Resource Guru Reviews

About Resource Guru

Resource Guru is the blissfully simple resource management software that helps busy teams keep projects on track. Get a crystal clear view of team availability and time off and find the perfect person for every job. Create...

Browse Resource Guru Reviews

Marina
Marina

Reviewed on 13/2/2022

Great tool for resource planning

Overall, RG was a game-changer for us. Since we have implemented it, we got a better overview of our projects and became able to plan ahead and more long-term.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, intuitive, and fast. We love the ability to zoom in and out and have different views of our timeline.

Cons

What I (currently) miss most is the ability to quickly update the schedule. For example, to select multiple "tasks" for one employee and move them 1 or more days forward, in other words, to shift or postpone someone's entire schedule. We change schedules quite frequently so it would be easier for us to have this enabled. But I've heard that this would be possible down the road.

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

We wanted something specific for resource planning, not for task management, and the others we considered were more leaning toward task management.
Bill
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Simple and to the point - Resource Gu does the one thing we need most, and it does it...

It has been a significant enhancement o our workflow. Our prior use of our CRM system to do what Resource Guru does was costing us at least a full day per week. Now we get it all done in an hour our tow.

Pros

Simplicity and focus. Resource Guru solves one problem, a problem that is key to our business - which is project resource assignment and scheduling. It does it quickly, and easily. Our prior tool required us to understand a complex CRM system with multiple interrelated functions. Resource Guru gives us the availability, assignment and schedule tools we need to deliver our projects without needless overhead.

Cons

I would like more user defined fields when we assign a resource to a project. We assign a project sales phase type to each project, and we assign an individual billing rate to each resource, which can be different for each day of the project. We currently do that using a strict taxonomy in the "Notes" field and them use an Excel macro to parse that information out for sales and revue forecasting. While this doe take a bit of management and programming magic - it is still orders fo magnitude less complicated that it was previously when we managed this data in our CRM system. Having those filed would just make our lives all that much simpler.

Reviewed on 30/11/2015

Great product but no development

Whilst it Guru is a promising, flexible and easy to use product it really is just bare bones at the moment and they have failed to deliver any additional functionality since launch despite increasing pricing.

The forums are filled with requests and suggestions for highly useful add-ons and improvements that always receive the same answer "It's on the road map but we are working on other aspects of development". However, there have been no new releases and even the highly anticipated Vacation and Leave function slated for October 2015 has not actually been delivered. In fact the only thing that has changed is a change in pricing model that has upped the cost of the product.

So, to conclude, even though Resource Guru has great potential the increased cost combined with a complete lack of development and capacity for integration make it a waste of time and money. Sad really because conceptually it is a fantastic product.

Response from Resource Guru

Thanks for the review Ossian! While I understand your frustration at the low frequency of new feature releases recently I'd like to correct you on a few things. It's not true that we have failed to deliver anything since launch—for more information on our product updates you can go to the "Product Updates" section of our blog http://blog.resourceguruapp.com/category/product-updates/. We are sorry that our leave management feature is not yet live but it is a large and complex upgrade to Resource Guru and we want to ensure it is all perfect before we release it. We hate the idea of our users doing our testing for us.

Although we haven't directly integrated with any apps yet, we have developed webhooks (found in your account settings) which deliver realtime updates enabling you to create many DIY integrations using services like Zapier. We also have an advanced API (more details can be found at https://developers.resourceguruapp.com/). We want to wait until the product is slightly more evolved before we start working on integrations and the work we've done to date will put us in a very good position to do so when the time comes.

Lastly, I noticed that you only gave our customer support 2 stars. We pride ourselves on giving excellent customer support to all our customers and the team will be very disappointed to hear this. Apart from reading comments about features being on the roadmap (while you may find this frustrating, we are only trying to be honest and not make promises we can't keep), was there anything else about our customer service that you found inadequate?

Once again, thanks for the review and I hope we can bring a smile to your face in the future as we release more features.

Replied 30/11/2015

Top Resource Guru Alternatives

Resource Management

NetSuite OpenAir

Deltek Maconomy

Isabella

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule.

Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

Pros

I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc.

I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed.

I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

Cons

It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Office 365 is still a very new software that requires lots of updates and features adding to it, that yourselves already provide.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Isabella

Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :)

Happy scheduling!

Replied 27/11/2019
Marc

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

Kudos

As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

Cons

The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

Smartsheet and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Using Excel and Smartsheet required too much effort and the Project Managers would not be able to effectively track changes in resource allocations.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched.

I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help!

Replied 11/11/2019
Leticia

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us

I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

Pros

1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Basecamp , ClickTime and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

It's just ineffective to manage capacity in a calendar OR a spreadsheet (which is what we were doing previously).

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Everything else is not just resource specific. Resource Guru is (ref comment about it just doing ONE thing and doing it extremely well). Plus the cost. Resource Guru is incredibly cost-effective for a micro team like ours, which runs almost entirely on subcontractors.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Leticia

Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know.

Happy scheduling!

Replied 26/9/2019
Jon

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Useful too for transparency across teams

Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pros

I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Cons

I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Saviom

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Chose Guru for the cost and ease of use and setup.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

Replied 22/11/2019
Russ
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Awesome Tool for Resource Management

We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Pros

Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Cons

I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Replied 3/3/2021
Luke

Reviewed on 12/4/2023

Highly recommended

I have used Resource Guru for almost a decade now and I would be at pains to switch to anything else.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive functionality. Unlike a lot of other management software, with Resource Guru it's clear and obvious how to use it and it's functionality and features. It's so simple yet usefull that all members of the team can pick it up quickly and use it daily.

Cons

It only really does one function. But it does that function very well instead of spreading itself to thin.

Jira , Slack , monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Easy to use and intuitive functionality. Not a lot of Project Management tools include scheduling functionality, and those that do don't do it as well as Resource Guru.

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

An option for time, cost, manhour management for small-medium scope

Generally no issue if the scope is small to medium. larger scope requiring links to many other apps may take time to sync.

Pros

Intuitively easy to use, good usage of colors to present a quick glance of resource versus objectives deliverables

Cons

Integration with existing calendars, tools may not be smooth and sometimes not synced.

Trello , Microsoft Teams and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Good usage of colors to present information quickly

Response from Resource Guru

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :)

I wanted to let you know that our calendar sync feature is currently a one way sync, but we do have firm plans to support 2 way syncing in the future. Once 2 way syncing is released, you should find it easy to keep external calendar events synced in Resource Guru. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this comes as good news! If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll be very happy to help.

Replied 6/9/2021
Marek

Reviewed on 22/5/2023

Resource Guru Review

Overall, my experience with Resource Guru was positive. The platform provided an effective solution for resource management and scheduling, improving the efficiency and productivity of our team. The intuitive interface and scheduling features made it easy to allocate resources and track project progress. The platform's reliability and real-time updates ensured that everyone had access to the most up-to-date information. Although there were some limitations in terms of integrations, the overall experience with Resource Guru was excellent, empowering our team to effectively manage resources and deliver projects on time.

Pros

One of the aspects I liked most about Resource Guru was its user-friendly interface and intuitive scheduling features. The platform provided a seamless experience for managing and scheduling resources, allowing me to easily assign tasks, track availability, and monitor project timelines. The drag-and-drop functionality and clear visual representation of resource allocations made it simple to plan and allocate resources efficiently. Additionally, the real-time updates and notifications ensured that everyone on the team was well-informed and could adapt to any changes or conflicts quickly.

Cons

While Resource Guru had many positive features, one thing I liked least was the limited integration options with other project management tools. Although the platform offered some integrations with popular tools, there were instances where I needed to manually transfer data or reconcile information between different systems. It would be beneficial to have more seamless integrations with a broader range of project management and collaboration tools to streamline workflows and avoid duplicating efforts.

Timothy
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 24/8/2021

Intuitive and efficient resource management software

Pros

The best part about Resource Guru is the reporting system. Given how fuss-free the management tools are to use, the reporting system is the proverbial icing on the cake, as it aggregates all your available data in one easy to use panel. Not to mention, it is so intuitive to use and has such a remarkably low barrier to entry, that I onboarded all my team managers in a single day, and have never looked back.

Cons

Some parts of the UI look a bit dated, like the "adding resources" panel, but it's honestly not a big deal because you only use it once when adding your resources, and hardly touch it ever again.

Other than that, changing the default working hours is a bit tedious, but again - do it once and you never need to adjust it again.

Basecamp , Float and monday.com

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Timothy

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that we have some enhancements planned for the Resources section, which I hope you'll be pleased to see when they're released!

If you have any other questions or feedback at any point, please don't be a stranger. We love to help and we're always keen to hear any feedback.

Thanks!

Replied 6/9/2021
Patrick
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Solved the Scheduling Problem

It has been an excellent experience. I brought resource guru to my current company after experiencing it as a project manager at another consulting firm.

Pros

The ability to filter, sort, and visualize resource assignments across 50+ individuals with a variety of technical abilities has helped remove a lot of the pain in managing geographical diverse field crews

Cons

I would like the ability to see 4-6 months on the screen at once. Instead of individual blocks for each day, I would like to see each block represent one week (a zoom out option).

Some projects are 1-5 days, while a lot of assignments are 3+ months.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Patrick

Thanks for leaving your feedback! I'm pleased to say you can achieve viewing the Schedule in a weekly or monthly way is firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime I would advise you to try using the Browser zoom together with the zoomed in view in the Schedule:

Depending on your browser, you will find the zoom in different locations but usually it's under the menu item "View" or you use the shortcut "Cmd" (Mac) / "Ctrl" (PC) and "+/-/0".

I hope this helps but if there's anything else I can do to help please just let me know.

Replied 22/11/2021
Jane
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Value for money and SO easy to use

This has saved us countless hours of email writing and phone calls as our trainers can see their bookings without us having to call or write to them each time something changes. All of our sales and booking team can immediately see who is available for times requested by a client. Our Marketing and Finance departments love the reports and they are so easy to customise.

Pros

Colour-coded projects, ability to mark projects as confirmed or tentative, able to sync the software to individual calendars, easy to customise reports, everything on one screen, easy to add and customise new resources. I could go on but, this software has grown with our company over the past 4 years and we are all very happy with it.

Cons

The new features that are added are not always in the order we want. For example, it took 4 years for the confirmed/tentative option to be added - a very useful feature for us but I understand that the Resource Guru Team needs to prioritise features based on the overall needs of their customers.

George

Reviewed on 12/7/2021

Resource Guru Overall Review

Overall a great app. Has certainly improved my time management abover all else. This app really enables me to keep on track of my workload and stay organised in the fast paced agency. Very useful indeed and couldnt work without it.

Pros

As an account executive for a design agency, being able to shcedule resource is a key part of my daily activites. RG is super easy to navigate and makes scheduling my work really efficient. I use it every day and it makes my work management a whole lot easier. An email first thing in the morning shows what I have scheduled for the day so I can be prepared for the days bookings. The dashboard also enables me to see what Ive got in for the day which is great. I can easily cancel, edit and add new bookings with just a couple of clicks. Using the different colour schemes also enables me to see who on my team has bookings so if i ever need to edit a booking, I kow who to speak too on my team. Overall, I would highly recommend this app too anyone as its super intuitive and no training is really needed! Perfect for anyone in client services.

Cons

Nothing to improve from my point of view. I havent used all the features off the app so no comments on ways to improve.

Patricia

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

Very helpful, easy and friendly interface. Good value for money too"

I have been using for a few years now and Resource Guru is a really good software with easy and friendly interface. Since it was updated it got even better. The whole team likes it and we've never had any sort of doubts or problems with this software. It naturally became part of workflow.

Pros

You can add clients and project and move things around very easily with drag and drop functionality. The look and feel and their calendar is extremely helpful and clear. With RG you can schedule people and easily manage annual leave, sick leave, and hours dedicated to each task, client or project. We never required any sort of training and the whole team was able to start using straightaway.

Cons

It would be nice to have a Project view. To make it easier on the hours management on a project basis.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
A more project-oriented view is definitely on our roadmap for the near future. In the meantime, you may find the Projects section of the Reports useful for tracking time booked on projects.

If there's anything else we can do to help please just let us know.

Replied 1/3/2021
Dale

Fantastic tool

Excellent. It has been a fantastic tool for our lean, high-performance business.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, efficient. Simplified our weekly and monthly production planning radically, allowing us to focus more effort on forecasting production load, maintaining workload balance and ensuring good capacity to execute our projects.

Cons

Doesn't yet have the ability to set recurring events. Drag and drop functions are sometimes unstable, particularly with cloud syncing.

Pedro

Resource Management Made Easy

Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

Pros

The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

Cons

I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications.
I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Brittany

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

Resource Guru is amazing!

Pros

This program has been a vital part of out organization. I use this every day to schedule all of our resources for all of our projects and even PTO. We then download this information and use it to help forecast our revenue. It is incredibly easy to use and manipulate. The Beta is amazing!

Cons

I would like it if you could add a rate to each booking. That would make it easier to forecast revenue. Other than that, the product is great!

Jaspal
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Excellent for viewing schedules

i can see the dept's schedules and plan booking

Pros

Easy to use and add important notes to as well

Cons

We have 16 trainers so would be good to view the schedules one one page without having to scroll up and down

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jaspal

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! The number of resources you see on the page at once will depend partly on your screen resolution, and partly on how many bookings you have for each resource on individual days. The more bookings, the more space a resource will take up on your screen.

You can help to show more resources by hiding your availability bars; here's a walkthrough you might find handy: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

It may also be worth noting that you can filter your resources, so you're only looking at relevant people. Here's a walkthrough showing you how: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942088-filtering-resources

Replied 16/12/2021
Alan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

A Helping Hand

Resource Guru is great really help keep on top managing your workflow.

Pros

Easy to use, helpfully displays list of tasks for the day and week. easy to amended if the work flow changes, and keep track of work done and what is lined up next.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is that unless you have schedule open in Brower your are not notified is anything is add or removed on the day you are work.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Alan

Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) We have firm plans to release an enhanced notification system in future, but in the meantime if you'd like emails to be sent more frequently you could setup DIY notifications using our Zapier integration. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app
I'm not sure which email client you use, but as an example, you can find the triggers and actions available between Resource Guru and Gmail here https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations/resource-guru.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else we can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Replied 8/3/2021
Fauzi
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Resource Guru Makes My Daily Life Easier

Pros

I really love that it'll remind me what my schedule is like the night before I sleep. I feel at ease before I go to bed :) thank you!

Cons

I am not toop sure if there is such a feature already. However, it'll be best if I can match my personal calendars on match on Resourece Guru as well. I am an influencer and a writer. Therefore my hectic schedules may clash in and outside of work.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Fauzi,

thanks for sharing your feedback! You could subscribe to your Resource Guru bookings from your external calendar if you'd like to, because we currently offer a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942091-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Replied 27/4/2020
Angela
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

My go-to tool for creative project planning

Resource Guru has helped me on my day to day, being able to plan and schedule projects easily for my team. The colour scheme makes it easy to, after a quick glance, know what projects are planned for the week and see who is working on what. The feature of 'split booking' is very hand as well.

Pros

Ease of use, highly customisable and visually appealing.

Cons

Something that could be added is the option of duplicating a scheduled project from one resource to another.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Angela

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) I just wanted to let you know that you can quickly duplicate bookings from one resource to another by using SHIFT+drag, so there's no need to manually create bookings! You can find further details about it just here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942096-duplicate-or-copy-calendar-events

Replied 15/10/2021
Melissa

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

Pros

- Color coding clients
- Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource
- Limiting permissions per user
- Adding in when employees are OOO
- Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before
- Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

Cons

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words
- It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana
- There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

Kevin
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

Great for organizing teams of people and the resources they use

A vast improvement to the spreadsheet our organization used to use to schedule employees

Pros

User interface very easy to use, filtering options (for example showing only people, resources or any combination desired) very helpful, great way to see your whole team's at-a-glance schedule

Cons

external calendar (ie Outlook) integration could be improved. Booking holiday for multiple people/resources at once very easy, wish that functionality could be extended to non-holiday bookings