About Carsforsale.com

Carsforsale.com is a cloud-based marketing solution, which helps automotive businesses manage multiple lead channels and track conversions. Its key features include document management, photo overlays, appointment scheduling and...

Browse Carsforsale.com Reviews

1,783 of 1,783 reviews
Samantha

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

Excellent value and utility

Signing on with Carsforsale.com has allowed me to trim my budget without losing any revenue (sometimes you trim a lead generator and are surprised to notice an effect when you thought they didn't perform). This isn't the case - moving to Carsforsale was wonderful for us professionally.

Pros

I honestly am very satisfied with all of the utility and versatility of Carsforsale.com. We were looking for a more price-effective option for a website. What we did not bargain on was ALL of the tools that came with. Not only do we have our website, but it accurately lists our inventory and the updates are nearly instant. We also enjoy the export to our other lead generators as well as Facebook Marketplace. It is seamless and easy.

Cons

There isn't anything that I strongly dislike about our Carsforsale.com website. One thing I wish we had more option with is images on our website or the ability to add pages. However, given the price tag - I'm not going to get too worked up about it!

austin

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

Excellent website provider

Excellent experience

Pros

Ease of use, great customer support, wide range of customization, secure data, etc.

Cons

No cons at this time, we have had a great experience and there is constant innovation to the system

Dealer Car Search

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Price point, and customizable, reliable.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/8/2022

Unethical Company!!!

Carsforsale.com will not cancel your account! We have tried two get our account cancelled multiple times with no success. Don't expect to speak to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as he "Doesn't take phone calls. That's what he hires people to do"!!

Pros

Inexpensive with inexpensive results. We used the service for the website but it became inefficient for us rapidly.

Cons

The results are not what they tell you they will be. The staff is rude

Top Carsforsale.com Alternatives

Ahmad

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

Happy Camper here

I don't have any complaints. I'm pretty happy with the service

Pros

Low cost, Good exposure, free website, updates feed in a fair amount of time

Cons

I really don't have anything I don't like about it BUT if i have to list one it's losing the ability to list items on FB marketplace

Richard

Reviewed on 15/8/2022

Carsforsale.com is a great website to sell my cars!

My overall experience is a positive one. I have had lots of sale from this site.

Pros

I love how easy it is to list a car for sale. It allows you plenty of pictures and a video, which is the most important part of my sales. CFS also posts to Facebook for me. It is easy to keep track of inventory, sales leads, sales and sold inventory. I highly recommend this software!!!!

Cons

The only feature that I would consider needing improvement is that it only posts the first twelve photos to Facebook. I kept getting call asking for specific pictures, I figured out the fact that it only posts the first twelve photos that you upload. Now I upload 12 photos that people want to see most. Small inconvenience.

Maite

Reviewed on 2/9/2022

A functional digital automatris system

It allows you to manage sales in a complete way if you want to have a system that allows you to have access to sales even in a retail way, I like it because it has not been difficult to understand and it has also been quite complete and understandable

Pros

This is a tool that is very effective for professionals or for those who wish to have systems that allow them to carry out tasks related to their means of transport, it is an easy tool to understand, especially for those who have not yet used this type of tool, it also allows even create comprehensive reports

Cons

It is not a tool that is used by everyone, but it is still necessary to have this type of system to have greater opportunities to innovate in all sectors.

Abe

Reviewed on 15/8/2022

Great value for the money

Pros

Very user-friendly interface. Great value for the money.

Cons

No complaints. Everything has been great.

Frazer
michael

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

sales

Pros

We like carforsales because it is easy to use and has no problem when I want to change my website. carsforsales sale will call you back after they change my website at my request and make sure I am happy with their changes.

Cons

I really do not have any cons. I have been doing business with carsforsales for a long time
maybe they should give customers a discount after so many years I have been with them

Rafael

Reviewed on 20/9/2022

Advanatge rewiew

love the mobile application fantastic is so easy to use

Pros

easy functionality like the fact that I can switch from my mobile to the desk and work from both desk and mobile the spell check is great....

Cons

is a perfect aplication I can not ask for more

Lydia

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Extremely User Friendly

Pros

It's so easy to upload and post new listings, and with a couple of clicks, our new arrivals are posted to our Facebook page

Cons

The recordings we get from phone leads are hard to hear, but that may be a completely separate issue

Susan

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Control your inventory with a few clicks

The ability to display the current inventory to the public is a great benefit and a must have in these COVID Pandemic times.

Pros

The software allows you to complete the task of adding new inventory, or editing existing inventory simple. The step by step process assures that you don't forget any of the important details. The ability to scan the VIN barcode and automatically display vehicle specifics is a real time saver.

Cons

The need to input mileage and price for each vehicle when you are displaying "email for price" or "email for mileage is a waste of time. Although the ability to display videos of inventory is available, you have to first publish the video elsewhere and input the URL into CarsForSale, which is too much trouble and time consuming. Being able to instantly take video and upload directly would be very helpful. Additionally I have been unable to find a way to bring a "SOLD" vehicle back into inventory, except to completely reenter everything. If this feature is available it is not clear how to use it.

Reviewed on 19/12/2020

"Progress Is Impossible Without Change"

Overall Experience: The overall experience feels like I am part of a committed community that will protect consumers data while providing a beautiful system to explore vehicles for sale.

The back end of Carsforsale is easy to use. Well for me as least. You can only lead a horse to water...
But, keep it up. I can handle it and ready to experience any upcoming updates!

The designs are beautiful with a very very low cost and referral incentives. You are not greedy. You are cheap and quality. That is a rare combination to find. You are that rare combination I found back in 2010.

Keep it up!

Pros

Most Like:

The consistent and frequent software updates. *Specifically; the new access method for submitted application. I admire Carsforsale and their improvements on the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly. I have many ideas for you and theories about you. I hope you have those ideas as well. I am excited to see what else you come out with in the near future. I stick with you because I have been using Carsforsale since 2010 and see where this is going. Keep it up.

Cons

Least Like: The customer service and website customization capabilities.

*Specifically:

1. The lack of truth in the "Custom-Built Design" page.

2. The unwarranted, unnecessary, and irrelevant opinions from the representatives.
- Example: A representative once said: "I don't think that will look good". This is why I work ONLY with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

I could go on, but it does not matter; because the way I feel is objective. I'm too picky. I'm too fast. I'm to egotistical sometimes. Carsforsale is not my company. It was more me than the representative, but still, I never asked for her opinion. I also trust that one day the final product of my requests when requested; will match the promises under the "Custom-Built Design" page. Because they have not been matched lately.

Steve

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Teresa Brewer, Co-Owner/Business Manager is responsible for getting vehicle on carsforsale.com

Since I'm, Teresa Brewer, Co-Owner/Business Manager and the only one who works with computers here at Steve's Auto Sales. I've had a great experience with carsforsale.com, with the exception of the wrong information getting to facebook. Otherwise, I enjoy working with your software and visiting with our customers regarding our vehicle. Since I'm able to type in the VIN and get the information on each vehicle I put online, ya'll have made my work so much easier. Ya'll are very helpful, especially since I have so much other paperwork to do. Thank You very much for your software and your help!

Pros

The software is easy to use for inputting information about our vehicles, especially after inputting the VIN. It's very nice to have the information for each vehicle already there, so I don't have to type in all the information. Several other important things about the software is: (1) Inventory: able to keep up with vehicles online and vehicles sold, get a printout of vehicles in inventory and vehicle sold, (2) Leads: it's great for customers to get in touch with us on a personal level to discuss the vehicle they are interested in, whether it's by phone, text, or email. (3) Social Media: it's very important to get our vehicle out to the public, therefore, social media is a great way to get the information out, so I don't have to go to each website and retype the vehicle information. (4) Tools: printables to print out which form is needed for each vehicle, (5) get reports for vehicles and (6) Contact: able to contact carsforsale.com when needed!

Cons

The only cons are having the wrong information show up after I've saved the information for a vehicle. I always check to make sure the information and price I typed in or the right information was automatically put in for the vehicle is right! I called and talked with someone at carsforsale.com and was told we cannot help what happens when it gets to facebook or another medica site. And for some reason by the time the information get to facebook the information is different or the price is different. I've tried to contact facebook about the wrong information and all I get is, I'm sorry but it's the information that was sent to us and we cannot change it. So, what do I do in a situation like this? No one seems to know the answer to this question!

Danielle

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

I'm really considering switching to Carfax

When I started here five years ago, I had never sold cars before. This is the first and only software I've ever used and it's comfortable and familiar. Over the last five years the software has grown and changed in many positive and efficient ways. CFS customer service is top notch. There's never been an issue they couldn't solve for me quickly. But as your competitors grow and change, I can't help but notice there's a lot they can offer this company too. I do hope that I see more leads generated from CFS.com and more marketing campaigns in the near future. I'm rooting for you guys :)

Pros

I love the website and the customer service for the website. Very professional, easy to use and simple to update. One phone call and customer service did the rest.

The recent updates and addons in response to the pandemic are exceptional.

Text Leads - Brilliant. Works great, just wish customers utilized it more.

Mobile App - I use it all the time, especially when importing vehicles into inventory.

Cons

Lead generation is non-existent. I cannot recall the last time I got a lead from CFS.com. I never see TV commercials, social media ads, or SEO targeted ads from CFS. I don't see CFS advertise in the same capacity and frequency as competitors such as Carfax, Cars.com. If you're not consistently pulling new clients to your site to see my merchandise then what am I paying for? What is keeping me from going to Cars.com or Carfax for CRM? I feel as if I'm relying solely on my social media presence and website SEO when it was my understanding that customers could and would find our merchandise on CFS.com. Conclusion, brand recognition; get with it or get lost. Your competition is beating you and winning me over more and more everyday, especially CarFax. Not only is Carfax THE authority on car history reports, but they have impressive CRM software, awesome lead generation, top notch free marketing materials and the price is directly competing with CFS.

The recent security updates. Texting a code every time I want to review an application is tedious to say the least. Now I find myself printing applications, just so I can review them later. I never used to print, I would just open the doc in CFS. Now I'm wasting paper, which is wasting money and resources. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how serious you take protecting sensitive info, I wish there was a more efficient way to do so.

Rachel

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

Above average software/below average customer support

The Carsforsale.com platform is the only one I have used so I do not know any comparable platforms. However, I may start looking this year for other platforms as this one does not seem to be scaleable as my business grows. It is very generic. The upside is the website never goes down and has never had a bug in it that required work arounds. It is an average experience.

Pros

The software is user friendly for both the customer and the business. The customer can easily view product and contact the business. The business has ease of adding and deleting inventory as well as many reports that show where business is coming from and what is driving interest in certain types of inventory.

Cons

The program language is not compatible with other software in the industry. Automatic updates are often 2-3 days behind real time. An item no longer in inventory will reappear on the website because it was available in the update from yesterday. It does require monitoring daily to ensure accuracy. Also, customer support lacks follow through. There is no one person dedicated to your account that you work with. It is whomever answers the phone and that can be time consuming to bring the new person up to speed on the issue that has been already discussed with someone else. Finally, updates to the platform itself are not easy. They are a basic layout and changes to it are limited and not always done correctly.

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Rachel! We're glad we had the opportunity to discuss your inventory distribution feeds to ensure everything is up-to-date. We're always just a phone call away if you have any questions. So whenever you're ready, we're happy to update your website design and integrate your partner services ? all at no cost. Get some design inspiration at https://dealers.carsforsale.com/website-portfolio/ and give us a shout when you want to update at (866) 388-9778.

Replied 20/6/2019
matt

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Time Saver

In a nutshell carsforsale.com does exactly what you are going to want it to do. Its fairly straightforward and simple to use, allows you to manage multiple online platforms from one location, provides you with accurate and detailed information to keep you marketplace competitive, and most importantly of all it allows me to be better and more efficient, freeing up valuable time to handle the other aspects of running a car store.

Pros

Great software. At a small dealership where there are limited employees, I fill the role of buyer, salesman, finance manager, sales manager etc..... because of this having software that provides seamless integration to our website, social media sites, vendor sites, CRM and DMS is essential. Carsforsale.com does all of this and more. It allows me to accurately portray the options of our vehicles, manage the photos and promote the dealership simply by following its lead. It also shows me what my competition is doing, gives me the ability to see pictures and options that are available from other dealers in my area. Having this information makes hitting a price point that allows for a fair profit, while still moving each unit if a timely manner, and it allows me to do this with out having to look to other places to gather it.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. About the only thing i can find that I dislike is it requires email or text verification to log you in from time to time. It would be nice if I could verify a computer or device one time and not have to do it again.

Bee

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

Business wouldn't be as smooth and stress free with out there services

they help me keep my business running and stress free for pennies on the dollar.

Pros

It keeps my inventory in line, helps me keep track of the time I have my vehicles and helps me price them according to the market at current. I can print out inventory sheets with all the info "i want" and give them to customers which is so nice. I can also do my paperwork right here and know my profits individually or all together.
This company offers a easy to use program that helps me manage my inventory and my expenses with each car and even posts to facebook for me which in hand helps me get it placed in other groups, and on my facebook page and my website looks awesome.

Cons

there is nothing i do like about the software .. nothing at all

Josh

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

Best Bang for your Buck

Their Customer service is 5 star very knowledge able and always there to help.

Pros

We are a independent Dealer and for one price we get an amazing website with unbelievable tech support and easy to understand and follow basic CRM to track our leads, plus they help us post to social media. Have an app to use, plus you get to post all your units on their listing sight on top of all that! BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK HANDS DOWN!!!!

Cons

Wish it was easier to assign the lead to my sales people from the APP.

Frazer and DealerCenter

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

To expensive horrible customer service

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Bang for the Buck! Local Midwest company with this much reach and this great of service. Can't find that at any of the BIG TECH Company's period

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Best dealer website for the price

Pros

Very Customizable, also able to change the theme on the website, very responsive support team, has it's own implementation with Facebook Marketplace, CarGurus, and Carfax. I am sure it has more implementation abilities, however that is the platforms that I use and are subscribed too. Also gives you free NVMTIS reports, which is really nice to use, besides Carfax and Auto check.

Cons

The mobile version isn't on the same layout as the desktop version like V12 software is able to do, but I am very very happy, and it's not a complaint.

Amy

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Helps my business grow

Customer service is top tier. We always get a happy person (no automated responses) willing to help, quick on follow up and answers our questions. We've been extremely satisfied with how Carsforsale was one of the first to integrate with Facebook and has continued to add the latest and greatest technology to help our business grow -- like chat/text responses, COVID messages and social media.

Pros

The software is easy to use, mobile friendly, and stays up to date with the latest advancements and features you are seeing out there.

Cons

Leads must be answered in the software instead of in the CRM. Doesn't not automatically automate with our inventory management software -- which I admit is very old. You have found a work around for us, which I appreciate tremendously, just wish the updates were a little more frequent.

Dealertrack DMS and DealerCenter

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

best bang for the buck. Pricing was perfect for a small independent dealer like us who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month to get our inventory on the web. It was simple, effective and affordable.
Joshua
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Carsforsale Keeps Growing - in a good way

Open to ideas and helpful organizing menu options.

Pros

Easy to add inventory with photos on my desktop PC or from my phone with the app. I appreciate that they continue to add functionality to their website. Customer service is great!

Cons

Some of the features from a higher priced software out there. Would like to be able to add our own custom webpages for vehicle donations.

Connor

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Cars For Sale Overview

Overall, I love CFS. It is very easy to use and navigate. All the features are great and can be very helpful to anybody especially those who are just starting out in this business. Anybody new here I would definitely recommend this software. I don't see us switching to anybody else. Why would we?

Pros

Cars for sale does a lot of things right. It is very easy to use and navigate. I haven't really found myself "stuck" or looking for something for 10 minutes. Lead tracking and inventory management are probably used daily. We love them here and will not switch to any other provider.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to see CFS do different would be website customization. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to make changes myself rather than email in and have them do it.

KEVIN

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

GREAT PRODUCT AT REASONABLE PRICE!

I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS, I HAVE OPENED OTHER CAR LOTS AND IMPLEMENTED IT IN ALL OF THEM! GREAT PRODUCT FOR THE PRICE!

Pros

EASE OF USE, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH, INTERGRATES AND PUSHES INFO TO OTHER SITES VERY EASILY!

Cons

NON THAT I CAN THINK OF, THIS PRODUCT GETS UPDATED AND KEEPS ME COMPLIANT ALL THE TIME!

Dan

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Great option for used dealership startups

Overall great experience. For $99 the service is a bargain. US based company with domestic support. A great value.

Pros

Very easy to use. It gets the job done for small dealerships starting out. Very easy to post vehicles and software is relatively glitch free.

Cons

All of it's features are as basic as they come. When adding a vehicle, you are only able to log 1 cost for the vehicle and doesn't give you the option to add more. Just 1 cost line. CRM is very basic and does not have the ability to distinguish where the leads are coming from.

Darrin

Do you actually care?

Pros

The cost is fair for what you do. Your service is better then most. But you have made so many changes it not user friendly

Cons

You have made so many changes in the system for the worse in ease of use. Really it’s to the point of dropping you

The requirements for a code to pull a credit app for my team is frankly a pain in the add. There has to be an easier way.

Our ability to push to Facebook or market place always glitches for some reason.

On your mobile user face your designers put message for more info before the info for the car which creates a lot of waisted interaction and key board shoppers. Really that was stupid I can believe someone actually approved that.