LawnPro Reviews

About LawnPro

LawnPro is a cloud-based field service management solution that helps businesses in the landscaping industry streamline processes related to invoicing, client communications, time-tracking and more. Professionals can utilize the...

4.7

Browse LawnPro Reviews

Karen
Karen

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

This software is awesome! These bad reviews are OLD

We purchased the lifetime program back in 2016 and we started using it... mostly because it was so inexpensive! The was a definite learning curve and it was difficult to get ahold of anyone. I learned to adjust to the quirks and as the years marched by, I found that they were growing with me. About 2 years ago, customer rep. gave out his cell number for tech support. They have added more programmers and a BUNCH of new edits/options to the software. Right now, he is working on making the software more automated. I can't wait.

Pros

My favorite like how I can text customer rep. 24/7 and get a pretty fast response. I really like the mailing option. They put a color invoice into the envelope along with a with a return envelope. Very professional looking and I don't have to do the busy work. I like how you can select a bunch of services and assign a crew. I like how it sends them an email when we complete a service. I like how it syncs with quickbooks. I like how you can tag the customer/property. The list goes on and on...

Cons

To be honest, the list WAS long in the beginning and tech support WAS nonexistent... BUT not anymore. Every single suggestion and/or problem has been fixed or is in the process of being implemented.

Ken
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Anywhere access. Very functional.

For the most part, it has been a good addition to the business. Some of the features are probably very good but there is little explanation/training to help me understand how (and why) to use them. ie templates, automatic emails, etc.

Pros

The fact that I can access from my phone, laptop, desktop, anywhere is so convenient. Allows several people to input data at different times with different access. Customer services flow through from input to service to completion, which is not something every software program has.

Cons

Customer support is somewhat lacking. While I am able to get a text back, my suggestions/concerns are never fully answered. It seems like they are always "on a list" but never come to fruition.

frank

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

Not for everyone

if you have any issue at all good luck getting someone, only chat box is available and they have little to no answers, typical corporate stuff like dodge the actual question and make you ask it in 10 different ways to get an answer.

Pros

ability to set up contract payments with customers over the year

Cons

zero customer service, awful. phone number , dont bother trying to call. [sensitive content hidden] is non existant and doesnt care about the business. the accounting portion of the software totally unreliable it makes up its own numbers. i have all screen shots as proof if you need that. customer has 10 invoices every single invoice is a different tax rate but i only set up 1. makes no sense. they have no answers i was told after 1 month just to answer the question

Response from LawnPro Software

HI Frank, you can alway reach us by text and live chat, 365 days a year. No one here dodges questions. We care about the business. We work really hard to make this the best software it can be. We have been in business since 2004. I'm glad to look into your tax rate issue. My guess is, it is set one rate on the customer level but a different rate for that property or the service done on that property.

Replied 29/1/2024

Top LawnPro Alternatives

john
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 1/2/2020

Lawn Care Review

Overall this is a great software and I am happy I switched to it.

Pros

This software is simple to navigate and use. Great scheduling options and time management options is good for employees to be able to start and stop timers.

Cons

Invoices being sent automatically. I can not find an easy way to automate invoices.

Reasons for Choosing LawnPro

I was the first customer for the product and their payment options were just not what I needed to grow.

TurfHop

Reasons for Switching to LawnPro

Price point was everything for LawnPro. One time purchase was the best thing in my opinion.
Dereck

Reviewed on 24/3/2020

Helps My Lawn Business Tremendously

My overall LawnPro experience has been great. Was not too difficult to learn how to use but it does have a learning curve like most software. Has everything I need for my small 2-4 man business. Makes my office activities way easier and I could not operate without it.

Pros

The scheduling portion is my absolute favorite. Very easy to use and organize. Easy to move clients around, overall a great experience with the scheduling software.

Cons

The cost of taking a credit card is more expensive than quick books and I really want to be able to get customers to sign a maintenance contract online from the software.

Reasons for Choosing LawnPro

I liked the interface and price of LawnPro. It just seemed to make my life much easier than yardbooks did.

Reasons for Switching to LawnPro

Service autopilot was far too expensive for my small operation.
ricardo
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

Best App on the Market

I love this app and I will never switch

Pros

Being able to add my equipment and keep track of tasks and maintenance of equipment

Cons

I need more tutorials. Maybe video demonstrations as well.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to LawnPro

Super simple and i wanted to get with a company that stands behind their products.
Thomas

Reviewed on 6/2/2021

Good product but a little bit difficult to learn all features

Good, I am glad I signed up.

Pros

I like the way that everything is laid out and compartmentalized making organization easy.

Cons

Software education and ease of use can be a bit of a road block. I don't know how to do something basic and have used it for almost a year.

Jobber and Service Autopilot

Reasons for Switching to LawnPro

It was affordable and seemed simple enough for the scale of my business. It will be something we move on from but not until we are a bigger company.
Robert
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 5/6/2020

Nice to use

Pros

I like the billing set up on sending out invoices and how my customers can pay me.

Cons

I cant think of anything I dont like at this time

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to LawnPro

I didnt have to pay a monthly fee. And I is set up for lawn care.

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Great Value

Accomplishing exactly what I need it for

Pros

User friendly layout for new field operators. Affordable entry point

Cons

certain features and restricted unless paid for as add-on

Jobber and TurfHop

Reasons for Choosing LawnPro

non - intuitive design and poor customer service of old one

intuitive design. & Free entry point up to 50 customers
Kevin
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 4/7/2021

Lawn Pro is the best

Pros

The Ease of use and great customer support.

Cons

None so far, any problems that I run into are quickly explained by customer support.

Tom

Reviewed on 2/2/2020

Simple yet effective

Pros

I like the ease of use of LawnPro. I had tried probably about 10 different lawn based CRM/Scheduling softwares and I either didn't like them (overly simplified and not able to be customized to my business) or I couldn't understand and figure them out. LawnPro was simple and had all of the features I had been looking for from the beginning.

Cons

At first the Mobile version was not as simply used as the desktop version. However I was assured they were working on it. They have had the app out for a few months now and it is just like using it on my computer. Simple and efficient.

Jobber and Service Autopilot
Mike

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

Time saver for Small Business

I love that I can schedule clients and teams of workers, print a cut list for each one, also being able to drag and drop a scheduled appointment into another time slot. I can change customer info on the page I'm on rather than having to go to another page to do that. There really is so much that this software does for me that it is hard to list all of the benefits for me. One of the most important features I love about this software is the fact that I can personally text [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he responds very quickly to answer my questions, and they are always listening to their clients to see how the software can be improved.

Pros

I love how this software is made with lawn care professionals in mind. And you can choose how much or how little you want to use of the services available. For example I choose to send my own invoices, but that is a service that is available to use with the software.

Cons

I really don't have any Cons with the software, It has been a real life saver for me.

William

Reviewed on 31/1/2020

Love the software

Pros

LawnProSoftware does "NOT" have screens with hundreds of buttons all over. The logic and flow of the software is simple and not confusing like most other crm's

Cons

There's not really anything I like least about it. LawnProSoftware is not some big Corp America business with thoughts and ideas that take away from customer service.

RealGreen and CLIPitc

Reasons for Choosing LawnPro

Work flow to optimize labor costs
Jeffrey

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

Neighbors

Pros

Cheap. Easy to use. new features all the time.

Cons

Automations have to be repeating over time then stop then when you want theme to. Create a master automation for each section of the company. then set updates thats things were not updated for the end of the year and the beginning of the year.

Kumar

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Lawn pro software

I have been with Lawn pro for many years. They have evolved into a great business partner,
and the internal improvements are continuous. Its not possible to be perfect, but the lawn pro team strives to go above and beyond in their feature rich program.

Pros

The software has all the tools needed to run the logistics of my business.
lawn routing maps w multiple crews
multiple properties for larger clients
integrated invoicing w credit card and ACH payments
and crew management

Cons

The time tracking / payroll assistance features are being upgraded but are currently a weak link.
Integrating images and multimedia into emails and texting could be improved.

Chance

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Awesome Software!

I've been using LawnPro for over 2 years. Tech support is just a text away. He always responds quickly to any questions I may have. Also, very open to suggestions on how to make it better. They're always updating and improving and it just keeps getting better. I love it!

Pros

Ease of use. Granted, there is a learning curve but overall it's very easy to use.

Cons

I think the only thing I don't like is the texting portion of the software. It doesn't allow me to text from a 5 digit number. It picks an actual phone number that has the same area code as my business number. It confuses clients and makes them think I have two numbers. I don't want that. I want to be able to do blast texts to all of my clients without giving them the option of replying.

Jimmy

Reviewed on 28/1/2020

Awesome Solution for Landscape Companies

In one word: exceptional. These guys are lawn car professionals who found themselves in the software business. I am a software professional who found myself in the lawncare business. Once I spoke with the team there I knew it was the only way to go for me.

Pros

I was impressed with the credentials on their website and could not believe the powerful features available in such an affordably-priced software.

Cons

There is not really anything I don't like. I even like the fact the developers are open to new ideas and have added a feature or two I have suggested.

Matthew

Reviewed on 2/2/2020

Best money I ever spent!!!

My overall experience has been nothing but exceptional anytime I’ve ever had any issue [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done everything to get it resolved immediately. I LOVE this software!!!!! I recommend it to everyone I know in the lawn business

Pros

Makes life super easy especially when you can email customers invoices also has many other very useful functions like scheduling so if you have multiple trucks they can all have their own schedules and as the administrator you can see all their schedules and see how they’re progressing through the day

Cons

No cons best product on the market hands down!!

Reviewed on 7/2/2022

Mike Review

It mainly helps me with cutting time from Invoices to scheduling to expense categorization

Pros

The design of estimates and invoices and the ease of use

Cons

There are not a ton of support videos that i could find available

Price and simpler
Stephanie

Reviewed on 21/6/2023

A completely horrible software and company

I am very disappointed and would never ever recommend this software to anyone. I have lost 2 customers due to their horrible system

Pros

Nothing. I would like it if the customer support was actually helpful

Cons

I had three different instances where my customer was auto charged an insane amount due to the system creating a random invoice and charging the customers card even though I had auto charge turned off. When I reached out to customer support I received absolutely no help and the customer support lady, [sensitive content hidden], was unprofessional and lazy. She wouldn’t help me and wouldn’t even get me in touch with someone above her.

Morgan
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 15/3/2022

Top Notch

Very pleased and will continue to use the product.

Pros

I’ve used LawnPro since the beginning when it was LawnPro 1. It’s always been great and easy to use. It’s helped me manage my growth easily and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always easy to reach if I have a question or problem. Thanks [SENSITIIVE CONTENT] for making a great product!

Cons

The only thing is maybe make some videos on how to use each feature. They may already exist and I don’t know about them. But other then that all good.

Luke

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Does Exactly what i need it to

The software has kept me and my business on track and thank the great support staff behind the code. i tried this software on a whim but stopped looking for programs when i came upon Lawn Pro

Pros

Creating on-the-fly invoices and with a stable and reliable group of guys that have helped me out when i hit a snag in over 50 invoices. the invoices look and feel professional and am proud to hand it to a client for payment. :)

Cons

the one thing that has lacked is when i needed to route more than the allotted spots for snow. i would have to triple check my list and figure where the missing clients needed to fit into the array houses i needed to visit.

Donald

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Lawn care/Landscaping Management software

Before I purchased LawnPro software, I had trouble tracking my schedule from week to week. Especially if I had to reschedule services due to inclement weather. Now, all of my work is maintained on a calendar and it is easy to reschedule client's services.

Pros

Easy to use and keeps myself and crews organized.

Cons

When multiple invoices are completed on the same day for the same customer, it is confusing to manage them if they are repaid individually on different dates.

MARIA

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

GREAT COMPANION

I keep track of my husbands lawn service schedule and invoices.

Pros

I like emailing invoices and getting paid with cards without me having to talk to the clients, Also that the bills are marked paid and I dont have to do it.

Cons

when the clients reveive the bill they have to click on the invoice number to find the link to pay with their card. I have to explain that to all new clients.

Kendall

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

Great software with all the features

I have no experience with any other software specific to lawncare co management and would not hesitate to use again.

Pros

Easy to schedule, keep track of finances and clients, and I like the reports.

Cons

Some updates/changes went under my radar. Concerned at how secure the client portal is.