Craftybase Reviews

About Craftybase

Are you still tracking your inventory manually and guesstimating your prices? Take full control of your production process and manufacturing workflow with Craftybase, the leading inventory management software for in-house DTC...

4.2
4.7

Browse Craftybase Reviews

Michelle
Michelle

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

It's what every artisan needs

Once I understood that it takes time and effort to start using (and then keep using) Craftybase, it became much easier to run my business. I actually let Craftybase run ME. The customer service is top-notch (although I do wish they didn't run on UK time) and I'd be lost without it.

Pros

I love this software because the developers understand how a small manufacturing business works. They don't load you down with confusing features - just what you need when you need it. It has helped me get completely organized with raw materials, track all production, determine pricing and just basically keep everything straight. If you're a maker and you're not using it, you need to be.

Cons

I sometimes feel the software tries to be all things to all people. I really don't see why the accounting aspects are necessary and feel they are sometimes lacking.

Navine

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

Craftybase affordable option

Craftybase is not bad apart from the sales channel issue for me and it’s functionality maybe limiting as you begin to grow or you need more efficiency keeping inventory across several platforms. It is great for start up.

Pros

It is affordable for start ups compare to the bigger systems like trunk and gets the job done.

Cons

I hate the integration with the sales channels as it is very limited. I have been waiting for them to integrate with bigcommerce for 2 years now and their integration with square is horrible because it doesn’t bring in the items purchased and customer details. Instead it comes as a custom order and so it does pull from the inventory which means I have to delete the imported sales and re - enter it so it reduces the inventory. Time consuming.

Trunk

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

Doesn’t integrate with any online platforms which means manual entries.

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

Cheaper and suited my needs as a start up with one sales platform

Response from Craftybase

Hi Navine - sorry to hear you have had some issues with our Square integration. To confirm, Craftybase does fully import line item product details and customer data from Square so it does sound like something is going wrong here - please do get in touch with us via support and we'll be happy to take a look into this for you.

Replied 28/7/2021
tammie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

mostly good, but needs features.

i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Pros

I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Cons

i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

Top Craftybase Alternatives

Raven
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 13/4/2024

Craftybase keeps me on track

Craftybase is excellent and any problems I have had have been of my own creation. Keeping things up to date and adding in all of the details of purchases, recipes, manufactures, etc keeps things running great. Not entering all of those details leaves one in a bind. That's not the fault of the software!

Pros

Excellent, reliable software
Highly detailed
Integrates with my Shopify store
Powerful even at lower subscription level

Cons

Sometimes not intuitive; it's not their fault that I am new to all of this.

Grace

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Big learning curve but well thought out

I have faith that Craftybase will prove to be the right option for us. I think that once I *do* have it set up to fit our particular business, that it will be immensely helpful and far superior to the excel spreadsheets we were using.

Pros

The price point is excellent for the functions that you get in return. You can get technical support through email and they are quick to respond and very professional with their help.

Cons

Switching over from my previous inventory system to CraftyBase has been a HUGE learning curve. It's taken me so many hours of research and back and forth communication with their customer service team to try and set things up for my businesses particular situation. I'm still not properly set up after exchanging over 40 emails with them (wish they offered a tier where you could get direct phone support with an approved Craftybase consultant).

Zoho One , QuickBooks Online and Stitch Labs

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

We needed a more complex inventory management system that synced up directly to our sales platform and handled a larger variety of functions and calculations.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

The pricing was FAR better than any of the others and seemed to offer lots of features for the price.
Jen

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

Overall Great App

Pros

Good value, good customer service, gets the job done! As long as I keep manufactures and supply purchases up to date, my inventory is accurate and the program helps me not run out of materials, or over-purchase.

Cons

I still find it challenging to nearly impossible bundle products for promotional items or gift sets, even with being in their Facebook group and hearing tips from other users. It isn't intuitive in the program to bundle items together. Rather, other users share how they make it work.

Mary

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Perfect for small craft business owners!

Craftybase is essential to helping me run my Handmade Etsy-based small business in addition to my 9-5 job, and everyday duties of 'homeowner', 'wife' and 'mom'. It is a great tool to streamline major business functions.

Pros

I can enter all my materials (in my case: various beads, wire, packaging materials, etc) and even set "recipes" for popular items so that when someone purchases an item, I can "Manufacture" it in the software and my materials are automatically deducted according to the recipe I set. I then get warnings anytime a specific material runs low. It's literally hands-off inventory management!

Cons

It's a LOT of data to input in the beginning. The time invested up front is well worth it though!

Lisa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Great to keep track of inventory!

I love the fact that I can track my flavours down to the last mL! Re-ordering is a breeze now.

Pros

All the reports that you can pull from all the information about your inventory are fantastic

Cons

Learning how to initially set everything up. Everyone's needs are slightly different and wrapping your head around it can be daunting

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

I have to use both. I need Craftybase for the detailed inventory counts and I need QuickBooks for my monthly bookkeeping because that is not supported very well in CB.
Kristin

Powerful! Great way to organize and track supplies & materials

I used to use Google sheets to track my materials. I thought Craftybase wouldn't be much use to me because my sales volume is pretty low. But because I make one-of-a-kind items, that means hundreds of unique materials. My spreadsheet got unwieldy! Once I started on Craftybase, I wish I had subscribed way sooner!

Pros

It's powerful and flexible. I've created some custom categories, and it enables me to search for things by color, style, etc. A really great way to keep track of inventory of materials on-hand.

I can sort things by date, supplies purchased from a specific vendor, view only certain categories, etc.

It integrates with Etsy, which is nice.

Cons

Some things I wish I could change preferences on (e.g. when/how sales tax is counted or not).

Not really a con, but I'd love to be able to create custom fields (e.g. color, fiber content) rather than putting those things in the notes box.

Nicole
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

Solves Problems and Answers Questions, I didn't know I had

I am thankful for this program and its ability to help organize our business and the many ingredients and products with multiple online sales outlets. It also helps to see where your time and money go, especially in ways you may not have realized.

Pros

Unique format that provides solutions to small business owners who are trying to expand their company.
Provides a place and format for information that is confusing and complicated to organize.

Cons

Some things are stuck the way they are and dont apply to what Im doing or if things change in the way we create products it is hard to apply the changes.
Syncing products from multiple sales channels instead of them showing as unique products over and over again can be frustrating.

Airtable , A2X and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

None of these programs offered the functionality with affordable pricing.
Ricquel

Excellent Way to Keep Up with COGS, Inventory and Profit Margins

I love this program and recommend it frequently! I don't know of any other programs that let you keep track of inventory the way a crafter needs to, especially if you make some of your own components for the items you sell. It's amazing!

Pros

I love that you can set up everything to auto-manufacture so you don't have to go in and manually do it after every sale. It's pretty much on auto-pilot which saves a TON of time. It's also great that if you have two Etsy shops that still only counts as one Sales Channel.

Cons

I wish it didn't automatically import everything on the next import after you sign up. It would have been very helpful to just be able to import a little bit at a time to make sure everything is set up and functioning properly.

There is a pretty big learning curve, but only because it is dealing with SO MUCH information. Auto manufacture is amazing, but a lot of us don't keep everything we need on hand. If I have to order something and don't have it when the auto manufacture happens, everything is calculated incorrectly. If we could set the auto-manufacture to happen x days after the sale (or x days before it ships), it would help a ton, and I wouldn't have to go back in and manually change everything.

Also on the auto-manufacturing, say I run out of product stickers. And I manufacture 100 items before I buy more. It's just a small thing, so I just don't include the stickers in those 100 orders. But when I do buy more stickers, the 100 items I already made (but didn't include stickers) still count against my total. It screws up everything and I have to manually go back and change the manufacture for each sale. It would be nice if we could set it up somehow so if we're out of something, and we still manufacture the item, it doesn't count against the inventory of that item since it wasn't used.

I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it's really just little things here and there. The program is amazing and really does a ton of work for you.

Jacqueline

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

I love having my customers all in one place with orders and supplies

Pros

That I can do everything for my business on it

Cons

It’s hard to understand in the beginning and no one to talk to just email

Shopify POS and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

All in one and recommended in my groups
Stefanie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

CraftyBase fills the niche of inventory software for craft businesses

After entering in my materials used, I can link them to my finished products so that I know exactly what inventory I have on hand and which products I can make at any time. Craftybase also automatically imports orders from various sources, which are mapped to my products. So, when it's time to fulfill orders I can see which products I need to make based on my orders, exactly the materials needed, and can easily track my production, which decreases my material count in real time. So my material inventory is always precisely up-to-date, and I can order supplies when I need them. It helps to keep me super organized with minimal effort to make sure my business runs smoothly.

Pros

It's absolutely perfect for my needs of running a small jewelry business. It keeps track of my supply inventory and how each material relates to finished products, to customer sales and production of those finished products. It's cloud based, which means I can check my orders and inventory from anywhere, and each section is intuitively linked to other sections, making it the only software I need to fully track my inventory and orders.

Cons

Nothing, honestly. It does everything I wanted it to, and intuitively.

Justin

Reviewed on 22/7/2023

Way Better Than Spreadsheets

Pros

The ease of use in setup and management made it a great choice and a huge improvement over traditional spreadsheet management. One of the determining factors for me was being able to create and sell bundles that include multiple products that I had trouble finding with other tools. It also integrates easily with a number of viable eCommerce platforms.

Cons

I would love to see more feature related to managing finances like cash flow, balance sheets, and financial planning tools

Quickbase and Zoho Inventory
Melissa
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Easy to set up and use

Craftybase has 100% streamlined my manufacturing and supply ordering processes. I can scan through low inventory reports and know immediately what I need to purchase next.

Pros

My favorite features are supply ordering versus use breakdown ie purchase the supply by the foot and then use by the inch. The product recipe section is easy to set up and fantastic in usability. It makes tracking manufactures a breeze

Cons

I wish there was a better way to track payments. Right now it's just a check box. I would love to see a date and pay method field.

Also would love the ability to print invoices without having to download them first.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Couldn't work without it.

Pros

Craftybase is really easy to use and integrates with Shopify. Their accounting program makes tax time really easy. I love that I can manage all of my material and manufacturing costs as well as sales in one platform. I really spend so much time looking at where my business is financially in craftybase that I don't know what I would do without it. I'd highly recommend the program.

Cons

Sometimes they'll run updates without giving much notice so it'll take a bit of getting used to but is never too difficult.

MJ

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Great product for small business

It has really helped me to set up my own small handmade business! Initially there is a lot to setup, but once you get all of the baseline info in there it really makes costing and pricing -- and taxes! -- so much easier. And it gets easier every year.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. They are always adding new features and listening to what the users want. And their customer support is fantastic! They personally reply, very quickly, to any questions or issues.

Cons

A little clunky in some parts -- too many steps sometimes to get a task done. But, again, I feel they are addressing this and adding more streamlined functionality.

Samantha

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

A must-have for handmade businesses!

Very positive- team is quick and responsive when issues arise. So much more than your basic business financial software- this is tailored to craft businesses and understands how they work.

Pros

Everything I need is in one place- my inventory, my product formulas, my orders, my expenses, my financial reports. I would be lost without it!

Cons

Big time investment up front inputting materials and expenses, but pays off in the long term. A bit of a learning curve and a few small functionalities missing ( it has trouble handling product bundles) but the pros far outweigh the cons for me.

Debi

Reviewed on 10/7/2023

I love craftybsee

Makes my business easier to manage both daily and come tax season

Pros

Hands down, best customer service!! Their team replies quickly and gives me exactly what I need to know.

Cons

No mobile app for it. I work away from my desk and a mobile app would be greatly beneficial for me

Angela

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Makes tax time a breeze!

Love it. There's no substitute.

Pros

It calculates true Cost of Goods Sold based on the cost of my inventory, including pro-rated shipping/handling fees and taxes from suppliers.

Cons

Set-up for initial makes can be time consuming, but if you do a lot of production work, the time investment is well worth it.

Leigh

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Customer Service is above and beyond

I like the cost analysis of products, the recipe creation for each product and auto production for online sales.

Pros

Owning a craft business it is hard to find methods of maintain inventory levels, when I found craftybase I tried the trial and loved it. In addition to the ease of use, everytime I have a question I get a fast, professional response with an easy solution to my issue.

Cons

I can't think of any other than it does not integrate Etsy shipping labels. It will download but you have to associate it to the sale. It is an easy process. But if you neglect doing it it can take some time to catch up.

Amy

Can't live without it!

Lifesaver, timesaver.. Wish I'd had it from the very beginning of my business.

Pros

Craftybase is an easy to access, straightforward platform that keeps tabs on my 100s of items (materials & finished products) in inventory.

Cons

There are some small details that could be improved upon, and Craftybase seems to be very responsive to user input to improve these details.

Mike

Reviewed on 9/7/2023

Good

Good

Pros

Ease of setup and customer service and inventory control

Cons

Adding inventory to a second store did not show correct quantity and shows -quantiys

Rebecca
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Craftybase has changed the way we do business.

The Craftybase team is always so helpful and quick to respond. They even turned one of my suggestions into a feature and then made sure to tell me so I could use it! I really think you get a lot of value with Craftybase.

Pros

We manufacture bath and body care products and have increased our private label customer base which means there are more things to track. Craftybase keeps us on track with inventory, material inventory, orders and expenses. They are always trying to improve the software and add suggested options.

Cons

There isn't really anything I like least, but I do wish that the sales channel's variations would match up with the variations I create in Craftybase so I don't have to manually adjust every order to reflect the size.

Lindsay

My external brain!

cannot live without it!

Pros

It does everything I need as far as inventory, taxes, expenses, recipes, prices. I don't know how I would live without it!

Cons

some things are not as efficient as they could be - like doing things in batches or bulk changes. And I wish it integrated better with bigcommerce.