About Procore

Procore manages your projects, resources, and financials from project planning to closeout. The platform connects every project contributor with the owner and general or specialty contractor. The centralized dashboard allows...

Browse Procore Reviews

2,442 of 2,442 reviews
Richard R. Richard R.

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Procore for Project management

I liked it very much and it had all the functions needed to get a project up and running smoothly

Pros

The data base for subcontractors and drawing distribution

Cons

It took to long to upload the drawing and project inforamtion

Lee M. Lee M.

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

Procore with SAGE 300 ERP integration

The cost has been high, but overall the product is serving us well and they continue to work to improve the software. They seem to care about what things need to be fixed to improve the software and will allow beta groups of exiting customers. We have had a positive experience.

Pros

Procore was able to integrate with our accounting software (SAGE 300) to help reduce duplicate entry.
Procore has a very good user interface and has been adopted well including in the field.
Procore continues to improve the software and integrations to increase the value and usability.

Cons

The cost is higher than we would like. Some of the tools are not fully connected to SAGE yet, so the features are not quite as useful. For example subcontractor invoicing is still being connected.

Paul B. Paul B.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Comprehensive Project Management System

I have worked in residential home construction, single & multifamily construction, multifamily affordable housing, mixed use, and commercial construction projects. I have worked on projects ranging from less than 1K to over 16M. Procore is outstanding for all but small single-family residential projects...I could make Procore work like a charm for this type of construction, but it would take some creativity.

Pros

• Daily Logs are easily completed and sent to the appropriate parties. This means they actually get done which means they are more accurate. Adding photos to the logs is very easy as well.
• Procore allows you to put links to photos on your drawing set. This is especially helpful when we send out bid packages...bidders can see more details and existing conditions for our commercial remodeling projects.
• If you need to send out a lot of requests for quotes, Procore makes it easy to keep track of everything through the Reports function. PM's can also drill down to see who has or has not opened the invitation...a real time saver!
• Procore has a submittal builder built in, so after you upload the spec book, you can click on the builder and it generates a list of possible submittals. You can modify the list to suit your need. This can save days on a large project.
• When you upload revised drawing pages, Procore allows you to overlay the pages and highlights the differences with the new set. This is very helpful even if you were aware of the coming changes. It also allows you the chance to note the changes for possible change orders.

Cons

• I'd like to see the ability to more with the mark-up tool. Features that are available on simple take-off software would be nice. Something as simple as being able to place a color-coded dot would be helpful.
• When adding people to the directory, it would be nice if when you forget to complete one of the required fields and hit SAVE...rather than delete everything because you forgot that one step...it'd be nice to just give you a message asking you to "please enter missing information".
• The way is now, seems rather punitive, but I'm sure they will change it.
• I'd like to see other types of scheduling options become compatible with Procore. I do use MS Project, but not everyone does. Project is rather pricey and would be another software product to learn.

Top Procore Alternatives

OpenGov Citizen Services

Autodesk Construction Cloud

SmartBid

Dani B. Dani B.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Just one of the many project management software available

First let me start by saying that I've used Sage CRE 300 project management, Submittal Exchange, and Newforma Project Cloud. They each have their benefits. I pushed for Procore because it was an all inclusive product. We use one of the other programs as well as eNTERFACE (for Daily Reports), PlanGrid (for drawings), ShareFile (for sharing documents), Outlook, AIA Contract Documents, DocuSign (for e-signatures) and a handful of others just to manage a job. I was tired of bouncing around between programs, often duplicating file storage or data entry. I spent months researching the available project management options that would also be available from essentially anywhere...job site, office, home, etc.

I have been using Procore for about six months and there are things that I love and things I don't love. I would still recommend the product, if you need an all-in-one solution. I will try to highlight my more important Pros and Cons. When I say "Module" I really mean tab. There's a tab for the directory, documents, drawings, submittals, RFIs, emails, etc. I consider each one a separate module because they could really function on their own.

Pros

1. Comprehensive package. Allows for integration with out accounting, but we haven't opted to go that route yet. Can eliminate many of the other programs we use, but not all.
2. Can limit user access, so I can give everyone access to just what they need.
3. Lots of online training available and assistance from the very start.
4. Fairly easy to use once you know what you are doing.
5. Accessible from any internet-accessible device.
6. Constantly talking about improvement. I haven't been through a major upgrade yet, but they seem to take into account what the contractor needs.

Cons

1. Modules aren't consistent. For example, submittals allow me to edit on behalf of someone. RFIs do not. I've seen this in other products where one tab or module works one way and the other tab is set up different. I expected more consistency between the modules, submittals and RFIs especially.
2. No separate module for ASIs. They can be linked to drawings and markups, but there's no ASI log that people can view. I can save the ASIs in a folder in the online documents, but the user has to go search for them. I can send email notices out to subs, but if a new sub comes on board, they will not have the emails.
3. I cannot scroll through RFIs easily. In Sage I can move easily from one RFI to the next if I'm searching for something particular. In Procore, I have to open an RFI, close it and go back to the log and open the next RFI. One of the things I wanted to do was cut down on the number of steps it took to get to the data I needed. Procore adds steps in this case. Same for Submittals. I have to open/close/open the next.
4. The Save or Close buttons are often way down at the bottom of a window. If I have to go in, enter just a few pieces of info at the top of the submittal or RFI, I then have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Some companies put a Save at the top and bottom for that reason.
5. Was told I could use my iPad/iPhone but the apps are only for information. I cannot add to the contacts/directory unless I login through Safari.
6. So much data on the screen that sometimes the key pieces I need are off the screen. Needs more work on setting up for various screen resolutions. For example, submittal titles and numbers aren't visible when I'm scrolling to the right. Needs something similar to Excel's Freeze function.
7. Email module doesn't work quite like I had hoped. I can drag emails into the online program, but it's difficult to search and view them. Some of the text gets jumbled with the date. They don't even have the Emails on the iPad/iPhone app. No way to sort them other than to tag them, which is difficult. If I copy a ton of emails over, then I have to tag each one manually. Not an efficient process yet.
8. Not easy to bulk edit. Procore had to upload our submittal log for us and then I needed to change a lot of it because it was our first upload. We had to manually open each submittal and edit the information I needed to add or change.
9. Data itself seems difficult to change like contacts, which cannot be deleted, even if you've never used them. Can only mark inactive. Benefit in some cases, but if you enter their email address wrong, it's there unless you contact them to delete it. I would love to be able to do more import/exporting on my own. It would make data entry a lot easier. Especially when setting up a job or entering commitments.

Heather T. Heather T.

Reviewed on 25/3/2017

ProCore has revolutionized our ability to manage projects across the United States.

I am not sure if this is taking place yet, but universities and trade schools that offer construction management degrees and certifications should absolutely be introducing project management software as part of the curriculum.

Pros

Cloud-based. Great customer support. Willing to do the work and research it takes to develop the tools needed in the field.

Cons

There is soooo much to learn. There is a rather long learning curve, if you've never used programs like this. The thing that would be most helpful to me is if there were not just a video, but an interactive tutorial for the tools procore offers. It would be much easier to learn them if we had to "practice" using them without the risk of screwing up our project or making a bunch of entries that we have to back out because we did it wrong. That is what keeps most of us from utilitizing ProCore to it's full potential. It would also be awesome if we could EASILY see who can see the information being input in to ProCore. I know we set up permissions, but if you have more than a couple of Admins, like we do, those permissions might get changed. It would be nice if we could click on the "configurations" or "settings" in a certain tab and just see a list of people that have access to the tab. Last thing... dammit, we need to be able to set up meeting templates. Our basic template for Owner/Architect meetings, Project Kick off Meeting, and weekly sub meetings NEVER CHANGES. We need meeting templates that can be set up at the company level and added to each project, just like inspections.

Nivek C. Nivek C.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Robust Construction Project Management Platform

After reviewing and using the trial, I was incredibly impressed with the features that Procore has to offer. In my opinion, Procore would be an incredible asset to large general contractors. The features and detail they have put into this software is intuitive, functional, and accurate. Because it was built for large organizations, the pricing and features may not be a good fit for small contractors and sub-contractors. I was informed that Procore has released a sub-contractors version of their flagship software, but upon my trial, it seemed like it was just the same platform with certain features eliminated. As of right now, until Procore really puts some research and development into small contractors and sub-contractors needs in this arena, I don't think the price justifies the features that are currently in the software.

There's no doubt that Procore dominates the construction management software arena if your company is large enough to afford the price point. For small contractors looking for software similar to Procore in regards to features, functionality, and ease-of-use, I suggest looking into SiteMax.

Pros

Its incredibly robust and packed with features that general contractors absolutely need, along with features that some may have never thought of utilizing. If your organization is looking to expand and go digital, while still maintaining a grip on your assets, employees, and projects, then you need to look into Procore.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, just an uncontrollable inconvenience. There are companies that are large and very successful who can afford Procore and there are companies who are smaller and can not afford Procore. Also, customer service in my opinion is good, but could be much better. It seems that they expanded very quickly and are trying organize a suitable customer service system. Again, not a bad thing, but it can definitely be better.

Scott P. Scott P.

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Efficient, Thorough, Feature-rich software

Pros

I like the auditable features that allow companies to ensure they are protected. The continual refinement of existing tools and development of new tools is unparalleled. The customer support and service is excellent. The mobile apps are efficient, intuitive and easy to learn for people that may not be computer savvy. The addition of Procore sync is awesome and makes working exclusively in Procore easy and second nature.

Cons

I don't like that some of the tools aren't as feature-rich as others. It is almost like they have been left on the back burner. The reporting tool needs updates to allow users to pull from the whole spectrum of information that exists in Procore. Some of the tools are cumbersome to work in, but I know they are constantly trying to improve the user experience and software functionality. The inability to determine how Procore emails display in a recipients inbox is detrimental to working with government clients. The need to be able to send emails as plain text emails is critical as government employees are not able to receive HTML emails. This requires us to do more work that and take unnecessary steps in order to work with that client. It also means our company cannot work solely within Procore we have to leave the program after exporting whatever we are working on to then send to the client.

Vickie B. Vickie B.

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Project History

Tracking all drawing rev's; tracking all change events (whether resulting in an adjustment to budget or schedule or not).

Pros

Procore provides a complete project history, from start to finish, including all revisions to drawings, parties receiving information, etc. No project data is ever lost or discarded.

Cons

Do not have the ability to create a duplicate transmittal, would be extremely useful when submitting documentation.

SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Procore

Excellent customer support as well as training and continuing ed modules.
Cheryl R. Cheryl R.

Reviewed on 5/5/2017

Procore has made a positive impact in many of our everyday tasks

It is easy to use. We strive to keep all our documents in one place, accessible to all team members and also be able to have records of what is sent when and to whom. The tracking of everthing all in one place is invaluable.

Pros

Being Cloud-based everyone has access to real-time information.

You can't beat Procore's great customer support, from the easy to following online support manuals to the friendly Online chat option. Also, I really like the training videos and certifications. As the Training Coordinator of my company, I struggle each year to ensure that our employees receive 32 hours of outside training (one of our requirements). Procore makes it much easier for me to accomplish this. The certifications and other videos interest a variety of our employees. Also, Procore is easy to use. People usually adapt to it within a day or two.

Cons

It is a pricey software, to be sure. In order for it to be more valuable, a company would have to use many of the modules to make it beneficial. Fortunately, we are pretty committed to using it as much as possible.

Genieve P. Genieve P.

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

ProCore Yay or Nay

My overall experience I would say is great. I like that I can keep track easily of my submittals, RFI's and Change orders in one location and I can see where it is at as far as whose court it is in.

Pros

I have only used ProCore with certain jobs that require the GC's to use to keep track of everything and anything that pertains to the job. Example: When I do my submittals for a brand new job, I have to submit in ProCore. This allows everyone to see what has been submitted, when it was submitted and who is the responsible party. This is a great because it's easy to keep track of and you can see whose court it's in and if they are taking too long to respond you can click on their name and send them a message.

Cons

The only thing I would say negative is you receive everyone's response whether or not it pertains to you. This would be my only down fall. I receive at least 15 ProCore emails a day that has nothing to do with our company and it's only because the way it's set up to send out to everyone working on that job.

Sean G. Sean G.

Reviewed on 19/4/2017

Job Site Functionality and Mobility Enhanced

Pros

Procore allows you tie your job site and office work almost seamlessly. The mobile app allows you to check submittals, documents, drawings, and specs on your phone without needing to be chained to your computer or to return to the trailer to look at a note on the plans or in the spec. It allows your photos to be uploaded to the same location as the photos your superintendent takes. And everything syncs up nearly perfectly with the desktop app that provides, even more, features and tools to efficiently manage your project.

Cons

There are no major cons, just minor ones within individual tools. For example, not having the option to create sub-folders in the Photos Tool is odd. This is just basic folder structure that would allow the tool to be much cleaner. Another example is the inability to save files directly into Procore. Currently, you have to save them to your folder, then upload them to Procore. This is a lot of extra work if you want everything on your project in the palm of your hand.

Jim L. Jim L.

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

All In One Package

My experinece with Procore has been over the last 5+ years including implementation of the software across our company as well as customizing and maintaining the software since the initial implementation.

Pros

Procore is an all-in-one package that provides functionality from start to finish of a project. In addition to the basic project management functions (bidding, RFI's, submittals, meeting minutes, etc...) I love the the Quality Control program capabilities including Inspections and Observations, which are critical as the job progresses. The ability to customize the input and output is critical and Procore has it included.

Cons

If you can call it a con, is the constant updating of the software. While this software is cloud-based, the continuous improvements of the software is a great feature since it maintains the cutting-edge functionality.

Adam R. Adam R.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Procore has taken our efficiency and organization of project documentation to the next level.

Total documentation organization

Pros

Procore provides an excellent framework to organize and store our project documentation. By using their workflows, we are able to keep our projects moving and are able to identify the stop gaps in our project processes.

Cons

The software environment, layout, and functionality are routinely updated. These updates mostly bring great changes that improve efficiency, but often there are changes made that are not for the better or introduce issues due to our internal network environment. I wish all users would get more of a heads up of upcoming changes as the person in our company that receives this information does not share upcoming changes with the majority of our internal users.

Judith S. Judith S.

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

All your construction projects just one click away

Procore is one the most complete and diversify construction management software. working with it , is easy and fast than the services given by its competitors.

Pros

Procore as well as its app Procore drive has a lot of Pros. To start I can tell, you can handle every single part of each project, since de contact of possible bidder to all the stages of the construction even the warranties when the project has been finished. Procore company directory tab allows you to handle all the information you need to control the process of bidding. Procore also has a very trustful integration system with other administrative process such as Sage or Building Connected.

Cons

Procore needs to develop more its capabilities about the bidding offer reception as well as comparisons of the pricing offered in order to be more useful at the moment of award the biding.

Brandon A. Brandon A.

Reviewed on 21/2/2018

The experience has been well received. we like the program. We dont use it to its full...

Pros

The ease of use, even though I dont like some of the recent updates (workflow for submittals) it has been a joy to use and has made a lot of tracking of information easier

Cons

the setting that dont stay when you change them. for example, if I have to change the way i want to look at the directory EVERYTIME I go into it, why bother. If we change setting or how the items are organized, then they should become the default settings. same goes for submittals or rfi etc...

I would like to have better options for organizing report information. example. I want the OPEN submittals to be on my report first, (not the CLOSED). but I cant make that change.... FRustrating!

Chrystal W. Chrystal W.

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Time Saver!

We love ProCore. Might not be a good solution for a small contractor as it is expensive, but for mid-sized and larger I would say you're wasting money and time by not using it!

Pros

ProCore system brings the entire team together to expedite document control and information sharing. Shortens project duration saving time on communication. The guys in the field love that they can carry around a tablet instead of a large set of plans.

Cons

Works best with 100% buy-in from all team members, from subcontractors to owners. Architects are our most challenging to bring on board. The ones who participate love it though! RFIs and submittals move smoothly and quickly when the tools are used right.

Joshua R. Joshua R.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Procore for the Construction Industry

I have worked for a company that did not use Procore and all I can say is this application makes life easier. Having the ability to access the inclusions of one of my subcontract while sitting in my recliner is a huge positive. Pair it with CMiC and you are set when it comes to documenting all projects.

Pros

The best part of Procore is having all RFI's, Submittals (and Responses), Drawings, Specification, and Photos all in the same place. Every user also has the ability to save reports, permits, contracts, etc within the folders located in each project. Access to your project with any device is a necessity and Procore makes it easy to view files when you are not at your desk.

Cons

As far as I know, I cannot record changes for each project. It would be nice to be able to have a proposed change or change order log. Other than that, I really enjoy the application.

Bob B. Bob B.

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Procore

I really like how Procore does not stay stagnant once something is distributed. They continue to listen to the users and make improvements as they go.

Pros

Procore has made it very easy for all parts of the company to be on the same page through out the entire project. Now Project Management can upload documents and the CAD and Field team can see changes in real time, avoiding the installation of the wrong product.

Cons

The biggest issue i have with Procore is that each type of device there is something a little different. A desk top computer has a different set up than does a tablet and or a smart phone. Smart phones are different based on Android or Apple.

Jon S. Jon S.

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Procore for Construction Managers

Our company has used Procore for the last 2 years and have enjoyed the ease of use and the countless features it has. If you're looking to start a construction management firm or looking to switch from a software, Procore is for you if you can overlook the price tag.

Pros

Procore offers construction managers ease of communication between sub vendors and CM's within a centralized project room. Schedules, change orders, messages, and updates are all centralized for clear communication during the construction process.

Cons

Procore is a great software but it is pricey. There are more affordable programs that have many of the same functions Procore has.

Donnie B. Donnie B.

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Low effort to learn the software. Very collaborative. Great mobile integration!

Increased productivity, mobility with a high level of information, and a more ability to track open items.

Pros

I love how integrated the software is. Every portion of the software has the opportunity to talk to the others. The customer service is phenomenal as well! I usually get a response and answer resolved in 5 minutes after initiating a question. They also take your ideas very seriously regarding how to improve the experience using their software.

Cons

There's not a lot bad to say about Procore. Something that they could improve on, though, is the reporting tool. It's not very intuitive and it's difficult to understand how to do what you want to do.

Matt A. Matt A.

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

Software that nearly has it all

This program has consolidated several aspects of project management. There is a learning curve and implementation stage needed, as it is set up for a very wide use and may not be best for everyone.

Pros

It is a leading edge software that integrates every aspect of project management and field implementation.

Cons

It takes time to get set up to fit your business model and needs to be implemented in a thought out process.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

How can you go wrong with Procore

We are ensuring that trades and engineers are maintaining dates that were being missed. The dashboard is incredibly handy

Pros

he organization and tracking of construction documents, drawing tools, RFI's, tracking of submittals, trade contact information based on the project. Scheduling is amazing and easy to track delays via change orders, weather, or whatever occurs, The support centre is always available to answer any questions and you can do that via a live chat or the phone. They really have the customer and customer satisfaction in mind

Cons

The accounting system for Canada needs some work. The GST is not an automatic calculation and needs to have a line within the budget to be processed. The reports aren't as customizable as I would like and the requisitions aren't as easy to work with

Erik F. Erik F.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

No Other Option! Procore is the Best!

Pros

Procore is the most versatile, adaptable, and comprehensive construction management software that exists in the industry. Not only is Procore dedicated to constantly improving its product, but it listens to the people who actually use it by focusing on the most pressing needs of the user. Procore is efficient, easy to use, and an overall excellent software.

Cons

The only downside of Procore is that there are not many ways to create a Project Charter or Project Map that lists out all of the objectives and requirements for a project that will need to be achieved in a particular stage.

Stephon B. Stephon B.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Procore is Awesome

Procore should allow its users to mark up the specification like the drawings are able to be marked up and documents linked to them. This feature would allow for updated contract documents whether they are revised by RFI, submittal or informational bulletins.

Pros

The web based server helps everyone on the project team utilize the same information in real time. All the contract documents are available at the touch of a button.

Cons

The drawing tab does not allow you to slip drawings as efficiently within the same drawing area. In order to split the drawings the way my project team would like to see them i would have to have several drawing areas.

Mary ann G. Mary ann G.

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Wish Every GC had Procore!

Having used a wide variety of software programs as a subcontractor, I am always pleased when I find that the project and construction management company are using Procore. I find it easier to navigate than other software and I love hell under one pro Cora login I can see multiple jobs from different companies that I’m working on !

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the free training and webinars they offer!!!! Information is organized in a clear manner .

Cons

When working with Procore with construction managers, I find that when they aren’t as familiar with the software I tend to get multiple notifications that or for other traits .