About Craftybase

Keep track of what you make. Craftybase is a complete manufacturing solution designed for in-house makers. Features include real-time inventory and manufacturing management, bill of materials costing and pricing, revenue and...

4.2
4.8

Browse Craftybase Reviews

Michelle

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

It's what every artisan needs

Once I understood that it takes time and effort to start using (and then keep using) Craftybase, it became much easier to run my business. I actually let Craftybase run ME. The customer service is top-notch (although I do wish they didn't run on UK time) and I'd be lost without it.

Pros

I love this software because the developers understand how a small manufacturing business works. They don't load you down with confusing features - just what you need when you need it. It has helped me get completely organized with raw materials, track all production, determine pricing and just basically keep everything straight. If you're a maker and you're not using it, you need to be.

Cons

I sometimes feel the software tries to be all things to all people. I really don't see why the accounting aspects are necessary and feel they are sometimes lacking.

Navine

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

Craftybase affordable option

Craftybase is not bad apart from the sales channel issue for me and it’s functionality maybe limiting as you begin to grow or you need more efficiency keeping inventory across several platforms. It is great for start up.

Pros

It is affordable for start ups compare to the bigger systems like trunk and gets the job done.

Cons

I hate the integration with the sales channels as it is very limited. I have been waiting for them to integrate with bigcommerce for 2 years now and their integration with square is horrible because it doesn’t bring in the items purchased and customer details. Instead it comes as a custom order and so it does pull from the inventory which means I have to delete the imported sales and re - enter it so it reduces the inventory. Time consuming.

Trunk

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

Doesn’t integrate with any online platforms which means manual entries.

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

Cheaper and suited my needs as a start up with one sales platform

Response from Craftybase

Hi Navine - sorry to hear you have had some issues with our Square integration. To confirm, Craftybase does fully import line item product details and customer data from Square so it does sound like something is going wrong here - please do get in touch with us via support and we'll be happy to take a look into this for you.

Replied 28/7/2021
tammie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

mostly good, but needs features.

i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Pros

I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Cons

i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

Top Craftybase Alternatives

Jeannie

Can't Live Without It!

I can keep excellent track of inventory, profits and other finances, and pull reports at any time for taxes, stocktaking and more.

Pros

I love how I can keep track of all my inventory on hand, everything that has been sold, my profits, pull needed reports, automatic uploads and so much more.

Cons

It is a little confusing in the beginning but within 2 weeks, I was majorly loving this program.

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

It was a lot more time consuming and confusing keeping track of everything on my own using excel especially when some inventory is quite large. This program does all the thinking for me when everything is entered in correctly. It's awesome! and the customer service is exceptional when help is needed.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

A great resource!

Pros

It keeps me organized and I love that I can refer to my recipes easily. My favorite part is the automatic cost analysis and recommendations for pricing new products.

Cons

Probably the price. It does get a little pricey, so I’ve had to say no to some of the features I really wish I could utilize, like the batch # feature.

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

Probably the promise of organization... and really it is very easy to use and store data. I just wish I could be more consistent with it. It took me forever to begin because I worried I’d set it up wrong and have to do everything all over again.
Cassandra

The answer for creatives

My overall experience with crafty bass has been excellent it’s really helping me get a handle on how I run my business overall I couldn’t imagine moving forward to growing without it.

Pros

I love how crafty base to make everything so much easier with managing my supplies and my cost of good sold automatically based on the supplies I enter. It integrates with Etsy it makes it seamless and super easy to manage my business .

Cons

I have yet to find a reason to be disappointed

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

Is for the creative entrepreneur QuickBooks is less about creativity which makes it hard when you’re dealing with custom made products. Ways to manipulate your inventory and your products on crafty base which is absolutely necessary for the business I run .
Lindsey-Star

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Great overall database and expenses

Keeping track of COGs and expenses.

Pros

For a handmade business, it is great to keep track of materials, recipes, components.

Cons

The storefront integration isn’t quite what I would prefer. If it was a true all in one solution that would be really helpful.
It was well worth it at the promotional price but iffy at regular price.

Amanda
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Perfect for Batches!

Has been great. I don’t really call to complain so I guess we’re all good.

Pros

This is a great way to keep track of all my inventory, batches and packaging. I love how I can make a full product and craftybase will actually account for everything right down to the time used, cap and stickers. It really keeps my business profitable and professional.
Good customer service! intergrades with so many options. Very cost effective.

Cons

It’s needs a Canadian tax/paperwork section.

Would love for it to automatically recognize an invoice and copy it in.

menu set up

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

Because it does batches and I need that style of pricing and it’s one of only a couple that work with Mac.
Michelle

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Perfect for artists, crafters and makers of any size

I’ve always felt intimidated by the inventory process, but after some quick tutorials to familiarize myself with the basics, Craftybase made it very easy to apply the principles to my business. I love being completely on top of my business, and understanding exactly how it’s doing. Having a digital solution that’s perfectly designed and priced for a small business like mine is greatly appreciated.

Pros

I found the software very fun and easy to use. It’s flexible for different industries, and scales nicely for maker businesses of just about any size. Although the software is designed with US tax preparation in mind, it can be adapted fairly easily for Canadian users as well.

Cons

I wish it was adapted officially for Canadian use in the future. I’d also love to have integration with QuickBooks Online. But these are minor quibbles.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

The functionality and price of Craftybase was far more suitable to my needs.
Marie

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

Amazing Software!

I was really looking for a solution to track raw materials and products so I can get a better (paperless!) way to track products so I can project my manufacturing schedule, and get a better idea of what products take a while to sell vs. what products sell quickly. A BIG thing I was looking for was a way to automate product pricing, to make sure that I was incorporating overhead, all materials, and MY TIME into the bottom line price.

Pros

I LOVE that I can track materials and containers in a way that automatically reduces stock when I manufacture products. No more trying to remember to manually adjust spreadsheets, or try to create my own inventory system.

Cons

Not necessarily a software specific issue, but learning a whole new "language" to understand what Manufactures, Components vs. Materials, etc was a bit of a learning curve.

Quickbooks Online

The fact that it was made FOR makers BY Makers
Stefanie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

CraftyBase fills the niche of inventory software for craft businesses

After entering in my materials used, I can link them to my finished products so that I know exactly what inventory I have on hand and which products I can make at any time. Craftybase also automatically imports orders from various sources, which are mapped to my products. So, when it's time to fulfill orders I can see which products I need to make based on my orders, exactly the materials needed, and can easily track my production, which decreases my material count in real time. So my material inventory is always precisely up-to-date, and I can order supplies when I need them. It helps to keep me super organized with minimal effort to make sure my business runs smoothly.

Pros

It's absolutely perfect for my needs of running a small jewelry business. It keeps track of my supply inventory and how each material relates to finished products, to customer sales and production of those finished products. It's cloud based, which means I can check my orders and inventory from anywhere, and each section is intuitively linked to other sections, making it the only software I need to fully track my inventory and orders.

Cons

Nothing, honestly. It does everything I wanted it to, and intuitively.

Kasia

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Amazing and a must-have for any business!

It's been great to work with Craftybase. Their support is very responsive and provides the quality customer service it's hard to come by. One feature we just discovered was bundles and we are now are able to offer bundled products with an easy and no need for manual entry each week.

Pros

We used to use spreadsheets to keep track of our inventory and raw materials until I discovered CraftyBase. It was one of the best investments we've made. Software is super easy to use, provides many tools and features to keep track of not only inventory and materials but also orders, different locations where our products are sold. It's all-in-one type of software that any business should have.

Cons

Ability to sync to regular Amazon inventory/order system.

Response from Craftybase

Hi Kasia! Thanks for the review - you'll be pleased to hear that our Amazon integration is available for any US marketplace store, not just for Amazon Handmade :)

Replied 6/9/2019
Bonnie

Ceaftybase for Jewelry Business

Pros

I like this this is a cloud-based application. It works well for a jewelry business to track inventory, expenses and sales. It integrates with a few of the more popular e-commerce handmade platforms.

Cons

Some of the bugs are frustrating. For example, some of the Etsy fees do not auto associate with sales/products. So when trying to associate these fees, the fields in the Associate dialog do not keep focus. I can click in the field and then start to enter the product or order just to find focus was lost and nothing is being entered. There are lots of associations that need to be made, so it's very frustrating to select the field and then lose focus most every time.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Review of Craftybase

Overrall, I recommend Craftybase. They make it possible to download all the data that has been inputted and see overall projections and uses that accorded. Also, it is helpful to be able to notify us when we are running out of materials and/or it is easy to see where mistakes are, so they can be fixed. The interface is fantastic from a quick glance. Just a few too many steps to input things individually.

Pros

I LOVE that it allows multiple different parts of the business to be tracked. Expenses, products, materials used, and labor all in one place. I also appreciate the ability to download csv files of the data to easily sort out information.

Cons

There are a lot of buttons to press to complete one task, so it is easy to accidentally click the the wrong button and archive materials and/or change the pricing without meaning.

Darren

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

How can I praise this software and company enough?

Pros

The best thing about working with Craftybase is the customer support. At first trying to figure the program out was rather daunting but the two owners were so very approachable and helpful in their aid they gave. They are also just two incredibly kind people who have designed great software for those of us who make things.

But maybe the thing I like most is the sheer scope of the program. It just seems to accommodate all of my needs.

Or maybe it its calculation of my COGs. I especially like that.

Get the picture? There's lots to like here.

Cons

There was one aspect of my business I was having trouble setting up in Craftybase. But then when I thought of it I had to concede that the aspect I was trying to accommodate had nothing really to do with any kind of production and therefore Craftybase wasnt even set up to accommodate this.

Christa

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Craftybase saved my sanity and inevitably my business!

I was swimming in receipts, spreadsheets, and access databases before switching to Craftybase.
Now I feel like my ducks are in a line and I know which direction my business is headed in.

Pros

I like that I have live time inventory data. I load in new items, can run reports on hand qtys. And see how many orders are pending for what.

Cons

I think it could be designed with a little more click and play.

George

Craftybase works for us

Pros

It simplifies the process of figuring out how much to charge on a manufactured item, it basically does my taxes for me and it allows me to know what I need to restock (products or materials) with just a click or two.

Cons

It should integrate more. You have all my user data, why can't I automatically Import it into mailchimp? Why can't I create a shopping list and export it to my local online diy shop? I also can't collate my inventory on the other platforms when something sells on another - access is read only. You could do more with what you've built. Its great - it could be amazing.

Amy

Can't live without it!

Lifesaver, timesaver.. Wish I'd had it from the very beginning of my business.

Pros

Craftybase is an easy to access, straightforward platform that keeps tabs on my 100s of items (materials & finished products) in inventory.

Cons

There are some small details that could be improved upon, and Craftybase seems to be very responsive to user input to improve these details.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Craftybase has changed the way we do business.

The Craftybase team is always so helpful and quick to respond. They even turned one of my suggestions into a feature and then made sure to tell me so I could use it! I really think you get a lot of value with Craftybase.

Pros

We manufacture bath and body care products and have increased our private label customer base which means there are more things to track. Craftybase keeps us on track with inventory, material inventory, orders and expenses. They are always trying to improve the software and add suggested options.

Cons

There isn't really anything I like least, but I do wish that the sales channel's variations would match up with the variations I create in Craftybase so I don't have to manually adjust every order to reflect the size.

Leslie

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Great Time & money saver for a small business.

My overall experience has been great. Their customer service has been on point....always quick to respond, friendly and professional. It's been easy to keep up with my expenses and profits for taxes too.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use. I love that it keeps my recipes and shows when an ingredient is getting low or even the whole product so I can schedule when to restock. I am also thankful that it shows my costs in making each product along with showing recommended retail & wholesale pricing, as well as what my profits are.

Cons

Some of the features can be confusing. For me, the stocktakes have been too time consuming, so right now it's not my favorite.

Robin

Best inventory software available

Pros

I find Craftybase SUPER easy to use. I make products that require multiple levels of inventory tracking, and had been looking for software to help me accomplish this for months. When I stubbed upon Craftybase, it was almost too good to be true! The software is easy to use, is detailed enough to be incredibly useful for my business, and automatically syncs with most of my sales channels. It's awesome. I can't recommend it enough.

Cons

The product variations are useful i some situations, but tricky in others. I wish I had more control over the way things are imported from the sales channels since I don't care about some aspects of those orders and do for others.

Julie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Great way to calculate prices and understand your

There was about a six week learning curve understand the software. However, I believe it’s because the software has so many options for you. Customer service has been awesome and now I depend on it completely.

Pros

Calculating your cost of goods and time spent to make your products. Let you figure out where is the best defend your time. Also allows you to calculate prices for multiple platforms

Cons

System doesn’t calculate cost of goods on product that was built prior to starting the software. I understand the reason, however, it makes the first year a little difficult to easily get your taxes together.

Response from Craftybase

Thanks for the great review Julie! You'll be pleased to hear that it is possible to calculate COGS on products that were manufactured before you began tracking with Craftybase - you can do this by setting a Starting Adjustment for the product, or you can alternatively backdate your stock changes as far back as you wish to include your past manufactures. Feel free to get in touch with us at support if you need a hand with this part of Craftybase and we'll be very happy to help!

Replied 27/8/2019
Arianna
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Perfect for my needs as a small business that custom makes products in-house

Craftybase has really made calculating inventory figures for taxes a lot less stressful. I'm so grateful it exists!

Pros

I like that it's specifically made for small/micro businesses that make their own products. There's a lot of other inventory software solutions out there, but they're all for larger businesses with very different needs and as a result have a lot of complicated features that small business owners don't need and will be overwhelmed by. Craftybase is the only software that has the exact features I need, including integrations with my sales channels (Shopify and Etsy).

Cons

There are sometimes glitches and errors however support is usually pretty good about responding quickly and making fixes/corrections in a timely manner.

Unity

Craftybase Rocks!

It's been positive in all aspects.

Pros

I love how easy it is to understand, use, and implement. I like how it automatically interfaces with my sales outlets.

Cons

That they only offer a monthly pay package. It feels like a lot to continue paying month after month. I'd rather pay for the software upfront, then pay for upgrades only when I feel I can use the new features.

Karyn

Can’t live without it!

We could not do our business without it and keep track of who is doing what and how much we really have left available.

Pros

Keeps track of large amounts of complicated inventory amounts for beads. It is invaluable to us especially for the cost.

Cons

Sometimes when I make changes to an entry later it doesn’t update the entry so I have to delete and re entry.