The Mortgage Office Reviews

About The Mortgage Office

The Mortgage Office is a loan servicing solution designed for companies of all sizes. It offers loan tracking, payment processing, document storage, workflow automation and reporting functionalities within a suite. The product is...

Browse The Mortgage Office Reviews

Sandra
Sandra
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Complete & Powerful Software Program with add on Modules giving you options to expand your...

Pros

The software handles all aspects of Loan Servicing within the program. The integration of the different modules makes using the program seamless. I have used several Forms Design programs in the past and the Custom Letters & Reports program is well designed and extremely east to use.

Cons

I have been involved in writing a custom Collection Program, integrating an Accounting Program with other Loan Servicing Software as well as using other Loan Servicing Software for 27+ years and by farm The Mortgage Office is the BEST. To answer your question what I like least about the program is that it is a Massive and covers every aspect of Loan Servicing; which makes it the BEST of programs.

Audrey

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

No software is perfect...but this one is pretty close....and the customer support is top notch!

We have had a huge time savings using The Mortgage Office. ACH file is automatically generated at the click of a button. Loan payment input is simple. Monthly reports to our Lenders are generated and emailed right from the system. In the past we needed to scan the reports and e-mail them to the right people using our old system.

Pros

The software makes applying loan payments a breeze. We utilize ACH Express to remit monthly payments to our Lenders. That process is relatively easy. The creation of the NACHA file automatically by the system has saved us so much time. We used to have to manually load up that information, opening us up for human error.

Cons

The clickable items on the left had side of the home screen are a little clunky. We tend to use Tasks & Reports the most, and I find sometimes I have trouble finding it as it is a good way down the list and doesn't stand out.

Robert

Reviewed on 3/8/2017

Owned for over three years. Very complex, Updates routinely have major bugs. Understaffed...

We service a private loan portfolio and prepare 1098 forms for borrowers. This has worked well in the past, but current bugs are causing concern that the 1098 forms will need to be double checked during the very busy month of January.

Pros

The concept and theoretical flexibility of the software is really cool. The reports are generally well formatted. Borrower communication options are varied and allow easy email, but the calculations need to be correct.

Cons

Very complex, takes months to learn to use. Easily allows problem entries. Support is pleasant, but lacks everyday use knowledge. 4 to 6 steps required for tasks like simply advancing interest on a construction loan. Tracking of % complete and % disbursed on construction takes longer in The Mortgage Office than in a simple Excel spreadsheet. Over the last year the whiz bang modules that they are adding look great, but as updates occur with the main, modules of servicing, the lack of testing is clear as each update precipitates major bugs which cost my staff scores of hours. Customer service is helpless as they are not prepped for the updates and typically don't have the operating expertise to comprehend the full scope of the problem. , but they are nice people. Support calls are seldom answered within an hour. Typically it's about a 24 hour turnaround, with a call to us (Mountain Time) just about the time my staff is walking out the door.

Top The Mortgage Office Alternatives

LOAN SERVICING SOFT

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Estefania

Reviewed on 20/3/2024

Portfolio management is a piece of cake!

Managing the borrower pool is a piece of cake when using TMO, so I would highly recommend this software to others.

Pros

The Mortgage Office has it all: dynamic modules, customazible grids, easy reporting system.

Cons

Their support time of response sometimes can take up to 48 hours.

Erika

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Extraordinary

Five star experience. TMO is like staying at a nice hotel. Your expectations are exceeded, you're met with exceptional customer service, and you're confident and comfortable.

Pros

TMO takes away a lot of the manual work required with our previous software. Productivity is important to us. This automates, simplifies, and clarifies borrower payments, lender disbursements, escrow management. It's incredible.

Integration was definitely a project but only because of our starting point. We were operating so chaotically to just get by. The support team was incredibly helpful and still is incredibly helpful. If I could only list one reason why I'm happy with TMO, it would be support. So responsive, so knowledgeable, and friendly.

Cons

Integration was definitely the most difficult part. The software we used before was absolutely the reason it was difficult.

LOAN SERVICING SOFT

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

NoteSmith was great and cost effective when we were servicing a few notes, but as we've grown, we've needed more consistency and user-friendliness.

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

Eric, our salesman, was very knowledgeable and approachable (we ask A LOT of questions). We enjoyed the demo, the promises of support (this promise is being upheld greatly), and the professionalism of each team member we met. I really cannot say enough about the support team. They are wonderful. Each day that goes by, we look up and realize that we love TMO more and more. So many times we've said "how did we do this before?" It's astounding. Choose The Mortgage Office. It's so worth it.
Sohail

Reviewed on 21/9/2020

TMO User

Pros

We have been using The Mortgage Office for several months and been very pleased with our experience. The software does everything we initially set out to accomplish and then some. The Mortgage Office has best in class reporting features which are a huge selling point for our clients. We have had several clients switch from other servicers primarily for the software's ability to generate adhoc reports online. Their support is second to none. Always responsive and very helpful. Our initial learning curve was made easy just because of the tremendous amount of support we received.

Cons

The software is hosted on a virtual computer and I wish it was web based. This is not really con. More so a personal preference.

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

The software is very robust with more features than other products. Better reporting. Accurate financial calculations.
Gwen
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Experienced Professionals

We are transitioning from a "manual" loan servicing process utilizing excel spreadsheets to this automated loan servicing solution and are looking forward to gaining efficiencies with this robust software.

Pros

The software is comprehensive and captures both loan servicing and corresponding trust accounting transactions. The company's customer relations, sales, support and training staff are amazing professionals. They set this company apart from its competition.

Cons

We conduct annual reviews on our loans and it would be great if the software could capture spreads of tax returns and financial statements to have all of the financial data, insurance and collateral information in one repository.

SHERRI

Reviewed on 2/1/2024

Best money spent

It has been wonderful for many years. I came from a company that had the software in 83, when I started my own I choose the same software in 85.

Pros

We are able to do the work of two employees with just one. Less money by far.

Cons

Very little. I have been working with this software since 1983.

Joseph

Reviewed on 5/2/2024

TMO is a great partner

Pros

We have been working as the payment provider for over 9 years. They are a great partner and we love that they, like Usio strive for excellence and to delight their customers.

Cons

We have not heard any complaints from our merchants about the software.

Tatiana

Reviewed on 21/3/2024

TMO follows your expansion

Pros

features can be customized at any time (from simple tasks and shortcuts up to mapping and making the system meet your growing needs)

different modules for specific purposes

easy to search by only a few letters of a name/property address etc.

great customer support

Cons

initial onboarding sessions weren't enough. In my opinion It'd be helpful to start learning basics from video tutorials of some sort and then to go deeper into customizing and addressing specific requests with a team member.

Julie

Reviewed on 12/6/2020

Just getting started

The biggest problem we've solved is a significant decrease in the amount of time it took to process payments. Our old system would take almost an entire day to move funds and notify participants, and now that can be accomplished in a matter of minutes.

Pros

We've been using this product for about 18 months. It has streamlined our payment processing so much - we're much more efficient now, which is always a good thing with a small company. The system is able to handle participations in an almost seamless manner.

Cons

While quite a bit can be customized, we're having some challenges customizing some reports for our participants based upon the overall portfolio. And I wish there was a better way to handle a mid-cycle interest rate change.

Heather

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

Multiuse, Multilevel Software

The Mortgage Office is such a great software backed by a great experienced team. The software is innovative and always makes your process easier and quicker. This also happens with the team behind the scenes. When any issues arise, the support team is on top of it. As our company grows, so do our software needs and this is a cause for continuous training. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and her crew are amazing! The in person training is totally worth the trip! You are able to customize the training to really dive deep into the topics that interest your company. Ramiro has all the tips and tricks to save time and being able to pick his brain about TMO is a real treat! The hospitality here is unmatched !

Pros

This software allows you to customize to fit your own needs. It is capable of tackling complex setups with the different tools available. Very user friendly. Where we would spend hours in just creating and sending letters and notices, the mortgage office fast tracks this and many other tasks by using its custom letters capability. Time saver!

Cons

At this time, Lucro is fully satisfied with this software

Rick

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Great Loan origination for small private money lender

Wouldn’t be such a long-time customer if we weren’t so happy with the overall product features, benefits and support.

Pros

After nearly 18 years as a user on dedicated local server, we made the switch to the cloud-based AWS version and couldn’t be happier. Timing was excellent as the pandemic followed soon after installation.

A key benefit is this platforms now works on most all systems, including iOS. That’s great news for small operators like myself.

Cons

We struggled initially with a few features but utilized the vendor’s excellent tech support to resolve.
Maintenance support is pricey but is top of the line.

Annette
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

The software is so stable, I never experience downtime.

I've been using The Mortgage Office for 5 years. My monthly invoicing process went from being a 2-day challenge to a 2-hour piece of cake. My support needs are rare, but I still run into an occasional problem because I have entered something wrong and can't find it myself. Invariably the support staff is readily available, responsive, competent, and dedicated to getting me back on track. Plus the software is so stable, I never experience downtime. Just a great product.

Pros

Reliability. I trust TMO to keep accurate, consistent records

Cons

The first month billing can't be longer than 30 days. We usually do not invoice our borrower until the end of the first full month following closing, so there is often a 32-60 day gap. If we don't send out an invoice at the end of the month in which the loan closes, the borrower's billing statement reports them as late.

Richard

Reviewed on 19/4/2014

ABS-TMO Loan Service Software

My mortgage company invested in the ABS loan service software in 1981. We were lucky to have originally selected ABS because, through the years, they have outperformed the other companies we've examined, that have developed along the way. ABS has continued to frequently upgrade not only their programs but the software and systems that drive their loan service software, TMO. I've been very happy with the customer service; however, some of our employees have on occasion expressed a desire for higher levels; in fairness, I believe the ABS customer service is above the average of most software companies with which we've dealt.

Accommodating convenience and ease of use is strong. ABS allows huge volumes of supporting files, loan documents, appraisals, ETC, to be available at a click from within a specific loan file; more important is that the method they've designed does so without noticeably slowing the system.

ABS appears to have strived to accommodate requirements of the many new loan servicing regulations as they have developed in recent years. Although, we have worried about ABS meeting some of the required loan service deadlines and on a few occasions began developing work around procedures in case the programming changes were not made in time. In the end, our concerns were unnecessary and ABS delivered by the regulatory deadlines.

Note: The software agreement is unusual; potential clients should carefully read and understand the agreement which is easy to inadvertently violate by accessing the program from a home or other remote connection unless a single laptop is used in all locations in conjunction with a single dedicated terminal server. In the end, the negative issues mentioned herein are relatively small in relationship to the overall quality and ease of use of the product and of the company's history of updating the quality and performance of their systems as well as accommodating the required regulatory changes. I have not seen another system I'd rather have; even at a much higher price.

Brett

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Should've bought it years earlier!

I've used different loan servicing products over the years, and The Mortgage Office is hands down light years ahead of other systems I would know because I purchased and used 3 other products! Each one I bought was mainly based on cost (they were cheaper). I really wish I had bought The Mortgage Office the first time around. It's very easy to use, the tech people are fantastic, and it's a robust system that has bulletproof calculations and does everything a private lender could ever dream of. Whether running statements or filtering loans by type, everything is just a click or two away. I am very happy with this software great product, great company, great time in place. I highly recommend it for anyone servicing loans it's a great value.

Pros

It's a powerful product that I love using every day. Very, very happy.

Reviewed on 22/2/2023

Product review and evaluation

...

Pros

Ease and smoothness and important advantages for the user and benefit in performing the work quickly

Cons

technical supportTechnical support does not respond quickly to complaintsSome ads are false

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

Because it is the best and fastest
Jason

Reviewed on 22/4/2014

Quality Product, Excellent Customer Service, Would Recommend to Others

(Note: Capterra only allows a maximum of 2,500 characters for a review. Thus below is only the bullet points. For full details, I have uploaded the full review to the public folder on my Dropbox at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26145970/TMO%20Review.pdf)

Summary:

Very good product, I would recommend to anyone looking for a simple to use client/server loan servicing solution.

Modules Purchased:
* Loan Servicing
* ACH Express

Users: 10

Architecture: Local Client/Server using JetEngine on MS Access

Pros:
* Rich Functionality - a lot of functionality, probably more than you will need
* Customizable Interface - main search grid can be customized by user
* Quick Search - you can lookup an account by almost anything in the account record
* Document Generation - easily publish statements, coupons, payoff, ets.
* Audit Trail - logs important events and changes in an Event Journal
* Categories - quick way to add custom fields by which to filter and sort your accounts
* Open Architecture - database tables are exposed allowing you to create customer reports
* Exporting - can easily access documents and results into Excel, Adobe, or RTF formats
* Custom Letters - quickly send customers a custom letter
* Customer Support - excellent customer service

Cons:
* "Old World" Interface - old client/server style interface
* "As Of" Reporting - you need to run reports on the day you want them (i.e. on month-end)
* Historical Editing - no simple way to edit your loan history without reversing transactions
* Licensing Structure - geared more toward mass employee servicing departments
* Online Self-Service - none really to speak of
* Manual Payments - payments need to be applied manually for charges and fees
* Categories - many fields of information are only exposed if you use categories, which requires you to double enter the information

Yvonne

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

MAKE TMO YOUR ANSWER

BEING ABLE TO GENERATE CERTAIN REPORTS, STATEMENTS AND NOTICES AS QUICKLY AS NEEDED FOR CLIENTS AND BORROWERS IS THE GREATEST THING.

Pros

EXPORTING FILES FROM ORIGINATION TO SERVICING IS THE EASIEST PART OF THE SOFTWARE AND THEN CAME ACH DEBIT AND CREDIT. THAT BY FAR IS MY MOST FAVORITE PART OF THE PROGRAMTH AND IT IS SO EASY TO USE.

Cons

THAT THERE ARE NOT MORE FIELDS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. LIKE ON THE NOTIFICATION OF ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT, LENDERS WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEIR YTD INTEREST JUST LIKE ON THE CHECKS.

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

Great loan servicing software

Pros

Mortgage Office is a great tool for loan servicing that can be customized and queried in many ways. The audit and reporting functions also work great as well the customer support group. It’s very accurate and updated routinely to ensure compatibility. Overall easy to use loan management software, would highly recommend!

Cons

It can be costly depending on how much of the software is installed. Also the reporting could be more robust in certain areas but does cover most data.

Imelda

Reviewed on 10/7/2023

Overall Experience Using Loan Office Software

So far there is nothing. Loan office software is great to use. Thank you!

Pros

Loan Software easy to use and I highly recommend to other financing companies. Thank you!

Cons

For my experience is not difficult to use. Thank you!

Brett

Reviewed on 1/4/2021

Step Up Your Game

An exceptional system with an exceptional team backing the product.

Pros

TMO is industry specific software with 40+ years of experience that makes complex tasks and information management streamlined. The online client account portal not only saves us time by providing clients with the information they are seeking, but it also shows our clients we are serious about customer service.

Cons

to be determined.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

TMO is a life saver

overall I find TMO extremely useful. If there are any glitches i know that the team and support staff are there to help and have proven to be effective

Pros

Ease of use,
report management and production
customization - able to tailor to fit specific needs.

Cons

We are currently using the access version with nearly two decades of information - we have been experiencing laggy performance at time

Kristina

Reviewed on 16/9/2019

Customer Service Makes A Difference

Pros

The customer service has been top notch, specially the sales team and the Support Team.

The software is visually appealing and operates similar to Excel in the list view. It's user friendly from the entry level employee to the controller, who primarily focuses on the trust accounting.

Cons

We primarily use the construction module and the training does not go over this in detail.

Tommy

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Tech support from TMO is the gold standard

We had an issue with an update and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made sure that we were back up and running without losing any data.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the tech support department was a great help and will be my go to when I need help with TMO.
Friendly, professional and fast. It is greatly appreciated!

Cons

Would like to see more options with hiding paid out accounts on the system.