About CallRail

CallRail makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to turn more leads into better customers. Serving more than 200,000 businesses worldwide, CallRail’s marketing analytics and business communications software delivers real-time...

Browse CallRail Reviews

Stephanie

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

I can't imagine an easier, more efficient way to record and monitor your business calls.

I would use any other software for tracking phone calls in the work place.

Pros

Its the easiest software I have ever used in a professional setting where your business is able to record calls and play them back to multiple people. Many of us listen to them and are able to learn from them. Were also able to track whether or not they're a good lead for our business or not, which is super helpful to know and keep tabs on.

Cons

The one biggest con is you need internet access to listen to the call, which I understand but can be difficult at times. I dont really have many complaints about the software. Its great.

Colin

Reviewed on 22/1/2022

Functional and Easy to Implement

Pros

CallRail is easy to use, pretty intuitive, and does a great job overall with segmenting call volume.

Cons

If you have a complicated marketing system, CallRail can get overwhelmed with the dynamic number insertion and may provide contradictory information between "Sources" and "Numbers".

CallTrackingMetrics

Reasons for Switching to CallRail

CallRail seemed like a better fit for our organizational needs.
Camilo

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

Worst company ever! What a disaster

It has been a complete and total nightmare and it is impossible to someone who can provide solutions.

Pros

None whatsotever!, everything was near impossible using there service.

Cons

From the moment you call this company's sales department you will catch the feeling that something is not right. Wait till you speak to customer service. It is basically a DIY service, once you pay you are on your own. if you really care about your company you will not work with this company.

Top CallRail Alternatives

Kathleen

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

Great for call routing but lacks greater functionality

Neutral

Pros

Intuitive call routing and recording capabilities

Cons

Lack of sms and mms capability on phone lines is impractical

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Amazing tool to check the quality of calls by checking recording and monitor the calls

Most helpful for Digital team to track calls and check the quality of calls to determine the scope the lead. Fantastic to track the performance of the campaigns.

Pros

Setting up the tracking number is very easy and hide from clients. Apart from this, powerful tool to track the calls and generated reports are very insightful what deliver to client during call.

Cons

Sometime transcribing of calls is off means not matched with Audio, also support team is not very supportive

Dilushi
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Tracking phone calls with CallRail

I used CallRail for specially to tracking calls beacuse it tracking less than a minute.

Pros

We use mainly CallRail to traching phone calls . Not only that we can record phone calls. Have good customer service. Most important features is before answering the call CallRail Shows automatically us from where it comes from. Easy to use.

Cons

Much difficult to tracking calls comes from Facebook, instagram

Nefer
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 9/8/2018

Excellent Call Tracking Software

Most of my client's business transactions take place over the phone and CallRail has helped us track these "offline conversions" from our marketing efforts.

Pros

Being able to see the source from where callers and form submissions are coming from makes it helpful to see which marketing channels are performing better than others.

Cons

We are not able to connect phone calls that turn into customers.

Josh Bernthold,

Reviewed on 14/4/2018

I could'nt live without CallRail!

Pros

CallRail is always trying to add new features to the software to benefit its customers ease of use and come up with better options you potentially may want to use. I literally could not run my business without CallRail. Its extremely easy to use and flat out works at a great price.

Cons

The software does have minor bugs from time to time that do not impact the functionality, they are just annoyances. I would like to see upgrades on the reporting as well.

Response from CallRail

Hi Josh - Thanks for the great feedback! Our product team is interested to learn more about which upgrades to reporting you'd like to see. Are you able to send me a quick email to [email protected]?

Thanks!

Kate

Replied 18/4/2018
Mike

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

My Favorite Call Tracking Service

We use it to track the results of our marketing campaign both in-house and for clients.

Pros

Very easy to set up. Doesn't take a lot of time. Can track both calls and forms.

Cons

There are issues from time to time with bad numbers. However, for the most part their customer service is quick to fix.

Kaden

Reviewed on 21/4/2022

Easy to use Call tracking software

Callrail has provided an inexpensive option to monitor and record calls and leads for our clients. Its easy to use and easy to integrate into our systems.

Pros

CallRail's UI is intuitive and easy to navigate. The software makes as much information as possible available to us as advertisers. The API is also easy to work with and integrate into our reporting systems. Support staff at call rail is always responsive and quick!

Cons

Sometimes, callrail will stop tracking numbers, we've had to contact support multiple times to reenable the tracking.

Spencer

Reviewed on 8/6/2017

We use this everyday, its a requirement for most clients.

Results....

Pros

As an agency that's built its client list around Search Advertising expertise, we long struggled with ways to coach our small to medium-sized clients on the importance of lead scoring. When we discovered CallRail, it was almost like someone had purposefully designed a tool to permanently end our struggles. With CallRail, all of the minutiae of call tracking and scoring is handled by an easy and intuitive system. The options are right there for scoring and playback is as simple a process as could have been created.

Seriously, the controls are large, pronounced, and impossible to misinterpret. That's good UX right there. Now, we have a system that allows our clients to exercise Quality Control and gives us the data we need to prove ROI to clients who have a hard time making the connection between lead generation and closing the deal. After all, as a Paid Search agency we can only deliver the leads, we can't close them. So, we recommend CallRail to every single client we have ' no matter what they sell.

Cons

Better support for agencies that manage accounts, better admin system for multiple users, having to use multiple browser can be frustrating.

imelda
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 18/1/2020

Call Tracking and Analytics for phone calls received from valuable leads

It solves Google Analytics, marketing solution and hit targets within the timeline

Pros

With Callrail, we can easily keep track which campaign, marketing, promotion, or keywords that works well with your clients because it gives analytics on how many phone calls or conversion made giving you an insight on which has a greater positive impact to your business . Callrail gives you report and overview on which marketing channel produces more money to your business. I can easily search or filter either through a phone lead's phone number, an agent's phone number which tracks the calls and texts i receive from a phone lead. We can easily focus on which marketing works well thus less effort, more effectiveness , better results.

Cons

The call feature is not that reliable to produce a good connection if you are having a long conversation with clients. You may need a separate softphone for a stable call connection. You can not really receive a call her real time. Most would be a voice mail but its clear.

Richard
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

Key to Marketing Success

I've been a user of Callrail since 2012. At first, the functionality of knowing how many calls my consulting customers were receiving from various Internet properties was more than exciting. In the last few months, I've activated Dynamic Number Insertion, which solved a big problem with my Local SEO vendor. And now I've gotten into Keyword Pooling, which defines the source of the visit. All very very good! Thank you.

Pros

Ease of use; price; features; support

Cons

I don't completely understand the pricing. But it's a trivial issue compared to value received

Santosh
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

Call Rail - Review

- it was an overall excellent experience working with this product

Pros

- it can be customized for any business use case
- it can be easily accessible
- all the call recordings can be sent via email to everyone
- handling the calls coming through multiple numbers

Cons

- the support can be more responsive
- the pricing can be reduced
- the features can be more expanded

Jill
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

Works as it's meant to

Our overall experience has been good. We can review the calls for keywords, leads, trends, etc. We can track the number of calls resulting from our website. It has been a good experience.

Pros

We can view how many calls are a direct result of our website by only displaying CallRail phone numbers on our site.

Cons

The transcription isn't as good as we had hoped, especially for the price.

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Callrail - Call tracking and more

Callrail is a great solution for generating tracking number to be use both in a online setting or offline marketing. They are very reasonable with their pricing structure. It is simple and fast to set-up.

Pros

Easy to set-up and create tracking numbers. The dashboard has some great features to see your call stats. The mobile app keeps you informed on the go. The price is reasonable.

Cons

Can not export visually appealing reports with graphs etc. Only export raw data in a spreadsheet.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

Great call tracking with keyword listening

Great experience overall. The platform is super simple. I have seen many other software copy them.

Pros

I love how helpful the keyword listening is in helping attributing the calls to their proper last touch channel.

Cons

Sometimes the dynamic inserted numbers fail and don’t collect the data that they would be for attribution.

Jeff

Reviewed on 17/8/2021

If you don't already have Callrail, you need to get it!!

My experience is just the best. I don't think there is a product in the market that does everything that CallRail can do.

Pros

Everything! Call tracking is so simple with Callrail. We love the call rating system. When I report on calls to a client, I only report on calls that are qualified leads, and this system makes rating calls easy. It also makes it easy to see where calls come from and create new numbers.

Cons

It would be nice if I could remove numbers from my website pool. I can always add numbers, but in order to remove them, I have to contact Callraill support.

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Easy way to Spot Check Customer Service Reps

Call tracking as the name says. Breaks calls down by user, source, date etc. its great.

Pros

This is a fast and easy way to spot check your call centers as well as track marketing initiatives . It is very easy to set up multiple numbers and you can make custom ones quickly.

Cons

The ability to Jump around inside of a recording could be improved. Its not easy to find where you are. should fucktion more like a video platform.

Meredith

Reviewed on 23/8/2021

Great product!

Pros

CallRail is easy to use and helps us set up call tracking for our customers.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind as a negative within the CallRail product.

Beth
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

Helping a Small Nonprofit Make Smarter Marketing Decisions

We spend a significant amount of our marketing budget on Paid Search to drive qualified leads to our business. Many of the online ads direct potential clients to call us. Until we signed up for Call Tracking with Call Rail, we didn't have a great way to determine which keywords were delivering the greatest # of phone calls. Now we do, and we've been able to optimize our ad strategy to serve a greater volume of ads to the keywords converting to calls. An added benefit is that Call Rail has enabled us to audit our answering service and our intake staff to make sure that everyone is handling calls appropriately and in a standardized manner. Call Rail was easy to set up and integrate with both Google Analytics and Google Adwords. The technical staff at Call Rail has been tremendously helpful and responsive during setup and on an ongoing basis. I highly recommend Call Rail to anyone wants to collect useful data on inbound calls from online ads, organic search, etc.

Pros

Great information and an affordable price

Conner

Reviewed on 29/6/2017

CallRail is the best call tracking software I've found

Pros

It's ease of use. While training is required for most software, this one is so intuitive that training needs are minimal

Cons

Sometimes, all the functionality is not clear. If it's not easily discoverable on its own, it still requires some training

Jordan
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

Best call tracking phone number provider

Great service. Tracked incoming calls through the phone numbers and area codes I chose with reliable reported and great call quality. Perfect for wanting to track specific marketing efforts or even for agencies working with multiple clients. Plan on using well into the future.

Pros

It is designed for tracking campaigns and online advertising efforts. I struggled to find a simple call forward service and found this through a facebook suggestion. It ended up being perfect and worked seamlessly. Very happy I didn't try to use a side feature of other providers, it offers multiple numbers that can all be forwarded to different phone nubmers with simple reporting and analytics in every area code I needed. Very simple and straightforward

Cons

That I can't use it the same way I would other virtual phone providers. If I want an office phone system, I'd be better off with others. It does exactly what I want it to, but no more. I'd like one company to handle all company virtual phone needs. This one has proven to be the best value for tracking marketing campaigns though, it is less expensive than other providers for this function.

Sean

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

CallRail is an easy to use product.....we use it all the time and are happy to have it!

Pros

Love that we can get an email every time we get a call. This helps us immediately provide feedback to our employees on the quality of their call.

Cons

I don't like that the email listening function doesn't have more information about the call. Longer calls take too much time to review without the speed up function available in the email, so we have to log in to the website then.

Shane
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 23/8/2021

One of the Best Call Tracking Softwares Out There

Pros

Easy to track calls and organize them into buckets

Cons

Could use a bit more fine tooling when it comes to ease of use and on boarding