SpamTitan does not have a free version but does offer a free trial. SpamTitan paid version starts at US$1.27/month.
Alternatives to SpamTitan
Symantec Endpoint Security
SPAMfighter Exchange Module
Libraesva Email Security
- Industry: Telecommunications
- Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
- Used Daily for Free Trial
Protect my email from spam attack
Deploying this software in my email system has reduce the risk of me getting attack from spam email and malware. With the increase case of people get attack by ransomware attach with their email, this software will totally protect me from that attack.
Combating spam and malware attack on my email is the biggest feature that SpamTitan has help me with. The email monitoring really work well and will block and notify me if any of the emails show strange behavior or comes from entrusted source.
SpamTitan is quite hard to learn all the feature and tools that comes with it. Some of the notification alert is too strange and i need to constantly referring back to the manual to know the description of the alert.
- Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Company size: 201–500 Employees
- Used Daily for 2+ years
Good mail filter, easy for our users to manage.
SpamTitan provided a lot of the functionality of our previous mail filtering service, while keeping costs competitive. It's very simple and easy to use from an end user perspective, and not terribly hard to set up as an Administrator. There are plenty of options for deployments both small and large. On the back end SpamTitan uses a collection of open source software like Spamassasin and ClamAV, bundled together in a pretty web interface they've designed and provide support for. Compared to rolling your own solution, hiring a Linux admin to manage a mail filtering service, this is much more cost effective.
Support was a little lacking. Their headquarters are in Ireland, so responses take a little longer, and it's a little hard understanding them sometimes, especially over the phone. The audio quality of overseas phone calls is very poor.
The foundation SpamTitan is built on Spamassasin is only so good, it doesn't catch spam and viruses like the leading mail providers (Gmail/Google Apps). For that reason, it may require a little more time for administrators to fine tune settings.
- Industry: Information Technology & Services
- Company size: 11–50 Employees
- Used Daily for 6-12 months
Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.
Spam is removed.
Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.
The following lets it down:
1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better.
2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured but had no idea Spam Titan was blocking it.
3. It can fail to deliver to the endpoint mail server, but doesn't report whether the email was successfully delivered or not just that it passed or didn't pass the spam listing, you have to go into the actual email and look at the headers.
4. Would be nice if there was a encrypted SMTP relay too that could scan email going out. Haven't had a compromised laptop or email account but could see how this would help.
Response from TitanHQ
Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows:
1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report.
2. All mail that connect to SpamTitan will be reported on in the Reporting > History tab. Along with all headers.
3. If a mail is passed to the mail server this will be shown on the Reporting > History tab. Along with the SMTP response the Mail Server provided.
4.SpamTitan will filter all outbound mail and can have TLS enabled for encrypted traffic.
We're constantly developing and trying to improve SpamTitan Conor, thanks again for the great feedback
- Industry: Music
- Company size: 2–10 Employees
- Used Daily for 1-5 months
SpamTitan: A Reliable and Effective Spam Filter Solution
I have been using SpamTitan for several months now and I am impressed with its effectiveness in filtering spam emails. The software is very easy to set up and the interface is user-friendly. The spam filtering is accurate and it has reduced the number of spam emails that I receive. It also allows for customization of spam filtering options, which is useful to fine-tune the spam filtering to my specific needs.
The software is very easy to set up and the interface is user-friendly. The spam filtering is accurate and it has reduced the number of spam emails that I receive. It also allows for customization of spam filtering options, which is useful to fine-tune the spam filtering to my specific needs.
I did not encounter any major cons while using the software, but I wish it had more advanced reporting options.
- Industry: Construction
- Company size: 51–200 Employees
- Used Daily for 1-5 months
Excellent Cloud based Spam filter for Office 365 Email
It has been pleasant doing business with SpamTitan. There sales team was low pressure, when I inquired with them they got back to me right away, they provided a live demo of the product, and they offered a free commitment free trial period so that we were able to directly compare it to our old spam filter solution before making a purchase.
Price is extremely reasonable for the service they provide. The competition has slightly more features but they offer them at 3 - 5 times the cost per user, which is in no way justifiable for the benefit (if any). Very easy to setup and offers great flexibility in how emails are filtered for different users.
One feature that is currently missing that our previous spam filter solution had was the ability to whitelist and blacklist email address and domains directly from the mail history report.