About Miro

Miro is a cloud-based collaboration tool for small to midsize businesses. The solution features a digital whiteboard that can be used for research, ideation, building customer journeys and user story maps, wireframing and a range...

Browse Miro Reviews

1,061 of 1,061 reviews
Fetiye
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Great for visualizing your ideas!

Great for people who work in teams! It helped us to brainstorm for research ideas collaboratively. The whiteboard is excellent and very practical to use. You can teach how to use the tool to anyone; a very techy person and a person who is not so tech-friendly can easily understand and start using it. Data security protocol has high standards.

Pros

It allows collaborating with others. It makes the brainstorming process more visual and more effective. It helps to trace the process easily.

Cons

If you have a small screen, it might be challenging to see the full board sometimes.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Miro helping to increase productivity and efficiency

It's a fantastic platform for collaboration amongst many stakeholders, including UX, POs, and many more. It has been tremendously helpful to be able to naturally depict thoughts and concepts and to utilise Miro as a whiteboard for several reasons. Our project management procedures have been made more efficient and streamlined. The collaborative capabilities offered by MIRO, however, allow people of diverse backgrounds to contribute ideas without necessarily speaking out.

Pros

It is fairly easy. It runs well and usually has an understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. We often communicate with our personnel and concerned parties using Miro. Additionally, the frameworks built into the software assist organise meetings more quickly. In addition to allowing you to express your creativity, the vast selection of activity templates, marker colours, custom icons, voting, comments, CMS integration, and document collaboration enables you to run workshops successfully. With the diversity of tools and plugins it supports, Miro can assist you in expressing them. It is also straightforward enough so that you won't feel overwhelmed and can concentrate on your job.

Cons

The projects' lack of organisation is what I detest the most. The search is also not optimal as there is no hierarchy, tiers, folders, etc. The administrative dashboard and user organisation in Miro have also been a problem for me. Although the programme is typically simple to use, I have encountered difficulties navigating it when working with many Miro accounts. However, after showing teams the value of whiteboarding, they frequently become more receptive to it.

Samuel
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Bad customer service, complaints handling

Cons

Total waste of time. I asked Miro team to cancel my membership, they do not reply to you. There is no telephone line working, they keep charging your credit card and do not respect customersI had a bad experience with Miro. I email support team and [SENSITIVE CONTENT].I had to open a complaint with my bank and credit card issuer to stop payment I have not hers from Miro team, they only use automated responses for email

Top Miro Alternatives

Festus

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Create Excellent Wireframes With Ease

i used miro to built great wireframes and also collaborate with other designers for ease of work so as to be able to deliver a great job

Pros

1. Simple and easy to use and understand interphase2. samples of prebuilt wireframes3. great library of elements and tools needed to create a great wireframe for any project

Cons

i think it should be enabled for all devices.

Adobe XD

Reasons for Choosing Miro

the other platform was kind of complex to use

Figma

Simple user interphase
Naveed

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Good software but has some glitches

As I mentioned Miro has pioneered many features in this space. I used it for quite a while, but have since moved to another system. It's good, but the UX glitches had me find an alternative. I'd still recommend it, but depending on your needs, there may be better tools out there.

Pros

When it works it works really well. This is one of the more modern drawing systems out there and in many ways one of the pioneers in this area.

Cons

The usability can be a little counter-intuitive in many places. I've tried to use it for collaboration with job-interview candidates, but many of the candidates had a hard time getting on it. It's not as simple or seamless as it could be.

KADir

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

Miro project management

It's easy and less complicate programme to make project management

Pros

It's easy programme to connect from PC and mobile phone. No escape point for the lazy team :)

Cons

When there is so many tasks, you need to make zoom. Zoom is loosing full path view.

Issac

Reviewed on 3/2/2023

A perfect whiteboard tool

Pros

The whiteboard is the most used feature and the ease at which different flowcharts and notes can be drawn to communicate with team is really noteworthy.

Cons

There are too many features which are mostly unused by many users so they should try to cut down the unused features so that UI is simple

Aleksandra
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Good for working with clients, colleagues and for fun!

Pros

- The possibilities of use are endless, and every time it provides good collaborative effort for all teams- I am using it also with clients, both during onboarding, setting KPIs - whichever workshop I can think of, can be done in Miro and allow for a collaboration between the customer and me- We even did one integration event online on Miro, in which I've built Family Feud setup - it was great fun!

Cons

- Its easy to click something and mess up the board very easily

Yusuf
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 16/1/2023

Review of Miro

Miro enables collaboration and communication between remote teams and organizations. It provides a comprehensive suite of tools to facilitate and streamline project management. Its user interface is intuitive and easily navigable, making it simple to use.

Pros

It offer an extensive library of templates for collaboration. Easy-to-use drag-and-drop user interface. Connects team members from different locations in real-time. Provides an array of interactive tools to facilitate brainstorming, decision-making and project planning. Supports a range of media files including images, audio, video, and documents

Cons

The cost of Miro’s subscription plans may be a barrier for some. The free version of the software may not offer all the features needed for more complex projects.

• Industry: Capital Markets
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/1/2023

Interesting plataform

Pros

A good opinion about Miro is that it is a highly collaborative and versatile online whiteboard platform that allows users to easily brainstorm, plan, and organize ideas in real-time with others. The platform offers a wide range of features such as sticky notes, shapes, drawings, and diagrams, making it a great tool for remote teams and classrooms.

Cons

A bad opinion about Miro is that it can be expensive for larger teams, and some users may find the interface overwhelming or confusing to navigate. Additionally, some users may find that the platform does not integrate well with other tools they are already using.

Andoni
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage.

It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas.

It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace.

I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand.

Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile.

Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork.

In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas.
I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro.

Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture.
I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference.

It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Milanote, Canva and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

Trello, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)
Melissa

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Kenneth

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Tracing paper and pen in a virtual environment

With remote working, collaborating on complex design related problems became much more difficult. Screen sharing with snapping images and marking up was a quick fix, however this was slow and a 1-way communication.

MIRO solved all of this and became the virtual equivalent of rolling out tracing paper and having a handful of people developing the design simultaneously.

I think that it would be useful to enhance the sketching experience further. If there could be a virtual tracing paper with variable opacity to contain (group) a series of sketches similar to a frame this would be useful. This is currently possible with multiple objects but it becomes unwieldy. This would also allow the development of a simple layer system.

Partial deletion of a hand drawn line would be really helpful.
(I have in mind some of the user-experience of the Procreate sketching iPad app)

Pros

I found MIRO intuitive with no training necessary. You can invite collaborators effortlessly with only browser access required. This has been transformational for me during remote working.

Cons

When boards become large, the download process can be a little slow and it sometimes trips up with downloading the content that is currently in the viewer's screen. This can easily be resolved by archiving and starting a new board.

Perhaps an option of local caching some content could be useful.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do.

I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Jakub

Reviewed on 8/3/2022

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Milanote

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Featureset and user interface.

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.
Remco

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

An enhanced digital whiteboard with the freedom of a whiteboard allowing you to do so much...

Planning and organizing, decision making, collaboration, brainstorming. I finally have a planning tool that works for me.

Pros

I've looked far and white for methods to do my project planning and tracking. Using the visuals Miro offers me is beyond anything i have found thus far. I finally get my plans in order and get more things done. Both for myself as for my team. Use it heavily to visualize dependencies, use size to signal importance, colors for status (to do-working-done) and use tags to mark technical debt. Zoom out to have the bigger picture like the decision trees, guiding principles. Zoom in and find the details for the daily job, mark your technical debt and more.

Cons

Because the interface doesn't get in your way, starting might be a little hard. I've had no problem with this myself, but found colleagues requiring some time to master Miro.

Hafiz
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 24/4/2022

Friendly interface

Miro has been simple and most effective way to boost my creativity to the next level.

Pros

Miro has helped me in a lot of areas range from gathering ideas to final delivery. This software is very easy to use because the interface is very friendly. Miro also has template-ready to use. I recommend to you to try all the template that suits your project and need.

Cons

It’s hard to navigate. Sometimes I lost to find which board is which when my board is getting bigger. It would be nice if we can name every section, so when we right click, we can easily choose which section we want to go.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I’m trying to find which software is more user friendly and useful to my projects.

Asana

More user friendly.
Nigel

Reviewed on 18/7/2022

Miro Review

Migrating the team from Visio and Edraw was easy as the user interface was very intuitive. I have also used Lucid in the past and am happy to say there is little chance I will ever leave Miro

Pros

Miro provides me with a unique feature set that is difficult to find packaged as one product. I like that the ability to move around sets of a diagram and Miro will automatically adjust everything to fit in frame,

Cons

There are some features that I may never use and would like if I could pay less as I don't use it, however I think Miro is very reasonably priced so not a deal breaker.

Lucidchart and Visio

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Visio was very expensive, Edraw was not intuitive and difficult for the team to adjust to. Not sure if Lucid has fixed it but moving around parts of a diagram was time consuming as it would not automatically readjust the rest of the diagram

Lucidchart and Visio

Reasons for Switching to Miro

All in one package of features, easy to use so little retraining require for the team and intuitive layout adjustments.
João

Reviewed on 6/8/2021

Lifesafer since we all add to work remotely

It was a lifesaver on my team remote work, I'm so happy with this tool that even if we go back to the office I will still going to use it

Pros

ease of use, learnability, collaboration features, integrations, and community templates and help

Cons

there are some minor bugs when using the text tool (on copy and pasting, when we need to use the spell checker), either than that I don't have any complaints

Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I've liked it from the first time I've used Miro, after some time I had to use Mural for a client project and my experience was significantly lower
Predrag
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Consultant using Consultant plan

I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros

Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards.
Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board.
Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons

Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants.
I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution.
There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

Jonathan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/1/2021

Excellent tool for workshops and Design Thinking

Overall great tool for remote whiteboarding and meetings. Miro is part of my Design stack along with Notion (wiki and documentation), Whimsical (flows and wireframes), and Figma. It's a great brainstorming and ideation tool to use in the beginning of the Discovery process.

Pros

- Awesome templates from the Miro team
- Great integrations with my other main tools
- Awesome design sprint and workshopper features like voting, timers, and "bring to me"
- Easy to use for external stakeholders

Cons

- $3 day pass for consultants is a weird pricing model
- Would like better grid snapping and X, Y coordinates similar to Whimsical

Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

The designers I follow were using Miro and they just have more educational content showing off their product. Also they have a generous free forever tier as opposed to a trial only.
Richard

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

Daily Miro user

Have been able to map out UX processes and product strategies.

Pros

It is a quick way to collaborate on planning and UX processes and research with team members as well as a great way to present findings or planning.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag when working with large Miro files with very large amounts of data.

Whimsical and Figma

Miro's video chat functionality

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro's video chat functionality, better overall features

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

The best in shared whiteboards

Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros

As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done.
It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons

Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at.
Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Neither of the other options work outside meetings.

functionality
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 6/7/2021

Best apps for discussing idea together

Pros

It is easy to get messed up and losing focus when people discussing idea together, especially when we discuss it online. Miro has space for digital whiteboard, that anyone on the discussion session can use it to draw and express their ideas better with the help on the whiteboard. The visual element help me to explain my idea clearly.

Cons

It would be better if Miro is offered its stand alone software for the desktop version. For now, Miro can only be used by accessing it from the web browser. I am using Chrome web browser, and it consuming the computer resource too much and making all the other software that i open goes slow as well.

Suhailah

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

Miro upgrade discussion session on the next level

Pros

My team and I often using Miro as our visual aids when we are online discussing on project or planning a project flows, as it has a digital whiteboard that work very well. The participant can collaborate on the whiteboard to add input or draw on it for something that are hard to explain by words.

Cons

It will be vary bad if someone accidentally delete the canvas or the whiteboard as everyone that has access on the canvas will also has a permission to delete it. There are not option to recover the canvas back and we had to start everything from the start if it does happen.