About Synder

Synder is a finance management solution with a focus on bookkeeping automation for small to midsize businesses and accounting professionals that work with SMBs. Synder integrates payment systems (Stripe/Paypal/Square) with...

4.7
4.8
4.9

Browse Synder Reviews

Vladimir

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

Love this software

We've been using this app for 1.5 years and love it. It takes about 5 minutes to make an initial set up. No headache in the future. We're syncing all our Woocommerce orders with QB (both Stripe and PayPal payments).

And support... It's so fast and efficient! A guy named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
solved my issue in literally 2 minutes! I got the answer instantly. WOW!

Pros

- fast set up
- worth the price
- easy to use
- multiple settings
- syncs both Stripe and PayPal
- awesome support

Cons

I haven't found any in 1.5 years. Maybe they should keep expanding and adding new services. However, it's an opportunity and not a con.

Scott
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 9/4/2021

Synder App - They Do One Thing and Do It Well

It was excellent. We went from a Quickbooks Desktop workflow that included emails/post-its to a fully streamlined, automated workflow. While we could have stayed with Quickbooks Desktop, we shifted to Quickbooks Online with little or no effort on the Synder app.

Pros

Loved the flexibility of the application to act as a conduit for our transactions. Support staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were fantastic to help us through testing and onboarding.

They support multiple transactional sources.

Cons

We had some glitches at first and had some display issues using various browsers. The support staff helped to rectify the issues and kept us in the loop throughout the process.

Kelly Adams
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 19/1/2022

Absolute scam of a service [SENSITIVE CONTENT] you have a lot to answer for

Absolutely horrible kept the Fees the software does not work and is unfit for purpose

Pros

Kept my money refused to assist loess about why they can’t refund and they constantly hide behind this
Not professional
Not trustworthy
A pitiful company
Terrible software

Cons

I hate these people and the software is a joke

Top Synder Alternatives

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Good Sync System

Easy to use and setup and helps our accountant sync orders with sales etc. Would recommend this system.

Pros

Great syncing app that syncs stripe sales and charges to Quickbooks

Cons

It would be good if you could buy add-hoc credits as and when you need them.

Wayne
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Saved me hours !!

Importing current and historical transactions into Quickbooks

Pros

The web interface is well done, easy to understand without watching videos or reading tutorials.

Cons

It would be better for small businesses to be able to buy more Syncs from the lowest cost package. Business volume fluctuates monthly,

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Synder

I wanted to stay with the Quickbooks Desktop version.
Beth
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Big Time Saver

Customer support has changed since I started using Synder. For the longest time the chat was available and every issue I had was taken care of instantly. Any questions I had was very responsive and resolved within minutes. They have since shifted to email support for questions/issues. Response time is now a day for any questions which can be very frustrating.

Pros

I need detailed transactions loaded to QB desktop - not daily summary. We track inventory for apparel and there are thousands of items. Most interfaces I found do only the summary. Synder gives me that detail and once setup correctly puts the transactions into the correct accounts on QB Desktop. Big time saver.

Cons

My biggest complaint is not being able to data map the item name to a field in quickbooks. I need the variation on Square to map to the item name in QB Desktop. My background is technology - programming. The ability to map fields is already part of their functionality for setup - just not for this field. I have tried multiple times to explain but am not heard. I have to pay staff to go into every transaction and update the items. If this was fixed I would five start this software 100%!!

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Simple Time Saver

Importing/Posting Stripe activity into QBO for my client.

Pros

The ease of setup. The fact you can import past transactions to save hours of time.

Cons

I have not found anyting yet - just started using.

Zapier and Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Synder

Import past transactions
Nicole

Reviewed on 15/4/2019

Needed to sync QBO and Stripe

Pros

I chose to use business payments because it offered a simple way to record my stripe payments in QBO. I accept payment through docusign and did not want to manually enter each payment, especially during my busy season. Business Payments offers great value and is easy to use.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to get the software to link to existing clients, so I do have some duplicate customers. Does not kill my productivity, so I am ok with it. will review when things slow down, as I am sure there is a solution.

Jamie

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Only app to use for Square transaction import into QBO

Pros

By far the best app to use when transfering square transactions into QBO. It imports sales, sales tax, tips, customers profiles, ect for you!! The customer service is par none as well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to help me instantly with my questions today and guided me to a solution.

Cons

The only thing I've found that I disliked about the app is the ability to transfer cash payments into another account other then the general account that it pulls all transactions into.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/8/2022

The best

I have really enjoyed it. Their KPIs are great too--I am just getting started with that feature

Pros

Syncs with items seamlessly--no more fighting with Quickbooks and having to manually enter items or linking them

Cons

Paying for each historical sync--but it is well worth it in the end

• Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 9/8/2021

Worth every penny

Buy and setting up the product was extremely easy, support so far has been exceptional, but I am also realizing that I am just scratching the surface on what Synder all can do for us. As our business grows, I am sure I'll find new/additional value add from the platform.

Pros

We currently primarily rely on Quickbooks for our administration but use Synder to consolidate sales from four platforms (Etsy, Amazon, Square, and Paypal) in to a single administration. Synder grooms the data before we receive it into Quickbooks. The product works really well and when I ran into problems (twice) tech support was really supportive and left no stone unturned to resolve my issues.
At first I was nervous to spend the money for our starting business but by now they have proven to be worth every penny.

Cons

The pricing for Synder is transaction based, which by itself is a pretty clever pricing model. As a new user I started syncing records before I had all the product mappings figured out. Now that I am deeper into the product I realize I need to go back and rerun historic transactions to resolve to the right products in QuickBooks Inventory management

Lori

Reviewed on 14/1/2021

Customer Service / Support

Overall I am happy with this service

Pros

I hate any kind of technical software issues and when I have trouble, or questions, I LOVE your customer support. Tonight, I was able to use a chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he answered all my questions quickly and efficiently and solved my problem right away. I appreciate you hiring wonderful people like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help me thru things like tonight's issue which are so frustrating for me.

Cons

Sometimes I get emails or corespondence that is not intuitive to me. I wish things were worded more "idiot proof" so that a layman can understand it. I make jewelry .... I am not an IT person.

Kara
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 19/3/2022

Synder is easy and critical to my business

It has been great. It's smooth, easy, and consistent. Customer support has been great when I've had a question. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to chat with me and answer all questions I had.

Pros

Synder takes the work out of my accounting. All invoices paid are synched directly to my Quickbooks. It's smoother and I never have to worry. Before Synder, I was manually trying to keep track of everything. This makes it so easy.

Cons

I have no complaints. Synder has been great with all needs

Enid
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Intuit should be grateful this company exists

Compared to the desktop version, Quickbooks online is a hot mess. It is probably fabulous for a tiny business or individual entrepreneur. But our online educational non-profit is obviously far too complicated for their programmers. Our transactions are through PayPal, Square, and Stripe. With the online version of Quickbooks - you cannot get a good import from these major providers unless you purchase Synder. At least the programmers at Synder know how to get it done and get it done right. Every question I have asked has been immediately answered with the right information that I needed. The program itself works like a charm.

Pros

As I told [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the last time I asked for his help importing PayPal and Stripe - This service is the only reason I'm not on tranquilizers while trying to work with Quickbooks online. The Synder app is logical, well thought out and works - in other words, everything that Quickbooks online is not.

Cons

At the moment I'm so grateful it exists I cannot think of a con.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

Bulletproof Sync Between Stripe & QBO

Pros

Business Payments is basically set and forget. We've been using it for more than a year and we haven't had to touch it at all. All of our Stripe transactions are automatically imported into QBO just a few minutes after they happen.

Cons

We don't have any dislikes. It does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Reviewed on 20/5/2020

Really great product

Love the app, works like a charm and makes my life so much easier. Their chat support is fantastic, Thanks again [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for your quick responses!

Pros

Love the automatic Syncs and that you don't need to constantly check if it's working

Cons

Nothing it's great.

Emma
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

Fantastic customer support

Pros

The automation between QuickBooks and payment gateways. The support is absolutely fantastic. I had such in depth and immediate help from the rep who made me feel that I was important enough to answer promptly and spend time on. I have been so frustrated in setting up my new QuickBooks account, and their online chat was painful and clearly the operator was talking to someone else. With Cloud Business, I had immediate and individual help, which really worked for me and helped to get my book keeping operational where QBO had no real interest. Thank you so much. The support alone is why I have now chosen to use Business Payments going forward.

Cons

The price of course but it's not a real complaint!

Reviewed on 5/6/2020

Great Customer Service

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] just saved me hours of work each week. Unbeknownst to me, I had set up the flow in Snyder incorrectly and it was causing me to manually change each Stripe transaction in QBO. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] quickly identified and fixed the issue.

Cons

I am happy with all aspects of the product.

Sebastian

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Stripe sync is great

We had a few teathing problems getting things setup with our live system (we had not disconnected from our sandbox), but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in support was fantastic and guided us to get the issue resolved.

Pros

The product was very easy to use and setup, and has plenty of configuration options to suit different requirements.

Cons

Nothing really. We wanted something that would work out of the box, and it seems to do what we want.

Bill
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

New user here

Pros

New user here. Can't comment on anything yet except implementation assistance, which was outstanding. Anna asked all the right questions to find out what we needed, then walked me through every step of the process to configure Synder AND configure QBO (!!!) to integrate the two products in exactly the way I hoped things would work. I think this is so important to a successful implementation and, honestly, not something many companies get right. Synder did.

Cons

New user - don't have enough experience to comment.

Isabelle
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

save time and money

Pros

very easy to integrate, this app saves you time and works seamlessly. great customer support.

Cons

sometimes a bit confusing with the different european VAT rates.

evelyne
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

5 Star

Great

Pros

Easy to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did a very nice job answering all my questions. I was very happy with her fast responds. She provided great service and was very informative.

Cons

Nothing. I enjoyed talking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She even waited while I was trying out stuff.

Matthias
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 8/5/2020

Syncing Square with Synder is a breeze!

This company has the best support people you will ever find. It's 7.20pm here in California, I didn't think anyone would be able to help me at this hour, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was available to help me via chat. I got all my locations set up in just a few minutes. I also had a lot of questions and she answered all of them, she knew her stuff. Thank you so much, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! and Synder for how easy to use their system is.

Pros

Best tech support team
User friendliness

Cons

So far there is nothing I didn't like, this app is great!

Meagan

Reviewed on 16/4/2019

Accountant at the Beach

Good.

Pros

It allows Stripe to feed through and properly reflect fees.

Cons

It is a little complicated to get started.

Victor

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

Great for Etsy

Support was nice over the phone. Let's see if they are able to get my 50 credits back to me.

Pros

I like that it integrates better than the Etsy integration that they provide for QBO.

Cons

If you roll-back the import, you don't get the credits back.