Crelate Reviews

About Crelate

Crelate is an all-in-one recruiting customer relationship management (CRM) and applicant tracking system (ATS) built for staffing, consulting and recruiting agencies. Crelate’s visual user interface enables recruiters to find,...

Browse Crelate Reviews

Ellen
Ellen
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Extremely Valueable tool for Recruiting agencies

I love Crelate, use it on an hourly basis.

Pros

I love how customizable it is. It helps me manage both the candidate and client facing side of the business and customize almost any pipeline and report.

Cons

Since there are so many different facets, it took a bit longer to get up to speed on the product, but once I did, its very user intuitive. Also, the mobile app needs more work to get it to where the desktop product is.

Raegan

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

19 Years of Recruiting w several ATS's and Crelate is the VERY FIRST one I can say I LOVE!

My experience with Crelate has been the best experience above all others. I tried Exelare and CEIPAL in 2021 when deciding on a new ATS. The customer support was below par and the only way you could get trained was to schedule long 1 hour meetings in the middle of your day (and the support person's English was difficult to understand). Exelare had a very limited help/knowledge base. With Crelate, they have Chat Support with EXCELLENT, KNOWLEDGABLE Support Reps who respond within 1 to 4 hours, and they PROBLEM SOLVE with you. The Crelate team really cares about your success with their ATS. They have an active Feedback website where you can easily provide feedback - and they use this feedback to make changes and implement updates multiple times a year. They also notify you personally if your feedback was implemented. The ATS keeps getting better and better. They listen to what the customer needs/wants. After using dozens of ATS's over the years, I've learned that the #1 feature you should evaluate is the quality of their Customer Support. Crelate is five stars when it comes to fast, quality, problem-solving support.

Pros

Very visual and customizable. #1 is their AMAZING CUSTOMER SUPPORT. You can also hire their Professional Services/Product team for a very small monthly fee for one-on-one video meeting support when you have a complex concept you're trying to implement into Crelate.

Cons

I wish there was a modular, visual "Dashboard" that incorporated some AI technology that would help detect lapsed activities, and it could be customized based on user type (Executive, Recruiter, Salesperson, etc.)

Exelare and CEIPAL ATS

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

JobScience was a mess. The support was terrible, and when they merged with Bullhorn, the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. I had a terrible experience with JobScience, and I used Bullhorn prior to that which was also not a good experience. With both of these ATS's, you felt like a number, not a customer.

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

#1: CUSTOMER SUPPORT #2: Crelate is an easy to understand visual interface #3: More support when implementing Crelate; live, knowledgebase, chat, one-on-one, lots of videos, FRIENDLY, English speaking customer support.
Matt

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Review of Crelate ATS

Lack luster. It get the job done most of the time, but would like to see a more robust product offering and user friendly UI.

Pros

Quick and easy to deploy compared to competitors in the market. Easier to administer than similar products.

Cons

Product support is lacking. Very difficult to get the support when you need it, and there is limited training information available. There pricing is on the high side for the level of product you get. The UI feels and looks very dated and is not as intuitive as some of their direct competitors.

Zoho Recruit and Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

It was already in use when I joined the company and we renewed our contract because the expense and time to move to an alternate product was put on hold due to COVID.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback will be shared with the company and used to help us improve.

Replied 30/10/2020

Top Crelate Alternatives

Juli

Reviewed on 17/7/2020

Easy to use software with great features

Overall, it's been a good experience and I would and have recommended the software to many firms in my network.

Pros

We love the search pipelines and the ability to quickly' drop and drag' candidates through the stages. We also love the integration with RingCentral and other apps on the market that make using it very easy. This software is one of the easier ones on the market to customize to your own internal work flow. It's also easy to add people to the database from other sites such as LinkedIn.

Cons

I haven't been able to get the CRM portion of the software to work for our workflow. Crelate sells itself as an ATS and a CRM but CRM part isn't as easy to integrate- at least in manner in which we use it.

Response from Crelate

Wow, so much to be thankful for with this review. First, thank you for taking the time to write a review and second, thank you for recommending us to others in your network.

It is great to see that the easy workflow management, RingCentral integration, and free parsing tool are working so well for you.

It is a bummer to hear that the CRM is not functioning how you would like it to. When you have the time, I would ask that you reach out to our support team 443-569-8262 Ext. 2, or [email protected], and see if they can get you set you up how you want/need.

Replied 24/7/2020
Ron
Ron

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Best ATS for recruiting firms!

I couldn't be more happy with the transition to Crelate from our previous product. Their team truly understands the problems we are trying to solve and is extremely responsive. Their feature set continues to increase rapidly and is always very relevant.

Pros

Several items:
- ease of configuration and customization
- profile parsing from LinkedIn
- job board management / website integration
- email sync and candidate communication management
- analytics
- speed and relevance of new feature release
- extensive help resources, training videos, etc.

Cons

- exporting data is not straightforward and requires additional vendor developer cost

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is awesome to see how our tools, features, and trainings are helping to make your work easier.

Replied 22/10/2020
Brittny

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Intuitive Powerful Software

Pros

We were one of the first users of Crelate and it has really done wonders for my billing and productivity. It is clean, intuitive and extremely user-friendly. The customer service is rapid and patient. It can be used for simplistic applicant tracking to powerful data-searching and captures a ton of important information. I would be lost without it and cannot imagine who we operated pre-Crelate.

Cons

I wish that we had the option to gray out positions when they're on "hold" or not hot anymore.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It has been a privilege to work with your company for all these years. It makes me happy to know that our product continues to both serve and delight you.
Your idea of being able to gray out a position that is "on hold" or "cooled off" is an interesting one. I will make sure to bring that up with our developers.

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

No regrets

I purchased Crelate Talent as soon as I opened my new recruiting business and I haven't looked back. It's been an overall great experience and the product continues to evolve with great new features and benefits that we actually use. I highly recommend it for any other growing search firm.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, which means it's easy to train recruiters on and it's easy for them to incorporate into their workflows.

Cons

The reporting and analytics features take a bit of playing with to get used to and to set them up the way you want.

Zoho Recruit and Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Reasons for Switching to Crelate

I had a great experience with the people at Crelate Talent and the product seemed so intuitive to use that it was a no brainer.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for the review.

It is great to hear that your training and onboarding of new recruiters is made easier with the intuitive nature of our software. If you ever need support with the training, we offer a daily New User webinar and have some great New User guide at help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120316-new-user-guide

Elaine

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Best ATS we have ever used

Crelate has added to our productivity. Their customer service is best in class, and I don’t know how we recruited without this platform. We are a small boutique firm and I can tell you any small firm should definitely use this product. They will treat you with respect and help ensure their product works for you. That was not the experience we had with other large and well known recruiting software. You will not regret using Crelate!

Pros

Customer service is exceptional. Additionally product very easy to use with a great customer interface. Wonderful interface with job boards and other recruiting platforms.

Cons

Sometimes can’t use wildcards in certain fields for searches. Also new company files are created with parsed resumes which leads to messy/invalid company files.

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Great ATS, but not a great CRM

Overall, good experience. DOes more than most ATS. Lots of new features, but they are add-on priced.

Pros

Great for applicant tracking. Easy to publish jobs, and job history

Cons

the reminders are difficult to use. Lacks comprehensive business development CRM functionality .

Zoho Recruit

Wanted a drag/drop feature/functionality

PCRecruiter

Drag and Drop functionality. US-based Support

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Simplicity is beauty!

Overall, Crelate is also a good ATS. This is good for not a full cycle recruiting

Pros

I like the simplicity of this Applicant Tracking System. Not the kind of ATS on mainstream but is worth your money. It is user-friendly. There is room for errors, you can delete/change the tagging anytime you want. Crelate Talent also has a feature when you post your job, it will be posted on other different job boards like ZipRecruiter, Indeed, etc. When you post your jobs, you can automatically post your job on these platforms too.

Cons

Lately, they are having maintenance that makes the software really slow. Though upgrades is for the better but still affects the productivity of recruiters.

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

BEST ATS I've seen in 25 years in the industry!

Crelate has streamlined our business process and workflows and empowered us to grow.

Pros

The ease of use and intuitive interface allows new users to quickly adapt, reducing onboarding and integration of team members. Crelate's licensing/pricing and provisioning model provides the flexibility to run my business as I need to, vs other ATS providers who force me to make decisions based on their terms. The metrics available are endless and are quickly and easily accessible. The data provided empowers me to track performance and lead more effectively. Crelate's ridiculously easy customization across the board ensures that Crelate molds to our needs without headaches. Crelate's highly flexible search capabilities also allow us to find what we need, wherever it is, quickly and easily. Data capture, either manually, automated or parsed is also fast and effective. Training and support are always rapid and just a phone call or e-mail away. Crelate's team is continually rolling out new features and updates in a manner that is not at all disruptive and always adds value. I'm afraid if I say that Crelate has been WELL WORTH our investment that they'll start to raise prices!!! Though it is true. As one who has investigated seemingly countless ATS, Crelate stands out as the BEST I've ever seen.

Cons

There are only two cons. The first is inherent in any great and robust ATS and is NOT really a Con: there are so many features and capabilities I have no doubt that we are underutilizing the power of this tool. While their training and support tools are fabulous I just haven't had the time to really DIVE IN to maximize the capabilities of Crelate.
The second is a Con: Crelate has room to improve its ability to manage duplicates. While user error certainly contributes to the creation of duplicates, I have seen other ATS' with better duplicate management tools. That said, when a duplicate is detected it is extremely easy to seamlessly and quickly merge the duplicate records.

Zach

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Good ATS System

Overall, Crelate is a very solid ATS with a functional CRM. I think there are a lot of great features in the program that make the use and functionality of it very good. I think there are a couple limitations on the back end but overall I would recommend this program to other users.

Pros

The candidate and task tracking along with the reporting and analytics features are the most functional and have been perfected. These are the features I have used the most.

Cons

I think there are limitations with outside integrations for various things. For testing, sourcing, etc. There are some limitations for integrations.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for drawing attention to our reporting and analytics functionality. It is a powerful tool that we have worked hard to make relevant to the Recruiting and Staffing industry, intuitive for the user, and valuable in the running of a business.

As we continue to grow and expand our integrations, we are always looking for what our users want. If you have any suggestions, or questions, about integrations, I encourage you to visit help.crelate.com, or contact support using the help button in the app.

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

Good but a few issues

Looking to save time by automating certain functions. Also looking to help manage and work with information in a logical manner. Has been a big help in this aspect, overall very happy but would like to see my issues addresses in the future.

Pros

It is geared towards staffing firms. Love the ability to automate repetitive tasks and save time! Love the ability to attach resumes to profiles and have all my info on one screen. Love the bulk lists, ability to group candidates, and graphical interface for viewing status of jobs

Cons

As mentioned, I didn't realize that I couldn't search geographically for candidates as Canada isn't supported. This is a major flaw I would like corrected.
I also find the interface for doing candidate searches within the software not very graphically streamlined- feels and looks busy/clunky-not sure about the right word to use.
Parsing is pretty good but does make the odd mistake. Doesn't parse off Indeed web pages.

CATS

looking for automation

good reviews on YouTube

Reviewed on 22/8/2023

Efficient Resume Management and Tracking

Pros

Crelate is my daily ally in the recruitment battlefield. Its seamless resume database integration empowers me to swiftly save and organize resumes, streamlining the search process. I'm captivated by its applicant progress tracking, which keeps me in the loop, enhancing collaboration. The user-friendly interface coupled with robust customization tools facilitates tailored candidate management. The built-in communication hub also proves invaluable, ensuring a seamless connection with candidates. Crelate's efficiency has redefined my workflow, enabling precision in the talent hunt.

Cons

While Crelate excels, a notable addition would be diverse recruiting workflows for distinct job profiles. An option to customize workflows as per each position's unique requirements would further enhance its versatility. This tailored approach would elevate its utility, catering precisely to varied hiring needs. Incorporating this feature would make Crelate an undisputed champion in applicant tracking, seamlessly adapting to the intricacies of different recruitment processes.

Barbara

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Highly Recommend

Rep. handled our migration. He was genius! Such a great analyst and made so many observations that helped me with the setup. I am shocked at how perfect the information migrated from MaxHire. It is seamless. I was worried because when I moved to MaxHire in 2009, my data was a mess! This time it is perfect. Rep. has been helping me with the onboarding and is doing a great job as well! The entire team is fantastic.

Pros

Crelate is an excellent software. I moved from MaxHire (Bullhorn) to Crelate. I looked at 4 other systems before choosing Crelate and I'm so glad I made this choice. Brittanie was so patient with me and took her time to show me benefits and features of the SW. In fact, I actually had 3 phone demos with her and she did an amazing job. All the SW vendors I looked at demoed at least 2 or 3 times before I made up my mind. I love how easily you can customize Crelate. Your own workflow, your own activities, your own special items you need to know like travel, citizenship status, relo, desired locations for relo, etc. Do yourself a favor and test drive this product; you will love it!!

Cons

The only thing I hope they add it to be able to return an email out of the system. All your emails are tracked but you can't respond to an email from the system. Otherwise....it's awesome.

mark
mark

Reviewed on 24/3/2017

Xtra Effort review of Crelate Software

Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc. is a 16 year Sales, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success recruiting firm for enterprise technology companies. We have a national reach.

The diverse nature of our client requirements make it imperative that we are agile when responding to super specific requests around candidate tenure, technical skills, industry knowledge, performance metrics, location, career stability, and countless other soft traits. Our challenge, as a contingency based search firm, is providing enough "high touch" service to satisfy each client's nuanced request, while maintaining enough velocity and volume to continuously feed the candidate and client pipeline.

A flexible, reliable, and powerful Applicant Tracking System is critical to achieve these goals. Crelate was suggested to Xtra Effort by another small recruiting firm. We were hesitant to consider change because of the fear of disruption associated with the data conversion and learning curve. However, these fears were alleviated when speaking with Crelate, mostly for two reasons:

1) Crelate's technology is intuitive, flexible, and really well designed
2) Crelate's people are SUPER responsive, thoughtful, creative, and resourceful

Crelate made Xtra Effort feel as though we were a 1000 employee prospect. They made every perceived major hurdle go away through listening and making resourceful suggestions.

We agreed to convert to Crelate and had the same favorable experience during the conversion and training period, and with the post conversion support organization.

Mostly importantly, Xtra Effort users are now offering unsolicited comments about productivity gains.

Xtra Effort would definitely suggest Crelate if you feel a need for improved value and function from your ATS technology AND vendor team. It is fantastic to truly valued as a customer by the vendor who is most critical to supporting our efforts. Contingency recruiting is challenging, it is nice to know that such an important partner cares and "has your back"

Cons

It would be great to have "required fields", forcing users to enter information on critical areas; and it would be helpful to limit users to specific pick lists, and not enable them to enter any data they want

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

Daily Use

Overall so far Crelate has been a decent CRM - ATS I would just say be cautions when migrating and ask lots of questions as you go!

Pros

Crelate offers many features and there are multiple ways to work in the system making it much easier to taylor to each users specific liking.

Cons

When merging into Crelate it will create companies for "past employers" which HIGHLY increased the number of inactive companies we not have mixed in with our data.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Top Echelon
Rebecca

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

I learn something new about Crelate every day

Overall, it has gotten better and better over time. I have been using it for over two years now and I look forward to the updates to see what new features or improvements have been implemented.

Pros

Crelate has recently added a feature which allows you to create an activity on multiple contacts at one time. This is something I have been waiting for! They ask for feedback, listen and then implement new features on a regular basis!

Cons

Too frequently, there are multiple profiles of the same contact. Also, when you import a resume it creates a company based on the most recent employer on the resume; unfortunately, since people call the same company many things, you have different profiles for the same company.

Response from Crelate

I am so happy that the bulk activity feature is what you were wanting (we are pleased with it too). Our development team took the comments and suggestions to heart when designing it.

The creation of multiple records can certainly be frustrating. Please contact our support team, 443-569-8262 Ext. 2, and they will try and help you configure the duplicate detection to mitigate this issue.

Replied 24/7/2020
Shannon

Reviewed on 5/10/2015

Clean, simple, powerful, great for external exec search

What do you like best?
beautiful design, clean, simple CRM interface. lots of customization available for the admin (like enabling custom workflow stages and names of stages that we define we can change ourselves). amazing Crelate team: dev team & customer service team are super responsive to questions, requests for help and product features, and training on demand. the product has so far managed not to get too 'heavy' like most recruiting tools eventually tend to to when trying to be all things to all people. Crelate works best in my opinion for boutique external firm (vendors) who need to be able to easily customize things, and not for internal (corporate).

What do you dislike?
the product is still young so it's obviously a work in progress. this is not a criticism; we signed up post-beta knowing there would be iteration but well worth the trade off because we have influence as the product matures. we love having this opportunity. search tools and results, (ranking, relevance) need to be better and this is also a work in progress. all of the things that could be better are things the team is aware of and are addressing with each new release. weekly office hour for all users with a customer service rep would be awesome (via joinme or zoom or whatever tool). the current solution is a candidate relationship management solution, but there is not yet a great client relationship management feature or a workflow that supports business development / prospecting/ sales process but i would love that some day.

Recommendations to others considering the product
if you are a recruiting firm looking for a solution, i highly recommend crelate. we love this solution!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?
we are executive recruiters. so we solve one-of-a-kind talent searches for our clients. every search we do is custom designed within Crelate : our Crelate enables us identify people that we already know of (through search, or through affiliation with another project, etc) , and helps us easily import data on new candidates into one new project . We can see what conversations we've had with candidates in the past and outcomes of those. we can move candidates through the workflow and activities of a search project logically, using our unique labels & language.

Doug

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

I have used a bunch of different recruiting CRM databases--So far Crelate ismy favorite

Overall it's been great for what I do on a day to day basis

Pros

It works! Almost never any downtime. Extremely intuitive and easy for a new user like our entire office to pick up. Lot's of robust features that help me do my job, the templates are great for client communication (although I wish we could customize the 'Client Company Name' to be 'First Word of Client Company Name' so it comes off less formal and SPAMMY)

Cons

I'm on the BD side so for me: Importing contacts from LI defaults to a candidate so you have to be careful to click Client...When you type in a company name in the search feature and it brings up companies, JO's, etc., if you hit enter too fast it will bring an odd result of emails that have that company somewhere in the email...I wish on a contact list the columns that have the 'Current Position' were separated from the company name and their job title--it would be cool to be able to have a large list and separate it quickly between companies and titles. Maybe there is an easy way to do that and we just aren't using it?

Reviewed on 22/8/2023

Crelate is Awesome!

Pros

What is there not to love? Crelate is super intuitive and customizable. I love how everything can as zoomed out or zoomed into the details as you want. The job postings are super quick and easy, and really help with our passive sourcing.

Cons

I haven't really found many areas where I feel Crelate is lacking. One issue I have occasionally is the Crelate extension will stop working out of nowhere and the only way I've found to get it to work again is to uninstall and reinstall the extension. This doesn't happen that often though and isn't too hard of a workaround fix.

Joanna
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 17/8/2023

I would never be able to do my job without it

I’m obsessed with Crelate. I was introduced to it at a prior job and I will never be able to go without it as long as I stay in recruiting. It’s honestly the best user interface and it can parse from multiple places.

Pros

I love the interface, I love everything about this product. I have said that time and time again this is stellar compared to every other competitor.

Cons

There was a few things that I could not figure out, but I just asked Customer Support and got it handled. I think my biggest fear is not having Crelate over not figuring out Crelate!!!.

Zafreen

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

Amazing ATS - Crelate

I truly enjoy using Crelate, it's easy to understand and very user friendly

Pros

It is easy to use, and color coordinates everything. I'm a visual learner and as such find it easy to locate items / candidates when they are all under one tile in different colors. The options of placing candidates into different stages of the process is also very clean and useful, you don't need to scroll pages to find the candidates profiles ... it's all in that one tile or page.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the reporting aspect of this software as I was not provided any formal training. I'm sure with some online help and reading material I should be good to go and able to use the reporting system with ease.

Debra
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

A newby using Crelate

It is very easy for me to send information about a contact, to an associate quickly and easily.

Pros

I started in our company, basically knowing nothing. When I was introduced to Crelate, I was somewhat intimidated but jumped in with easy. Crelate help anyone learn their way around.
I was able to begin inputting information and learned how to operate Crelate in no time!

Cons

Crelate is sometimes very slow. I have spent a lot of time waiting for the app to think.

Response from Crelate

Hi Debra - I'm Samantha from Crelate! Thanks for the nice review! We love hearing that our recruiting platform is intuitive for new users. We'd also like to learn where you aren't experiencing the fastest response from the Crelate side. Our customers constantly tell us that Crelate is the fastest ATS they've ever used, and we want the same experience for you! Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any issues and we'll be happy to help you get the speedy results you need.

Thanks again!

Replied 12/6/2019
Deana

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

Recruiting Tracking made easy

I save a lot of time with Crelate. It keeps me organized and maintains all of my notes. I can share candidate information with others on my team, and the history of candidate correspondence "travels" with the candidate profile throughout the system.

Pros

I enjoy the design and user experience of Crelate the most. It's easy to use, it has color coding and symbols for quick reference and all the features you need to move quickly. It has not been hard to give up my Excel tracking document at all.
It also has feature (that I haven't used yet) to have applicants imported into the system straight from a job posting.

Cons

I had minor difficulties integrating with my Outlook, but it was easily resolved.

Response from Crelate

That is wonderful to see how Crelate is helping you and your business. As someone who loves their Excel, I understand the power of that statement. Thank you.
I wanted to share another level of organization I use, custom tags. I use the tags to help me make quick lists, track specific campaigns, and highlight special candidate features.

Replied 23/2/2021