About Carsforsale.com

Carsforsale.com is a cloud-based marketing solution, which helps automotive businesses manage multiple lead channels and track conversions. Its key features include document management, photo overlays, appointment scheduling and...

Browse Carsforsale.com Reviews

1,932 of 1,932 reviews
Samantha

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

Excellent value and utility

Signing on with Carsforsale.com has allowed me to trim my budget without losing any revenue (sometimes you trim a lead generator and are surprised to notice an effect when you thought they didn't perform). This isn't the case - moving to Carsforsale was wonderful for us professionally.

Pros

I honestly am very satisfied with all of the utility and versatility of Carsforsale.com. We were looking for a more price-effective option for a website. What we did not bargain on was ALL of the tools that came with. Not only do we have our website, but it accurately lists our inventory and the updates are nearly instant. We also enjoy the export to our other lead generators as well as Facebook Marketplace. It is seamless and easy.

Cons

There isn't anything that I strongly dislike about our Carsforsale.com website. One thing I wish we had more option with is images on our website or the ability to add pages. However, given the price tag - I'm not going to get too worked up about it!

Kent

Better than most

I've used CFS for about 15 years with 3 different dealerships. It's just a great system

Pros

Everything about CFS is great. Easy to use added features like photo overlays, facebook post scheduling etc

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about Carsforsale.com

Richard

Reviewed on 18/1/2023

Value of product

Poor

Pros

Worthless does not give a-person the opportunities

Cons

Not organized in a way to determine any value an misleads a person to the value of posted vechile

Top Carsforsale.com Alternatives

ashley

Reviewed on 7/11/2022

Easy to use and pays for itself .

Very good experience. Has definitely helped our numbers!

Pros

User friendly. Great to generate and communicate with leads

Cons

The login process is could be streamlined.

Dealer Car Search

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

For a smaller size dealership the price made for sense for us and also did not charge for direct messaging to our leads right from the platform. Some other services consider this an add-on feature.
Regie

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

Best ad source for independent auto dealers

Great company and a necessity for any dealer that plans to advertise their inventory online.

Pros

Pricing is awesome. And their SEO management is amazing for what they charge!

Cons

Software is a little cumbersome but not difficult to use. Redundant because our DMS does everything their software does.

charles

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

Great service and you will be happy if you decide to sign up with Carsforsale.com

They are always very helpful and take the time to walk you through any issues you may encounter.Always professional and pleasant to work with.

Pros

Super easy to use... it is a great value and I recommend this product to everyone!

Cons

NONE that I can think of... super easy software to use.

april

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

sales

very simple to use and customer service is great

Pros

easy , its simple and if you do not know how to use it customer service always helps out really fast

Cons

nothing ,everything is great and is user friendly

Janean

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

great for advertising cars for sale

Pros

Its very easy to use. We really like how it advertises our inventory.

Cons

What I dislike about this website is we pay for it and when a car gets over 3 months old it has to be down for 3 months before you can relist it.

Chip

Usee with confidence.

Pros

Great value and features. Feature rich. We do not use everything the software has to offer.

Cons

We cannot think of anything to make it better other than to make it free. 😎

Christian

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Great product!

carsforsale.com is a perfect partner to our small used car dealership. It allows us to compete on the same level as the "BIG GUYS"!

Pros

This product easily integrates with the website and gives instant notification of all leads. Very nice and simple to use product!

Cons

As of now I have no dislikes for this software. Doing a great job for our business!

Joshua
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Carsforsale Keeps Growing - in a good way

Open to ideas and helpful organizing menu options.

Pros

Easy to add inventory with photos on my desktop PC or from my phone with the app. I appreciate that they continue to add functionality to their website. Customer service is great!

Cons

Some of the features from a higher priced software out there. Would like to be able to add our own custom webpages for vehicle donations.

Dan

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Great option for used dealership startups

Overall great experience. For $99 the service is a bargain. US based company with domestic support. A great value.

Pros

Very easy to use. It gets the job done for small dealerships starting out. Very easy to post vehicles and software is relatively glitch free.

Cons

All of it's features are as basic as they come. When adding a vehicle, you are only able to log 1 cost for the vehicle and doesn't give you the option to add more. Just 1 cost line. CRM is very basic and does not have the ability to distinguish where the leads are coming from.

Rolando

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

My experience using Carsforsale.com

My overall experience has been great. From the personalization they provide and swift results when request a change to our site. The experience with customer service staff if effective and pleasant. Knowledgeable staff are eager to implement your ideas.

Pros

The most I like about this software is that offers a mobile app that allows you the flexibility to be effective in updating inventory selection the website carsforsale.com designed for us.

Cons

Not much I don’t like about the software. The app stays updated the functionality is as effective as it can be
The only thing I would Integrate would be Craigslist automated posting, and google plus automated posting

Grant

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

The best website and independent auto dealer advertising interface without breaking the bank.

They have been great for the 9+ years I have used them. I havnt changed and won't.

Pros

Inexpensive. User friendly, always updating. Great for posting to mass alternative websites. very good phone app to quickly upload inventory or delete it.

Cons

We lost the craigslist posting tool long ago but the rest of it still makes it great. Not many or any flaws that i am aware of.

Brian

Reviewed on 4/2/2022

Great but no Facebook messenger integration

I switched to a competitor because there I needed to be able to integrate Facebook messenger.

Pros

The price can’t be beaten. It is easy to use. Has most integrations that competitors offer at higher prices. Credit acceptance application integration

Cons

There is no Facebook messenger integration. Unable to separate leads based on salespeople assigned

Dealer Car Search

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

I continued listing my inventory on cars for sale but went with someone else to host my website
Tara

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

Great Dealership Tool

We have used this software for 4+ years and for the price it’s great.

Pros

It’s inexpensive compared to other software companies. It allows you to set up a website included with cost which is the best pro. It also connects with social media.

Cons

In general the website is not as popular as say Cars.com or Auto Trader as far as generating leads.

Danielle

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

I'm really considering switching to Carfax

When I started here five years ago, I had never sold cars before. This is the first and only software I've ever used and it's comfortable and familiar. Over the last five years the software has grown and changed in many positive and efficient ways. CFS customer service is top notch. There's never been an issue they couldn't solve for me quickly. But as your competitors grow and change, I can't help but notice there's a lot they can offer this company too. I do hope that I see more leads generated from CFS.com and more marketing campaigns in the near future. I'm rooting for you guys :)

Pros

I love the website and the customer service for the website. Very professional, easy to use and simple to update. One phone call and customer service did the rest.

The recent updates and addons in response to the pandemic are exceptional.

Text Leads - Brilliant. Works great, just wish customers utilized it more.

Mobile App - I use it all the time, especially when importing vehicles into inventory.

Cons

Lead generation is non-existent. I cannot recall the last time I got a lead from CFS.com. I never see TV commercials, social media ads, or SEO targeted ads from CFS. I don't see CFS advertise in the same capacity and frequency as competitors such as Carfax, Cars.com. If you're not consistently pulling new clients to your site to see my merchandise then what am I paying for? What is keeping me from going to Cars.com or Carfax for CRM? I feel as if I'm relying solely on my social media presence and website SEO when it was my understanding that customers could and would find our merchandise on CFS.com. Conclusion, brand recognition; get with it or get lost. Your competition is beating you and winning me over more and more everyday, especially CarFax. Not only is Carfax THE authority on car history reports, but they have impressive CRM software, awesome lead generation, top notch free marketing materials and the price is directly competing with CFS.

The recent security updates. Texting a code every time I want to review an application is tedious to say the least. Now I find myself printing applications, just so I can review them later. I never used to print, I would just open the doc in CFS. Now I'm wasting paper, which is wasting money and resources. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how serious you take protecting sensitive info, I wish there was a more efficient way to do so.

Steve

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Teresa Brewer, Co-Owner/Business Manager is responsible for getting vehicle on carsforsale.com

Since I'm, Teresa Brewer, Co-Owner/Business Manager and the only one who works with computers here at Steve's Auto Sales. I've had a great experience with carsforsale.com, with the exception of the wrong information getting to facebook. Otherwise, I enjoy working with your software and visiting with our customers regarding our vehicle. Since I'm able to type in the VIN and get the information on each vehicle I put online, ya'll have made my work so much easier. Ya'll are very helpful, especially since I have so much other paperwork to do. Thank You very much for your software and your help!

Pros

The software is easy to use for inputting information about our vehicles, especially after inputting the VIN. It's very nice to have the information for each vehicle already there, so I don't have to type in all the information. Several other important things about the software is: (1) Inventory: able to keep up with vehicles online and vehicles sold, get a printout of vehicles in inventory and vehicle sold, (2) Leads: it's great for customers to get in touch with us on a personal level to discuss the vehicle they are interested in, whether it's by phone, text, or email. (3) Social Media: it's very important to get our vehicle out to the public, therefore, social media is a great way to get the information out, so I don't have to go to each website and retype the vehicle information. (4) Tools: printables to print out which form is needed for each vehicle, (5) get reports for vehicles and (6) Contact: able to contact carsforsale.com when needed!

Cons

The only cons are having the wrong information show up after I've saved the information for a vehicle. I always check to make sure the information and price I typed in or the right information was automatically put in for the vehicle is right! I called and talked with someone at carsforsale.com and was told we cannot help what happens when it gets to facebook or another medica site. And for some reason by the time the information get to facebook the information is different or the price is different. I've tried to contact facebook about the wrong information and all I get is, I'm sorry but it's the information that was sent to us and we cannot change it. So, what do I do in a situation like this? No one seems to know the answer to this question!

matt

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Time Saver

In a nutshell carsforsale.com does exactly what you are going to want it to do. Its fairly straightforward and simple to use, allows you to manage multiple online platforms from one location, provides you with accurate and detailed information to keep you marketplace competitive, and most importantly of all it allows me to be better and more efficient, freeing up valuable time to handle the other aspects of running a car store.

Pros

Great software. At a small dealership where there are limited employees, I fill the role of buyer, salesman, finance manager, sales manager etc..... because of this having software that provides seamless integration to our website, social media sites, vendor sites, CRM and DMS is essential. Carsforsale.com does all of this and more. It allows me to accurately portray the options of our vehicles, manage the photos and promote the dealership simply by following its lead. It also shows me what my competition is doing, gives me the ability to see pictures and options that are available from other dealers in my area. Having this information makes hitting a price point that allows for a fair profit, while still moving each unit if a timely manner, and it allows me to do this with out having to look to other places to gather it.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. About the only thing i can find that I dislike is it requires email or text verification to log you in from time to time. It would be nice if I could verify a computer or device one time and not have to do it again.

Glenn

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Carsforsale.com..... Carsforsold.yes

The overall experience with carsforsale.com is superb and I realize how much effort and time I was wasting before cfs.com. With so many tools as they have here, I cannot imagine being without it. 22

Pros

Where do I begin? Here are a few out of many things I truly like about the carsforsale.com software. First the ability to post your inventory to over 400 sites allows exposure of a car dealers products and inventory unlimited number of shoppers . Next The "View Competition" button allows you to see where your vehicle stands in comparison to other cars nationwide. Another great feature is their custom overlay tool, check it out when you have a chance.

Cons

I guess if I must include my "least likes" regarding carsforsale.com I can only think of two. First, in some scenarios "not all' their tool which allows the user to add pictures to inventory selections will only add one pic at a time which can take forever. Second, At times logging in to the sight can be a chore, especially when in a rush as they have a multistage confirmation routine aspect than cannot be bypassed. Still an all around great bit of software.

leo

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

easy to use

i like it.

Pros

make sure my product is price accordingly in my market.

Cons

getting the on line videos to work and online paperwork.

DealerCenter

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

more exposure and less expensive.

DealerCenter

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

easy to learn and master.
Scott

Reviewed on 28/2/2020

Carsforsale.com is Amazing For Any Small Used Car Dealership

Overall, we have been very satisfied with our experience over the years with Carsforsale.com and would highly recommend them to other dealers. So far from using other services related to car sales, Carsforsale.com is by far the best value.

Pros

The software was very easy to use and came with quite a few useful features such as exporting to different websites, including our company's Facebook page. The lead system that is included with the software is also very useful and makes it easy to respond to leads or assign the leads to individual salespeople. The adding inventory system is very easy to add information to, upload pictures from a phone, or even allows the user to decode the VIN to autofill most of the information for the vehicle.

Cons

There were some problems with our website but the customer service representatives were very quick to help resolve our issues. It would also be nice if it was easier to change more things with our website without having to contact customer service.

Kaye

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

Great Advertising Tool!

Pros

Compared to others, this is an inexpensive way to advertise our vehicles. It allows you to advertise on Carsforsale.com, have your own personalized website, and uploads straight from our Frazer dealer software. Customer service agents have been very helpful.

Cons

Carsforsale.com may not be as popular and well-known to consumers as websites such as Cars.com, Autotrader.com, or some others. Again, great for the price though.

Brett

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

A Crucial Marketing Tool in Standing Out During a Crazy Market

I'm very pleased we set up and finally effectively utilized our Carsforsale.com account this year as we've received a wide array of new sales leads as a result, been able to get our listings boosted to the public and Google search line much quicker, and have boosted sales overall as a result.

Pros

Carsforsale.com gives my dealership the option to push our vehicle listings across Google and the rest of the internet at a rapid pace to help us generate more leads and show potential buyers the true value we provide within our inventory and reflective pricing.

Cons

I dislike how sometimes updates to our website or inventory listings can take 1-2 days to update as we receive many leads and calls daily regarding our updated inventory. It can be difficult explaining the current availability of vehicles when our websites aren't always updated within a days timeframe due to the high traffic our webpages do receive.

PAUL

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

CARS FOR SALE REVIEW

I added another location and received all the help I needed for its implementation ---at no additional cost.
Any changes I have requested have been made in a timely manner -- at no additional cost.
Every associate I have contacted has fulfilled my request in a timely manner.

Pros

Carsforsale.com is, in my evaluation, the best software available for independent automobile dealers.
It is effective -reasonably priced - and provides outstanding service.
Carsforsale.com consistently initiates improvements with no additional charges
Assistance is readily available by phone from professional , knowledgable, and courteous representatives.
This exemplary company is a role model to be emulated.

Cons

As a result of my lengthy experience with carsforsale.com, I can state, with conviction, that I have not experienced any negatives.