About Power Diary

Power Diary is designed specifically for health clinics and their clients, ranging from individual practitioners through to large, multi-location practices. Power Diary is online practice management software, which includes...

Browse Power Diary Reviews

Natalie W.

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Power Diary helps me save time

I don't have any double handling...I can email clients and other health professionals straight from the software which links to the respective client's file.

Pros

Tailored client note functions, easy accounting with feeds to Xero, and a willingness to look at adaptations to suit the needs of my business.
Also, support by Australian's which is thorough, quick and friendly.
Client Portal

Cons

Still a few aspects of the note forms requiring changes to make extra helpful notes for my clinic.

Timely

Reasons for Choosing Power Diary

Greater capabilities for my business type.

Fresha

Reasons for Switching to Power Diary

Recommendations from other people in the industry and from other Allied Health professionals.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the great review!
- Damien

Replied 1/9/2019
Vanessa M.

Very happy with PowerDiary

It had made it far easier for me to manage my practice in an integrated fashion. I’m essentially using just one to to book appointments, invoice clients, send reminders, keep notes, send letters, manage finances etc. It takes a while to have everything running from PowerDiary but it’s worth putting in the time.

Pros

The thing I really like about PowerDiary is that even with only a single diary, there are no limits on the number of users. Importantly, it is also very user friendly. There are multiple admin staff where I practice and it doesn’t take long for new users to get comfortable with the key features.

Cons

I think the main limitation is the lack of internal messaging. I would appreciate admin being able to send me a message that appears in the program for a different user.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Vanessa! We agree that it's important that all your admin staff can access and use Power Diary without any extra charges! We'll add the internal messaging to our list of suggestions for future improvements :)

Replied 19/7/2019
Andrew D.

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Brilliant practice management software for specialists!

We are a specialist respiratory and sleep medicine practice with 10 physicians. We use powerdiary for all of our appointments and billing. It integrates seamlessly with medicare for our billing, is intuitive, fast, with an excellent team behind it always ready to respond to our queries and cater to our needs. We love it and would recommend it without hesitation.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, fast, much simpler than any other practice management software. Very responsive team always willing to engage, field queries and respond to our needs.

Cons

We don't have any issues with Power diary. We have found it meets all our needs.

Top Power Diary Alternatives

Renata W.

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Powerdiary is a life saver

Its been fabulous!

Pros

I loved the functionality and the ease of use...it keeps everything in one place..and can be accessed wherever you are!

Cons

I wouldnlove powerdiary to intergrate with tyro, and to be able to run healthcare claims. I would also like a handwriting pad that can be saved for people that handwrite notes rather than uploading.

Reasons for Switching to Power Diary

Ease of use and functionality...
Sam K.

Functional & Improving

Power Diary saves us so much time and money. The SMS function is saving us so much time as we aren't getting caught on the phone to clients. Invoicing procedures are relatively easy. Anything that saves us time saves/makes us money.

Pros

Once you have become familiar with the software, it is very easy to use. The support from the help desk is incredible.

Cons

It can take a long time to adjust to new changes, and some bits and pieces feel a bit clunky. For example the way that the communication templates have to be saved as a draft, to be exported. Or the way that we need to 'download' the receipt to be able to print it. It's just double handling.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Sam. Invoices are created are as a PDF when printed. You should be able to print these directly without downloading them first. If you can let us know the browser type and version you are using we'll be able to take a look at this for you ([email protected]). - Damien

Replied 4/6/2019
Ian C.

Reviewed on 13/7/2019

Using Power Diary

Very positive

Pros

Easy to use, can easily enter and change appointments, can check my appointments using the app on my phone

Cons

I don’t have any negative comments and our receptionists like it but would like it to use text messaging

Response from Power Diary

Hi Ian, Thanks for the great review. I'd love to understand more about your needs with text messaging. We have some really powerful text messaging features including SMS appointment reminders and auto-confirmation, two-way SMS chat, bulk SMS sends, SMS assisted waitlist management and more :) I've sent you a direct email too so we can understand you needs more.
Thanks again,
Damien

Replied 17/7/2019
Allan A.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 29/5/2019

My review of Power Diary software.

It solves many problems. It keeps excellent records
There is a complete history of my business on the software.

Pros

Ease of use
Can be transportable on my phone.
Also on laptop, PC, desktop computer.
Excellent record keeper.

Cons

The price seems to continue to rise, I now pay double what I was paying previously.
I need more training to get some use out of facilities
That I currently don't understand.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Allan, Thanks for your review. We haven't had a price rise in about 9 years, so it might be a change in SMS use that is causing fluctuation. Our Support Team would be happy to review your account with you. Also we have free one-on-one online training available so we help you get the most out of Power Diary. If you're interested in this please let us know ([email protected]) and we'll setup a time that suits you. - Damien

Replied 4/6/2019
Danielle F.

Reviewed on 14/7/2019

Streamlined our whole administration

It has streamlined our initial interview and consultation process. It is customizable at every level so it suits almost any practice

Pros

The software has everything you need to get started and maintain a practice... but what I liked most about it was the customer service. Whenever we needed something additional, even during the changeover phase - they were there (day and night) to make it such a breeze. We wouldn’t have changed over without them!!

Cons

We need to use a different software program to store all of the documents that we use

Glynda F.

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

Positive Feedback

I would like to say thank you to the team for always providing quick and efficient service.

Pros

I like what you have done to the "Wait List" feature where it shows how long a client has been waiting for. It's been very beneficial for our practice and allows us to prioritise our clients. It's been the best program to use. I have a colleague in another practice who wishes they were on it, as it makes life a whole lot easier. Especially when it comes to the messaging service. A lot of our clients don't like taking phone calls and would prefer text, and Power Diary easily allows us to do that.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I don't like.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your great review and lovely feedback Glydna. I have passed your comments on to the team too.
- Damien

Replied 17/7/2019
Linda H.

Reviewed on 29/5/2019

My experience with Software from an electronics dinasour

After 11 years with the company I guess you could definatly say I am satisfied.

Pros

The simplicity of adding patients and the daily diary was easily followed. The ability to add other practitioners if necessary. Everything was on one system. I also liked the continual upgrading and addition and how suggestions were taken seriously.

Cons

Initially I found it cumbersome adding referrers information but this has now been improved. I also required some assistance to work out the invoicing.

Jodie B.

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

User Friendly

I have used Power Diary for two years after setting up our practice from scratch. I found the package super easy and user friendly with loads of great features. I have recommended the program to another practice who have also started using it.

Pros

Very easy to use, heaps of built in features

Cons

Maybe the statements could be a bit simpler

Response from Power Diary

Hi Jodie - thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear that we had a small role in helping your practice get up and running when you were just starting out. Congratulations on what you've built up.

Margoth A.

Allied health profesional

I have use powerdairy for eight years and has never felt disappointed

Pros

I love the soft were is easy friendly to use

Cons

The tutoring on line and updates . Record keeping and the

Response from Power Diary

Hi Margoth, Thanks for your review - although it looks like it might have been cut off mid sentence. If you have suggestions, please send them through to us. Very glad to hear that you're still happy with Power Diary after all this time!
-- Fiona

Replied 19/7/2019
Natalie R.

Excellent product

Powerdiary has helped my business run smoothly and efficiently. The help desk is great. Always reliable and prompt for all queries.

Pros

Easy to use, good help tools, good reports

Cons

No complaints about this product. Very user friendly.

Response from Power Diary

Great to hear we're helping your business run smoothly and efficiently! Thanks so much for your review.

Replied 19/8/2019
Leesa M.

Reviewed on 15/7/2019

Calms my practice

Using PowerDiary has allowed me to decrease the time spent on writing client notes, creating practice reports as well as reducing the amount of paper I use in my business.

Pros

I love how I can log in from my computer or tablet, allowing me to keep my documentation in my mobile business up to date.

Cons

I would like it if I could modify a saved file without having to then save it externally to upload again.

John M.

Efficiently manage your clients

Very happy overall. I like that I can access PowerDiary from any computer at work, at home or on my mobile. Lodging Medicare claims though PowerDiary is a time saver. I like seeing the snap shot of the week on one screen.

Pros

The Diary is central and it is easy to access other functions from the diary screen.

Cons

The process to lodge a bulk billed claim to Medicare is not immediately intuitive.

Cassandra H.

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE TO USE

I have been using Power Diary for 4 years and it is the simplest calendar booking program I have ever used.

Pros

I love the simplicity of it , it is very easy to navigate your way around, finding clients, looking at invoices.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I would recommend to everyone

Alexandra B.

Great practice management software

Very positive. Greet product that is continually improving.

Pros

The customer support is excellent. The team often make software changes based on our feedback.

Cons

Pages can take some time to load, even when office WiFi is fine.

Kirstin B.

I have happy practitioners

So far, we're wrapped with it. It's cost effective in comparison to other platforms, easy to use and makes a practitioner's life easier.

Pros

It seems very intuitive to use - although I've contacted support a fair bit to get up and running (and they've been great) - there is a lot about PD that has made sense just by 'playing around'.
The integration with Stripe makes it SO easy to take payments.
Writing (using my iPad etc.) directly into client's clinical notes during session (just like writing in a notepad) - although a bit cumbersome - saves us SO much time.
My team are wrapped with this product.

Cons

The knowledge library or 'help' database hasn't been as easy to use as I'd hoped. My searches can sometimes yield no results.
I also think screen shots of steps (in the knowledge library) would make things HEAPS easier to understand.

Josh B.

Power Diary review

Great software to initially start my business with. Very easy to use and also easily accessible from my phone, which allows me to update and put in appointments on my phone

Pros

-Easy to use and user-friendly interface
-Speedy customer support

Cons

-Inability to bulk send text messages to clients regarding special offers or 6 monthly specials after initial assessment

Liz Q.

Reviewed on 12/6/2019

Love Power Diary

Pros

Ease of use. Constantly improving. Great support

Cons

No option to colour code clients in setup

Glen S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 22/6/2021

Great software and support!

Scheduling clients and sending paperwork

Pros

Ease of use, great support, good price, and easy to set up!

Cons

Nothing I have found so far. Has met all my needs

SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Power Diary

Good features and better price!
Kerri M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

Make your Life Easy

The system saves me time and having to remember to send client reminders and invoices

Pros

As a Sole Trader, my time is limited and the ease of the initial set up was fantastic!
The systems has lots of bells and whistles however my favourite component is the SMS reminders as it’s one less thing I need to worry about during my working week.

Cons

Not being able to set up 2 different invoice templates as I work across a few different locations

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the great review Kerri! Let us know if we can help your with your invoice setup. Whilst we don't have separate templates for different locations, information specific to each location can be merged onto the invoice automatically.
- Damien

Lorelie M.

Great for healthcare professionals

I've been using powerdiary across 2 work places for 7 years now. Great service for booking client appointments

Pros

I like that I can set up for clients to get automatic text reminders about their upcoming appointments.

Cons

Still getting used to the updated format and have to click edit mode to change details of appointment

Simone H.

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Overall Power Diary is meeting the needs of our business however we have had to make a large number of changes to our processes and way of working with our clients to accommodate Power Diary. There are a number of functionalities that we would like to see.

Pros

- Visually appealing
- Ability to produce multiple reports
- Simple and easy to use calendar and client set up
- Client online booking portal
- Medicare processing
- Data consistancy

Cons

- Limited functions available on the calendar - cannot view single day of the week for multiple weeks
- Unable to limit who access notes and profile information - anyone with can access client notes and view client profiles regardless if the client is allocated to them or not
- Unable to create an overall number of sessions used in a session pack per year - this is still tracked manually

Reasons for Choosing Power Diary

Using multiple programs was becoming an issue, one for storing client data, another for calendar use and another for accounting. The customised database was becoming glitchy and too small for our expanding business. Wanting to become paperless Wanting to move away from using an onsite server

Reasons for Switching to Power Diary

Adds email relay Adds SMS mgmt. – forward SMS to business vs clinician email Adds Client classficiation Adds list of insurers Adds referrer types Limits clients to one clinician Uses gap between appt as well as slots – adds holiday capability Similar appointment type filtering by clinicians Holds price pointing People can be clients AND / or referrers / contacts or 3rd parties – 1 number rules them all Adds disclosure level Adds deidentify invoices Session notes can be locked for editing Nice templating including checklist and sections Nice comms history Comms templates allow HTML buttons like rebooking as a guess New appointments blocked Appointment warning in diary Similar merge function Client search by classification (ED) by clinician, referrer Strong Wait list by day and block of day with multiple clinicians etc Same suppress names in diary privacy Nice recurring -> pending -> confirmed etc – proper appointment log Nice message centre Bulk update of client
Adam H.

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

More professional than alternative clinic management tools

Pros

One of the best features is the customisable clinic note templates. Being able to create clinic note for each type of patient and each interaction has made my patient management so much easier.
Automated appointment reminders and communication templates add a professional touch that my patients appreciate.

Cons

At the moment the only credit card payment system PowerDiary integrates with is Stripe. Adding integration with other payment systems such as Square would make it easier to manage credit card payments.

Reasons for Switching to Power Diary

Cliniko didn't give the professional edge that I was looking for.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your great review Adam! I've added your comment about Square to our Feature Request Tracking system so we can monitor demand for this too.

- Damien