Miro Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Miro

Miro is a visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together. Miro enables distributed teams to come together to synthesize information, clarify complex...

Browse Miro Reviews

1,492 of 1,492 reviews
Andoni
Andoni
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage.

It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas.

It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace.

I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand.

Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile.

Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork.

In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas.
I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro.

Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture.
I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference.

It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Milanote, Canva and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

Trello, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)
Kelly M
Kelly M

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Excellent multipurpose software with functional features

An array of tools and templates for specialized purposes make it simple to get started, and it's simple to find what you're looking for when you do. A fantastic user experience on every device, regardless of operating system, is ensured by being platform agnostic. It has allowed us to hold more successful seminars without depending on countless physical post-it notes, and to cooperate effectively while having a remote team and customer base.

Pros

Any product designer, UX designer, UI designer, or member of a remote design team should have a copy of Miro on hand. It's a great tool for design thinking, brainstorming, and whiteboarding. Their great templates will also assist any novice get started and hold fruitful meetings.

Cons

For freelancers on a tight budget, Miro might be prohibitively expensive. For established agencies, though, this is ideal. Even though a voting tool was recently added to the product, a wider range of interactive elements would help us better engage audiences and create better workshop experiences.

Reviewed on 9/1/2024

User-Friendly Collaboration across Teams

Felt really wow with it on the first glance.

Pros

The UI is perfect, clean, visually appealing and lag free. All in one tool which can be used for brainstorming, planning and communication. Drag and Drop functionality makes it very easy to create complex boards with ease, even if you use it for first time. There are multiple templates available as well as user created samples which help you plan ahead and get started quickly without any worry. Auto save and being able to see team members in action while working keeps everyone clear of any confusion which collaborating together.

Cons

Can be a little pricey for smaller teams, but free version is equally powerful. Offline availability and ability to export my board can be improved.

Top Miro Alternatives

Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Miro was fine but it didn't seem to work the way I expected it to

In preparation for a conference, my company sponsored a bunch of innovation groups across the organization and we used Miro since we were from remote teams across the world. For that, it worked well to use the sticky notes and other collaboration features in place of a whiteboard. However, as mentioned above, the product was not intuitive and we were not provided training. With more training, I am sure it could have been an excellent product.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of different features that can be used by a variety of people to collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously, and everyone can use it in their own way

Cons

I didn't find the software intuitive to use. I kept wanting to click in a certain way or drag in a certain way, and it just didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do

Mary

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Can't imagine life without Miro

Miro is an indispensable tool for me. It has streamlined collaboration, enhanced productivity and fueled innovation in ways that I never imagined. Miro is critical to my business and work, and I recommend it for anyone seeking a powerful, user-friendly, collaborative platform to bring together their teams and amplify creative capabilities.

Pros

Miro has been a game-changer in my professional life. It's collaborative whiteboard features have seamlessly integrated into my workflow, enabling me to work with clients and colleagues around the country. Whether it's brainstorming sessions, organizing thoughts, or structuring strategies, Miro has been a linchpin of productivity and creativity for me.

Cons

It can be difficult to manage board access for people who aren't a part of your team. Miro offers view-only access, but I've run into trouble getting editable access for non-users.

Aamir

Reviewed on 4/1/2024

Miro Life saver

Overall its too good and most helpful tool to build the milestones

Pros

Its easy to explain to whole team and managers

Cons

Sometimes it takes time to load the whole information if we are on screen sharing.

Patrick
Patrick
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Would recommend

Pros

Easy to visualise complicated workflows and ideas

Cons

Within the notes it does not allow the nicest text editor

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 8/1/2024

Tool allows to Collab

Overall very happy with the product. As explained in Pros. It really makes life easy when we do a remote work and teams are present in remote.

Pros

It allows to collaborate amongst big teams
Allows to picturize the diagram, project flow etc
Allows to multiple people adding or editing the same page
Allows to import data from excel etc

Cons

You have make sure you save your sheets on you namespace rather than public if you are concerned for security.

Zsolt
Zsolt
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/1/2024

Collaboration made easy

Pros

Miro makes online collaboration much easier. It is like a whiteboard for video call meetings to sketch and collect ideas better.

Cons

It can be a bit chaotic after a certain size and it can freeze with many users online at the same time.

Stefania
Stefania
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/1/2024

Keep it up miro

Pros

I like that you can work in a group on the same space, I find it easy and intuitive to learn, even if you are less experienced

Cons

I would integrate a vocal part where it is possible to talk to the group while working

Veljko

Reviewed on 21/4/2020

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting...

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to.
The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool.
Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc.
What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Satya

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Bluescape and Ziflow

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do.

I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Melissa
Melissa

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Miro helping to increase productivity and efficiency

It's a fantastic platform for collaboration amongst many stakeholders, including UX, POs, and many more. It has been tremendously helpful to be able to naturally depict thoughts and concepts and to utilise Miro as a whiteboard for several reasons. Our project management procedures have been made more efficient and streamlined. The collaborative capabilities offered by MIRO, however, allow people of diverse backgrounds to contribute ideas without necessarily speaking out.

Pros

It is fairly easy. It runs well and usually has an understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. We often communicate with our personnel and concerned parties using Miro. Additionally, the frameworks built into the software assist organise meetings more quickly. In addition to allowing you to express your creativity, the vast selection of activity templates, marker colours, custom icons, voting, comments, CMS integration, and document collaboration enables you to run workshops successfully. With the diversity of tools and plugins it supports, Miro can assist you in expressing them. It is also straightforward enough so that you won't feel overwhelmed and can concentrate on your job.

Cons

The projects' lack of organisation is what I detest the most. The search is also not optimal as there is no hierarchy, tiers, folders, etc. The administrative dashboard and user organisation in Miro have also been a problem for me. Although the programme is typically simple to use, I have encountered difficulties navigating it when working with many Miro accounts. However, after showing teams the value of whiteboarding, they frequently become more receptive to it.

Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 5/4/2023

The templates are a great way to get started quickly

Miro facilitates remote collaboration for teams. Having a place where the whole team can get together and discuss how to improve the tools, process, or development is crucial for my organization.

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of having members of my team work from home and the convenience of being able to brainstorm ideas together. Changes in workflow and process may now be quickly and easily whiteboarded thanks to this helpful program. Miro facilitates cross-team communication and collaboration for ideation, process mapping, and more inside the Marketing department.

Cons

There isn't much about Miro that worries me. I wish we could make our own templates and preserve them. There was also an option we could click to export our Miro creations to Powerpoint. Other than that, it's a great tool that I enjoy using.

Christian
Christian

Reviewed on 22/8/2023

It is a very simple and robust application for all kinds of projects

The capacity to consolidate thoughts and efforts from many file types is a significant benefit. And unlike its rivals, it allows you to talk to your team members without switching platforms. As a result, teamwork is improved and workflows experience less friction.

Pros

It's one of the best tools you may have for any kind of job or play because it's versatile, creative, and simple to use. It's great because it's easy to import content from other formats and platforms, you can work with an endless canvas, and your team can interact and collaborate in real time.

Cons

When I'm working on a project in my area, I rely heavily on journey maps and group brainstorming sessions. It's not simple for me to import data from other programs like Figma or Invision.

Hafiz
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 24/4/2022

Friendly interface

Miro has been simple and most effective way to boost my creativity to the next level.

Pros

Miro has helped me in a lot of areas range from gathering ideas to final delivery. This software is very easy to use because the interface is very friendly. Miro also has template-ready to use. I recommend to you to try all the template that suits your project and need.

Cons

It’s hard to navigate. Sometimes I lost to find which board is which when my board is getting bigger. It would be nice if we can name every section, so when we right click, we can easily choose which section we want to go.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I’m trying to find which software is more user friendly and useful to my projects.

Asana

More user friendly.
Remco

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

An enhanced digital whiteboard with the freedom of a whiteboard allowing you to do so much...

Planning and organizing, decision making, collaboration, brainstorming. I finally have a planning tool that works for me.

Pros

I've looked far and white for methods to do my project planning and tracking. Using the visuals Miro offers me is beyond anything i have found thus far. I finally get my plans in order and get more things done. Both for myself as for my team. Use it heavily to visualize dependencies, use size to signal importance, colors for status (to do-working-done) and use tags to mark technical debt. Zoom out to have the bigger picture like the decision trees, guiding principles. Zoom in and find the details for the daily job, mark your technical debt and more.

Cons

Because the interface doesn't get in your way, starting might be a little hard. I've had no problem with this myself, but found colleagues requiring some time to master Miro.

Francisco
Francisco
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/5/2023

Solution for brainstorming and great useful tool for group projects.

By displaying all of the possibilities and ideas on a clear whiteboard, I am able to have a better grasp of the study and determine a path for the project. Having a Miro board facilitates teamwork since collaborations in Miro provide various benefits by offering feedback during brainstorming, and Miro's rapid reaction during collaborations aids us in this process. Miro is what I use for group projects and presentations, especially mind mapping and information collecting on a collaborative whiteboard.

Pros

Miro is usually the ideal choice for my brainstorming and research sessions, with a highly user-friendly interface and enough of area for thoughts. I also like the process in Miro, as well as the templates and possibilities it provides. I enjoy the amount of information you can maintain on the board; the board provides a nice overview and makes group work easier; sticky notes and frames are particularly useful. It's fantastic to be able to design dashboards that aggregate all of the information, allowing you to view the large picture while focusing on the minutiae.

Cons

Research category divides within a dashboard should be more defined, and frames may include more color options or their own identities. Miro might also provide better tools for exporting individual notes or references. Text boxes only allow for a limited amount of text; occasionally more than bullets are required, and it would be ideal if the text box could store an entire A4 page of text; it is hard to utilize earlier boards since active boards are restricted.

Shannel
Shannel
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Reviewed on 26/9/2023

A perfect digital workspace for managing work and collaboration.

With an organization like ours where most of our projects are based on climate evaluation and analysis, we tend to have teams working both remotely and on site. We use Miro as a link between these teams where we get a shared workspace for us to meet digitally and collaborate on the projects. Moreso, Miro helps us to plan our project works which includes creating diagrammatic representations of the projects for easier visualization and monitoring.

Pros

It was easy for us to implement Miro in our organization. When getting started with Miro, there were alot of simply designed in-built templates which helped us to learn quickly how to maximize the abilities of Miro features. I also like how Miro flexibility allowed us to integrate it with multiple other products that were already existing in our organization. Miro offers us with the best visualization tools which makes it easy to us to visualize our projects in order to have clear understanding on how the projects are progressing. With Miro, were able to collaborate with the other teams who are working remotely without any interferences.

Cons

The intuitive user interface of Miro makes it so easy to learn the product architecture and this makes it easy to navigate through it. All the times i have used Miro, i always get a flawless experience so no complaints.

Mary

Reviewed on 21/3/2023

My favorite collaboration tool

Miro helps me run collaborative workshops, visualize important things and facilitate better decision-making. It also helps me create a shared understanding within my teams. Miro helped me keep people on the same page when it was impossible to get everybody in the same room.

Pros

Miro is very easy to use and provides great features for facilitators so that they can set up their boards easily and run meetings and workshops smoothly. I love how easy it is to set up new boards and align and cluster objects and I also like how the features are constantly being improved. The voting feature is a good example of that, it used to be challenging to use it with less experienced people but the user experience has improved a lot.

Cons

It would be great if Miro had different user groups within a team so that I could give them different permissions and then easily select the groups when creating a new project. I wish there were more colors of sticky notes or that we could set up the color the same way it's possible to do with shapes. I also wish it were possible to skip frames in presentation mode or determine which frames on the board I want to show when presenting. I wish it were possible to change the size and position of the timer and have more than one timer at the same time.

Molsy
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 17/3/2023

A creative solution to collecting team members' ideas during interactive meetings

With Miro, the cooperation between colleagues has become more powerful and effective, as it is great that we see the additions of team members directly on the whiteboard, which enables us to always discover new solutions to implement plans better.

Pros

Miro always helps us devise effective ways of collaboration to ensure we stay on the right track, as the whiteboard from Miro, in addition to the set of tools and features, is very great for organizing interactive meetings where we can exchange ideas and solve problems. Using emojis, shapes, arrows, and text boxes to create a workflow charts is very simple. I also like how Miro also allows us to collaborate on Proto-Personas, prioritize and set up experiment maps, and I also like that there are so many ready-made templates that give us great ideas for making all of those charts and more easily. It is also good that we can request the approval of the participating members on the final charts before they are sent for approval by the responsible manager.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Miro, especially since the interface is intuitive, the learning curve is very low, and adding new members is easy.

Njoki
Njoki
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

The power of collaboration, work planning and management lies in Miro.

Miro's gain has been incomparable with the misses. With Miro, we have been able to achieve a successful workspace where we can collaborate on our work as a team, plan our work and visualize how we are progressing with the work. With Miro, we are ensuring that every project we have is completed within the right timelines and everyone is involved in the project.

Pros

There is a lot more that we are able to do with Miro from collaboration, planning and organizing our work, mapping and visualizing our work and much more and this allowed us to reduce the number of products we are having at our infrastructure since we solving multiple problems with just one product. Miro allow us to strategize our work and lay straightforward plans using Gantt chart to direct us on how to go about it. Also, it helps us to map our projects in terms of flowcharts and diagrams for better understanding of how we are supposed to have a systematic flow of work delivery.

Cons

It being a robust product with multiple functions in it, sometimes it get a little confusing on which features you are supposed to choose for your work.

Jael
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 3/8/2021

Great online collaboration tool

Miro kinda saved me when I didn't have any alternatives in facilitating my creative sessions when Covid hit. I was able to implement it very quickly and it resonates to most of the users I have so far introduced it to. Great tools and templates to make work efficient.

Pros

It is a very reliable collaborative tool that provides a very intuitive user experience even for the most digitally challenged users. Most of all, it makes many dreadful meetings more fun.

Cons

As an admin it is difficult to manage my team. Currently it is very hard to control the type of membership of people in my organization. I have paid members, free members, trial members, free non-team users and everything in between. It seems like I cannot find a proper approach to have people join as a free member, it just happens, or doesn't. Also, it's a bit annoying that opening a board results in the 'hand' tool by default, while there are many other navigational tools available. Set the normal cursor as default instead?

Mural