About Streak

Streak is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution that helps small to large enterprises manage projects and fundraising campaigns via Gmail. Users can automatically receive task details in the inbox and sort...

Browse Streak Reviews

Romy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 13/8/2018

Personalized Email Blast? Streak is the man!

This is the best platform so far out there that I've used in terms of sending emails, managing emails, and tracking the open rate and the acceptance rate of my emails.

You can also schedule an email sending time using Streak which is pretty awesome!

Pros

I've been in the recruiting field for more than two years now, and it has been a bottleneck for me sending emails outside of our candidate database. I usually do this whenever I need to update the candidates regarding next steps, and also if they have been turned down by the client after our presentation call with them.

What I usually do before is to send each candidate an email even if the context is just the same. This dilemma has been resolved by Streak! I was able to maintain the personal connection atmosphere with my candidates with the use of just a few seconds. All you need to do is to put the details of the candidate plus any personalized matter you want to add in the email context on a csv comma delimited excel sheet.

One more good thing about Streak is that you can schedule when an email should be sent. You can also monitor the acceptance and the open rate of your emails via Streak. Truly, Streak is the best platform for sending and email management.

Cons

I really don't have negative experience with Streak! I really love how the platform helped me do my job responsibilities without compromising human touch. Maybe this message is a sort of recommendation. I hope they can upgrade their system so that they too will upgrade to an applicant tracking system. If that time come, I will propose this to our company since I know Streak will help us in driving great ROI, and client engagements.

CANDICE

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

Excellent CRM for Gmail

Overall, I love it - I am able to organize workflow & client communications in one place and that is terrific.

Pros

I love that Streak allows me to manage directly from my Gmail inbox - I don't have to juggle multiple platforms to acheive what I need to do.

Cons

The task management does not allow for recurring tasks and it while it does a great job of keeping all communications with a client in one place, it can stil be difficult to find something specific - I wish you could search within a box that would be really helpful!

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Streak

I wanted to reduce the number of platforms I had to keep active throughout the day to manage my workflow - being able to use my Gmail inbox is the best & is incredibly time saving.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Streak

Similar pricing, ease of use, highly customizable & most importantly I can manage everything from my inbox.
Ben
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 27/5/2022

Huge platform risk, comparatively expensive, very clunky

We try to use this as a full CRM for our Sales team. Outbound sales is a core part of our business, and Streak does a reasonably good job of this. At the original price we signed up at $39/user/month, it made sense. They've since bumped the price to $59/user/month, which is a massive increase with little noticeable improvements over the years (several 'nice to have' features have been added, but core functionality is limited).

As a Gmail plugin, the platform risk is massive. We see it as too big a risk, and will be moving away from it ASAP.

When we raised concerns about the price increase, their [SENSITIVE CONTENT] emailed (weirdly) and basically refused to acknowledge our concerns. Price increases like this are a cynical way to bump up revenue from existing loyal customers. A better alternative would have been to bump up pricing for only new added users, rather than ransoming your existing users.

Generally their support is very responsive, but they're lumped with a buggy, very 'hack-y' piece of "software".

Avoid the pain of switching platforms at a later date, and go with a fully fledged CRM from the outset.

Pros

The deep integration with Gmail is nice, but it really feels like a massive hack, rather than seamless CRM software.

Cons

Recently Streak bumped up its pricing for its most loyal users. The pricing is now as expensive, if not more expensive, than a standalone solution/fully fledged CRM.

Because it's built on Gmail as a plugin, it never works as well as you want. The import process is clunky, and it's essentially like a limited-functionality spreadsheet. It's been very buggy since the day we started using it (over 5 years ago!), and it just doesn't compare to other full-fledged CRM solutions.

As soon as we can, we'll be moving to new software.

Pipedrive and Copper

Reasons for Switching to Streak

It was originally a simple solution for our small sales team and worked well with Gmail.

Top Streak Alternatives

Darina

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

Email managments tool for any company

I am very pleased with my choice. CRM is very much essential part of my job and Streak is very helpful and efficient tool for it.

Pros

It is an easily installed program, you simply add it with chrome webstore a use it immediately. No need for expert computer knowledge, simple installation.Easily accessible options for free. For all purposes that small bussiness would need for easy CRM managments when needed.Software integrates greatly with gmail, which is the most used mail service of all. This allows easy manipulation of data with other accounts.

Cons

The tool is great help, but only when you know how to use it. For common computer user, knowledge of its usage has to be acquired from outside sources, like independent youtube videos.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 30/5/2021

An excellent CRM for multiple business management from your Gmail inbox

We can follow multiple businesses and operations from within Gmail, despite how challenging it becomes to distinguish emails.

Pros

1. No need to leave your email front-end to manage your customer interactions
2. You can customize stages and pipelines in any way you want - no limitations on pipelines
3. Easy to enter meeting and call notes
4. Easy to select the case box from each email
5. Read receipts for Gmail - Extremely Useful!

Cons

1. Colour-coding to distinguish emails and stages does not work when you have many cases in the same stage/colour.
2. It becomes very slow if you are having many emails tagged
3. It does not load the pipelines quickly and it takes time to refresh

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

1. Easy to use 2. Gmail open and read receipts!

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

Finally, a easy CRM

Easy, efficient, definitely help to keep me organized

Pros

Very flexible. Streak can be as basic or as detailed as needed. I just need something basic but quickly found I can expand its functionality. Their support pages are easy and clear. Video how tos are short sweet and comprehensive

Cons

No cons yet. Also, if there was a con, I could customize to remove the con

Zoho CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Streak

Switched because there was too much info to enter in the other products that I didn't need and were mandatory.

Zoho CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to Streak

Ease of use. Could be customized to be exactly what I needed
Mohammad Izaz Arefin

Reviewed on 30/9/2022

Best Free CRM for Gmail

Overall, it is one of the best CRM for Gmail. The free plan is recommended for personal use, but for working with a team upgrading to the Pro plan may be needed.

Pros

I used this software mainly for email tracking purposes. I used the free plan. It provides data about when the recipient opened the email, its location, and its devices.

The CRM is easy to integrate on Gmail. It is not needed to log in to another website, everything can be done within the Gmail workspace. Different pipelines can be created for managing projects, sales leads, hiring, fundraising, and other tasks. Emails can be scheduled to send at a later time.

Cons

Sometimes email tracking does not work as the recipient's server does not allow tracking. There is another concern of privacy as Streak can access and delete all emails and information within Gmail account.

Elias

Reviewed on 27/3/2022

Streak for Gmail

I use it for gaining better understanding of my email activities from clients, leads and important messages from my business

Pros

I found this add on in the google play store. I began to use it as an example to my students in college of how integrate your email account with tools that allows to creat a crm environmet, mail tracking and review you work flow activities

Cons

You must have some sort of experience using sales pipelines or crm magament bacground to fully understand this platform

Amit

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Best Software for sending bulk emails

Amazing and wonderful product.

Pros

Software easily integrates with Gmail and it is easy to use. Also, one can track that weather the person had read the review or not

Cons

So far I liked all the features of streak.

Brandon

Reviewed on 5/12/2022

Great product to stay organized and manage clients

Pros

The extension is very easy to use and integrates well into Gmail. No issues in my 7 months of use.

Cons

There are many layers to sort through which can get confusing for new users.

Aline
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

Streak is exactly the CRM I was looking for

Streak listens to their customers and is constantly improving. They reply quickly and are professional and courteous.

Pros

Streak allows me the flexibility to manipulate my data the way I want to without going from module to module. The integration with my email is the icing on the cake! The ability to access all my data from one location saves time and time is money!

Cons

There is not much that I don't like but their is one option that is a thorn in my side. Since they integrate with Gmail and I have been told that they cannot do anything about this, oh well. It is recommended to turn on CONVERSATION VIEW in Gmail. I will never do this. Every day, my emails are linked to multiple people and what a disaster it is to keep those emails straight. I cannot pull up sent emails because of that and I'm hoping that someday, there will be a fix.

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

I use streak to keep track of potential wholesale customers I reached out to for a small...

I mostly like it for getting organized and for tracking whether or not someone opened my email.

Pros

It's definitely handy that streak is integrated with gmail. You don't have to log into a separate CRM and toggle back and forth between your email and the CRM. It is easy to create leads, sort them by status, and keep track of several contacts. I also really like the email tracking feature - it shows you a history of when the people you have emailed have opened the email you sent on the side. This helps to know if they ever received your email or if they have looked at it multiple times etc. The other handy tool I use a lot is the "snippet" tool where you can save an email template to use and you have the option to keep it private for yourself or you can share it with those in your gmail organization so they can use the template or "snippet" as well.

Cons

There are a few annoying things abut using the software that aren't deal breakers but certainly seem like they missed the mark a couple of times. For example, you have to continue to manually sort contacts into categories that are obvious. They have a "contacted" category. So you click the lead, click email, send an email from a template you've saved, all within the software and then you have to go back and manually click that you contacted them. It seems like they should move that to the contacted category for you since you emailed the contact within the software. I've accidentally emailed a couple people twice because I forgot to click move to contacted and then sent them an email again later. Again, I'm using the free version so I can't really complain about these issues but there are a few things like this that seem obvious to me that they haven't implemented.
I am using the free version so I do not have full access to all of the features so maybe some of these things are fixed in the paid version? In the free version you also run out of space pretty fast. You can only store 50 contacts at a time and then you have to delete them to make more room which can be a pain and sort negates the usefulness of tracking the leads or contacts in categories.

Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/8/2021

Gmail organization with Streak

On the long run, this software do help in managing my email and to analyzing my email data. I am quite satisfied.

Pros

Integrating my Gmail with Streak is very smooth and calling and managing my email data. It work directly from the Gmail application and no other additional software are needed. I can track the most important email and conversation and monitor it better.

Cons

It work quite slow and sometime it will crash the Gmail software. It just need to reopen or refresh the software back, but it is quite annoying after it happen quite frequently. The customer support also very slow in writing back all the inquiry email that i have sent.

Ben
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

How did I ever use Gmail without it.

Streak is just great. If you write a lot of emails, it's a great solution to stay organized and productive.

Pros

Streak is so much more powerful than any other email organization solution I've ever used. There are 3 main components of Streak that I find most useful.

First, the pipeline system is a very easy way to keep email conversations organized. I like that you can customize parameters for each pipeline, which means you can use it for just about any sort of communication flow, both internal and external to your organization. Sales leads, partnership requests, even legal/financial review are all easily handled by pipelines

Second, I like the integration with different productivity apps like Asana and Google Drive. This is a simple feature, yes, but the ability to enter data/tasks into other platforms all from my inbox saves an appreciable amount of time.

Third, the email task manager in Streak is also pretty robust. Being able to set priority, make labels and reminders, tag items, and sort by different variables is just fantastic. I really like that these entries live my inbox, so I don't have to use my main task manager with dozens of tiny email tasks.

Cons

I really do not have much practical criticism of Streak. However, if I had to choose one thing that could be improved it would be the visual design. The iconography, colors, fonts, and other UI elements do not seamlessly match Gmail's default design language, which means I can always tell what is and is not Streak. This does not interfere with usability or efficiency of Streak, but it would be nice if everything was visually seamless. I think that would make the user experience much nicer.

Dennis
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Streak is one of the best CRM platforms out there!

Streak is one of the best CRM platforms out there. It is easy to install because it is just a chrome extension. It makes all email communication personalized but not time consuming to do which is great.

Pros

In a corporate recruitment, we seldom update candidates that they are not a good fit for the role not because we forgot it but because it is tedious to update them one by one.

I discovered Streak, and that bottleneck and bad practice was put to an end in our firm. Streak helped me send 100 turn down emails in a snap. By using a .csv file I was able to tweak the email template I am sending tailor fitted to the addressee, to the role they have applied, and what next steps should they watch out for.

With Streak, I was also able to know as well if the candidate has already opened the message, and it is a good way to establish a relationship to candidates.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Streak is that since it is a chrome extension, if I am using a new device like laptop or computer, I need to reinstall the chrome extension again. That is understandable since that is a different device.

Mauricio Alexander

Reviewed on 15/6/2018

Always keep up to date and happy your customers with this excellent service

It is excellent to improve the way in which customers are handled, to automate the mails and to handle the information, it brings many useful tools that will allow you to give a better attention to your clients and project your product.

Pros

When we are in the career of creating software on our own, and we want to project to more people, make our product known and keep customers that we already have, it is necessary to have a quality CRM, the most known that exist are very expensive, but here comes Streak, is an excellent service offered by Google that works with your gmail and is Free !, if free, an excellent service that allows you to manage your customers, offering first-class features, with contact addresses, sales operations and even management of promotions, this is a perfect CRM for a freelance since it works with a tool known by us as it is gmail, so it will be quick to implement and remove its benefits, with it we can be in contact with our customers, send mail to everyone at specific scheduled times, warn of contracts, promotions or status of the products we sold to them, keep them up to date with the advances of for example web pages or system s that we are building, there are many advantages of this service that you must try since they are of immense utility.

Cons

It is a CRM of a certain basic form, it does not have the potentials of the CRM of a higher cost but it is an excellent option if you are starting and you need to bring order to your client portfolio.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Much better option than Saleseforce for small companies

Going from a manual system to Streak meant that we immediately saw increases in efficiency, better tracking and reporting, and were able to build our client base without hiring new sales reps or account managers.

Pros

After spending well over a year trying to set up Salesforce, my company -- a small team of 15 -- finally gave up and decided to go with Streak instead. Especially for a business of our size, Streak was definitely the better option. It's lightweight, was far quicker to implement, and we immediately saw improvements in our efficiency and ability to track leads.

Further, we mostly got our leads via conferences and word of mouth, so we managed both inbound and outbound leads in our email inboxes. For this reason, we loved that we could track our leads from within our inbox using Streak -- no tool switching!

Cons

I could see us possibly outgrowing it if we were to have a more complex business, but don't have much to say about its downsides.

Margaret

Reviewed on 15/2/2018

Manage Customer Path within Gmail in Full Color

Pros

Great for a visually minded person! I set up my Sales pipeline in rainbow order colors. As an artist, I am very color-motivated. I can see an overview of the progress of each lead to developing the quote, invoicing, paid, in progress in the studio, made, shipped, and follow up for thanks. Each client has their own box where I can put all their gmail communication, and image files and documents are extracted so I don't have to hunt for them. I use the free version, and and as a solopreneur haven't had the need for the functions more suited to a larger company with employee teams.

Cons

I wish the boxes showed up in my gmail on all my devices. I use Streak on my desktop, and the app for Android doesn't get good reviews.

Kevin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 3/8/2017

CRM You Don't Need to Think About

Immediate visibility on leads and lead progression. Almost instant setup. Immediate, natural integration with our email system without forcing us to use a clunky email interface.

Pros

Streak is easy to set up and creates a highly visual, colorful pipeline that inspires you to take action. Fillin in details is super-simple and intuitive it mostly happens in a single grid on one page. However, you can drill down when needed. Its full integration with Gmail allows teams to use other tools like Boomerang and Evercontact. The free version of Streak is great for a single person getting started.

Cons

The price jump from free to paid is a big step. Would love to see an intermediate step for smaller clients who want to come on board with team members.

Barbara
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

A colorful, simple and helpful CRM. Put your info in boxes, your boxes in pipelines and that's...

It's cheap, it has lots of integration with other software, and it helped us to get quality control over the sales department and customer support.

Pros

Easy to use and has a lot of integration features that help us track everything. Track your information on the stages you want and make the followup. Its customized permissions allow to share the content, clients, and pipelines with the people we want it to. You can give very customized permission to all your workers, for some of them or create your own private pipelines and your data will be protected. I also like the easy database creation, just from a spreadsheet and import it to the CRM. Very simple.

Cons

Bugs and fixes and bugs again. It tends to get some bugs, even though they solve it really quick, it gets a bit of annoying. Sometimes the interface gets slow, so you need a proper laptop or PC to use it. It looks really messy at first and the interface its so colorful, it looks like a unicorn made it, but you tend to get used to it.

Maciej
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 27/7/2017

Great software for high-performing teams. Helps to move e-mail management to the next level.

As mentioned before, much time saved and more control on the incoming e-mails.

Pros

Chrome full integration.
Good support.
Compatibility and full integration with many other management software via Zapier helps to automate many daily activities and saves much time.

Cons

The app is VERY comprehensive and provides a full CRM support directly via Gmail and Chrome. When used only for project and e-mail management, not using many other CRM tools provided in the app, the corporate plan is too expensive and other intermediate plan would be more than welcome (eg. free features + taks support, call logs and meeting notes). The difference between free and corporate pricing plan is huge but not for all.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

An easy to use CRM in your inbox

Easy e-mail tracking and customer/project tracking right from my Gmail inbox.

Pros

I love that this is integrated with my Gmail inbox so I don't have yet another screen open on my computer and have to remember yet another login.

It is easy to sort, add notes and track everything using the Chrome extension. The new add-on for Gsuite is ok but very limited in features. There are mobile apps that are nice but so far you need to be using it in Chrome to get the full features.

I found customer service to be friendly and quick to reply.

Cons

I don't like being limited to using Chrome, while this is my favorite browser, I had some problems with it recently and I had to use another browser for a week, this meant that during this period I was limited to the GSuite add ons and mobile apps which don't have the full features that the Chrome extension does. I would love to see an extension for Edge or simply expand the apps to tap into all of the features.

Francesco
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/10/2020

Too Much Expansive for the value

Pros

fast deploy
API
you can personalize pipeline

Cons

Support slow. Week to have a solutions.

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Streak

api and kwow how in team
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Without Streak I would not be organized!

Overall, my view on the Streak software is: AMAZING! I use it everyday and will continue to so.

Pros

Best features of Streak are utilizing different stages within the software to keep you up to date. I can't image working without this platform anymore and don't know why I didn't sooner. Now I can log into Streak and see my emails and documents linked to each customer without having to search thorough emails anymore! I also really like the task feature, which helps me keep me keep track of what my employees are doing and automatically reminds them.

Cons

Within the pipeline on Streak you can not create sub-pipelines. Sometimes I have a project that needs multiple pipelines and I have to create seperate pipelines.

Kelly

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

It was a great "starter" CRM

I found this to be a great sales lead/CRM tool when my business was smaller and cash flow was a huge issue. It integrates so easily with Gmail so you aren't going into yet another program to track emails and sales.

If you're looking to keep things simple and integrated then Streak is a great option.

I still use and love the email tracking feature which allows me to "know" if my clients have read the emails I sent.

Pros

I most love the email tracking feature. It is one of the most economical options for this type of service and still use it to this day.

Cons

Now that I have moved into using another option for my sales processes (it allowed me to automate many tasks where Streak did not) I don't like the fact that I cannot delete the parts of the software that I don't use (the sales pipeline feature).