Streak Reviews

About Streak

Streak is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution that helps small to large enterprises manage projects and fundraising campaigns via Gmail. Users can automatically receive task details in the inbox and sort...

Browse Streak Reviews

Romy
Romy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 13/8/2018

Personalized Email Blast? Streak is the man!

This is the best platform so far out there that I've used in terms of sending emails, managing emails, and tracking the open rate and the acceptance rate of my emails.

You can also schedule an email sending time using Streak which is pretty awesome!

Pros

I've been in the recruiting field for more than two years now, and it has been a bottleneck for me sending emails outside of our candidate database. I usually do this whenever I need to update the candidates regarding next steps, and also if they have been turned down by the client after our presentation call with them.

What I usually do before is to send each candidate an email even if the context is just the same. This dilemma has been resolved by Streak! I was able to maintain the personal connection atmosphere with my candidates with the use of just a few seconds. All you need to do is to put the details of the candidate plus any personalized matter you want to add in the email context on a csv comma delimited excel sheet.

One more good thing about Streak is that you can schedule when an email should be sent. You can also monitor the acceptance and the open rate of your emails via Streak. Truly, Streak is the best platform for sending and email management.

Cons

I really don't have negative experience with Streak! I really love how the platform helped me do my job responsibilities without compromising human touch. Maybe this message is a sort of recommendation. I hope they can upgrade their system so that they too will upgrade to an applicant tracking system. If that time come, I will propose this to our company since I know Streak will help us in driving great ROI, and client engagements.

Reviewed on 13/1/2020

Everything for free

We were looking for email tracking. Categorising emails based on conversations. Only thing is streak would integrate every email of the customer in a single thread. Though it is a great advantage, sometimes the feature has downsides too. We need to sit and pre edit and then send email to our customer.

Pros

It's very difficult to get any tool for free and streak does it with no strings attached. Now you can easily track emails and send attachments via streak. Best part of streak being you can integrate it with gmail and easily classify them.
The eye icon is exciting and turns green when a person has opened his or her email. I like the fact you can categoris data.

Cons

It occupies entire Gmail. UI can be a bit better.
Like I need to scroll to see how many opens have been made by clicking the eye icon.
No other cons so far.

Hunter

Reasons for Choosing Streak

Looked at a free crm tool to track emails and also integrate my customers emails and not just look at Gmail separately and track customer conversation and data in a different window.

Freshsales

Reasons for Switching to Streak

We were only looking at free tools as we did not have a budget. Streak came as a blessing in disguise. It was suggested by another colleague.
Aldo

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Support INEXISTENT

We are on a paid "Pro" plan and spend over 5.000USD per year for Streak. We are not talking the free plan - for free is a good tool (but limited to personal use and basic features).
Probably all the good reviews come from free users.
We are cloud software developers, so understand the technicalities and if we raise a question is always well described. But we NEVER get a competent answer, in the last case it took 13 days and three nonsense one-line semi-automatic reply to discover that the Streak "support" person did not even know that streak.readme.io is not just documentation to read, but is supposed to be interactive, you can test your API there, but it does not work and they don't bother. You can test this yourself, just try to use streak.readme.io...

Pros

easy to use and setup, integration with Gmail, but it' a toy

Cons

Support is completely inexistent, they do not answer AT ALL or send canned answers without any brain in them. We are on a paid Pro plan and we have been consistently experiencing this problem for one year. Going to appoint a lawyer to get our money back.

Top Streak Alternatives

Luis

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Importance of the email traking

Pros

On the business, the email tracking is very important. To know it the clients reads your email is everything

Cons

For now everything is working for me, simple and productive

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 30/5/2021

An excellent CRM for multiple business management from your Gmail inbox

We can follow multiple businesses and operations from within Gmail, despite how challenging it becomes to distinguish emails.

Pros

1. No need to leave your email front-end to manage your customer interactions
2. You can customize stages and pipelines in any way you want - no limitations on pipelines
3. Easy to enter meeting and call notes
4. Easy to select the case box from each email
5. Read receipts for Gmail - Extremely Useful!

Cons

1. Colour-coding to distinguish emails and stages does not work when you have many cases in the same stage/colour.
2. It becomes very slow if you are having many emails tagged
3. It does not load the pipelines quickly and it takes time to refresh

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

1. Easy to use 2. Gmail open and read receipts!
Bart
Bart
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

Live in gmail all day? This is the tool for you

Used it for over 2 years and absolutely loved it. The fact that I needed a more powerfull solution beyond tracking mails towards deal flow follow-up, chat embeds, forms etc made us look for a total solution. As a starter however, the solution was just fine.

Pros

1) Gmail first...
Activate the plugin and it just works, right where you need it: inside Gmail. Not having to move between windows or different tools makes it a big benefit to use Streak over others. It works with labels, provides direct & clear insights in your mailbox.

2) Collaboration... in gmail
We used Streak as a team. Sharing is easy as all mails are shared over 'boxes'.

Cons

1) lack of an evenly good mobile solution
They have an app that 'works', but it is not at the same level as their desktop gmail experience.

2) lack of featuers
No sequences were the major reason to stop using Streak.

Salesflare and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

We now use Hubspot, but back then it was too feature-packed. Salesflare was back then less integrated with gmail, so we opted for Streak.
Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 14/2/2024

Incredibly useful CRM that integrates into Gmail

Overall, Streak is a simple, but useful CRM solution that seamlessly integrates into Gmail. This service is helpful for getting any startup off the ground by helping to organize and manage leads in straightforward way.

Pros

I love that Streak integrates seamlessly into my Gmail inbox. I always keep a tab open for Gmail on my desktop so my CRM is readily available. Streak is so easy to setup and works great for organizing both my personal and professional life. I use Streak to setup pipelines for managing hundreds of contacts across different functions such as sales, affiliate partnerships, vendors, and more. The contact management aspect is highly customizable to capture as much info as needed and the paid plans scale to fit my growing needs.

Cons

I wish the free plan allowed more features and flexibility. This would have been particularly useful when my number of boxes / contacts were growing and I needed to test shared / collaborative features more thoroughly for onboarding early hires.

Caitlyn
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

LOVE this product!

Pros

The ease to add and track leads within your pipeline is great! You can easily and quickly update your contacts! The email reminders are great as well!

Cons

I wish that when you enter a follow up date on the main screen it would automatically set the email reminder instead of going into the contact. (However this could be a user error)

Clayton

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

A Very Useful Product

Pros

I enjoy and prefer to use Streak in my email campaigns for monitoring email deliveries and opens.

Cons

There are no negatives that I can think of at this time.

Shreya
Shreya

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Seamless Integration with Gmail to track Read emails

Pros

It gives a complete trail of interaction with the sent email, which was very helpful when I was in Sales and wanted to track how interested different potential clients could be

Cons

CRM was a bit tricky so maybe that can be made easier to work for a newbie

Kamlesh
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM.

Overall experience has been great and it has been a life saver. A lot could be improved though like automating the workflow of adding leads from emails, auto reminding about contacting leads.

Streak has features on the free version, which no other crm has (in our knowledge) llike mail merge for your leads, magic columns, clean interface needing very little training, email integrated. Its a blessing!

Pros

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM, particularly small businesses that work on gmail. It has a clean excel like interface & they developed an App and gave it in free version very early on.

It is something every self employed must use and can use. It is a no brainer, goto CRM, compared to all other CRMs out there. We evaluated many CRMs 10 years back, when we first started with Streak.

Cons

For a small company to get onto the paid version, the starting plan is a little expensive for small team. They should make it cheap for upto 3 employees, so a lot more small companies can afford it.

They limit upto 50 boxes for leads on free version, that is a little too less, because not all leads are able to convert. With a little ads, you actually get a lot of leads, so a minute of 100 leads should be allowed.

Also on the free plan, they don't allow you to share the pipeline with someone above 50 leads, they should allow to share with tleast 1 employee so that it doesn't cripple a small biz and they dont' go hunting for a new crm.

Streak doesn't have good videos to boot-up a new customer quickly.

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

Personalized email? Try Streak, and you'll never go unnoticed!

I was able to sent emails to a lot of people but helped me not sound robotic and general because it lets me modify variables that I want to populate in the emails by just merely putting it in an excel csv file. Who says being personalized in email correspondences is a bottle? Well, they haven't installed or used Streak!

Pros

As a part-time resume editor, and a full-time workforce planner, I need to email a lot of clients. Emailing them takes so much time even if the emails are just the same, and I just need to edit one or two words in the message I will be sending them. Before, it took me a great deal of time wasted doing it one by one, but because of Streak, it made it easy for me now!

I can now email 100 people in just one click and one email template, but you will not sound robotic because it lets you modify some variables you want to populate by just editing it in one .csv excel file!

Streak also helped me keep track of my senders. It provides me the information if the person I sent the email already opened the message once or twice. This helps me to know whom to follow up or whom I need to call because they haven't opened my email which saves so much time for me!

Cons

I am using a work email powered by Gmail, and sometimes whenever I clear my cookies and cache, the Streak extension crashes and I need to rerun it. If I am using a different computer, I need to rerun it too again. It is not that time consuming, but I hope they can find solution to that so that it will be sync on all computers that I am using and only needs me to run it once per device.

Becky
Becky
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 19/3/2018

This CRM fits into Gmail, you dpn't have to try to fit Gmail into your CRM

This product has enabled me to keep all my emails and attachments related to a project in one place and allows me to track the progress of a project from start to finish.

Pros

Neatly keeps all emails and attachments related to a client in one place. The Sidebar makes it easy to, at a glance get all the customized information you need when you open an email related to the client.

Cons

The cost. Inability to customize fields for contacts & companies including a photo field. Unable to nest records like an account that has several sub accounts and different contacts for each one and each one having different projects and project tasks for each etc. You cannot choose fields for just contact records, account records, opportunities, projects or tasks without having to create several pipelines for each type of record. If you do create several pipelines for each type of record you are not able to pull fields from one pipeline to have it display in another pipeline. For the price, you can get a full CRM system that can be customized for the way you work. If the price was lower I could give this product a good rating for being a simple CRM to track your emails and attachments related to a contact and track pipeline progress.

Ben

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

How did I ever use Gmail without it.

Streak is just great. If you write a lot of emails, it's a great solution to stay organized and productive.

Pros

Streak is so much more powerful than any other email organization solution I've ever used. There are 3 main components of Streak that I find most useful.

First, the pipeline system is a very easy way to keep email conversations organized. I like that you can customize parameters for each pipeline, which means you can use it for just about any sort of communication flow, both internal and external to your organization. Sales leads, partnership requests, even legal/financial review are all easily handled by pipelines

Second, I like the integration with different productivity apps like Asana and Google Drive. This is a simple feature, yes, but the ability to enter data/tasks into other platforms all from my inbox saves an appreciable amount of time.

Third, the email task manager in Streak is also pretty robust. Being able to set priority, make labels and reminders, tag items, and sort by different variables is just fantastic. I really like that these entries live my inbox, so I don't have to use my main task manager with dozens of tiny email tasks.

Cons

I really do not have much practical criticism of Streak. However, if I had to choose one thing that could be improved it would be the visual design. The iconography, colors, fonts, and other UI elements do not seamlessly match Gmail's default design language, which means I can always tell what is and is not Streak. This does not interfere with usability or efficiency of Streak, but it would be nice if everything was visually seamless. I think that would make the user experience much nicer.

Mauricio Alexander
Mauricio Alexander

Reviewed on 15/6/2018

Always keep up to date and happy your customers with this excellent service

It is excellent to improve the way in which customers are handled, to automate the mails and to handle the information, it brings many useful tools that will allow you to give a better attention to your clients and project your product.

Pros

When we are in the career of creating software on our own, and we want to project to more people, make our product known and keep customers that we already have, it is necessary to have a quality CRM, the most known that exist are very expensive, but here comes Streak, is an excellent service offered by Google that works with your gmail and is Free !, if free, an excellent service that allows you to manage your customers, offering first-class features, with contact addresses, sales operations and even management of promotions, this is a perfect CRM for a freelance since it works with a tool known by us as it is gmail, so it will be quick to implement and remove its benefits, with it we can be in contact with our customers, send mail to everyone at specific scheduled times, warn of contracts, promotions or status of the products we sold to them, keep them up to date with the advances of for example web pages or system s that we are building, there are many advantages of this service that you must try since they are of immense utility.

Cons

It is a CRM of a certain basic form, it does not have the potentials of the CRM of a higher cost but it is an excellent option if you are starting and you need to bring order to your client portfolio.

Phil
Phil
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/6/2017

It makes gmail a really strong solution for a small business

Pros

I have used CRM in different guises for years. When I started my own business I looked around and tried many different packages. The trouble with many of them is they didn't work natively in my Gmail package.
Streak works within Gmail so I don't have to think too hard. It simple to associate emails to any contact/prospect and find them if I ever need to. I can sort out my inbox within a few minutes which means I never have more than one screen of emails at any one time.
The ability to archive emails and find them easily makes Streak a really productive tool.

Cons

I'd like the ability to associate an email with multiple contacts/prospects. It's a wish rather than a need as I've used the free version successfully for more than 2 years and would hate to be without it!

Kristina

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

How Gmail should be for everyone

I can't imagine gmail without streak. I use the features daily and they improve my workflow immensely. Their support team is great.

Pros

The features here are so, so smart that Gmail is now adopting some of them for all. Snooze for instance. I use snippets for everything I have multiple piplines - they are flexible and intuitive to use - you could be planning a wedding or getting angel investors or in our case- matching landowners with local farmers. I am the only one (of two employees) who uses Streak but if I was in a team environment I would prize that feature. Bottom line: Gmail is the best email and Streak makes it even better

Cons

It sometimes signs out and I have to re-sign in to my gmail to make it work. I have spent no time trying to fix this and I'm sure it is simple to do.

Madeline
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

Streak has been a great add-on to my current capabilities, and I can't imagine doing without...

I've used Streak for the past 2 years or so. As an Account Manager in public relations, I needed a way to reliably and easily track who was actually checking out my sent messages, and who was most likely to respond well to my email campaigns. Ever since then, Streak has been completely adopted into my workflow, and I absolutely can't do without it!

Pros

I love that there's an easy way to track who checks messages I've sent out over account emails. In my role, this is an essential piece, and Streak makes it incredibly easy and convenient to track my leads and contacts over time.

Cons

Streak is almost a little *too embedded, as in it's so sleek that you can forget it's even working in the background. Really though, I can't think of much to complain about!

Kevin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 3/8/2017

CRM You Don't Need to Think About

Immediate visibility on leads and lead progression. Almost instant setup. Immediate, natural integration with our email system without forcing us to use a clunky email interface.

Pros

Streak is easy to set up and creates a highly visual, colorful pipeline that inspires you to take action. Fillin in details is super-simple and intuitive it mostly happens in a single grid on one page. However, you can drill down when needed. Its full integration with Gmail allows teams to use other tools like Boomerang and Evercontact. The free version of Streak is great for a single person getting started.

Cons

The price jump from free to paid is a big step. Would love to see an intermediate step for smaller clients who want to come on board with team members.

Barbara
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

A colorful, simple and helpful CRM. Put your info in boxes, your boxes in pipelines and that's...

It's cheap, it has lots of integration with other software, and it helped us to get quality control over the sales department and customer support.

Pros

Easy to use and has a lot of integration features that help us track everything. Track your information on the stages you want and make the followup. Its customized permissions allow to share the content, clients, and pipelines with the people we want it to. You can give very customized permission to all your workers, for some of them or create your own private pipelines and your data will be protected. I also like the easy database creation, just from a spreadsheet and import it to the CRM. Very simple.

Cons

Bugs and fixes and bugs again. It tends to get some bugs, even though they solve it really quick, it gets a bit of annoying. Sometimes the interface gets slow, so you need a proper laptop or PC to use it. It looks really messy at first and the interface its so colorful, it looks like a unicorn made it, but you tend to get used to it.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

Great for new CRM managers

Streak helped me stay organized when tracking cold calls and cold emails with potential customers. sharing that data with co-workers to avoid redundancy was another super helpful features of the app.

Pros

Streak is great because it integrates seamlessly with gmail and g suite. When starting a business, especially one that requires a lot of cold emailing and calling, it's easy to get overwhelmed with the volume of emails and keep track of all current and potential customers. Streak helps you organize your emails and associate them with customers which enables you to see where they are on the conversion timeline, set reminders for follow-ups, and share notes with co-workers about your progress.

Cons

i wish there were more free features with streak. as a start-up, money was tight and if i was able to use more free featured with streak, i would have kept with it and when i was able to pay more for more features, it would have been so integrated into my business that i wouldn't have had a choice but to switch to a paid plan.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

An easy to use CRM in your inbox

Easy e-mail tracking and customer/project tracking right from my Gmail inbox.

Pros

I love that this is integrated with my Gmail inbox so I don't have yet another screen open on my computer and have to remember yet another login.

It is easy to sort, add notes and track everything using the Chrome extension. The new add-on for Gsuite is ok but very limited in features. There are mobile apps that are nice but so far you need to be using it in Chrome to get the full features.

I found customer service to be friendly and quick to reply.

Cons

I don't like being limited to using Chrome, while this is my favorite browser, I had some problems with it recently and I had to use another browser for a week, this meant that during this period I was limited to the GSuite add ons and mobile apps which don't have the full features that the Chrome extension does. I would love to see an extension for Edge or simply expand the apps to tap into all of the features.

Francesco
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/10/2020

Too Much Expansive for the value

Pros

fast deploy
API
you can personalize pipeline

Cons

Support slow. Week to have a solutions.

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Streak

api and kwow how in team
Luis

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Amazing tool for sales, customers, leads and more!

Streak is one of the best CRM I have used to develop new projects for the company, it help us to keep track of how the sales process evolves in order to achieve the objective of new customers. All the people involved (external and internal) will always keep informed in all of the steps. Worth trying it!

Pros

Best of it, it is basically a plug-in installed, it will super charge your Gmail. It is easily to set up the tracking (in your Gmail) for leads, upcoming prospects, follow ups, quote tracking, and more. It will allow you to create a pipeline of the possible customers and let you follow up through the mails you are sharing and receiving with them. Some additional features worth to mention is that you can track the openings of the emails shared, associations of specific contacts with specific deals, and best of all, setting up the pipeline as you wish for.

Cons

There are not cons to worth mention related to the features the tool offers, nevertheless, around the visuals could have some improvements to make it nicer and joyful to use. If the visuals as colors, icons and fonts improve I'm sure a lot of more people will love it!

Karol
Karol

Reviewed on 3/4/2023

Streak - what I think about it

My general experience is highly positive, we've been using this software for several years and all of our sales is based on it.

Pros

I like the fact that it seamlessly integrates with Gmail and works like a powerful plugin to software that I use anyway.

Cons

Lack of serious reporting is a downside. The support should be more responsive as well.