Carsforsale.com Reviews

About Carsforsale.com

Carsforsale.com is a cloud-based marketing solution, which helps automotive businesses manage multiple lead channels and track conversions. Its key features include document management, photo overlays, appointment scheduling and...

Browse Carsforsale.com Reviews

2,165 of 2,165 reviews
Mercedes
Mercedes

Reviewed on 8/6/2023

Love the Service!

Love the service! Easy to use and very affordable

Pros

The website and integration of third party services is great quality and included!

Cons

Would like to be able to include more BHPH reports and payment history

Julie

Reviewed on 18/4/2023

Everything needed for a small or large dealership

Carsforsale has become crucial in advertising our inventory and facilitating ease of paperwork. We tried another product for a few months who promised better features, we were very disappointed and quickly came back to carsforale. Highly recommend.

Pros

I have worked with the Carsforsale.com software for well over 10 years. The Flat Fee pricing is perfect! With so many additional expenses in this world, it is nice to have some consistency. The Website that integrates our Inventory and Customer management is always reliable and consistent.

Cons

The paperwork printing needs some work, customers phone numbers do not transfer over, and having a Bill of Sale with more details would be nice. We like that it is customizable, and we can make it work for any specific need, ie adding lienholder information, customer notes and description of fees.

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Website and paperwork were simpler easier to use
STEVE

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Great Tool

whenever I call in for help, I am able to resolve my issue. Usually is just user error!

Pros

Easy to add inventory and check on VINs. Great for uploading pictures as they are formatted as the best format needed for the website.

Cons

integration with Craigslist and Marketplace could use some work

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

Dealer Car Search is not as well known so when searching the internet, my stuff didn't show up as readily as Cars for Sale

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Better exposure on the internet

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Steve, our customer service team tried reaching out to you but, unfortunately, we weren't able to catch you. If you get a chance, please give us a call back to discuss some of our tools to help you leverage them for the maximum amount of leads possible. Give us a call at (866) 388-9778 and we'll walk you through next steps with our integrations.

Replied 15/11/2019

Top Carsforsale.com Alternatives

Bruno

Reviewed on 5/12/2023

Car dealer web page

Pros

Value and ease of use as well as being cloud based

Cons

Not a mobile site which makes it difficult to navigate on your cell ohine

Joe

Reviewed on 18/4/2023

Great quality and customer service at a very affordable price.

I'm a very happy customer.

Pros

The price can't be beat for the features and great customer service.

Cons

Ability to edit/make changes to website content yourself.

Matthew

Reviewed on 26/4/2023

I love Carsforsale

Great

Pros

Price, ease of use. Great product. No complaints

Cons

N/A I like it all. No issues what so ever.

JOEL

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Great service for small dealers

Pros

Like the fact that it keeps purchase and sold history and being able to run a history report on vehicles is also very nice.

Cons

I haven't had any unpleasant situations that I can think of

Shannon

Reviewed on 16/8/2023

Couldn’t do it without you

Easy

Pros

Invaluable resource, help to keep website updated and enjoy the tools for history and value

Cons

No real draw back, At least none the I have found

Demitri

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Best company to use for independent dealers

Pros

How easy it was to get started up , from website design to adding and managing inventory. A person is always on staff to answer questions your questions.

Cons

There is nothing bad I can say about cars for sale.com they have met all
My expectations in starting up our business

Lori

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

User friendly & effective

Over all great experience. Keeps it simple so less time is spent on uploading and populating

Pros

The ease of use throughout the platform. Allows for efficient time spent

Cons

The ability to quickly adjust the photos

Abby
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 19/1/2024

Great Value and Customer Service

Pros

As an outside consultant I had not worked in carsforsale.com before. After talking to the client, I was surprised at how inexpensive the platform was and it took care of all of their needs really well. When some pages were not available, they contacted the team and they added the pages for them on the site.

Cons

Some SEO features are not available or easily accessible. In trying to improve organic ranking I was surprised at how the site was not as editable as I had hoped.

Kyle

Reviewed on 21/8/2023

Used car Dealer

Pros

access to my web site and pictures down loading to cars for sale and wy web site in 1 easy step.

Cons

make it eaiser to connect to social media

Connor

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Cars For Sale Overview

Overall, I love CFS. It is very easy to use and navigate. All the features are great and can be very helpful to anybody especially those who are just starting out in this business. Anybody new here I would definitely recommend this software. I don't see us switching to anybody else. Why would we?

Pros

Cars for sale does a lot of things right. It is very easy to use and navigate. I haven't really found myself "stuck" or looking for something for 10 minutes. Lead tracking and inventory management are probably used daily. We love them here and will not switch to any other provider.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to see CFS do different would be website customization. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to make changes myself rather than email in and have them do it.

Dan

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Great option for used dealership startups

Overall great experience. For $99 the service is a bargain. US based company with domestic support. A great value.

Pros

Very easy to use. It gets the job done for small dealerships starting out. Very easy to post vehicles and software is relatively glitch free.

Cons

All of it's features are as basic as they come. When adding a vehicle, you are only able to log 1 cost for the vehicle and doesn't give you the option to add more. Just 1 cost line. CRM is very basic and does not have the ability to distinguish where the leads are coming from.

Brian

Reviewed on 4/2/2022

Great but no Facebook messenger integration

I switched to a competitor because there I needed to be able to integrate Facebook messenger.

Pros

The price can’t be beaten. It is easy to use. Has most integrations that competitors offer at higher prices. Credit acceptance application integration

Cons

There is no Facebook messenger integration. Unable to separate leads based on salespeople assigned

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

I continued listing my inventory on cars for sale but went with someone else to host my website
Samantha

Reviewed on 7/12/2021

Highly Recommend

I really enjoy the program. I know we don't use it to the full potential but there is a lot of value in it.

Pros

Carsforsale makes it very easy to manage and market inventory in just a few easy steps. Very user friendly that makes training on the program easy, as well.

Cons

We have had to call people about fixing a few things for us that we couldn't do manually but other than that, they did complete what we were asking for.

Raptor Visitor Management

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

The cost was lower for the things it could do.
Tara

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

Great Dealership Tool

We have used this software for 4+ years and for the price it’s great.

Pros

It’s inexpensive compared to other software companies. It allows you to set up a website included with cost which is the best pro. It also connects with social media.

Cons

In general the website is not as popular as say Cars.com or Auto Trader as far as generating leads.

Danielle

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

I'm really considering switching to Carfax

When I started here five years ago, I had never sold cars before. This is the first and only software I've ever used and it's comfortable and familiar. Over the last five years the software has grown and changed in many positive and efficient ways. CFS customer service is top notch. There's never been an issue they couldn't solve for me quickly. But as your competitors grow and change, I can't help but notice there's a lot they can offer this company too. I do hope that I see more leads generated from CFS.com and more marketing campaigns in the near future. I'm rooting for you guys :)

Pros

I love the website and the customer service for the website. Very professional, easy to use and simple to update. One phone call and customer service did the rest.

The recent updates and addons in response to the pandemic are exceptional.

Text Leads - Brilliant. Works great, just wish customers utilized it more.

Mobile App - I use it all the time, especially when importing vehicles into inventory.

Cons

Lead generation is non-existent. I cannot recall the last time I got a lead from CFS.com. I never see TV commercials, social media ads, or SEO targeted ads from CFS. I don't see CFS advertise in the same capacity and frequency as competitors such as Carfax, Cars.com. If you're not consistently pulling new clients to your site to see my merchandise then what am I paying for? What is keeping me from going to Cars.com or Carfax for CRM? I feel as if I'm relying solely on my social media presence and website SEO when it was my understanding that customers could and would find our merchandise on CFS.com. Conclusion, brand recognition; get with it or get lost. Your competition is beating you and winning me over more and more everyday, especially CarFax. Not only is Carfax THE authority on car history reports, but they have impressive CRM software, awesome lead generation, top notch free marketing materials and the price is directly competing with CFS.

The recent security updates. Texting a code every time I want to review an application is tedious to say the least. Now I find myself printing applications, just so I can review them later. I never used to print, I would just open the doc in CFS. Now I'm wasting paper, which is wasting money and resources. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how serious you take protecting sensitive info, I wish there was a more efficient way to do so.

matt

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Time Saver

In a nutshell carsforsale.com does exactly what you are going to want it to do. Its fairly straightforward and simple to use, allows you to manage multiple online platforms from one location, provides you with accurate and detailed information to keep you marketplace competitive, and most importantly of all it allows me to be better and more efficient, freeing up valuable time to handle the other aspects of running a car store.

Pros

Great software. At a small dealership where there are limited employees, I fill the role of buyer, salesman, finance manager, sales manager etc..... because of this having software that provides seamless integration to our website, social media sites, vendor sites, CRM and DMS is essential. Carsforsale.com does all of this and more. It allows me to accurately portray the options of our vehicles, manage the photos and promote the dealership simply by following its lead. It also shows me what my competition is doing, gives me the ability to see pictures and options that are available from other dealers in my area. Having this information makes hitting a price point that allows for a fair profit, while still moving each unit if a timely manner, and it allows me to do this with out having to look to other places to gather it.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. About the only thing i can find that I dislike is it requires email or text verification to log you in from time to time. It would be nice if I could verify a computer or device one time and not have to do it again.

onofrio

Reviewed on 4/10/2023

I have been a client of carsforsale.com for the last several years and I have enjoyed their...

in one word "exceptional"

Pros

Although I have been a client of carsforsale.com for several years I have never used the full potential of what they offer until now. Everything I need to conduct my used car business is at my disposal and easy to use. My rep [sensitive content hidden] is always available to answer any question I may have and assist me promptly. Their support team is amazing and resolved issues that were way over my head. I like to recommend carsforsale.com to any dealer....thank you for being the best in your support field

Cons

I have relied on other people in my dealership in the past to do the job that I am now doing. They always made it look as if it was difficult to execute the various functions available to them and that is the reason that I never knew, and that I know now, how easy carsforsale.com program is to navigate. I do not think that anything needs any change but I have a lot more to exploring to do.

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Feedback

Pros

Speed, Easy of Use, Economical. The platform gives you a lot for the price.

Cons

SEO tools could improve or even been offered as a premium service. I feel SEO could be more powerful.

Dealer.com

Affordability

Dealer.com

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Platform was the overall best option.
leo

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

easy to use

i like it.

Pros

make sure my product is price accordingly in my market.

Cons

getting the on line videos to work and online paperwork.

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

more exposure and less expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

easy to learn and master.
Mike

Reviewed on 4/11/2022

Excellent CRM

My experience with Carsforsale over the past 3+ years Overall has been fantastic I would not use a different CRM and have recommeded It to other colleagues in the auto industry

Pros

Cars for sale CRM is very easy to use very user friendly ith a lot of tools at your disposal From inventory reports to designing your website And many other helpful tools too many to list but they really do have it all figured out I've been using the CRM for over 3 years now and I've been in the car industry for 30 plus years and it is truly one of the best I've ever worked with. And most importantly customer support is spot on.

Cons

Off the top of my head there are only a couple of things that are a little glitchy like the photo overlay doesn't apply sometimes The Facebook interface is a little tricky And I would like to be able to go in and edit a Vin number when you 1st enter it if there is an incorrect digit you have to Delete that vehicle and start over other than that As I said everything is pretty spot on

Aubrie

Reviewed on 21/4/2022

Bad business

I have been using cars for sale through various dealers over the past few years. I finally started my own account and ended up getting canceled “shut down” My entire website I work so hard to build. I lost a lot of customers in the process trying to find a new company to support my needs and be honest. I was extremely upset how I was handled by the company it’s unfortunate Carsforsale.com has always been my number one recommendation for any dealer starting up until l lost everything actually Carsforsale.com took my payment for the month and then canceled me not allowing me to retrieve any of my information from the website At the time...
I have set up multiple accounts with carsforsale.com that are still open to this day, so your welcome however I would never refer anyone to you guys ever again.

Pros

It was very user friendly easy to navigate

Cons

I feel like there could have been a appointment scheduler or tracker. Something quick & easy to book clients from page. Text templates

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi, Aubrie. It appears your account may have been proactively canceled due to inactivity. Our team would love to speak with you about your experience and discuss your website. Please give us a call at (866) 388-9778.

Replied 13/5/2022
William

Reviewed on 9/5/2023

Easy to use & Inexpensive for start-ups

We mainly use it for the website, inventory & finance applications. Great support teams in every Dept, depending on what your issue is.

Pros

Dealer Website & the support team that set it up. Price is the best we've seen.

Cons

No real CRM capabilities at all; it's more of a Hub for leads & finance applications.

Frazer, Dealertrack DMS and DealerCenter