerce Reviews

Silas

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

Complete tools for inventory and order management

Pros

It has 'great integration with some ecommerce platforms. Making the company's financial management easier

Cons

Despite being very complete, I believe that this makes it difficult at first, as I was lost on how to use QuickBooks correctly

• Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 8/10/2022

Quickbooks Online service is always helpful when dealing with businesses.

Quickbooks Online Service, basically at best have enabled financial professionals to attain their desired way of running business. Most of the financial professionals use it and only few haven't known it yet.

Pros

The software is the attainment amongst financial advisors, tax preparers, CPAs and more. As a result, it has led to the use of it by most business runners .

Cons

Honestly the software is unable to upload trial balance right away from Excel.

Elie

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Best app forever

I like this app because I'm able to read any book I want there and the books are perfect to me, cz this app helped me to increase my culture

Pros

I like that it's very easy to use which is good for me as I need my stores to access this lovely website. Images with descriptions are really perfect to me and it doesn't cost a lot which is very conveniant and so economic.

Cons

It is very easy to use, I didn't find it so complicated especially with my ADHD problems cz to be honest I usually suffer to understand, but with Quickbooks it's very simple and very flexible to nevigate.

Top QuickBooks eCommerce Alternatives

Salesforce Sales Cloud

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

david
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

Its generally good, but has some big shortcomings

No phone numbers to speak to anyone on the normal plans. Email support meant that 50% of problems were solved. Support emails go to a generic desk, so its difficult to continue a conversation with the same person. Or for one person to take control of a problem and help solve it.

Pros

Live updating of bundle quantities to our shopify store is very good
The sync speed to shopify is good
The usability of the software is good
It can handle multiple currencies well

Cons

The actual core of the product - keeping track of inventory is not as robust as it needs to be.
We have had many problems of bad syncing with shopify and xero. My opinion is tradegecko is the weak link. Sales are fine. Returns edits and exchanges are bad. So your stock numbers are out. If you edit an order in shopify at all - then tradegecko will not update. So your stock numbers are out.

We also had problems where we made stock takes in tradegecko and they would not sync to xero. Support by email is very cumbersome.

The second unforgivable problem is that you cannot report on consumption of SKU's if they are sold within a BOM. Tradegecko admit this is bad for an inventory management solution. They pass the buck to a program called inventory-planner which is actually excellent.

You cannot plan incoming stock dates on a per product basis. Only on a per purchase order basis. So you end up reverting to excel for part shipment planning. It is not easy to export a whole order book for a single supplier and manage multiple invoming batches.

Cin7 Omni

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks eCommerce

Ease of use. We are likley changing to Netsuite.
Samuel
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

Everything is more secure thanks to cloud services. One of the best advantages is not needing...

Mostly With Excel, it took me an hour or more to complete my inventory management; however, Quickbook only took me about half as long. Less time spent on work means more time for my family and other activities. I am really grateful that I discovered this program since it helps me live better and streamlines my workday.

Pros

With the online version of 08, it's simple to always have the most recent updates. The ability to share files is the precise tool an accountant needs to simply communicate the information required to maintain your books and submit your taxes. If you ever need it, you may easily access QuickBook loan funds as well as the 2008 paycheck through the program. Access is advantageous whenever and anywhere.

Cons

Some processes' naming conventions are a little intimidating until you figure out exactly where they are and what they are called. Features may be moved as a result of the upgrades, making it more challenging to discover them. There are occasionally problems with the online connectivity, as there are with any cloud-based applications.

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 22/7/2015

Trade Gecko works well and is getting better everyday

From the time I started working with Trade Gecko, they have made a lot of efforts to improve their system. My business is 65 years old, at first I got the feeling that the developers knew nothing about proper business practices. Although it took some time, their customer service reps have finally figured out that I know what I'm talking about.

I tested many different inventory companies before settling with Trade Gecko. TradeGecko was the best option.

Pros

Mostly anything can be done through csv.
Supports multiple price lists (selling and cost)
Supports multiple currencies
Able to sync with multiple sales channels
Able to sync different price lists to different sales channels (initial setup has to be done by TG to get this to work)
ie you can have Wholesale and retail websites with different prices and manage it from TG
Syncs sales and PO's with QBO Canada

Cons

For $200 per month, I would like to have phone support, not just email support.
If I want to make changes in bulk, I have to download the entire database, make changes to the bulk SKU's and then re-upload it. Working with the entire database in csv is very dangerous and has caused problems for me. I would like to see them improve this feature.
Only allows one supplier per item.
Most tasks are easy to do and learn. For advanced users, there are several little hidden features / obstacles that were difficult to figure-out, and left me wondering why didn't they tell me.

There are a few limitations that I have to work around and live with, but I believe with time TG will fix them. For example, you cannot input your own landed cost. You have to use their built in system that calculates landed cost from the PO. This is a huge headache; not all costs associated with a PO are payable to the supplier ie Transport, Duty, Broker Fees, Graphic Artist, etc.

Response from TradeGecko

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the great review! We are glad that you chose TradeGecko out of the many options available. We are always looking to improve the system, and will definitely be sure to pass the feedback on. Have a great day!

Regards,
Alicia
TradeGecko

Replied 24/7/2015
Raluca
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 1/1/2023

QuickBooks has amazing for small businesses but has a couple flaws.

My experience with QuickBooks has been amazing, its made our team work better.

Pros

It is so easy to keep track of finances, thorough record keeping, hundreds of third party apps you can use, easy to share info with accountant.

Cons

Learning how to get started is hard, limited account users in plans.

Kongui
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

QuickBooks Commerce

QuickBooks Commerce is the ideal software that allows you to simplify the follow-up of your business

Pros

I have inserted QuickBooks Commerce in my company more than 6 months ago and it allows me to simplify my company's time tracking. Great

Cons

Honestly, the follow-ups are good without fail, so I find the software interesting

pavithra
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 2/1/2023

Quickbooks have some flaws but it is still best for small businesses

We were able to save a significant amount of money by taking full advantage of QB. As long as you enter everything correctly, you can always go back and save money.

Pros

I love the ease of reporting. Besides, you can't go wrong! QB will alert you if you do something wrong so you can verify. The chart of accounts is great, including accounts payable and accounts receivable. It's easy to pay bills and enter bills.Tracking credit card purchases and voting is a breeze.

Cons

I think it can be difficult if your accountant uses it too. There are times when we cannot enter GL codes etc, making it difficult to continue your work. Some of the reports are hard to find, so if you find them, bookmark them!

michael
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 9/1/2023

QuickBooks perfect for small businesses

Pros

It is simple, fast, and easy to use. Easy to implement. Good Pricing

Cons

Customer service is lousy and not very helpful with problems that aren't common.

Leilani

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

GREATEST UTILIZATION of ECOMMERCE SOFTWARE to MANAGE !!!!!!!!

It definitley is worth its value and has delivered results for this kind of software. easy to manage and understand and so far has been a great positive addition for my Company.

Pros

Maneuvering through each feature is quite impressively easy. This software is highly resourceful and its Value is off the charts. A much needed and integrated platform for my company and has delivered results within.

Cons

Definitely could be a bit overwhelming with the many selection of features and options and so forth...more so for smaller businesses and what not. could be trimmed down a little but over all its been great.

JAY

Reviewed on 17/5/2021

Quickbooks is user freidnly software, Excellent software for Small businesses

It is very user friendly software with all required features and it is in budget.

Pros

Easy to use, So fast and reliable software. It's so User friendly which can use any one at any time. Best Price with exciting features, No one can beat in this price with available features. There are lots of features which I like the most in this software. Also Integrates with other software, Hassel free and ease to use software. I like it too much.

Cons

Customization error should be resolved for individual user. They should create many options that allow each user to select and customize all functions like name of Invoice and proforma Invoices and other features which are the basic for all user.

KATIE

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

5 STAR

I've enjoyed using TG for several years now.

Pros

Ease of use. I also appreciate the quick customer service correspondence.

Cons

I have no complaints. I find this program very easy to use and it is intuitive.

Response from TradeGecko

Its great when we hear that our long term customers continue to rate our platform so highly, and our customer service team appreciate the shout out. Thanks for the review, Team TradeGecko

Replied 13/2/2020
Lufunda Richardson
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

QuickBooks Commerce is still the best software despite its few flaws.

QuickBooks Commerce has enabled us to easily reach and connect with our clients thereby increasing our sales.

Pros

The multi currency feature has been quite impactful on our everyday business processes and it has been quite easy to use.

Cons

I like every feature on this software, and am still taking some time to explore on other features. I wouldn't say they are difficult to use though.

Reviewed on 18/8/2019

Tradegecko is great software and always getting better

Overall it solves most of the business issues and overall we're happy with the product and with Tradegecko

Pros

Ease of use, integrations, API, user interface, company responsiveness to build features if I made a solid case for lacking functionality, customization of documents, Tradegecko connect workflow builder, aesthetic, simplicity, etc.

Cons

Some of the (new) reporting functions, lack of features like credit limits, no dropdowns in custom fields, Tradegecko connect is stagnant and no new workflow options being added we need more triggers and flow options) , inability to add custom attributes by category, lack of flexibility in creating packsizes (it's only possible to enter a single unit and create a packsize my multiplying it but it's impossible to add a case and break it up to units (wholesalers typically buy and sell by the case and occasionally break up cases), the way packsizes appear in reports ('case' vs the SKU #), the lack of synchronization between POs and items (it requires a item to be MANUALLY linked linked to a PO) and if PO is not linked to a backordered item, any backordered sales order will not be AUTOMATICALLY linked to a PO (a list of possible POs appear even for FULLFILLED items!), limited filtering on options in the inventory area it would be nice to have options like 'does not have this tag' etc), see history for product bundles (formerly composite variants) and not only the history for the actual bundled variant SKU, one has to click on fulfill orders to see still unfulfilled items on a sales order and can't see it on the sales order, it's impossible to see the associated orders that are committed, ordered but not fulfilled and shipped on a variant or product page (it doesn't show up on the history tab and it's not linkable from the committed information in the stock info area)

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks eCommerce

Function and simplicity

Response from TradeGecko

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we would be happy to reach out if we knew who to contact! We have made considerable updates to our reporting functionality, and we work to incorporate customer feedback. Team TradeGecko

Replied 13/2/2020
alpha
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 15/9/2021

"A solid foundation for simple bookkeeping"

For bookkeeping and payment processing, I use QuickBooks. It enables me to send invoices with an online payment link and to grant access to my accountant so that he may prepare my taxes every year.

Pros

What do you enjoy the most?
QuickBooks is one of the most widely used accounting programs, and with good reason. There are numerous tools available to assist you in getting started or troubleshooting problems that may occur in your company. Inventory management, accounts payable/receivable, billing/invoicing choices, and other fantastic features may all be modified.

Cons

Recommendations to people who are thinking about buying the product:
There are less expensive options that provide nearly the same job. The only disadvantage is that QuickBooks is so widely used in the accounting world that switching to another platform is difficult.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT] gathered and hosted the review.

Sterling

Reviewed on 5/8/2015

Outstanding Customer Service and the Most Versatile Supply Chain Management Solution I've Found

Trade Gecko has been a dream for my small business, and starting early has allowed us to track growth as we venture into national sales. I can't wait to look back over our records and watch how much we've grown in a few years. TG has offered us above-standard integration of inventory management as well as our costs of purchase orders, which factor into profit reports per item over time as a "Moving Average Cost" (MAC). As a manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer, we have been able to use this and the "Buy Price" per Purchase Order to track our cost of goods (basically, we calculate that externally and mark it in the Buy Price of an item in a fresh Purchase Order - the MAC is adjusted over time to reflect profit margins as cost of goods varies by batch).

One of the most exciting things about TG is their dedication to growth, which is based almost entirely off of customer feedback. We're very excited to watch the development of TG's manufacturer tracking services, which hopefully soon will allow us to calculate and track cost of goods by individual ingredient. As enthused community participants, TG has also given us beta access to cutting edge services that have already cut out our need for other 4th/5th party subscriptions. I feel like eventually TG will be our all around blanket production & sales management interface, and I look forward to that. For now, it's still more versatile than any other SCM solution I've tested, at least without paying $2,000+/mo, and as far as I can tell TG will remain useful as we grow through our business plan and even incorporate.

TG has also allowed us to seamlessly integrate with our complex Woo Commerce shopping cart, which we use across multiple sales channels within a Word Press server. TG can track sales back to the individual channel and automate reports to our customers that reflect the proper brands and stores. This has been invaluable to our growth and expansion, and will continue to be for years to come.

If you're frustrated and can't figure out which SCM or inventory management solution to choose in the vast sea of services, if nothing else try TG for their outstanding customer support. My favorite part about TG is that no matter what I need to know, figure out, or sometimes even invent, the staff is extremely patient and they know the interface in and out ' I've yet to try to do something within reason that couldn't be done, and it's never taken a CSR more than 2 days to thoroughly teach me how to do it.

Response from TradeGecko

Dear Sterling,

Thank you for the awesome review! We are glad that TradeGecko has helped your business to grow, and we are happy to hear that the features have helped you to save valuable time in your business. We truly appreciate your support, and will be sure to continue to improve our product to serve your needs!

Replied 11/8/2015
Fallon Tendai

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Accounting software at its simplest

Exceptional. It has improved so much since I trained using QuickBooks in university. It has been simplified so much, It is a staple in the day to day operations of our company

Pros

This software makes understanding your key business activities easier. I have been able to train my staff on how to use it, their tutorials are so detailed and easy to understand, most of my staff are not even high school graduates and yet after a few sessions of training, they are able to operate the software well. This software is a Godsend, it has made life so much simpler for me and my staff.

Cons

The limiting of sales orders for the cheaper priced packages

Jason
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 11/7/2020

Great software, easy to use

It saves us time, reduces employee workload.

Pros

Tradegecko streamlines the entire process from making quotations to collecting payments. Everything is automated. We sell specialty chemicals for researchers (universities and companies) which still place orders by emailing/faxing PDF POs, requiring manually entering order information. The software is very easy to use and saved us time.

Cons

The software does not allow many customization by individual users. Pretty much all features are universal. Different users always need customization to fit their needs. TradeGecko should create many options that allow each user to select, customize functions. For example, there is no option to change the name of invoices, Proforma Invoice vs Invoice, which should be a basic feature for users to deal with organizational customers.

Response from TradeGecko

Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback as we are always striving to improve our Product for our merchants. We'll have your account manager reach out to discuss this further, as users are able to customise Invoices.

Replied 22/7/2020
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/9/2018

Frequent Updates and Extremely User Friendly!

TradeGecko has really helped us crack down on lost inventory, keeping special pricing accurate, and making sure that we're getting paid for the inventory being shipped out. This is exactly what we needed and we're very happy with the product and service!

Pros

The clean look of this program isn't just for looks, it's incredibly user friendly and intuitive. One of the biggest pros though is that they are continually updating the program and improving the use and functionality of the software. They're also very easy to communicate with and give feedback to if you can possibly think of an additional feature. We use this program in a slightly less traditional way and their team has been great about making sure it fits our needs in the way we use it.

Cons

We've used this software since "the beginning" unfortunately that meant that when they got a little bigger, we did see a significant price increase. That being said, though the pricing is a little high, it is still worth it for our use. Occasionally there are some small bugs but they usually get squashed quickly since they update so frequently.

Reviewed on 13/2/2020

Accept it for what it is

If it works for your business, get it. If it doesn't, don't. They never make any updates and will not head any advise you give. They don't have a community forum for a reason. They have their own agenda.

So if it works for you great, but if not, don't expect them to ever improve it to fit any of your needs, and you're better off searching for a different solution then getting stuck.

Pros

Beautiful UI, better then any other WMS
Quick and responsive
What it does, it does famously

Cons

No feature updates/improvements
Rarely fix errors pointed out unless they're super easy

Response from TradeGecko

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, we take our customers feedback seriously.

We are continuously making improvements to our product, and we prioritize those which based on customer feedback & requests will have the biggest impact across multiple customer businesses.

As this is an anonymous review we have no way to know specifically what features/ improvements you have requested, but we would urge you to reach out to your account manager to discuss. Providing a great customer experience is very important to us, and we remain available if you have any further questions or concerns.

Replied 9/3/2020
Alcedie
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

Quickbooks is the best for Small or Big businesses

Pros

This software has worked flawlessly for us, and our team had no trouble implementing it. We have not encountered any problems with this software, and our team found it simple to implement in the context of other competitors. It's a fantastic choice in the context of the other competitors.

Cons

The only downside so far is that bins can only have one SKU assigned to them.

Rachana

Reviewed on 4/9/2021

In love with Quickbooks

Pros

It tracks my expenses, it is very helpful. Now, I can easily manage my money. It is very useful for individuals and other small scale industries who want to keep track of their accounts. It monitors all the transactions and have a record keeping. I really love the way it provides customizable templates according to the needs of the user.

Cons

It is expensive but its worthy. We need sometime to familiarize with the environment, how to use it. After you learned how to use it. It would be easy to manage it.

• Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Love quickbooks commerce

Like I said above, it has saved me a lot of time and energy in the inventory management process

Pros

I love QuickBooks commerce for my inventory needs. I am the inventory manager at our small business and it has made my life much easier. I no longer have to do quarterly inventory counts or order inventory just on my knowledge of what we need, QuickBooks does all of that for me. It also informs me what products I am selling and how often. I love it that it creates statistics for me that i otherwise would not look for.

Cons

It's a little bit complicated. when I first got started, I had to work on understanding the features, and how to enter information into the spreadsheet. There also is not an explanation of all the features, but as you use it, you figure it out.

Stuart
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 25/11/2018

TradeGecko - pros & cons

A very good inventory system that I would recommend to other companies that want a clear and easy to understand solution that can be up and running quickly. New integrations are being added quickly, and this make for a strong package.

Pros

Very easy to use, quick to understand, and straightforward. Very quick to implement and intuitive. Customer service has always been open to new ideas, and seeing these ideas taken up and used is great.

Cons

TG needs an ordering and invoicing framework that works for fashion items. A single line for the product and colour option then vertical columns to fill out the sizes. That is the way orders and invoicing has been done in fashion since the beginning of time, and without this TG is hard for fashion businesses. To have a purchase order or invoice that has each style/colour/size variant on a separate line is massively tome consuming and needs to be fixed immediately.