Time Tracker Reviews

About Time Tracker

Time Tracker is an employee time and attendance tracking solution designed to simplify employee tracking and reduce administration using automation functionality. With Time Tracker, businesses are able to examine and track...

4.2

Browse Time Tracker Reviews

3,003 of 3,003 reviews
Martin
Martin

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Expenses and Invoices are better tracked by Time Tracker.

All of our invoices, receivable payments and our expenses can easily manage without ant effort. It also allow me to create and make the best templates of expenses and recurrent invoices with also manage them properly. I can better track the time of billing and expenses and then receive the payments online. The invoices options and billing designs are so flexible by Time Tracker.

Pros

With the help of Time Tracker software, it is so easy for us to better manage all of our invoices by tracking the time billing and to create the customize invoices to get the payment transaction online in faster manner. It is a fully accounting and invoices software because it automatically manage our bank accounts and bank balance sheets assets. We are also able to send all of our invoices with payments to our customers. By Time Tracker, the scheduling of our payments with invoices and expenses are so great because we have a lot of controls about the information of our invoices. So, it is very easy to set up our operations, sales and inventory payments by this efficient software. The dashboards features really told me about my accounts conditions with excellent invoices and billing. If you receive your payment and send within a second, then you must need Time Tracker software.

Cons

The main drawback of Time Tracker software is that it does not have the ability to remind about the pending payments, sending invoices and receiving payments. It also does not provide the records of all the previous payments, contacts and store invoices but it has the ability to store the customer information for upcoming invoices, payments and accounts schedules.

Mfundo
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 9/6/2023

Best to keep track on everything

my experience with time tracker has been nothing but the change in my life and how i get to track my time to do some errands of the day, time track to focus on clients things and it help with my our personal things when it comes to my work outs and time with family as well

Pros

Well i all honesty i have used time tracker way back before i started working, as a professional Fashion Model and Fashion Designer. for me i always say time is money and if you waste it it becomes a problem for me and my business hence i keep my time on track and everyday and that makes things very easy for me.

Cons

i would not say i least liked it at all. it has shows much improvement with my time management

Benjamin

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

Used TimeTracker of a year but then switched away

TimeTracker was an adequate product for the year we used it but was ultimately insufficient for our company's needs.

Pros

TimeTracker was one of the few products on the market that actually fit our needs as a software consulting firm. Most importantly, it allowed tracking time entries against a two-tiered hierarchy of clients and projects and allowed free-text descriptions of time entries. We had been using spreadsheets previously and this was a substantial upgrade for us.

Other nice features:
* Ability to mark entries as billable and not billable
* Ability for at least some users to be able to view and edit other users timesheets
* Ability to mark projects as done, thus preventing people from billing more to them

Cons

Ultimately, we decided to move away from TimeTracker after using it for a year because of three big faults:

1. Incomplete API coverage. The TimeTracker API only exposed some of the data available in the system, and didn't allow for all types of modification. For example, you cannot retrieve a client's billing details via API nor can you edit a time entry. This is severely limiting in the addons that can be built to work with the product.

2. Inability to track/lock billed time entries. While this functionality is technically available as part of the invoicing features, the only way to use it is by generating an invoice. TimeTracker's invoice functionality did not meet our needs and the inability to track which time entries were and were not billed was a massive administrative headache for us.

3. Slow and occasionally buggy interface. A number of pages on the website load slowly. It can take a lot of clicks to do time entry or edit time entries. And there are obnoxious bugs in primary workflows. For example, when changing the project of a time entry, the activity filed gets cleared as well and a popup box must be cleared before you can proceed. As another example, when removing time entries from particular days, deleting the number of hours is not sufficient to clear the time entry.

Top Time Tracker Alternatives

Christine
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/1/2024

Great Software!

Pros

I love all about Time Tracker by eBility because of its features. As employee of a company we used this as our time tracker. I would say it's very convenient to track my time and accurate. what I love the most is that they have Automated Reminders that reducing our need for manual follow-ups. Very Amazing because It allows me to sync with web in my mobile phone and makes my life easier to track time on the go.

Cons

I really love all features of Time Tracker by eBility. Best tracker that I've ever used.

Brian
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 17/1/2023

A Well rounded Time tracking and Invoicing software

Overall it has been a very successful product and has handled our needs quite well.

Pros

Time tracking and being able to tie the time entries to a specific client and project is crucial in our business as an IT support and web-design company. Then add in Invoicing and it allows me to have reduced the time it takes to produce payroll reports and monthly invoicing

Cons

The inability for us to customise reports beyond the options currently presented.

ADP Workforce Now, Payworks and Wave

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Very time consuming to get the invoices ready as our primary billable is the time taken for fixes and to build a new website etc.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

Timers to track time spent and the easier tieing of those entries to invoicing
Mohammad

Reviewed on 4/3/2023

Time Tracker is the HR solution for time-keeping for your staff members.

A good idea and what it gives is great. Used it and will still use it. Cost vs what it does is really wonderful.

Pros

It does not only apply to your employees only yet it applies to other jobs like doctors and lawyers. This is a great benefit one can use.

Cons

You cannot tailor reports in this application which could be an advantage for future updates.

My Hours and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

They give you a free period to try it at the beginning which is really good. This way you have the advantage not to lose money.

Paymo

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

This one allowed us a free time to test before we can decide to pay like other applications and this is considered a great advantage.
Youngsook

Reviewed on 8/4/2023

My Time Tracker Review

Its user-friendly interface, reporting capabilities, and seamless integration make it a valuable tool for businesses and individuals alike.

Pros

Time Tracker has such an user-friendly interface. Im personally using it for its time track features mostly. But also its robust reporting tools enable users to view their time usage, set project budgets, and export data in various formats. The mobile app also so smooth.

Cons

Some of our coworkers has found it complex to navigate, particularly when setting up integrations. Additionally, the app's limited integration options may make it less effective for businesses that rely on multiple tools for time management.

Casey
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Really great soft wear in ease and convenience, but could be all inclusive

I have really enjoyed my overall experience with Time Tracker. At times, I do wish that company benefits were supported or provided with Time Tracker.

Pros

I really like that the software automatically alphabetize clients and projects. I also like the ease of use and navigation through weeks and days.

Cons

I wish that time tracker also provided information on PTO, benefits and other employee based features.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 29/1/2021

Good value for the price

Over all, this is a good software for the price. There have been a few sync issues on the outlook calendar here and there, but nothing detrimental to use.

Pros

I like that you can start a timer from the app. Submitting from Outlook calendar is pretty easy.

Cons

I manage multiple calendars and if I need to change the person associated with the entry after the fact, it wipes out the client name and the billing item and if it is marked billable., so you have to reenter it all by hand.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

A lot of the other software options out there focus on tracking project time and wants to tie the time to specific projects and not just the client, but this allows us to tie to clients . It syncs up well with Outlook Calendar and Quickbooks which we use.

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Has helped us manage tracking our employees

Very happy with my service

Pros

Has helped us manage tracking our employees time very seamlessly this past few months. It is a good tool that can auto track and manually input time so it's easiest for contractors and employees to have an accurate time table

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive and do calculations a bit more seamlessly with less data

Response from eBillity

Hello, thank you so much for sharing how eBillity helped you manage your employee's time. Please feel free to reach out to https://support.ebillity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Replied 23/6/2022
Jeff

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Time Tracker and use with Quickbooks accounting integration

Very good and steady. Not a lot of problems over the years. It just works which is good. Convenient to setting up users with 'allowed' billing client accounts by using user permissions. It would cause us a major disruption if it were to have issues, or a break in usage, as we have become reliant on its good features and straightforward use.

Pros

Time Tracker is setup to be very convenient for Quickbooks users. It tracks employee time on a weekly basis for us, and has the Customers, Projects, and client class categories already loaded so the employees can put their time to each client. Then it integrates back, so that once a month or so, I as the administrator can update my Quickbooks through the web connection to get all employee time loaded back into Quickbooks. Very Very convenient, and has been rock solid over many years and even Quickbooks updates/new versions.

Cons

A little tricky to setup initially, needed help from the support group. 2 things - one, it was initially connected by a different means (more manual), but then shifted to the Quickbooks Web Connect means, and that has been good. The user for the Admin also had to be different (at least initially) that users entering time, and that created some angst. So when I set it up, my login was NOT my company email. Then its a little hard to reset that - and I don't really want to at this point. So it remains a little odd that it is using my personal email as the account owner/admin :)

Arthur
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!

If I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.

Pros

The software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.

Cons

Poor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the last 20 minutes as well.
Trying to create an invoice for a client. Have over $1,500 in work to bill out but the create invoice function seems to only be picking up the last two entries and wants to create an invoice for only $39. Can't figure out why. All the entries are approved and fall within the selected date range. Last time I tried to an create invoice I had the same issue and support couldn't figure out why and just created the invoice for me but never fixed the issue. Guess what, the very next invoice I tried to create I have the same issue. Now its been 30 minutes and still on hold. Also, the online chat function disconnected "because it was idle for too long" while I waited patiently for a representative to respond. The representatives are probably overworked and handling too many issues at once I suspect.

Response from eBillity

Hello Arthur.

Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .

Replied 25/10/2018
Mohammad
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

Good Time Tracking Tool

Pros

Pros:Time tracking: Time Tracker allows users to track time spent on projects, tasks, and clients, which can be useful for billing clients accurately and for analyzing productivity.Easy invoicing: Time Tracker provides invoicing features that allow users to create and send invoices to clients, making it easier to get paid for work completed.Customizable reports: Time Tracker provides customizable reports that allow users to analyze their time data and invoicing data, providing insights into productivity, profitability, and other metrics.Mobile app: Time Tracker has a mobile app that allows users to track time and expenses on the go, making it convenient for remote or mobile workers.Integrations: Time Tracker integrates with other tools such as QuickBooks, Xero, and Dropbox, making it easier to manage invoicing and accounting.

Cons

Cons:Learning curve: Time Tracker can have a bit of a learning curve, especially for users who are not familiar with time tracking and invoicing software.Limited invoicing features: While Time Tracker provides basic invoicing features, it may not have as many customization options or advanced invoicing features as other invoicing tools.Limited project management features: Time Tracker is primarily focused on time tracking and invoicing and may not have as many project management features as other project management tools.Limited customer support: Some users have reported that customer support can be slow or unresponsive.Price: While Time Tracker offers a free trial, it can be expensive for small businesses or individuals, especially if they require additional features such as invoicing and project management.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Reliable, easy-to-use

Pros

It's easy to use; I just start the timer when I arrive at work, figure out what I'm working on, and go to work. When I switch tasks, I either start a new timer or make a note at where the timer is at. Then at the end of the day, I take a moment to review what I worked on and how much time was spent on each job. And at the end of each week or pay period, it's super easy to just submit the time to our controller and she pulls it into her payroll interface. Also, I really like the feature of copying tasks and times from the previous week into the current week. It saves some time in listing the multiple jobs that I work on from week to week.

Cons

Occasionally, the software will "time-out" and I'll lose what tasks/time I had entered for the day up to that point in time. It's not a big deal to re-enter my time if I've only been working on 1 or 2 jobs. If I've been jumping around to multiple jobs, I just have to guestimate how much time I spent on each job and fill it in. This isn't the most accurate way to do it, but it only happens occasionally.
Also, I wonder if there's a phone app that could be used in conjunction with the computer desktop application. If I'm on a site visit or traveling for business and not at my desk in the office, it'd be nice to be able to track my time on my phone app.

Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/5/2023

Time Tracker: The Ultimate Tool for Effective Time Management

uring my internship in the pharmaceutical product development and research department at the University, I utilized Time Tracker to monitor and track my work hours and tasks. The software allowed me to accurately record the time spent on different activities, aiding in project management and facilitating accurate reporting. Its intuitive interface and easy navigation simplified the process of tracking and managing my time. I found the detailed reports and analytics particularly useful for analyzing my productivity and identifying areas for improvement. Overall, Time Tracker played a vital role in enhancing my time management skills and optimizing my workflow during the internship.

Pros

Time Tracker offers several advantages for time management. Its user-friendly interface allows for easy time tracking, task management, and reporting. The ability to categorize tasks, set timers, and create project hierarchies provides a clear overview of your activities. The detailed reports and analytics help identify time usage patterns and optimize productivity. Integration with popular calendar applications ensures synchronization and efficient scheduling. Furthermore, the option to generate customizable invoices based on tracked time simplifies billing processes for freelancers and consultants. Time Tracker is a valuable tool for individuals and teams aiming to improve time management and overall efficiency.

Cons

Despite its benefits, Time Tracker has a few limitations. The interface may feel overwhelming for some users due to the abundance of features and options available. While the software provides robust time tracking capabilities, it may lack certain advanced project management features that larger teams or complex projects require. Additionally, the reporting and analytics capabilities might not be as extensive as those offered by specialized project management tools. Customization options may also be limited, restricting the ability to tailor the software to specific workflows and preferences.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 10/5/2023

I am Tracking you

Overall, it can be a useful tool for businesses and individuals looking to better manage their time, increase productivity, and improve project management. Also can provide accurate and detailed records of employee work hours, streamline invoicing processes, increase accountability, and offer mobile and remote access. However, implementing time tracker software can take time and effort, and the cost of using the software can vary widely depending on the features and functionality included. Additionally, some employees may be resistant to using time tracker software, and there is a risk of technical issues or data breaches. Ultimately, it's important to carefully consider the potential benefits and drawbacks of time tracker software before deciding whether or not to use it for your business or organization.

Pros

Improved time management, accurate time tracking, streamlined invoicing, increased accountability, remote and mobile access and integration with other business software

Cons

Implementation time, cost (advanced features) , resistance from employees, technical issues, reliance on technology

Giancarlo
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 26/1/2023

Effective product to easily track customer time

Overall, it is a good product and I would recommend it.

Pros

Ease of using mobile app to track time. Ease of adding new customers and employees. Also the customer support is excellent. It is great to be able to get a live person to speak to.

Cons

I would like the app to react more quickly. I would like to be able to have the ability to run additional monthly reports automatically (time per customer and provided as separate PDFs that I can provide to my customers with their invoice). I now have to do this manually.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

I can't remember why we choose it.
Terri
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

We have been with Ebillity since 2011 when Quick Books stop having Time Tracker. Many changes.

When we had no where to turn when Quick Books left us high and dry with no place to put our time and coordinate with billing Ebillity was there to help us.
Ebillity worked with us to get its software to what we needed for our employees. They have come a long way in 7 years that we have been with them.

Pros

Now, in 2018 from 2011 when we started using Ebillity there have been many changes for the good. It is much easier to use and faster. You are able to approve 1 day or 1 week at a time for your employees. Able to check off if the time is billable or non-billable. You have the choice of auto-save or not. Time is color coordinated Pending-Submitted-Approved, so you know the status at any given time. You can print out the time sheets by the week at any time. Print out reports by job or employee. Support team in the states have been very helpful, the outsourcing to another country was horrible----but have not had to use either for years now.

Cons

The printed out time sheet needs to be easier to read. There needs to be a space between each job so that it is not all run together.

Stephen
Stephen

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

Hours tracking made simple.

Fast and easy to setup and be productive. Simpler than using some of the other products on the market. Reasonable value for the money.

Pros

The application works through a web browser or my iPhone making it easy to track my hours as I go along. The report engine is simple but does what I need including making reports I can easily send to my clients in a professional looking format.

It is simple to set up new customers and new items so that I can track as much or as little detail as needed.

Cons

Going back to change approved entries can't be done from the main week view session where the hours were first entered. Edits mean going to a separate view of a single line. I can see the rationale for this - the line was approved and therefore the status has to be pushed backwards, but an easier way would be nicer.

A few user defined fields on some of the sessions would be helpful, especially if there became report criteria. I don't use QuickBooks for my invoicing, so having a manual check box marked INVOICED would be helpful (as an example).

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

Works great if you use the website to put in your time.

We went from handwritten time sheets, so this is much cleaner and nice that that time transfers to Quick Books.

Pros

The website is great and very user friendly. The layout where you can just put time for each day under the client once is very nice!

Cons

The app for the mobile is awful! It does not run smooth and is not setup like the website. The website is nice and shows the client and then the whole week so you can put time under the same client for each day instead of with the app where you have to do the client every time and have a lot more entries.

Response from eBillity

Hi Andrew!
Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.

Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app:
IOS:
Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker

Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!

-Alex from eBillity

Replied 7/8/2018
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 5/3/2022

It's useful for keeping track of time, but that's all it does

Each one of our employees, regardless of whether they are based in the office or at home, can contribute their knowledge to any of our projects. Our coordinators and accountants receive all the data and use it to swiftly and correctly count the number of hours worked and bill accordingly. The technology streamlines and improves the efficiency of our business by automating many time-keeping procedures.

Pros

My favorite thing about this app is that it allows you to track your time on a daily as well as a weekly basis. I use the weekly view to see what I need to get done in the next weeks, but I also use the daily view for activities that I only need to do for the day.

Cons

It's been a great experience for us. It's simple to use, and the costs are quite inexpensive. Pulling reports and allowing more than one individual to be an administrator has been quite beneficial.

Response from eBillity

Wow, we were blown away by your positive words, we really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review! The seamless workflow, from entering time and integration with your payroll and billing app is one of them that we are proud of. Again thank you so much for your time writing this review. If you ever need help in the future, feel free to contact us at 1800-851-0992.

Replied 24/6/2022
VAN
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Small Architecture Firm Time Keeping

We started using this in 2011 as a way to streamline employee time entry and integrate with our QuickBooks for billing. It's been a great asset and time-saver from that perspective.

Pros

This software allows us to easily track time both in the office, and via the mobile app, in the field, allowing for a more refined/granular tracking of employee tasks. It's flexible and allows not just for entry of time, but also the setting of timers to track time while working. The tech support is excellent, waits are usually short, and resolutions are most often reached in the first call.

Cons

For us, at least, there's a relatively frequent need to re-link TimeTracker to our QUickBooks software. It's not difficult, but with the support of TT support we did figure it out and it's now part of the routine , but was frustrating in the extreme until that. We also ended up with a couple of "ghost" projects in TT only that were confusing to staff, but again TT support, once we identified the problem, was prompt in assisting.

Warren

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

It's passable but it could be better

It's a pretty straight forward app that ties into QB. The price is moderate given the functionality and bugs. The concept is good but the delivery needs polishing.

Pros

A web front end to track time for billable projects makes life so much easier for employees. The concept is pretty straight forward.

Cons

Using the service was ok as a user but administering it was...tricky. Getting new job codes to synchronize and become active was always a dance of clicks and back end re-syncs. It never really worked right with just a single sync making them become active. Support would always just make me re-sync the entire db and even then it still did not work. I only hope I did not lose any billable time... I always dreaded having to add new codes and that's not the way it should be.

Response from eBillity

Hello Warren.

Thank you very much for your business and time in using Time Tracker by eBillity. We greatly appreciate the support and feedback.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about Time Tracker, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 to reach our customer support agents. We would be happy to assist you.

Furthermore, we are adding new features in 2019, with Facial Recognition, more detailed GPS tracking, Time Cards, and a Punch In/ Punch Out kiosk. We have also worked to improve our basic features as well. I see you encountered some technical difficulties from our end before and greatly appreciate your patience with us.

Thank you again for your business and your time.

Replied 24/12/2018
Carrie
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 17/1/2023

Time Tracker an Integral Part of Professional Services Billing

Time Tracker has become more robust and more stable over the years. There are less glitches and I am grateful for that. It is easier to setup new employees, and easier to have them log in initially. Employees quickly understand how to fill in their timesheets because the app is user friendly. Sometimes we have issues with the sync between Time Tracker and QuickBooks, but these are easily resolved by manually selecting the sync within QuickBooks.

Pros

Time Tracker syncs smoothly with our QuickBooks software thereby allowing our employees to easily apply their time spent to specific projects. Additionally, we are able to track Paid Days Off, Holidays and Bereavement time using QuickBooks items.

Cons

There is an issue with entries doubling. We have created our own workarounds, but they do not always work. People who use the mobile app also need to be sure to always update their app to keep up with new items in our syncing process.

Shawn
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 29/1/2021

Honest Evaluation

The software works, but is not the best. It is easy to fill out, but only if you follow its quirks. Improvements could be made.

Pros

Easy to search for jobs/clients in the software.

Cons

I have to populate the same information over and over for each job or client I work on, and there is no way to copy previous lines and change only the client. It also doesn't like to be filled out in the incorrect sequence. If you don't select the client first, it give you all sorts of warnings. There should only be a warning if you try to exit the software without filling out a field. The order in which you fill out a row should not matter. Also, if you double click in a box with hours, for example to change it, it opens this whole dialog box. Normally when you double click in a field, it simply highlight s all the text. This is not the case in this software. It opens up a whole new hours box that seems confusing to fill out.