Carsforsale.com Reviews

About Carsforsale.com

Carsforsale.com is a cloud-based marketing solution, which helps automotive businesses manage multiple lead channels and track conversions. Its key features include document management, photo overlays, appointment scheduling and...

Browse Carsforsale.com Reviews

2,230 of 2,230 reviews
Mercedes
Mercedes

Reviewed on 8/6/2023

Love the Service!

Love the service! Easy to use and very affordable

Pros

The website and integration of third party services is great quality and included!

Cons

Would like to be able to include more BHPH reports and payment history

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

Forget the rest, go with the best!

[sensitive content hidden] and the Cars for sale team have been nothing but professional and helpful with our website and its progress. Anytime I call or get called I am greeted, and they are more than willing to help. Your employees are a critical chain in the smooth functioning machine of business. This is a team with a strong chain and [sensitive content hidden] has been a great help and solid link to the success of this company. I have nothing but great words to say about Carsforsale.com. Thank you all for your continued help and support.

Pros

Customer service is a dying breed. These people are so friendly and helpful with updates, and tuning your website to what you want. Plus they are always willing to improve and help.

Cons

That we had to go through 3 other web providers before coming across these. WIX was overpriced and i could never understand their customer service center. They are a loud call center setting with improper english speaking individuals.

Mohamed

Reviewed on 17/6/2024

Cheap and helpful

It was pretty decent so far still getting used to it and I just need the credit running feature but besides that it’s great

Pros

It’s cheap and has great customer service and a great platform

Cons

It’s new to use so I had to get used to using it but that isn’t a bad thing

Top Carsforsale.com Alternatives

KEVIN

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Carsforsale A+

Pros

Pricing, Quality, and Great Response from our Products

Cons

I really cant say anything bad about Carsforsale.com Except maybe they could advertise more so the general public knows of them.

Marion

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

Very Satisfied

Remarkable … I’ll be with Carsforsale until

Pros

Professional layout, easy to use and has everything you need one stop shop

Cons

No complaints I am very satisfied with Carsforsale

DealerCenter

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

Too complicated, no quick fix while in the middle of a deal, over priced, too AI driven no customer interaction to get results

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

I’m a small independent business, I just wanted something that could get the job done and that was not difficult to operate
Donna

Reviewed on 5/4/2024

Use of carsforsale.com

We have had a good experience with the ease of use amd the website has been great for customers' use.

Pros

The ease of use and theaccurancy of the website.

Cons

I haven't found anything as of now that i don't like

Hernan

Reviewed on 5/4/2024

Excellent web sites!

Pros

The website build are really professional.

Cons

not as many leads as I would like but im a growing dealer.

Angela

Reviewed on 11/6/2024

Carsforsale.com Review

Pros

Site is easy to use. Set up was simple.

Cons

Photo uploading from other site doesn't always work properly.

Curt
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/6/2024

Zero leads or calls,,,,,waiting for a refund

Just cancel membership and give me a refund

Pros

The site looks professional, the results are worthless. Seriously, no calls, website says o inquiries

Cons

Just cancel membership and give me a refund

Joao

Reviewed on 17/6/2024

Didn't generate leads enough

Pros

If you need a cheap software to bill out, that's the way to go.

Cons

No leads enough generated................

Darrin

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Do you actually care?

Pros

The cost is fair for what you do. Your service is better then most. But you have made so many changes it not user friendly

Cons

You have made so many changes in the system for the worse in ease of use. Really it’s to the point of dropping you

The requirements for a code to pull a credit app for my team is frankly a pain in the add. There has to be an easier way.

Our ability to push to Facebook or market place always glitches for some reason.

On your mobile user face your designers put message for more info before the info for the car which creates a lot of waisted interaction and key board shoppers. Really that was stupid I can believe someone actually approved that.

Rolando

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

My experience using Carsforsale.com

My overall experience has been great. From the personalization they provide and swift results when request a change to our site. The experience with customer service staff if effective and pleasant. Knowledgeable staff are eager to implement your ideas.

Pros

The most I like about this software is that offers a mobile app that allows you the flexibility to be effective in updating inventory selection the website carsforsale.com designed for us.

Cons

Not much I don’t like about the software. The app stays updated the functionality is as effective as it can be
The only thing I would Integrate would be Craigslist automated posting, and google plus automated posting

Gerardo

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Awesome Product

The software integrates with everyone and it has been great. We have never had an issue.

Pros

Easy to use, and easy to roll out to the team. One of the most reliable software/websites I have ever used.

Cons

CRM portion is a little difficult to navigate at first.

Casey

Reviewed on 15/3/2021

Carsforsale.com Review

A FEW MINOR BUMPS ALONG THE WAY BUT IVE ALWAYS BEEN OVERALL HAPPY WITH CFS. I WOULD DEFINETYLY RECCOMEND TO SMALL DEALERS

Pros

EASY TO USE
CFS PAID ATTENTION TO THE MINOR DERTAILS FOR THE APP THAT MATTER FOR TIME MANAGEMENT( ID DINT REALLY NOTICE UNTIL I COMPARED TO A COMPETITORS APP.

Cons

FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE ADS ARE GENERIC, THEY DO NOT LIST IMPORTANT INFORMATION LIKE DRIVETRAIN OR TRANSMISSION TYPE
FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE ADS HAVE BUGS AND SOMETIMES DONT GET UPLOADED

Dealer Car Search

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

IVE ALWAYS HAD CFS BUT DECIDED TO TRY DCS AT A BETTER MONTHLY RATE. THE ONLY POINT DCS HAD BETTER THAN CFS IS FACEBOOK.
Saad

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

Not too many leads compare to CarGurus and truecars etc

Average

Pros

Website is good
It has good features
Nice design

Cons

Not too many leads compare to compatitorers

DealerCenter

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

Just to try if this makes any difference seems other than I,ll get a website not a difference at all

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

I'm still not sold on this but want to give more time
Danielle

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

I'm really considering switching to Carfax

When I started here five years ago, I had never sold cars before. This is the first and only software I've ever used and it's comfortable and familiar. Over the last five years the software has grown and changed in many positive and efficient ways. CFS customer service is top notch. There's never been an issue they couldn't solve for me quickly. But as your competitors grow and change, I can't help but notice there's a lot they can offer this company too. I do hope that I see more leads generated from CFS.com and more marketing campaigns in the near future. I'm rooting for you guys :)

Pros

I love the website and the customer service for the website. Very professional, easy to use and simple to update. One phone call and customer service did the rest.

The recent updates and addons in response to the pandemic are exceptional.

Text Leads - Brilliant. Works great, just wish customers utilized it more.

Mobile App - I use it all the time, especially when importing vehicles into inventory.

Cons

Lead generation is non-existent. I cannot recall the last time I got a lead from CFS.com. I never see TV commercials, social media ads, or SEO targeted ads from CFS. I don't see CFS advertise in the same capacity and frequency as competitors such as Carfax, Cars.com. If you're not consistently pulling new clients to your site to see my merchandise then what am I paying for? What is keeping me from going to Cars.com or Carfax for CRM? I feel as if I'm relying solely on my social media presence and website SEO when it was my understanding that customers could and would find our merchandise on CFS.com. Conclusion, brand recognition; get with it or get lost. Your competition is beating you and winning me over more and more everyday, especially CarFax. Not only is Carfax THE authority on car history reports, but they have impressive CRM software, awesome lead generation, top notch free marketing materials and the price is directly competing with CFS.

The recent security updates. Texting a code every time I want to review an application is tedious to say the least. Now I find myself printing applications, just so I can review them later. I never used to print, I would just open the doc in CFS. Now I'm wasting paper, which is wasting money and resources. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how serious you take protecting sensitive info, I wish there was a more efficient way to do so.

matt

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Time Saver

In a nutshell carsforsale.com does exactly what you are going to want it to do. Its fairly straightforward and simple to use, allows you to manage multiple online platforms from one location, provides you with accurate and detailed information to keep you marketplace competitive, and most importantly of all it allows me to be better and more efficient, freeing up valuable time to handle the other aspects of running a car store.

Pros

Great software. At a small dealership where there are limited employees, I fill the role of buyer, salesman, finance manager, sales manager etc..... because of this having software that provides seamless integration to our website, social media sites, vendor sites, CRM and DMS is essential. Carsforsale.com does all of this and more. It allows me to accurately portray the options of our vehicles, manage the photos and promote the dealership simply by following its lead. It also shows me what my competition is doing, gives me the ability to see pictures and options that are available from other dealers in my area. Having this information makes hitting a price point that allows for a fair profit, while still moving each unit if a timely manner, and it allows me to do this with out having to look to other places to gather it.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. About the only thing i can find that I dislike is it requires email or text verification to log you in from time to time. It would be nice if I could verify a computer or device one time and not have to do it again.

Chase

Reviewed on 24/3/2022

An excellent, inexpensive service for new and small independent dealerships, but needs changes

We love CFS because it's extremely reliable and gives us everything that we need all in one place; however, as we have grown as a dealership, we feel that we have outgrown the restrictions provided by the service and need a more responsive, controllable CRM and website.

Pros

We love the fact the CarsForSale is seamlessly integrated with our DMS. We never have any problems whatsoever with the product functioning the way that it is intended to function and it's an easy, lightweight way to present our inventory to customers.

Cons

The fact that we don't have control over our own HTML. I understand that this would be a nightmare for the programming team, but this is a severe headache and the reason that we have to seriously consider severing ties with CFS even though everything else is easy to use and has served us quite well. The template is too restrictive for us to present ourselves professionally as a staple in our local market and we often cannot wait 3-5 business days for changes to be implemented. Additionally, there are changes that we have submitted that have never been changed. Ultimately, more control over our website and closer partnership with the programming team would be phenomenal for us.

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Chase, thank you for your feedback. Our support team makes website updates on your behalf to ensure that your website remains functional and user-friendly. Please give us a call at (866) 388-9778 if you have any additional questions!

Replied 28/3/2022
Cameron

Reviewed on 6/7/2023

30 years plus dealership

I’ve had an excellent experience for cars for sale

Pros

I have been with cars for sale for over a decade. The value for the money is incredible. The support team is always there and helpful. I love how I can ask for customization on my website.

Cons

I have been with a Cars For Sale for over a decade, and the biggest issue is they rarely update any features. All the features are original to win their first debuted it and need updating. It would be nice if the Facebook posting tool would automatically do it and I don’t have to schedule it. Just let it pick a random vehicle daily and post it. All of the teachers should be updated regularly.

Dealer Car Search

The price
Jerry

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Review of Carsforsale.com

I appreciate the inventory listing and the picture borders . I do however wish we could write our own descriptions to be more fact or comfortable to read when going to place on facebook or even the ads in the inventory section as they are very dry . Once we verified info an d such it would be nice to be able to have a synopsis in real language in stead of what the site currently generates. As for the picture borders I wish there was a way to be able to captur them for use elsewhere in other ads.

Pros

I believe the program is rather easy to use and seems responsive to the needs of the dealership . Easy to get personal contact if needed and ery helpful personnel.

Cons

I am ok with the software but believe it should intice more information from the customer such as ready to buy , just looking, comparing, etc. When I get a lead I respond really quick and in most cases within a minute or so. Yet even with quick response times and diligent follow up emails I must say that to have only captured a couple of sales is disappointing. It may be us , the clients, or how the program filters leads . I get so much more response from my own Facebook ads than from the program . I very rarely get a response to my emails to the lead . Maybe it is me but really would like more responses.

Pete

Reviewed on 27/3/2024

Carsforsale is best platform for dealer website and search engine

Superb
I have had a great experience...been with carsforsale for about 15 years

Pros

You can't beat the price ! What your get for the price is an easy simplified website which is easy to manage

Cons

I really don't have an answer for that
I like everything about it

William

Reviewed on 9/5/2023

Easy to use & Inexpensive for start-ups

We mainly use it for the website, inventory & finance applications. Great support teams in every Dept, depending on what your issue is.

Pros

Dealer Website & the support team that set it up. Price is the best we've seen.

Cons

No real CRM capabilities at all; it's more of a Hub for leads & finance applications.

Frazer , Dealertrack DMS and DealerCenter

Pricing
Scott

Reviewed on 28/2/2020

Carsforsale.com is Amazing For Any Small Used Car Dealership

Overall, we have been very satisfied with our experience over the years with Carsforsale.com and would highly recommend them to other dealers. So far from using other services related to car sales, Carsforsale.com is by far the best value.

Pros

The software was very easy to use and came with quite a few useful features such as exporting to different websites, including our company's Facebook page. The lead system that is included with the software is also very useful and makes it easy to respond to leads or assign the leads to individual salespeople. The adding inventory system is very easy to add information to, upload pictures from a phone, or even allows the user to decode the VIN to autofill most of the information for the vehicle.

Cons

There were some problems with our website but the customer service representatives were very quick to help resolve our issues. It would also be nice if it was easier to change more things with our website without having to contact customer service.

Cory

Reviewed on 30/7/2020

Good Overall Product for Small Dealerships

I have used Carsforsale.com at the last two dealerships I worked at and have been using it for over 6 years now. It is a good product for the size dealerships I was running and never considered switching to a more complete solution, price is excellent and keeps us here!

Pros

It is inexpensive and implements all the features you need to get a small dealership going and growing!

Cons

Websites need to be more customizable and need to implement a better solution for dealers that have more than one location

Frazer and Dealer Car Search

Price mainly
Jim

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

CarsForSale.com is our primary business partner for success

Pros

We've been using CarsForSale.com as our used car web host and primary listing site since we opened for business in 2013. We've reviewed many potential providers but we really like the value, customer service and ease of doing business with CarsForSale.com. They have a terrific overall product at a great price while still delivering personalized customer care and customized solutions. We also like their performance and reliability. Special kudos to two people at CarsForSale.com who have always treated us like we are their most important client - Anita and Zion.

Cons

The few things we liked least about using CarsForSale.com software have been updated/changed - for instance, they recently converted us to mobile-friendly responsive and have added more helpful tools like overlays, nicer screen views, reporting and online materials. Right now, there isn't anything we don't like about the software.