About Sogolytics

Transform your organization's customer experience with the SogoCX platform. Meet customers where they are in their journey, pinpoint weaknesses, identify opportunities, and take action. With comprehensive analytical power at your...

4.7

Browse Sogolytics Reviews

Mavares

Reviewed on 14/7/2018

A good survey represents a clear business idea

Save time and effort with the best results in your business

Pros

The social sciences, as well as the disciplines related to trade and finance, build their research, results and conclusions using the different types of surveys. The SoGoSurvey platform offers a wide range of templates with their respective questions with a suitable format for the surveys, as well as the most common questions and answers, and the best thing is that it offers personalized design options, which allows you to distribute your surveys by different media. Then, complement your research with the reports module, which will allow you to analyze the data quickly and in real time through the reports module which can generate results in graphics, or if you wish, in diagrams of high professional level , which can be adjusted to your needs and requirements.

Cons

Every good system, in any field, must be checked according to the real needs of the organizations, since, although there is a "basic" version of this system, which is free, it is important to evaluate if it is possible to cover all of them. and each of the corporate needs. In general, these versions are very limited, so it is advisable to contact the support staff, who are always attentive to your requirements.

Jose

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

Easy, yet powerful and compreensive

I started using SoGoSurvey quite a few years ago for my Ph.D. project. The structuring of the main survey and the deployment of the same was done without too much of a learning curve. The documentation available on their website is concise and to the point, it never took me more than a few minutes to figure how how to use each feature. When lecturing I find it easy to get my students using the platform fast and correctly, allowing time for what really matters in my courses: the thought processes and the statistical treatment of the information obtained.

Pros

It has all the features that I use, or need, in a very intuitive platform that allows me to focus on my surveys and my research without unwanted distractions. I can use it on my PCs and on my iPad without issues or complications, making it a very useful tool whether I am deploying a survey or teaching my students how to structure or deploy one. The reporting features are getting better with each iteration, although I still tend to use the trouble-free export features to do my own statistical analysis.

Cons

Nothing, really. The frequent updates have been keeping ahead of my expectations.

Reasons for Choosing Sogolytics

SoGoSurvey proved to be more powerful, and much easier to use. Aesthetics also helped, although that alone would not be a reason for the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

At least at the time, and it was about 10 years ago, Google Forms, although easy to use, was far less developed and far less sophisticated in the number of features and options.
Bertrand
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

master on factors that influence a good increase of digital behaviour.

It's too fast for it since i begin. I am a new joiner.

Pros

It support is great. Easy to use. I do not know yet if data analysis and report will be also at this level since i am studying this product. I guess it will.

Cons

Might be a short presentation of Data analysis and report to influence subsribe to this product.

Top Sogolytics Alternatives

• Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

Online survey tool that relies on most other competitors for it's product features

Good for use, heavy on pockets!

Pros

Customer support is the main thing that I can talk about this survey software.
There are a bunch of people who constantly reply to our queries and issues, and get them fixed at high priorities when required.
The overall user interface is decent, although, it cannot be compared to the other brands.
It provides a wide variety of functionalities and tools and thus seems really great as and overall application. (All under one roof).
However, this sometimes looks densely populated when you are looking for one specific function and you have a lot of ways to do the same thing.
Creating and distributing surveys is the most basic part, but the reporting features makes the application really stand out!

Cons

It copies a lot of other survey tools and tries to replicate their premium functionalities.
The product management team seems to be pretty ordinary with their thinking and cannot go out of the box to widen the scopes of this application.
The tools are way too expensive and no comments on how their overall performance or scalability measures are!

Scott
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/7/2022

Well done!

Greatly appreciated and would easily recommend.

Pros

I love the ease of creating surveys in this software. The logic is great for helping collect concise and usable data.

Cons

Individual reports on the web browser can be difficult to use. However, individual or Omni reports are easy to see on the iPhone app.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

Collecting a mix of quantitative and qualitative feedback - 30 developing country health...

We did a review and synthesis of 200 tropical disease research projects across institutions in 30 developing countries. We wanted to collect a range of information, including: their experience with the program, suggestions for improvement; sharing of tools they developed and learning that have potential for transfer to benefit counterparts in other countries.

Pros

I am not well versed in using this kind of tool. I found SoGo Survey easy to figure out, set up and rollout.
The SoGo support services are very professional and staff seem to be always available - both on the chat and for phone calls. The supporting videos are well done and enabled us to quickly learn how the tool works and configure it to our needs. Generally easy to figure out and use, especially for non-specialists like us.
The data that was output in tabular form gave us a rich 'knowledge base' that was the basis of a credible final report.

Cons

We chose the premium package 'pay as you go', as we changed our minds as the project progressed, we kept the package for one year, which was more expensive than we planned. Next time we will opt for the yearly subscription, which is a more cost effective option.

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

I liked the way SoGo was presented on the website (a very friendly impression) and in the interaction with the staff as we investigated which survey tool to use.
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/4/2020

Friendly user

On my way to create a survey. I am suggested by my senior about SoGoSurvey. Great experience with SoGoSurvey and having some assists from SoGoSurvey chat. It's really friendly user. Thanks for making my life easier with SoGoSurvey ­čĹŹ­čĹŹ­čĹŹ

Pros

- Quick respond from SoGoSurvey chat
- Structured and well-organized software
- Easy to use with the guide of Tooltips and samples
- Friendly survey tools with nice graphic design

Cons

So far so good. Still on my way to explore the beauty of SoGoSurvey

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

We're always happy to help! Enjoy your continued exploration of the platform. :)

Replied 24/4/2020
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Easy to get your data

Overall, my experience with SoGo was great. Creating, editing, and distributing my survey was really easy. Real time data collection was a really nice feature, especially when some employees were out collecting data face to face. I would highly recommend using SoGo.

Pros

I used SoGoSurvey to do initial customer surveys. I found it to be easy to use and the data was presented in a way that I could easily understand. I really liked the different question options and the bridging. Both of these features made creating the survey convenient and exactly how I wanted it.

Cons

I would like to see SoGoSurvey better integrate with other software. Being able to directly access my contacts in MailChimp would make it easier to distribute.

Google Forms and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

It had more of the features that I was looking for in a survey software and the price was better.
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

SoGoSurvey is good survey builder

Pros

I really like with SoGoSurvey's analytical report as they has many way to interpreted and presenting the data. I can view the data on charts, pie chart or any other data design that is easy to analyzed and view. The survey template also quite helpful especially when building a survey from the sketch.

Cons

It will be good if they can add more service and software that SoGoSurvey can integrated with. It will help me to managing all the software and service that i use on the one place, thus saving my time from have to accessing and login to each to all the software.

Haarathi
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 7/8/2022

My choice for Survey

Very useful software which fulfils my needs to conduct my PhD survey.

Pros

Easy to use and options for using coloured fonts for different sections in the survey.

Cons

Lag in system when using the software to develop my survey questionnaire

Cindy
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

User Friendly Software and Responsive Company

SoGoSurvey has exceptional customer service!!! This is the biggest reason I would choose to use SoGoSurvey. I LOVE the ease of building surveys, saving questions to use later, copying surveys to use again with minor edits, testing surveys, and looking at survey results. With the free non-profit upgrade we are able to get all the survey results we need to help our organization improve and meet the needs of our community. Downloading survey results is easy and the format of the results makes it easy to evaluate our results. Having used this survey company for a little more than a year, currently I have no reason to look for another survey company to use.

Pros

Being able to save questions in a question bank, copy surveys to re-use after editing, and reviewing the survey before sending are wonderful features. I can send test surveys to others for review as well. Free upgrade for non-profit does increases our survey limit so we don't worry about losing survey results because we reached our limit. Customer service is the best with responses almost the minute you ask for help!!! This is huge for me! I hate waiting day(s) to get answers to solve problems I may encounter. I haven't had very many problems with SoGoSurvey, so I don't contact them often, but the few times I have, they have always responded promptly. We can download all the results we need, no need to print it all up in order to share with members of our organization.

Cons

Getting a QR code was not as intuitive as SurveyMonkey, but their customer service easily bypassed this problem. The benefits of SoGoSurvey heavily outweigh the few things I liked slightly better about SurveyMonkey. The first year we applied for the free upgrade we needed to provide a review of their product. Because we had not used them before this was a problem, but the company was willing to work with us on this so that we could provide an honest review.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Cindy, thank you for such a thorough review! We are so happy to support non-profits like yours.

I have passed along your accolades to our support team. I know they will be very appreciative! :)

Replied 2/1/2020
Cris
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Easy to Use, Great Features for the Cost

I wanted a simple tool that I could use to create surveys including automatic responses so that I could continuously collect data on personality. SoGoSurvey was perfect for my needs - reasonably priced and including the features I needed. Embedding in my academic page is very easy and their customer service is very good.

Pros

It's easy to use and allows me to group multiple questions into one category to report the results to participants. When participants know they will see their results, they are more likely to respond to the survey. I also feel that for the features provided, the software is reasonably priced. My institution purchases Qualtrics, and while excellent, that software is priced beyond the means of typical individual researchers.

Cons

Since I'm so interested in the reporting features for participants, I'd love to see more bells and whistles there - for example, the ability to automatically calculate the overall averages for categories and contrast that average with the participant's would be very helpful. However, I understand that such an advanced feature would be unreasonable for the charged price.

Reasons for Choosing Sogolytics

Ease of creating the specific participant's report I wanted (automatic response to participants).

Qualtrics CoreXM

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

For the price, the features offered were much better.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

As always, we're so pleased to be your platform of choice for your research, Cris. Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review!

Replied 18/12/2019
Athena
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Sogosurvey: a life saver for all researchers

Overall, ive used this survey platform for almost 2 years, and have designed many survey forms with sogosruvey, i can proudly say that it has saved me so much time. It only took me a day to design my questionnaire, distribute it via link, and all i had to do was sit back and wait for responses. I could see how many responses were made and i could also see which day the respondents completed the questionnaires. exporting the data was extremely easily, it cut my workload in half, i dont think i can say the same for other survey platforms. I have recommended Sogosurvey to many other research mates and they have all thanked me for it. and now i'd like to thank sogosurvey!

Pros

I absolutely loved the fact that it is so easy to navigate around. Everything you needed was there in the same page. I also love the level of customization sogosurvey offered, there are ready made templates that could be chosen for the convenience of the users. In comparison to other online survey platforms, i found that Sogosurvey extremely time saving, to make further changes and modifications to your questionnaire literally take only minutes to complete. I have had my respondents and other fellow research mates telling me how neat the survey form was. It could be easily viewed in a mobile, a tablet anywhere. I especially liked the "smartness" of the software. It catered to every need i wanted. I could also track the responses i had from my respondents, like how many was done on a particular day. which was so convenient! Last but not least, i cannot stress enough on how good the software was in terms of data exportation. I was surprised on how neat and organized all the data was in one excel sheet. Absolutely in LOVE.

Cons

I think the free package given was a little to basic. There was too little options for a new user to play around with. The free package offered could not justify half the greatness the software actually have with a paid package. I think this can be improved with a little bit more options, especially the question options. so that there is a good and satisfactory preview of how the survey will look like. One more thing, i think the instructions and video tutorials would be nice if they were more precise, as a new user, it could be difficult to navigate around looking for things you need as it takes some time to get used to. I would also like it if i could see who has responded to my questionnaire and when they responded.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Athena,

We thank YOU for your kind and thorough review. I've shared your feedback with our development team as well they never tire of compliments about their 'smartness.' :)

Cheers to successful research!

Replied 22/10/2019
Kathryn
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms and it gets the job done beautifully!

I work for a non-profit and I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms for volunteers to fill out and give me more information about them. I researched so many forms companies and didn't like how tedious the forms were to fill out online, or the price they were charging. (Most charge a monthly rate, and the volume of forms I will use each month didn't justify the cost.) With SoGoSurvey, filling the forms is simple and someone on a mobile device can do it as easily as someone sitting at a computer. The forms generated are clean, easy to read and allow some flexibility if you want to change up the design. I created a form using SoGoSurvey for my volunteers to give me basic info; then I created another form that volunteers can provide me with more background info and leave answers to open-ended questions. Finally, I have a reference form that I can email references. SoGoSurvey has made my job easier without sacrificing the quality/look of my forms. Best of all, it is free! If you are looking for a good forms software, give SoGoSurvey a try!

Pros

This software doesn't have to be limited to creating feedback surveys. I actually use it to create online forms for my non-profit. I have a lot of volunteers who want to come and I needed a way to create easy-to-use forms for them to fill out and give me the info I need from them.
I started out using the "free" package and even under a pre-designed form, the software will allow you to go in and make changes to better reflect your needs. Just make sure you don't exceed the number of questions on the form or it will ask you to upgrade to a paid package.
Because I work for a non-profit, once I was able to prove that I am indeed non-profit and advertised for SoGoSurvey on my website, they actually allow me to use the next level paid plan for free!
I am very happy with SoGoSurvey and plan to continue using the software.
Another awesome feature is that our volunteers can be English/Spanish speaking and SoGoSurvey has the option of choosing the language for the survey at the click of a button. This is such a key feature and I love it. (you will have to be able to speak the language you create the forms in, SoGoSurvey doesn't actually translate the content for you.)

Cons

I think navigating the actual site takes some getting used to. Once you are in a form, keep in mind that you will only see the form "on top" of the pile. What this means is there is a number counter, and you must click the drop-down arrow to see the other numbers of other surveys in order to review your responses. I think this could be improved, I would especially like to see the name of the person who filled out the survey used as an indicator in the "pile" of responses, rather than just a number. Also, when I print survey results it can take up to 6 pages with a narrow column of data, rather than 3 pages where the data takes up the entire page. It would be nice if this could be adjusted.

Marisa

Reviewed on 22/8/2017

SoGoSurvey combines outstanding features with top-notch, responsive customer support.

SoGoSurvey allows us to evaluate our educational training and initiatives in a way that other survey tools simply cannot do. Some of our surveys are fairly complex, with many opportunities for branching respondents either to or away from certain sections based on their earlier responses; SoGo enables us to do that. There are also 17 basic types of reports--most of which we don't need for our purposes, but they're available--and the ones we do use are highly customizable and nicely formatted. With certain key tweaks to the branching feature--specifically, adding a "hide/skip page" rule to make branching logic easier to create--it could be THE number one survey tool on the market, hands down.

Pros

We use SoGoSurvey because it offers the following key features, some of which are not available with other survey platforms:
1) the ability for respondents to print out their responses once they're finished
2) the ability for respondents to save and return later to finish longer surveys
3) the ability to either generate a multi-use survey link OR send individual invitations, thereby allowing for tracking of respondents; reminders can also be sent just to those who have not responded
4) a large number of question types, including advanced, multiple-part grids
5) skip logic and advanced branching functionalities
6) advanced reporting capabilities
7) highly competitive pricing for nonprofits/educational organizations

The interface is fairly easy to use, and the customer support is FANTASTIC; SoGoSurvey support professionals respond quickly and always provide helpful assistance.

Cons

The skip logic/branching interface can be a bit difficult to use, depending on what you're trying to do. For example, the advanced branching feature has no "hide/skip page" option and therefore requires an expert level of proficiency in branching logic in order to create more complex surveys. It would be so much easier if you could simply have respondents skip certain pages based on their responses, rather than creating a complex web of logic rules to accomplish this. Luckily, this is likely not an issue for the majority of survey users.

Zoe
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 22/6/2017

I am relieved and glad I found this platform, especially since they offer free student package.

Benefits I received were applying for a free year student option that offered features such as export report, analysis of data, complex questions (features of plus package), in addition to customising which personalises survey to specific topic. Other benefits include fast and helpful customer support, there is a instant message section at bottom of page called 'Chat with us', allowed me to ask questions and receive answers quickly. The layout, editing and design features made it easy for me to edit, place questions, the templates of surveys gave me an idea of layout and questions which allowed me to use it as a guide but edit accordingly.

Pros

This review is on version 8.0 of SoGoSurvey. The layout and design are user-friendly in the sense of allowing you to customise the survey design and questions. The variety of questions ranging from standard multiple choice, grid options such as matrix grid, radio grid, check box grid; there are also rating scales, this allows you to chose the best option for what you want to get out of, which was helpful since I had complex complex questions that needed to be asked in different ways. The layout, type & text the look and feel in the visual settings section. There are predesigned templates you can chose from or edit it yourself by going into the menu bar on right, where you can edit the font(size, font type). The background option in the side menu allows you to choose from a variety of different background or you could include your own image as a background. I found the interactivity of the platform easy to understand, the icons, editing was made easy since you could paste your questions from Microsoft Word or another online survey platform and did not need to retype them.
The basic package is a good way to introduce someone to the platform, since its free it allowed me to see the features, layout and questions offered as well as what is offered in plus or pro packages. In addition to being mobile friendly as well since the participants of survey I did and am doing are more likely to view and answer the survey on their mobile phones.

Cons

I have only used the basic package which is free, I used this package since its free yet it does not include some of the options the paid packages do. Question options such as the matrix grid, radio grid as well as advanced question options such as placing an attachment, rating radio button,rating drop down and horizontal radio are only available in the paid versions such as pro,plus and enterprise. If you want complex questions in the basic package that ask multiple thing such as matrix grid that has multiple choice and or rating scale, you need to use predesigned templates and edit the questions. You can also paste your questions from Microsoft Word or another survey platform into the survey but you will need to edit it, choosing the question type first then pasting the question in and the different options when you select edit.
Since I used the free package I could not include my own logo. If you want to upload your own background image in the side menu bar in the visual settings section, it needs to be a jpeg, png or gif, not a pdf. You also cannot adjust the position and scale of this uploaded image, suggesting that simple or background images that are abstract are best. In addition the basic package does not include report export options such as excel and Microsoft Word.

Reviewed on 19/9/2016

Your Academic Research Friend

I needed a tool to conduct an online survey for my Bachelor's thesis. Therefore, I was reading a lot reviews and tried to compare features among various online survey tools. <a href="http://www.sogosurvey.com"Y>SoGoSurvey</a> sounded like a superior product at the price point where it is. Hence, I though I'll give it a try.

So far I've had an excellent experience, simply because I was able to include everything I needed in my survey with ease. If I got stuck their customer service helped immediately.

Overall I would recommend SoGoSurvey to my fellow students, particularly for the vast amount of features, great support, user friendliness, various data export options and beautiful designs.

Pros

<u>Survey Questions</u>
Currently 16 different types of survey questions are available (e.g. matrix grid, Intellimatrix, demographic text boxes and even file attachments). Those can be easily modified in up to 20 different ways.

<u>User Friendliness</u>
It's incredibly easy to build your survey. From the question types menu on the left side you just drag one of them into your dashboard and that's it. Each question type also has a little preview, so you can already see what they look like before using them. There is also a question bank where you can choose predefined survey questions or save your own ones.

You can also easily share one survey with other accounts. So it's easy to copy a survey or to work together on one. They also make it very easy for you to distribute your survey social media websites, regular websites, vial email and even via text messages.

<u>Language Support</u>
I think 37 languages are currently supported. So your survey can be displayed in many different languages. That was one of the main reasons why I chose this survey platform because I needed mine to be in Korean.

<u>24/7 Customer Support</u>
Whenever you have a question, SoGoSurvey tries to answer within an hour. On average it took them only 15 minutes to offer help and answer my questions.

<u>Data Export and Reports</u>
Your survey can be exported in eight different file formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, Word, XML, SPSS, Access, Sogo1). Many other survey platforms offer far less than these.

Cons

<u>Instructions</u>
Although, video tutorials are provided, I think some of the instructions could be a little bit more precise. For example, if you use a trial version, only 100 responses are allowed or in order to have an introductory text that only appears on the first page you have to insert a comment box.

<u>Mobile Phone Layout</u>
If you have a survey with a matrix grid (e.g. Likert scales) it is difficult to answer because the question uses a lot of size of your screen, whereas the space for the answer buttons are really tiny. Hence, you always have scroll a lot.

<u>Korean Language not available on the Main Language Page</u>
On my main language page I wanted to add a comment in Korean. However, the language is not supported so that only question marks appeared.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 15/3/2021

We love SoGoSurvey and use it almost exclusively now

We love SoGo so much we came back to it after about a year of limping along with Google Forms or Microsoft Forms. We are glad we're back as accountholders!

Pros

SoGoSurvey is feature-rich and has top-notch reporting tools. It's UI is very simple and modern, and it's actually enjoyable to build surveys and forms with their software.

Cons

The email templates are still limited, so if you use them instead of your native client, you may find them lacking. We don't use them most of the time.

Reasons for Choosing Sogolytics

SoGo has FAR more features. Yes, there is a cost, but the cost makes for a more professional experience than Google or Microsoft Forms.

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

Far more features and something that looks very professional and intentional, instead of an afterthought like a survey via Google Forms can appear to be sometimes.
Milo
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

University fundraiser and SoGoSurvey

We've been very happy with SoGo

Pros

Surveys are easy to create and launch with a very intuitive interface. Even those on our staff who don't have a lot of knowledge of survey techniques find it very simple to figure out the type of questions they want to ask and how to create them.

There is also an incredible variety of questions types to choose from and ways to display your questions and answers. The ability to set up branching and logic conditions may sound confusing, but SoGo surveys make it pretty easy to understand ÔÇô you'll be revealing or hiding questions based on previous answers with ease.

I also appreciate the ability to add images and multimedia options in order to engage survey takers.

SogoSurvey also makes it easy to brand your surveys as your own. Every one of our surveys has our logo embedded at the top. I can also customize colors and fonts to match our brand.

I'm impressed by the variety of ways you are able to see your results when the survey is complete. Reports can be customized to see as much or as little of the detail as you desire.

Cons

Sogo has a great free version for nonprofits like our organization. But every year they lock us out without warning and you have to email to ask for a renewal. I wish they'd give you advanced notice that it is time to renew.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Thank you for the thorough review, Milo! We are glad to hear how you have taken advantage of your ability to customize all stakeholder communication to match your brand! I will pass along all of your feedback to the team.

Replied 4/10/2020
Athena
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2/10/2018

Postgraduate's lifesaver

As a researcher, i always found that data collection as well as analysis was always the most tedious thing in research, and i have always dreaded the process. However, it all turned around when i came across SogoSurvey. I actually get excited to further explore Sogosurvey. I read the reviews, and have heard good comments from fellow friends in the research field. Everyone recommends it! Though i have only tried the free basic package only, it was good enough to get me hooked on the ease of the whole thing and ultimately willing to get the plus or pro package. I absolutely love the customer support, i have never gotten such good and quick help from customer support in other survey platforms. I am extremely relieved that i came across Sogosurvey, after trying other survey platforms, i definitely choose Sogosurvey in a heartbeat!

Pros

I really liked that everything could be found in that page alone, rather than having to navigate from pages to pages like other survey tool that i have tried. The level of customization and user friendliness is astounding. I absolutely love that everything could only be a click away. I believe that it saves a lot of time, as it does not take long to watch the video tutorials and wait forever for the customer technical support to reply. I could get my questionnaires done and sent out in a day if i wanted to! I absolutely love the customer technical support. they take literally seconds to reply and provide you with helpful and precise instructions and solutions. The data exports and reports are great too, one need not worry about exporting reports and questionnaires, the formats and what not as they are easily done only a click away in a wide variety of export formats, which does not pose as a problem at all!

Cons

I've only tried the free basic package and i found that the free features given were a little too limited.

Hanifa

Reviewed on 31/3/2017

SoGoSurvey for PostGraduate Supervision Reports

I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As part of my academic citizenship, I am responsible for collating reports on students' postgraduate progress on a six-monthly basis. The primary objective is to increase the M & D throughput rate. To achieve this objective, the Higher Degrees (HD) committee has elected to eradicate the paper-based cumbersome system in favour of an online automated system that is simpler and less time consuming for both students, supervisors and the administrative staff of the HD committee. The student reports assist in ascertaining what problems students may be experiencing in terms of their research and with their supervisor/co-supervisor, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary and to serve as an impetus for students to progress with their studies. The supervisor reports assist in determining the lack of progress from students, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities etc, identifying remedial actions to address supervisor problems in terms of training opportunities, co-supervision, online mentoring etc, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary (e.g. problem students), and to prompt supervisors to improve their supervision skills. Various tools were investigated in terms of ease of use, cost, reporting features, etc. and the survey tool, SoGoSurvey was deemed suitable for the reporting system. 29 Questions for Students and 15 Questions for supervisors have been created. The reporting system was implemented in 2016 on the plus plan and was extremely successful. I created the survey which is actually a reporting system and found that students and supervisors found this system to be extremely efficient in contrast to the manual word documents we had. I could easily send reminders to students and supervisors regarding non-submissions and could also extract the unique survey URL's for students that did not receive the invitations. It was also possible to draw meaningful reports and statistics from the system. This greatly reduced administrative overhead and I received instantaneous support from the SoGoSurvey team. We will continue with the system this year although we would like to upgrade our package to take advantage of additional features.

Hanifa
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

Review on SoGoSurvey Software used for Postgraduate Reports

Ease of use, the ability to track submissions, the ability to generate reports in various formats, the single URL key feature where it is possible to e-mail a person their unique URL, the ability to print the report as proof of submission and the reminder functionality where it is possible to send reminders to invitees regarding their non-submission.

Pros

The user friendly interface of the software, the instantaneous support and the ease of drawing reports. I used this SoGoSurvey as our PostGraduate Reporting system for both students and supervisors. I investigated several options and found SoGoSurvey the easiest to use. If students did not receive their invitation, I could send them the unique URL for their survey report. I was also able to send three reminders to both the students and supervisors to complete their reports. For the supervisor reports, I sent a survey invitation for every student they supervise and this enable me to track how many supervisors completed their reports. I found the report generation feature extremely useful and I was able to draw reports on the fly for presentation to management according to their specifications of what was required. Unfortunately, I was on the plus plan and had restricted functionality but this did not in any way hamper my use. Unfortunately, I could not populate the surveys with the details such as student number, etc for the supervisors because of the limited access. Also, supervisors and students could not save the survey as this option is not available on the plus plan. However, both students and supervisors could save their submissions as pdf files which is very useful. Generally, I was highly impressed with SoGoSurvey and wish to use it again for our reporting system.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 22/2/2016

Great experiences with SoGo Survey!

To finish my study of animal sciences, I am writing a master thesis on the subject of 'Parasite management in Austrian sheep production'. Me and my supervisors decided to distribute a online questionnaire to sheep breeders in Austria. The reasons were the easier and safer distribution compared to dispatch by mail, and the fact that I don't have to digitalise it myself to transfer them into the program for statistical analysis.
I have been searching for a online survey tool for months, but none of the providers I found, could suit my requirements. One the one hand, the software should allow me to create a professional questionnaire although I am technically not advanced. The more professional and reliable a survey is, the more the respondents are encouraged to answer all questions, I think.
On the other hand, I am a student with limited budget and my thesis is not part of a big university project, so my department does not pay for the subscripition fee. The costs for the software therefore should be preferably free.
Most of the providers (SurveyMonkey, umfrageonline.de, etc) have free trials, but the upgrades are mostly expensive. The fees per month are not affordable for me, and the billing for every response seems counterproductiv, because I want to get as many responses as possible, and can`t pay for every single one, due to my limited student's budget.
After I was really desperate on the search for a provider meeting my requirements, one of my colleagues recommended me SoGo Survey, because they offer a professional account for students for free. My colleague had positive experiences with the software. I was very happy and immediatly signed up for the basic account. I began to create my questionnaire, and found out that the tool is easy to use, the result looks very professional, even suitable for academic interests. An additional feature that I couldn't find at any other survey software, is to run reports on the responses. This is interesting during the survey, and will also be useful for the statistical analysis afterwards. Furthermore, the data can be exported easily to excel, csv, xml or spss, word or html!
I am glad to use SoGo Survey and looking forward to distribute my questionnaire and get lots of responses! I highly recommend SoGo Survey for everyone, especially for students like me. Thanks to http://www.sogosurvey.com/ !!
Stephanie Koller
Master Student at University of Applied Life Sciences Vienna

Miguel
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

Best tool for gathering surveys and producing charts/graphs/reports

My experience was great. I did a lot of my data gathering through surveys conducted with SoGoSurvey and the software organized my data into great charts/graphs/reports that I could simply copy and paste or download into my dissertation. It made presenting my data and analyzing my data so much easier than if I had to do a lot of this with an additional program. The program also had the safeguards needed to prevent duplicate entries and other factors that would affect the reliability of the data collection process. Overall I was very satisfied with SoGoSurvey and would use them again in a heartbeat for any project that required surveys or data collection.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software was that it could actually do everything I needed it to do. I had to get a premium package but it was well worth the investment to have software that could accomplish everything I wanted for my Doctoral Dissertation. I evaluated several other software packages and this was the one that was easiest to use and did exactly what it said it did.

Cons

I didn't find missing features, what I did find is that as with any software there is a learning curve. You have to learn how to do what you want to do with the software. The great aspect of the premium package was that it came with tech support and when I got stuck I would send an email and get a response pretty quickly. The helpdesk was always able to direct me to the right menu or option to accomplish what I wanted to do. My advice is spend some time learning the software and playing with the options before you actually engage in your actual project. It will help you a lot in using the software.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Thank you so much for the thorough and kind review, Miguel! We are here for all your future survey needs. :)

Replied 2/3/2020
Valerie

Reviewed on 14/1/2020

Easy for All to Use

They have great customer service, quick to respond with good information.

Pros

This survey platform is so easy for both the administrator as well as the survey respondents to use.

Cons

Nothing, it works great. I donÔÇÖt have anything bad to say about it.

Qualtrics CustomerXM

Ease of use

SurveyMonkey Audience

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

It is easy to set up and easy for my users to navigate.

Response from SoGoSurvey

We love hearing this, Valerie! Best of luck with your future research. :)

Replied 15/1/2020