About RingCentral MVP

RingCentral MVP is a cloud-based business communications solution that offers tools for Messaging, Video and Phone. Core features of the solution include conferencing, auto-recording and unlimited long-distance and local...

4.2

Browse RingCentral MVP Reviews

1,020 of 1,020 reviews
Adrian

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

RingCentral Great For Business

RingCentral has been a great stride forward compared to our previous VoIP solution which was buggy and had issues. It's simple, easy to use and just works.

Pros

Having used a competitor software previously I find that using RingCentral is quick, easy and bug free. It's relatively simple to load on your PC or mobile and does the exact job it is designed to do well.

Cons

Contact management could be improved on RingCentral, but overall, there really isn't much to complain about.

Brandi

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Ring Central is better than the trendy apps for business calls!

With Ring Central, we're able to record calls for training, make seamless transfers to other team members, block spam callers, and our team is able to have access to one shared company line as well as private extensions. It's a business-saver when we all work remotely!

Pros

The call recording has been huge for training our team members. The ability to transfer a call to someone with the Ask First is a feature not many apps allow, AND the fact that if my team member can't answer, I can then transfer the call back to myself for taking a message is something we haven't found in any other phone app. In other apps, if I did an Ask First transfer then the person was just lost entirely which was not good for business.

Cons

The one thing that has been less favorable is that your native phone app can/will ring over top of the Ring Central app. So it's possible to be on a Ring Central call and then have your native app ring in a call on top and you can't hear the Ring Central call. I also wish that if one of my other team members answers a call on our shared line, it wouldn't show as a missed call for me. But these are little things compared to all the benefits of the RC app.

Mario

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

Good from far, far from good.

Horrible experience. We stayed with them because we signed a contract without fully evaluating the platform. Tech support was pleasant, but insincere, and seemed more concerned with getting you off the line rather than the resolve the issue, and they used the expression 'system limitation' so much that I stopped calling. The icing on the cake was that after honouring the two-year contract with a platform that did not meet our needs and we were not using, the contract auto-renewed itself for another two years. 2 or three hours on the phone with various representatives later, they would not budge and would charge us a full cancellation fee. Sat part is that I will spend more in legal fees to get out of this mess, but I'll be damned if they will see another dime from us.

Pros

Initially, it looked good, and it had all the features we wanted. Signed up for it, and once we started doing testing we realized it was not a good fit for us.

Cons

Where do I start? First off, while this may affect Canadian users, whenever we received an incoming call, the CNAM lookup would only show the name of the city the call was originating from. Not the name or the number. After hours of talking to tech support, the only workaround was to turn the CNAM lookup off so we could at least see the number. Getting this half-fast workaround to work was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. Talking to people a world away and getting them to understand what the issue I was experiencing, including screenshots and videos, felt like talking to a wall. They could not understand why I had an issue with only seeing the name of the city on call display. The tech support kept referring to system limitations whenever they could not solve something. The salesperson has mislead us and told us we could manage multiple lines from one interface. That is not the case. You have to log into each line separately. As a small team, we wanted to have everyone have access to certain lines and be able to jump in on a conversation. That could not be accomplished. This platform was clearly not a good fit for us, but we signed a contract, and made the best of it.

8x8 X Series

Grasshopper

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

It seemed to have more features for the price.

Top RingCentral MVP Alternatives

Andres
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Excellent tool

Excellent, it is efficient, easy to use, and reliable.

Pros

It is a completely efficient tool; it can be easily used with either a small or large team. It has all kinds of tools useful to keep efficient call tracking, performance log, and analytics.

Cons

I do not consider I have something I do not like from this software at the moment.

CloudTalk

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

The previous tool did not include half of the features found in RingCentral

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

The reviews, pricing, support during the purchase, and general information
Laura
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

RingCentral MVP

Overall, RingCentral is a very useful tool, for online meetings, since its very user-friendly, it gives very helpful options and it serves as a tool to monitor and share information with my coworkers. As mentioned before, I don't use the app, but the browser version is fairly good. It shows the participants (which is a useful tool to make sure no one else is added to the call), in this section of the call, also shows who's the monitor, and the rest of the participants, along with the camera and microphone option, which allows us to let the other participants know if they are talking but we can hear them or vice-versa. It's just as useful as other video conferencing apps. Fair price and easy to use.

Pros

I like the fact that I can get on my weekly meetings with my coworkers. Sent them the invitation and they can join right away. I have the option to schedule meetings with them and share my screen and the communication is very efficient. I have never experienced errors or delays while in a meeting.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to log in when I'm not the one hosting the meetings.Since I use the website version and not the app when I click on the invitation link to get into a call, it always tells me to download the app, and that prevents me from going right into the call. Also, after I click on the link, the waiting time to show me the screen and the call window is longer than other apps I have used.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 9/10/2022

Feature packed product but service is lacking if something goes wrong!

They have the best offerings and are the most reliable service. Just lock you accounts with a separate vPN and make sure you never need their support!

Pros

I love the features, and the excellent design. The platform is very easy to use.

Cons

The support is little to none when something goes wrong. Salespeople give you much attention but account managers pay you no attention once signed up...

Nextiva

Nextiva could not get my number from Ring Central

Nextiva

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

Went back to the provider I had before, where the number was being held hostage!
Gabriel
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 3/11/2022

recommend it over Slack

Team communication is flawless. VOIP works great with a vast variety of area codes to choose from, and it has allowed international calls. I can receive and send text messages and fax as well. Video calls work great and they're very simple for someone outside the platform to set up.

Pros

it's packed full of features like a proper VOIP, video meeting, calendar integration...etc. I can have conversations with clients and track everything in one platform.

Cons

It's UI isn't the prettiest. It's not an eyesore by any means but it can be improved. Notifications don't seem to pop-up on my phone in real time, they tend to take 15 minutes to show up.

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Expensive, but Good

Pros

This is an industry standard, and works very well for what we use it for. We only use the calling features at the moment, but that works great for us.

Cons

We get too many calls from new account reps trying to sell us on an upgraded plan or new features. I've explained that we're not interested, but they keep calling.

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Satisfactory, not extraordinary

I will call my experience satisfactory experience but not extraordinary mainly because of initial struggles.

Pros

RingCentral is an audio/video conferencing meeting system. It does a decent job of setting up, join meetings, and capture recordings. If you understand how this works, it's very easy to get on with the system.

Cons

While RingCentral works most of the time, not without challenges and especially during the initial days. The interface somewhat looks cluttery and could've been more intuitive.

Claudia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Perfect to save money in you telephone bills

You can install the app, take calls anywhere, send them to the voice mail, its really great.

Pros

Easy to use, friendly software no hassle

Cons

Nothing really, I like it all. Its a great tool

Michelle
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 6/5/2022

Affordable and Intuitive Option for Small Business

We were looking for an affordable, integrated platform that can be used for both internal collaboration and as an external calling solution. Our staff is grateful to no longer give out their cell numbers for calls, but to be able to get calls forwarded through the app. Overall, RingCentral MVP was easy to implement and we're satisfied.

Pros

RingCentral is convenient and easy to use, especially where we need it most- that is, making calls and sending texts to our clients and external partners from our app or desktop. Even for staff members who don't have extensions, it's easy to forward Voice Messages via email, since they come in as an attachment.

Our team was moving from a dial-only system and had reservations about transitioning to a feature-rich cloud based phone line- but everything is easy to use and straightforward, from integrations to scheduling to sharing files. We weren't expecting that we'd use the reporting feature, but that also comes in handy as we can collect data on who is making calls and sending texts at what durations and who is successful in connecting, all which supports time management for our caseworkers.

Cons

Periodically, customer support will have you waiting for a long time. When there's a technical glitch, this can be an issue. However, it's only happened an handful of times, and we're overall satisfied.

Google Voice, Zoom Meetings, Microsoft Teams and Ooma Office

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

The pricing was better vs enterprise versions of the other platforms, and our sales team was able to set us up very quickly.
Shane
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Full Communication Suite

My overall experience with Ringcentral is very positive. The purchasing experience was quick, helpful, and easy. Once we purchased the software, we had all of the support we needed to get started. We were up and running very quickly and training users was easy. I highly recommend the product.

Pros

The best thing about the software is how intuitive and easy to use it is. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel and give you an interface that you've neever seen before. Everything seems to be placed where you would expect it to be and you don't need to constantly dig for information. I also like that over the past few years they have moved all of their apps into one app to make it that much easier.

Cons

I don't like that their used to be more than one application for meetings, calling, and instant messaging. It was tedious to switch between them all. Now that they have merged them all together, it's much better.

Dialpad, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Ooma Office

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

8X8 had a lot of issues with their messaging system. This resulted in messages slipping through the cracks and poor user / customer experiences.

Features, Price, and Ease of use
Ryan

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

They saved us from an ancient ShoreTel system, and helped us embrace remote work

RingCentral has been in business voip for a long time now. They are huge, well defined, and are consistent across the entire experience of sales, design, implementation and training. When you onboard, you feel like you are gaining access to a huge resource that has been doing this long enough to have their game down. You pay more for that kind of experience, and it was worth it to us.

Pros

The platform feels modern and robust. I like that end users can install the client without us having to deploy msi's. The sound quality alone on calls was night in day from our onprem system with SIP trunks. We were worried about quality, but it's been a non issue. It's nice having a platform that is constantly improving over time, without us having to shell out more money to prod the vendor to offer more. If you have solid internet connections into your business, you'll be fine.

Cons

The offering was a little on the pricier side compared to competitors. Worth it in my opinion though.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

Running an on prem pbx just doesn't make sense anymore when you have fast internet access. We decided our time was more valuable in other areas of the business.

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

Ring felt the most mature and well developed out of the other offerings. We were willing to pay more for a better overall product and support experience. The platform does feel like unified communication, and is flexible enough with API access that we'll be able to change how we use it over time. The other offerings often felt bolted together from acquisitions to get into the space. Ring felt a little more robust and fleshed out compared to the others.
Tony
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Perfect product for a SME

Very pleased, it serves us extremely well. We have offices in the UK, Italy and the Philippines and can all use the conferencing tools and phone systems as if we were in the same office.

We can schedule calls and have them integrated with TEAMS too, so it makes our SharePoint facility a great place for collaborating with our Partners globally.

Pros

The ability to configure the platform as required to meet your business requirements. We use it to handle all inbound calls and can route them to mobile phone, desktops and to voice mail boxes as required. With the seamless integration with Office 365 and with Salesforce we are really well positioned to automate more while providing an excellent experience for our customers.

Cons

At first, it may appear to be difficult to set-up, but after some trials and finding some of the pitfalls we managed to get it operating how we wanted to. Our business is primarily Mac-based, so it is different from Windows. We had a couple of glitches during the early days when upgrading to the latest MacOS but these did get fixed.

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

Having completed a detailed UCaaS RFP for a client engagement sometime before and also speaking with some users who are using the platform extensively, it was a fairly easy decision to make. The economics and the functionality made it a good decision for our business.
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Good for inner-office messaging but not for task management

I pretty much already said everything in my previous comments. This was already being used when I started working for this company so I don't know how it's measured up to people's initial expectations. But it is useful for messaging coworkers and discussing projects and other work-related topics. We use RingCentral meetings a lot. Not only does the entire office use it for our daily morning meetings, but it's also used a lot by individual teams to discuss their projects. This is another feature that has been especially useful during COVID. We used to use it some when we were all working in the office, but it's been a great tool for communicating with coworkers now that we are all home and can't easily walk down the hall to someone's office.

From what I understand, this software is owned by Zoom so it has a lot of similar features to that meetings platform. So people that are familiar with Zoom would probably have an easy time figuring out how to use RingCentral meetings.

I really dislike the desk phones though - which we received as part of our RingCentral package. They are way too complicated to use so I almost always used my personal cell phone to make work-related calls. I actually find the RingCentral Phone app a lot more intuitive and easier to use than the desk phones.

Pros

I like that you can set up different groups/teams to discuss things with people that are relevant to the conversation. For example, each company department can have their own team or one can be set up for a specific project and you can choose to only add the people involved with that project. You can also have private chats with with one or more people, then turn that chat into a team of you determine that world be beneficial.

I also like that you can tag people, decreasing the chance that they'll overlook the message, know it's something important they need to view/respond to, and will see the message more quickly (if they have tagged-notifications turned on in their account settings).

It's also nice that it's likes to the office phone system. It allows you to take phone calls made to your office phone on your cell phone if you have the RingCentral phone app (RC Phone) installed. This has been especially useful during COVID. We've been working from home for almost a full year and most people didn't take their desk phones home with them. It's great to be able to receive work calls even though we haven't been in the office.

It also integrates with meetings. Each person has their own, unique meeting URL to use if they are scheduling meetings on the calendar. But you can also start a meeting directly within a team and everyone on the team will get notified that they are being called into a meeting.

Cons

My company was trying to use this for the reasons I described above, but also as a task-management tool. Although there are some task-management features built into the software, it's definitely not what I would recommend for that purpose.

Because the main purpose of this is for messaging colleagues, the layout is not great for keeping your tasks organized and helping you stay on top of all the various projects you have going on at once. When tasks are assigned to people, they quickly get lost among all the messages that are posted after the assigned-task notification. When we were using this as our only task-management tool, people would often forget about tasks, miss the deadlines, etc.

Chirag
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Call, text, fax and conference from anywhere

The overall experience with RingCentral is very positive. The sales and implementation cycle was smooth. Users got used to RingCentral very quickly and were excited for a different system of communication. The future needs of our company will be met with RingCentral. Using RingCentral now, we are able to reduce number of contracts, home grown systems, other vendors' system and unsupported systems in favor of cloud-based telephony. I am, and my company is, pleased with RingCentral.

Pros

RingCentral is a unified communication system. All types of communications stay in a single software. It's great to give a business partner your office number that they could call, text or fax. Video conferencing is easy. RingCentral can be used from a web browser, desktop application, tablet app or a phone app. The unification of all these communication in one spot makes it easy for business partners and customers to work with us.

Cons

RingCentral's video conferencing software and company chat system has opportunities for improvement. Video conference quality is not at par with Zoom. Company chat system is great but not as smooth and elegant as Slack. Those are two areas for improvement.

8x8 X Series, Zoom Meetings and MiCloud Connect

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

As customer's habit changed with communication, our Cisco phones were one way of communicating. We had fax systems that were separate. We had 3 internal chatting systems. We had a texting system that was alright. And yet, data from all these systems had to be brought into our insurance systems or in a different common place. All of this effort wasn't improving our ability to deliver to our customers. Making the switch allows us to spend less time with various software and more time serving customers who we deeply care about.

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

RingCentral's sales team did a remarkable job of keeping the conversation simple. As we asked questions, RingCentral showed us more features. They caught our attention by showing us what mattered most. They also had a clean, easy proof of concept that showed minimum barrier for entry, full feature-set and more. Their sales team used their own products to provide us support during proof of concept. While priced higher than others, RingCentral sure were able to show us the value and their fitness for a company like ours. When RingCentral showed unified communication, it sure was all unified. Competitors had a core product and different technologies appeared to have been bolted on to it. Competition was good as well. A clean, unified product, proof of concept and a smooth sales cycle led us to finalize RingCentral.
Cole
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Convenient Calling Solution

Overall, we choose to use RingCentral to making completing and receiving phones calls from external partners easier for our employees. It effectively did exactly what we hoped. Made life easier and solidified an appropriate work life balance. No longer did employees need to give out their personal mobile phone numbers but they were able to use their RingCentral line that went to the very same device. The RingCentral app integrated nicely onto iPhones and made the experience quite hassle free.

Pros

RingCentral has a handful of pros that make the software great and very ideal for doing business. To begin, RingCentral has a mobile phone app that can easily be downloaded on Apple or Android that completely integrates with the calling system on the device. The software gives you a completely new phone line that we used as work lines but the calls come right through on your existing device. As incoming calls come in, your phone indicates that its a call to the RingCentral line which made deciding when to accept a call very convenient. The software includes all the regular features of a phone, such as voicemail. When voicemail messages were left, I would also receive a notification email to my work email that had the audio message included and could listen right on the computer if I wanted to. Furthermore, the best pro I experienced with RingCentral was the ability to complete International calling and texting, both incoming and outgoing. This was the driving factor in me adopting the software and it worked perfectly. I was able to receive international calls without always needing to arrange a scheduled conference call. This made business very convenient. Discovering that I could text internationally through the RingCentral app was a great bonus!

Cons

What I've liked least about RingCentral are more so areas of improvement rather than full blown cons. Most notably, while the mobile app does integrate well and gets the job done, it can often times lag and be a bit clunky. Overall, the app lacks a sense of intuitiveness that proved challenging. Discovering and completing texting through the app, especially internationally, was very much not straightforward or easy to complete and required digging and research on my end. RingCentral even updated their app, creating a new one entirely, but the old app is also still active and both remain on my phone and it's unclear as to which should be used as it appears that both are fully functioning. Ultimately, I suppose the mobile app is the greatest con that RingCentral faces.

Jenny

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Highly responsive customer service

RingCentral helped us to solve the use of old technology like physical faxes. It offered an affordable options for tele-conferences and it provides multiple options for customer service, when needed.

Pros

It is easy to use and administer. We use this sytem for agents that provide Service Management and other users in the company. We have a combination of soft and deskphones that meets all needs. The RingCentral App and the fax features are the favorites amongst users. It is HIPAA compliant and the customer service is stellar. We haven't experienced an outage.

Cons

Deskphones tend to have echo. For some reason, at the beggining we had a lot of issues with the audio (like dead air or choppy calls) but they were addressed promptly. Reporting capabilities are not as robust as other softwares out there.

AireContact

Needed to update technology

MiCloud Connect
Dawn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Ring Central (the future phone)

Benefits from Ring Central for me are the recorded lines. I deal with a lot of chargebacks and unhappy customers at times. To deal with them I need to have facts of what they are telling me and none other than a recorded line will get me those facts of the conversations had earlier with other employees, to determine the outcome of the issue presented to me.

Pros

My favorite pro on Ring Central are all the lines are recorded and there is easy access to pull up those calls. You simply log into your account on ringcentral.com and all calls can be searched by day, time or phone number. You can save the recordings to your computer and send them where applicable. Another pro is the phone has bluetooth capability. I have hooked up my head set to Ring Centrals phone lines several times. You also can easily transfer calls, add a conference call (3-way calling) and put the phone on DND (Do Not Disturb) if busy. My current Ring Central phone has 4 incoming lines available to ring, although I usually only need 2 lines. My first and last name is also on my phone. You can also set up for your phone to have different ring tones for different people and keep a phone book available on the phone for easy access of calling the people you call the most.

Cons

I have found two cons for Ring Central: Since the phone runs off of internet, if the wifi signal goes down, so does the phone. Unfortunately you will need to wait until the wifi connects again for the phone line to become active again. I do believe there is way to hard wire the phone line as well where it is not connected to wifi. The second would be the recorded calls only go back as far as 3 months. Sometimes in business we need to go back a little further than 3 months.

Monica

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

My experience with Ring Central

Pros

We own a installation business that installs different products for 5-7 Big Box Home Improvement Centers. We bought a new home in a different area code and poor landline phone service. Changing your phone number with a Big Box company is difficult and produces a lag time in several areas including fax and invoice payments from the Big Box. Before the move I heard about Ring Central from a competitor Installer. Most of our work came in over a fax machine at that time and when we vacationed or spent days away from the office it was hard to continue business. With Ring central all faxes come over your phone, much like a email and you can forward them to the different subcontractors right from your cell phone, taking your office with you wherever you go. Additionally, we did not have to change our office land line number when we moved but with the cloud system offered thru Ring central we were able to have all land line calls come thru our cell phone in addition to calls generated by people dialing our cell phone number. All this at very reasonable prices. I do not have to pay for land line service or fax service, but am able to fax from my cell phone or computer. Ring Central has been a life saver and very convenient for my home business.

Cons

When talking to customers or coworker thru land line cloud phone numbers---If a call comes in over cell phone, the cell phone call takes leadership and often interupts cloud system calls in progress and disconnects calls over land line number. Inconvenient.

Justin

Reviewed on 21/4/2018

One of the most complete easy to use fully cloud solutions out there

If you are starting out, you might want to try a cheaper provider first, or bundle with Office 365 if you already have that. I know this is a solid solution. I've never had the chance to use anything else for VoIP, but I know this will get certainly get the job done well. I would have no reservations going into this at all if you need to make a quick decision. This company will be able to handle your system and do everything you need within reason.

Pros

No need to have anything but a desk phone, computer, or mobile device, and the internet to make it work. It is very feature-rich. They work with many phones, even others like Microsoft say are not compatible. If you have a bunch of old equipment that won't work with another cloud provider, RC will be one of your best bets to work with your hardware. If even they don't work with your devices, you probably need to get rid of your archaic technology. Provision is very quick and easy. Their chat support has less than a 10-minute wait, usually no wait. Their support is very capable. They handle all firmware upgrades automatically, at least with our VVX phones.

Cons

Cost much more than a locally-hosted system but I think if money is not an issue, it's much better to let your company do what it does best, and let RC do what it does best. Don't try to be a VoIP provider company just for yourselves. Let the pros do it (unless if you're a VERY large company maybe).
Don't pay crazy more for phones from them, just buy them on Amazon and provision them yourself in about three minutes. For rare, advanced problems, sometimes their support drops the ball and you need to contact your account manager. Sometimes he'll be out of the office for several days though. Anytime we've had more than two phones down, they have been able to solve our problems by the next morning, even for CRAZY issues. Most of the time support is very great and I recommend it.

Reviewed on 9/2/2018

Expensive, but worth it if you abuse the system.

We are able to easily communicate (and keep track of our communications) in voice and text from opposite sides of the world without anyone calling in having any indication that we're not all in the same time zone.

Pros

RingCentral allows a far-flung Internet-based company to act like a local company in terms of having a local number to call (and call from), while allowing you to quickly and flawlessly transfer callers between extensions even if those extensions are on opposite sides of the planet. It also records all of your texts and calls, allowing you to download and save them for future needs, which is vital in any litigation-sensitive business like property management.

On the level of an individual worker, the ability to mix and match a SoftPhone (on your PC), the RingCentral app (on your mobile device), plus seamlessly forward calls from your landline *and* make a VoiP call that then forwards *your end* of that call to your landline and allows you to have the conversation over the phone like normal.

Cons

Really, the only problem with RingCentral is the price. The price per person per month is steep enough that a smaller company has to really be careful with who they give extensions to, and the limitation to two SoftPhone installs per extension means you can't really use an extension for a whole department or team. Right now, for example, my Marketing team has 3 full-time and 1 part-time worker, but the company can only afford one extension for all of the marketing, so I can't even install a SoftPhone on my desktop and my laptop, because the other one of our SoftPhones is installed on a computer in the Philippines so that we have multiple people who can answer the phone in case one is busy.

Oh, and I have had occasional problems where texting a RingCentral number from a service like Google Voice will flat-out not work, and we can't figure out why. But that's a really minor complaint, all things considered. :)

Kim

Reviewed on 6/10/2017

Rock Solid VoIP with great features, but on the expensive side

It's really quite something to have a portable phone system that you can use on any device that can access the internet.

Pros

Never had any downtime with RingCentral, which is a big deal to compensate for the fact that we all work remotely. It's important to feel that we can JUST call.

We had the occasional weird softrware incompatibility issues withe some USB headsets with the Softphones, but besides that, it felt like it just worked.

We have always been able to set up any menu tree, any re-routing option, any special hours of operation we wanted to, in order to suit our occasional business quirks.

They have also been quite flexible with our contract, with the occasional downgrade, even when they did not have to.

RingCentral also helps us comply with HIPAA standard, which allows us to have health-realted video calls with our clients on a secure platform. The video calls are really quite good, with little to no lag. RingCentral Meetings seems to be another one of their services that seems to just work.

The admin portal seems to get better and better, and easier and easier to use. Even though it has a very extensive list of features and options, we seem to be able to manage each individual line ourselves almost all the time and do everything we need to without calling tech support for help.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are the price (although not as high as 8x8) and the occasional (quite rare, really) long wait time to call support.

It can feel a bit overwhelming at first because of all the options and features, but once the initial setup is done, it should be fine.

Stephen
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Ring Central for Medium Businesses

We use RingCentral daily as our main phone system and we have a customer call center that uses the phone system very heavily. In general we have not had any major downtime with RingCentral but we do have the strange glitches that cause some users headaches trying to get the softphone to work correctly for them. The phone system works most of the time but because we use Plantronics headsets there can be some tricky configuration that users have difficulties with from time to time.

Pros

RingCentral Softphone app is similar to a cell phone which makes it easy for people to relate to the functions of the softphone app. We use Glip, the messaging system that is part of the RingCentral phone app every day and we particularly like the gif feature that allows you to search for gifs and post them to chat. I also like that you can have the RingCentral phone app on both your desktop or laptop computer and your cell phone and you can transfer calls between the two devices pretty easily. The contacts tab on the softphone app is also a great feature that allows us to search for anyone in the company's number easily and quickly and is a great improvement over our last voip system.

Cons

There are a lot of strange glitches with RingCentral that happen, like when a user cannot make or receive phone calls and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the user's computer (only seen on Windows 7 computers).We have also had strange issue where a user is not logged into a queue and is set to busy or do not disturb as their status and they get missed calls even though their phone never rang. The support and web results for any issue you search for are not helpful and definitely seem to be filtered to make it seem that there are no issues with the RingCentral softphone app. I also do not like how the phone app will take over my keyboard when I get a call and stop me from completing whatever I was typing when the call came in.

Chad
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Ring Central - New VoIP Solution

We came from a very archaic platform, that did not give us any ability to report/integrate/etc. With Ring Central, we now have the insight and ease of use. Our users can now use either a softphone or hard-wired desk phone. Click to call has been a game-changer for all of our users.

Pros

The ease of use with this platform far outperforms the competitors such as Vonage/8x8/etc. With over 500 employees we always look for platforms that are easy to use, concise, and simply. Ring Central check all of those boxes immediately. Another great feature is the integration with Salesforce. We utilize Salesforce heavily and the ease of use RingCentral provides with SF is wonderful. Highly Recommend the product if you are looking for a new VoIP provider.

Cons

We are only 6 months into our rollout and there is not much were are finding at fault. If we could change one thing it would be to allow us to provision licenses at a needed basis. We do still need to reach out to a sales rep to acquire additional licenses.

8x8 X Series and Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

The system at VoiceMaxx was very outdates and customer service was terrible. We needed to upgrade to a new solution to get much-needed features like SaaS integrations.

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

Ease of use, Price, and slick integrations are the top three items.